PDA

View Full Version : what is this crap about manu and duncan not sure about retiring?? they need to go

hater
05-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Love em. But we can't have these corpses taking up roster spots and fucking up our season again. They need to go.

If they don't retire, ill become an OKC Thunder fan. You've been warned.

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2016, 09:16 AM
At this point it's not like the Spurs should give them an option. RC sits down with them and says, "Look, we gave it a good shot for the last 2 seasons after the championship but it's time to get younger and free up cap space." Then RC calls Pop into his office and tells the lazy fuck to shave his beard and get ready to actually coach players that need it.

Manu and Tim have jobs for life in the front office or on the bench as assistants

dbreiden83080
05-14-2016, 09:19 AM
Yes because with them off the team we are sure to win it all next year. Fuck off you old clowns..

hater
05-14-2016, 09:20 AM
At this point it's not like the Spurs should give them an option. RC sits down with them and says, "Look, we gave it a good shot for the last 2 seasons after the championship but it's time to get younger and free up cap space." Then RC calls Pop into his office and tells the lazy fuck to shave his beard and get ready to actually coach players that need it.

Manu and Tim have jobs for life in the front office or on the bench as assistants

Mah niga. Excellent plan. Yes they can take the spots of loser Becky and Italian scrub easily. Shit bonner should take the spot of African fellow as well.

But we can't have them taking up roster spots.

Teage
Green
Kawhi
Aldridge
Gasol.

:tu

mudyez
05-14-2016, 09:20 AM
...as should OP

hater
05-14-2016, 09:21 AM
Yes because with them off the team we are sure to win it all next year. Fuck off you old clowns..

With them we wont even win a playoff round. Without them we could possibly win a series.

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2016, 09:25 AM

Nope but you begin to rebuild with players that will need minutes to get better and your coach actually has to... wait for it... coach. The longer we hold onto old relics the more disappointed we are going to be at wasted years for Aldridge and Kawhi. Tim and Manu do not move the needle, they are a net negative now.

Spurs9
05-14-2016, 09:26 AM
All the fans who want them to stay aren't thinking logically but with nostalgia with what they once were. Yeah they gave alot to this team but if they are slowing us down they need to go tbh. It reared its head in this round and ended up getting knocked out of the 2nd as a result. Need to use that salary to move on and rebuild something younger and more athletic to keep up with the new teams who are dominating us. I wish we could get a replacement for Parker too as well but that probably won't happen. If the Spurs are serious about winning and reaching the finals again they need to make some major changes.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Nope but you begin to rebuild with players that will need minutes to get better and your coach actually has to... wait for it... coach. The longer we hold onto old relics the more disappointed we are going to be at wasted years for Aldridge and Kawhi. Tim and Manu do not move the needle, they are a net negative now.

Wasting as in it's championship or nothing? I think some Spurs fans needs to get used the idea of a championship drought as Duncan and Manu exit the stage. You have franchises like the Pacers that still have never even won a title. Support your team and don't be so greedy..

With them we wont even win a playoff round. Without them we could possibly win a series.

Uh they just won a playoff series, and 67 games a franchise record. What exactly are you expectations next season?

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2016, 09:36 AM
Wasting as in it's championship or nothing? I think some Spurs fans needs to get used the idea of a championship draught as Duncan and Manu exit the stage. You have franchises like the Pacers that still have never even won a title. Support your team and don't be so greedy..

Uh they just won a playoff series, and 67 games a franchise record. What exactly are you expectations next season?

Absolutely it's championship or nothing... why else play? That's why they play the game right? to win? If we are not concerned about winning championships why spend 20 mil on a offensive PF, why not continue to just add pieces of a crumbling infrastructure? Nope, the object at this point is to get young to compete and challenge for a title with Kawhi and Aldridge not hang on to relics of the past. Same goes with Parker, he doesn't add anything to the team that they need going forward. Leadership? Poise? You're suppose to have a coach that does that.. and you have players that are supposed to step up into that role that are the new wave, that's what Kawhi has to do not depend on past their prime guys to make a difference off the bench.

Greedy is collecting checks when you don't have anything to offer to the team when you're getting bounced by young athletic teams that run you out of the gym and out rebound you.

Mouth is Bleeding
05-14-2016, 09:36 AM
Even if you throw respect and nostalgia out of the window, the thing is that it's just not realistic getting better players for less money and it's probably not even close.

hater
05-14-2016, 09:39 AM
Even if you throw respect and nostalgia out of the window, the thing is that it's just not realistic getting better players for less money and it's probably not even close.

They were horrid vs OKC. And its called developing young talent.

ducks
05-14-2016, 09:40 AM
Duncan back great mental other bigs off bench does not start play a 12 minutes off bench
Goes against other bench
Manu is done though

dbreiden83080
05-14-2016, 09:42 AM
Absolutely it's championship or nothing... why else play? That's why they play the game right? to win? If we are not concerned about winning championships why spend 20 mil on a offensive PF, why not continue to just add pieces of a crumbling infrastructure? Nope, the object at this point is to get young to compete and challenge for a title with Kawhi and Aldridge not hang on to relics of the past. Same goes with Parker, he doesn't add anything to the team that they need going forward. Leadership? Poise? You're suppose to have a coach that does that.. and you have players that are supposed to step up into that role that are the new wave, that's what Kawhi has to do not depend on past their prime guys to make a difference off the bench.

Greedy is collecting checks when you don't have anything to offer to the team when you're getting bounced by young athletic teams that run you out of the gym and out rebound you.

Then it's going to suck for you being a fan. 1 team wins the title every year, and our once in a generation player is on the way out. Since Jordan retired the only people that won rings have been pretty much, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan and Lebron. Now Curry is joining the party. Hell look at all the great players in Jordan's era that never won a single title. Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Miller. The Spurs are going to be in a bit of a transition mode here, in the next 2-3 years. Leonard will be the man, if he stays healthy and they will keep trying to build around him. Now do I expect them to win a title in the next 2-3 years? I don't. Why because Tim Duncan is finally leaving, and building around a player that helps you win 5 rings, just doesn't happen. But I will keep cheering and supporting the team even without rings as the next era is ushered in..

hater
05-14-2016, 09:42 AM
Duncan back great mental other bigs off bench does not start play a 12 minutes off bench
Goes against other bench
Manu is done though

Ok. Fine. Duncan off d Bench. Manu is finished thou put a suit on him and tell Becky to get the fuck in the kitchen

sasaint
05-14-2016, 09:57 AM

I have expressed my belief that this was the last roundup for Tim and Manu since last fall. I would not be completely shocked to see Pop ride off into the sunset with them. He is not exactly known to embrace young players or the challenge of developing them. :wow With or without Pop at the helm, perhaps The Spurs could also package Tony with a pick and move him, too.

