PDA

View Full Version : This year's lack of offensive versatility was cased by two factors.

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 12:56 AM
No Legit Rollman

-TD too old for the role
-Bobo pops and post
-Adlridge never rolls. Might hurt his feelings.
-Boban was barely in the rotation
-West another pick and Pop guy.

No Consistent rim attacker.

- First few minutes spacing was atrocious with Duncan being a huge spacing liability to Parker and Kawhi
- 0.5 penetrators in the bench. Manu is more of a pick and find a guy player nowadys. Cant attack relentllesly anymore.
- Parker played a decent amount of minutes with Duncan. Really clogged the lane for him and forced to pass
-Aldridge Poped 100% of the time. No attacking lane for him
-Kawhi has zero authority. Allowed Mills and others to run shitty post ups and pick and pops instead of attacking.
-Kawhi doesnt have a scoring mindset.
-Lacks the selfishness that Popvich has been asking for him to consistently attack.

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 12:58 AM
I'm hoping PATFo address these needs in the offseason. Specially a legit rollman to open up the corner threes. Need more offensive punch.

spursistan
05-15-2016, 01:02 AM
No Legit Rollman

-TD too old for the role
-Bobo pops and post

- First few minutes spacing was atrocious with Duncan being a huge spacing liability to Parker and Kawhi
- 0.5 penetrators in the bench. Manu is more of a pick and find a guy player nowadys. Cant attack relentllesly anymore.
- Parker played a decent amount of minutes with Duncan. Really clogged the lane for him and forced to pass
-Kawhi has zero authority. Allowed Mills and others to run shitty post ups and pick and pops instead of attacking.
-Lacks the selfishness that Popvich has been asking for him to consistently attack.
Nigga avoids the media podium room after stuffing the boxscore with 30/10/5/4/3 games? WTF is this anti-social attitude, tbh?

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 01:13 AM
Nigga avoids the media podium room after stuffing the boxscore with 30/10/5/4/3 games? WTF is this anti-social attitude, tbh?

It's a schtick bro. :lol

Kawhi was super vocal in college. I am a huge kawhi fan, but even I aknowledge his "humble quietness" is a narrative schitck. :lol

05-15-2016, 01:18 AM

Kawhi was super vocal in college. I am a huge kawhi fan, but even I aknowledge his "humble quietness" is a narrative schitck. :lolIt's a schtick that needs to end, asap.

05-15-2016, 01:20 AM
Before stretch bigs were all the rage, great slashers still found their way into the paint. It's no excuse tbh

spursistan
05-15-2016, 01:25 AM

Kawhi was super vocal in college. I am a huge kawhi fan, but even I aknowledge his "humble quietness" is a narrative schitck. :lol
His quietness/aloofness is actually starting to derail his ascendancy on court...Haven't seen him yell at/prod his teammates, bring them together in huddle, put an arm on struggling one etc...need to act like the team is fuckin' his..

There is just something off about this Kawhi-led team on the chemistry/hierarchy front..And, yeah, the shtick needs to end..He needs to go get wired by some Kobe mentality in the summer..

sook
05-15-2016, 02:58 AM
Actually just needed rebounding. Aldrige and West's biggest strengths against Golden State were the biggest weakness in this series. OKC plays stupid ball like the rockets did when they swept the spurs in the regular season in 15', just out rebound and chuck away. This occasionally works and things fell in line for them.

K...
05-15-2016, 10:19 AM
I would think a roll big for the bench is more important. We could probably get by with another year of iso heaven.

It really comes down to how much talent we can afford on the market. The holes in rebounding, ball movement, and defendning the rim, could all be the same player but not at bargain salaries. I hope the FO figures out the bigs issue first before maxing out Conley.

Kikoluna
05-15-2016, 11:00 AM
I would think a roll big for the bench is more important. We could probably get by with another year of iso heaven.

It really comes down to how much talent we can afford on the market. The holes in rebounding, ball movement, and defendning the rim, could all be the same player but not at bargain salaries. I hope the FO figures out the bigs issue first before maxing out Conley.
Why do you have mouth open guy as your pic? Common man

K...
05-15-2016, 11:27 AM
Why do you have mouth open guy as your pic? Common man

Warrior spurs fandom hardcore junior member!

Just repping the most classy western conf team left remaining. With the most skilled big after Duncan as my avatar. (Adams is a close second).

daslicer
05-15-2016, 12:09 PM

:lol What a lie. This is like saying Tony Parker's natural game was like John Stockton when he played in Europe but changed once he joined the Spurs. Go post a clip that shows he was vocal. Kawhi is a hardcore introvert it is what it is. That is never going to change no matter how much you want it to change.

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2016, 12:21 PM
It's a schtick that needs to end, asap.
Agreed. It's affecting the way he gets calls, or lack thereof. Chimpbrook and Raymond always cry to the refs and it pays off.

Hoops Czar
05-15-2016, 12:23 PM

It's no shtick. He's just socially awkward.

