PDA

View Full Version : USA TODAY: Tony Parker has to realize the Spurs aren't his team anymore

JohnnyMax
05-12-2016, 11:33 AM
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/tony-parker-kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-oklahoma-city-thunder

gambit1990
05-12-2016, 11:38 AM
but mvparker is the head of the snake :cry

houston spurs fan
05-12-2016, 11:44 AM
This is on Pop. He has to get the ball in Kawhi's hands when it counts. No more fucking around...And get Mike Conley's agent on the phone....

eDizzle20
05-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Yep. Agree completely. Parker has said all the right things, but his play says otherwise. He still believes he should be the go to guy.

spurs1990
05-12-2016, 11:47 AM
Parker said he wants to play 20 years in the league.

Meaning we have five more seasons to enjoy this guy. :depressed

testies
05-12-2016, 11:49 AM
This would be a good article last year

this year he hasn't been over participative or detrimental at all

that last play last game he gave the ball to aldrige, who refused to post up Kancer on the bonus, gave the ball back to porker at 10 seconds, so he took the open midranger..

LongtimeSpursFan
05-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Parker leads the team in assists and has been taking very few shots in playoffs. Author probably never seen a spurs game before until Tuesday night.

littlecoyotecoin
05-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Yep. Agree completely. Parker has said all the right things, but his play says otherwise. He still believes he should be the go to guy.

It would help if Kawhi would stop passing back to him with 5 seconds on the shot clock because Kawhi isn't a creator, and often finds himself with the ball in one hand and the thumb on his other hand stuck up his ass. PArker missed shots and opportunities, but he gave the ball up on at least on of those, and The New Face Of The Franchise didn't want to have anything to do with trying to win the game for us. Hot potato...take the ball back please.

gambit1990
05-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Parker leads the team in assists and has been taking very few shots in playoffs. Author probably never seen a spurs game before until Tuesday night.
well he's the starting pg so it's the least he could do :lol only averaging 5.6 in the 2016 playoffs so far.

hater
05-12-2016, 11:53 AM
Like Westbrook has to be himself. Parker has to be himself.

Forget the media, magazines and newspapers. Go do your thing Tony.

Good thing Parker is smart enough not to listen to this rubbish. He will be himself.

DarrinS
05-12-2016, 11:56 AM
04:00
[SAS 88-82] Leonard Running Dunk Shot: Made (26 PTS)

Westbrook Pullup Jump shot: Made (30 PTS) 03:35
[OKC 84-88]

03:09 Parker 3pt Shot: Missed Block: Durant (1 BLK)
Adams Rebound (Off:4 Def:6) 03:08
Westbrook Driving Layup Shot: Made (32 PTS) 03:01
[OKC 86-88]

02:39 Aldridge Jump Shot: Missed
Adams Rebound (Off:4 Def:7) 02:39

Team Timeout : Regular 02:39

Westbrook Jump Shot: Missed 02:24
Westbrook Rebound (Off:4 Def:6) 02:23

Kanter Layup Shot: Made (6 PTS) Assist: Westbrook (9 AST) 02:20
[OKC 88-88]

02:02 Duncan Layup Shot: Missed Block: Kanter (3 BLK)
01:59 Aldridge Rebound (Off:3 Def:6)
01:57 Aldridge Jump Shot: Missed

Kanter Rebound (Off:4 Def:8) 01:54
Durant Jump Bank Shot: Missed 01:47
Kanter Rebound (Off:5 Def:8) 01:45
Kanter Tip Layup Shot: Made (8 PTS) 01:45
[OKC 90-88]

01:35
[SAS 90-90] Parker Pullup Jump shot: Made (8 PTS)

Westbrook Turnover : Bad Pass (8 TO) Steal:Green (1 ST) 01:27
01:08 Parker Pullup Jump shot: Missed
Waiters Rebound (Off:0 Def:3) 01:08

00:54.7 Green Foul: Shooting (2 PF) (2 FTA) (M McCutchen)
Durant Free Throw 1 of 2 (22 PTS) 00:54.7
[OKC 91-90]
Durant Free Throw 2 of 2 (23 PTS) 00:54.7
[OKC 92-90]

Adams Foul: Personal (4 PF) (2 FTA) (M McCutchen) 00:43.4
00:43.4
[SAS 91-92] Parker Free Throw 1 of 2 (9 PTS)
00:43.4 Parker Free Throw 2 of 2 Missed

Westbrook Rebound (Off:4 Def:7) 00:42.3
Team Timeout : Short 00:42.3

Durant Turnover : Lost Ball (5 TO) Steal:Green (2 ST) 00:29.9
00:11.3 Parker Pullup Jump shot: Missed

Team Rebound 00:09.3
Team Timeout : Regular 00:09.3

00:09.3 Duncan Substitution replaced by Ginobili
Westbrook Driving Layup Shot: Made (34 PTS) 00:06.3
[OKC 94-91]

00:06.3 Aldridge Foul: Shooting (3 PF) (1 FTA) (J Phillips)
Westbrook Free Throw 1 of 1 (35 PTS) 00:06.3
[OKC 95-91]

00:06.3 Team Timeout : Regular
00:06.3 Ginobili Substitution replaced by Duncan
Kanter Substitution replaced by Roberson 00:06.3

00:02.9 Leonard 3pt Shot: Missed
00:01.3 Parker Rebound (Off:1 Def:3)
00:00.4 Green 3pt Shot: Missed
00:00.0 Team Rebound

END OF 4TH QUARTER

BillMc
05-12-2016, 12:01 PM
This would be a good article last year

this year he hasn't been over participative or detrimental at all

that last play last game he gave the ball to aldrige, who refused to post up Kancer on the bonus, gave the ball back to porker at 10 seconds, so he took the open midranger..

