PDA

View Full Version : BAD REFS NEED TO BE SPANKED

ducks
05-11-2016, 06:59 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nba-admits-to-two-more-crucial-blown-calls-in-spurs-thunder-series-212350805.htmlhttp://www.disabilitypride.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/12-in-wood-paddle-holes-P511.jpg

ducks
05-11-2016, 07:00 PM
For those of you counting at home, Oklahoma City's final five points of the evening all came from misguided whistles, bringing the grand total of blown calls in Games 2 and 5 to seven. Not a good look.

cd98
05-11-2016, 07:13 PM
Yes NBA needs to stop admitting that it's refs are giving OKC these games. Even Pop is starting to complain. It's better when league is stealth about letting refs dictate outcome of game.

DMC
05-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Treat it like entertainment.

LakerHater
05-11-2016, 07:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/15511570/nba-2-incorrect-non-calls-end-spurs-thunder-game-5?sf26118822=1

TampaDude
05-11-2016, 08:27 PM
WWENBA

Snaq O'Meal
05-11-2016, 08:31 PM

National Basketball Entertainment tbh.

Snaq O'Meal
05-11-2016, 08:37 PM
For those of you counting at home, Oklahoma City's final five points of the evening all came from misguided whistles, bringing the grand total of blown calls in Games 2 and 5 to seven. Not a good look.

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

All game long, the Spurs were shafted by the refs. 5-on-8 basketball saps a lot of energy from the disadvantaged team and leaves them gassed in the final quarter. The poor execution in crunch time is no coincidence. If you total up all the bad calls and non-calls for each team, suddenly "conspiracy theories" may have a strong basis after all.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-11-2016, 08:39 PM
That's just the tip of the iceberg.

All game long, the Spurs were shafted by the refs. 5-on-8 basketball saps a lot of energy from the disadvantaged team and leaves them gassed in the final quarter. The poor execution in crunch time is no coincidence. If you total up all the bad calls and non-calls for each team, suddenly "conspiracy theories" may have a strong basis after all.

I was at the game. Crowd was rocking then the bad calls would come and just suck the energy right out of the building. Then we would make another big play and the crowd would get going again and then like clockwork another shitty call against us... Just kills the crowd and team energy when shit like that happens over and fucking over

TampaDude
05-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Not saying there actually is a conspiracy, but...

1. The Finals matchup that most casual fans (who account for most of the NBA's annual revenue) want to see is Warriors vs. Cavaliers, AKA Steph vs. LeBron. Nothing bigger than the sport's two biggest superstars going head to head (again) for all the marbles.
2. The Spurs would be more of a threat to derailing the Warriors' title run in the WCF than the Thunder would be.
3. Do the math.

BillMc
05-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Not saying there actually is a conspiracy, but...

1. The Finals matchup that most casual fans (who account for most of the NBA's annual revenue) want to see is Warriors vs. Cavaliers, AKA Steph vs. LeBron. Nothing bigger than the sport's two biggest superstars going head to head (again) for all the marbles.
2. The Spurs would be more of a threat to derailing the Warriors' title run in the WCF than the Thunder would be.
3. Do the math.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Tim-Duncan-math-joke-shirt.jpg

Russo21
05-11-2016, 08:49 PM
That's crazy that the league has admitted mistakes by the refs in 2 of our losses this series. Not a good look for the NBA. After missing mistakes in 2 games what happens if the Thunder go on to win the title? Do they get asterixed for making the finals when they shouldn't have? The league admitted calls in 2 of their wins were bullshit so it's not a good look for the NBA.

BTW The Spurs kinda blew both games anyway and they never should have been so close to get the refs involved.

Snaq O'Meal
05-11-2016, 08:53 PM
BTW The Spurs kinda blew both games anyway and they never should have been so close to get the refs involved.

The Spurs did pull away on occasion, but quick dubious whistles allowed the Thunder to trim those leads.

dbestpro
05-11-2016, 09:46 PM
Funny how the Spurs have been getting bad calls and the NBA admits it like its no big deal.

GSH
05-11-2016, 09:47 PM
The Spurs did pull away on occasion, but quick dubious whistles allowed the Thunder to trim those leads.