Hoops Czar
05-15-2016, 12:25 PM
:lol What a lie. This is like saying Tony Parker's natural game was like John Stockton when he played in Europe but changed once he joined the Spurs. Go post a clip that shows he was vocal. Kawhi is a hardcore introvert it is what it is. That is never going to change no matter how much you want it to change.

Truthbomb is a truthbomb.

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 01:57 PM
Have any of you retards seen kawhi in college or predraft? :lmao

Check out his games with the lobos.

BackHome
05-15-2016, 03:31 PM
No Legit Rollman

-TD too old for the role
-Bobo pops and post

You Forgot:
Green - A Shooing Guard who can not shoot or dribble the ball.
Boner - Why the Hell is he still on team- should have kept Butler.

spurraider21
05-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Have any of you retards seen kawhi in college or predraft? :lmao

Check out his games with the lobos.
have you seen adam morrison in college?

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 03:37 PM
have you seen adam morrison in college?

That not the point dumbass. We're arguing about personality not Game

spurraider21
05-15-2016, 03:44 PM
That not the point dumbass. We're arguing about personality not Game
they both change. morrison was a big talker in college, wasn't nearly as in-your-face in the pros even when he was getting a lot of minutes as a rookie

HI-FI
05-15-2016, 03:49 PM
Kawhi seemed to let loose more in college games but every article I've read is he's always been very introverted. Supposedly he'd duck out of parties early to go the gym in the morning. Just how he is wired.

BD24
05-15-2016, 04:33 PM
Weren't you self banning yourself if we didn't beat the Warriors faggot? Or are you being a **** and using the we didn't get to the Warriors loophole. I figured you would try to keep the charade of staying true to your word for at least a few days before comin back

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 05:02 PM
they both change. morrison was a big talker in college, wasn't nearly as in-your-face in the pros even when he was getting a lot of minutes as a rookie

Morrison was a scrub. There was no reason for him to have an ego. Leonard is a top 5 player in the league and a first team all nba player. Hes got every reason to make demands.

kaji157
05-15-2016, 05:19 PM
I think the main lack in this years offense is that none of our 2 offensive options are good passers.

They both still are not able to realize when to force the issue and when to pass, specially Kawhi that would take very difficult shots with a 3 point shooter while open and then pass up on a much open and easy look.

HeŽll learn in time and so will Aldridge.

I feel that if Duncan and Ginobili continue on the team, so will Parker and we will try to once again go passing mode to alleviate some of the burden on Kawhi and LA.

SouthernFried
05-15-2016, 05:54 PM
One word being avoided...not sure why.

TONY PARKER. Ok, that's 2...lol. Doesn't attack or distribute. Get just a "decent" starting PG, and watch things change.

Spurtacular
05-15-2016, 05:56 PM
OP; motherfucker. You type on here all damn day. Stop pretending you don't know how to spell. Your shit gets old.

Spurtacular
05-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Kawhi was super vocal in college.

1. You didn't watch him in college.
2. No, he wasn't.

AFMadison
05-15-2016, 06:34 PM
1. You didn't watch him in college.
2. No, he wasn't.
OP probably wants to run more ISO's

Hoops Czar
05-15-2016, 07:08 PM
One word being avoided...not sure why.

TONY PARKER. Ok, that's 2...lol. Doesn't attack or distribute. Get just a "decent" starting PG, and watch things change.

He distributes just fine. You're just not seeing it show up in the box score because the two main offensive weapons are playing Isolation 80% of the time which results in less passing and assists.

jimbo
05-15-2016, 07:40 PM
No Legit Rollman

-TD too old for the role
-Bobo pops and post

Agree with the roll man. Manu and Tiago were the reasons we even got out of the 1st round in 2014. What were they doing? Attacking the Mavs' slow moving bigs with pick and rolls. That's what we needed to do against OKC, but we didn't have anyone that could do it. Boban might be able to, but we didn't play him enough in the regular season/design an offense around him so that we would actually have plays to run out of the pick and roll.

We really did miss Tiago this year (and last year tbh).

Kiwi should be the team's best slasher, but dude is kinda autistic so i can see why he wouldn't be able to.

jimbo
05-15-2016, 07:40 PM
OP probably wants to run more ISO's

he literally said to run more pick and rolls in half of his post

DMC
05-16-2016, 12:04 AM
When Tim and Manu leave KL will come out of his shell and TP will be a prison bitch.

AFMadison
05-16-2016, 12:07 AM
he literally said to run more pick and rolls in half of his post
Yea, now that the Spurs have been put out of the playoffs. Op covering every area to hide his trails

apalisoc_9
05-16-2016, 12:14 AM
When Tim and Manu leave KL will come out of his shell and TP will be a prison bitch.

You want timmy and Manu to retire?

DMC
05-16-2016, 12:36 AM
You want timmy and Manu to retire?