DarrinS
05-14-2016, 09:58 AM
...as should OP

DarrinS
05-14-2016, 09:59 AM
Duncan made this team what it is. He goes out on his own terms.

bklynspursfan
05-14-2016, 10:08 AM

:tu

houston spurs fan
05-14-2016, 10:12 AM
Op is the same bitch who started the thread "Tim Duncan Sucks" several years ago. He has zero respect for what Tim has meant to the Spurs. If you want to troll, do another topic. GTFO

hater
05-14-2016, 10:13 AM
Op is the same bitch who started the thread "Tim Duncan Sucks" several years ago. He has zero respect for what Tim has meant to the Spurs. If you want to troll, do another topic. GTFO

And he did suck in 2010. Tbh. Truth hurts

kuato
05-14-2016, 10:19 AM

Why the hell is people arguing with someone using the username hater?

Atl Spur
05-14-2016, 10:23 AM
It is time to get younger; everything has a shelf life:) I love Tim and Manu is my favorite player of all time but it is time to go. Time for the new crop of players to build their legacy as spurs:) We salute you old guard!!!

Chinook
05-14-2016, 10:24 AM
Besides the fact that thos thread probably means they come back, I agree. They aren't more valuable than the cap space, and the team can't afford to give rotation spots to part-time players. At this point they're hurting the team's depth, and repairing it will take years. The longer they wait, the harder it's going to be.

ElNono
05-14-2016, 10:27 AM
They earned to do whatever they want, tbh... it's very unlikely we're going to be winning championships in the next 2-3 years anyways, IMO, unless we get some fluke, magical rejuvenation season from either of those two guys...

OP might want to test the OKC waters in the meantime, tbh...

Keepin' it real
05-14-2016, 10:29 AM

Like Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden? Those reigns ended well. :wakeup

There is such a thing as overstaying your welcome, even for an iconic legend.

Mikeanaro
05-14-2016, 10:33 AM
OP needs to go too, tbh.

Keepin' it real
05-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Absolutely it's championship or nothing... why else play?

Wow, are people really that stupid?

Then it's going to suck for you being a fan. 1 team wins the title every year, and our once in a generation player is on the way out. Since Jordan retired the only people that won rings have been pretty much, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan and Lebron. Now Curry is joining the party. Hell look at all the great players in Jordan's era that never won a single title. Malone, Barkley, Ewing, Miller. The Spurs are going to be in a bit of a transition mode here, in the next 2-3 years. Leonard will be the man, if he stays healthy and they will keep trying to build around him. Now do I expect them to win a title in the next 2-3 years? I don't. Why because Tim Duncan is finally leaving, and building around a player that helps you win 5 rings, just doesn't happen. But I will keep cheering and supporting the team even without rings as the next era is ushered in..

Good to hear a sane voice in the madness. :bobo

RD2191
05-14-2016, 10:39 AM
Championship or bust. We aren't a scrub organization. If you're okay with getting bounced in the 2nd round then go root for the fucking 76ers because if you don't win it all then you might as well not even make the playoffs.

coachmac87
05-14-2016, 11:18 AM
OP is top 5 douche on this forum. Anybody who disrespects and trolls HOF players to stroke their "internet ego" is the definition of a LOSER...

Spurtacular
05-14-2016, 11:20 AM
Love em. But we can't have these corpses taking up roster spots and fucking up our season again. They need to go.

Let's cut out the middle man; get the steppin.

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Championship or bust. We aren't a scrub organization. If you're okay with getting bounced in the 2nd round then go root for the fucking 76ers because if you don't win it all then you might as well not even make the playoffs.

These are probably the same people that are okay with giving out trophies for participating..

InRareForm
05-14-2016, 11:33 AM
Disrespectful.

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2016, 11:41 AM

Nope, won't suck for me being a fan because I support the team not just the players. When I fly a flag on my car its now the San Antonio Duncan's or the Manu Spurs.. Nope, I was a fan when Robinson was around and we would get bounced in the 2nd round or the 3rd and hope that we would one day have a team that could compete. Tim Duncan was a godsend, once in a generation kind of player who was selfless who should probably have 6 or 7 rings had a few things worked out differently. The thing is Robinson knew when he was done being useful at least to his health and to the team and he walked away and the Spurs survived.

Kawhi Leonard is 24 years old and already in an MVP conversation and will only get better barring any injury. The Spurs need to realize that the sooner they start building around him the better there chances are that they don't fall off the map. It'll be a hard 2-3 years before they are contending for titles but sticking with a 40 year old guy with no knees, and a 38 year old guy who is the first off the bench is a recipe for continued failure. It's time to stop coddling young players and play them and let them develop and get coached up.

What really bums me out hearing too is when players were saying, "We were trying to win it for Tim" really??? how about trying to just win it for yourself.. once they get past all that nostalgia of trying to do it for another guy maybe they'll try to do it for themselves and be engaged.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-14-2016, 11:46 AM
I'd still take even the hobbling Duncan as a backup over Splitter most nights.

What I don't want is him and Manu being in the same HOF class as Kobe. We already had to endure MJ going in with the Admiral. At least MJ was legit. Watching Tim's speech be the opening act for KB would be an insult.

houston spurs fan
05-14-2016, 11:53 AM

What I don't want is him and Manu being in the same HOF class as Kobe. We already had to endure MJ going in with the Admiral. At least MJ was legit. Watching Tim's speech be the opening act for KB would be an insult.
This. Couldn't agree more

HankChinaski
05-14-2016, 11:54 AM
Duncan can do a lot of good in a first off the bench big role.
Manu had moments through out the season but he can't provide 20mins a game solidly any more at the current NBA level.

urunobili
05-14-2016, 11:58 AM
As inactive player
On a Bonner like Role eating bench, Manu would be way better than almost any other option for the corporate knowledge he'd bring...

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2016, 12:01 PM
Manu had moments through out the season but he can't provide 20mins a game solidly any more at the current NBA level.

A lot of good for the other team trying to catch up or take a lead. 40 year old legends with 2 bad knees are not worth the trouble. Plus it will be heartbreaking to see a whole 82 games of a shell drag themselves up the court.

MVPCues
05-14-2016, 12:01 PM

Right. Peeps think spurs should win every year or else pop is purposely losing or the players are gutless worms. There is a very good chance the drought is coming.

I think Tim and Manu should do whatever the fuck they want. If they do come back, I do think Timmy, Manu, and Tony should all come off the bench together. The question is can enough fat trimmed to have enough cap to grab a starting center and point guard that will complement kawhi and LMA.