These.

Budkin
05-12-2016, 12:02 PM
Kawhi needs to be taking the clutch shots now. It's his time.

bklynspursfan
05-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Already said it a few times in diff threads, but on that last meaningful play at least, there wasn't much time. OKC denied Leonard the ball, so Parker got a pretty good look at a shot he's made a living off of.

Considering Parker has been hitting shots the last few games, I don't think it's that bad. The only other thing that could've happened is once Lamarcus saw Kawhi couldn't get free, maybe back down Kanter instead of going out to the 3 point line, in no mans land. But he was so off that game, maybe he didn't want the shot.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-12-2016, 12:17 PM
Already said it a few times in diff threads, but on that last meaningful play at least, there wasn't much time. OKC denied Leonard the ball, so Parker got a pretty good look at a shot he's made a living off of.

Considering Parker has been hitting shots the last few games, I don't think it's that bad. The only other thing that could've happened is once Lamarcus saw Kawhi couldn't get free, maybe back down Kanter instead of going out to the 3 point line, in no mans land. But he was so off that game, maybe he didn't want the shot.

Great post. Some other poster posted a printout of each play indicating Parker taking the shot but that particularly play show how the spurs tried to run a two plays for Kawhi and neither worked. Parker was forced to take the shot. BTW. Parkers shot wasn't a bad look either. Just didn't go in.

quentin_compson
05-12-2016, 12:35 PM
I don't know, it's not like Parker took 20 shots. And as others have already pointed out, on the last possession, he tried to set up a play that would or could have led to a shot for either Aldridge or Kawhi. It didn't work out, so he took the shot himself. It was a decent enough look, I just wish that the Spurs in general would be sharper and quicker in getting into their plays. Too often the shot clock is down to 10 seconds before they have done anything promising with the possession.

J_Paco
05-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Great post. Some other poster posted a printout of each play indicating Parker taking the shot but that particularly play show how the spurs tried to run a two plays for Kawhi and neither worked. Parker was forced to take the shot. BTW. Parkers shot wasn't a bad look either. Just didn't go in.

No, no, no, we must stick with the narrative that Parker is to blame. Gotta put up the play-by-play with no context of shot clock, players on the floor, et cetera to help emphasis that he lost the game!

Parker is to blame for everything wrong with the Spurs, not Timmy/Manu being too old, David West being too small or Kyle Anderson being too shitty. Nope, not any of those things because it's all Parker's fault.

testies
05-12-2016, 12:43 PM

What a pathetic video :lol

So Russ didn't fuck up on defense by allowing a wide open layup and its supposed to be an amazing play?

bklynspursfan
05-12-2016, 01:05 PM
What a pathetic video :lol

So Russ didn't fuck up on defense by allowing a wide open layup and its supposed to be an amazing play?

He's known to ball-watch so I guess by his standards it is lol.. I mean, remember this? (watch Westbrook)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqlZ-55Z6OM

I haven't seen the Spurs run that with LMA yet, so it was interesting. It's usually Timmy throwing it to Manu on the back cut.

DenialTwist
05-12-2016, 01:16 PM
OKC wants Parker to be a scorer rather than a facilitator. Look at every game besides game 1. He was scoring more and it benefited the Thunder because he wasn't breaking down the defense or driving and kicking out to Danny or Kawhi.

PopTheGOAT
05-12-2016, 02:03 PM

When Aldridge got the ball, Parker sets a screen on WB, Kawhi pops to the 3pt line and gets the ball. Not rocket science

Clipper Nation
05-12-2016, 02:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8TIXPyn.jpg

bklynspursfan
05-12-2016, 02:11 PM
When Aldridge got the ball, Parker sets a screen on WB, Kawhi pops to the 3pt line and gets the ball. Not rocket science

Durant was Guarding Parker.... Probably for that reason, so he could switch off if that happened. You can tell the backup plan was a screen by Duncan to get Adams on Parker, as he immediately runs over when the play falls apart.

You can say it's not rocket science, but I would bet OKC would have switched and had Durant switch to Kawhi. So I don't see how he could've gotten a better shot than Parker did, creating space against Adams like he did. Kawhi again in the 4th, seemed tired.

Mnky
05-12-2016, 02:12 PM
That shot was a contested 2 pter. The shot OKC wanted over everything else. There was no second denial by russ. Kawhi was coming out top, and Parker faked the pass to him and took off, he knew what he wanted to do before the play ever developed. This is why he does very little for long stretches of time on offense. He has little developmental skills or patience.

