PDA

View Full Version : Parker-Manu-Green-Kawhi-LA

coachmac87
05-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Starting line up?

Patty, Diaw, Duncan off the bench.

cjw
05-11-2016, 01:04 PM
Agree you have to stagger Duncan and Aldridge minutes somewhat and perhaps go small to play Diaw and West as few minutes as possible (especially together). Or at least swap Duncan off at 9 minute mark. Yes, you give up rebounding but not like Diaw or West can rebound anyway. Bonner probably rebounds as well as they do.

Is Kevin Martin still sick/hurt or completely played himself out of the rotation? I'm actually okay playing him in lineups where Roberson is on the floor instead of Patty. Party's D has always been suspect but he's a minus offensively too. At least Martin can get to the line. Given how aggressive OKC is, important to get them into foul trouble. Something Spurs didn't capitalize on last game.

Kawhi, Aldridge and Green all have to see 40 minutes of action. Even if Green isn't hitting, there's no other non-Kawhi option to guard Durant/Westbrook other than a few possessions here and there.

cd021
05-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Pop would not short change his bench but I would go to it in crunch time similar to Pop going with TP-Manu-Green-Leonard-Duncan to closeout the Clippers Game 7 even though the Clips were playing Blake and D'dre

EIC
05-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Starting Unit: Parker, Green, Kawhi, Aldridge, Boban.

Second Unit: Mills, Manu, Diaw, West, Duncan.*

*There is just no way Pop will be able to resist not playing Diaw and West together.

TDomination
05-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Starting Unit: Parker, Green, Kawhi, Aldridge, Boban.

Second Unit: Mills, Manu, Diaw, West, Duncan.*

*There is just no way Pop will be able to resist not playing Diaw and West together.

Your probably right about Pop. Really annoying how he can't resist playing them together.

But I wouldn't mind this

NORMAL STARTERS
BENCH: Mills, Diaw, Boban, Manu/Martin (NO WEST, NO KYLE)

TheGreatYacht
05-11-2016, 02:20 PM
Starters: Parker, Green, Leonard, Aldridge, Duncan

Bench: Mills, Ginobili, Martin, Diaw/West, Boban

The starters are fine, besides Game 2 they've outplayed OKC's starters in the 1st and 3rd quarters. It's the bench that needs to be changed. Sub in Ginobili early for Green and then when it's time to give Leonard rest bring Green back in to guard Durant, who stays on the floor with the bench. KMart would just play 5-8 minutes to give Manu a quick breather. NEVER play a minute without one of Kawhi or LMA. If Duncan is unplayable roll with Boban. They're both stiffs and can't guard the P&R but at least Boban rebounds and scores. If it's Diaw 0.1 out there and he's shitting the bed then bring in West and pray.

coachmac87
05-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Pop waited a half too late...I knew this would make things easier on offense

CGD
05-12-2016, 08:57 PM
Too little too late, but yes, this was the adjustment to make.

itsamanuthree
05-12-2016, 09:07 PM
BUT WHY THE FUCK DID POP SUBBED PARKER AND MANU FOR, WAIT FOR IT... PATTY AND ANDERSON.... JUST WHEN THIS LINE UP WAS CREATING MOMENTUM....

What is Pop a motherfucking son of a bitch who wants to lose on purpose or outright retarded.