PDA

View Full Version : Realitic Trade Options for Tony Parker?

Nbadan
05-14-2016, 12:56 AM
Everyone wants to trade Tony..dump his guaranteed money..send him to Milwaukee?? really? Give me your best Trade Tony Option....what you got? Remember it's gotta be realistic...

Russo21
05-14-2016, 01:16 AM
You stumped me with the word 'realistic' Is that possible with Trade options for Tony? :D

dbreiden83080
05-14-2016, 01:24 AM
He is not getting traded, nor should he be. He has played, and earned the right to finish his career in this uniform.

Nbadan
05-14-2016, 01:28 AM
You stumped me with the word 'realistic' Is that possible with Trade options for Tony? :D

That's what I want to find out.......now, by realistic I mean like....Tony for Lillard won't work because Lillard only made 4.2 million this year...

kobyz
05-14-2016, 01:32 AM
Who could fix my account? I can't start threads, can't access my profile and edit, i want my account to be fixed or delated...

Nbadan
05-14-2016, 01:37 AM
The great eye.....check where this site is registered...and you get your mod...

LongtimeSpursFan
05-14-2016, 01:39 AM
He is not getting traded, nor should he be. He has played, and earned the right to finish his career in this uniform.

This. Plus the Spurs have bigger issues at the center and SG position and guys that can't shoot off the bench.

Nbadan
05-14-2016, 01:40 AM
...besides...the Blazers have bookooo money to spend....Lillard will be well taken care of in Portland...

Nbadan
05-14-2016, 01:45 AM
Lol at Portland paying Anderson Varejao 9.7 mil to play for GS...

Ditty
05-14-2016, 02:31 AM
Spurs salaries and contracts thread I mentioned these three trades:

Parker for Teague/Sefolosha ( Fits two needs for the Spurs)

Neither New York area teams have lottery picks, and may look for star power right away to satisfy fans as the best two free agent point guards Conley/Rondo don't probably want to play there:

Parker for Grant/Calderon (Young point guard to groom, and Calderon could take the Andre Miller role but younger and better shooter)

Parker for Thaddeus Young (Least desirable.Maybe Sean Marks was the one who gave Parker the extension in the first place :shootme ? Young has an extra year on his contract, and fills a need of having a big man that can score off the bench.)

james evans
05-14-2016, 02:47 AM
well him in this uniform and his antics will guarantee that we won't ever win shit again. The pg position is the deepest in the league. If you actually think a 34 year old pg(35 next season) that can't defend anyone and is inconsistent on offense should continue to start on a championship contender, then I don't know what else to say..

Nbadan
05-14-2016, 02:54 AM
hat can't defend anyone and is inconsistent on offense

he certainly can't defend Westbrook, nor can he defend Curry, nor can he defend Lillard for that matter....

Nbadan
05-14-2016, 03:02 AM

Numbers work, but what is in it for Atanta? ..you would need to sweeten the pot with a first round pick IMO...

ErnestLynch
05-14-2016, 03:05 AM
Everyone wants to trade Tony..dump his guaranteed money..send him to Milwaukee?? really? Give me your best Trade Tony Option....what you got? Remember it's gotta be realistic...

A 1st round draft pick.

td4mvp2k
05-14-2016, 03:09 AM
he certainly can't defend Westbrook, nor can he defend Curry, nor can he defend Lillard for that matter....

nicca should of been shown the door since 2010 tbh

Nbadan
05-14-2016, 03:12 AM
Neither New York area teams have lottery picks, and may look for star power right away to satisfy fans as the best two free agent point guards Conley/Rondo don't probably want to play there:

I don't want anyone on the NY Knicks not named Porzingus..

Nbadan
05-14-2016, 03:19 AM
Parker for Grant/Calderon (Young point guard to groom, and Calderon could take the Andre Miller role but younger and better shooter)

Grant is a project...so your basically trading Parker for Calderon....

spurraider21
05-14-2016, 04:07 AM
Grant is a project...so your basically trading Parker for Calderon....
that would be a heist for us. parker is net negative right now with his salary considered. trading him for 0 would be a gain

05-14-2016, 05:06 AM
Well if the Spurs were willing to trade Parker, it probably won't be too hard. With the cap rising to $92 million, there's going to be a number of teams who need to get past the cap floor. Or at least teams with tons of cap space that miss out on the other FA's and need someone to strengthen the bench.

But the Spurs won't trade Parker due to loyalty. Might just have to wait out the final 2 years.

Ice009
05-14-2016, 05:08 AM

Wow. Nothing to do with your statement, just the thread title made me realize that I've wanted to trade Tony so many times over the years. Some of them were a good idea and some of them were a very bad idea. For example, as far back as 2003 I wanted to trade him for Gary Payton. One of the most recent times was in a draft day trade for Andre Drummond. I thought we needed a mobile big that can rebound and block shots, so Drummond was my target as I thought he had a lot of potential. Not sure if any of those trades would have been good ones or not, probably not, but now that it would be beneficial to trade him, I just don't think we can get anything of value back for him.

TheCerebral1
05-14-2016, 06:44 AM
He could fit a team like New York, Orlando, and a few other Eastern Conference teams. I wouldn't want to dump Tony over money. He's been too important to the team since 2003.

Ice009
05-14-2016, 06:49 AM
He could fit a team like New York, Orlando, and a few other Eastern Conference teams. I wouldn't want to dump Tony over money. He's been too important to the team since 2003.

Well, the Spurs can't go back and re-do his contract so the only option is trying to trade him. His play isn't worth the money he's getting paid. I have no idea why RC extended that contract without first seeing how he played during the 2015 season. Just stupid stuff. I didn't like it at the time, really didn't like it at the end of last season, and now after this season I absolutely hate it.

TheCerebral1
05-14-2016, 07:02 AM
Well, the Spurs can't go back and re-do his contract so the only option is trying to trade him. His play isn't worth the money he's getting paid. I have no idea why RC extended that contract without first seeing how he played during the 2015 season. Just stupid stuff. I didn't like it at the time, really didn't like it at the end of last season, and now after this season I absolutely hate it.

If you can find the right offer, I can agree that he's not the same guy from as recent as 2013-14. But, for the sake of sanity, I want it in the Eastern Conference. Parker would be an upgrade over at least a third of the leagues PG play even at 34, IMO.

Chillen
05-14-2016, 07:57 AM
TBH this team wouldn't be the same without him, his presence. Same can be said for Manu, Duncan, but there is the reality now that the Spurs need to adapt and guys pushing 40 aren't gonna help this Spurs roster get better. So loyalty is a huge part, but also these guys aren't gonna be able to play at the high level the NBA demands forever. Both Duncan, Manu have another year in them but as bench players. Parker is still a starter, but his game is slowly regressing sadly. It's up to the Spurs FO to trade Parker, they wont do it due to loyalty unless it mean't signing Kevin Durant or something.

SpursforSix
05-14-2016, 08:01 AM
That's what I want to find out.......now, by realistic I mean like....Tony for Lillard won't work because Lillard only made 4.2 million this year...

Tony for Lillard AND McCollum

kobyz
05-14-2016, 08:03 AM
Porker, Diaw and picks for Rudy Gay and Darren Collison...

Neurosis
05-14-2016, 08:07 AM
If you can find the right offer, I can agree that he's not the same guy from as recent as 2013-14. But, for the sake of sanity, I want it in the Eastern Conference. Parker would be an upgrade over at least a third of the leagues PG play even at 34, IMO.

I don't think he's an upgrade when you consider contract value.

tholdren
05-14-2016, 08:48 AM
lol.

look_at_g_shred
05-14-2016, 08:49 AM

Parker for Thaddeus Young (Least desirable.Maybe Sean Marks was the one who gave Parker the extension in the first place :shootme ? Young has an extra year on his contract, and fills a need of having a big man that can score off the bench.) how does sefolosha help? Dude can't shoot.

ElNono
05-14-2016, 08:51 AM
Besides the loyalty factor, it would take a gigantic sucker to take on that contract, IMO.

Maybe Jim in Los Angeles or Phil in New York, but it's not a given...

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2016, 08:59 AM
Just get ready for the next extension after next summer when he gets to eat up 18 million for legacy on his last 2 years of his legs.

elemento
05-14-2016, 09:55 AM
To NY for Calderon, O'Quinn and Grant

To ATL for Teague and Splitter.

MultiTroll
05-14-2016, 10:04 AM
The great eye.....check where this site is registered...and you get your mod...
I read "Domain Age" as Average Age.
11.8 :lol

MultiTroll
05-14-2016, 10:13 AM
Just hear me out....
Can an NBA coach be traded?
Yes, he can:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99762&highlight=Coach+traded
Example is Doc Rivers.

Now since many on SpursTalk consider Pop to be the best coach in the NBA, surely there may be some other organizations that think so to. What would a Parker / Pop combo trade get in return?

Strategic
05-14-2016, 10:18 AM
Manu love boys still trying to devalue Tony. Another summer of spurs haters.

Russo21
05-14-2016, 10:38 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z5pjjsh Any chance Milwauke wanna tank and take our 2 frenchies off our hands?

Russo21
05-14-2016, 10:45 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zu372u9 this would kick ass

Gortat
Alrdridge
Leonard
Green
Wall

Washington execs hang up on RC lol but they would be 2 amazing pieces next to Green Leonard and Aldridge

GSH
05-14-2016, 11:06 AM
Isiah Thomas (the elder) is no longer running the show in NY, so the trade possibilities are limited. Someone might offer a sign-and-trade for Jimmer, if the Spurs throw in their first round pick.

Naaahhh.

DarrinS
05-14-2016, 11:10 AM

Nah, his play devalues him.

therealtruth
05-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Bud might be up for TP due to the level of familiarity.

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2016, 11:56 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z5pjjsh Any chance Milwauke wanna tank and take our 2 frenchies off our hands?