Kawhi should have got that ball, LMA set him up twice to get it. Everyone knew it should go to Kawhi, even Parker. When you're purposely going against the gameplan foe your own wishes, you're detrimental to the team. A pg like that has never been successful. Only play making pgs have been, or playing next to a play making sg. Time to replace him, if you want to keep the team chemistry right. You can't expect your superstars to be humble and enforce a team mindset when your player past his prime won't let go.

Kawhi should have been more vocal about it as well. He needs to tell Tony his place tbh. If he can't, he isn't ready to lead. We will see what Kawhi made of tonight. I expect a strong game.

apalisoc_9
05-12-2016, 02:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8TIXPyn.jpg

PopTheGOAT
05-12-2016, 02:26 PM
Durant was Guarding Parker.... Probably for that reason, so he could switch off if that happened. You can tell the backup plan was a screen by Duncan to get Adams on Parker, as he immediately runs over when the play falls apart.

You can say it's not rocket science, but I would bet OKC would have switched and had Durant switch to Kawhi. So I don't see how he could've gotten a better shot than Parker did, creating space against Adams like he did. Kawhi again in the 4th, seemed tired.
They definitely would have switched, but my point is Kawhi would've had the ball

look_at_g_shred
05-12-2016, 02:28 PM
why didn't the spurs run that backdoor play with Tim/Tony ?

gambit1990
05-12-2016, 02:30 PM
teams that play the spurs want parker dominating the ball because that keeps it outta the hands of our two best players.

part of the reason i want him coming off the bench. as a scorer.

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 02:32 PM
It would help if Kawhi would stop passing back to him with 5 seconds on the shot clock because Kawhi isn't a creator, and often finds himself with the ball in one hand and the thumb on his other hand stuck up his ass. PArker missed shots and opportunities, but he gave the ball up on at least one of those, and The New Face Of The Franchise didn't want to have anything to do with trying to win the game for us. Hot potato...take the ball back please.

That was a bad angle for Kawhi and he thought he shouldn't force the play. He was wrong.

The Spurs need him to force things instead of Parker, at least if Kawhi misses the shot, it's a learning process for him in those game-late situations.

But it was just one play.

What happened with Parker in the whole 4th quarter? OKC didn't deny Kawhi the ball during 12 minutes...Why Parker can't keep Kawhi going? Why Parker can't make plays for him?

bklynspursfan
05-12-2016, 02:41 PM
They definitely would have switched, but my point is Kawhi would've had the ball

I'm going off memory here, but TP had hit a couple shots prior to that right? I know he missed a FT, but I thought he hit a couple big shots prior to that. Kawhi was relatively quiet, idk. I feel like a guy who hasn't shot for most of a quarter getting the last shot is risky business. I think if anything, they should have ran the play through Kawhi. Inbound to him and let him work from the beginning.

Pop obviously had the ball in Parker's hands and wanted him to read the defense, and I think he did a good job of that. I also think he factored in TP had hit a couple mid range shots that quarter as well

bklynspursfan
05-12-2016, 02:42 PM

Agreed :tu

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 02:42 PM
That shot was a contested 2 pter. The shot OKC wanted over everything else. There was no second denial by russ. Kawhi was coming out top, and Parker faked the pass to him and took off, he knew what he wanted to do before the play ever developed. This is why he does very little for long stretches of time on offense. He has little developmental skills or patience.

Kawhi should have got that ball, LMA set him up twice to get it. Everyone knew it should go to Kawhi, even Parker. When you're purposely going against the gameplan foe your own wishes, you're detrimental to the team. A pg like that has never been successful. Only play making pgs have been, or playing next to a play making sg. Time to replace him, if you want to keep the team chemistry right. You can't expect your superstars to be humble and enforce a team mindset when your player past his prime won't let go.

Kawhi should have been more vocal about it as well. He needs to tell Tony his place tbh. If he can't, he isn't ready to lead. We will see what Kawhi made of tonight. I expect a strong game.

Is this really necessary? A player should call other teammate out/put him in his place to get the ball? Kawhi shouldn't have to do it.

A true point guard knows he has to keep his main scorers going, he shouldn't keep the ball away from his scorers, and how to make plays for them

Why a 10 years younger guy has to be vocal to get the ball from the vet point guard? Parker should know what is his job/role.

bklynspursfan
05-12-2016, 02:43 PM
No, no, no, we must stick with the narrative that Parker is to blame. Gotta put up the play-by-play with no context of shot clock, players on the floor, et cetera to help emphasis that he lost the game!

Parker is to blame for everything wrong with the Spurs, not Timmy/Manu being too old, David West being too small or Kyle Anderson being too shitty. Nope, not any of those things because it's all Parker's fault.

It's one of the more annoying things on this site....

bklynspursfan
05-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Is this really necessary? A player should call other teammate out/put him in his place to get the ball? Kawhi shouldn't have to do it.

A true point guard knows he has to keep his main scorers going, he shouldn't keep the ball away from his scorers, and how to make plays for them

Why a 10 years younger guy has to be vocal to get the ball from the vet point guard? Parker should know what is his job/role.

