PDA

View Full Version : another podcast calling out pop

Prose
05-15-2016, 11:02 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/5/13/11674240/gregg-popovich-spurs-thunder-western-conference-playoffs

is the first topic of discussion in the podcast, they also said they felt the best team didn't win, rather pop was again out coached and did not make any adustments.

TheGoldStandard
05-15-2016, 11:15 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/5/13/11674240/gregg-popovich-spurs-thunder-western-conference-playoffs

is the first topic of discussion in the podcast, they also said they felt the best team didn't win, rather pop was again out coached and did not make any adustments.

Meh, it's nice fodder for sports talk but it's irrelevant because nothing is going to change. It would literally take RC sitting pop down and saying, "what gives?" Pop doesn't seem very interested in coaching players up especially when adjustments need to be made. He's there for the ride and for the cash. Sure he has lost it periodically from time to time when things aren't going well but that's competition to someone who used to have fire.

I think everyone would take it better if he just came out and said, "You know I didn't want to waiver, I thought we would finally click and by the time I wanted to make an adjustment it was too late." instead we continually get snarky bitch made pop dismiss any questioning of his coaching.

Crazymaddopeyo
05-15-2016, 11:17 AM
Don't know how many adjustments needed to be made. Out of the games we lost only one was out of control and that was the last one, the others we should've of won but they played like they wanted it more. I can almost guarantee the same thing would've happened if adjustments were made.

DMC
05-15-2016, 11:21 AM
The best team always wins. Coaching is part of the team. If you break the Spurs down to component level, they don't match up well on paper with OKC. It's just that OKC has historically under-performed. Adjustments don't make teams go after loose balls and hustle back in transition. Spurs didn't seem too interested in winning, and not too upset about losing.

Prose
05-15-2016, 11:23 AM
i agree with all the posts, i guess the frustrating part is he seems to not want to adjust at all. I remember the years we won pop was known for his mid series adjustments.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2016, 11:24 AM
The best team always wins. Coaching is part of the team. If you break the Spurs down to component level, they don't match up well on paper with OKC. It's just that OKC has historically under-performed. Adjustments don't make teams go after loose balls and hustle back in transition. Spurs didn't seem too interested in winning, and not too upset about losing.

Truth.... Even when the Spurs beat them in 14 they were a handful and almost took it 7.

If Brooks was there we probably pull it off though :lol

K...
05-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Holy shit.. another...."Pop why you playing your scrubs, play your other scrubs instead"

K...
05-15-2016, 11:31 AM
"pop coached bad" then "okc played good defense"

2015......outcoached = sitting green and kawhi so long....?

These "pop sucks" folks pick the lamest things to harp on.

2015 = lame ass tiago, lame ass parker

DMC
05-15-2016, 11:36 AM
You cannot go like 2 for 300 and expect a coaching adjustment to fix that. You cannot couple that shooting with not getting to 50/50 balls, giving up offensive rebounds (en masse) and expect to win. Missing that many shots in a short time span can deflate a team, and could add to the lack of hustle, but that's not the mark of a champion. Champions play through it. We did so in 2014 against Dallas, and Dallas did so in 2011 against Portland (I think) when they had to come back against a huge deficit to win. In both cases, the winning teams went ballistic afterward and didn't look back.

daslicer
05-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Truth.... Even when the Spurs beat them in 14 they were a handful and almost took it 7.

If Brooks was there we probably pull it off though :lol

We lost with Brooks before in '12 and barely won in '14. Donovan hasn't really changed the way this team plays. They run the same iso offense. He made one adjustment of playing Kanter/Adams together and now everybody acts like he's a genius. Brooks would have made the same type of adjustment.

daslicer
05-15-2016, 11:52 AM
Holy shit.. another...."Pop why you playing your scrubs, play your other scrubs instead"

:lol This these guys don't realize the Spurs just didn't matchup well with OKC size. There is nothing Pop could have done to mitigate this disadvantage.

K...
05-15-2016, 12:07 PM
Listen to 9:30 "kawhi isn't really a factor, they shut him down, he wasn't a susperstar"

RD2191
05-15-2016, 12:12 PM
Listen to 9:30 "kawhi isn't really a factor, they shut him down, he wasn't a susperstar"

How many rings do other of the nba's superstars have? I'll wait.

RD2191
05-15-2016, 12:13 PM
The Spurs were the better team. We lost 2 games by a combined 5 points iirc and both had controversial endings.

