PDA

View Full Version : Pull yourselves together

Spurs 4 The Win
05-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Going through these forums it seems like we already lost game 6 from how most of you all are acting. Stop being a bunch of defeatist pussies. Yes, the odds are long, the refs are dirty, and we havent played to our capabilities except in Game 1. But like any sporting event, its not over till its over. Most people are predicting a blowout, thats not gonna fucking happen, this team knows what is on the line and I guaran-fucking-tee they arent gonna go down without one hell of a fight. We are going to win Game 6 and then we are going to take Game 7. :ihit If Im wrong, I wont post here again until opening tip next season. The fans here need to pull it together and get behind the team for Game 6, Tim and Manu deserve better than this defeatist bitchfest. Did the Clippers fucking quit when they lost Game 5 to us last season? Are we not better than the fucking Clippers? Have some faith, this is far from over :ihit

Budkin
05-11-2016, 06:28 PM
The problem is that it's all too predictable. We've seen the exact same thing before over and over.

BillMc
05-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Going through these forums it seems like we already lost game 6 from how most of you all are acting. Stop being a bunch of defeatist pussies. Yes, the odds are long, the refs are dirty, and we havent played to our capabilities except in Game 1. But like any sporting event, its not over till its over. Most people are predicting a blowout, thats not gonna fucking happen, this team knows what is on the line and I guaran-fucking-tee they arent gonna go down without one hell of a fight. We are going to win Game 6 and then we are going to take Game 7. :ihit If Im wrong, I wont post here again until opening tip next season. The fans here need to pull it together and get behind the team for Game 6, Tim and Manu deserve better than this defeatist bitchfest. Did the Clippers fucking quit when they lost Game 5 to us last season? Are we not better than the fucking Clippers? Have some faith, this is far from over :ihit

:bobo

apalisoc_9
05-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Not like pops ego is going to change afyer one game.

Russ
05-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Not like pops ego is going to change afyer one game.

Unfortunately, egos seem to be incorrigible.

Darius Bieber
05-11-2016, 08:27 PM

Gonna be a sad day to no longer see you around here when the Spurs lose Game 6..

Obi Juan Kenobi
05-11-2016, 08:30 PM
I've got a final tomorrow night so I won't be able to watch it but I'll be hoping for the best but be realistic at the same time...

cascaders
05-11-2016, 08:36 PM
The problem is that it's all too predictable. We've seen the exact same thing before over and over.

BillMc
05-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Gonna be a sad day to no longer see you around here when the Spurs lose Game 6..

They may win it yet. You might root for your team.

TampaDude
05-11-2016, 08:56 PM

^ this

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results each time is the very definition of insanity.

Warriors = 2016 NBA Champions

hooperflash
05-11-2016, 08:57 PM
I find myself more confident after a loss nowadays.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-11-2016, 09:41 PM
I find myself more confident after a loss nowadays.

The players seem ready for the challenge and I think they will respond

spurtech09
05-11-2016, 09:41 PM
Spurs are winning game 6.....:)

sananspursfan21
05-11-2016, 09:46 PM
Know what? I'm with ya. I was a defeatist pussy last night, as you so eloquently stated. But screw it, they're capable if they don't all have the same attitude we do. Problem is, I think Diaw, West and Kyle wanna go fishing...

dualmax
05-11-2016, 09:52 PM
This forum should change its name to Spermforum so they can hang around pussies all day.
Real Spurs fans know this is going 7.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-11-2016, 10:32 PM
Know what? I'm with ya. I was a defeatist pussy last night, as you so eloquently stated. But screw it, they're capable if they don't all have the same attitude we do. Problem is, I think Diaw, West and Kyle wanna go fishing...

Lol, this dude wants to win the most of everyone

Nbadan
05-11-2016, 10:37 PM
bandwagon spur fans need to be called out if the Spurs manage to pull a win tomorrow night...

EIC
05-11-2016, 10:47 PM
^ this

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results each time is the very definition of insanity.

Warriors = 2016 NBA Champions

I am still hoping the Cavs can pull it out. I feel like the J.R. Smith and the thuggish, ruggish bones on Cleveland are going to rough up Curry and the Pussycats. The Warriors haven't played a punishing team in the 2015 or 2016 playoffs other than the Cavs last year, and the Cavs had them on the ropes. We'll see what happens now that LeBron has Irving and Love this time.

heyheymymy
05-11-2016, 11:04 PM
Saw a thread on reddit already comparing gsw and okc. And TNT was talking about the bigs matchup between gsw and okc. It's like these guys haven't watched the spurs at all because you know you can never count them out.

Im here like I've always been. I'm not scared. This series is being prolonged and that's the real thing we should be worried about. Hopefully the powers that be like the spurs narrative better and are just trying to juice the second round a little more with a 7game classic. otherwise it's going to be 2012 all over again.

