PDA

View Full Version : Is Kyle Anderson the next Bonner, tbh?

ElNono
05-12-2016, 10:12 PM
I can already tell Pop is in love with him, tbh... I know we need to get younger, but that's not the road to success, IMO...

K...
05-12-2016, 10:21 PM
I can already tell Pop is in love with him, tbh... I know we need to get younger, but that's not the road to success, IMO...

he's one player in what we hope is a symphony of youthful talent. Cmon you are better than this. You saw summer league. He needs a stable role and better expectations.

dabom
05-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Turdhead needs to get the fuck out of this team. ASAP

mexicanjunior
Bonner at Anderson's age was much better tbh...

DarrinS
:lmao at Elnono

baseline bum
05-12-2016, 10:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsOXd6jmMOc

ElNono
05-12-2016, 10:23 PM
:lmao at Elnono

:lol I already know I'm gonna be bitching at that shit for the next 12 years...

Mouth is Bleeding
05-12-2016, 10:24 PM
Bonner was very efficient in this version of the NBA.

Kyle so far proving to be the opposite.

Could have been good in the 80s or something.

Chinook
05-12-2016, 10:26 PM
He has a ton to work on in the off-season. He should become Kawhi's shadow, since Leonard's current game is pretty much what Kyle should be hoping to have -- with a little Andre Miller tossed in. Dude still has the potential to be the best scorer of the guys on the team currently, and he needs to work on getting more consistent at that. The defense is already fine enough to allow him to stay on the court.

tholdren
05-12-2016, 10:27 PM
He has a ton to work on in the off-season. He should become Kawhi's shadow, since Leonard's current game is pretty much what Kyle should be hoping to have -- with a little Andre Miller tossed in. Dude still has the potential to be the best scorer of the guys on the team currently, and he needs to work on getting more consistent at that. The defense is already fine enough to allow him to stay on the court.
Gay and wrong.

ElNono
05-12-2016, 10:28 PM
hopefully we can package him in a trade somewhere... just a shame his contract is so small...

elemento
05-12-2016, 10:30 PM
I know people are pissed right now and probably want to see several guys getting kicked, but I still like him as a prospect. I still think he takes Manu's role as a 6th man.

He sucked in the playoffs though, can't deny it.

ElNono
05-12-2016, 10:31 PM
I know people are pissed right now and probably want to see several guys getting kicked, but I still like him as a prospect. I still think he takes Manu's role as a 6th man.

He wasn't ready. Not really his fault, tbh...

dabom
05-12-2016, 10:31 PM

He can't score though. :lmao

marinoman
05-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Don't insult bonner like that

r0drig0lac
05-12-2016, 10:46 PM
1- he needs consistent outside shot
2- become stronger
3- get a little faster (if that's possible)
he need to get two of these items, or your future in the league is doubtful

baseline bum
05-12-2016, 10:50 PM
He sucked in the playoffs though

And the season, though at least he rang in the summer league.

skulls138
05-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Needs to be a point guard/forward. Thats all I can see him doing being such a good passer and lack of outside shot.

YGWHI
05-12-2016, 11:06 PM
Needs to be a point guard/forward. Thats all I can see him doing being such a good passer and lack of outside shot.
If Manu retires, Kyle should be that playmaker. He's a lot better at passing the ball than the rest of our pgs and wings

spurtech09
05-12-2016, 11:12 PM
Bonner is better than Anderson lol.......

TheGreatYacht
05-13-2016, 12:08 AM
I've yet to hear one thing fat head is good at....

Welcome aboard the hate train y'all

UZER
05-13-2016, 12:09 AM
Matt gave him custody of the naked Pop pics.

HarlemHeat37
05-13-2016, 12:11 AM
I've never been a fan, but I'm not at the point where I've given up on him as a potential contributor, he's still young..

Pop put him in a bad spot, tbh..when Danny Green is shooting 57% from 3 in the series and 50+% in the playoffs, why is a struggling Anderson playing over him? He's really young, he wasn't ready, the coach didn't do him any favors..

TheGreatYacht
05-13-2016, 12:12 AM
2 years in, his body is still sloppy and his shot hasn't improved. He's trash.

Give Jarell Eddie a shot tbh :lol

SAGirl
05-13-2016, 12:44 AM
I love him but he's still a project, needs work on his shot, and to add strength bc his best physical attribute is probably his length. He has a lot of work to put in the off-season but you are right Pop does love him and so do his teammates. He's still learning how to play. I noticed he was so long that was getting shots at the basket over Kanter but note that he had to be pushed into that. I don't think he will ever be a big scorer, it just wasn't his game ever. He's magic Johnson lite his thing is passing.. I mean who knows what we have next season in that bench, he will be pushed to score more IMO, but next to Boban and Simmons for example they fit well. He will look to set up others first always. In a team sans Manu, sans Tim and with a washed up Diaw (maybe he's even let go who knows) we will need intelligent passing big time. He will come through for us in the future.