MVPCues
05-14-2016, 12:08 PM
sorry, dp....

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2016, 12:09 PM
Right. Peeps think spurs should win every year or else pop is purposely losing or the players are gutless worms. There is a very good chance the drought is coming.

I think Tim and Manu should do whatever the fuck they want. If they do come back, I do think Timmy, Manu, and Tony should all come off the bench together. The question is can enough fat trimmed to have enough cap to grab a starting center and point guard that will complement kawhi and LMA.

To answer your question, nope.. because you'd still have to pay the Tim and Manu and you really think they'll just hit them with the vet minimum 1.5M next season and tell them to sit at the end of the bench? They're only coming back if they feel like they can contribute, play and ultimately win a championship. No way a 38 and 40 year old legend is going to get out of bed with aspirations to get bounced in the 2nd round. And the only way this team stays competitive is if they go young and stay young.

Plus the spurs are notorious for overpaying their players out of loyalty. They probably eat up 7 or 8 mil between them.

And yeah.. peeps do think that the Spurs should win every year because I'm sure the players feel that way.. They don't go into a season going, welp I hope we can make the playoffs.. that's not the mentality of the Spurs after so many years of success and that breeds expectations of the fans.

T_L_P
05-14-2016, 12:44 PM

He should be sitting Tony down then.

Who can we bring in for ~$5 million to replace what Tim brings? With today's cap that's Spencer Hawes money.:downspin:

Kawhitstorm
05-14-2016, 12:46 PM
I'll take 'em in a Bonner/Kevin Martin role.:wakeup

Mouth is Bleeding
05-14-2016, 12:53 PM
ppl are really underrating the level of Duncan and Manu this season.

They're big part of why we almost had the biggest point differential in NBA history and at different times was very close to being the favorite to the title even in a league with GS.

This series, where we scored more points and led more than OKC, wasn't on them but mostly Pop not adjusting to our weak points vs their weak points.

We need tweaks. Not a revolution.

Generally Pop and assistants needs to re-discover the offensive side of the floor. It can't be stressed enough that defense or rebounding wasn't the problem but our freaking stagnant no spacing offense with warning signs throughout the season from the starters unable to do anything decent and it was the bench coming in moving the ball and playing winning offense.

Mouth is Bleeding
05-14-2016, 12:58 PM
The weaknesses are one of the worst starting point guards in the league. Maybe the worst?

+ probably not the best big-man makeup. Alone removing David West or getting someone more mobile than either West or Boban would help a lot.

Kyle if he doesn't develop a shot is a worry for the coming bench years. Bench needs one more shooter for certain. But personally I think playing and developing Simmons over him would solve a lot.

kaji157
05-14-2016, 01:10 PM
I think if they come back on very diminished roles they shouldn't affect the performance of the team. This season they have been useful, to start the season they carried a lot of load while LA was getting used to the team`s chemistry.
We are not blaming the elimination on Bonner or Simmons are Tim and Manu can perfectly fill that spot on the roster and act also as captains and mentors, and i think it will be an OK thing to do because you dont want Parker as the team flag captain...
Clearly our biggest concern should be to find a way to either Unload Parker or find a role for him on the bench or whatever way we can find to get something out of those 15 million dollars, and also to get a Point Guard that can compete with the starting PG of the league.

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2016, 01:21 PM
He should be sitting Tony down then.

Who can we bring in for ~$5 million to replace what Tim brings? With today's cap that's Spencer Hawes money.:downspin:

You bring over the big serb they drafted last season and let him get acclimated to the NBA and to Kawhi. There were a number of PF/C in last years draft that they could have also went with if they needed someone to be prepared sooner rather than later. I'd rather go with someone who might average 5 and 5 but knowing they'll potentially get better the following season rather than regress to nothing.

Hell, scour the D League and find a diamond in the rough like Whiteside because RC has an eye for talent too right?

TheGreatYacht
05-14-2016, 01:24 PM
Tim can stay however long he wants, he's earned it.

Manu can gtfo though

spurs10
05-14-2016, 01:26 PM

What I don't want is him and Manu being in the same HOF class as Kobe. We already had to endure MJ going in with the Admiral. At least MJ was legit. Watching Tim's speech be the opening act for KB would be an insult. I actually think will be a great back up and can help greatly with getting whoever comes in acclimated and focused. Same with Manu. Both those guys were pretty damn great this season. The question in money and both are guaranteed pretty small deals considering who they are.

Now that being said, I'm sure the Spurs are going to approach the next season with a 'how to win it all attitude.' I think it's very possible if they can get some players to gradually take the place of the Big and possibly have TP take Manu's place at 6th man. It will be harder to find a PG that is ready to take TP's place. Tony was one of the top scoring PG's in the league.

I'm not really concerned about the HOF, but think a low key and unspoken farewell tour would be a much better way to say goodbye. That last game in OKC was a real downer of a farewell game. Manu should come back if only to get that nightmare out of his head.

Spursone
05-14-2016, 02:10 PM
It's best when you go out with dignity and grace -vs- embarrassment and burden. As Willie Nelson says: "turn out the lights, the party's over."

Spurtacular
05-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Two HOF'ers still contributing while making only $7M. OP is a joke.

J_Paco
05-14-2016, 02:12 PM
The weaknesses are one of the worst starting point guards in the league. Maybe the worst?

+ probably not the best big-man makeup. Alone removing David West or getting someone more mobile than either West or Boban would help a lot.

Kyle if he doesn't develop a shot is a worry for the coming bench years. Bench needs one more shooter for certain. But personally I think playing and developing Simmons over him would solve a lot.

Pretty sure Parker is better than the bottom tier of starting PG's, actually. I agree that he should no longer be the starter, though. He would probably be more effective coming off the bench against 2nd PG's.

Anyway, Timmy and Manu have earned the right to do whatever they want. Once those two are gone the team will be in a transition/rebuilding period and isn't guaranteed to reach these heights (5 championships) ever again.

Whatever Manu and Timmy decide the front office needs to start bringing younger, athletic and hungry talent. They have both draft picks and some intriguing prospects overseas. Need to start building for the future with or without those two.

J_Paco
05-14-2016, 02:16 PM
It's best when you go out with dignity and grace -vs- embarrassment and burden. As Willie Nelson says: "turn out the lights, the party's over."

Sports aren't a fucking fairy tale and most players go out broken down or as "losers." I think whatever they do, Manu and Timmy aren't in the company of "losers."