At about the 5:20 mark of the fourth, Danny knocked down a 3-pointer to give the Spurs a 5-point lead. Then Kawhi got a steal, and he and Danny had a 2-on-1 break to take it to 7. The ref just blew a mystery whistle, and instead of an easy bucket, the Thunder scored and it was a 3-point lead instead of 7. I re-wound and watched it about five times. No fucking foul. Just a momentum-stopper.

spurtech09
05-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Well what can you do....

Buddy Mignon
05-11-2016, 10:03 PM

:downspin:

rastaspur
05-11-2016, 10:08 PM
It's becoming reality TV bad. Mine as well bring flava flav out to ref game 6. It's becoming a joke so why not.

Snaq O'Meal
05-11-2016, 10:12 PM
At about the 5:20 mark of the fourth, Danny knocked down a 3-pointer to give the Spurs a 5-point lead. Then Kawhi got a steal, and he and Danny had a 2-on-1 break to take it to 7. The ref just blew a mystery whistle, and instead of an easy bucket, the Thunder scored and it was a 3-point lead instead of 7. I re-wound and watched it about five times. No fucking foul. Just a momentum-stopper.

Shit like that happens all game but won't be picked up in those useless 2 minute reports.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-11-2016, 10:35 PM

This was the play that bothered me the most last night, we were about to run them out of the gym and the crowd was going wild and then... bullshit call

KenziE
05-11-2016, 10:44 PM
Funny how the Spurs have been getting bad calls and the NBA admits it like its no big deal.

No big deal sometimes being TOO CLASSY will bite you in the ass bigtime !!! And the classy organization that the Spurs is will finish last this time yet again its frustrating and sad ...

its one thing to be classy in defeat or what not but pls for the love of God when its that obvious you just have to call it for what it is ... That is why the Spurs doesnt get no respects from the refs coz they know they aint doin shit about it TBH ...

GSH
05-11-2016, 11:13 PM
This was the play that bothered me the most last night, we were about to run them out of the gym and the crowd was going wild and then... bullshit call

Yep. The steal/deflection by Kawhi had already happened. The ref called that foul on Danny, and Danny was nowhere near a foul. He questioned it, and the ref confirmed it was on him. Absolute phantom call, but just what the Thunder needed.

All through the game thread, I had been telling people that the "Spurs got this". That phantom call was the moment I knew that they were going to lose. That was a statement call. They were still up 5, but I knew that OKC was going to get whatever help they needed to put them over the top. Say what you want, but that's exactly how it worked out.

KenziE
05-11-2016, 11:25 PM
Yep. The steal/deflection by Kawhi had already happened. The ref called that foul on Danny, and Danny was nowhere near a foul. He questioned it, and the ref confirmed it was on him. Absolute phantom call, but just what the Thunder needed.

All through the game thread, I had been telling people that the "Spurs got this". That phantom call was the moment I knew that they were going to lose. That was a statement call. They were still up 5, but I knew that OKC was going to get whatever help they needed to put them over the top. Say what you want, but that's exactly how it worked out.

THIS

KenziE
05-11-2016, 11:33 PM

Winning Game 6 really is gonna be hard doubly hard with the refs helping okc but what can one do really ?

Spurs 4 The Win
05-11-2016, 11:37 PM

Yeah, me too, I got a really bad feeling of impending doom after that play. I knew we were gonna lose and the refs were gonna put it to us.

Nbadan
05-11-2016, 11:42 PM

Fair or not, in the NBA the team showing the most energy on the floor usually gets the calls...bottom-line OKC is playing up to their level, while the Spurs are playing down to there...

spurs10
05-11-2016, 11:42 PM

All through the game thread, I had been telling people that the "Spurs got this". That phantom call was the moment I knew that they were going to lose. That was a statement call. They were still up 5, but I knew that OKC was going to get whatever help they needed to put them over the top. Say what you want, but that's exactly how it worked out. Sounds right. What is even more disturbing is the ones they admitted to getting wrong changed the outcome of the game. How does that bode for the end of a 5 time champion's legacy. It's disgraceful. They have to win 6 of 7 is what it is. Fortunately I think they can do it.

