PDA

View Full Version : This is karma for trading Tiago

jimbo
05-12-2016, 10:52 PM
Shoulda traded Boris instead of him tbh.

If Tiago was healthy, he'd have been a better pairing with West than Diaw.

If Tiago was hurt, Pop would have been forced to play small or play Boban.

Either way the Spurs come out ahead.

Keepin' it real
05-12-2016, 10:53 PM
That explains everything.

baseline bum
Hawks wouldn't have taken Diaw

jimbo
:lol Spurs playoffs runs without a healthy Splitter

Mugen
05-12-2016, 10:54 PM
MAH NIGGA.

The Golden God......

spurtech09
05-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Hawks wouldn't have taken DiawJesus would...Jesus loves us all:)

jimbo
05-12-2016, 10:55 PM
Hawks wouldn't have taken Diaw

coulda sworn he was viewed as the better player between the two (from non spurs fans at least. but i guess it's a decent assumption that GMs are smarter than your average fan)

i figure someone would have taken him, he was on a better deal

cjw
Isn't Tiago moving to the announcer booth?

Also, Tiago would have had no trade value as an injured player this offseason while Diaw has value given the structure of his deal (partially guaranteed this offseason before late July, fully unguaranteed heading into the following offseason = allows teams to trade salary to clear cap space.

jimbo
dude's probably huehuehuehue-ing all over the fuckin floor right now

spurtech09
05-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Yeah Injury prone Tiago.

marinoman
05-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Splitter is never healthy, including this year

jimbo
05-12-2016, 10:57 PM
Yeah Injury prone Tiago.

Splitter is never healthy, including this year

guys, i covered this. if Splitter was hurt that just means more minutes for Kiwi at the 4 or Boban at the 5. Pop can't play the turd towers 2.0 if Diaw isn't on the team.

jimbo
05-12-2016, 10:59 PM
Isn't Tiago moving to the announcer booth?

Also, Tiago would have had no trade value as an injured player this offseason while Diaw has value given the structure of his deal (partially guaranteed this offseason before late July, fully unguaranteed heading into the following offseason = allows teams to trade salary to clear cap space.

what announcer booth? dude can barely speak english.

and Diaw's contract has minimal added value given the amount the salary cap is rising...but who cares about that shit anyways? Tim is done. This was the last shot. Tiago would have given us a better chance at a ship

marinoman
05-12-2016, 10:59 PM
Pop would play bonner then

CGD
05-12-2016, 11:00 PM
More like the Horry hip check after the bizzare end of game calls in games 2 and 5 in this series

K...
05-12-2016, 11:05 PM
Parker would also be more mature without his crossiant soiling buddy

cjw
05-12-2016, 11:06 PM
what announcer booth? dude can barely speak english.

and Diaw's contract has minimal added value given the amount the salary cap is rising...but who cares about that shit anyways? Tim is done. This was the last shot. Tiago would have given us a better chance at a ship

http://nbpa.com/sidelined-but-not-inactive-tiago-splitter-prepares-for-his-olympic-broadcast-debut/

Diaw's contract is movable this offseason. Tiago's isn't. Huge difference for a team with next to no cap space.

jimbo
05-12-2016, 11:07 PM
http://nbpa.com/sidelined-but-not-inactive-tiago-splitter-prepares-for-his-olympic-broadcast-debut/

Diaw's contract is movable this offseason. Tiago's isn't. Huge difference for a team with next to no cap space.

that makes a lot more sense. I was thinking "there can't be that many brazilians who watch the nba"...but the olympics? alright.

and why not just move forward with Tiago at center? Wasn't that the original plan anyway?

cjw
05-13-2016, 12:07 AM
that makes a lot more sense. I was thinking "there can't be that many brazilians who watch the nba"...but the olympics? alright.

and why not just move forward with Tiago at center? Wasn't that the original plan anyway?

I do agree that Splitter (healthy) would have been more useful against OKC. But Diaw was essential / Splitter unplayable against GS.

DrunkTXLabrat
05-13-2016, 12:47 AM
trading Diaw would have sucked too. the answer was signing a younger more intimidating big man who's more known to rebound, block, and dunk than shoot.

Lerojo
05-13-2016, 12:48 AM
Op you crazy. Tiago hasn't been able to run for nearly 3 seasons now.

Godbama
05-13-2016, 12:49 AM
RIP Tiago

TheGreatYacht
05-13-2016, 01:05 AM
Rest in piss, Shitter.

Sean Cagney
05-13-2016, 01:16 AM
Shoulda traded Boris instead of him tbh.

If Tiago was healthy,.
Stopped reading there, :lol at if he was healthy........

testies
05-13-2016, 01:38 AM
These two years are great tbh, people thought we were this undestructable machine and pissed on Splitter's contributions. Specially that xenophobe who sucked on Blair's balls and now on West "ohh but he's so tough :ihit I miss having an enforcer blabla"

Well there you go you idiots, sometimes one piece is enough to make us lose a series. Now its crystal clear that without Tiago we lose to Dallas in 6 and we have 4 rings by now. So fuck off and pay homage to him.

Snaq O'Meal
05-13-2016, 01:52 AM
trading Diaw would have sucked too. the answer was signing a younger more intimidating big man who's more known to rebound, block, and dunk than shoot.

Pop would rather have a soft "high IQ" big instead of an aggressive monkey baller. He can bully the former but not the latter.

05-13-2016, 01:53 AM
People can't say I told you so on the splitter dump because he suffered a season ending injury. Still, if the spurs dumped other players instead and splitter stayed healthy, it would be hard to see the spurs get wrecked this badly.