I'd be ok either way, but KL won't be alpha until the alphas leave. It doesn't matter what Pop says. How many times do you need to be told that you're the man? I see KL struggling internally with the decision to assert himself more, but through large stretches of the game he remains silent and allows the game to happen around him. That's because Tim and Manu are still playing. Another issues is that Pop is basically the point guard, micromanaging the game through the PG who spends as much time looking at Pop as he does at his own guys. That needs to change to have a fluid transitional offense. You can't have KL turning around at half court to see what play Pop wants to run. They aren't chess pieces. I understand the occasional adjustment but micromanaging kills the game for the Spurs and you can see them lose interest when it's not working. That's why they don't feel any personal accountability; Pop made all the decisions.

TD 21
05-16-2016, 04:58 PM
No Legit Rollman

-TD too old for the role
-Bobo pops and post

Yeah, I mentioned this in a thread last week. As much as I talked about the lack of high percentage, volume three-point shooting being personnel related, it was also a byproduct of their inability to put pressure on the rim.

I see a lot of people placing a lot of blame on Duncan (as if it's his fault his one decent knee finally gave out), yet they had even less spacing with Splitter and made it work and there's still plenty of teams who start limited-non range shooting centers.

The Thunder just beat the Spurs 4 out of 5, with two and a half shooters in their rotation (one of whom is ball dominant) and relied heavily on a two center lineup.

I'm far more concerned with finding a penetrator than I am a roll man. They already have a likely in house one, in Marjanovic, who will be a rotation player next season, plus it's easier to find.

NameLess Scrub
05-16-2016, 05:12 PM
Aldridge would need some work to become more of a roll man, imho. His mind seems to be wired to go right to the jump shot spot to lock on his view to the basket and shoot. I think it's hard to get used to change that and then develop the ability to know when to do what.

I agree with the passing thing. Kawhi and LaMarcus can dominate but they need to be better passers so the game flows better.

apalisoc_9
05-16-2016, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I mentioned this in a thread last week. As much as I talked about the lack of high percentage, volume three-point shooting being personnel related, it was also a byproduct of their inability to put pressure on the rim.

I see a lot of people placing a lot of blame on Duncan (as if it's his fault his one decent knee finally gave out), yet they had even less spacing with Splitter and made it work and there's still plenty of teams who start limited-non range shooting centers.

The Thunder just beat the Spurs 4 out of 5, with two and a half shooters in their rotation (one of whom is ball dominant) and relied heavily on a two center lineup.

I'm far more concerned with finding a penetrator than I am a roll man. They already have a likely in house one, in Marjanovic, who will be a rotation player next season, plus it's easier to find.

Having a rollman and a rim attacker instantly makes you a better three point shooting team just by virture of pulling corner defenders away from their man.

I'm still skeptical with Boban because even though he does have roll gravity, how good of a passer would he be to corner shooters? When defenses realize he cant pass out of a roll or is not a natural passer of a roll, the pick and roll option becomes limited.

I think this team just needs an attacker of the bench. I've considered lin because he's actually a pretty darn good attacker and he can find the shooters. He isnt as turnover prone as he was back in his Rockets days or NY days. Plus, hes the most consistent attacker out of all the free agents this summer. Hos shooting needs improvement.

If the spurs can find these players and add another significant talent, they should be good.

I hate to say it, but kawhi also needs to stop being too passive and use that God Given Gravity he provides for his team and attack. Way too passive. If he fixes that issue, the spurs should make a decent run next year.

gilmor
05-16-2016, 05:44 PM
I'd be ok either way, but KL won't be alpha until the alphas leave. It doesn't matter what Pop says. How many times do you need to be told that you're the man? I see KL struggling internally with the decision to assert himself more, but through large stretches of the game he remains silent and allows the game to happen around him. That's because Tim and Manu are still playing. Another issues is that Pop is basically the point guard, micromanaging the game through the PG who spends as much time looking at Pop as he does at his own guys. That needs to change to have a fluid transitional offense. You can't have KL turning around at half court to see what play Pop wants to run. They aren't chess pieces. I understand the occasional adjustment but micromanaging kills the game for the Spurs and you can see them lose interest when it's not working. That's why they don't feel any personal accountability; Pop made all the decisions.

The reason why KL can't be the alpha is because he has bad ball handling skill. He's athletic no doubt, and in dead ball situation, he will wrestle the ball with his assets, huge hands, etc. Like the one instance against Kanter. But in a fluid offense moment, he is a bad fit if he is handling the ball. Unless you have a good PG (not necessary Parker) who is ball handling and pass him the ball in a favourable position. Other than that, KL is an above-average player, not in the mold of James and Durant. He is not there yet.

TD 21
05-16-2016, 06:03 PM
Having a rollman and a rim attacker instantly makes you a better three point shooting team just by virture of pulling corner defenders away from their man.

I'm still skeptical with Boban because even though he does have roll gravity, how good of a passer would he be to corner shooters? When defenses realize he cant pass out of a roll or is not a natural passer of a roll, the pick and roll option becomes limited.