TDomination
05-11-2016, 11:11 PM
When all hope is lost, it seems easier to watch. Cause if your not expecting anything, then seeing them lose was just fulfilling what you already knew. But then if they win, you get an awesome surprise and will be emotionally sucked in yet again and will be extremely anxious during game 7.

But with that said I really hope the Spurs find a way to win! That would just be so awesome! I don't want this season to end. They are too good to go out like this

Mikeanaro
05-11-2016, 11:11 PM
Spurs have been fucked twice at home and you expect them to win the series? what part of the refjob you dont understand?

TXstbobcat
05-11-2016, 11:12 PM
The Spurs are going to win game six and force a game seven.

NameLess Scrub
05-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Guys, please stop telling you won't post if the Spurs lose. Just post whenever you want.

Also, game 6 is already lost. OKC was just a bad matchup. Too many bigs.

And the refs are exactly one of the reasons I was scared of the Thunder.

Maybe the players didn't lack motivation or heart. They just lacked talent or youth to keep games open no matter what.
And maybe they are just broken after those 3 loses. I won't be surprised if Thunder win comfortably.

Just start moving on. Spurs can't. They have to play. But we can shift gradually, watch this last game just in case, say goodbye to Tim/Manu, etc.

Nbadan
05-11-2016, 11:48 PM

No bench..that will be OKC's problem versus GS, should they make it there...for now, that lame bench still outproduced the Spurs bench...

Spurs 4 The Win
05-11-2016, 11:58 PM
Guys, please stop telling you won't post if the Spurs lose. Just post whenever you want.

Maybe the players didn't lack motivation or heart. They just lacked talent or youth to keep games open no matter what.
And maybe they are just broken after those 3 loses. I won't be surprised if Thunder win comfortably.

Just start moving on. Spurs can't. They have to play. But we can shift gradually, watch this last game just in case, say goodbye to Tim/Manu, etc.

Players are gonna come out guns blazing and give it 1000%, too much is on the line for these players to mail it in and go fishing. You will see a desperate wounded animal out there doing everything they can to force a game 7. Believe me on that. We will be physical, we will outhustle them, and we will see a very good performance. The wild card is gonna be the refs and how many BS shots the Thunder hit to keep themselves within striking distance.

Nbadan
05-12-2016, 01:02 AM
Players are gonna come out guns blazing and give it 1000%, too much is on the line for these players to mail it in and go fishing. You will see a desperate wounded animal out there doing everything they can to force a game 7. Believe me on that. We will be physical, we will outhustle them, and we will see a very good performance. The wild card is gonna be the refs and how many BS shots the Thunder hit to keep themselves within striking distance.

That is the kinda effort that gets the calls too.....Spurs need to step it up, Pop needs to step it up......

UNT Eagles 2016
05-12-2016, 03:57 AM
Are we not better than the fucking Clippers? Have some faith

http://i.imgur.com/EMJbfGI.gif

05-12-2016, 04:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EMJbfGI.gifyoure back lol

UNT Eagles 2016
05-12-2016, 04:07 AM
youre back lol
Never going back to UNT campus again, thank heavens I'm done with that shithole. Now I can make a mock UNT in Sim City and run tornadoes through it as should have been the case all along. Tbh.

Skoobz
05-12-2016, 04:10 AM
Fucking BELIEVE already y'all who are cliff jumping suicide contemplating so called Spurs fans.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-12-2016, 04:17 AM
Fucking BELIEVE already y'all who are cliff jumping suicide contemplating so called Spurs fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxFgXse5oo

The last time we were in this very scenario... I remember this game as if it was only yesterday. One of the most memorable and defining moments in franchise history along with what happened one year later.

cutewizard
05-12-2016, 04:24 AM
If David Robinson would still be playing for the Spurs.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY

and he performed this again, wow!

question is: Can Kawhi do something like this???

Skoobz
05-12-2016, 04:24 AM

The last time we were in this very scenario... I remember this game as if it was only yesterday. One of the most memorable and defining moments in franchise history along with what happened one year later.

my friend I hear you. BUT you are quoting the past. In the future anything is possible. That being said its not over till the large lady sings. I still believe.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-12-2016, 04:27 AM
my friend I hear you. BUT you are quoting the past. In the future anything is possible. That being said its not over till the large lady sings. I still believe.

Well, the Thunderefs are better now because they only have 1 inefficient chucker instead of 2. And the Big 3 are far worse... all 3 of them, especially Duncan and Tissot. Leonard is better, but West is worse than Shitter, and Green is having the same rookie jitters of old. We don't have Jackson to spark us and fight for the troops, Diaw has really gone down the drain as well, and Mills has shot worse than Neal ever did here. Net negatives across the board.