SAGirl
05-13-2016, 12:47 AM
I don't know about you but he was bestowed an honor playing with our geriatrics in their last game.

dabom
05-13-2016, 12:51 AM
Fathead is the bench Tony Parker. He isn't even the PG but still ends up with the ball with 10 seconds and decides not to pass it and chuck and then people say it was fine because the clock was running down. No you piece of shit. You decided to hold on to the ball a little extra time. :lmao

SAGirl
05-13-2016, 12:51 AM
hopefully we can package him in a trade somewhere... just a shame his contract is so small...
You know how wishing for a trade went for Bonner... :lol you might jinx him.

TheGreatYacht
05-13-2016, 12:52 AM
He's magic Johnson lite
Hopefully he follows his foot steps and retires early.

timtonymanu
05-13-2016, 01:01 AM
He sucks but he's still young. He could be valuable if he would work on his corner 3. He can't be such a liability on offense because his defense is just meh.

Stabula
05-13-2016, 01:05 AM
No idea what to think of him. He shows glimpses but with the time he's had in the league he should be further along.

TheGreatYacht
05-13-2016, 01:09 AM
Can't wait to watch him show out against Average Joe and Billy the plumber next year in the Summer League!

Only to get outplayed by Randy fucking Foye when it matters.

Kikoluna
05-13-2016, 02:57 AM
He is terrible. That play where I think foye shoots a 3 and he just stares says it all. He is not nba talent

Texas_Ranger
05-13-2016, 03:26 AM
This joke of a player is 5X worse than Bonner and I hate the red rocket.

tbdog
05-13-2016, 04:42 AM
2 years in, his body is still sloppy and his shot hasn't improved. He's trash.

Give Jarell Eddie a shot tbh :lol

It took Joseph 3 years, and only towards the end. Point is, there is time. Cheap rookie contract, he will stay.

jyra
05-13-2016, 04:44 AM
It's not his fault that Pop overplayed him but I just can't stand watching play. He reminds me too much of Blair.

TheGreatYacht
05-13-2016, 04:51 AM
It took Joseph 3 years, and only towards the end. Point is, there is time. Cheap rookie contract, he will stay.
Yeah but Cory was always a good defender, and he had the corner three down by this point of his career.

Kyle? He's a liability on both sides of the court and he's not as good a passer as people are hyping him up to be.

Just a lazy player overall.

99 Problems
05-13-2016, 05:06 AM
No need.MVPBonner is going nowhere. Nowhere I say. :bking

venitian navigator
05-13-2016, 05:27 AM
In college, Kyle was a play maker point guard. That's always been his role. imho the assumption he cant be a point guard in the nba is and has always been simply wrong...in offense his lenght is always gonna give him a clear advantage over quite every opponent. In defense it's not necessary that he guards the opponent point man if his team has (and his actual team has, with Green and Leonard) other good perimeter defenders that can switch...

J_Paco
05-13-2016, 05:52 AM
He is terrible. That play where I think foye shoots a 3 and he just stares says it all. He is not nba talent

Yup, Kyle just stared at the ball as it hit the floor, bounced up and ended up in the hands of an OKC Thunder. For a guy that supposedly has a high BBIQ and is a good rebounder, he sure did show none of that throughout his time on the floor.

I really think he needs to get bigger and stronger so that he can move to the "stretch" 4 position. He isn't cut out to ever be a SF with his complete lack of foot speed and athleticism.

MVPCues
05-13-2016, 08:01 AM
Kyle is a very good basketball player. He is very smart. He has a lot of savy moves. He is long. In the D league he would dominate only "good" basketball players, which is 90% of the D league.

In the NBA, he is probably the most versatile 10th man. Without a strong outside shot, he is simply too slow to be anything more than that. His length will sometimes get you a steal or a deflection. He will sometimes play catch up on defense when a guy blows by him and get a block from behind. He is smart enough to not turn the ball over as he passes it to someone else because his ability to score against a legit NBA defender is limited.

Can he get better? Sure. He is young and still developing, yada yada. Maybe the most versatile 8th-9th guy. He will sometimes look very good against scrubs in garbage time. He will get feasted on against legit NBA talent.