Go Spurs! One more time!:flag:

05-12-2016, 02:28 AM

THIS. And when people say, "Spurs had their chances!" Well fuck, how many game changing plays can they pull off against a talented team?? Spurs changed the momentum in their favor multiple times that could've put the game out of hand, and the refs gifted it right back to OKC.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-12-2016, 02:31 AM
THIS. And when people say, "Spurs had their chances!" Well fuck, how many game changing plays can they pull off against a talented team?? Spurs changed the momentum in their favor multiple times that could've put the game out of hand, and the refs gifted it right back to OKC.

Exactly, thats why the Spurs had their chances argument always pisses me off. Yeah sure we did, but we are playing another really good team that is getting chance after chance after chance gifted to them. All they have to do is capitalize on one of those gifts and they win, meanwhile we are having to execute at a very high level time after time just to maintain a slight edge. Its fucking bullshit and the only reason we won in 2014 was because that team was so damn good they were able to overcome this and it still took a miracle 3 from Ginobili and Duncan going HAM in OT.

DJR210
05-12-2016, 03:14 AM
National Basketball Entertainment tbh.

:lmao

DeRozan m8
05-12-2016, 03:42 AM
They should be f*cking fired

Too bad they did it on purpose because they were instructed

DeRozan m8
05-12-2016, 03:56 AM
They do deserve that ^

littlecoyotecoin
05-12-2016, 04:14 AM
They should be f*cking fired

Too bad they did it on purpose because they were instructed

I'm sure they weren't instructed. The NBE isn't dumb. But, if you're a good employee, you know what your boss wants to hear.

DeRozan m8
05-12-2016, 05:14 AM
Why did UNT delete his post?lol

Welching on his posting now

UZER
05-12-2016, 08:00 AM
So Draymond can swing his arms while overreacting to a fouls call making contact with an official causing his to bleed, and nothing is called? No tech?

DMC
05-12-2016, 08:41 AM
Sounds right. What is even more disturbing is the ones they admitted to getting wrong changed the outcome of the game. How does that bode for the end of a 5 time champion's legacy. It's disgraceful. They have to win 6 of 7 is what it is. Fortunately I think they can do it.

Go Spurs! One more time!:flag:

Tim isn't a dying kid. He's a NBA player. He did enough to lose the game, so he doesn't deserve to win it just because he's Tim Duncan/Legacy. If you want the win go get it. He didn't, maybe he couldn't. Then he should be on the DNP-injury list.

GSH
05-12-2016, 08:55 AM
Tim isn't a dying kid. He's a NBA player. He did enough to lose the game, so he doesn't deserve to win it just because he's Tim Duncan/Legacy. If you want the win go get it. He didn't, maybe he couldn't. Then he should be on the DNP-injury list.

The Spurs opened up 12/27 shooting, and were still only down by 3. BOTH sides did enough things to lose the game. One got the benefit of a lot more calls. Put both sides in the balance, and it was the refs who tilted the outcome. Could the Spurs have played better? Sure. But all things considered, they did enough to win.

I agree that Tim's past has nothing to do with this season. If he was the player he was last year this time, he would have been enough to put the Spurs over the top. It's sad that he just doesn't seem to have anything left in the tank. But that doesn't change the fact that the Spurs got jobbed.

TheDoctor
05-12-2016, 09:37 AM

And what about that other play when the Spurs were gonna run them out of the gym, the lead was increasing and suddenly the refs called Parker for a phantom foul on a Westbrook flop stopping the momentum, the crowd, plus giving OKC 2fts?

That play confirmed the refs wanted a close game. I mean, Parker was putting heavy pressure but didn't touch him, much less in the face. Not at all. Refs been really bad.

Harry Callahan
05-12-2016, 09:55 AM
The calls throughout the game in games 2, 4, and 5 are what allowed the 2 end of game scenarios.

The Spurs would have certainly won game 5 by double digits without the ticky tack stuff throughout the game putting them in the penalty in almost every quarter of that game. OKC is a disorganized mess but even they are smart enough to oversell contract, push off, and trip people if they can get away with it.

The bench and the declining old guys have not done enough to win this series.

Getting jobbed by the officials is not fun and it's clear the Spurs have gotten the short end of the whistles. And still with just a tiny amount of better execution, this series would be over and the Spurs would be playing Golden State.

I just feel bad for the players and coaching who have done such a fine job for the last seven months with a key roster changes and a very different playing style - they get their season compromised and possibly thrown away by guys who don't seem to be very skilled at officiating. These NBA refs are supposed to be the best out there?

look_at_g_shred
05-12-2016, 10:03 AM
The calls throughout the game in games 2, 4, and 5 are what allowed the 2 end of game scenarios.