I think this team just needs an attacker of the bench. I've considered lin because he's actually a pretty darn good attacker and he can find the shooters. He isnt as turnover prone as he was back in his Rockets days or NY days. Plus, hes the most consistent attacker out of all the free agents this summer. Hos shooting needs improvement.

If the spurs can find these players and add another significant talent, they should be good.

I hate to say it, but kawhi also needs to stop being too passive and use that God Given Gravity he provides for his team and attack. Way too passive. If he fixes that issue, the spurs should make a decent run next year.

I know, I'm just saying, I don't buy that everything was Duncan's fault, when we just saw this team mostly flourish from '12-'14, with even less shooting among their starting bigs.

I'm not sold either, but I think Marjanovic has a high enough IQ and is a competent enough passer to make those reads.

Mills is likely to be retained and for obvious reasons, him and Lin can't pair together.

They have limited assets/flexibility and also need a stretch four.

That's the thing with Aldridge: He's caught between big positions. He doesn't screen/roll/defensive rebound/protect the rim well enough to play center full time. But, unless he re-expands his range, he no longer spaces the floor well enough to be a full time power forward and at nearly 31, the clock is ticking on him being mobile enough to defend it.

It's virtually impossible to find the ideal compliment to him, so they're going to need both of those things and have his minutes at either position dependent on match-up.

MaNu4Tres
05-16-2016, 06:08 PM

A roll-man that could come cheap(er) is Miles Plumlee. I think he'd be a great value pick up for the bench -- his skill-set is needed.

As for penetrators or play-makers, I'm hoping a Mills/Diaw for Teague trade can happen. I'd also like the Spurs to kick tires with Evan Turner, Gerald Henderson if Manu doesn't come back. Think those may be more realistic options opposed to Fournier (who'd I'd love but he'll be too expensive or Magic will match). Affalo is another option (if he opts out) , so is Crabbe (if POR doesn't match).

For 3rd PG options, if they don't draft a PG, I'd like it if SA went after Ish Smith or James Ennis.

Potential PF guys on the market I'd be interested in rounding out the summer for cheap would be Teletovic, and Lance Thomas. One PF, I'd love for SA to kick tires with is Terrance Jones. I love what I saw in him 2-3 years ago, he just had a really rough year being around those cancers in Houston and his value can't be lower (Spurs would be buying as low as possible). He has the skill-set that can matchup vs. OKC/Warriors. Would love if SA went after him if the price was right.

TD 21
05-16-2016, 06:23 PM
A roll-man that could come cheap(er) is Miles Plumlee. I think he'd be a great value pick up for the bench -- his skill-set is needed.

As for perpetrators, I'm hoping a Mills/Diaw for Teague trade can happen. I'd also like the Spurs to kick tires with Evan Turner, Gerald Henderson if Manu doesn't come back. Think those may be more realistic options opposed to Fournier (who'd I'd love but he'll be too expensive or Magic will match). Affalo is another option (if he opts out) , so is Crabbe (if POR doesn't match).

For 3rd PG options, if they don't draft a PG, I'd like it if SA went after Ish Smith or James Ennis.

Potential PF guys on the market I'd be interested in rounding out the summer for cheap would be Teletovic, and Lance Thomas. One PF, I'd love for SA to kick tires with is Terrance Jones. I love what I saw in him 2-3 years ago, he just had a really rough year being around those cancers in Houston and his value can't be lower (Spurs would be buying as low as possible). He has the skill-set that can matchup vs. OKC/Warriors. Would love if SA went after him if the price was right.

Yeah, I've mentioned Plumlee in the past. This scenario would leave them without a legit starter though, in which case they'd have to play it by committee. Aldrich and Koufos (they might be able to get him for Diaw), are other options along these lines.

I seriously doubt they could pull a Teague trade off. Henderson and Afflalo are not penetrators or creators period and Turner is similar to Anderson, who they inexplicably love.

Smith has probably done enough to secure a primary backup point guard job Ennis is a small forward/shooting guard.

I think they will go after Teletovic, but he won't come cheap and both the Suns and him have mutual interest in a return. Thomas is interesting, but not yet a volume three-point shooter. Jones is the rare RFA that's both promising and potentially attainable, but it still figures to cost a good amount and though perimeter based, he's not a true stretch four.

apalisoc_9
05-16-2016, 06:29 PM
I know, I'm just saying, I don't buy that everything was Duncan's fault, when we just saw this team mostly flourish from '12-'14, with even less shooting among their starting bigs.

I'm not sold either, but I think Marjanovic has a high enough IQ and is a competent enough passer to make those reads.

Mills is likely to be retained and for obvious reasons, him and Lin can't pair together.

They have limited assets/flexibility and also need a stretch four.

That's the thing with Aldridge: He's caught between big positions. He doesn't screen/roll/defensive rebound/protect the rim well enough to play center full time. But, unless he re-expands his range, he no longer spaces the floor well enough to be a full time power forward and at nearly 31, the clock is ticking on him being mobile enough to defend it.

It's virtually impossible to find the ideal compliment to him, so they're going to need both of those things and have his minutes at either position dependent on match-up.