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Pop sucks

RD2191
05-15-2016, 12:22 PM
Pop sucks
He fails to make the most obvious adjustments. Instead of integrating different lineups during the season he kept playing diaw/west and mills, knowing that they would get fucked in the playoffs. Miller and boban just rotting on the bench when they could of been key in this series.

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2016, 12:30 PM
He fails to make the most obvious adjustments. Instead of integrating different lineups during the season he kept playing diaw/west and mills, knowing that they would get fucked in the playoffs. Miller and boban just rotting on the bench when they could of been key in this series.
That Memphis series really fucked the team over. This dude thought Fat Head was capable of playoff minutes because he was playing against players of his level (D-League).

The West-Diaw pairing is inexcusable no matter how much his fans deflect it. TD should've been there with the second unit, same goes for one of KL/LMA.

spursistan
05-15-2016, 01:19 PM
The Spurs were the better team. We lost 2 games by a combined 5 points iirc and both had controversial endings.

“I couldn’t be prouder of the way we played in the second half,” Popovich said. “They busted their fannies to do the best job they could. We just met a better team.”
this team is going nowhere when the guy steering this ship is showing this inexcusable level of defeatism and non-accountability...

Time to face reality: Pop is officially a liability to this team in the playoffs.. this fucker is dissing a group that won 12 more games than a Thunder team that's been 2nd worst 4th quarter performers in the league after 76ers..

Pop is just going through the motions...It happens when you got that kind of job security and you get old..

K...
05-15-2016, 01:30 PM
this team is going nowhere when the guy steering this ship is showing this inexcusable level of defeatism and non-accountability...

Time to face reality: Pop is officially a liability to this team in the playoffs.. this fucker is dissing a group that won 12 more games than a Thunder team that's been 2nd worst 4th quarter performers in the league after 76ers..

Pop is just going through the motions...It happens when you got that kind of job security and you get old..

Giving kobyz a run for emo poster of the year.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2016, 01:36 PM
We lost with Brooks before in '12 and barely won in '14. Donovan hasn't really changed the way this team plays. They run the same iso offense. He made one adjustment of playing Kanter/Adams together and now everybody acts like he's a genius. Brooks would have made the same type of adjustment.

I didn't say he was some kind of genius Slicer, just can't believe Pop did not make a key adjustment in the series earlier to channel it when it was killing the Spurs since game 2 pretty much. I know we lost with Brooks in 12, remember that series well unfortunately. They get by on their star power IMO, that move to put in Adams and Kanter would be one anyone would make you are correct and Pop did not really counter that one in the series, no key adjustment. I would not necessarily say out coached as I would say more so just not having the personell to do it being the make up of the team. How could he have countered it with what he had? Would it have worked?

Games 2 and 5 go a different way at the end and this is not even a discussion right now.

Keepin' it real
05-15-2016, 02:17 PM
:lol This these guys don't realize the Spurs just didn't matchup well with OKC size. There is nothing Pop could have done to mitigate this disadvantage.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/520761916-boban-marjanovic-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXiWcYwSODjVRWmCzYP%2FT1aBIur 13%2BhhmWW1sREPdXlD7CW6ZTVzj%2FC%2BmCVM02kGlMQ%3D% 3D

RD2191
05-15-2016, 02:18 PM

Fuck Pop tbh. He's an idiot if he truly believes that.

tholdren
05-15-2016, 02:20 PM

Culture does. And these players, for whatever reason, play with no urgency. They've taken the "it's just basketball" or the "basketball is a game of runs" and taken it to the extreme where they always think they will automatically be there with a chance to win. They don't have an edge. They haven't had an edge unless manu is out there doing crazy things. Coaching absolutely can, and should, make a player want to out-work his opponent every chance he can.

SuperCam
05-15-2016, 02:32 PM
:pop: get over yourself, 1200 planets were just discovered you know

spurs10
05-15-2016, 02:49 PM
The Spurs were the better team. We lost 2 games by a combined 5 points iirc and both had controversial endings. 'Controversial endings' is a nice way to put it. Game 5 was worse than 2012 Game 6. The wrong team got the W and it was admitted by the NBA. Adams gets called for the trip- a flagrant- we get the ball and free throws- game.

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 02:51 PM
The spurs was not the better team. Coaching is part of the team and Pop just so happens to be a coach who makes zero adjustment. Has been the case since 08. Last year he didnt even give a fuck. This year it was a case of too little to late.

He loves his "system"so much to make changes.

