testies
05-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Manu still gets to play in the Paralympics

dbreiden83080
05-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Yeah but what a ride it was..

timtonymanu
05-12-2016, 08:42 PM
They still have rings, tbh. But I really think it's time they go. Pop and Parker too. Spurs need to inject some youth into the team and start a new era with the Leonard and Carmelo Aldridge (lol Harlem).

daslicer
05-12-2016, 08:43 PM
They could have retired after '14 but decided to stay longer so I would say they did this to themselves

BillMc
05-12-2016, 08:45 PM
This reminds me of Jimmy Johnson and Dan Marino's last game. :depressed

myhc
Thank you Timmy and Manu. Unbelievable run.

BillMc
Forced to watch just to see if Duncan and Manu get any sort of ovation.

~O~
05-12-2016, 08:47 PM
No sad ending. Destroyed the fake Miami Heat, Knicks, classy win against the Pistons, kept the lakers from winning other illegitimate championships, destroyed that other team that made it to the finals. Did it all without the leagues help because that's what champions do. Other than that, go Spurs for life. The future is vague now.

Keepin' it real
05-12-2016, 08:47 PM
They could have and should have retired after 5. They came back for the money. Don't feel badly for them.

tmtcsc
05-12-2016, 08:48 PM
I think I'd rather it end this way. They gave EVERYTHING they had left. There are no doubts they left it all on the court. It's time to fix this thing and the Spurs will have plenty of options through free agency and trades. As I mentioned before in another thread, it's time to blow this up. Everyone should be available except the cornerstones - Leonard and LA.

marinoman
05-12-2016, 08:49 PM
What a horrible end

cd98
05-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Well game like this makes it easier to retire.

dbreiden83080
05-12-2016, 08:51 PM
I think I'd rather it end this way. They gave EVERYTHING they had left. There are no doubts they left it all on the court. It's time to fix this thing and the Spurs will have plenty of options through free agency and trades. As I mentioned before in another thread, it's time to blow this up. Everyone should be available except the cornerstones - Leonard and LA.

Fix this thing?? They won 67 this year. People were legit picking them to win it all.. I don't get what happened in this series?

ElNono
05-12-2016, 08:52 PM
It's actually what you would expect to happen when your two best guys over the years finally hit father time...

It's gonna be a while until we recover, tbh....

kuato
05-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Manu still gets to play in the Paralympics

Mmmm, not so sure dude, i don't know if Rio games will be initiated at all

davidbowie
at least you went out fighting on a contender

not like you know who

Mugen
Nobody remembers the endings tbh, the Spurs cheated death for the last 6 years but happens to everybody...

kuato
05-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Fix this thing?? They won 67 this year. People were legit picking them to win it all.. I don't get what happened in this series?

Spurs were overcoached

Beaverfuzz
05-12-2016, 08:55 PM
It is what it is.

Big time changes coming next year, expect 3-4 guys to be gone (who aren't retiring).

Beaverfuzz
05-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Spurs were overcoached

And their weaknesses exposed by an up and coming coach.

K...
05-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Mmmm, not so sure dude, i don't know if Rio games will be initiated at all

Basketball is indoors, I think they'll do it. Or were you referring to the coming civil war between conservatives and liberals?

dbreiden83080
05-12-2016, 08:56 PM
Spurs without Duncan and Manu next year..

Wow!! I mean WOW!!

Keepin' it real
05-12-2016, 08:57 PM

Well, several bad ref calls, including the worst missed call in NBA history in game 2, directly led to two Spurs losses. So, game 6 should never had existed. Spurs should have won 4-1.

But still, one blowout loss to OKC is better than three or four blowouts to GS.

mexicanjunior
05-12-2016, 08:57 PM
at least you went out fighting on a contender

not like you know who

I would rather have the lottery pick tbh...

kuato
05-12-2016, 08:58 PM
Basketball is indoors, I think they'll do it. Or were you referring to the coming civil war between conservatives and liberals?

Indeed, worst than Zika and Denge

Mugen
05-12-2016, 08:58 PM
It's actually what you would expect to happen when your two best guys over the years finally hit father time...

It's gonna be a while until we recover, tbh....

No it won't tbh :lol C'mon Nono

ElNono
05-12-2016, 08:59 PM

Fuck yeah, two hall of famers? you do know Anderson and Bonner are coming back next season, right? :lol

timtonymanu
05-12-2016, 09:00 PM

Duncan and Manu may be done but they really brought a lot to the team. Front office really has their work cut out for them. Now if Rique is the starting PG next season :pctoss

Mugen
05-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Fuck yeah, two hall of famers? you do know Anderson and Bonner are coming back next season, right? :lol

Neither Manu or Timmy have played like HOFers the last 2 seasons.

You don't think the rising cap, player development, and RC can replace their production the last two years? Maybe not right away but it's time to move on and the Spurs will reload soon tbh...

ElNono
05-12-2016, 09:07 PM
Neither Manu or Timmy have played like HOFers the last 2 seasons.

You don't think the rising cap, player development, and RC can replace their production the last two years? Maybe not right away but it's time to move on and the Spurs will reload soon tbh...

I don't think so. Tim was still our defensive anchor even this season. Manu ran the best bench in the NBA for years.

This is what happens when both things break. I don't see it, tbh... I mean, I do hope they reload soon, and I don't expect to hit Laker's rock bottom, but RC will have his work cut out for him.

Don't forget we also have this Pop and Porky for at least another couple seasons...

ElNono
05-12-2016, 09:08 PM
I do still hope both come back next season though... they can do whatever they want at this point, tbh

tmtcsc
05-12-2016, 09:10 PM

I'll give you a quick recap: Tim Duncan's good knee, the one on the leg he didn't have to drag around, wore out. It hampered the defense dramatically. Danny Green and Patty Mills had terrible years offensively and TP's loss of speed marginalized his effectiveness at the PG position.

You are looking at having to replace or upgrade at Center, shooting guard and point guard.

Look at this roster and tell me who you want back. I'm leaving KL and LA off the list and assuming Manu and Tim do not return:

1. Danny Green
2. Patty Mills
3. Kyle Anderson
4. Boban
5. David West
6. Andre Miller
7. Kevin Martin
8. Boris Diaw
9. Matt Bonner
10. Simmons

dbreiden83080
05-12-2016, 09:15 PM
I'll give you a quick recap: Tim Duncan's good knee, the one on the leg he didn't have to drag around, wore out. It hampered the defense dramatically. Danny Green and Patty Mills had terrible years offensively and TP's loss of speed marginalized his effectiveness at the PG position.

You are looking at having to replace or upgrade at Center, shooting guard and point guard.

Look at this roster and tell me who you want back. I'm leaving KL and LA off the list and assuming Manu and Tim do not return:

1. Danny Green
2. Patty Mills
3. Kyle Anderson
4. Boban
5. David West
6. Andre Miller
7. Kevin Martin
8. Boris Diaw
9. Matt Bonner
10. Simmons

I'll take them all except for Bonner and Miller. Bonner has been waving the towel around a few mil for way too long.