Of course it's not duncan's fault. He's 40 and accepted a role. I'm positive San Antonio has looked at the possibility of trading mills with diaw. Not a given he's going to be retained.

Part of the reason why I wasnt sold with Aldridge as the other star from our team is because he just makes the offense predictable. He never rolls, and his screens are mostly to get himself in a position to shoot. He gets a lot of post ups too so naturally there's less versatility. Of course, dumbass spursfans cant see the logic to that.

As for penetrators or play-makers, I'm hoping a Mills/Diaw for Teague trade can happen. I'd also like the Spurs to kick tires with Evan Turner, Gerald Henderson if Manu doesn't come back. Think those may be more realistic options opposed to Fournier (who'd I'd love but he'll be too expensive or Magic will match). Affalo is another option (if he opts out) , so is Crabbe (if POR doesn't match).

Turner is a different kind of "penetrator" he isnt usually looking to go all in. Crabe and henderson very rarely atrack. Ish smith though.hmm

MaNu4Tres
05-16-2016, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I've mentioned Plumlee in the past. This scenario would leave them without a legit starter though, in which case they'd have to play it by committee. Aldrich and Koufos (they might be able to get him for Diaw), are other options along these lines.

I seriously doubt they could pull a Teague trade off; Henderson and Afflalo are not penetrators or creators period and Turner is similar to Anderson, who they inexplicably love.

Smith has probably done enough to secure a primary backup point guard job Ennis is a small forward/shooting guard.

I think they will go after Teletovic, but he won't come cheap and both the Suns and him have mutual interest. Thomas is interesting, but not yet a volume three-point shooter. Jones is the rare RFA that's both promising and potentially attainable, but it's still going to cost a significant amount and though perimeter based, he's not a true stretch four.

I think Spurs will still go after Gasol and possibly get into the bidding war for Ezeli if they whiff on Durant/Horford. Think Plumlee can still be in the cards if they end up getting Gasol. (Gasol would start, Plumlee would back him up.)

I never implied Henderson, Turner, Afflalo to be penetrators -- meant Teague.

I meant Tim Frazier, not James Ennis (not sure how I got them confused).

I also think they will also test the waters with Harkless, but I have a feeling he'll reach 8-10 mil per easily after the way he played this year and with the way the NBA is evolving -- his skill-set/size and versatility is valuable.

If Spurs whiff on Horford, Gasol, Ezeli -- Spurs may just go after Batum or Marvin Williams and start one with LMA, Leonard in front court.

DMC
05-16-2016, 06:57 PM
The reason why KL can't be the alpha is because he has bad ball handling skill. He's athletic no doubt, and in dead ball situation, he will wrestle the ball with his assets, huge hands, etc. Like the one instance against Kanter. But in a fluid offense moment, he is a bad fit if he is handling the ball. Unless you have a good PG (not necessary Parker) who is ball handling and pass him the ball in a favourable position. Other than that, KL is an above-average player, not in the mold of James and Durant. He is not there yet.
He doesn't need to be as good as James or Durant to be good enough to handle the ball instead of Tony handling the ball after the ball crosses mid court. KL has a wicked turnout jumper that is under-used because for some reason the "good, better, best" mantra lost its calibration so "good enough" never made it. That's why all the wide open looks were turned down in favor of 1 or 3 drives to the rim that resulted in turnovers or missed shots.

TD 21
05-16-2016, 06:59 PM
Of course it's not duncan's fault. He's 40 and accepted a role. I'm positive San Antonio has looked at the possibility of trading mills with diaw. Not a given he's going to be retained.

Part of the reason why I wasnt sold with Aldridge as the other star from our team is because he just makes the offense predictable. He never rolls, and his screens are mostly to get himself in a position to shoot. He gets a lot of post ups too so naturally there's less versatility. Of course, dumbass spursfans cant see the logic to that.

Positive, based on what? It's not a given, but I think it's likely. They see him as a part of their culture and with Duncan, Ginobili and Bonner likely gone, they're going to want to retain some people to further that.

Also, even though he hasn't been the same post shoulder injury, he's still a piece that they could use, he just needs to be paired with a guard that can compliment him.

Aldridge has his flaws, but he was as good as they could realistically do and they weren't in a position to pass up a top 15 player.

I think Spurs will still go after Gasol and possibly get into the bidding war for Ezeli if they whiff on Durant/Horford. Think Plumlee can still be in the cards if they end up getting Gasol. (Gasol would start, Plumlee would back him up.)

I never implied Henderson, Turner, Afflalo to be penetrators -- meant Teague.

I meant Tim Frazier, not James Ennis (not sure how I got them confused).

I also think they will also test the waters with Harkless, but I have a feeling he'll reach 8-10 mil per easily after the way he played this year and with the way the NBA is evolving -- his skill-set/size and versatility is valuable.

If Spurs whiff on Horford, Gasol, Ezeli -- Spurs may just go after Batum or Marvin Williams and start one with LMA, Leonard in front court.