I'd take MCW in a heartbeat.. Length, Athletic, good defensive instincts and young.. Tweak his jump shot a little bit and he'd be a good fit.

Darius Bieber
05-14-2016, 11:58 AM
Eh, I'm sure we can probably get a big of chips for him or something. Doubt teams would give away more.

Captivus
05-14-2016, 12:01 PM
What are the chances that nothing happens...???? Same team, next year...

bklynspursfan
05-14-2016, 12:02 PM
He's not being traded. Hate all y'all want, but he's retiring a Spurs unless he wants to leave, which he said he doesnt.

He's done a lot for this team and sacrificed money in the past. Should talk about more realistic options for our team

tholdren
05-14-2016, 12:49 PM
Just hear me out....
Can an NBA coach be traded?
Yes, he can:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99762&highlight=Coach+traded
Example is Doc Rivers.

Now since many on SpursTalk consider Pop to be the best coach in the NBA, surely there may be some other organizations that think so to. What would a Parker / Pop combo trade get in return?

Begs the question: Does it matter?

MaNu4Tres
05-14-2016, 02:27 PM

Parker for Thaddeus Young (Least desirable.Maybe Sean Marks was the one who gave Parker the extension in the first place :shootme ? Young has an extra year on his contract, and fills a need of having a big man that can score off the bench.)

Why would any of those teams trade for Parker? Parker hasn't had star power in over 3 years. That ship has sailed and even though Phil may be slowly becoming senile -- he's not stupid.

ATL? They wouldn't want Tony. They intend on moving forward w/ Schroder starting at PG 30+mpg. It would make no sense for them to want to take on Tony's 30 million to fill in a 15 minute role.

Knicks? Knicks are rebuilding. Why would they give up their young prospect at point guard, who fits perfectly with their current situation (rebuilding)? Why would they give that up to take on an over the hill, overpaid 34 year old point guard 30 million the next two years? Just hold on to Caulderon, who is much cheaper and provides the only valuable thing TP would bring (leadership).

Nets? Nets, like the Knicks, are rebuilding. Makes no sense for them to give up a quality player like Thaddeous Young for a 30 million 34 year old PG when they are so far away from being a playoff team.

gambit1990
05-14-2016, 02:29 PM
:lol

Ditty
05-14-2016, 02:46 PM
Why would any of those teams trade for Parker?

ATL? They wouldn't want Tony. They intend on moving forward w/ Schroder starting at PG 30+mpg. It would make no sense for them to want to take on Tony's 30 million to fill in a 15 minute role.

Knicks? Knicks are rebuilding. Why would they give up their young prospect at point guard, who fits perfectly with their current situation (rebuilding)? Why would they give that up to take on an over the hill, overpaid 34 year old point guard 30 million the next two years? Just hold on to Caulderon, who is much cheaper and provides the only valuable thing TP would bring (leadership).

Nets? Nets, like the Knicks, are rebuilding. Makes no sense for them to give up a quality player like Thaddeous Young for a 30 million 34 year old PG when they are so far away from being a playoff team.

They don't have anyone to back up Schroder, unless they plan on signing a weak free agency point guard to back him up . Buford of course has worked with Parker a lot when he was down here. Parker could take on that sixth man role on a playoff team in the East.

I don't think the New York area fans want to see their teams rebuild, especially with win now players Carmelo and Brook Lopez on their teams . At least get the casual Knicks/Nets fans excited about a past all star joining the team . I don't think Phil Jackson gives a crap either as he wants to go back to LA.

Maybe Sean Marks thinks highly of Parker, the Spurs did give him an extension when he moved to the front office so maybe he was one the one behind that move. As I mentioned also Young has an extra year, and $7 million on his contract compared to Parker's.

MaNu4Tres
05-14-2016, 02:53 PM
They don't have anyone to back up Schroder, unless they plan on signing a weak free agency point guard to back him up . Buford of course has worked with Parker a lot when he was down here. Parker could take on that sixth man role on a playoff team in the East.

I don't think the New York area fans want to see their teams rebuild, especially with win now players Carmelo and Brook Lopez on their teams . At least get the casual Knicks/Nets fans excited about a past all star joining the team . I don't think Phil Jackson gives a crap either as he wants to go back to LA.

Maybe Sean Marks thinks highly of Parker, the Spurs did give him an extension when he moved to the front office so maybe he was one the one behind that move. As I mentioned also Young has an extra year, and $7 million on his contract compared to Parker's.

Bud is a smart guy. Hawks would be better off heading into Free Agency with 15 million extra to spend on back up PG and other parts than to take on Parker's contract to fill in a 15 minute role.

Knicks and Nets won't want Parker for the reasons I mentioned above -- he's past his prime and getting older and most importantly he's owed 30 million the next 2 years. Not with competent and meticulous people in charge, like Phil and Marks in charge. Makes no sense for them to tighten up their potential flexibility by trading for and paying 34 year old Tony Parker 30 million the next two years.

Ditty
05-14-2016, 02:53 PM
how does sefolosha help? Dude can't shoot.

He seemed to shoot, and play well in the Cleveland series. He does fit that 3rd good perimeter defender we need off the bench in limited minutes.

TheGreatYacht
05-14-2016, 02:57 PM
This.

:lol Same faggots shitted on me when I wanted Manure traded in 2013 when he was earning $14,000,000 for being the biggest cancer a team has ever seen....

For Manure its, :cry let him play however long he wants :cry

MaNu4Tres
05-14-2016, 02:58 PM
This.

:lol Same faggots shitted on me when I wanted Manure traded in 2013 when he was earning $14,000,000 for being the biggest cancer a team has ever seen....

For Manure its, :cry let him play however long he wants :cry

Manu had an expiring in 2013. You're an idiot.

TheGreatYacht
05-14-2016, 02:59 PM
Same can be said for Kiwi when it matters lmfao.

But you'll blow the dust off the old cape when someone criticizes him. Nice double standard faggot.

TheGreatYacht
05-14-2016, 03:02 PM
Manu had an expiring in 2013. You're an idiot.
Me and hater wanted him gone before the 8 turnovers, he was having a pathetic season shooting 42%, couldn't hit free throws, couldn't even dribble, and was 35-36 earning that fucking much.

Stephen Jackson got cut that season on an expiring contract for being a piece of shit.

As much as it pains you to admit it, Manu has nothing to offer now. Just look at his last game of his career.

Kikoluna
05-14-2016, 03:04 PM
This is ironic, how about for a guy in Toronto named Corey Ephram Joseph? Still remember that iconic dunk over Ibaka that said , "if it bleeds, we can kill it". Bring him back

DarrinS
05-14-2016, 03:06 PM
Me and hater wanted him gone before the 8 turnovers, he was having a pathetic season shooting 42%, couldn't hit free throws, couldn't even dribble, and was 35-36 earning that fucking much.

Stephen Jackson got cut that season on an expiring contract for being a piece of shit.

As much as it pains you to admit it, Manu has nothing to offer now. Just look at his last game of his career.

Yeah, this thread isn't about Manu.

TheGreatYacht
05-14-2016, 03:07 PM
:cry Yeah, this thread isn't about Manu. :cry
Fixed.

elemento
05-14-2016, 03:08 PM
This is ironic, how about for a guy in Toronto named Corey Ephram Joseph? Still remember that iconic dunk over Ibaka that said , "if it bleeds, we can kill it". Bring him back

SA had to let him go to sign Aldridge. I doubt TOR would have any interest to trade him. They like him.

Skoobz
05-14-2016, 03:23 PM
As much as I do like Tpark.....no one is taking on that contract for a negative return.

TXstbobcat
05-14-2016, 06:26 PM
As much as I do like Tpark.....no one is taking on that contract for a negative return.

spurs would have to throw in a 1st round pick to entice another team to take on Parkers salary.

Skoobz
05-14-2016, 06:37 PM
spurs would have to throw in a 1st round pick to entice another team to take on Parkers salary.
Geez man I'm not even sure that is a given considering the length/$$ that Parker is owed and his steady decline. I honestly think he's not going anywhere.

SASdynasty!
05-14-2016, 10:09 PM
Everyone...except myself and the Spurs organization.

SouthernFried
05-14-2016, 10:23 PM
Tony is terrible without TIM and MANU. Tim would set great screens for him and MANU would take over in critical moments.

I don't think you have to trade Parker for anyone. Just getting rid of his Salary would do more to help this team than anything else. But, I don't see any of this happening. It is going to be a very painful couple of years with Tony as the starting PG.

TXstbobcat
05-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Those that think Parker will be traded are living in fantasyland. Not going to happen. Spurs are stuck with Parker and the remaining 30 million left on his contract.

MVPCues
05-14-2016, 10:56 PM
What are the chances that nothing happens...???? Same team, next year...

Zero.

SD126
05-15-2016, 12:26 AM
None...because the other 29 NBA teams are smart enough not to add this bench warmer who is guaranteed 30 million over the next two seasons.

palangi
05-15-2016, 02:08 AM
I think that the 76ers are our best trade option. They have tons of cap space. They are extremely young. Have a coach who used to be in the spurs system and runs our system. They don't have a PG of the future on the team. So tony can step in and be the veteran leader and try to help develop a future guy in the next two years. Also help with the offensive system. Boris Diaw also gets thrown in as well to help out the younger guys and the second unit.
So Philly gets Tony and Diaw
We get one of their 3 first round picks, #24. We also get Jerami Grant thrown in too. A young athletic SF to help out Kawhi. They have Covington who starts already and Hollis Thompson. They also have the first pick and will take either Simmons or Ingram who can play the SF too.

We take our first round pick, #29, and Kyle Anderson and trade them to Boston for Marcus Smart and 2 of their 5 second round picks (#35 and #45). Giving them 4 first rounders now and 3 second rounders. Boston has Isaiah Thomas starting at PG and Avery Bradley who can also play it. They also drafted Terry Rozier last year. So Smart might be available. Smart brings a tough guy and an attitude that we need a little of. and he is young (23), and has good size (6'4" with a 6'10 wingspan) and athleticism.