They both contributed well this last season, but they need to be mentoring younger, more athletic players (i.e. Jonathan Simmons, etc.).

random21
05-14-2016, 02:26 PM
Ok. Fine. Duncan off d Bench. Manu is finished thou put a suit on him and tell Becky to get the fuck in the kitchen

TBH Becky

Russ
05-14-2016, 02:28 PM

You'll become a Thunder fan?

This reminds of all the haters (couldn't resist) who insulted DRob in Summer 2001 and demanded his retirement.

houston spurs fan
05-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Get out Thunder fan

sasaint
05-14-2016, 02:33 PM
I'll take 'em in a Bonner/Kevin Martin role.:wakeup

I'd like them in that role just for their leadership/corporate knowledge. The problem is that as long as Pop can see them on the bench, he will play them before developing other players. As long as they are suited up, they will stifle the development of young guys we need going forward.

mudyez
05-14-2016, 02:36 PM
Whats wrong with you people?
I hope you all quit beeing Spurs fans!...yesterday!

Tim can do whatever he wants. Manu too.
And for that matter, Pop, Becky and whoever is mentioned here too.

Fuck you bandwaggoners!

Kawhitstorm
05-14-2016, 03:07 PM
I'd like them in that role just for their leadership/corporate knowledge. The problem is that as long as Pop can see them on the bench, he will play them before developing other players. As long as they are suited up, they will stifle the development of young guys we need going forward.

:pop:"Corporate Knowledge"

SAGirl
05-14-2016, 03:10 PM
Besides the fact that thos thread probably means they come back, I agree. They aren't more valuable than the cap space, and the team can't afford to give rotation spots to part-time players. At this point they're hurting the team's depth, and repairing it will take years. The longer they wait, the harder it's going to be.
+ 1
I share the exact same thoughts.
Salary that could be used to acquire a younger/in their prime player that can actually help and grow with this team for the upcoming 2-4 years, instead of wasting what remains of LMA good seasons, and Kawhi hopefully continued ascent (as a 24 yr old is not even in his best years of his career yet if healthy). Pop has to prioritize them at this point. Championship teams and cores even take a couple of years to develop together. It is time to rebuild around these guys and move on.

ballhog
05-14-2016, 03:16 PM
Need to get younger. Just look at Portland. Look what they're doing. Pop just needs to change with the times. Duncan maybe off bench.

Slomo
05-14-2016, 03:29 PM

This

Skoobz
05-14-2016, 03:34 PM

This, this and absolutely without a doubt this. We wouldn't of shaved it 11 points the other night without TD on the floor. He ain't done and deserves to leave on his own accord.

Kikoluna
05-14-2016, 03:47 PM
Dude you've been way too negative all playoffs long. And your fascination for curry, or eliancito, as you call him , is highly annoying. As far as timmy and manu, they have earned the right to play as long as they want to. Have you no honor?

DMC
05-14-2016, 04:04 PM
Manu will make a hell of a coach. I can see him trying to sub himself into the game.

DMC
05-14-2016, 04:08 PM

If the bench role is to bring energy and speed up the pace, then Tim will not fit there. He cannot transition well enough to fit that style. You need a fast big who can make the transition must faster if you're going to have a pace change during the sub out. If you're still playing the same old slow pace, you're just going to lose anyhow. Tim doesn't need to hang around to avoid going into the HOF with Kobe, that thought is silly because Tim doesn't give a fuck about any of that. Tim's speech will last about 1 minute. The two entering at the same time would be fitting since they were rivals throughout their careers. So anyone who watched Kobe's retirement speech would see Tim there as well.

lol the things people think of to sustain their fandom.

Russ
05-14-2016, 04:16 PM
Duncan had a knee injury.

That's not the same as aging -- it's not irrevocable.

Let's allow him to recover before we put a cap in him.

TMTTRIO
05-14-2016, 04:41 PM
Manu will make a hell of a coach. I can see him trying to sub himself into the game.
Manu already said he didn't want to coach. I don't think we'll be seeing much of Manu after he retires. If there's one out of the Big 3 you won't be seeing around the Spurs front office or have some kind of job with the Spurs organization it'll be Manu. Manu has so many wonderful insights, I would love to see him from time to time as a guest commentator. I would also love to see him again on TNT every once in a while with Chuck like this old version. I see Timmy sticking around to do something with the Spurs so fortunately we'll still see him around even if he's done playing which is still going to be very sad if he hangs it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMX3niqRi-s

poeticism707
05-14-2016, 05:16 PM
Agreed.

The whole title or bust post top 5 all time TD is laughable.

And any one wants TD gone is a moron.

cjw
05-14-2016, 05:49 PM
Taking up roster spots when one of them was one of the top defensive bigs in the league, and the other was the only competent member of the second unit? When they're making peanuts compared to similar output players?

okay...

Chinook
05-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Taking up roster spots when one of them was one of the top defensive bigs in the league, and the other was the only competent member of the second unit? When they're making peanuts compared to similar output players?

okay...

The issue is that this assumption is no longer true. They aren't outperforming their contracts now. That was the case the last two seasons. But with their reduced minutes and effectiveness, and with Tim being unplayable against essentially any good team, there are better uses for the money.

I also think people are overlooking the deleterious effect of rest. How many 24-year-olds tire after playing 39 minutes? Pop's regimen of rest and part-time players didn't seem to allow the guys to save their best for the playoffs. Tim didn't have it until his back was completely against the wall. Manu never had it. If those guys can't step up in the playoffs, there's no point in having them.

The Spurs need to move on. They may well take a step back next season, but after that, they can use their max slot to add a fourth core piece (not counting Green as a core piece) and compete. If they waste the cap space to give broken-down Tim and Manu another year, it will hurt that plan. Part of it's the money. But part of it is also just them being on the roster, being in the rotation, playing in crunch time, forcing younger guys off the roster, encouraging the Spurs to stash picks. The Spurs jettisoned their old role-players to build around their core six years ago. They have to do so again now. It's just that their old role-players are their former core.

TheGoldStandard
05-14-2016, 06:17 PM
The issue is that this assumption is no longer true. They aren't outperforming their contracts now. That was the case the last two seasons. But with their reduced minutes and effectiveness, and with Tim being unplayable against essentially any good team, there are better uses for the money.

I also think people are overlooking the deleterious effect of rest. How many 24-year-olds tire after playing 39 minutes? Pop's regimen of rest and part-time players didn't seem to allow the guys to save their best for the playoffs. Tim didn't have it until his back was completely against the wall. Manu never had it. If those guys can't step up in the playoffs, there's no point in having them.