Horse
05-15-2016, 02:54 PM
A lot of posters say it seemed like they gave up and maybe they did but I believe from frustration from what I will kindly call inconsistent officiating.

boutons_deux
05-15-2016, 02:55 PM

Spurs could have shot a lot better, such as their season average of 47%

Obi Juan Kenobi
05-15-2016, 03:00 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/520761916-boban-marjanovic-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXiWcYwSODjVRWmCzYP%2FT1aBIur 13%2BhhmWW1sREPdXlD7CW6ZTVzj%2FC%2BmCVM02kGlMQ%3D% 3D

:bang

DMC
05-15-2016, 03:04 PM
Culture does. And these players, for whatever reason, play with no urgency. They've taken the "it's just basketball" or the "basketball is a game of runs" and taken it to the extreme where they always think they will automatically be there with a chance to win. They don't have an edge. They haven't had an edge unless manu is out there doing crazy things. Coaching absolutely can, and should, make a player want to out-work his opponent every chance he can.
Though what you say is somewhat true, coaching adjustments don't include timeout to scream at players or give a pep talk. When your alternatives are playing like dogshit, what are you going to tell them, just try harder? Act like you care? I want some nasty? No. They couldn't make a fucking shot. No amount of yapping on the sideline is gong to fix that.

spurs10
05-15-2016, 03:49 PM
I didn't say he was some kind of genius Slicer, just can't believe Pop did not make a key adjustment in the series earlier to channel it when it was killing the Spurs since game 2 pretty much. I know we lost with Brooks in 12, remember that series well unfortunately. They get by on their star power IMO, that move to put in Adams and Kanter would be one anyone would make you are correct and Pop did not really counter that one in the series, no key adjustment. I would not necessarily say out coached as I would say more so just not having the personell to do it being the make up of the team. How could he have countered it with what he had? Would it have worked?

Games 2 and 5 go a different way at the end and this is not even a discussion right now. The counter I was thinking of was to play Tim whether he had four fouls or not. Boban also had the size and could score. He was no more of a defensive liability than Kanter in my mind. GSW will be going at Kanter. The calls at the end of Game 2 and Game 5 made it where the Spurs needed to win 6 out of 7. Hard to do- especially when our bench couldn't make a basket. We still outscored them. This series was seriously a bullshit series. Did Pop know something we didn't?

spurs10
05-15-2016, 03:57 PM
Spurs didn't seem too interested in winning, and not too upset about losing. This is what concerns me more than anything.

Prose
05-15-2016, 03:58 PM

This is the truth...The spurs were build to go big vs the warriors in an attempt to not play small ball with the best small ball team ever. Only problem was the thunder are the only team in the NBA with a BIGGER front line (though this may be just down to duncans decline). Not only are their bigs, BIG, they are young and mobile. So when we brought our smaller bench bigs (diaw and west) they were still faster AND taller than them so we were screwed both ways.

The annoying thing is the series was so close you look at things like pop playing parker on westbrook for large parts of the game, playing zones where patty mill and parker would be matched on Durant and not playing leonard/green more as well the glaring need to stagger aldridge and leonard for offense and leonard and green on defense. We really could have used joseph this season instead of mills, mill was suited more for our "beautiful game" offense and this defense minded grind out team is much more suited for joseph.

Prose
05-15-2016, 04:02 PM
This is what concerns me more than anything.

Spurs didn't seem too interested in winning, and not too upset about losing.

Agloco
05-15-2016, 04:13 PM
A lot of posters say it seemed like they gave up and maybe they did but I believe from frustration from what I will kindly call inconsistent officiating.

Do any of your posts not make mention of referees? Like ever?

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-15-2016, 04:16 PM
How about the spurs got beat by the better and tougher team? Pop did not miss those shots, free throws, turn overs or played horrible d...players play...

daslicer
05-15-2016, 04:19 PM

Games 2 and 5 go a different way at the end and this is not even a discussion right now.

I don't think Pop could have done anything to really counter Kanter/Adams. The Spurs personnel didn't matchup with those 2 bigs and Donovan took advantage. Pop could have made adjustments earlier in the series like playing Boban but I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference. Any possible key adjustments Pop could have made would have probably most likely failed. This series to me is completely different compared to the other series the spurs have lost where I felt Pop screwed up by not making adjustments ala going with small ball in '06 against the Mavs. I can't be upset at Pop in this series because I think nothing could work against the Thunders bigs. It was basically LMA vs Ibaka,Adams,Kanter for the whole entire series. Diaw is washed up,West is undersized, and Tim rapidly declined. Spurs had nothing to counter those guys.

daslicer
05-15-2016, 04:26 PM

I like Boban but he still wouldn't have been able to close the gap with their bigs and ours. I saw when he played in game 6 he couldn't stop Kanter or Adams from successfully getting cutters at the basket. Those two guys still got what they wanted with him on the floor. I also saw him get called for a bunch of lose ball fouls when trying to get rebounds against Kanter/Adams.