Free agency-
The one guy we go after is Jokim Noah. A true center to play next to Aldridge.
Boban is also brought back

Europe guys-
Davis Bertans is brought over to be the stretch 4 off the bench.
Either LJC or Cady Lalanne comes as the 3rd PF. a young athletic big here.

Retirement- Duncan, Manu, and West all retire.
Draft-
1. Caris Levert PG/SG 6'7"- a Shaun Livingston type PG. Great length and height. has very good handles and can shoot well too.

2. Aj Hammonds C 7'- a true 7'er with good athleticism and length. Can also shoot very well and has potential to be a defensive stud. Can learn and develop behind Noah.

3. Wayne Selden SG 6'5"- has very good length with a 6'10.5" wingspan. A tough kid that has very good athleticism. Is a good shooter also. Potential to be a very good 3 and D type player.

PG- Smart, Mills, Levert
SG- Green, Selden, Simmons
SF- Leonard, Grant
PF- Aldridge, Bertans, LJC/Lalanne
C- Noah, Hammonds, Boban

kobyz
05-15-2016, 02:42 AM
I think that the 76ers are our best trade option. They have tons of cap space. They are extremely young. Have a coach who used to be in the spurs system and runs our system. They don't have a PG of the future on the team. So tony can step in and be the veteran leader and try to help develop a future guy in the next two years. Also help with the offensive system. Boris Diaw also gets thrown in as well to help out the younger guys and the second unit.
We get one of their 3 first round picks, #24. We also get Jerami Grant thrown in too. A young athletic SF to help out Kawhi. They have Covington who starts already and Hollis Thompson. They also have the first pick and will take either Simmons or Ingram who can play the SF too.

We take our first round pick, #29, and Kyle Anderson and trade them to Boston for Marcus Smart and 2 of their 5 second round picks (#35 and #45). Giving them 4 first rounders now and 3 second rounders. Boston has Isaiah Thomas starting at PG and Avery Bradley who can also play it. They also drafted Terry Rozier last year. So Smart might be available. Smart brings a tough guy and an attitude that we need a little of. and he is young (23), and has good size (6'4" with a 6'10 wingspan) and athleticism.

Free agency-

Europe guys-

Draft-
1. Caris Levert PG/SG 6'7"- a Shaun Livingston type PG. Great length and height. has very good handles and can shoot well too.

2. Aj Hammonds C 7'- a true 7'er with good athleticism and length. Can also shoot very well and has potential to be a defensive stud. Can learn and develop behind Noah.

3. Wayne Selden SG 6'5"- has very good length with a 6'10.5" wingspan. A tough kid that has very good athleticism. Is a good shooter also. Potential to be a very good 3 and D type player.

PG- Smart, Mills, Levert
SF- Leonard, Grant
C- Noah, Hammonds, Boban

Lol Boston trading Smart for nothing...

palangi
05-15-2016, 02:55 AM
LOL at your reading IQ and small dick!

AFMadison
05-15-2016, 06:00 AM
MCW

AFMadison
05-15-2016, 06:02 AM
Those that think Parker will be traded are living in fantasyland. Not going to happen. Spurs are stuck with Parker and the remaining 30 million left on his contract.

Ocotillo
05-15-2016, 07:26 AM
My thought is he does not get traded, especially this offseason as his contract is for two more years. Unless someone like Philly wants veteran leadership and a mentor for a younger point guard, it makes no sense for another team to trade for him. The best thing is if Manu retires, he is moved to 6th man to fill Manu's shoes and we find someone to start at the 1 (easier said than done). Next season, maybe someone trades for him to get the expiring contract.

DMC
05-15-2016, 12:48 PM
Only thing I could possibly imagine for this would be a multi-team deal where Tony ends up in LA. They lack a vet presence and Tony would provide that for them. Luke know's Steve's system which is a hybrid of Pop and Phil (Tex Winter) systems. LA doesn't have any pieces to trade us, maybe some picks, but there could be a situation where a team like Portland wants something from LA and in turn we get something from Portland and LA gets Tony.

I don't see it.

TheGoldStandard
05-15-2016, 01:01 PM
It's really going to chap some asses when the Spurs decide to re-up him again after his contract expires next season and they throw 36/2 at him.

tonight...you
05-15-2016, 03:26 PM
Amnesty and stretch.

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 03:27 PM
Who could fix my account? I can't start threads, can't access my profile and edit, i want my account to be fixed or delated...

:lmao

The mods disabled your thread creating and other features cause you're a shitty poster.

SD126
05-15-2016, 04:19 PM
He's not gong anywhere. No one is stupid enough to take on a bench warmer owed 30 mil over two years. Stop.

RD2191
05-15-2016, 04:33 PM
Spurs aren't trading Parker. They wouldn't even cut that fat uselesa piece of shit Bonner. You seriously think they'd trade a member of the big 3? Gtfo. Our only hope is that Parker is willing to take a bench role and be a 6th man of sorts.

Russ
05-15-2016, 04:48 PM

None of those guys could defend each other, either.

Tony Parker is very tradeable. He is not "cap trash."

The Spurs would not have to sweeten the pot to trade TP, they would get something back in return.

Is that the question asked by this thread? If not that, then what?

kaji157
05-15-2016, 05:15 PM
None of those guys could defend each other, either.

Tony Parker is very tradeable. He is not "cap trash."

The Spurs would not have to sweeten the pot to trade TP, they would get something back in return.

Is that the question asked by this thread? If not that, then what?

I agree, his contract may be shit to us but there are teams out there that need some of the things Tony can still provide.

His skills just don`t fit this team anymore.

BackHome
05-15-2016, 05:42 PM
Yep when the big pay scale goes up your going to see some really shitty contracts that makes Parker look OH SO GOOD>.......

tim_duncan_fan
05-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Can a contract be "restructured" so that a player can flat out take less money? Not just spread the amount over more years, but overwrite the original contract so that the amount of the contract can be lowered?

If that's possible, that's what we need to convince Tony and the team to do. His contract is really gonna hurt us otherwise. And there would be no trading him even if he wasn't a historic player because everyone can see that he is only slightly less done than Tim and Manu.

Emperor
05-15-2016, 06:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hgpfhbu

CGD
05-15-2016, 06:59 PM
Boris/TP to ATL
Teague/Splitter + pick to SA

CGD
05-15-2016, 07:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hgpfhbu

Lol

dbreiden83080
05-15-2016, 07:01 PM
well him in this uniform and his antics will guarantee that we won't ever win shit again. The pg position is the deepest in the league. If you actually think a 34 year old pg(35 next season) that can't defend anyone and is inconsistent on offense should continue to start on a championship contender, then I don't know what else to say..

Who are you bringing in that is so much better? Sounds like you want a superstar, I don't think the Clips are dealing for him straight up..

FireMicoHalili
05-15-2016, 07:27 PM
FWIW, Teague or Schröder are available since both want to start

jimbo
05-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Boris/TP to ATL
Teague/Splitter + pick to SA

We'd have to give them picks. Boris when he's not giving a shit is probably worse than an injured Tiago :lol.

Teague > Parker.

SupremeGuy
05-15-2016, 08:40 PM
He is not getting traded, nor should he be. He has played, and earned the right to finish his career in this uniform.So we can waste Leonard and LMA? Are you fucking stupid?

K...
05-15-2016, 08:44 PM
So we can waste Leonard and LMA? Are you fucking stupid?

Parker isn't some evil spirit.. As soon as we get a starting quality pg he's gone. Because this team can't suspend the fucking cba it must make hard choices. Those choices might result in the least bad option being starting Parker. Please acknowledge basic logic. I don't want to make the same comments ever second page.

Contracts can't be restructured. Stop suggesting it.

K...
05-15-2016, 08:47 PM
Regarding trade ability....consider that Parker isn't the only bad player out there. Parker is very tradable for another bad asset.

Now as most of y'all know, this team doesn't need bad players. But if you insist on a trade for good players you will probably be denied by the other team.

LkrFan
05-15-2016, 08:53 PM

This. He's easily the most accomplished PG of his era. The nerve of some of you Spur Fans. :lol

SupremeGuy
05-15-2016, 09:07 PM
Notice how the majority of the people who want us to hold on to parker till the end of his contract are fans of other teams, trolls, or jingoistic frenchies.

ffadicted
05-15-2016, 09:07 PM
Parker is here to stay tbqh, nobody would trade his skills for that contract, it was a lifetime achievement contract tbh of which he totally deserved

It sucks because that's 2 years of LMA/KL prime we're wasting 15 million on but what are you gonna do... Tony is family

james evans
05-15-2016, 10:55 PM
Who are you bringing in that is so much better? Sounds like you want a superstar, I don't think the Clips are dealing for him straight up..
u don't need a superstar. U just need a pg that can somewhat stay in front of their assignment on offense and not be hit and a pg that knows he's a pg. Doesn't have to be a superstar for those things.

james evans
05-15-2016, 10:56 PM
He doesn't have to be traded, but we aint winning shit with him starting. That's a fact.

FireMicoHalili
05-15-2016, 11:01 PM
people overestimate Bobo's value. He works well only in limited and very specific situations. There's a reason Charlotte cut him. He's trade fodder at best to teams who have no idea how to use him. Parker's championship experience, veteran leadership, and above average mid-range game can find value around the league but the Spurs will be hard-pressed to find takers for a PG with dwindling athletic abilities and a mediocre stroke from deep, especially with that kind of contract. Mills' value fizzled in the playoffs.

kobyz
05-16-2016, 12:03 AM

The mods disabled your thread creating and other features cause you're a shitty poster.

