PDA

View Full Version : It's a young mans league now

UZER
05-12-2016, 09:55 PM
Enough with the old vets taking all the minutes.*

*Does not include Duncan. That man can do whatever he wants.

lefty
05-12-2016, 09:58 PM
:lol today's NBA
:lol aesthetically pleasing scrubs

ViceCity86
05-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Eh,2 years ago,veteran laiden Spurs team pistol whipped the league.

UZER
05-12-2016, 10:06 PM
Eh,2 years ago,veteran laiden Spurs team pistol whipped the league.

Two years ago is two years ago. I said now.

lefty
05-12-2016, 10:07 PM
It's obvious the Spurs stopped giving a fuck after last year's series vs the Clippers

LOL going out in L.A after gane 7, look at the pics they didn't give a single fuck :lol

ElNono
05-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Meh, it's not about age... Spurs should've won this series, IMO... just bad decisions, poor play and bad shooting... we did it to ourselves, tbh...

davi78239
05-12-2016, 10:09 PM
And we don't need Gasol. Need to get younger .

UZER
05-12-2016, 10:12 PM
Meh, it's not about age... Spurs should've won this series, IMO... just bad decisions, poor play and bad shooting... we did it to ourselves, tbh...

Don't meh this shit. What teams are still in the playoffs? Which one of them is trotting out 6 guys over 34 as the keys pieces to their roster? And that's being generous with Parker the only being 34.

KDKSpurs24
05-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Definitely that. And I really hate to say it but.. some really bad calls/no-calls in critical situations.

But.. I also saw age affecting the team as well.

RD2191
05-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Don't meh this shit. What teams are still in the playoffs? Which one of them is trotting out 6 guys over 34 as the keys pieces to their roster? And that's being generous with Parker the only being 34.

RD2191
05-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Yup. I said it all season. Too young, too fast, too strong.

ElNono
05-12-2016, 10:15 PM

I know what you're saying, but ultimately our alleged top trio of Kawhi/LMA/Danny are 30 or younger... our REALLY young guys like Anderson are not even ready...

Sometimes, you just shit the bed, and we did.

spurtech09
05-12-2016, 10:18 PM
rigged league.....gotta get there ratings some how right?

UZER
05-12-2016, 10:29 PM
I know what you're saying, but ultimately our alleged top trio of Kawhi/LMA/Danny are 30 or younger... our REALLY young guys like Anderson are not even ready...

Sometimes, you just shit the bed, and we did.

That's lame dude. You should be Pop's agent.

Just look at the roster the season. How many old guys this year? Let's see...Duncan (who I excuse because he's a living legend, but even he shouldn't be relied on so much), Manu, Parker, west, Diaw, Bonner, butler, Miller, Martin.

In this series, it was consistently Parker, Manu, Tim, West on the floor playing major minutes, with Diaw playing some as well.

These guys are trying to keep up with KD, WB, Adams, Ibaka, Kanter, Roberson, Waiters. You can't coach energy and youth. These guys got to every most of the lose balls and rebounds the entire series. That's not shitting the bed, that's youth versus age. Yes you need vets, but they shouldn't be the counting on more than a couple for major minutes in a series.

ElNono
05-12-2016, 10:35 PM

Just look at the roster the season. How many old guys this year? Let's see...Duncan (who I excuse because he's a living legend, but even he shouldn't be relied on so much), Manu, Parker, west, Diaw, Bonner, butler, Miller, Martin.

In this series, it was consistently Parker, Manu, Tim, West on the floor playing major minutes, with Diaw playing some as well.

These guys are trying to keep up with KD, WB, Adams, Ibaka, Kanter, Roberson, Waiters. You can't coach energy and youth. These guys got to every most of the lose balls and rebounds the entire series. That's not shitting the bed, that's youth versus age. Yes you need vets, but they shouldn't be the counting on more than a couple for major minutes in a series.

Look, none of those guys went 8-26 or whatever... they're not the guys we're running our offense on, which was absolutely pathetic.

And yeah, completely agree Pop should've gone away from that bench lineup, and especially West in like Game 3... The problem with West against Kanter or Adams is not that he's old, he's a fucking midget.

Like I said, shitty decisions all around, poor shooting, poor play... we shit the bed at home, which you can't do in the playoffs...

therealtruth
05-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Barkley predicted the Thunder bigs would give the Spurs trouble. Pop should have developed Bobo more for this situation. It was the same situation in '11 with Splitter on the bench.

spursmvp
05-13-2016, 04:59 PM
D-wade is 34 and still kicking ass. Even VC put up a hell of a fight in round 1. While tony tissot has regressed into oblivion...

K...
05-13-2016, 05:10 PM
D-wade is 34 and still kicking ass. Even VC put up a hell of a fight in round 1. While tony tissot has regressed into oblivion...

Don't you ever compare the Toronto chokers to the thunder

Clipper Nation
05-13-2016, 05:13 PM
:lol Coach Client

Hoops Czar
05-13-2016, 05:35 PM

If not those guys, just who the hell was Pop suppose to put on the floor? Mills? Martin? Anderson? Diaw? FrankenSpur? You've got to be kidding me!!!! The series was lost in the offseason. There wasn't a single maneuver that Pop could have made that would have changed the outcome of the series. That's why the motion offense was so important to this team. The Spurs can't play Iso against an athletic teams like GSW or OKC and expect to win. You're basically playing right into their hands.

kobyz
05-14-2016, 09:20 AM
Why nobody said those things in regular season? You all trying to find some polite excuses for this failure instead of telling the true that we are once again a pathetic, naive, soft mentally team that break under the pressure...

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2016, 03:18 PM
rigged league.....gotta get there ratings some how right?

:lol Today's NBA
:lol Chucking ISO Ball = ratings
:lol Adam Cuckver got what he wanted

manu2timdynasty
06-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Why nobody said those things in regular season? You all trying to find some polite excuses for this failure instead of telling the true that we are once again a pathetic, naive, soft mentally team that break under the pressure...

Go cry about it ya bitch.

DenialTwist
06-01-2016, 04:41 PM
If the spurs stopped clinging on to their yesteryears and the big three of the past then maybe they can get some young players and actually stop using the age and lack of athleticism as an excuse. Manu and Tim look like they are retiring this summer and Parker needs to either come off the bench or retire early. He doesn't have it anymore. Spurs have to keep up with the rest of the NBA and actually get a starting pg who can defend with the best of them. Parker isn't that.

I bet they will let go of Danny, Boris and Mills before Parker which is sad. The Kawhi/Green defensive combo is the best in the NBA and the spurs love and loyalty for a declining Parker will derail that.

cool cat
06-01-2016, 10:51 PM
This year our average playoff age was 31.6.
2014 was somewhere in the 28 range.