The Spurs need to move on. They may well take a step back next season, but after that, they can use their max slot to add a fourth core piece (not counting Green as a core piece) and compete. If they waste the cap space to give broken-down Tim and Manu another year, it will hurt that plan. Part of it's the money. But part of it is also just them being on the roster, being in the rotation, playing in crunch time, forcing younger guys off the roster, encouraging the Spurs to stash picks. The Spurs jettisoned their old role-players to build around their core six years ago. They have to do so again now. It's just that their old role-players are their former core.

Thank you

Horse
05-14-2016, 06:19 PM

You're already a warriors fan so fuck off

DMC
05-14-2016, 06:52 PM
Everyone thinks the atmosphere will change when Tim leaves and it will, but nothing like it will for Manu's absence. That 2nd unit is the most exciting thing in basketball, and that being gone is just shitty.

ElNono
05-14-2016, 06:53 PM
Manu said post game he's gonna take some time and think about it... Said he enjoyed the camaraderie and chemistry on this roster a lot (not surprising since LMA was singing Manu praise a couple months ago). I think if Tim retires Manu will follow suit, otherwise I think there's a chance he might come back for one last time on a reduced role (which is what he had this season)

Spur|n|Austin
05-14-2016, 06:55 PM

:lol edgy

Spurs 4 The Win
05-14-2016, 06:58 PM

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/51320484.jpg

Silver&Black
05-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Timmy can do whatever he wants.

If we wants to retire...cool. If he wants to play next year...cool. If he wants to sit on the bench wearing street clothes like Bonner did this year and collect them checks....cool.

poeticism707
05-14-2016, 07:54 PM
Timmy can do whatever he wants.

If we wants to retire...cool. If he wants to play next year...cool. If he wants to sit on the bench wearing street clothes like Bonner did this year and collect them checks....cool.

Agreed. TD can do whatever the f he wants.

Know how many titles Spurs have without TD? Zero

How many 50 win seasons since 99? Zero

All those extra millions from playoff home games? Zero

Playoff appearances since David Robinson hurt his back? Zero

The number of COTY awards Pop would have? 0

Pop would have been out of the league decades ago,

And the Spurs wouldn't even be in San Antonio

Tim Duncan IS THE SPURS MORONS

~O~
05-14-2016, 08:00 PM
Well....if Manu and Tim roll out, I expect this team to be significantly worse. They should become background as trainers or assistants if they so very well retire.

The rest of this lot will never get over their denial until reality hits them hard in a couple of years of how significant the drop off was of those two very players. From now and on, I'll assume that 65% of you will not survive the Spurs rebuild if the spurs go through a tough strain or even possibly miss the playoffs. A wild guess is that about 80% of you have never seen this team rebuild...EVER. The Spurs have only not qualified for the playoffs 4 times team history so I doubt the rebuild is a long lasting scenario. The scouts have their eyes on players already.

Overall, there are heavy risks to the rebuild; mediocrity or nba purgatory (nets, Bulls, Portland, ATlanta, Jazz, etc.).

TheGreatYacht
05-14-2016, 08:14 PM
The only thing I'm going to hate when Manu retires is seeing ElNono every game thread repeating over and over again how bad the bench is, even if they're the best in the NBA :lol

MVPCues
05-14-2016, 09:01 PM
To answer your question, nope.. because you'd still have to pay the Tim and Manu and you really think they'll just hit them with the vet minimum 1.5M next season and tell them to sit at the end of the bench? They're only coming back if they feel like they can contribute, play and ultimately win a championship. No way a 38 and 40 year old legend is going to get out of bed with aspirations to get bounced in the 2nd round. And the only way this team stays competitive is if they go young and stay young.

Plus the spurs are notorious for overpaying their players out of loyalty. They probably eat up 7 or 8 mil between them.

And yeah.. peeps do think that the Spurs should win every year because I'm sure the players feel that way.. They don't go into a season going, welp I hope we can make the playoffs.. that's not the mentality of the Spurs after so many years of success and that breeds expectations of the fans.

I never said they should be happy to just make the playoffs. I want them to win every year as well. I expect them to make moves to get better to try and win a chip. They did that last summer. I expect them to do that again. I don't expect them to actually win it every year to the point that if they don't they are automatically on the wrong path.

They won 67 games this year. If some players didn't choke on wide ass open shots in multiple games they would be playing GS tomorrow. There were some horrible late calls and no calls in multiple games that could have made the difference. If not for those, they might be playing GS tomorrow. If literally four or five of those wide open shots fall, Spurs are in the western conference finals. We probably lose to GS. Should every team rebuild every year until someone beats GS?

If Manu comes back, I think his option is for 2.9 million. TD is 6.5 I think. Bobo's contract is for 7 million next year. As long as Bobo's is payed 7 million for his lackluster play the last two years, yes, TD can come back if he wants. Same for Manu at 2.9 million.

I'm all for getting younger and faster. Start with Bonner. Bobo next. Practically zero chance Miller and Martin are back. Patty is young, he didn't show much much this year. Simmons is a keeper. I know Kyle will be a Spur next year, but Timmy will be faster at 45 years of age than Kyle is at 22. I'm all for some moves to try and get younger and more athletic, but 9.4 million in trade for Timmy and Manu is not the only place to look.

You got one thing exactly right. Timmy and Manu will want to come back if they think they can win a chip.

K...
05-14-2016, 09:30 PM
The only thing I'm going to hate when Manu retires is seeing ElNono every game thread repeating over and over again how bad the bench is, even if they're the best in the NBA :lol

but you'll be "+1 fuck fat head" every time.

K...
05-14-2016, 09:37 PM
Well....if Manu and Tim roll out, I expect this team to be significantly worse. They should become background as trainers or assistants if they so very well retire.

The rest of this lot will never get over their denial until reality hits them hard in a couple of years of how significant the drop off was of those two very players. From now and on, I'll assume that 65% of you will not survive the Spurs rebuild if the spurs go through a tough strain or even possibly miss the playoffs. A wild guess is that about 80% of you have never seen this team rebuild...EVER. The Spurs have only not qualified for the playoffs 4 times team history so I doubt the rebuild is a long lasting scenario. The scouts have their eyes on players already.

Overall, there are heavy risks to the rebuild; mediocrity or nba purgatory (nets, Bulls, Portland, ATlanta, Jazz, etc.).

spoken as the last surviving Magic fan, eh?

Those of us who have been through the 1997 tank season might stand a chance, that was a serious fun season. And of course, 6 is our defense against all hardships.

The biggest thing is that some fans will reject players with ego. WE could withstand S jax and parker because tim was always the alpha omega.

A rebuild will likely include trading away a late prime kawhi. That is unless he wins multiple championships then he can get the TOSB treatment. But shipping him off for a lottery pick will be key in any rebuild and with the lottery you really can't afford to wait for those high character players.