There should be no shame in any of that. He is what he is. If he is a starter for the Spurs, the Spurs will be in trouble.

tmtcsc
05-13-2016, 08:14 AM

Agreed. Too slow, too unathletic and not competitive enough. I want players who compete or as Pop says, have some "nasty".

Atl Spur
05-13-2016, 08:15 AM
Kyle Anderson plays lazy.....that's his problem in my opinion. He is the guy who thinks he is too good to do the small things and doesn't do them!! If he played with more ferocity/urgency this guy could be a nightmare but he doesn't at all. He has a entitled type of attitude vs the hunger necessary to be great. A true waste of talent!

Captivus
05-13-2016, 08:54 AM
Starting Thread....

Starting to realize something...second thoughts maybe?

:lol I already know I'm gonna be bitching at that shit for the next 12 years...

Complete 180!!

He wasn't ready. Not really his fault, tbh...

Nothing but love for you Abuelo!!!

ElNono
05-13-2016, 09:01 AM
^ It's not a 180, tbh... I knew it wasn't Bonner's fault either, that didn't stop me from wanting to throw a chair at the TV every time he checked in. Pop and his love affairs is what's maddening...

ernest787
05-13-2016, 09:30 AM
I don't like slow-mo at all. He hasn't shown anything in my opinion. He had a couple nice defensive plays but I don't think anyone would argue that he is a good defensive player. His shot is terrible. When he drives, he's almost never looking to score.

I'm sure he's on the roster next year and gets one more chance to prove himself, but I'm pretty much ready to move on from him.

objective
05-13-2016, 10:21 AM
He's not an NBA caliber player, he would be good in Europe. Not De Colo good. But he could have a career.

Lazy absolutely describes him well. Also entitled. For as slow as he is, when it's time for getting back on defense transition or otherwise, or sacrificing to make a hustle play, he could be counted on for quitting and going at quarter speed of his usual self.

For such a smart player, he makes a lot of suspect decisions with the ball also. He only really scores when he gets to hunch over like Mr Burns and ISO into a fadeaway.

tholdren
05-28-2016, 09:31 PM
not as good as bonner tbh

Kikoluna
05-28-2016, 09:47 PM
Bonner was and is a solid defender and a phenomenal shooter. Kyle is just garbage.

DeRozan m8
05-28-2016, 09:48 PM
Kyle is a very good basketball player. He is very smart. He has a lot of savy moves. He is long. In the D league he would dominate only "good" basketball players, which is 90% of the D league.

In the NBA, he is probably the most versatile 10th man. Without a strong outside shot, he is simply too slow to be anything more than that. His length will sometimes get you a steal or a deflection. He will sometimes play catch up on defense when a guy blows by him and get a block from behind. He is smart enough to not turn the ball over as he passes it to someone else because his ability to score against a legit NBA defender is limited.

Can he get better? Sure. He is young and still developing, yada yada. Maybe the most versatile 8th-9th guy. He will sometimes look very good against scrubs in garbage time. He will get feasted on against legit NBA talent.

There should be no shame in any of that. He is what he is. If he is a starter for the Spurs, the Spurs will be in trouble.

G'day Kyle

TheGreatYacht
05-29-2016, 04:53 AM
Ppl here will trade him for a second round pick which is a guaranteed stash player they will never see. Meanwhile Kyle is 22 ans already in the rotation. It's pointless to ask questions to the bunch of trolls who hate on his church.:lol

The transformation is happening right before our eyes...

:cry he's in the rotation, so that means he's earned it :cry

Pop gave both minutes early on and soon Kyle will stay on the roster when his contract his over because of his non existent "bball iq" and "corporate knowledge". 2020 can't come soon enough, when Pop and his favorite leeches finally get the fuck out of this roster

tholdren
05-29-2016, 08:10 AM
Where is SAtranny when you need him?

Sean Cagney
05-29-2016, 01:39 PM
Bonner was and is a solid defender and a phenomenal shooter. Kyle is just garbage.

Ehhh depends on the match up, Bonner would get abused by the more athletic bigs in the league and he has. I would not call him a solid defender by any means but an okay positional defender given the right match up. He could shoot but hardly made any when it really counted. I agree on Kyle so far though, sadly.

CGD
05-29-2016, 05:07 PM
I think they move him at some point before they have to decide whether to pay him a la George Hill.

Sean Cagney
05-29-2016, 09:02 PM
^ It's not a 180, tbh... I knew it wasn't Bonner's fault either, that didn't stop me from wanting to throw a chair at the TV every time he checked in. Pop and his love affairs is what's maddening...

^^^^^^^