PDA

View Full Version : Why can't Spurs fans just let go?

south side spur
05-14-2016, 03:34 PM
Do you want Duncan to end up like Earl Campbell? It's obvious Ginobilis brain will never adapt to his aging body. It's time. It's time to let these warriors go.

They've spearheaded one of the greatest runs in NBA history. However, it's over. If they hang on any longer they just delay the inevitable. That a transition is needed.

It's more than salary cap implications because we all understand they don't make much. On this team though they are the leaders.

I heard a fan on the radio the other day say that they offer more than basketball ability to the Spurs. They provide leadership, or how y'all like to say, corporate knowledge. There's only one problem, when you see your leaders in battle and it's obvious that they aren't producing you're not thinking about their leadership and you can't help but lose confidence.

That's what's happened with these players. With Aldridge especially...but also with Leonard. They see their leaders fall short and doubt creeps in. It's only natural.

It's time for these legends to retire. They've given everything. Now it's on Aldridge and Leonard to be the leaders. Parker, Green, and Mills have the corporate knowledge. Marjonovic, Anderson and Simmons will all be more experienced and better overall. There's enough to see this team through this transition, but it has to begin.

Thanks to West, Miller, and Martin but your services are no longer required. They're past their prime and don't even really know the Spurs way regardless if they fit in or not.

Bring some draft kids in, salary cap's moving up so sign 1 or 2 free agents and let's begin this transition. This franchise is in great hands with Aldridge, Leonard, Green and even Parker if he sticks around.

Don't be spoiled millennials, Spurs fans. It's ok to let go. As far as Pop, if he wants to retire so be it. Ime or Messina will do fine. If you leave Pop, just make sure you take Bonner with you and y'all can continue yalls "special" relationship.

So please, let's have a river parade for Duncan and Ginobili where millions of South Texans turnout. This celebration would take away from the NBA championship. I wonder if Parker would retire to be a part of this. I doubt it.

TheGreatYacht
05-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Good thread.

I've been ready for Manu's departure for half a decade, but I don't even wanna imagine what this team will look like without Timmy :depressed . If he does hang them up, at least his career PPG won't get wrecked and the millennials won't remember Tim this way. All those washed up years Kobe had impacted his legacy in a bad way. I've already seen some of them compare Tim's stats from 2006-present to Carlos fucking Boozer smh.

As far as the parade goes... Fat Antonio will probably show up an hour late when the parade ends