PDA

View Full Version : What I hate about sports.

cariocaz
05-13-2016, 07:03 AM
The chances of my team winning it all in any given year are slim and none.

At least the Spurs had that great series and took the title from Lebron and Miami. It's sad to see the season end this way. But that's how it goes.

Harry Callahan
05-13-2016, 07:07 AM
The NBA is not geared for 38 and 40 year olds to win championships when they have to beat guys ten years their junior. The Spurs tried and tried hard to make it happen. It didn't.

Enjoy 2014 guys. I have a pretty cool picture of that 2014 Spurs team and the FMVP on my study wall.

No fans Oklahoma City (or Seattle for that matter) will have that type of keepsake on their study wall anytime soon.

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-13-2016, 07:16 AM
I came to the understanding years ago that IT IS FUCKING HARD TO WIN IT ALL! And when it does, enjoy it as much as possible. Unrealistic dreams of winning every year. I said month or so back they were not winning it all. I just wanted Spurs vs GSW. Heck the Spurs probably wouldn`t beat the Cavs so....

Obstructed_View
05-13-2016, 07:50 AM
From 1999 to 2014, the Spurs won one out of every three championships. You want your chances to go down, root for Baylor and the Browns.

Dro210
05-13-2016, 08:56 AM
The NBA is not geared for 38 and 40 year olds to win championships when they have to beat guys ten years their junior. The Spurs tried and tried hard to make it happen. It didn't.

Enjoy 2014 guys. I have a pretty cool picture of that 2014 Spurs team and the FMVP on my study wall.

No fans Oklahoma City (or Seattle for that matter) will have that type of keepsake on their study wall anytime soon.

I went to 40 games that year as a non-season ticket holder. 9 in the playoffs, including Games 1 and 5 of The Finals, and watched Game 4 at the AT&T Center too. Took or went with over 20 different friends/family members throughout the season to share it with. Sat all over the AT&T. Spent a ton of money, especially for that last one, but it was worth every cent a thousand times over. I knew how special that team had a chance to be, and that the ride was coming to an end for 20 and 21. I wanted to soak it all in, and pay homage as best I could. Some of the best memories of my life, and so happy I had the money/time to experience the full ride in that way. Best team to ever play basketball, 4 years after we were dead and buried. I don't think any franchise/fanbase will ever have anything quite like 2014. It means so much... Never thought we'd get 2 more years after that to appreciate those guys tbh. I know not everybody wants it this time around, but here's hoping for one more :toast no such thing as too much icing on my cake.

kobyz
05-13-2016, 09:07 AM
We should go all out about the 2015 title but Pop was so full of himself and didn't give his all, didn't try his best, it was soft and too cute coaching, also RC was soft not to try and bring addition and adding juice to improve the team... That was our real chance to win sixth, and on the way pop and RC fucked up that oportonity there is no forgiveness...

MultiTroll
05-13-2016, 09:13 AM
I went to 40 games that year as a non-season ticket holder. 9 in the playoffs, including Games 1 and 5 of The Finals, and watched Game 4 at the AT&T Center too. Took or went with over 20 different friends/family members throughout the season to share it with. Sat all over the AT&T.
From what you observed, what is with the burrito eating lower level crowd that leaves 50, 60, sometimes 70% of the seats empty at games start and/or start of 3rd?
WTF are they doing?

Dro210
05-13-2016, 09:36 AM
From what you observed, what is with the burrito eating lower level crowd that leaves 50, 60, sometimes 70% of the seats empty at games start and/or start of 3rd?
WTF are they doing?

1st quarter a lot of them really haven't even gotten there yet. Some are in lines for food/beer. 3rd quarter, they're literally all at the bar standing in line to get their 10th beer and/or 2nd whataburger.

There are some good fans down there, there really is, people who have been around for yearssss. Diehards.... but there's a lot of rich fucks and their wives, kids, girlfriends who are just there for a social event, to have something to do and to be seen. Show up late, leave early, "but I was there!". The Spurs are the coolest event in the city, it's just what it is. Some are real fans who are just spoiled from perpetual greatness, a lot are T-shirt fans there to hang out and get drunk and post pictures of themselves at the game. I hate those people so much. They're part of the reason ticket prices shot up after 2014, cause they're a bunch of frontrunners who wanna buy up season tickets for status, but sell 90% of their tickets at a markup. I haven't gone to near as many games the last 2 years.

Sitting close is nice, especially really close... but upper deck is always the funnest. I don't mind sitting anywhere in there tho. Only row I can't sit on is the very top against the back wall, cause my feet don't fit in the row. My favorite seats are in the corners, 1st row of the upper deck. There's also a nice little section about first 5 rows of the upper deck at center court that I like.

baseline bum
05-13-2016, 11:43 AM
I'm glad I got to follow this team way before they were title contenders every year, so I could appreciate just how rare it is to see everything come together. I know most of you guys are too young to have been in a 3/4 empty Hemisfair Arena watching Alfrederick Hughes embarrass himself while the guys in the seats five over from you had bags over their heads like Clipper fans. Or to get excited by finally beating the Lakers in a regular season game (DRob's first game of his career). After 95 I would have cut off my left nut for one title and I got to see them win five. I got to see them get their heart ripped out in the most cruel loss in NBA history only to see them come back and literally break up one of the great NBA teams ever in the greatest revenge story I have ever seen. When they're the 5 or 6 seed next year and Tim is sitting next to David in the stands I'll still be pretty excited about this team though they will have zero chance at a title.

HankChinaski
05-13-2016, 11:53 AM
I don't believe they have zero chance. But this was the last strong team of the big three era.

This off season could herald some excitement via the draft and free agency. Spurs only have the first round pick this year I believe but free agency and cap space to play with could bring in some more youth and skill.

HankChinaski
05-13-2016, 12:06 PM
Yeah the the 90s Spurs were the gut wrenching times to be a fan with Rob getting MVP just to get teabagged by Hakeem. Man I recall wanting a title so badly. Then after '07 I was uncertain they could get back with a good chance to win it all.

These Spurs team has kept me watching them in post season twenty+ years going. I am so grateful for that than to be a fan of other franchise that have faired far far worse. Slit your wrist and cry worse fandom that goes year after year with delusions of winning it all.

They are like those delusional actresses that keep going back for auditions, like some cock rabbit hopping from cock to cock adding miles of Prick into the over abused cock zippers.

Thank God for not being that.