It's not fair, no reason to do this, at least should give warning first, what they did to my account jinxed the spurs, they shouldn't did it...

Ditty
05-16-2016, 12:38 AM
It seems like the Spurs want to go the route of moving Parker to the bench to take over that Manu role from what it sounds like in the recent interest in Conley. In which it's going to be very difficult to replicate because Manu could play, and guard three positions and was a much better playmaker even past his prime. Parker has a hard time guarding his own position hate to say that. Unless Durant lists the players in his meeting with the Spurs of who he wants to play with and Green is on that list, and Parker isn't then I think Green will be the preferred guy to traded by PATFO imo. I don't think the Spurs will entertain the deal of getting rid of Parker unless they get someone(s) that help now and in the future. I can't wait until the draft, and free agency starts. Even if they're some nice american players that could help especially athletically when we pick. If they go international again, I think they're going after big names in free agency again imo.

Clipper Nation
05-16-2016, 11:01 AM
Regarding trade ability....consider that Parker isn't the only bad player out there. Parker is very tradable for another bad asset.

Now as most of y'all know, this team doesn't need bad players. But if you insist on a trade for good players you will probably be denied by the other team.
Porker fan logic: "MVParker is the head of the snake, a superstar, the alpha! But we can't trade him because nobody else wants him."

K...
05-16-2016, 12:51 PM
Porker fan logic: "MVParker is the head of the snake, a superstar, the alpha! But we can't trade him because nobody else wants him."

Porker hater logic? " spurs should violate the cba and renegotiate the contract" " we should trade our pg.at all costs regardless of whether we have a competent ball handler to replace him....100% addition via subtraction" "Patty mills can totally run the point"

Godbama
05-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Notice how the majority of the people who want us to hold on to parker till the end of his contract are fans of other teams, trolls, or jingoistic frenchies.

wildbill2u
05-16-2016, 01:47 PM
There are no realistic trade options in the last four pages--and most of the Parker haters weighed in with comments on his weight, lost a step, no defense, penchant for isos, etc.

But they never came up with a good option, much less a realistic option. Parker is aging but we have no in-house replacement and no trades on the horizon that make sense. So fuggeddaboutit!

We have to forget about LMA & Kwahi winning the championship using ISO hero ball. That means Pop has to develop an offense around a new Big 3, letting Parker go back to more shooting responsibility and options since the other options (Green & Patty) can't hack it. Maybe we can integrate LMA and Kwahi into a new version of the Beautiful game.

And we will definitely need to upgrade our Center bigs for more rebounding. Otherwise we have no basketballs to put into any PGs hands.

Brazil
05-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Realistically you sign a PG and start Parker off the bench

DPG21920
05-16-2016, 03:47 PM

Even though Manu did it in his prime & Tim has been a great teammate/player and taken a lesser role, I still don't believe TP would be OK with that.

We will see. I feel like in TP's mind he still feels he's a starter and with all he had to go through to earn that starters spot in his young days, I don't think he will be open to coming off the bench. It makes some sense for sure, and perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think he would be on Manu/Tim's level of engagement in a lesser role.

DPG21920
05-16-2016, 04:05 PM
In thinking about it, maybe Pop telling TP he needs to come off of the bench (if indeed SA gets a viable PG option to start) is what allows SA to trade TP if it comes to that.

Spurs can't just ship him out (especially if Tim/Manu retire - or heck, even if they don't). They will need TP to publicly request a trade or at least have credible sources say Pop asked TP to be a bench player, TP was not ok, so they were OK with seeking a trade so he could start somewhere.

K...
05-16-2016, 04:10 PM
Other way around.start Parker but let bench pg finish once lma and kawhi get their iso touches.

Having a new pg start without knowing the system is dumb, however later in the game once everyone is in rhythm the system will be less important. If only patty wasn't a huge defensive liability and a pathetic passer this world have happened more this year.

DPG21920
05-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Other way around.start Parker but let bench pg finish once lma and kawhi get their iso touches.

Having a new pg start without knowing the system is dumb, however later in the game once everyone is in rhythm the system will be less important. If only patty wasn't a huge defensive liability and a pathetic passer this world have happened more this year.

It's not dumb at all if SA gets the right PG. Sure, it will come with some bumps and bruises, just like when TP was handed the keys as a 19 year old, but it's about the long-term within next season.

It would not have to be immediately either. Could come half way through the season; the point remains.

AFMadison
05-16-2016, 04:13 PM
LA Cripples

Snaq O'Meal
05-16-2016, 04:15 PM

They wont be able to sign a decent starter at PG if a bench player takes up $14M in cap space.

If Parker is untradeable because of his contract, he will still start at PG. The front office may simply shore up the roster weaknesses by signing cheaper players. And there are effective ones who are available without breaking the bank. Like former targets Pau Gasol and Gustavo Ayon at the PF/C slots. Jeremy Lin as the backup PG. And Matt Barnes as the insurance at backup wing if they continue experimenting with Simmons and Anderson.

If Parker is retained all through the end of his contract, his true value may be in recruiting Rudy Gobert when the latter becomes available.

Brazil
05-16-2016, 04:34 PM
Even though Manu did it in his prime & Tim has been a great teammate/player and taken a lesser role, I still don't believe TP would be OK with that.

We will see. I feel like in TP's mind he still feels he's a starter and with all he had to go through to earn that starters spot in his young days, I don't think he will be open to coming off the bench. It makes some sense for sure, and perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think he would be on Manu/Tim's level of engagement in a lesser role.

In thinking about it, maybe Pop telling TP he needs to come off of the bench (if indeed SA gets a viable PG option to start) is what allows SA to trade TP if it comes to that.

Spurs can't just ship him out (especially if Tim/Manu retire - or heck, even if they don't). They will need TP to publicly request a trade or at least have credible sources say Pop asked TP to be a bench player, TP was not ok, so they were OK with seeking a trade so he could start somewhere.

I believe Parker will be fine coming off the bench and even if he was not it's not like Pop would let him the choice if he thinks it is the best for the team. Parker is a lot of stuff but not stupid, he pretty much realized he past his prime and would benefit from playing off the bench.

Parker repeated over and over he wants to retire as a Spurs, this is one the thing is most proud: being a Spurs for all his career. There is no scenario where they could make him ask for a trade, no one.

Brazil
05-16-2016, 04:42 PM
They wont be able to sign a decent starter at PG if a bench player takes up $14M in cap space.

If Parker is untradeable because of his contract, he will still start at PG. The front office may simply shore up the roster weaknesses by signing cheaper players. And there are effective ones who are available without breaking the bank. Like former targets Pau Gasol and Gustavo Ayon at the PF/C slots. Jeremy Lin as the backup PG. And Matt Barnes as the insurance at backup wing if they continue experimenting with Simmons and Anderson.

If Parker is retained all through the end of his contract, his true value may be in recruiting Rudy Gobert when the latter becomes available.

:rolleyes There are a lot of players playing off the bench for 14 M starting with Manu who played for 14 M off the bench at 35 y/o and the cap space was much lower.

skulls138
05-16-2016, 04:49 PM
There are no realistic trade options in the last four pages--and most of the Parker haters weighed in with comments on his weight, lost a step, no defense, penchant for isos, etc.

But they never came up with a good option, much less a realistic option. Parker is aging but we have no in-house replacement and no trades on the horizon that make sense. So fuggeddaboutit!

We have to forget about LMA & Kwahi winning the championship using ISO hero ball. That means Pop has to develop an offense around a new Big 3, letting Parker go back to more shooting responsibility and options since the other options (Green & Patty) can't hack it. Maybe we can integrate LMA and Kwahi into a new version of the Beautiful game.

And we will definitely need to upgrade our Center bigs for more rebounding. Otherwise we have no basketballs to put into any PGs hands.Parker cant hack it either and its because of age. On the contrary, he needs to become an even bigger facilitator than he was this season. And I agree we need to go back to passing the ball to find the open three. I think thats the biggest reason for Patty's and Greens decline and its not so wearing on Kawhi.

Snaq O'Meal
05-16-2016, 04:54 PM
:rolleyes There are a lot of players playing off the bench for 14 M starting with Manu who played for 14 M off the bench at 35 y/o and the cap space was much lower.

$14M per year or $14.5M for 2 years? There's a massive difference between the two.

DPG21920
05-16-2016, 04:56 PM
I believe Parker will be fine coming off the bench and even if he was not it's not like Pop would let him the choice if he thinks it is the best for the team. Parker is a lot of stuff but not stupid, he pretty much realized he past his prime and would benefit from playing off the bench.

Parker repeated over and over he wants to retire as a Spurs, this is one the thing is most proud: being a Spurs for all his career. There is no scenario where they could make him ask for a trade, no one.

We will see. I hope so. I think he deserves to be a Spur until he's done & want him to be. I hope he's ok transitioning into a bench player as that would be a big help (assuming SA finds a starting caliber PG).

spurtech09
05-16-2016, 05:06 PM
Tony Parker will remain a Spur intill he is 40.

eric365
05-16-2016, 05:15 PM
The only realistic scenario for me is him retiring before the end of his contract
His 2 main motivations were to keep playing with tim and manu and stay in shape for the 2016 olympics

If Tim and Manu retires and Tony keeps declining I think he'll retire next year
Why should he care about the money?

eric365
05-16-2016, 05:18 PM
And It would be nice for the big 3 to retire together and going in the hof the same year together
tony would like that IMO

NameLess Scrub
05-16-2016, 05:32 PM

Basically this. He will never get traded or anything else.