Except, Kawhi wasn't going. Nor was LMA... Neither had it going. Parker had at least hit a couple shots to start. Look at games 1 & 2. He kept feeding those guys cause they had it going. Same with Game 3 with Kawhi.

If neither has it going..... Then what? And the last couple 4th quarters, they've been pretty quiet.

SupremeGuy
05-12-2016, 02:45 PM
USA Today taking a shit on parker :lol

gambit1990
05-12-2016, 02:50 PM
no one in this thread is suggesting parker is responsible for all our team's problems. stop deflecting tbh.

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 02:50 PM
I'm going off memory here, but TP had hit a couple shots prior to that right? I know he missed a FT, but I thought he hit a couple big shots prior to that. Kawhi was relatively quiet, idk. I feel like a guy who hasn't shot for most of a quarter getting the last shot is risky business. I think if anything, they should have ran the play through Kawhi. Inbound to him and let him work from the beginning.

I wonder Kawhi was quiet...Because Parker was taking shots?

Anyway, it's obvious if a player doesn't have the ball in most a quarter, he gets cold.

The issue is Parker/Pop can't have one of the two main scorers of the team without shots in many minutes of the 4th quarter.

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Except, Kawhi wasn't going.

Kawhi made two shots in the last quarter and then for almost 4 minutes, he didn't touch the ball. It's hard to keep going when the team and PG don't look for him in that many minutes.

And again. You really think that Kawhi needs to be vocal to get the ball? His teammtes have to pass him the ball.

Durant is a quiet guy, doesn't ask for the ball, but his teammates know they have to pass him the ball. The same with Thompson, Derozan, any scorer in the league.
They don't need to ask for the ball, their teammates look for them.

gambit1990
05-12-2016, 02:56 PM
for the series, westbrook is averaging 10.4 assists to parker's 5.3. even durant is averaging 5. we could lose parker and let durant play pg for us :lol

bklynspursfan
05-12-2016, 02:57 PM
I wonder Kawhi was quiet...Because Parker was taking shots?

Anyway, it's obvious if a player doesn't have the ball in most a quarter, he gets cold.

The issue is Parker/Pop can't have one of the two main scorers of the team without shots in many minutes of the 4th quarter.

C'mon man. You cant seriously blame Kawhi being quiet in the 4th cause Parker was "taking shots". Let's not forget he's got the toughest task on defense all game, so if he is winded it's not surprising.

He took like 4 shots prior to that last one. I'd hardly call that enough to make Kawhi quiet. Kawhi took 3 or 4 shots, not including that last heave.

PopTheGOAT
05-12-2016, 02:57 PM

Pop obviously had the ball in Parker's hands and wanted him to read the defense, and I think he did a good job of that. I also think he factored in TP had hit a couple mid range shots that quarter as well
I want to start by saying that I'm pretty happy with how Parker has played this series. If he had hit those shots at the end, the narrative would be way different right now.

Parker shot 4-12 and hit one FG in the 4th. The part in bold is the problem. The runner up MVP was not involved in the offense down the stretch. Some may argue this is due to fatigue, but that's not true imo. Kawhi was 12-21, Aldridge wasn't feeling it, so the guy wearing number 2 unquestionably has to have the ball the close the game.

SASdynasty!
05-12-2016, 02:58 PM
well he's the starting pg so it's the least he could do :lol only averaging 5.6 in the 2016 playoffs so far.
Yah which is pretty good when you're only playing 26 minutes a game. That's 7.5 per 36, which is good. Oh, also the next closest guy on our team is averaging 2.6 APG.

05-12-2016, 02:58 PM
Lol Kawhi being denied by a guy five inches shorter than him on the biggest possession on the season.

SASdynasty!
05-12-2016, 03:00 PM
for the series, westbrook is averaging 10.4 assists to parker's 5.3. even durant is averaging 5. we could lose parker and let durant play pg for us :lol
Westbrook is playing 10 more minutes a game and shooting way worse from the field than Parker. No thanks.

SASdynasty!
05-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Lol Kawhi being denied by a guy five inches shorter than him on the biggest possession on the season.
He's not denied...Parker gets these guys the ball all the time down the stretch and somehow finds the ball back in his hands. They need to learn how to get free and create their own shot in crunch time at some point.

bklynspursfan
05-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Kawhi made two shots in the last quarter and then for almost 4 minutes, he didn't touch the ball. It's hard to keep going when the team and PG don't look for him in that many minutes.

And after his 2 shots he hit you're referring to, it went " Parker Miss - Aldridge Miss - Duncan Miss - Aldridge Miss - Parker Make "

And that first miss by Parker was a forced 3 with the shot clock winding down cause Kawhi passed it to him- http://on.nba.com/27hA59z

So he did have the ball after he hit those 2 shots.... I don't get why this site has all this animosity towards it's own players, it's just ridiculous. If you actually look at what happened, you'll see it's not as bad as you're making it in your head.

manu2timdynasty
05-12-2016, 03:02 PM
This article is spot on but, Tony is gonna have a big game.

bklynspursfan
05-12-2016, 03:03 PM
I want to start by saying that I'm pretty happy with how Parker has played this series. If he had hit those shots at the end, the narrative would be way different right now.

