PDA

View Full Version : There Is A Weird Silver Lining...Hear Me Out.

tim_duncan_fan
05-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Tim is probably gone and yes that is sad, but there is a strange silver lining in this:

WE WILL EXPERIENCE TRUE UNCERTAINTY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 19 YEARS!

That's HUGE and SCARY but also...when you think about it...it's EXCITING!

Real life is not about being able to lean on who is unquestionably one of the top ten players of all time, arguably top 5.

This has been a dream, but now we will have real life.

We truly don't know what happens next for the first time in a long time!

Am I the only one who sees some value in this? Some intrigue?

Let me ask this...and I may lose some people here...who has been looking to get on with the Spurs when they are not unquestionably of the best? It's easy enough to be a Spurs fan when we have Timmy, but now we don't! As an old bandwagon fan, I've never seen us go through real uncertainty.

I'm very interested in being around for the climb back to the top and I think it's going to be exciting.

Mugen
05-12-2016, 10:40 PM
:lol Like I said in another thread, the Spurs have cheated death for the last 6-7 years. They had no business being competitive after Memphis knocked them out, let alone ring in 2014. All sports teams get got in the end......

But they're set up pretty solidly with the best front office in sports and two guys you can build around...

Going to miss Manu & Tim if they hang 'em up but I'm not really worried about the Spurs future tbh.

skulls138
05-12-2016, 10:40 PM
Well good for you and la di FRICKIN da!!!

Dancelot
05-12-2016, 10:41 PM
I'm looking forward to finally getting a top 5 pick soon, it's been a long long time

tim_duncan_fan
05-12-2016, 10:43 PM
I'm looking forward to finally getting a top 5 pick soon, it's been a long long time

Dude I can't wait to see what fucking RC does with a pick anywhere near that high.

Mouth is Bleeding
05-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Tim ain't done

DMC
05-12-2016, 10:47 PM
Tim is probably gone and yes that is sad, but there is a strange silver lining in this:

Real life is not about being able to lean on who is unquestionably one of the top ten players of all time, arguably top 5.

Let me ask this...and I may lose some people here...who has been looking to get on with the Spurs when they are not unquestionably of the best? It's easy enough to be a Spurs fan when we have Timmy, but now we don't! As an old bandwagon fan, I've never seen us go through real uncertainty.

I'm very interested in being around for the climb back to the top and I think it's going to be exciting.
What? We've faced uncertainty plenty already. Every time Parker steps on the floor, every time Danny touches the ball, every time Pop walks to his bench and points, every time Manu eyes that cross court pass option.

"We might suck" isn't exciting. "We might be boring" isn't exciting. Being afraid to look isn't due to excitement.

We'll continue to be a playoff team probably for 4 or 5 more years and Pop will get a lot of credit for that. Tim will enter the HOF as will Manu most likely, and perhaps Pop while he's still coaching. Tony will struggle to adapt a lesser role. Guys like Patty Mills will leave the team for better offers or just be traded in package deals. We'll pretend they were better than they really were. Kawhi will keep trying to break through that shell and eventually in a couple years could get a technical foul for arguing a call. He won't be a flashy, take over the game type player though. LMA will float back out to the long 2 and ignore the post because that's his comfort spot. A decent center will arrive via package deal. Tim Duncan's jersey will be raised to the rafters, and Manu's shortly thereafter. There will be a statue of Tim Duncan clutching the ball with both arms, outside the AT&T center. Bonner will still be on the team.

koriwhat
05-12-2016, 10:49 PM

Ugh... spurs vs blazers early-mid 90's... i can totally, and wish to, forget that era!

spurtech09
05-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Nothing scary....Just once you get old you not the same....plain and simple.....It was fun while it last...shoot Spurs have 5 championships....

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2016, 10:56 PM
You guys think a core of Durant and Kawhi is going to put this team into the lotto? :lol

tim_duncan_fan
05-12-2016, 10:58 PM
We aren't getting Durant.

I don't believe it.

Ditty
05-12-2016, 11:01 PM
I think Tim will be back, but Manu won't.

2011 we had a lot more uncertainty. Tim looked done, and wasn't in the best shape. Spurs had two playoff chokers in the starting lineup, Jefferson/Hill. Our starting center McDyess was 36 years old, and got outplayed. We didn't know we would get Green/Kawhi the next season and Duncan would get back in shape. Thing worked out for the best, and won nearly back to back championships two years later. We will be back. I believe in Buford.

james evans
05-12-2016, 11:07 PM
I think we should trade parker for a late 2nd round pick.