PDA

View Full Version : A Good Run Comes to an End

Calispursfan11
05-13-2016, 02:55 AM
Spurstalk as we know it is now over. Saddest moment ever, but Timmy Duncan, my favorite player and an exceedingly decent dude always is now finally done IMO. Manu, all heart, all flailing arms and awkward drives and stop on a dime three point set shots is done because his body has finally given out. Tony, while having the best intentions, is now over the hill a la Marbury, Stevie Franchise and many other talented yet rapidly declined aging PGs. Can't do what he used to. Pop is done. Let him taste his wine and go fishing. ISO ball offense for the foreseeable future with KL and LMA and that's not good enough to win anything. Never thought I'd say it but it's time. Board is done. Blow it up. Login fail is best it can get from here for at least a few years. Was good while it lasted. :toast Duncan's Spurs will forever be remembered as one of the great teams of all time, regardless of lack of back to back championships, asterisks and all. It's amazing what they've given us for so many years. I salute Timmy and company as one of the greatest teams ever assembled. Give them glory, not shame, and let them ride happily into the sunset with our gratitude and blessings.

kobyz
05-13-2016, 03:16 AM
I wish not to have that great regular season putting me in illusion and giving me hopes we have a chance, cause now it turn to put me in tottal gloom after so humiliate elimination and a season that make Duncan go out with a stain...

kobyz
05-13-2016, 03:43 AM
Pop and RC should feel so sorry and ashamed not to try their best and not going all out for the 2014-2015 season, the real Duncan last season and the real chance we had for another title... They should have go for the title then which we had great chance and after we had try our best Duncan could have retire after that season like he wanted instead of the stupid mistake to come back...but Pop and RC fucked up that season big time with their arrogance after a title causing them not to try their best and to go throw the motions, bad front office work not to improve the team and not to bring any upgrade, soft and naive coaching not to challenge the players to bring it and not to avoid the clippers in first round... Pop and RC wasting the 2014-2015 season in that way is the crying for the ages, you can't be so arrogant and full of yourself, you can't not giving your all... Things like that also have bad implication and bad karma for the future and that what we saw right now with the pathetic and humiliating way we eliminated against okc...

Gervin44Silas13
05-13-2016, 07:50 AM
Fuck here come the 41-41 seasons and EVERY MOTHERFUCKER in the at&t center is gonna wear GS, Cavs, OKC, gear fucking jumping of the cliffs motherfucker

ManuTastic
05-13-2016, 08:36 AM
First, hats off to OKC. Just ran us off the floor playing at a crazy high level (with a little help from the refs in two games).
Then: Go in peace, Tim and Manu. You gave your all, got your rings, gave us all so much. No one defeats Father Time. You were the best ever!
The foundation for a bright future is here though. LMA and Kawhi are awesome, period. Don't hate on them; they can't win every game. Good pieces: Tony, Diaw, Green, Patty, JSimms, even Boban the Cave Man! This offseason the job is finding a few more parts. Marc told Pau to sign with SA; do it Pau! He'd do a great job sliding into Timmy's slot. Got to find more athletic wing players to suit today's small ball league, but surely they're out there (others know the contract situations out there far more than I do).
The Spurs are dead; long live the Spurs!:bobo

webshad
05-13-2016, 09:00 AM
First, hats off to OKC. Just ran us off the floor playing at a crazy high level (with a little help from the refs in two games).
Then: Go in peace, Tim and Manu. You gave your all, got your rings, gave us all so much. No one defeats Father Time. You were the best ever!
The foundation for a bright future is here though. LMA and Kawhi are awesome, period. Don't hate on them; they can't win every game. Good pieces: Tony, Diaw, Green, Patty, JSimms, even Boban the Cave Man! This offseason the job is finding a few more parts. Marc told Pau to sign with SA; do it Pau! He'd do a great job sliding into Timmy's slot. Got to find more athletic wing players to suit today's small ball league, but surely they're out there (others know the contract situations out there far more than I do).
The Spurs are dead; long live the Spurs!:bobo

Good post, made me smile reading it.

It's time to start a brand new chapter.