Keepin' it real
05-15-2016, 04:50 PM
I like Boban but he still wouldn't have been able to close the gap with their bigs and ours. I saw when he played in game 6 he couldn't stop Kanter or Adams from successfully getting cutters at the basket. Those two guys still got what they wanted with him on the floor. I also saw him get called for a bunch of lose ball fouls when trying to get rebounds against Kanter/Adams.

Yes but extremely small sample size and a high pressure situation to finally give Boban a chance. I'm just saying Spurs were clearly outsized, and the Spurs biggest player was kept on ice until it was too late.

I know a simpleton like me doesn't know as much as Pop, but it would be nice to hear an explanation as to why Boban was not given enough of a chance to counter OKC size.

mingus
05-15-2016, 05:12 PM

I wasn't able to catch to whole series, but I don't believe the best team always wins.

I agree tho that OKC has historically underperformed, which is the reason they've gotten little respect relatively up until now. Even now I don't think they get the props they deserve.

OKC has been a damn good team the last 3-4 years but injuries & bad coaching have hurt them. I don't think there's that much separation b/w them and GS. I think it's going to go at least 6.

Snaq O'Meal
05-15-2016, 05:17 PM
“I couldn’t be prouder of the way we played in the second half,” Popovich said. “They busted their fannies to do the best job they could. We just met a better team.”

If they switched teams, Donovan would still walk away with the win.

Pop should've said the Spurs just met a better-coached team.

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2016, 05:24 PM
How about the spurs got beat by the better and tougher team? Pop did not miss those shots, free throws, turn overs or played horrible d...players play...
How bout the Spurs players won 5 championships? Pop did not make those shots, free throws, caused turnovers, or played great d...players play...

Snaq O'Meal
05-15-2016, 05:29 PM
'Controversial endings' is a nice way to put it. Game 5 was worse than 2012 Game 6. The wrong team got the W and it was admitted by the NBA. Adams gets called for the trip- a flagrant- we get the ball and free throws- game.

The officiating bias was evident to everyone.

And this has always been a recurring theme in many of the Spurs' playoff series. Many blamed it on the small market. But if the coach never had the balls to call this out publicly like many other coaches have, the team would not be so routinely disadvantaged to such blatant levels.

tholdren
05-15-2016, 05:34 PM

And this has always been a recurring theme in many of the Spurs' playoff series. Many blamed it on the small market. But if the coach never had the balls to call this out publicly like many other coaches have, the team would not be so routinely disadvantaged to such blatant levels.
fail - You can't, and shouldn't get calls shooting fadeaways. I think you learn that in biddy league ball. OKC got to the rim, pounded the boards, got second chances and fts. Spurs did not, and did not. KL and LMA get some balls, then we can talk.

Snaq O'Meal
05-15-2016, 06:41 PM
fail - You can't, and shouldn't get calls shooting fadeaways. I think you learn that in biddy league ball. OKC got to the rim, pounded the boards, got second chances and fts. Spurs did not, and did not. KL and LMA get some balls, then we can talk.

Did you even watch the games to see how Kawhi was clobbered attacking the rim without getting any foul calls? There's even a highlight video of a Kawhi dunk while clearly getting hit in the head by Westbrook without getting a foul call. If trips to the rim are low percentage shots due to the hammering without getting foul calls, don't you think that shooting jump shots may possibly be an adjustment just to get higher percentage shots?

tbdog
05-15-2016, 06:47 PM

I think people need to understand this. It took these 2 endings, plus Diaw, West, Mills, and TD essentially being useless. Yet there we were at the end of those 2 games and poor reffed 3rd quarters to beat us.

therealtruth
05-15-2016, 06:50 PM
i agree with all the posts, i guess the frustrating part is he seems to not want to adjust at all. I remember the years we won pop was known for his mid series adjustments.

Just as recently as '14 we saw what a motivated Pop can do. Those guys never sniffed 67 wins.

If you're already undermanned why help the other team by playing your best players less minutes? It makes no sense. The Spurs lack a closer otherwise all those close games were winnable. Manu used to be that closer. I thnk Kawhi really has to become that. The Thunder have at least 2 closers in WB and KD.

Snaq O'Meal
05-15-2016, 06:58 PM
I think people need to understand this. It took these 2 endings, plus Diaw, West, Mills, and TD essentially being useless. Yet there we were at the end of those 2 games and poor reffed 3rd quarters to beat us.