Parker shot 4-12 and hit one FG in the 4th. The part in bold is the problem. The runner up MVP was not involved in the offense down the stretch. Some may argue this is due to fatigue, but that's not true imo. Kawhi was 12-21, Aldridge wasn't feeling it, so the guy wearing number 2 unquestionably has to have the ball the close the game.

I think Pop should have drew it up that way then. They've drawn up plays for Kawhi (remember his game winner in Orlando?) They've inbounded him the ball and let him create, but that didn't happen, and those blaming Parker are just crazy. TP didn't draw up that final play.

YGWHI
You cant seriously blame Kawhi being quiet in the 4th cause Parker was "taking shots".
But I can blame Parker because he didn't involve/look/make plays for Kawhi in most last quarter.

look_at_g_shred
Kawhi needs to yell at parker for the ball. No one else's fault but his.

gambit1990
Westbrook is playing 10 more minutes a game and shooting way worse from the field than Parker. No thanks.
if we had westbrook instead of parker we'd be unstoppable.

DarrinS
05-12-2016, 03:06 PM
I don't know we don't run high PnR with Kawhi LMA.

DarrinS
05-12-2016, 03:07 PM
In fairness to TP, he's running what Pop wants. Maybe it's a bit too predictable.

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 03:09 PM
And after his 2 shots he hit you're referring to, it went " Parker Miss - Aldridge Miss - Duncan Miss - Aldridge Miss - Parker Make "

And that first miss by Parker was a forced 3 with the shot clock winding down cause Kawhi passed it to him- http://on.nba.com/27hA59z

So he did have the ball after he hit those 2 shots.... I don't get why this site has all this animosity towards it's own players, it's just ridiculous. If you actually look at what happened, you'll see it's not as bad as you're making it in your head.

Animosity? Take it in facts. Kawhi made two shots. Then in the next 5 possessions (Parker miss- LMA miss-Duncan miss- Aldridge miss-Parker make) he didn't shot the ball.

In one play he passed to Parker, ok. But what happened in the rest of the 4th quarter.

It's normal that one of your main scorers doesn't shot the ball in that many possessions when he was the only of ttose players shooting over .50 FG?

Clipper Nation
05-12-2016, 03:10 PM
Tony Tissot needs to stop being jealous of his own teammates and start passing the ball. No one else's fault but his.

SASdynasty!
05-12-2016, 03:11 PM
why didn't the spurs run that backdoor play with Tim/Tony ?
Because it's Kawhi's team now. We run plays for him and Aldridge. The problem is they pass it back to Parker because they can't create as well. Parker needs to be more ready in those situations to get it back.

Stabula
05-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Parker has been solid fuck you fake fans

look_at_g_shred
pick n pop was money the first two games...what's the deal?

SASdynasty!
Tony Tissot needs to stop being jealous of his own teammates and start passing the ball. No one else's fault but his.
Hey glad to see you back. I couldn't find you after game 3 or 4 for some reason. Not sure if it had to do with Parker having really good games. Probably not.

SASdynasty!
05-12-2016, 03:16 PM
And our FG% would only drop about 10% as a team.

gambit1990
05-12-2016, 03:19 PM
And our FG% would only drop about 10% as a team.
oh, is that what the thunder is shooting? 10%?

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Of course. Also, why just yell?

He should hit Parker in the stomach and take the ball, right?

PopTheGOAT
05-12-2016, 03:22 PM
I think Pop should have drew it up that way then. They've drawn up plays for Kawhi (remember his game winner in Orlando?) They've inbounded him the ball and let him create, but that didn't happen, and those blaming Parker are just crazy. TP didn't draw up that final play.
Yeah I'm sure they did/tried to do what was planned. The plan needs to be to get the guy the ball that gives them the best chance to score. In game 5 and in most situations, that's Kawhi.

Parker is not to be blamed for this series if they lose. That's pretty much all on the bench. Duncan's age and health has limited him tremendously, Diaw hasn't made a impact, West's defense hasn't improved and his mid range shot had disappeared, Patty has been invisible, and the rest haven't even got on the court.

FkLA
05-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Rique gonna Rique tbh

bklynspursfan
05-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Animosity? Take it in facts. Kawhi made two shots. Then in the next 5 possessions (Parker miss- LMA miss-Duncan miss- Aldridge miss-Parker make) he didn't shot the ball.

In one play he passed to Parker, ok. But what happened in the rest of the 4th quarter.

It's normal that one of your main scorers doesn't shot the ball in that many possessions when he was the only of ttose players shooting over .50 FG?

Maybe not you with the animosity, but this forum in general....

But without going to each of those sequences, how do we know Parker is explicitly passing them the ball? I saw several possessions where OKC deserves some credit for their ball denial on Kawhi. He couldn't get free on several occasions.

Just the whole "blame Parker" narrative is a bit annoying and many times way off base. I'll try and watch each sequence that happened in the 4th to see just why Kawhi didn't get the ball. I would bet however he did have the ball and passed cause he didn't want to force anything

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Maybe not you with the animosity, but this forum in general....

But without going to each of those sequences, how do we know Parker is explicitly passing them the ball? I saw several possessions where OKC deserves some credit for their ball denial on Kawhi. He couldn't get free on several occasions.