And It would be nice for the big 3 to retire together and going in the hof the same year together
tony would like that IMO

This might be a possibility.

da_suns_fan
05-16-2016, 05:53 PM
I'd trade him for a nice watch:

http://candieanderson.com/images/2013/02/Tony-Parker-shows-off-his-Tissot-watch.-Image-courtesy-of-Tissot--565x334.png

tholdren
05-16-2016, 06:00 PM
It's not fair, no reason to do this, at least should give warning first, what they did to my account jinxed the spurs, they shouldn't did it...
censorship from the man. its cool bro, just use your other account

SupremeGuy
05-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Porker fan logic: "MVParker is the head of the snake, a superstar, the alpha! But we can't trade him because nobody else wants him.":lol

james evans
05-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Tony Parker will remain a Spur intill he is 40.
Sadly, I actually believe this. And it's 6 more years of 2nd or WCF exits with him starting

TheGreatYacht
05-16-2016, 07:45 PM
Sadly, I actually believe this. And it's 6 more years of 2nd or WCF exits with him starting
If Kiwi continues to be the first option, absolutely.

james evans
05-16-2016, 08:11 PM
If Kiwi continues to be the first option, absolutely.
so parker should be the first option?

cjw
05-16-2016, 10:25 PM
KD pulling a Parker right now by chucking and missing.

If Parker in fact wants to play to 40, he'll definitely be relegated to the bench by the end of his career. Also at a much cheaper cost. Against lesser defenders, he can actually still be productive against other teams benches.

Brazil
05-16-2016, 10:42 PM
$14M per year or $14.5M for 2 years? There's a massive difference between the two.

If I'm not mistaken he had a 14 M year before the two years 14M.. He was 35

Brazil
05-16-2016, 10:44 PM
We will see. I hope so. I think he deserves to be a Spur until he's done & want him to be. I hope he's ok transitioning into a bench player as that would be a big help (assuming SA finds a starting caliber PG).

He will be fine with that tbh... If Spurs can sign a young guy, he will ease transition and mentor

Snaq O'Meal
05-16-2016, 11:11 PM
If I'm not mistaken he had a 14 M year before the two years 14M.. He was 35

Manu was paid $7.5M when he was 35 and $7M when he was 36.

Source: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/manu-ginobili/

Saying he was paid $14M when he was 35 is blatantly inflating that figure by almost 100%.

HI-FI
05-16-2016, 11:32 PM
He will be fine with that tbh... If Spurs can sign a young guy, he will ease transition and mentor
You think so? I could see him pouting and then Pop caving in for his favorite son imo. If Parker is cool with coming off the bench, that would be great.

palangi
05-16-2016, 11:54 PM
I'm changing my draft from this layout.

Free agency-

Europe guys-

Draft-
1. Wayne Baldwin PG- a big physical PG. can play good defense. is a good shooter. and has good athleticism. can finish at the rim. Not soft layups
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mDMcyVhDps)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mDMcyVhDps

2. Wayne Selden SG 6'5"- has very good length with a 6'10.5" wingspan. A tough kid that has very good athleticism. Is a good shooter also. Potential to be a very good 3 and D type player. Has a tough personality and is aggressive. we need more guys like this. can finish at the rim. Not soft layups.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFChabQ8Ym0

2. Prince Ibeh C 6'11"- Great athlete. Great rim protector and rebounder. has a short range hook game on offense. but most of his production comes from alley oops and putbacks. But we need some athleticism and a guy that can rock the rim. Has an incredible wing span too(7'5.5") and a great standing reach at 9'4.5". he has enough quickness to guard out on the edge too. Not just a down low guy. but can really help on pick and rolls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PInozFInqvw

PG- Smart, Baldwin, Mills
SF- Leonard, Grant
C- Noah, Ibeh, Boban

Nbadan
05-17-2016, 02:18 AM
The one guy we go after is Jokim Noah. A true center to play next to Aldridge

You think Noah is gonna give the Spurs more options than Gasol? Isn't Matt Barnes sorta like a cheaper Noah?

Nbadan
05-17-2016, 02:19 AM

Only if the price is right...I would prefer a big guy with more versatility and possible up-side like Plumlee

Brazil
05-17-2016, 05:24 AM

Saying he was paid $14M when he was 35 is blatantly inflating that figure by almost 100%.

and you are blatantly an idiot, he received a salary of 14M in season 2012 -2013. He is born in 1977, do the math

Brazil
05-17-2016, 05:28 AM
You think so? I could see him pouting and then Pop caving in for his favorite son imo. If Parker is cool with coming off the bench, that would be great.

He always praised Manu for doing just that his whole career.. Dude is proud to be part of a team that put ego in check and to accept whatever role pop has for him. so yeah I think he will be fine. Coming off the bench would be good for him and for the Spurs imho

timtonymanu
05-17-2016, 05:35 AM
He always praised Manu for doing just that his whole career.. Dude is proud to be part of a team that put ego in check and to accept whatever role pop has for him. so yeah I think he will be fine. Coming off the bench would be good for him and for the Spurs imho

Yep. They won't trade him and he's obviously not a good fit in the starting lineup anymore especially since the top teams all have PGs in their prime.

coming off the bench would be the best option especially since Manu won't return.

Chinook
05-17-2016, 06:18 AM

The Spurs needing cap space makes this a completely different issue. When they were free to be over the cap, they could afford to pay guys like Jefferson and Jack eight figures or pay McDyess three million bucks not to play. Since the Spurs have too many holes to stay over the cap, They can't afford to commit so much money to one position. And having Mills making $3.5 Million or whatever to be a third-stringer would only make matters worse.

The issue is, the team isn't going to find many guys who can push Parker to the bench while still being cheap enough to not have them commit that money. Had they kept Joseph, maybe that would have been the plan. The only one I can think of now is Clarkson. Maybe Jrue in a trade, but I dunno if I'd give up a lot of value given his injury history. People are getting paid this summer.

Brazil
05-17-2016, 07:16 AM
The Spurs needing cap space makes this a completely different issue. When they were free to be over the cap, they could afford to pay guys like Jefferson and Jack eight figures or pay McDyess three million bucks not to play. Since the Spurs have too many holes to stay over the cap, They can't afford to commit so much money to one position. And having Mills making $3.5 Million or whatever to be a third-stringer would only make matters worse.

The issue is, the team isn't going to find many guys who can push Parker to the bench while still being cheap enough to not have them commit that money. Had they kept Joseph, maybe that would have been the plan. The only one I can think of now is Clarkson. Maybe Jrue in a trade, but I dunno if I'd give up a lot of value given his injury history. People are getting paid this summer.

In 2012-2013, they had Jax at 10 M off the bench and Manu 14 M off the bench, Danny was starting at SG at 3,5 M, that's 24 M only with those two but yes I'm aware Kawhi was cheap at that time. Nevertheless Cap space is gonna be much larger, so TP's contract won't hurt as much as in the past. Remaining "Big" contracts off the bench are Boris at 6M iirc and patty at 3-4M. Spurs have holes but mainly C and PG if we consider TP needs to come off the bench.

Now truth is you are right decent PGs are around 8-10 M, I don't see Conley coming for much less than that. So yeah it's not an easy equation but does not mean it cannot be done

Chinook
05-17-2016, 07:24 AM
In 2012-2013, they had Jax at 10 M off the bench and Manu 14 M off the bench, Danny was starting at SG at 3,5 M, that's 24 M only with those two but yes I'm aware Kawhi was cheap at that time. Nevertheless Cap space is gonna be much larger, so TP's contract won't hurt as much as in the past. Remaining "Big" contracts off the bench are Boris at 6M iirc and patty at 3-4M. Spurs have holes but mainly C and PG if we consider TP needs to come off the bench.

Now truth is you are right decent PGs are around 8-10 M, I don't see Conley coming for much less than that. So yeah it's not an easy equation but does not mean it cannot be done

Conley's going to get maxed out. That's $26 Million. Add in Parker's $14.5 Million and Patty's $3.5 Million, and that's $44 Million in one position. That's crazy-different than 2012-2013, where the four wings combined for $29.4 Million. It's not remotely similar.

Brazil
05-17-2016, 07:42 AM
Conley's going to get maxed out. That's $26 Million. Add in Parker's $14.5 Million and Patty's $3.5 Million, and that's $44 Million in one position. That's crazy-different than 2012-2013, where the four wings combined for $29.4 Million. It's not remotely similar.

I did not follow Conley at all so I'm a bit surprised that he could be maxed out... that would be crazy but I trust your insight. Now if it is the case obviously its a no go for the Spurs.

Chinook
05-17-2016, 07:45 AM
I did not follow Conley at all so I'm a bit surprised that he could be maxed out... that would be crazy but I trust your insight. Now if it is the case obviously its a no go for the Spurs.

Yeah. It's a product of this summer. He might take slightly less to go to a good situation, but he'll be making at least $20 Million. If he were in the $8-10 Million range, this thread would have a completely different timbre.

Maddog
05-17-2016, 07:48 AM

I can't see Conley getting maxed out. He's good, but not that good. But, I've been surprised before.

Brazil
Yeah. It's a product of this summer. He might take slightly less to go to a good situation, but he'll be making at least $20 Million. If he were in the $8-10 Million range, this thread would have a completely different timbre.

if they give 20 M at Conley, Parker 14M is almost a steal :lol

Brazil

I thought he would go for around 40 M 4 years or something tbh

Escawun3
05-17-2016, 08:19 AM
Would Memphis sign and trade Conley for Tony and Patty?

TheDoctor
05-17-2016, 08:53 AM
PG- Smart, Baldwin, Mills
SF- Leonard, Grant
C- Noah, Ibeh, Boban

Dude Smart and Noah are trash, dumpster-fire type of trash. To that level. TP's a better option and Noah can't stay healthy. He is Tiago's new coming.

DarrinS
05-17-2016, 08:56 AM
You think Noah is gonna give the Spurs more options than Gasol? Isn't Matt Barnes sorta like a cheaper Noah?

Wtf?

Chingo Bling
05-17-2016, 08:59 AM
Would Memphis sign and trade Conley for Tony and Patty?

