PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Non-Spurs fans, how much joy will you get from all the bitching and drama tonight?

apalisoc_9
05-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Someone should make a list of the best and the best after the thunder win :lol

K...
05-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Someone should make a list of the best and the best after the thunder win :lol

Do you consider yourself in this group? I myself feel like I can opt out at will. Have already done so in fact.

K...
05-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Also real talk...more than half of troll are spur fan so it's bittersweet for them.

Bynumite
05-12-2016, 02:27 PM
It's not a done deal. OKC is still capable of choking the series.

But watching the spurs demise is always enjoyable, especially after so many spurfans called a 4/5 game series :lmao

The cuck being so decrepit and about to retire after choking another 2-1 series lead would be a nice added bonus.

whitemamba
05-12-2016, 02:37 PM
Honestly, I still think Choklahoma will lose this series, I do enjoy spur fan losing their shit though, especially upstairs, its really really funny. I dont dislike the Spur team, just hate the majority of the fan base.

AlexJones
05-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Ambcuck will be gold

whitemamba
05-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Ambcuck will be gold

refs plz

Killakobe81
05-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Honestly, I still think Choklahoma will lose this series, I do enjoy spur fan losing their shit though, especially upstairs, its really really funny. I dont dislike the Spur team, just hate the majority of the fan base.

This x100 ...

Really who can hate Pop, Kiwi Manu or Duncan?

I also do not trust OKC fully ...Spurs are not dead until you bury them bastards ...

Killakobe81
05-12-2016, 03:47 PM
On the other hand ...
the meltdown upstairs is hilarious and glorious

MultiTroll
05-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Hope this helps your party.
http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.Ma9a70b3a026b949c621d4410fbc86cbeo0&w=252&h=164&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Vaseline+Lotion+Coupons&view=detailv2&&id=8EAC3FEF1F54B6337CE1AE1E9FB626D814453B7E&selectedIndex=0&ccid=qacLOgJr&simid=608045126756468790&thid=OIP.Ma9a70b3a026b949c621d4410fbc86cbeo0)

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2016, 04:01 PM
This x100 ...

Really who can hate Pop, Kiwi Manu or Duncan?

I also do not trust OKC fully ...Spurs are not dead until you bury them bastards ...

Lmao fucking proved in game 5 that he wasn't clutch

JamStone
05-12-2016, 04:01 PM
There's always a certain degree of enjoyment anytime people on top fall, especially when those people become somewhat arrogant and pompous about their success. It's not unlike how the fans of those lovable dirtbags of the 2004 Boston Red Sox soon became nearly as bad (maybe more so) as Yankee fans, especially after winning multiple World Series after 2004. And if Golden State goes on a run over the next decade, their fans will become arrogant and annoying as well.

Spurs fans won't want to admit it because they think they're different but their arrogance is not too unlike Lakers fans (or Yankee fans or Patriot fans). Even though they're a small market team that has won multiple championships with team play and defense, that success still has bred a level of obnoxious self-entitlement. Even to the point that even though fans have next to nothing to do with a team winning or losing, they think they're "better" fans because their team has been better. They think they're above the big market superfriends teams because of that. And that's part of their arrogance. They'll dismiss and discredit Kobe and the Lakers or LeBron and Wade in Miami and find ways to make the Spurs success a "better way" of winning.

So in all honesty, sure, it's nice to see people who get full of their own success (or again, not "their" success per se, but the success of the team they root for) get knocked down a to a humble reality. I won't lie. And it especially goes for those fans I'm talking about who think (or at least post) like they're better fans because their team is better.

Stalin
05-12-2016, 04:19 PM
I always enjoy the suffering of others, tbqh. :wakeup

Clipper Nation
05-12-2016, 04:27 PM
I'd say GNSF is more akin to St. Louis Cardinals fans than Lakers or Yankees or Patriots fans, tbh. They provide nothing but corny vanilla takes, and they're so smug and holier-than-thou because their team Plays The Right Way.

DeadlyDynasty
05-12-2016, 04:33 PM
I would love the meltdown too, but I think San Antonio wins the series still. I will say this though, they deserve whatever unfavorable officiating that awaits them after losing 2 very winnable home games.

JamStone
05-12-2016, 04:35 PM
I'd say GNSF is more akin to St. Louis Cardinals fans than Lakers or Yankees or Patriots fans, tbh. They provide nothing but corny vanilla takes, and they're so smug and holier-than-thou because their team Plays The Right Way.

