PDA

View Full Version : ESPN FIRST TAKE: Should Duncan and Ginobili retire?

spursparker9
05-14-2016, 11:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-urK8MpSn08

spurs10
05-14-2016, 01:08 PM
Both agree they can still contribute on the court and in the locker room. Stephen A. say's they ain't what they used to be and they might be tired of the life.

tholdren
05-14-2016, 01:10 PM
Manu should retire - he's my favorite spur, but he played soft as a ho.

DMC
05-14-2016, 03:56 PM
1st: SA Smith basically contradicts himself on the Durant thing. He says KD wouldn't come to SA because he beat SA. Then says he wouldn't go to GS because GS won two rings, they don't need him. He's then saying KD shouldn't go to a team he can beat or he can't beat. One thing we know and KD probably knows as well, the Thunder probably cannot win a ring with KD and RW on the floor at the same time. KD is going to have to go elsewhere to have a legit shot at a title. SA would be one of those places. KD/LMA and KL along with a good passing PG and Danny Green on the wing would be a nightmare for the league, a nightmare. Their only weakness would be a solid post up game but that team could run and avoid most of it as the Thunder do now.

2nd: It's silly to say someone else should retire. I would sooner say the team should waive them or try to talk them into retirement. I wouldn't say the player should retire. Why should Tim pay 7m to retire? Why not just ride the bench, get free travel and shit for another year for that 7m plus whatever "about to retire" endorsements he can scrape up? I think he'll re-sign UNLESS he has to have surgery in the off season and even then he might just be out until Christmas.