You take best talent and work from there. If that is someone like Lillard (plz no Snitches though), then so be it, that's the spurs.

Same with coaches. Don't pick the pop acolyte just because it feels right, pick the best coach even if that coach doesn't share pop's values.

ElNono
05-14-2016, 10:08 PM

If Kyle sticks around I feel you're going to hear that a lot, tbh... :lol

Hope he improves though

TheGreatYacht
05-14-2016, 11:28 PM
but you'll be "+1 fuck fat head" every time.

If Kyle sticks around I feel you're going to hear that a lot, tbh... :lol

Hope he improves though
Damn y'all are right. We're fucked. Fat head playing point :lmao

SpursDynasty
05-14-2016, 11:59 PM
Would like to see Tim and Manu back just to make it 15 years as a trio with Tony.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2016, 12:27 AM

Really? Then maybe you can be a fan of a team that is 20 games under 500 before the All-Star break. See how much fun the regular season is.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2016, 12:30 AM
It routinely amazes me how spoiled this fan base is. Magic Johnson who is pretty much universally regarded as a top-five player of all-time has five championship rings. Tim Duncan has five in his era as a spur. Exactly how many titles did you think the spurs were going to win with Tim Duncan?

Sean Cagney
05-15-2016, 01:04 AM

Yes sirrrrr..

SAGirl
05-15-2016, 05:04 AM
This is the problem I see with them returning. Can they pitch in here and there? Sure. RS cupcake teams they will defeat and get us in garbage time early but that is fool's gold in the end and it does two bad things for younger players:
1. It doesn't allow them to struggle and develop into the roles you want them to play in the postseason while they are the ones defeating the cupcake teams not the vets. If you don't expose the younger players to this on the regular, when the postseason arrives and the vets shrink or can't carry the burden, the younger players "are not ready." The really wild like Simmons will impersonate the worst Turnobili you have ever seen, while guys like Boban will foul out faster than you can count to 6, the careful guys like Kyle will disappear. If you don't want this to happen, you have to rely on these (or any other young players we may have) through thick and thin, and they must own a sense of responsibility for the team... the sensation that "this team goes as I go."
2. Now that we are retooling, you have to let younger players struggle through the regular season and overcome, and struggle they will, yes. They may not even approach initially the washed up versions of the vets, but rising and overcoming is the only way guys improve.
3. Agree with you 100% I feel Pop will get angry with youngsters, bench them a whole lot and play the old guys, instead of coaching the youth. I didn't like that about Messina either (riding Timmy and Manu when they were cold and having bad games... I have seen that often before). If you are going to ride someone who is going to have a bad game anyways, ride the youngsters all the way.

SAGirl
05-15-2016, 05:20 AM
Duncan had a knee injury.

That's not the same as aging -- it's not irrevocable.

Let's allow him to recover before we put a cap in him.
It was never reported as injury. As far as I know it was knee soreness, and frankly it sounded age related, thus he was allowed to rest until he himself pushed Pop to let him play although he didn't look anywhere near 100% at any point after that.

sasaint
05-15-2016, 07:24 AM
This is the problem I see with them returning. Can they pitch in here and there? Sure. RS cupcake teams they will defeat and get us in garbage time early but that is fool's gold in the end and it does two bad things for younger players:
1. It doesn't allow them to struggle and develop into the roles you want them to play in the postseason while they are the ones defeating the cupcake teams not the vets. If you don't expose the younger players to this on the regular, when the postseason arrives and the vets shrink or can't carry the burden, the younger players "are not ready." The really wild like Simmons will impersonate the worst Turnobili you have ever seen, while guys like Boban will foul out faster than you can count to 6, the careful guys like Kyle will disappear. If you don't want this to happen, you have to rely on these (or any other young players we may have) through thick and thin, and they must own a sense of responsibility for the team... the sensation that "this team goes as I go."
2. Now that we are retooling, you have to let younger players struggle through the regular season and overcome, and struggle they will, yes. They may not even approach initially the washed up versions of the vets, but rising and overcoming is the only way guys improve.
3. Agree with you 100% I feel Pop will get angry with youngsters, bench them a whole lot and play the old guys, instead of coaching the youth. I didn't like that about Messina either (riding Timmy and Manu when they were cold and having bad games... I have seen that often before). If you are going to ride someone who is going to have a bad game anyways, ride the youngsters all the way.

Exactly. Some posters correctly identified the Spurs as fool's gold this season, when I was uncertain but hopeful that they were wrong. Retaining Tim and Manu would make the Spurs real fool's gold next season. That couple of games that Messina coached drove me nuts. I fear that would be the norm once again. You are absolutely correct about Simmons and Anderson. I have consistently called them both Spurs TNG, but it is time to find out. If those guys live up to the potential that we have seen in flashes, then we have some answers to a couple of big questions. If not, we need to cut ties and find some other guys capable of being reliable rotation contributors. That time is now.

Chinook
05-15-2016, 09:00 AM
It routinely amazes me how spoiled this fan base is. Magic Johnson who is pretty much universally regarded as a top-five player of all-time has five championship rings. Tim Duncan has five in his era as a spur. Exactly how many titles did you think the spurs were going to win with Tim Duncan?

:rolleyes

This has nothing to do with the Spurs not winning this year. It has everything to do with Manu and Tim being done and the team needing to move on. You act like the Spurs are a lock to be an elite team with those two on the roster next year. They're not. They lack talent all over the place, and they need to replace it by seriously rebuilding the 4-15 on the roster. They can't afford for their depth to get worse for a fourth straight year. It's showing now. There aren't spoiled fans here, but there are a number of them that lack perspective.

Chinook
05-15-2016, 09:01 AM
Oh, and obviously Tim and Manu can do what they want. They have player options for that reason. Just a pointless interjection to say something so obvious.

jdelar03
05-15-2016, 09:30 AM
Stfu tbh or better yet tbqh you wouldnt even be talking about the Spurs save for Duncan and Manu they can stay they can retire they can coach they can be starters if they want. Duncan and Manu are the Spurs and can do what ever the fuck they want and tell me again how have you contributed to even one title run sitting in your underwear on your lazy boy drinking a beer... Please fuck off for you to tell them they got to go fuck off and be an okc fan you bitch see how many parades you enjoy get the fuck out of here

tholdren
05-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Stfu tbh or better yet tbqh you wouldnt even be talking about the Spurs save for Duncan and Manu they can stay they can retire they can coach they can be starters if they want. Duncan and Manu are the Spurs and can do what ever the fuck they want and tell me again how have you contributed to even one title run sitting in your underwear on your lazy boy drinking a beer... Please fuck off for you to tell them they got to go fuck off and be an okc fan you bitch see how many parades you enjoy get the fuck out of here
gay

K...
05-15-2016, 09:37 AM
I always thought it'd be cool to have a legends league. Say a four team set up of guys who played at least 6 years and aren't ready to retire. Like imagine something like the Kobe show but not in the context of competitive basketball.