He's the POINT GUARD. Doesn't matter if the other players don't look for Kawhi, it's Parker who should do it.

And keep him going, make plays for him, put him in good situations to score.

Just the whole "blame Parker" narrative is a bit annoying and many times way off base. I'll try and watch each sequence that happened in the 4th to see just why Kawhi didn't get the ball. I would bet however he did have the ball and passed cause he didn't want to force anything

I've said before that Kawhi doesn't want to force things and he's wrong. After all if he misses the shot is part of a learning process.

Take a bad shot, next time he should know how to turn it in a good shot.

apalisoc_9
05-12-2016, 03:38 PM
Said this like two years ago. :lol

spurtech09
05-12-2016, 03:42 PM
Spurs are good when they share the ball...better ball movement and get everyone involved......

SASdynasty!
05-12-2016, 03:47 PM
The only thing that's unstoppable about Westbrook is his FGAs.

SASdynasty!
05-12-2016, 03:48 PM
oh, is that what the thunder is shooting? 10%?
Not sure if you're understanding, but I'm exaggerating a little. But in reality Westbrook is shooting 36% on high volume.

SASdynasty!
05-12-2016, 03:49 PM
Of course. Also, why just yell?

He should hit Parker in the stomach and take the ball, right?
Neither, all he and Aldridge have to do is not pass it right back to Parker when they get it down the stretch. It's not that difficult actually.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-12-2016, 03:55 PM
If we had Durant instead of Kawhi we'd be unstoppable.

Brazil
05-12-2016, 03:59 PM

In one play he asked TP to bail him out with 3 sec left on the shot clock... that's a bit different from he passed to Parker. At least Parker did not hide the whole fourth quarter like most of the dudes out there.

If kawhi wants the ball and says fuck you to Pop (I hope you don't believe that Parker made plays without his ok tbh), he can do that. this is his team, he doesn't need to yell at Parker or hit him in the stomach but just bring the fucking ball up and do the business. nobody would have said a word about that.

Manu used to do exactly that... when he was feeling it, he was taking the ball and was doing his stuff and btw in those cases everybody was getting out of his way including Parker.

Brazil
05-12-2016, 04:01 PM

this poster is an imbecile tbh... If we had lebron instead of fathead we'd be unstoppable, if we had Curry instead of Parker we'd be unstoppable... duh... no shit sherlock

Kawhitstorm
05-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Kawhi should have been more vocal about it as well. He needs to tell Tony his place tbh.

http://i.imgbox.com/hHooCE9u.gif

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Neither, all he and Aldridge have to do is not pass it right back to Parker when they get it down the stretch. It's not that difficult actually.

In one play he asked TP to bail him out with 3 sec left on the shot clock... that's a bit different from he passed to Parker. At least Parker did not hide the whole fourth quarter like most of the dudes out there.

Again, that was one play.

Kawhi made two shots in the 4th and then in the next 5 possessions he didn't touch the ball. Of course, you'd say, he's deferring but not, he doesn't defer in the whole 12 minutes of a quarter.

You can't explain WHY one of the main scorers in the team is freezed during many minutes.

Or why Parker isn't a true floor general/point guard. After all, he's the guy who should involve Kawhi/make plays for him

If kawhi wants the ball and says fuck you to Pop (I hope you don't believe that Parker made plays without his ok tbh), he can do that. this is his team, he doesn't need to yell at Parker or hit him in the stomach but just bring the fucking ball up and do the business. nobody would have said a word about that.
But WHY Kawhi should ask for the ball? That's so stupid. The team has to give him the ball.

Manu used to do exactly that... when he was feeling it, he was taking the ball and was doing his stuff and btw in those cases everybody was getting out of his way including Parker.
Pop played prime-Tim almost 40mpg, Pop let young Manu take the ball...Pop plays Kawhi 33 mpg and doesn't even call the point guard out for not give him the ball...The things are very different now.

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 04:23 PM

Really? You said the same about Tiago and LMA...And we aren't unstoppable with LMA.

Also, we would have this same thread.

"Damn...the Spurs have one of the scoring champions and Parker doesn't give him the ball in the last 5 minutes of the last quarter"

KL2
05-12-2016, 04:24 PM

The defense would go to shit and Kawhi's overall impact is greater than KD at this point, you don't get to have your cake and eat it too. Kawhi has to guard for 2, his man and Porker's man, if there's a pick and roll Leonard's pretending Parker isn't even there and is guarding both guys at once, it's a must as Parker is the worst defenders in the league you can't rely on him to defend. That happens on every single play, in the post, screen and rolls, wherever they're abusing Parker, it's draining on Leonard and detrimental to the team.

itzsoweezee
05-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Danny already stated the root cause of the problem: okc denies San Antonio it's initial action and then the Spurs offense simply breaks down. The motion offense is supposed to avoid these issues. Not sure what is wrong with these guys.