This! Por favor, Memphis. Give the Spurs 1 pg for 2! I only hope the Spurs are smart enough to start giving away their depth for the unknown.

No mames, buey

SASdynasty!
05-17-2016, 10:22 AM
Nope, just know that Parker (as was said above) is the most accomplished PG of his era by far. He's sent home countless other PGs for decades all the way back to Gary Payton, Marbury, Kidd, Fisher, Nash, Billups, Bibby, Iverson, Harris, Jason & Deron Williams to CP3, Westbrook, Lilliard, Conley, Curry, etc. in the modern era. He's knocked so many elite PGs out of the playoffs it's really not even funny at this point.

He's still valuable in the sense that the Spurs haven't lost a playoff series in the last 4 years where Parker led the team in scoring (6-0 over that stretch). I'm not saying he needs to lead the team in scoring again...I get we need to transition, but we all see what happens when your best offensive creator (by far) only gets 6-8 shots a game.

mo7888
05-17-2016, 01:02 PM
There are just so many ways this can go. A few teams would value what TP brings and would give something for veteran leadership. Milwaukee, Philly, possibly Utah and Orlando come to mind. Indy might be interested too but, it's hard to see a trade that works for both teams there. I think there are workable deals that can be made and would benefit both teams. A different approach (if we can't sign Conley) is to go after MCW without including TP....Something like our 1st and Mills or KA for MCW. He's young, athletic, has length, and is unselfish.

Kawhitstorm
05-17-2016, 02:03 PM
Nope, just know that Parker (as was said above) is the most accomplished PG of his era by far. He's sent home countless other PGs for decades all the way back to Gary Payton, Marbury, Kidd, Fisher, Nash, Billups, Bibby, Iverson, Harris, Jason & Deron Williams to CP3, Westbrook, Lilliard, Conley, Curry, etc. in the modern era. He's knocked so many elite PGs out of the playoffs it's really not even funny at this point.

Porker "knocked out" countless PGs while being a NET negative, Speedy Claxton is rolling over in his grave.:lmao

MaNu4Tres
05-17-2016, 02:07 PM
If Parker is traded it will be through a sign and trade deal for Conley.

Grizzlies still have competitive pieces and they wouldn't be able to replace Conley with a better piece than Parker in free agency.

itzsoweezee
05-17-2016, 02:52 PM
if they give 20 M at Conley, Parker 14M is almost a steal :lol

No, it's not. One is a legit starting point guard. The other can't be relied on for more than 15-20 minutes.

Brazil
05-17-2016, 03:04 PM
No, it's not. One is a legit starting point guard. The other can't be relied on for more than 15-20 minutes.

cute

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2016, 04:06 PM
Manutards are hilarious lmfao

palangi
05-17-2016, 07:50 PM
Dude Smart and Noah are trash, dumpster-fire type of trash. To that level. TP's a better option and Noah can't stay healthy. He is Tiago's new coming.
Trash? I don't think you know. And if Noah does get hurt that is why Ibeh is drafted and Boban is retained.

don't be so short-sighted.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-17-2016, 08:20 PM

He's still valuable in the sense that the Spurs haven't lost a playoff series in the last 4 years where Parker led the team in scoring (6-0 over that stretch). I'm not saying he needs to lead the team in scoring again...I get we need to transition, but we all see what happens when your best offensive creator (by far) only gets 6-8 shots a game.

Yup. Between about 2006 and 2012, TP was a top 4 PG along with CP3, Nash and DWill. Those 4 dominated that period, and TP regularly handed the others their heads in head-to-head matchups. Go back and watch some of those games and you'll see what we mean.

As for now, he's clearly a spent force as a starter. He'd be ideal as 6th man, but clogs up the cap. Still, there's no way the Spurs will trade him - it's just not a Spursian thing to do - so let's hope we can snag a starting PG (like Conley, Teague or even Collison as a cheap option), or someone we can potentially make into a quality starting PG (liike MCW), from somewhere and move TP to the bench. Otherwise it will be a painful two years once we reach the playoffs.

TheDoctor
05-17-2016, 09:15 PM
Trash? I don't think you know. And if Noah does get hurt that is why Ibeh is drafted and Boban is retained.

don't be so short-sighted.
Ok. I should have said that Smart is not what the Spurs need right now. He's better than Kyle and a good defender but offensively he's too inconsistent and unreliable. Specifically from 3pt range which is arguably one of the Spurs needs right now and a "must fix" deficiency for next season.

cd98
05-17-2016, 09:21 PM
I think Parker could be a killer in the second unit. He doesn't mesh well with Kawhi, but he could control the 2nd unit.

palangi
05-17-2016, 11:29 PM
Ok. I should have said that Smart is not what the Spurs need right now. He's better than Kyle and a good defender but offensively he's too inconsistent and unreliable. Specifically from 3pt range which is arguably one of the Spurs needs right now and a "must fix" deficiency for next season.
I think an athletic PG who can defend and rebound would help too. Maybe some work from the shot doctor would make him more consistent. Either way Smart is a scorer and get to the hoop and can finish strong. I wouldn't say he isn't what the Spurs need, but maybe exactly what they need? Some attitude and toughness.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=laIXeC2mk2k

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-17-2016, 11:43 PM
Why would Boston trade Smart to us? They love him.

palangi
05-17-2016, 11:48 PM
Why would Boston trade Smart to us? They love him.
Do they?

Because they have Isaiah Thomas as the starter. Avery Bradley on the bench. And drafted Terry Rozier in the first round last year.

so our first rounder and KA for 2 of their second rounders and Smart.

SD126
05-18-2016, 12:01 AM
Do they?

Because they have Isaiah Thomas as the starter. Avery Bradley on the bench. And drafted Terry Rozier in the first round last year.

so our first rounder and KA for 2 of their second rounders and Smart.

Boston laughs that trade suggestion off. Plus Avery Bradley is a SG, not a PG.

palangi
05-18-2016, 12:03 AM
Boston laughs that trade suggestion off. Plus Avery Bradley is a SG, not a PG.
Huh, you work for boston! You know?

SD126
05-18-2016, 12:39 AM
Huh, you work for boston! You know?

Don't know why you're obsessed with wanting 2 2nds (which turns out to be draft and stash project in Europe that never make it into the NBA) and getting rid of Kyle for. Plus Boston can get much better than KA if they do that route.

Quit while your ahead.

SD126
05-18-2016, 12:40 AM
Porker "knocked out" countless PGs while being a NET negative, Speedy Claxton is rolling over in his grave.:lmao

Steven Kerr circa 2003 WCF game 6 rolling in his grave.

palangi
05-18-2016, 12:43 AM
Don't know why you're obsessed with wanting 2 2nds (which turns out to be draft and stash project in Europe that never make it into the NBA) and getting rid of Kyle for. Plus Boston can get much better than KA if they do that route.

Quit while your ahead.
You really do have a crystal ball. You already know our draft picks too! Awesome!

SD126
05-18-2016, 01:40 AM
You really do have a crystal ball. You already know our draft picks too! Awesome!

When your sorry self wanted two second rounders for no reason at all, tells me everything right there.

Takes two to tango. And wanting to trade Kyle for a PG is beyond stupid. Don't know why you hate him that much. Smh

J_Paco
05-18-2016, 01:58 AM

In 2012-'13, Manu was 35 years old and made $14,107,492.00 which is a little less than what Tony will make at the same age.

Also, I think Parker is bright enough to realize he needs a viable successor soon to be able to mentor and (hopefully) help him reach his goal of playing until 40 years old or 20 years. He can't do that without eventually becoming a backup and playing far less minutes especially with more international basketball this Summer.

Mal
05-18-2016, 02:42 AM
I dont think Parker will be traded, but I would look for Phily to be partner in hipothetical trade. They need PG, they need salaries to meet bottom requirement, they need experience, they need more than 15 wins. They have 24th and 26th picks this year. They have guys with no future in their roster like Stauskas. Maybe Parker and Diaw as duo for whatever RC can get. Spurs would need salary space rather than actual assets. Pick + Stauskas/Grant for Parker and maybe Diaw. This could work. Hell they had Gerald Wallace and JaVale McGee on roster for that minimum salary requirement

AFMadison
05-18-2016, 03:00 AM
Spurs need to dump 35-40 mil imo.
Get rid of Parker, Boris, KA and then Duncan/Manu/Andre/West/Bonner all retire.

Spurs then could afford all big 3 FA's in Pau, Durant, Conley, and would have money to go after a guy like Batum. Then acquire a lengthy good defensive PG in MCW.

Conley/Mills/MCW
Kawhi/Green/Martin
Durant/Batum/Simmons
LMA/ ???
Gasol/Boban

Obviously would never happen, but if I were GM..........

J_Paco
05-18-2016, 03:34 AM

Spurs then could afford all big 3 FA's in Pau, Durant, Conley, and would have money to go after a guy like Batum. Then acquire a lengthy good defensive PG in MCW.

Conley/Mills/MCW
Kawhi/Green/Martin
Durant/Batum/Simmons
LMA/ ???
Gasol/Boban

That starting 5 alone would cost $120+ million dollars, buddy. Not going to happen ever.

And why would the front office wreck the entire roster but keep Kevin Martin (who sucks), Jonathan Simmons and Patty Mills around? What makes any of them worth keeping in the fold?

AFMadison
05-18-2016, 04:13 AM
That starting 5 alone would cost $120+ million dollars, buddy. Not going to happen ever.

And why would the front office wreck the entire roster but keep Kevin Martin (who sucks), Jonathan Simmons and Patty Mills around? What makes any of them worth keeping in the fold?
Well duh, you make these babies take pay cuts to win ships, and if they don't you spank them and put them in timeout. And secondly to fill roster Spots. See if Simmons can evolve, keep Patty as a bench towel waving hype man, and let K. Mart do what he did last year (fill a roster spot).

