PDA

View Full Version : Is Pop the becoming Tom Landry Verison of the late 1980s Cowboys

Gervin44Silas13
05-13-2016, 07:37 AM
Cowboys had 20 winning Seasons under Landry 5 SB appearances 2 wins and 3 chokes

Pop 19 winning seasons 6 finals 5 titles and numerous choke jobs in the postseason

Landry got senile and didn't draft for the future and the Cowboys went into mediocrity....

Pop is Getting senile with his rotations and the future is uncertain with his players....hes got old veterans and 2 all stars who had a deer in head lites look after blowing a 2-1 lead

This season just sucked donkey balls 67 wins fuck man at least get to the Conference finals

.....FO needs to look to the future......or our team is gonna fall to the shit hole fast and be WC shitty teams like DAL SAC PORT

UZER
05-13-2016, 07:44 AM
His micro managing minutes in the regular season doesn't work anymore. You play 28 min a game for six months, then just expect to flip a switch and play 38 with much more intensity and better competition for the next two with 40 y.o. guys? Plus, it sets a bad mindset for being lazy at the office. Sure you can say all the right things, but ultimately it stunts you mentally too.

0 adjustments, overplaying Diaw/West, blah blah blah, you know it all, but hey,

:pop: Its just basketball, and we just didn't make shots.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-13-2016, 08:15 AM
R.C has to take him out behind the wood shed. It's time

UZER
05-13-2016, 08:17 AM
If he was over himself, he would know it's time to retire.

Does RC have the balls to tell him we need a change?

tmtcsc
05-13-2016, 08:30 AM
No, Pop is not like Tom Landry. Landry's teams suffered through 3 consecutive losing seasons before he got whacked. The game and knowledge of talented players had definitely passed him by.

Steven Adams was the MVP for OKC in that round. He competed and wanted it more than our guys could handle. He did the little things to help ensure his team won.

The Spurs bench let the team down big time -

Patty Mills and Boris Diaw were especially bad. The Patty Mills PG experiment needs to be over.

tmtcsc
05-13-2016, 08:32 AM
Of all the Big 3 that I want gone, TP is at the top of the list. He is muddling in mediocrity and has a big price tag to go along with it. He's a backup in this league at best.

Gervin44Silas13
05-13-2016, 08:55 AM
No, Pop is not like Tom Landry. Landry's teams suffered through 3 consecutive losing seasons before he got whacked. The game and knowledge of talented players had definitely passed him by.

Steven Adams was the MVP for OKC in that round. He competed and wanted it more than our guys could handle. He did the little things to help ensure his team won.

Patty Mills and Boris Diaw were especially bad. The Patty Mills PG experiment needs to be over.

On the Talk of TL Murchisien wanted him out before the 3 losing seasons...so when he sold the team one of the clauses was to get rid of Landry and he did when Jerry took over

Maddog
05-13-2016, 11:44 AM

Not to be an apologist but, I don't put this on Pop.
The Spurs just lacked size and athleticism to deal with the Thunder. In some ways this team is better suited to play GS than OKC. I give some credit to Donovan or someone on his bench, because they adjusted, went big, got Westbrick to somewhat slow down. Diaw, West and Mills where just over matched. Pop really didn't have a whole lot options.

Despite this, the series was a lot closer than it looked.
A couple of bounces/calls here are there and we are in game 7 sunday.

baseline bum
05-13-2016, 11:51 AM
Pop's lack of adjustments in some series can be extremely frustrating to watch, but there is no one better at putting in a good system, at player development, and building loyalty within the team. There is no one else in the league I'd rather have one the sideline next season.

daslicer
05-13-2016, 12:05 PM
The Spurs just lacked size and athleticism to deal with the Thunder. In some ways this team is better suited to play GS than OKC. I give some credit to Donovan or someone on his bench, because they adjusted, went big, got Westbrick to somewhat slow down. Diaw, West and Mills where just over matched. Pop really didn't have a whole lot options.

I would say the size part is what hurt the most in this series. If they had the ability to limit the offensive rebounds than OKC loses in 5 I'm convinced of that. One thing that does bother me is how I have noticed on twitter the Warriors wanted to play the Thunder badly. It leads me to believe that even they know the Thunders are an easier matchup versus playing the Spurs granted they still would beat the Spurs. OKC is garbage but they had a huge advantage which was rebounding hence why they won.

tmtcsc
05-13-2016, 12:05 PM

I agree. I don't put this on Pop at all. He can be stubborn to a fault at times but I think he wanted to dance with who got him the 67 wins. I also think you are right about this team being built to compete with Golden St. more than OKC. Even still, the Spurs could have and should have won the series. They did not match OKC's drive to win. Getting loose balls and rebounding are hustle plays and OKC had more of that than the Spurs did.

HankChinaski
05-13-2016, 12:17 PM
Playing Boban, Martin, Miller and Simmons wasn't going to change the script against the thunder. Shots didn't drop that fell normally all season. Athleticism of Thunders bigd much like 2012 did us in. Even then game 2, game 5 could have gone entirely different late and we would be looking at a conference final matchup

HankChinaski
05-13-2016, 12:19 PM
Frustrating to see them.go out earlier than one would think. Thunder played to their strengths and managed to get Westchimp to play within the teams needs the second half of the series and played and hit some big shots.

Mikeanaro
05-13-2016, 01:37 PM
He´s done and the ball movement system is outdated we need confident shooters not that passive shit, OKC run 3 plays every game and Pop never had answers, never called timeouts to kill momentum and lots of other things like lineups, defensive marks, not complaining about horrible reffing, etc.
Time to retire Pops dont be an asshole.

purist
05-13-2016, 03:27 PM
But a f'n pansy ass fans in this forum. Pop is a HOFer just like Landry was. be grateful for once instead being such pussy ass whiners.

DMC
05-13-2016, 06:38 PM
I doubt Landry was giddy as Pop when a series ended. Pop seems happier to lose than to win.

DMC
05-13-2016, 06:38 PM
But a f'n pansy ass fans in this forum. Pop is a HOFer just like Landry was. be grateful for once instead being such pussy ass whiners.
Find a big fat cock and suck it until you choke to death on cum.

UZER
05-13-2016, 06:55 PM
Pop has not looked like he's enjoying himself for sometime. Retire already man if your hearts not in it.

Southwest Texas Fan
05-13-2016, 11:33 PM
Pop has not looked like he's enjoying himself for sometime. Retire already man if your hearts not in it.

Maybe he felt obligated to sign another 5 five years probably in an effort to bring Lamarcus and bring a bigger pool of free agents. Maybe he just isn't enjoying the ride any longer.

dbreiden83080
05-13-2016, 11:48 PM
Basically what I am gathering is, if the Spurs don't win a championship it is all the coaches fault? Is that right? The idea that we choked in this series is stupid. Durant and Westbrook played out of their minds. Plus they killed us on the boards. That is why we lost. Get over it.

dbreiden83080
05-13-2016, 11:52 PM
A series like this all comes down to the players. Bottom line if Tim Duncan is in his prime along with Leonard, we fucking destroy this team. Maybe even sweep them.