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 04:28 PM
The defense would go to shit and Kawhi's overall impact is greater than KD at this point, you don't get to have your cake and eat it too. Kawhi has to guard for 2, his man and Porker's man, if there's a pick and roll Leonard's pretending Parker isn't even there and is guarding both guys at once, it's a must as Parker is the worst defenders in the league you can't rely on him to defend. That happens on every single play, in the post, screen and rolls, wherever they're abusing Parker, it's draining on Leonard and detrimental to the team.

Most stats say it, but you can't talk about "impact on a game" with a troll.

Keepin' it real
05-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Tony Parker's reply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONNlmQ98ie4

LongtimeSpursFan
05-12-2016, 04:31 PM

Leonard is guarded by scrub Roberson. Kawhi, the second place MVP, should be eating him alive. Do you think curry or LeBron or Westbrook would allow this scrub to impose his will on them?
And Kawhi is guarding Westbrook. He's scored over his average in 3 of the 5 games.

tmtcsc
05-12-2016, 04:34 PM
TP is a problem, but he's not the biggest. Too much standing around by Boris Diaw and not closing out on shooters, lack of effort to box out Adams, lack of ownership and accountability by people not named Kawhi Leonard and Aldridge.

Aldridge is not doing a great job on the glass but its hardly his forte. He's doing what was expected of him.

Tim Duncan (Injury), Patty Mills (Poor D and shooting) , Boris Diaw (Poor shooting and effort) and Coach Pop (Substitution Brain Farts) are the biggest reasons the Spurs are falling short IMO.

David West was never a rim protector and he's OLD. He can't be expected to perform miracles. The team needs to start gelling. Manu needs more minutes to create opportunities for others.

It will be interesting to see what Pop does with all that is on the line. Will Tim and Manu get extended minutes? Will Martin get minutes if Mills or Green is struggling to score? Will Boban get some minutes to wear down Adams with his size?

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Leonard is shit blah blah blah Westbrook/Durant blah blah

Kawhi 23.4 ppg in 17 FGA in this series

Westbrook 24.6 ppg in 24 FGA

I'd take Kawhi all day over Westbrook

Atl Spur
05-12-2016, 04:43 PM
It's clear as day......Tony needs to step aside!! Not rocket science at all!

littlecoyotecoin
05-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Leonard is guarded by scrub Roberson. Kawhi, the second place MVP, should be eating him alive. Do you think curry or LeBron or Westbrook would allow this scrub to impose his will on them?
And Kawhi is guarding Westbrook. He's scored over his average in 3 of the 5 games.

This. While Kawhi has exceeded all expectations, no one thought he would be 2nd in MVP voting, he just isn't the offensive go to guy that many want him to be, they're trying to make him, and we need him to be. It's a square peg round hole situation.

Brazil
05-12-2016, 05:07 PM
Again, that was one play.

Kawhi made two shots in the 4th and then in the next 5 possessions he didn't touch the ball. Of course, you'd say, he's deferring but not, he doesn't defer in the whole 12 minutes of a quarter.

You can't explain WHY one of the main scorers in the team is freezed during many minutes.

Or why Parker isn't a true floor general/point guard. After all, he's the guy who should involve Kawhi/make plays for him

But WHY Kawhi should ask for the ball? That's so stupid. The team has to give him the ball.

Pop played prime-Tim almost 40mpg, Pop let young Manu take the ball...Pop plays Kawhi 33 mpg and doesn't even call the point guard out for not give him the ball...The things are very different now.

Ya the issue is between he should not need and team has to... wtf dude, discussion is about how to be politically correct or about winning a game of bb? U think Lebron, Kobe, Westchimp, MJ wait their team to feed them or they take over and what the hell they want ? smh

Dude was freezed because he fucking deferred, that's a fact... that's the same shit we give to CP3 all the time.
Offense run through what Pop wanted maybe it is time for Kawhi to really show this is his team.

Pop did not let Manu take the ball, Manu take the ball and do his stuff... Pop said various times, Manu sometimes did what the fuck he wanted. Time to stop considering Kawhi is a dude who needs to be babysitted.

Blaming Parker for losing this game or taking his responsabilities in the fourth where everybody was in hidden mode is uppershit

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Dude was freezed because he fucking deferred, that's a fact... that's the same shit we give to CP3 all the time.
Offense run through what Pop wanted maybe it is time for Kawhi to really show this is his team.

Pop did not let Manu take the ball, Manu take the ball and do his stuff... Pop said various times, Manu sometimes did what the fuck he wanted. Time to stop considering Kawhi is a dude who needs to be babysitted.
:lol

If Kawhi tries to do now what Manu did before, it's likely Pop sits him not just 17 minutes a game but the whole 48. People forget that Kawhi said Pop didn't even allow him to shoot fadeaways until his 3rd season...

Blaming Parker for losing this game or taking his responsabilities in the fourth where everybody was in hidden mode is uppershit
I'm not blaming Parker for the loss. I blame him for not being the floor general/distributor this team need.

DMC
05-12-2016, 05:19 PM
This is on Kawhi. He has to be the man, demand the ball. You cannot be an introverted superstar, at least not on the court. You have to make decisions and force your will even on your own team.

KL2
05-12-2016, 05:25 PM

23ppg on 50% shooting while guarding the team's player and being guarded by the team's best perimeter defender, who's struggling?