Snaq O'Meal
05-18-2016, 04:33 AM
Well duh, you make these babies take pay cuts to win ships, and if they don't you spank them and put them in timeout. And secondly to fill roster Spots. See if Simmons can evolve, keep Patty as a bench towel waving hype man, and let K. Mart do what he did last year (fill a roster spot).

Why would Durant take a paycut to join the Spurs when he's already playing for a team with a better coach, is favoured and coddled by referees, and has progressed further in the playoffs?

cd98
05-18-2016, 05:38 AM
Spurs aren't going to trade Parker to a garbage team. He'll only go to a contender, which makes trading him highly unlikely.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-18-2016, 06:07 AM

Conley/Mills/MCW
Kawhi/Green/Martin
Durant/Batum/Simmons
LMA/ ???
Gasol/Boban

But how about the rest of the cap space? Who would they spend it on? Why not LeBron..

montgod
05-18-2016, 06:27 AM
I dont think Parker will be traded, but I would look for Phily to be partner in hipothetical trade. They need PG, they need salaries to meet bottom requirement, they need experience, they need more than 15 wins. They have 24th and 26th picks this year. They have guys with no future in their roster like Stauskas. Maybe Parker and Diaw as duo for whatever RC can get. Spurs would need salary space rather than actual assets. Pick + Stauskas/Grant for Parker and maybe Diaw. This could work. Hell they had Gerald Wallace and JaVale McGee on roster for that minimum salary requirement

Philadelphia will be a good trading partner with their redundant pieces like at F (Grant, Covington, Noel, and Thompson, eventually Saric). Just not sure how it would fit in a trade with Spurs.

I still think Teague would be best of all PG out there if they can pull a trade off. Maybe Parker can be a mentor for Schroder...who knows. It's a stretch though

Chinook
05-18-2016, 06:40 AM
Philadelphia will be a good trading partner with their redundant pieces like at F (Grant, Covington, Noel, and Thompson, eventually Saric). Just not sure how it would fit in a trade with Spurs.

Nah. Their fans on RealGM seem to love their pieces. They said they wouldn't trade Covington for Green straight up. I don't get it, you'd think if their roster were so good, and their coaching staff were so good, that they couldn't have possibly had the worst record in the league.

That said, I'd love to have Grant on the team. He's a combo-forward in a good way, a defensive presence that has a corner-three. He's not worth a big offer.

Could see Mills having some appeal to the Sixers provided they are keeping Brown. He'd be a good way to help turn around the culture, and his shooting would be greatly appreciated. Could see something around Mills for 26 or Mills and 29 for 24 and Grant being available, despite what their fans think.

Mal
05-18-2016, 08:32 AM

I still think Teague would be best of all PG out there if they can pull a trade off. Maybe Parker can be a mentor for Schroder...who knows. It's a stretch though

I don`t think this trade should about acquiring talent. This trade should be about cleaning salary cup for signing talent.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-18-2016, 08:53 AM
Even if we assume the Spurs would all of a sudden become ruthless and willing to trade Parker to wherever for/into cap space it realistically won't happen until after the bigger FAs have signed and there are teams left with nothing but money to spend.

In order for the Spurs to be able to use cap space for a pitch at a max FA they'd have to trade Tony around the draft ( very few suitors ) or very early in free agency, like Tiago. I don't see why another team would pull the trigger so early.

palangi
05-18-2016, 09:01 AM
When your sorry self wanted two second rounders for no reason at all, tells me everything right there.

Takes two to tango. And wanting to trade Kyle for a PG is beyond stupid. Don't know why you hate him that much. Smh
Trading Kyle for a starting PG is worth it. I'm sorry your anger and ignorance is getting in the way of your rationale thought.

wildbill2u
05-18-2016, 11:36 AM

I'm not clear on what you mean with this post. Are you seriously comparing Claxton favorably over Parker? In any one year or over a career?

elemento
05-18-2016, 12:35 PM
?
Nah. Their fans on RealGM seem to love their pieces. They said they wouldn't trade Covington for Green straight up. I don't get it, you'd think if their roster were so good, and their coaching staff were so good, that they couldn't have possibly had the worst record in the league.

That said, I'd love to have Grant on the team. He's a combo-forward in a good way, a defensive presence that has a corner-three. He's not worth a big offer.

Could see Mills having some appeal to the Sixers provided they are keeping Brown. He'd be a good way to help turn around the culture, and his shooting would be greatly appreciated. Could see something around Mills for 26 or Mills and 29 for 24 and Grant being available, despite what their fans think.

You're giving too much credit to that 76ers mod that loves to play the "I'm Hinkie game" tbh.

76ers fans and Morey fanboys are the worst to discuss realistic trades there. You shouldn't even bother.

Chinook
05-18-2016, 12:46 PM
I will say that the Jazz fans on RealGM would definitely take Parker for free. So all this talk about the Spurs being stuck with Parker against their will is bogus. His contract (which seems to grow every day hearing how some people describe it) is not that bad. The Spurs aren't going to and shouldn't trade him if they aren't getting someone worth the money back.

Chinook
05-18-2016, 12:50 PM
?

You're giving too much credit to that 76ers mod that loves to play the "I'm Hinkie game" tbh.

76ers fans and Morey fanboys are the worst to discuss realistic trades there. You shouldn't even bother.

Yeah, it's very insane over there. They think Covington is a high-lottery guy and Grant is a late first in terms of what it'd take to get them. That shocked the hell out of me, because Covington would get like 10mpg on the Spurs, and Grant wouldn't be a consistent rotation player. And they think those guys being signed four years with no RFA status is a good thing.

And their love for Hinkie... It's like they think there's only one good way to build a team, and that Hinkie was the only GM who knew what that was.

elemento
05-18-2016, 12:54 PM
TP would actually be a great mentor for Exum. They're very similar (though Exum is way taller).

Exum is not much of a facilitator or a shooter but loves to attack the rim, his quickness is off the charts and he has a speedy 1st step. His main problem so far other than his injury is the fact that he is too timid, plays too passive. TP would definitely help in that regard.

Another team that I saw a lot of fans willing to take TP is the Knicks, especially if SA is willing to take Calderon back. I'd ask O'Quinn too and probably Grant as well.

mo7888
05-18-2016, 01:13 PM
New Orleans is a darkhorse candidate to trade for TP as well. Demps is desperate to change the culture and shake things up. They would consider TP + Diaw for Jrue and Tyreke. It saves them money this year and it gives the locker room something it hasn't had before.

Kawhitstorm
05-18-2016, 01:55 PM
I will say that the Jazz fans on RealGM would definitely take Parker for free. So all this talk about the Spurs being stuck with Parker against their will is bogus. His contract (which seems to grow every day hearing how some people describe it) is not that bad. The Spurs aren't going to and shouldn't trade him if they aren't getting someone worth the money back.

I forgot the Quin Snyder connection.:toast (The Jazz broadcasters were killing Tony during the most recent matchup & were saying Mack had the advantage:lol)

ajh18
05-18-2016, 02:01 PM
Here's an off-the-wall idea if we lose Manu and/or Tim and truly want to commit to a youth movement:

Tony Parker and Diaw to Philadelphia for Nerlens Noel and Dario Saric. Maybe throw in our pick or a prospect to sweeten the deal.

Spurs get a young stretch four and a defensive big to develop next to Aldridge.

If I'm the 76ers, I then offer Okafor to Boston for the number 3 pick and grab Buddy Hield. That makes Parker and Diaw the senior leaders of a team that has a starting lineup of Parker-Hield-Covington-Simmons-Embid.

Parker and Diaw get to stay together, Parker is the true "leader" of a young team, and the Colangelos get some foreign players (which they seem to love), Diaw (who they had in Phoenix), and a true PG.

Kawhitstorm
05-18-2016, 02:05 PM
New Orleans is a darkhorse candidate to trade for TP as well. Demps is desperate to change the culture and shake things up. They would consider TP + Diaw for Jrue and Tyreke. It saves them money this year and it gives the locker room something it hasn't had before.

Supposedly they want Jrue to be part of their core & he has good chemistry w/ AD but they were trying to dump Reke. Demps is another guy that has ties to the Spurs organization but I'm not sure Tony/Diaw fit the uptempo offense Gentry wants to run. Their owner wants to make the playoffs ASAP even w/ a mediocre roster & I'm not sure Tony can be your starting point guard for that job.

They will probably draft someone like Buddy & keep Jrue while shopping Tyreke expiring contract for a legit wing player like Rudy Gay. If they were going to move Jrue, they would probably tack on Asik's shitty contract.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Some of these trade ideas are so ridiculous. No one is giving up a young player with any sort of flash of upside or talent for TP. No one. You might get a pick. You might get a player. You are certainly not getting anyone that is younger and clearly better than TP.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 02:20 PM
Some of these trade ideas are so ridiculous. No one is giving up a young player with any sort of flash of upside or talent for TP. No one. You might get a pick. You might get a player. You are certainly not getting anyone that is younger and clearly better than TP.

I agree a lot with this.

SpursforSix
05-18-2016, 02:26 PM

you're not giving Tony any credit for his mentoring ability

Based on my analysis, of his $15,000,000 salary, about $2,750,000 is attributable to his play.
So his mentor value is $12,250,000.

TXstbobcat
05-18-2016, 02:30 PM

Not sure that his mentoring is worth $30 million over 2 years to other teams.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 02:32 PM
Well, that is unless SA fleeces someone. But that should not be expected.

sasaint
05-18-2016, 04:34 PM

No way we could get Jrue AND Tyreke. But if we could, we would be insane not to jump all over that deal.

sasaint
05-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Here's an off-the-wall idea if we lose Manu and/or Tim and truly want to commit to a youth movement:

Tony Parker and Diaw to Philadelphia for Nerlens Noel and Dario Saric. Maybe throw in our pick or a prospect to sweeten the deal.