The all star game is shit because players don't get to practice so it's 100% heroball.

it could be a win win since you'd offer a way for teams to offload contracts but not shaft guys out of their contract $$.

Basically i am always looking to bail the NBA out of their slide towards 100 games a year. In a weak league i want some distractions.

Chinook
05-15-2016, 10:24 AM

Tantrum like a little kid. Pathetic. Newsflash, you baby: None of us are on a two-way radio with Manu and Tim. We aren't "telling" them shit. We are talking about whether them being on the roster helps the team more next year than the team going in a different direction. Take your tears and shove them up your ass if you can't handle it.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2016, 10:35 AM
:rolleyes

This has nothing to do with the Spurs not winning this year. It has everything to do with Manu and Tim being done and the team needing to move on. You act like the Spurs are a lock to be an elite team with those two on the roster next year. They're not. They lack talent all over the place, and they need to replace it by seriously rebuilding the 4-15 on the roster. They can't afford for their depth to get worse for a fourth straight year. It's showing now. There aren't spoiled fans here, but there are a number of them that lack perspective.

It's an overall attitude that is the problem around here. The team wins 67 games but because they lose in the playoffs the year is written off as a failure. People want to dump the whole roster practically. Even during the year in winning 67, people had this attitude of "Well we can't beat the Warriors so whatever" And I never said Tim and Manu should be on the team next year, or that they want to be. But if they do, you and every other Spurs fan should support that for all they have done. The team is not in better shape to win it all next year with them gone. 67 wins is a lot of wins and next year they could win 55 but go further in the playoffs.. But during that 55 win season fans will bitch and moan that we are not good enough..

HankChinaski
05-15-2016, 10:50 AM
If the bench role is to bring energy and speed up the pace, then Tim will not fit there. He cannot transition well enough to fit that style. You need a fast big who can make the transition must faster if you're going to have a pace change during the sub out. If you're still playing the same old slow pace, you're just going to lose anyhow. Tim doesn't need to hang around to avoid going into the HOF with Kobe, that thought is silly because Tim doesn't give a fuck about any of that. Tim's speech will last about 1 minute. The two entering at the same time would be fitting since they were rivals throughout their careers. So anyone who watched Kobe's retirement speech would see Tim there as well.

lol the things people think of to sustain their fandom.

I have been of the opinion that he will go through the summer to see who his body/knees react to rehab. If the better knee is a OK he comes back. If not he retires.

If it is still bad and be returns I am having your same view and that he definitely shouldn't return starter or bench

kaji157
05-15-2016, 10:52 AM
I agree the Spurs have to improve, but i do not think you can get better production out of those 7.5 millions Tim and Manu eat.

They´ll do well in regular season and give your starters solid rest time, plus they can help from time to time in the playoffs.

They are not overpaid by any means, you need to improve the parts of the team where we are overpaying.

HankChinaski
05-15-2016, 11:01 AM
Also I don't care about what year he goes in he is going in no matter what.

If the man comes back one more year on his contract it isn't a bad idea compared to the alternatives the Spurs would be spending with the cap increasing so long as a new role is established for him.

skulls138
05-15-2016, 11:59 AM
So that means they SHOULD stay right? You being usually right on the money...in the opposite way. I get it, wink wink.

spurraider21
05-15-2016, 01:07 PM
They earned to do whatever they want, tbh... it's very unlikely we're going to be winning championships in the next 2-3 years anyways, IMO, unless we get some fluke, magical rejuvenation season from either of those two guys...

OP might want to test the OKC waters in the meantime, tbh...
this is the same crap people will say about parker. makes sense for duncan and duncan alone

BatManu20
05-15-2016, 01:35 PM

spursistan
05-15-2016, 01:37 PM

kaji157
05-15-2016, 01:38 PM
this is the same crap people will say about parker. makes sense for duncan and duncan alone

Not true, it makes sense for both as both have taken substantial pay cuts for the team and most likely the team is as it is right now because they have allowed it with their paycuts over and over.
This cannot be said for parker who always took really close to market value. He just never got a max contract because he never was a max player.

SuperCam
05-15-2016, 02:35 PM
What big could we get that's better off the bench for 18 minutes a game than Tim for his salary?

Manure has to go though

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 02:44 PM
It's an overall attitude that is the problem around here. The team wins 67 games but because they lose in the playoffs the year is written off as a failure. People want to dump the whole roster practically. Even during the year in winning 67, people had this attitude of "Well we can't beat the Warriors so whatever" And I never said Tim and Manu should be on the team next year, or that they want to be. But if they do, you and every other Spurs fan should support that for all they have done. The team is not in better shape to win it all next year with them gone. 67 wins is a lot of wins and next year they could win 55 but go further in the playoffs.. But during that 55 win season fans will bitch and moan that we are not good enough..

You're missing the whole point. This team as currently constructed have very little offensive versatility and talent. Tim is a huge offensive liability at this point and Manu can barely attack the rim.

67 wins is nothing relative to the competition. OKC, CLE, GSW all have younger and multiple offensive talent. They might not be better fitted to win next year with them gone, but it does gives the spurs more room to operate as far as the cap is concerned.

Free agents that fit the spurs are hard to come by. If you're a contending team, you make moves that can improve your teams chances of winning. Staying Pat isnt going to to improve them. Making changes can.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2016, 02:56 PM
67 wins is nothing relative to the competition. OKC, CLE, GSW all have younger and multiple offensive talent. They might not be better fitted to win next year with them gone, but it does gives the spurs more room to operate as far as the cap is concerned.

And who was really picking OKC to beat us a the start of the series? A lot of Monday morning QB's around here. Cleveland I would take the Spurs to beat them right now without blinking.. All the Spurs had to do was make one shot with less than 30 seconds left in game 5 and we likely have a game 7 in our building. Tony makes that jumper, one he has made so many times before.. A play here or there. That was it..

SuperCam
05-15-2016, 03:02 PM
And who was really picking OKC to beat us a the start of the series? A lot of Monday morning QB's around here. Cleveland I would take the Spurs to beat them right now without blinking.. All the Spurs had to do was make one shot with less than 30 seconds left in game 5 and we likely have a game 7 in our building. Tony makes that jumper, one he has made so many times before.. A play here or there. That was it..

