PDA

View Full Version : it feels so empty

cascaders
05-13-2016, 02:52 AM
Now that it all has ended... it feels so empty, like i really dont care about the nba anymore.. dont even care who wins... im just waiting for any news at all with the spurs..
this is crazy but i guess now that spurs is out, my nba season is done.. like i have no interest at all to watch the nba anymore..
Anyone else in the same boat?

DeRozan m8
05-13-2016, 02:54 AM
Will watch, but won't be planning my life around games

Got 2 weeks off work during the finals, will no doubt tune in.

Very empty though, yes

spurs10
05-13-2016, 03:06 AM
Now that it all has ended... it feels so empty, like i really dont care about the nba anymore.. dont even care who wins... im just waiting for any news at all with the spurs..
this is crazy but i guess now that spurs is out, my nba season is done.. like i have no interest at all to watch the nba anymore..
Anyone else in the same boat? Yeah I have no dog in the hunt and don't like OKC or GSW. If you put a gun to my head I'd like to see GSW beat the Thunder soundly and then get their butts kicked by a healthy Cavs team. I thought GSW was extremely lucky last year. They are much more seasoned now, but they haven't been tested in the playoffs for two years.

Ginobili3
05-13-2016, 03:13 AM
Been that way for me since Spurs won #5. Even CP3's game winner against us in Game 7 elicited no reaction from me except "pffft". Must be the thick skin from watching all the other ways we lost. Still waiting to see what TD and Manu do.

Texas_Ranger
05-13-2016, 03:22 AM
Its the same for me as every year. When the Spurs go fishing, I go also. I don't give a shit who wins it now.

siraulo23
05-13-2016, 03:25 AM
Man it feels weird, no spurs games to look forward to for a few months damn

I think the WCF/Finals are gonna be entertaining but its not the same when you arent rooting for any of those teams

Slippy
05-13-2016, 03:46 AM
Felt the guttered feeling last game. Most knew the spurs weren't coming back from 3 to 2 down . Sad but true. This team has no fight when they playing from behind

Snaq O'Meal
05-13-2016, 03:47 AM
Felt the guttered feeling last game. Most knew the spurs weren't coming back from 3 to 2 down . Sad but true. This team has no fight when they playing from behind

They started the game well.

Then Poop happened...

kobyz
05-13-2016, 03:55 AM
It's not only to feel empty, it's also to feel so pathetic going throw a great regular season to this humiliating playoff, it's make you feel that with Pop and this team there is no point to keep follow them next years cause this team can only gives us sorrow...

KenziE
05-13-2016, 04:54 AM
Empty tbh

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-13-2016, 05:06 AM
Still hurts :(

Rummpd
05-13-2016, 06:16 AM
S - Sorrow
P - Pain
U - Untenable to watch a team lay an egg
R - Resiliency (not)
S - Shame in me for believing

LoveMySpurs
05-13-2016, 07:32 AM
Sad day.... Just not sure what happened. After game 1 the wheels fell off. Figured the series would go 6 or 7, but not this way. Still, I'm wearing my Spurs shirt at work today for the final time this season. Now to take down all of my Spurs posters and decorations, such a let down. As most posters have said, no real interest now in who wins, although it will be interesting to see how Westbrook/ Durant match up against Curry...
Oh well, it's just a game and entertainment, but after investing countless hours and dollars supporting them it's disappointing. :cry

Dro210
05-13-2016, 08:46 AM
This one hurts worse in the immediate aftermath than any other year besides 2013... I have a bad memory from smoking too much weed, but .4 didn't hurt this way, .4 was anger. 2006 was frustration. Anything before '99 we didn't know what we were truly missing yet. This is just sadness, more than frustration from the let down, because we probably lost a lot more than a ring last night, and that's gonna be really hard to accept if that's the case... It's still not quite as gut wrenching as watching Timmy walk out of the arena empty handed after 2013 tho, thinking we may have spoiled his last chance. I love Tim like an older brother, I wanted "one more" for him so bad. I moped around for weeks because of that image. Thank God for 2014.

Russo21
05-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Agree with OP, just feel numb. I haven't had a pissed of reaction like in years passed. Just numb. Uncertainty regarding the future of my idol and hero in Timmy is strange. He's been part of our lives for 19 years, thinking of the Spurs without him just leaves me with an empty feeling. I can't even remember life before TD it was that long ago.

Spurs9
05-13-2016, 09:21 AM
After going thru our finals loss to the Heat, this feels fine. I wasn't even upset this morning, I'm actually pretty pumped to watch the rest of the playoffs with the epic matchups that are going to happen.

DJR210
05-13-2016, 09:23 AM
OP, I'm with you. Same with my Cowboys.. My season with them is usually done by the 3rd game so it could be worse

After going thru our finals loss to the Heat, this feels fine.

This

Leetonidas
05-13-2016, 09:25 AM
some of you are way too emo. aren't most of you grown men :lol

kobyz
05-13-2016, 09:31 AM
No Timmy anymore takes my soul, he was the most important thing in my life, and to see him walking off with that ugly ending is devastating, I'm in totally gloom, i don't know what I want anymore, i don't know if I'm still a spurs fan...