Spurs get a young stretch four and a defensive big to develop next to Aldridge.

If I'm the 76ers, I then offer Okafor to Boston for the number 3 pick and grab Buddy Hield. That makes Parker and Diaw the senior leaders of a team that has a starting lineup of Parker-Hield-Covington-Simmons-Embid.

Parker and Diaw get to stay together, Parker is the true "leader" of a young team, and the Colangelos get some foreign players (which they seem to love), Diaw (who they had in Phoenix), and a true PG.

You don't honestly believe that the best that the Sixers could get for Noel and Saric is Parker and Diaw do you? The Spurs are not their only potential trading partner.

Pauleta14
05-18-2016, 05:38 PM

Based on my analysis, of his $15,000,000 salary, about $2,750,000 is attributable to his play.
So his mentor value is $12,250,000.

:wow:lol I can't believe the hate...

If you can find a player producing 12pts (50%) and 5ast for that price... :lol

AFMadison
05-18-2016, 07:04 PM
Why would Durant take a paycut to join the Spurs when he's already playing for a team with a better coach, is favoured and coddled by referees, and has progressed further in the playoffs?
Westbrick will fail him... Again

AFMadison
05-18-2016, 07:06 PM
But how about the rest of the cap space? Who would they spend it on? Why not LeBron..
Oh I meant to put him behind Kawhi. Preach to him about being the greatest 6th man of all time and have the greatest bench in history.

gambit1990
05-18-2016, 07:18 PM
at first i thought we could definitely trade that contract... but i then i remembered the spurs wouldn't trade just him anywhere.

so that limits the list of potential trade partners a lot...

palangi
05-18-2016, 07:28 PM
at first i thought we could definitely trade that contract... but i then i remembered the spurs wouldn't trade just him anywhere.

so that limits the list of potential trade partners a lot...
And that is what make philly an option. Brett Brown. The old spurs assistant. One of Pops guys. Running pops system.

DenialTwist
05-18-2016, 07:30 PM
If Parker isn't gone or doesn't come off the bench the spurs are in for another playoff exit the next few years. There are teams that would like Parker, Diaw and Mills for veteran experience. Spurs should consider trading Parker. None of this sentimental B.S. Spurs are in the business of winning and that takes precedence over everything. You can't waste two more years of Kawhi and LaMarcus just to give Parker the Kobe treatment. Plus Duncan said it after game 6, he doesn't care about what happens to the Spurs after he leaves. He said "you assume I care what happens when I'm gone?" There you have it. Once Duncan and Manu retire, spurs can trade Parker, Diaw and Mills.

tholdren
05-18-2016, 08:18 PM
:wow:lol I can't believe the hate...

If you can find a player producing 12pts (50%) and 5ast for that price... :lol
jennings

SAGirl
05-18-2016, 10:00 PM
With the real possibility of Manu returning and TD (even if he's KG status) we probably run this thing right back. I don't see Tony traded but it is time to move on from Diaw.

SAGirl
05-18-2016, 10:16 PM
If Parker isn't gone or doesn't come off the bench the spurs are in for another playoff exit the next few years. There are teams that would like Parker, Diaw and Mills for veteran experience. Spurs should consider trading Parker. None of this sentimental B.S. Spurs are in the business of winning and that takes precedence over everything. You can't waste two more years of Kawhi and LaMarcus just to give Parker the Kobe treatment. Plus Duncan said it after game 6, he doesn't care about what happens to the Spurs after he leaves. He said "you assume I care what happens when I'm gone?" There you have it. Once Duncan and Manu retire, spurs can trade Parker, Diaw and Mills.
You are talking about Tony getting the Kobe treatment. Are you ready to witness the Tim, Manu, and Tony Kobe treatment? Gosh I hope they really do know when it's time. Not that we can replace them but that is a sad and sorry parade that does disservice to their careers, same as Kobe clowned himself, teammates and the franchise at the end. Really I hope they know when it's time bc Pop may not know when it's time, same as the Lakers. No one pressured Kobe, he was paid, came back and he said in his own terms when it was time. Difficult business in the personal aspects TBH, specially when a player has brought championship and success to the franchise.

Frankly I don't think our guys are on that level, but they are now declining at a faster rate and Pop is not one to tell them when they are done.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-18-2016, 10:21 PM

Parker for Exum and change. ;)

Not happening, but I'd do it. When he finds his feet, Exum will be excellent.

TP would actually be a great mentor for Exum. They're very similar (though Exum is way taller).

Exum is not much of a facilitator or a shooter but loves to attack the rim, his quickness is off the charts and he has a speedy 1st step. His main problem so far other than his injury is the fact that he is too timid, plays too passive. TP would definitely help in that regard.

Another team that I saw a lot of fans willing to take TP is the Knicks, especially if SA is willing to take Calderon back. I'd ask O'Quinn too and probably Grant as well.

I like Quinn and Grant as projects. Don't see Pop/RC doing this though, especially given Calderon's matador D.

Supposedly they want Jrue to be part of their core & he has good chemistry w/ AD but they were trying to dump Reke. Demps is another guy that has ties to the Spurs organization but I'm not sure Tony/Diaw fit the uptempo offense Gentry wants to run. Their owner wants to make the playoffs ASAP even w/ a mediocre roster & I'm not sure Tony can be your starting point guard for that job.

They will probably draft someone like Buddy & keep Jrue while shopping Tyreke expiring contract for a legit wing player like Rudy Gay. If they were going to move Jrue, they would probably tack on Asik's shitty contract.

Yeah, they really like Jrue, and he and AD have great chemistry. I'd love Jrue as a Spur but don't see it happening.

As for Reke, if he could commit to playinghis role as PG, not over-reaching, and committing to D, maybe... lots of ifs though, and he's injury-prone.

Sadly yup.

jennings

Orlando do have 2 starter quality PGs... I wonder if there's some way we could land Elfrid Payton? Can't shoot, but Chip is here, and Payton is basically a better version of MCW. Pop might be able to hammer him into a really good player like he did with TP.

PublicOption
05-19-2016, 12:13 AM
Tony Parker. Barbacoa some big Red for anyone not named Tony Parker.

ajh18
05-19-2016, 01:21 AM
You don't honestly believe that the best that the Sixers could get for Noel and Saric is Parker and Diaw do you? The Spurs are not their only potential trading partner.

No, realistically not both. But I think a Parker/Diaw for Noel trade is not out of the question. I actually wouldn't do it from the Spurs end, but I'm playing the hypothetical game here.

The 76ers need to get rid of the logjam at the 4/5 spot, and I just don't know who else they could get for Nerlens that would fit in at SG or PG. In the scenario I put forward, they'd be needing a PG (obviously they could go the other route, trade Okafor to draft a PG, and then go looking for a SG). But if they did follow a scenario like the one I laid out, who else could they get? Noel isn't worth a top-10 pick. Going through the lists of PGs in the league, I'm not sure who a better option would be that they could actually acquire, particularly with a young team and considering the Brett Brown connection and the love the Colangelos have for foreign players.

sasaint
05-19-2016, 09:55 AM
No, realistically not both. But I think a Parker/Diaw for Noel trade is not out of the question. I actually wouldn't do it from the Spurs end, but I'm playing the hypothetical game here.

The 76ers need to get rid of the logjam at the 4/5 spot, and I just don't know who else they could get for Nerlens that would fit in at SG or PG. In the scenario I put forward, they'd be needing a PG (obviously they could go the other route, trade Okafor to draft a PG, and then go looking for a SG). But if they did follow a scenario like the one I laid out, who else could they get? Noel isn't worth a top-10 pick. Going through the lists of PGs in the league, I'm not sure who a better option would be that they could actually acquire, particularly with a young team and considering the Brett Brown connection and the love the Colangelos have for foreign players.

I would trade Parker and Diaw for Noel in a New York minute. Doubt the Sixers would even go for that. Moreover, the salaries are way out of whack. All of the Sixers' guys are on rookie contracts that are all so low that they are an unlikely trade partner without a third team. In fact, I think a 3-team trade is the most realistic way to make the unrealistic trade of Parker work.

Chinook
05-19-2016, 10:11 AM
I think Noel's stock is falling with his offensive game not expanding and him being closer to the end of his rookie deal. But the Sixers wouldn't trade him for Parker. 2013-2014 Parker? Maybe. Not this one. He's almost a perfect fit with LMA though. So anything short of the top three guys would be on the table.

ajh18
05-19-2016, 10:52 AM
I don't think Noel has progressed very much. He has/had upside, but at the moment is a very limited player.

He does fit well next to LMA though, and Parker would fit well with a young team under Brett Brown.

Parker-Heild-Covington-Simmons-Embid with Saric, Diaw, Ish, and Grant off the bench could develop into a playoff team in a year or two. Add in another 76ers pick and the Laker's pick next year and you've got something. Parker would also act as an advocate of Brown's system on the floor.

look_at_g_shred
05-19-2016, 11:31 AM
Obviously the loyal card becomes the biggest factor in trading TP. There are teams out there who'd be at the very least open to it. TP always talks about he's for whatever is best for the team. If he was ever traded, I'm sure the spurs would make sure the deal is also beneficial for Tony.

gambit1990
05-19-2016, 12:36 PM
maybe tp and diaw wouldn't mind going to the raptors... that french connection... both would see a rise in jersey sales... and they would bring much needed veteran leadership.

all i want from the raptors is jonas valanciunas though... and they already have lowry...

gambit1990
05-19-2016, 12:38 PM
and i don't think the raptors have enough cap space to take on those contracts anyways.

Sean Cagney
05-19-2016, 02:01 PM

^^^^^^ Reality.

SAGirl
05-20-2016, 12:03 PM

There are better trade partners out there. Off the top of my head Atlanta has 2 PG and are looking to deal Teague, Boston has a huge amount of picks, young players and they can't even find playing time for all their guards.