PDA

View Full Version : Tim and Manu needs to die on the battlefield fighting the war (rant)

Mouth is Bleeding
05-12-2016, 10:33 AM
NOT DIE SLEEPING IN THEIR POP-MADE BEDS!

I basically made similar posts in the game thread but I need to further rant and get this out.

Even more than the awful refs or the criminal lack of adjustments from Pop getting our, now among the league-worst, offense going, or cancelling out their physical bigs, what really hurts this series is the lack of impact from Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili.

Especially with retirement drawing closer and closer and it hitting me that this game, this series, could very well be the end for both of them.

It can't end like this and it should not end like this!

I'll never forgive Pop if it ends like this.

One thing is him being stubborn and not adjusting anything, a whole other and more serious issue, we're talking legacy-level, is the overall disrespect shown to Tim and Manu this series.

Both are legendary winners who's sacrifices and leadership have defined what Spurs winning culture and success have been all about.

Meanwhile in this series we're much more like what the Thunder are known and despised for and quite frankly we're playing like losers, worth noting with minimal impact from Tim and Manu.

It doesn't get more disrespectful than that and Pop needs to make things right.

Time is running out quickly.

Then at the same time for the first time ever it is hitting me that seeing Tim and Manu, for the first time both of them, whether you think it's them being neglected or just too old, injured or washed up, impacting playoff games too such minimal extents that we're seeing now, that is something more negative than even losing them for good and I for one definitely never thought that I'd ever want them to retire. But what we're seeing now is both hurtful and distasteful. It's too much negative.

Which brings me to the most frustrating of all:

I STILL think they can do a lot more than this. Their advanced numbers once again are great this season, Manu's in some ways continues to be here in the playoffs and we've seen them play at a high level many times this season.

Way better than players who retire from the NBA.

Players this good still, they don't retire!

Yet it feels like Pop more than anyone is the one very busy retiring them before our very eyes! Et tu Pop? It feels like betrayal and backstabbing and it's Pop wielding the knife.

Following the game 5 loss what I wanted more than anything from this game was Pop making a major go-small adjustment to kick-start our offense that is so bad right now, and it's worth repeating that it would rate among the worst in the league (we're talking Phoenix level!), however if this really is the end of an era then I want Pop to give his greatest winners Tim and Manu a real chance to impact this fucking series and turn things around. :ihit

These old legendary warriors should not die fucking sleeping in their beds but die out on the battlefield fighting trying to win the war.

Even if it's a losing war! Tim and Manu more than anyone deserve the chance to die with their boots on, not this shameful sideline bullshit, and go down fighting!

diego
05-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Agree wholeheartedly, if diaw and Mills were killing I'd understand less minutes for the greater good of the team but considering they are the biggest underperformers pop needs to find more minutes for Tim and manu

Pocho La Pantera
05-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Exactly

SAGirl
05-12-2016, 03:46 PM
I don't know why you blame Pop for the declines of Father time.

spursistan
05-12-2016, 03:56 PM
NOT DIE SLEEPING IN THEIR POP-MADE BEDS!

I basically made similar posts in the game thread but I need to further rant and get this out.

Even more than the awful refs or the criminal lack of adjustments from Pop getting our, now among the league-worst, offense going, or cancelling out their physical bigs, what really hurts this series is the lack of impact from Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili.

Especially with retirement drawing closer and closer and it hitting me that this game, this series, could very well be the end for both of them.

It can't end like this and it should not end like this!

I'll never forgive Pop if it ends like this.

One thing is him being stubborn and not adjusting anything, a whole other and more serious issue, we're talking legacy-level, is the overall disrespect shown to Tim and Manu this series.

Both are legendary winners who's sacrifices and leadership have defined what Spurs winning culture and success have been all about.

Meanwhile in this series we're much more like what the Thunder are known and despised for and quite frankly we're playing like losers, worth noting with minimal impact from Tim and Manu.

It doesn't get more disrespectful than that and Pop needs to make things right.

Time is running out quickly.

Then at the same time for the first time ever it is hitting me that seeing Tim and Manu, for the first time both of them, whether you think it's them being neglected or just too old, injured or washed up, impacting playoff games too such minimal extents that we're seeing now, that is something more negative than even losing them for good and I for one definitely never thought that I'd ever want them to retire. But what we're seeing now is both hurtful and distasteful. It's too much negative.

Which brings me to the most frustrating of all:

I STILL think they can do a lot more than this. Their advanced numbers once again are great this season, Manu's in some ways continues to be here in the playoffs and we've seen them play at a high level many times this season.

Way better than players who retire from the NBA.

Players this good still, they don't retire!

Yet it feels like Pop more than anyone is the one very busy retiring them before our very eyes! Et tu Pop? It feels like betrayal and backstabbing and it's Pop wielding the knife.

Following the game 5 loss what I wanted more than anything from this game was Pop making a major go-small adjustment to kick-start our offense that is so bad right now, and it's worth repeating that it would rate among the worst in the league (we're talking Phoenix level!), however if this really is the end of an era then I want Pop to give his greatest winners Tim and Manu a real chance to impact this fucking series and turn things around. :ihit

These old legendary warriors should not die fucking sleeping in their beds but die out on the battlefield fighting trying to win the war.

Even if it's a losing war! Tim and Manu more than anyone deserve the chance to die with their boots on, not this shameful sideline bullshit, and go down fighting!

Big Empty
05-12-2016, 04:09 PM
Give us what we want pop. Tim & mamu with 32 minutes playing time today