05-12-2016, 04:33 AM
Never going back to UNT campus again, thank heavens I'm done with that shithole. Now I can make a mock UNT in Sim City and run tornadoes through it as should have been the case all along. Tbh.
Lol Congrats on graduation man.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-12-2016, 04:36 AM
Lol Congrats on graduation man.

Thanks bro, I didn't even walk the stage though lol... eff that touchy feely ceremony BS when I already did that in a better venue (Alamodome) in HS.

BillMc
05-12-2016, 04:37 AM
I still believe.

NameLess Scrub
05-12-2016, 06:22 AM

Say they come fighting better than they did before and are not outmatched by the physical superiority of the Thunder, which can easily make up for any hustling.

Then we have a close game and it's thunderref time, 2min report time.

I can only see this team winning by getting hot shooting like in game 1. LaMarcus probably can't even remember those first 2 games since he was so unconsciously shooting :lol

NameLess Scrub
05-12-2016, 06:32 AM

That video has some calls that could be considered 50/50. That Manu foul on Harden looks like a moving screen from almost all angles.
That said, not getting 50/50 calls is also annoying, and that FT shooting stretch.. wow.

Sadly the refs, if not on purpose, are too influenced by flopping and whatever the stars do. Calling a game on real time is very hard, but with some experience and film it should be easier to spot these tendencies. They seem to do it already with some players.

That was an elimination game in the playoffs, how does a team gets to the FT line that much and how do they call that foul on Parker without seeing actual contact? Same thing this year in game 5. They blow the whistle just because Westbrook falls down?

Also the comment in the video at the end is wrong. Few people will remember that series for the refs. Only spurs fans and some people in the media. Most people will just think OKC was a better team and conclude spurs fans are just bitter and sore losers.

dg7md
05-12-2016, 06:36 AM
We've been through this too many times before, guys. It's over.

Remember all of the other times we were behind in series? Yeah. Didn't go that well. The New Orleans series was a fluke and it didn't end up meaning anything in the end...

dg7md
05-12-2016, 06:38 AM
bandwagon spur fans need to be called out if the Spurs manage to pull a win tomorrow night...

I'll chow down on the crow and prepare it for a massive feast if they prove me wrong, but I don't think it ends with a win tomorrow — it ends after we win two more straight.

Most of us who are cynical aren't bandwagoners, in fact, we are people who have endured so many crushing playoff losses when things looked so great in the rear view.

Skoobz
05-12-2016, 07:22 AM
That video has some calls that could be considered 50/50. That Manu foul on Harden looks like a moving screen from almost all angles.
That said, not getting 50/50 calls is also annoying, and that FT shooting stretch.. wow.

Sadly the refs, if not on purpose, are too influenced by flopping and whatever the stars do. Calling a game on real time is very hard, but with some experience and film it should be easier to spot these tendencies. They seem to do it already with some players.

That was an elimination game in the playoffs, how does a team gets to the FT line that much and how do they call that foul on Parker without seeing actual contact? Same thing this year in game 5. They blow the whistle just because Westbrook falls down?

Also the comment in the video at the end is wrong. Few people will remember that series for the refs. Only spurs fans and some people in the media. Most people will just think OKC was a better team and conclude spurs fans are just bitter and sore losers.

That is a very insightful analysis :tu

every single call listed in that video was incorrect and that Manu foul on harden was without a doubt a moving screen. I refereed in minors here in Aus for quite a few years and I would've called that on any day of the week (no spurs fan bias).

the sad thing is that these same calls have happened continually over the years which have cost the Spurs dearly (see fisher 0.4, waiters inbound offence foul push on ginobilli etc etc etc)

It is simply down right ridiculous.

Gervin44Silas13
05-12-2016, 09:08 AM

No shit fuck this shit I'm playing Walking Dead on my PS3....too many busted veins for a fucken team that won't show up....and a coach who still puts a shitty line up

NameLess Scrub
05-12-2016, 09:14 AM
No shit fuck this shit I'm playing Walking Dead on my PS3....too many busted veins for a fucken team that won't show up....and a coach who still puts a shitty line up

Sounds good. Just don't play NBA 2K. Pop might pull a Diaw/West line up and torture you there too.

Gervin44Silas13
05-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Sounds good. Just don't play NBA 2K. Pop might pull a Diaw/West line up and torture you there too.

LMAO Good one!!!!:bobo

Spurs 4 The Win
05-12-2016, 05:07 PM

Yes, you are right, but this team is capable of a performance that will take the refs out of the equation. Lets just hope they can put that game together. We havent seen this team all year with their backs against the wall, lets see what they got.