PDA

View Full Version : Is Pop the Arsène Wenger of the NBA?

Kawhitstorm
05-11-2016, 05:40 PM
They are both universally loved & basking in the glory of their "beautiful game" but often fall on their own swords.

There are now folks asking for Wengner's head & Pop could have been in that position if 2014 didn't happen.

tholdren
05-11-2016, 05:46 PM
lol - I've said this a billion times before: pop is a great people manager, he's retarded when it comes to matchup and x o.

Cuing all the "you know better than pop" comments in 3,2,1.... Doesn't take much to coach the players pop had, but it took a great job of keeping them together and in check.

K...
05-11-2016, 05:56 PM
I think pop is as smart as ever but lacks the energy to game manage. With a veteran PG you might expect game management to be an afterthought, but enriquez happens.

Pop would be fine if Kawhi and LMA were not girls in drag.

NASpurs
05-11-2016, 06:03 PM
:lmao I was just thinking Pop is the Arsene Wenger of the NBA. To Pop's credit though, he's changed his style a handful of times unlike Wenger who lives in the past and Pop has actually won something recently unlike Wenger who only has a measly FA Cup in the past 10 years. Both teams though are carrying a lot of dead weight and need a lot of changes.

Pop is stubborn but has changed. Wenger is stubborn, never takes blame for himself and thinks his way is right way.

TheGreatYacht
05-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Tony Parker = Thierry Henry
Tim Duncan = Alexis Sanchez
Manu Ginobili = Flamini :lol

apalisoc_9
05-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Yup.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-11-2016, 07:50 PM
Patty Mills = Giroud