I not only think they'll pursue Gasol, I think they've got a good chance at signing him. I also think they'll probably retain Marjanovic, which would make Plumlee unlikely.

Fine, but Turner is still redundant, Henderson still checks no box and the only one Afflalo checks is range shooting, which they could fill for significantly less.

Frazier signed a non guaranteed contract with the Pelicans for next season.

I don't see it, with Ezeli, Harkless, Horford or Batum. Williams, maybe, but the Hornets supposedly love him and will probably re-sign him.

Kawhitstorm
05-16-2016, 07:05 PM
I think Spurs will still go after Gasol and possibly get into the bidding war for Ezeli if they whiff on Durant/Horford.

I don't like the idea of Horford or Marvin at the 4 since they get killed by bigs (esp. on the boards) but can't score in the post consistently against smaller defenders. They are both going to get overpaid & will NEVER live up to their contract. If he isn't going to get the super max, I would love Batum in an Iggy role to replace Manu but I'm not sure he would be willing to come off the bench.

Other than that, I'm hoping Pau would be willing to play for the MLE even if he wants to start.

Kawhitstorm
05-16-2016, 07:07 PM
I also think they'll probably retain Marjanovic, which would make Plumlee unlikely.

Are we sure someone isn't going to give him a ridiculous contract: Daryl Morey?:lol

apalisoc_9
05-16-2016, 08:36 PM
Plumlee isba decent option because he does have Alleyop gravity and can really pass out of a roll but there isnt anyone in our team who can throw oop passes. Hes average as a rim protector too.

gilmor
05-17-2016, 12:33 AM
He doesn't need to be as good as James or Durant to be good enough to handle the ball instead of Tony handling the ball after the ball crosses mid court. KL has a wicked turnout jumper that is under-used because for some reason the "good, better, best" mantra lost its calibration so "good enough" never made it. That's why all the wide open looks were turned down in favor of 1 or 3 drives to the rim that resulted in turnovers or missed shots.

If you look at the Spurs history, they always have a goto guy in the championship years. In the past, the man is Tim . I think he is possibly top 3 in the league in his prime. If KL is top 3 in the league right now, we should have beaten OKC. The fact that he is passive in the 4th quarter says a lot of his lack of confidence of his own ability right now.

SAGirl
05-17-2016, 12:45 AM
Are we sure someone isn't going to give him a ridiculous contract: Daryl Morey?:lol
I am with you I have a suspicion Boban will get overpaid. I want Spurs to retain him but let's not forget Baynes, OKC was in a tough spot with having to match Kanter over what they wanted to pay him and there is always market for potentially talented centers. It's not even above the Mavs to go after him. He has flaws but I do wish we could retain him. It might just be difficult with as many deficiencies as we have. Gosh I hope for no more Diaw-West. I'd look at Milutinov honestly b4 I look at that duo again.

Spurs_619
05-17-2016, 12:47 AM
If you look at the Spurs history, they always have a goto guy in the championship years. In the past, the man is Tim . I think he is possibly top 3 in the league in his prime. If KL is top 3 in the league right now, we should have beaten OKC. The fact that he is passive in the 4th quarter says a lot of his lack of confidence of his own ability right now.

Hes a top 5 player the problem was the thunder have 2 top 5 players also. LMA and KL played well overall where we lost the series was the thunders role players out played ours. You don't need a go to guy we won our last chip without one.

SAGirl
05-17-2016, 12:47 AM
Plumlee isba decent option because he does have Alleyop gravity and can really pass out of a roll but there isnt anyone in our team who can throw oop passes. Hes average as a rim protector too.
Do we not have Anderson in our team and he is in the rotation. geshhh. Your takes predicting he would never be above a 12 man in the rotation are blinding you.

nowitzkikopf
05-17-2016, 01:20 AM
His quietness/aloofness is actually starting to derail his ascendancy on court...Haven't seen him yell at/prod his teammates, bring them together in huddle, put an arm on struggling one etc...need to act like the team is fuckin' his..

There is just something off about this Kawhi-led team on the chemistry/hierarchy front..And, yeah, the shtick needs to end..He needs to go get wired by some Kobe mentality in the summer..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA1GYjD1yHo

limited sample size, but he seemed a bit more open pre NBA. nothing concrete, but you can just hear a little bit more emotion in his voice. agree that he needs to be a bit more vocal, at least within his own team (the aldridge quote)

apalisoc_9
05-17-2016, 01:42 AM
Do we not have Anderson in our team and he is in the rotation. geshhh. Your takes predicting he would never be above a 12 man in the rotation are blinding you.

Thinking anderson would have any significant ball handling time when Leonard and Parker/New Guard is on the rotation. Kyle and Plumlee's minutes will most likey be with Kawhi.