Russo21
05-13-2016, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=Dro210;8588215] I have a bad memory from smoking too much weed, QUOTE] True that lol I ran into an old girlfriend (from about 2001) the other week. We were trying to remember things about each other. I couldn't remember shit about her and all she remembered about me was that my idol was Tim Duncan lol. That's all she remembered from 15 years ago lol. Life has changed so much since then, the only thing that has remained certain in life has been Timmy and the Spurs. Man I feel empty and numb today.

Keepin' it real
05-13-2016, 09:39 AM
I've always stopped watching the playoffs after the Spurs lose. Not this year. Warriors vs. OKC will be entertaining, so will the finals vs. Cleveland.

So I'll be watching for a change.

Oh, and I don't feel empty. Tim was so instrumental in all 5 titles. Seeing how he was, and knowing how important he is to EVERYTHING, I feared the Spurs could not survive with an ineffective Tim.

So I'm at peace.

clambake
05-13-2016, 09:42 AM
do the spurs know its over?

they're pretty old.

Dro210
05-13-2016, 09:44 AM
True that lol I ran into an old girlfriend (from about 2001) the other week. We were trying to remember things about each other. I couldn't remember shit about her and all she remembered about me was that my idol was Tim Duncan lol. That's all she remembered from 15 years ago lol. Life has changed so much since then, the only thing that has remained certain in life has been Timmy and the Spurs. Man I feel empty and numb today.

lol, crazy how life becomes a blur... I feel ya man. I feel ya.

I'm not ready to concede he's gone til he's really gone tho

Russo21
05-13-2016, 09:58 AM
lol, crazy how life becomes a blur... I feel ya man. I feel ya.

I'm not ready to concede he's gone til he's really gone tho Thanks mate. I have a bad memory from all the weed to lol Short term memory in particular is fucked so I know that'll help, I just forget shit lol. Hopefully his body feels ok and he comes back :) It's hard when the mind is wiling but the body isn't able. Knowing how much he loves the game there's a chance he'll be back.

Leetonidas
05-13-2016, 10:14 AM
also, as much as I hate to say it, with the warriors we are witnessing history. it may not be our team but to say there's no point of watching ball is crazy imo...

baseline bum
05-13-2016, 10:17 AM
It was always going to have to end, and it ends ugly for everyone but Russell and Robinson. I'm definitely going to watch the WCF and the Finals. It'll be nice to finally watch a Golden State game without any lingering thoughts about how in the hell the Spurs were going to come up with a game plan to beat them. The ECF I'll probably watch most of, but LeBron cornholing the Raptors will likely be pretty boring.

baseline bum
05-13-2016, 10:19 AM
also, as much as I hate to say it, with the warriors we are witnessing history. it may not be our team but to say there's no point of watching ball is crazy imo...

Yeah Golden State is really fun to watch. The only teams I have enjoyed watching as much were the 86 Celtics, 87 Lakers, 91 Bulls, 11 Mavs, and 14 Spurs.

Budkin
05-13-2016, 10:35 AM
Meh, set for life after 5 and we've still got a really bright future. Not too bummed considering we had no chance against GSW anyway.

daslicer
05-13-2016, 10:37 AM
This is the first in a long time I don't like the remaining 4 teams left. Cavs,Warriors,Thunder are all douchebag squads and the Raptors just don't even matter.

littlecoyotecoin
05-13-2016, 10:54 AM
This one hurts worse in the immediate aftermath than any other year besides 2013... I have a bad memory from smoking too much weed, but .4 didn't hurt this way, .4 was anger. 2006 was frustration. Anything before '99 we didn't know what we were truly missing yet. This is just sadness, more than frustration from the let down, because we probably lost a lot more than a ring last night, and that's gonna be really hard to accept if that's the case... It's still not quite as gut wrenching as watching Timmy walk out of the arena empty handed after 2013 tho, thinking we may have spoiled his last chance. I love Tim like an older brother, I wanted "one more" for him so bad. I moped around for weeks because of that image. Thank God for 2014.

Just FYI, but you just made this same post in another thread.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-13-2016, 11:55 AM
Not gonna bother watching the remaining 2016 playoffs from here on out. Will just briefly check in to see the final game scores. Onto MLB until October!

TheRemix
05-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Don't really feel empty. Man up, move on, and get ready for the next season. I'm interested in seeing how GSW plays the rest of the playoffs, I want to see them obliterate the thunder and cavs. After all that i'm excited to see what the spurs do in the offseason

703 Spurz
05-13-2016, 01:29 PM
Anyone else in the same boat?

I don't give a fuck who wins. I dislike OKC heavily but I don't like the Warriors either (or Cleveland). So I guess I'll want Toronto to take it all (fuck the Heat btw). Seeing as how it'll be Cleveland/GS again I won't watch. I won't even watch a minute of the Conference Finals since the Spurs are done.

703 Spurz
05-13-2016, 01:30 PM
S - Sorrow
P - Pain
U - Untenable to watch a team lay an egg
R - Resiliency (not)
S - Shame in me for believing

Give me a fucking break. Any other fan of the other teams in the league would kill to have a chance at the title for the last 20 years like we've had here.

kobyz
05-14-2016, 09:27 AM
Give me a fucking break. Any other fan of the other teams in the league would kill to have a chance at the title for the last 20 years like we've had here.

No, he will prefer to build some new project instead of the mentally fragile, naive team that give to her fans the most heartbreaking and cruel moments, biggest underachiever feeling and curesed feeling that he was born to suffer all the most craziest sad stuff...