The Spurs would have certainly won game 5 by double digits without the ticky tack stuff throughout the game putting them in the penalty in almost every quarter of that game. OKC is a disorganized mess but even they are smart enough to oversell contract, push off, and trip people if they can get away with it.

The bench and the declining old guys have not done enough to win this series.

Getting jobbed by the officials is not fun and it's clear the Spurs have gotten the short end of the whistles. And still with just a tiny amount of better execution, this series would be over and the Spurs would be playing Golden State.

I just feel bad for the players and coaching who have done such a fine job for the last seven months with a key roster changes and a very different playing style - they get their season compromised and possibly thrown away by guys who don't seem to be very skilled at officiating. These NBA refs are supposed to be the best out there?
This! It's one thing to get knocked out by a team who outplays you, and its another thing when the cause is poor officiating. Still, the spurs have had their chances to win despite bad calls. The starters for the most part have come to play every game. Where are true advantage should be is the bench who have been MIA sans game 1.

Snaq O'Meal
05-12-2016, 04:48 PM
This! It's one thing to get knocked out by a team who outplays you, and its another thing when the cause is poor officiating. Still, the spurs have had their chances to win despite bad calls. The starters for the most part have come to play every game. Where are true advantage should be is the bench who have been MIA sans game 1.

Poor officiating affects both teams.

But when only one team gets regularly shafted by momentum-sapping calls at critical moments, it's clearly biased officiating of the match-fixing kind.

UZER
05-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Missing calls is one thing. The officials this series have been blantantly ingnoring obvious calls calls right in front of their face.

DMC
05-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Refs had nothing to do with the Spurs missing shots, blown defensive coverages and lack of rebounding. You folks are claiming the refs make mistakes but act as if the Spurs didn't. The Spurs can only control what they can control, and the officiating isn't one of them. You remind me of someone who believes that the reason they got a speeding ticket is because they were driving a red car, or that they should have taken a different route. They never go the "i shouldn't have been speeding" route.

Harry Callahan
05-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Missing calls is one thing. The officials this series have been blantantly ingnoring obvious calls calls right in front of their face.

Officials missed the Adams trip on D Green and they were on EITHER SIDE of the play. The baseline ref had an absolute clear view of Adams sticking his leg out. Putrid.

I wish OKC would get the shaft tonight on a completely obvious call like the Spurs have had to take.

These games are too tight and competitive to be called like they have been.

I'm afraid the Spurs will play their guts out and get the whistles again to keep the T-refs in the game.

Harry Callahan
05-12-2016, 05:21 PM
Refs had nothing to do with the Spurs missing shots, blown defensive coverages and lack of rebounding. You folks are claiming the refs make mistakes but act as if the Spurs didn't. The Spurs can only control what they can control, and the officiating isn't one of them. You remind me of someone who believes that the reason they got a speeding ticket is because they were driving a red car, or that they should have taken a different route. They never go the "i shouldn't have been speeding" route.

the game 2 and game 5 end of game sequences were brutal. At least acknowledge that. A set play to get an optimum shot was not allowed with the scramble for the ball. Way more contact was allowed in the end of game sequence where an offensive RB was in LMA's hands and his jersey was pulled out of his shirt. No call - end of game.

The Adams trip on Green was so obvious and right in front of the face of the baseline official. Danny Green had no reason to foul Durant and in reality he didn't foul him when he was in fact fouled himself already. Keep in mind Durant shot the ball and three Spurs were in position for the rebound in a TIE game. This stuff effected the outcome big time.

Don't get me started on intentional fouls not being called in an obvious situation like we saw. The refs should have been ready for that and once again missed/ignored it. Then a touch foul is called on LMA that had no effect on the shot. The game is pretty much done at that point when it was a one point game at the inbound. Once again, total failure by the officials and the Spurs are just expected to TAKE THAT?

This team has gotten a raw deal in this series just like in 2012. Pretty much the same situation.

BTW, who is claiming the Spurs didn't make mistakes? The T-Refs make mistakes too - a lot of them. However, being in the penalty on a continual basis has aided the Supersonics A BUNCH