Kawhitstorm
05-17-2016, 01:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA1GYjD1yHo

limited sample size, but he seemed a bit more open pre NBA. nothing concrete, but you can just hear a little bit more emotion in his voice. agree that he needs to be a bit more vocal, at least within his own team (the aldridge quote)

Pop is holding him back w/ his "get over yourself" BS.:wakeup

SAGirl
05-17-2016, 01:49 AM
Thinking anderson would have any significant ball handling time when Leonard and Parker/New Guard is on the rotation. Kyle and Plumlee's minutes will most likey be with Kawhi.
Actually I like Kyle and Kawhi together. For one Kyle is a passer, won't consume possessions for himself unless he's wide open, and his moves are usually to set up a big (a plumlee type) ... He even set up Boban and had good chemistry with LMa and TD. In due time I do think Kyle will handle the ball within the offense bc he has already.

apalisoc_9
05-17-2016, 01:51 AM
Actually I like Kyle and Kawhi together. For one Kyle is a passer, won't consume possessions for himself unless he's wide open, and his moves are usually to set up a big (a plumlee type) ... He even set up Boban and had good chemistry with LMa and TD. In due time I do think Kyle will handle the ball within the offense bc he has already.

Kawhi is not going to play the SG position. The only way they play together is if they are imploring a small ball lineup and if they do that it will likely be for very limited minutes

SAGirl
05-17-2016, 01:52 AM
He's actually allowed to be himself.

apalisoc_9
05-17-2016, 01:52 AM

Old man doesnt practice what he preaxhes

SAGirl
05-17-2016, 01:53 AM
Kawhi is not going to play the SG position. The only way they play together is if they are imploring a small ball lineup and if they do that it will likely be for very limited minutes
They played together in the season with Kyle as the SG, sometimes the PF. Kawhi always stayed a 3 in their sets. FYI their tempo was quite fast, free flowing with the occasional post up. Much smoother and free flowing than the Tony offense.

apalisoc_9
05-17-2016, 01:54 AM
He's actually allowed to be himself.

:lmao

apalisoc_9
05-17-2016, 01:56 AM
They played together in the season with Kyle as the SG, sometimes the PF. Kawhi always stayed a 3 in their sets. FYI their tempo was quite fast, free flowing with the occasional post up. Much smoother and free flowing than the Tony offense.

Now you're just being silly. The RS is pops basement. You saw what happened in the pkayoffs. They might play together but it wont be in a team where plumlee is playing

DAF86
05-17-2016, 02:13 AM
Kawhi needs to work on his pick and roll game on the off-season, and getting to the basket with his dribble. Unfortunately, his natural strenghts (postups, isos, midrange) don't lead to efficient offense on todays NBA.

SAGirl
05-17-2016, 02:27 AM
Now you're just being silly. The RS is pops basement. You saw what happened in the pkayoffs. They might play together but it wont be in a team where plumlee is playing
Lol it remains to be seen this is all hypothetical. Plumlee is not in this team. I expect Kyle to be better next season regardless. Team composition next season will dictate what Pop does. Kyle is a good passer though and without TD and Manu (if they retire, unknown right now) the team will need him. He can play a variety of positions but he also needs to work on his own game and stay hungry.

gilmor
05-17-2016, 02:57 AM
Hes a top 5 player the problem was the thunder have 2 top 5 players also. LMA and KL played well overall where we lost the series was the thunders role players out played ours. You don't need a go to guy we won our last chip without one.

Very hard to repeat the last championship as it is. The last championship, both Manu and Tim were still playing brilliant. Esp against OKC, where Tim made repeated baskets against Ibaka. And furthermore, Bobo is much better then and we have a healthy Splitter. With both Manu and Tim aging and probably gone, and no more Tiago, we do need a go-to guy in clutch situations if we were to build a dynasty. KL is not there yet. If he is as good he will be totally getting the balls in clutch situations, and making the right decisions with successful outcome.

kobyz
05-17-2016, 03:17 AM
We just needed to trade for Rudy Gay or some other player to give us option to play small and have more fire power, Pop not making a trade and keeping Manu in that big role like he still can play was so pathetic and senile and cost us the title...

tholdren
05-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Lol it remains to be seen this is all hypothetical. Plumlee is not in this team. I expect Kyle to be better next season regardless. Team composition next season will dictate what Pop does. Kyle is a good passer though and without TD and Manu (if they retire, unknown right now) the team will need him. He can play a variety of positions but he also needs to work on his own game and stay hungry.
All I heard was a wet fart when I tried to read this

apalisoc_9
05-17-2016, 08:44 PM
Kawhi needs to work on his pick and roll game on the off-season, and getting to the basket with his dribble. Unfortunately, his natural strenghts (postups, isos, midrange) don't lead to efficient offense on todays NBA.