I could agree with that. For clarification, I was making the comparison on a superficial level in that any time a team has longterm championship success, the fans get arrogant and think they're better than other fans. But your comment is more than valid.

baseline bum
05-12-2016, 04:46 PM
There's always a certain degree of enjoyment anytime people on top fall, especially when those people become somewhat arrogant and pompous about their success. It's not unlike how the fans of those lovable dirtbags of the 2004 Boston Red Sox soon became nearly as bad (maybe more so) as Yankee fans, especially after winning multiple World Series after 2004. And if Golden State goes on a run over the next decade, their fans will become arrogant and annoying as well.

Spurs fans won't want to admit it because they think they're different but their arrogance is not too unlike Lakers fans (or Yankee fans or Patriot fans). Even though they're a small market team that has won multiple championships with team play and defense, that success still has bred a level of obnoxious self-entitlement. Even to the point that even though fans have next to nothing to do with a team winning or losing, they think they're "better" fans because their team has been better. They think they're above the big market superfriends teams because of that. And that's part of their arrogance. They'll dismiss and discredit Kobe and the Lakers or LeBron and Wade in Miami and find ways to make the Spurs success a "better way" of winning.

So in all honesty, sure, it's nice to see people who get full of their own success (or again, not "their" success per se, but the success of the team they root for) get knocked down a to a humble reality. I won't lie. And it especially goes for those fans I'm talking about who think (or at least post) like they're better fans because their team is better.

:cry Laker knobslobber :cry

05-12-2016, 04:53 PM
I can't remember, how bad was the meltdown after Chris Paul hit that game/series winner last year?

FromWayDowntown
05-12-2016, 04:56 PM
I'm sure that if and when the Spurs are eliminated -- particularly if its sooner than later -- there will be understandable joy (or schadenfreude) from many non-Spurs fans.

There always is and many Spurs fans have brought that upon themselves by treating the successes of a bunch of extremely talented strangers as their own successes and determinants of their self-worth.

Killakobe81
05-12-2016, 04:57 PM
I could agree with that. For clarification, I was making the comparison on a superficial level in that any time a team has longterm championship success, the fans get arrogant and think they're better than other fans. But your comment is more than valid.

Wow ...good call out CN. I was talking to a cubs fan today that works in our mail-room and he hates that about Cards fans.

I wont lie, I used to buy in to that "we Lakerfan" are better than you mind-set ... but realize it's false.

I will say having intelligent commentators, beat reporters and websites that cover your favorite team helps "educate" a fan-base. an dwhen I was a kid the Lakers had some of teh best coverage in the world. But now with the wealth of info online and advanced metrics any fan anywhere can be just as savvy as any fan in any city or country.

apalisoc_9
05-12-2016, 05:05 PM
I can't remember, how bad was the meltdown after Chris Paul hit that game/series winner last year?

It wasnt that bad. Expectations wasnt as much as this year with all the injury the team was going thourgh last year.

Killakobe81
05-12-2016, 05:10 PM
It wasnt that bad. Expectations wasnt as much as this year with all the injury the team was going thourgh last year.

This. Plus spurfan was still on a high from the year before ...

Buddy Mignon
05-12-2016, 05:17 PM
This is my season. I need this.

The Gemini Method
05-12-2016, 05:43 PM
Not sure if I'll find enjoyment because as a Laker fan, I have no room to talk. I'd rather see my team in the playoffs but we're so far out of contention that I just watch the games for fun. I still, think, that Methlohoma will implode and this thing is going 7.

JohnnyMax
05-12-2016, 06:18 PM
I'm rooting for game 7 so Warriors get more rest.

timtonymanu
05-12-2016, 07:20 PM
They'll still defend Softdridge even if he looks like a soft faggot again

apalisoc_9
05-12-2016, 07:28 PM

Jumping to avoid contact = sfotridge def of rim protection :lmao

K...
05-12-2016, 08:41 PM

He's a nice player. .I don't know who else you think is better. We ain't getting hof quality bigs for awhile.

Koolaid_Man
05-12-2016, 08:43 PM

2 down 1 to go?

RsxPiimp
05-12-2016, 08:57 PM
:lmao season ovah

Koolaid_Man
05-12-2016, 09:17 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Mobile%20Uploads/5376125893222.preview-300_zpswlezomx5.jpg[/QUOTE]

Venti Quattro
05-12-2016, 09:20 PM
:lmao season ovah

http://www.nevadabusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/McDonalds-Logo.jpg