PDA

View Full Version : OKC is up 3-2 b/c Adams/Kanter are +30 in the series thanks to Pop & D-Worst

Kawhitstorm
05-11-2016, 02:12 PM
Every fuckin' lineup that has D-Worst on it has been abominable, it doesn't matter who's playing next to him dude is still a HUGE liability if Adams/Kanter are on the floor. Diaw/West are just as terrible as Softridge/West against that tandem.

If that senile old geezer is going to insist on playing him then he should start so he's matched up w/ the space cadet that is Ibaka!:bang

DarrinS
05-11-2016, 02:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR1rWIPuELo

apalisoc_9
05-11-2016, 02:26 PM
Same guy chinook wsnts to start :lmao

TheGreatYacht
05-11-2016, 02:44 PM
What do you want Pop to do? Do you think he has a giant, with great PER, dominant Per 36 numbers, and has cucked Kanter, just walking around in the locker room?

:cry Don't question Pop! He's never wrong! :cry

bklynspursfan
05-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Seems like when he didn't use Blair much against OKC in 2012. But like I said in another thread, I don't think Boban makes a difference.. Aside from the refs, we've shot ourselves in the foot far too often in losses. Heck even in our 2nd win we did too

Kawhitstorm
05-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Seems like when he didn't use Blair much against OKC in 2012. But like I said in another thread, I don't think Boban makes a difference..

Boban is irrelevant, Pop is playing the worst rebounding PF/C tandem in the league against one of best rebounding PF/C tandems of ALL-TIME (Kanter/Adams):rolleyes

Mouth is Bleeding
05-11-2016, 03:08 PM
It can't be said enough GO SMALL!

We have killer lineups that 2 big man opposition just cannot defend in today's NBA and we'll force them off the floor.

Warriors and Kerr would do so immediately. At least we can still do it as a last resort.

Our current offense in this series would rate among bottom 3 in the regular season! It is that bad!

We need a strong dose of offense.

PG (when Patty there will just be too many shooters for their big lineups), Manu, Green, Kawhi, LMA!

I really think it's our only hope. It's an adjustment that would inevitably happen against GS, but in this series it is high time for Pop to take some fuckin initiative. ADJUST!

In the playoffs you can't just do your own thing, but try to hit opponent weaknesses. OKC is doing that and beating us on a big vs big matchup while Pop is doing minimal, still playing not least West and Kyle terrible minutes with terrible consequences.

How Danny isn't staggered when Kd is on the floor over Anderson is just horrible and very costly.

Kawhi at the 4 is a must now. He is not even a worse rebounder than West and Diaw losing that battle so overwhelmingly that it has turned thye series and with these smaller lineups offense, spacing and hopefully ball movement is exactly what especially Kanter struggle against and we have a real chance of taking away their edge by presenting a different initiative.

sammy
05-11-2016, 03:42 PM
Somewhere Rasual Butler is laughing! We kept that worthless Bonner and Butler could've have helped us guard the bigs in this series! Small ball is killing us!

coachmac87
05-11-2016, 03:52 PM

We have killer lineups that 2 big man opposition just cannot defend in today's NBA and we'll force them off the floor.

Warriors and Kerr would do so immediately. At least we can still do it as a last resort.

Our current offense in this series would rate among bottom 3 in the regular season! It is that bad!

PG (when Patty there will just be too many shooters for their big lineups), Manu, Green, Kawhi, LMA!

I really think it's our only hope. It's an adjustment that would inevitably happen against GS, but in this series it is high time for Pop to take some fuckin initiative. ADJUST!

In the playoffs you can't just do your own thing, but try to hit opponent weaknesses. OKC is doing that and beating us on a big vs big matchup while Pop is doing minimal, still playing not least West and Kyle terrible minutes with terrible consequences.

How Danny isn't staggered when Kd is on the floor over Anderson is just horrible and very costly.

Kawhi at the 4 is a must now. He is not even a worse rebounder than West and Diaw losing that battle so overwhelmingly that it has turned thye series and with these smaller lineups offense, spacing and hopefully ball movement is exactly what especially Kanter struggle against and we have a real chance of taking away their edge by presenting a different initiative.

This. I made a thread about it. I'd start Parker-Manu-Green-Kawhi-LA

Either that or Boban

houston spurs fan
05-11-2016, 04:01 PM
I blame RC. We don't have the right personnel.

daslicer
05-11-2016, 04:11 PM
OKC's set up is similar to the Kobe-Gasol lakers from '08-'10. Westbrook plays the Kobe role as chucker and facilitator while Kanter/Adams/Ibacka play garbage clean up role of Gasol/Odom/Bynum except there are not as talented as the Laker bigs but then you throw in Durant's scoring and it makes it harder to beat them. Essentially the Thunder are a two man team offensively in Durant and Westbrook taking all the shots while their bigs play the role of cleaning up their garbage and recycling their bricks. If the Spurs could win the rebounding battle they would easily win this series but unfortunately they lack the bigs to solve this problem. If OKC wins you will see the Warriors expose their one dimensional offense once they deny them the rebounds.

HarlemHeat37
05-11-2016, 04:14 PM
OKC's set up is similar to the Kobe-Gasol lakers from '08-'10. Westbrook plays the Kobe role as chucker and facilitator while Kanter/Adams/Ibacka play garbage clean up role of Gasol/Odom/Bynum except there are not as talented as the Laker bigs but then you throw in Durant's scoring and it makes it harder to beat them. Essentially the Thunder are a two man team offensively in Durant and Westbrook taking all the shots while their bigs play the role of cleaning up their garbage and recycling their bricks. If the Spurs could win the rebounding battle they would easily win this series but unfortunately they lack the bigs to solve this problem. If OKC wins you will see the Warriors expose their one dimensional offense once they deny them the rebounds.

Golden State's biggest matchup advantage vs. OKC is that they can make Kanter unplayable, tbh..Spurs just don't have the personnel to exploit his historically bad pick&roll and team defense, unfortunately..they're attacking him in the post, which isn't really a mismach, since he's not a terrible post defender..

Warriors are going to destroy him in space, he won't be able to stay on the court, which will negate OKC's size advantage..

05-11-2016, 04:34 PM

Pop won't even stop playing David West and Diaw together, let alone making a major adjustment like this. You're asking too much of him.

tholdren
05-11-2016, 05:52 PM
I blame RC. We don't have the right personnel.
Spurs don't know that. They signed players but refuse to play them.
Someone go to change.org and create a petition.