Cleveland would sweep this team could not keep up with them on offense who is going to stop kyrie? and if kawhi is on lebron he wouldnt have anything in the tank for the other end

and yes there were those of us who predicted thunder to win in 6

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 03:10 PM

No one picked the thunder save maybe for TD21, but now that the results were out, proved to be that we were wrong.

OKC is not rhe only team out there. If the spurs somehow won that series. They were not the better team, they would have been obliterated by a better GSW and CLE.

Its time to move on.

dbreiden83080
05-15-2016, 03:13 PM
Cleveland would sweep this team could not keep up with them on offense who is going to stop kyrie? and if kawhi is on lebron he wouldnt have anything in the tank for the other end

and yes there were those of us who predicted thunder to win in 6

We have beat Lebron in the finals twice. He wants no part of Leonard whatsoever. Did you even watch the 2014 finals?? And Kevin Love fucking sucks..

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 03:26 PM
We have beat Lebron in the finals twice. He wants no part of Leonard whatsoever. Did you even watch the 2014 finals?? And Kevin Love fucking sucks..

Kevin love doesnt suck :lol

Hes the reason why CLE has been taking a wet shit on every team in the east. Hes edsentially their most valuable offensive pieace. Hes been the reaso why they've been breaking all sorts of offensive record in the postseason. :lol

SuperCam
05-15-2016, 03:26 PM

this team got buttfucked by westbrook, durant, adams and roberson and you don't think kyrie and lebron could push our shit in? spurshomer take tbh

SuperCam
05-15-2016, 03:28 PM
6'8 boris and 6'9 offensive liability dwest against leBRon and Kevkin love :lol

Kyrie the spur killer who unlike beastbrook can shoot threes :wow

05-15-2016, 03:54 PM
There's still room for Duncan... he anchored the best defense in the NBA and can play a Garnett role next year to ease the transition. No more than 15 minutes a game though and eventually another center should start over him. The $5.5 million will be overpaying for a 4-5th big but it's not that much. Spurs can pay the face of the fucking franchise a couple million over market.

If Duncan wants to opt out and sign for the vet min, then that's up to him.

I'm 50-50 on Ginobili. He can take over Andre Miller's role as the insurance PG. His salary is like $2.9 million. Overpaid for a third string point guard, but again, not even by that much.

Spurs have great contracts... other than Parker's and maybe Diaw's. Parker's $14 million is just eating up so much space. If the Spurs really want to maximize their re-tool, Duncan and Ginobili will have to opt out and take the vet minimum. I think that'll free up an extra $8.5 million and the Spurs can sign the two after they go over the cap (similar to what they did this year). But those two still have value on the Spurs end of the bench.

If Duncan and Ginobili retire, the Spurs still have to find someone to replace them. And there's no guarantee they can find anyone better for their salary.

tholdren
05-15-2016, 04:15 PM

They cannot go further with this group IMO. 67 wins, 55 wins, 40 wins, doesn't matter if they get to the playoffs and win less than 16.

BSfromTX
05-15-2016, 04:39 PM

Seriously? Those two can do whatever they want......and as if anyone here cares you leave?

soxxx
05-15-2016, 04:58 PM
To much prisoner of the moment stuff going on here, people wanted to blow the team up after 2011, 2012, 2013, what a mistake that would have been. Blowing up a 67 win team that lost games in the final minutes/refs would be a huge mistake. The West has peaked, next season OKC might not have Durant, the Warriors are peaking the same way the 2013 heat did.

I like our chances if we bring back the same team next year, especially if OKC loses Durant. To be honest to, I think the Spurs will come back with the same Hunger they did after 2013. We beat ourselves, clearly, our own mistakes did us in, in 2012 the Thunder just outclassed us, they didnt do that this year.

tholdren
05-15-2016, 05:37 PM
To much prisoner of the moment stuff going on here, people wanted to blow the team up after 2011, 2012, 2013, what a mistake that would have been. Blowing up a 67 win team that lost games in the final minutes/refs would be a huge mistake. The West has peaked, next season OKC might not have Durant, the Warriors are peaking the same way the 2013 heat did.

I like our chances if we bring back the same team next year, especially if OKC loses Durant. To be honest to, I think the Spurs will come back with the same Hunger they did after 2013. We beat ourselves, clearly, our own mistakes did us in, in 2012 the Thunder just outclassed us, they didnt do that this year.
You would have thought the loss to the clippers was all the "hunger" spurs needed.

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2016, 05:40 PM
What big could we get that's better off the bench for 18 minutes a game than Tim for his salary?

Manure has to go though
Agreed. Duncan and Parker have earned the right to stay, they took pay cuts and never cost the team a championship..

Same can't be said for others....

r0drig0lac
05-15-2016, 05:43 PM

really? we will be killed on the boards and by athletic teams again

dbreiden83080
05-15-2016, 06:20 PM
this team got buttfucked by westbrook, durant, adams and roberson and you don't think kyrie and lebron could push our shit in? spurshomer take tbh

I think Lebron's dog-shit record in the finals speaks for itself. Ray Allen saved his ass from being 1-5..

Kevin love doesnt suck :lol

Hes the reason why CLE has been taking a wet shit on every team in the east. Hes edsentially their most valuable offensive pieace. Hes been the reaso why they've been breaking all sorts of offensive record in the postseason. :lol

Yes he is doing so great against the mighty elite of the eastern conference. Teams so bad none of them except Cleveland would even make the playoffs in the 90's.. So very impressive indeed.

soxxx
05-15-2016, 06:33 PM
You would have thought the loss to the clippers was all the "hunger" spurs needed.Different, the team was snake bitten all year, and got snake bit by the Clippers. This year was the opposite, this team closed out games all year, played great defense, etc but the series against the Thunder we reverted back to being unable to close games.

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 07:25 PM
I think Lebron's dog-shit record in the finals speaks for itself. Ray Allen saved his ass from being 1-5..

Yes he is doing so great against the mighty elite of the eastern conference. Teams so bad none of them except Cleveland would even make the playoffs in the 90's.. So very impressive indeed.

The competition in the east from 5-8 is significantly better than the west. :lol

Slippy
05-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Tim and Manu deserve to go out on their own terms so if they want to come back as a fan I'm all for it . Not too concerned with how bigger roles they will take up because Pop will clearly spell it out to them. Their roles will be lesser if they come back. They will also do what's best for the team. These two live and breathe Spurs.

Tony how-ever, I'm not so sure the same rule applies. Pop is still yelling/coaching at him. Praising Andre Miller wishing he was 30 is another backhander on Tone. If there's a taker and a worthy replacement. Gotta think the FO will consider it.