Westbrook scored 12 out of his 35 points on Leonard in game 5, 2 spot up 3's, that hailmary 3, and that 3pt play at the end which the nba said shouldn't have counted.

Kawhi's been the best player in the court this series

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 05:31 PM
This is on Kawhi. He has to be the man, demand the ball.

I wonder how many times LeBron has to demand the ball in a game.
The whole team looks for him and give him the ball without any issue, he doesn't need to say a word to get the ball.

If that works for the Cavs, why Kawhi should demand/ask/beg for the ball on the Spurs?

There should be a consensus on Parker/the rest of the guys passing the ball to him.

K...
05-12-2016, 05:40 PM
The Spurs need him to force things instead of Parker, at least if Kawhi misses the shot, it's a learning process for him in those game-late situations.

Look at this disgusting sentence from the first page tbh

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Look at this disgusting sentence from the first page tbh

Of course. Because a young player doesn't need to learn from his mistakes.

Also, the same player fan said in this thread...that young player needs to take bad shots to turn them into good shots/better situations next time.

K...
05-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Of course. Because a young player doesn't need to learn from his mistakes.

Also, the same player fan said in this thread...that young player needs to take bad shots to turn them into good shots/better situations next time.

heelo fucking regular season, hello fucking he gave the ball back to MVParker, hello he's not even young anymore, MVP runner up

J_Paco
05-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Ya the issue is between he should not need and team has to... wtf dude, discussion is about how to be politically correct or about winning a game of bb? U think Lebron, Kobe, Westchimp, MJ wait their team to feed them or they take over and what the hell they want ? smh

It is par for the course on a message board that has taken joy in seeing its team's best PG ever deteriorate.

No point in arguing with them, IMHO.

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 06:10 PM
heelo fucking regular season, hello fucking he gave the ball back to MVParker, hello he's not even young anymore, MVP runner up
:lmao

24 years old. Not young.

Manu was 26 when joined the Spurs and took two/three seasons more to reach his peak.

05-12-2016, 06:45 PM
It's no secret that Parker is a liability in today's NBA. But I don't blame him for those shots. Parker, LMA, and Leonard all had opportunities to score in the late game over the past few games and all had their terrible performances. LMA bricking open jumpers and Leonard awkwardly trying to shoot over Durant.

Rather see a open long 2 by Parker than Leonard trying to shoot a heavily contest shot by Durant. Although one has to wonder why the Spurs need to pick between 2 terrible iso options. What happened to the motion offense? The Spurs are constantly overthinking and passing up good shots for poor ones.

itsamanuthree
05-12-2016, 07:01 PM

With 6 secs on the clock, instead of bricking that shot, Manu would have assisted Duncan, WHO WAS RUNNING UNGUARDED TOWARDS THE BASKET!!!!!

It wasn't even a difficult pass, I said what Manu would've done, but it's more like what any true ball distributor, PG or otherwise, would have done, because it's not even great court vision, it's like automatic, out of the corner of your eye at least, you see that guy open and just do your fucking job.

But no, not Tony. Fuck this shmock... after all this years playing next to such an incredible cast, beautiful game an all... this is what he has learned... pa-the-tic

itsamanuthree
05-12-2016, 07:09 PM
Tony Tunnel Vision Parker

urunobili
05-12-2016, 07:34 PM
What hurts the most is the wasted Danny Green game

Mnky
05-12-2016, 08:02 PM
For those defending Kawhi not demanding the ball, that doesn't happen with lbj, curry, Kobe, etc etc.

therealtruth
05-12-2016, 08:25 PM
This is on Kawhi. He has to be the man, demand the ball. You cannot be an introverted superstar, at least not on the court. You have to make decisions and force your will even on your own team.

He's got to be more of a point-forward. Can't wait for TP to pass it to him. He should be bring the ball up in crunch time. The ball should be in his hands most of that time. The same way Manu used to be the closer.

therealtruth
05-12-2016, 08:28 PM
With 6 secs on the clock, instead of bricking that shot, Manu would have assisted Duncan, WHO WAS RUNNING UNGUARDED TOWARDS THE BASKET!!!!!

It wasn't even a difficult pass, I said what Manu would've done, but it's more like what any true ball distributor, PG or otherwise, would have done, because it's not even great court vision, it's like automatic, out of the corner of your eye at least, you see that guy open and just do your fucking job.

But no, not Tony. Fuck this shmock... after all this years playing next to such an incredible cast, beautiful game an all... this is what he has learned... pa-the-tic

A true playmaker would have got the best shot not what the defense wanted him to get.

therealtruth
05-12-2016, 08:30 PM
TP does this. Who remembers the blown fastbreak on JJ Reddick last year in game 7 or that jumper in game 1 against the Grizz in '11. I am sure there's more.

Clipper Nation
05-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Kawhi shouldn't have to demand the ball from a D-League scrub. The scrub should be giving him the ball and getting the fuck out of the way, no questions asked. Spurfan has dissed Kobe his entire career for being selfish but defend Tony Tissot for the same behavior.

itsamanuthree
05-12-2016, 08:35 PM
A true playmaker would have got the best shot not what the defense wanted him to get.

Errr... well that's my point.