Hes efficient as scorer one of the most actually so i have no idea what you are refering to. Theres very little sample size on how hes improved as a rollman because every screen setter pops

DAF86
05-17-2016, 10:00 PM
Hes efficient as scorer one of the most actually so i have no idea what you are refering to. Theres very little sample size on how hes improved as a rollman because every screen setter pops

He is efficient himself. But his style doesn't lead to efficient basketball for the team. Kawhi's style, on offense, doesn't make teammates better. Not yet, at least.

apalisoc_9
05-17-2016, 10:32 PM
He is efficient himself. But his style doesn't lead to efficient basketball for the team. Kawhi's style, on offense, doesn't make teammates better. Not yet, at least.
The spurs were one of the most efficient team in the league :lol

Kawhi this year wasnt a playmaker until the playoffs. Pop keeps on throwing him on fire on these situations. Just look at the insane difference between his pnp/roll usage from RS to Playoffs. Most likely the amount of ball handling he got in the playoffs will carry over to the next RS. Parker and Ginobili feelings will be hurt but ots absoutley a must. You can tell from the few interviews this yeay they werent too thrilled with Kawhi virtually taking all the offensive responsibility ( stealing the ball handling duties).

I suspect they are over that though because Game 6 4th quarter had Kawhi handling the ball majority of the time. Its the next step back rhey have to take.

His "style" is a product of a his position and responsibility this year. Defend and Score. I suspect thats going to change next year since his frustrations in game 6 showed and he just started handling the ball.

DAF86
05-17-2016, 11:12 PM
The spurs were one of the most efficient team in the league :lol

Kawhi this year wasnt a playmaker until the playoffs. Pop keeps on throwing him on fire on these situations. Just look at the insane difference between his pnp/roll usage from RS to Playoffs. Most likely the amount of ball handling he got in the playoffs will carry over to the next RS. Parker and Ginobili feelings will be hurt but ots absoutley a must. You can tell from the few interviews this yeay they werent too thrilled with Kawhi virtually taking all the offensive responsibility ( stealing the ball handling duties).

I suspect they are over that though because Game 6 4th quarter had Kawhi handling the ball majority of the time. Its the next step back rhey have to take.

His "style" is a product of a his position and responsibility this year. Defend and Score. I suspect thats going to change next year since his frustrations in game 6 showed and he just started handling the ball.

Well, then you are expecting the same thing I expect. I don't know what the hell you are arguing, tbh.

apalisoc_9
05-17-2016, 11:27 PM
Well, then you are expecting the same thing I expect. I don't know what the hell you are arguing, tbh.

I was just just saying his iso/post up game being efficient and how the team still managed to be efficient even with "style"

DAF86
05-17-2016, 11:48 PM
I was just just saying his iso/post up game being efficient and how the team still managed to be efficient even with "style"

In the regular season. When the real season started, it became pretty obvious that the two man game from LA and Kawhi wasn't going to cut it.

AFMadison
05-18-2016, 12:21 AM
:lmao

apalisoc_9
05-18-2016, 02:43 AM
In the regular season. When the real season started, it became pretty obvious that the two man game from LA and Kawhi wasn't going to cut it.

Thats because Pops are easy to defend unless the popper isa three pointer ala Love. OKC,GSW,LA all have top tier rollmans. I dont think people realize how the offense was going to be predictable when Aldridge came here. Hes a pick and pop guy with very little to zero willingness to improve his game. Hes 30, he wont change. Ive said it at the start of the season..If aldridge develops a roll game, we are good.

LMA and Kawhi would have cut it if they worked on a roll game. That would have doversified the offense

J_Paco
05-18-2016, 03:23 AM
I'm surprised no one has thought of Tyler Johnson as a possible Ginobili replacement. He's a bit undersized at only 6'4" and is coming off rotator cuff surgery, but he would be a gamble worth taking since Miami is strapped for cash with higher priorities in Wade and Whiteside.

They could possibly snag him and Plumlee for little more than what Ginobili and Duncan made last season, plus have some cash left to hopefully find a backup 4/5 and another swing man.

I agree with that other member that Terrence Jones could be a nice option if they move Diaw at back up PF. He has some unresolved (to my knowledge) injury concerns, but his athleticism and motor are two things this team could use badly. It always seems like he played over his head the last few seasons against the Spurs.

TheDoctor
05-18-2016, 07:17 AM
...I would love Batum in an Iggy role to replace Manu but I'm not sure he would be willing to come off the bench.

I have been advocating for this since forever. It would be a killer move.

Kawhitstorm
05-18-2016, 02:51 PM

He would be just fine if Pop would go back to featuring him in a motion offense instead of running isolation ever time down the floor. Pop is doing the opposite of what the Warriors did when they transitioned from Mark Jackson to Kerr.:lol

YGWHI
05-18-2016, 03:06 PM
He would be just fine if Pop would go back to featuring him in a motion offense instead of running isolation ever time down the floor. Pop is doing the opposite of what the Warriors did when they transitioned from Mark Jackson to Kerr.:lol

Kawhi was one of the most efficient NBA players on Isos in the regular season.

But the issue was Pop never mixed up it, between Kawhi's isos and other plays for him.

They never call a play to free him off of screens, never let him run the pick and roll with Parker on the court, Pop wasn't creative about Kawhi's offense.

Only against OKC we saw Kawhi consistently attack the rim, but it was too late.