Yes, it was that close.

A couple of tweaks may result in a very different ending.

Pop may never have the balls to call out the refs in order to level the playing field, but he could've adjusted to put his players in a better position to compete. Like stop hanging Parker out to dry by having him guard Westbrook for long stretches. The task of guarding Westbrook was clearly beyond Parker or any other point guard for that matter. This is why we have Kawhi and Danny on the team. Staggering the minutes of LMA and Tim to counter OKC's moustached lineup would've helped given Diaw's impotence on the boards. And playing static one-on-ones instead of running pick and rolls to attack OKC's weakness is just plain stupid.

DMC
05-15-2016, 07:02 PM
I wasn't able to catch to whole series, but I don't believe the best team always wins.

I agree tho that OKC has historically underperformed, which is the reason they've gotten little respect relatively up until now. Even now I don't think they get the props they deserve.

OKC has been a damn good team the last 3-4 years but injuries & bad coaching have hurt them. I don't think there's that much separation b/w them and GS. I think it's going to go at least 6.

This is like the argument against "survival of the fittest" by saying "he was in better shape but died anyhow". If the best team lost, that pretty much cancels out the concept of being best. Being "fittest" just means you have what you need to survive, whatever that may be. It's a hindsight view, just like "best team".

therealtruth
05-15-2016, 07:25 PM
This is like the argument against "survival of the fittest" by saying "he was in better shape but died anyhow". If the best team lost, that pretty much cancels out the concept of being best. Being "fittest" just means you have what you need to survive, whatever that may be. It's a hindsight view, just like "best team".

You can have the better team but coaching could have lost you the game/series.

spurs10
05-15-2016, 07:31 PM

And this has always been a recurring theme in many of the Spurs' playoff series. Many blamed it on the small market. But if the coach never had the balls to call this out publicly like many other coaches have, the team would not be so routinely disadvantaged to such blatant levels. I can't figure it out and know it is what is. They are only going to say 'my bad' the following day. I also get why posters get annoyed with people complaining about the officiating- perhaps they think it's just fine, know there is nothing they can do about, or they haven't seen the plays. I believe it changed the outcome of two games. Even Pop is saying the same thing and mentioned the 'calls' in game 2&5 not going our way. In tight games it matters.

DMC
05-15-2016, 07:34 PM
You can have the better team but coaching could have lost you the game/series.
Coach is part of the "best" in the team.

It doesn't matter how you spin it, if you lose you weren't the best. You can say the game was rigged but that just means you weren't the best at whatever it took to rig it in your favor.

mingus
05-15-2016, 07:39 PM

That's a fair view of it. I think in most instances it's the correct one. I think you can have both views. That the majority of time it's like how you describe and other times there's situations where either or both teams play well beyond or below their statistical means and by virtue of nothing the opponent is doing.

tholdren
05-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Did you even watch the games to see how Kawhi was clobbered attacking the rim without getting any foul calls? There's even a highlight video of a Kawhi dunk while clearly getting hit in the head by Westbrook without getting a foul call. If trips to the rim are low percentage shots due to the hammering without getting foul calls, don't you think that shooting jump shots may possibly be an adjustment just to get higher percentage shots?

there were no calls on both ends, for sure. the difference was rw kept attacking kl did not. no matter how the game changes you will always need a slasher. 2 max players on sa and one max coach who couldn't figure that out

Sean Cagney
05-15-2016, 08:34 PM
Spurs didn't seem too interested in winning, and not too upset about losing.

5 calmed them all down to that point now IMHO.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2016, 08:37 PM
I don't think Pop could have done anything to really counter Kanter/Adams. The Spurs personnel didn't matchup with those 2 bigs and Donovan took advantage. Pop could have made adjustments earlier in the series like playing Boban but I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference. Any possible key adjustments Pop could have made would have probably most likely failed. This series to me is completely different compared to the other series the spurs have lost where I felt Pop screwed up by not making adjustments ala going with small ball in '06 against the Mavs. I can't be upset at Pop in this series because I think nothing could work against the Thunders bigs. It was basically LMA vs Ibaka,Adams,Kanter for the whole entire series. Diaw is washed up,West is undersized, and Tim rapidly declined. Spurs had nothing to counter those guys.Right, he waited too long to make a change but honestly he didn't have the roster to beat OKC and I think he said as much after the series saying the bench is not what we thought it was. The bench seriously faded this year, that used to be their strong point. No change was going to fully change this series as far as a move goes, they just did not match up well with OKC at all down there and it came through in that series. I agree on what you said above.

He could have tried some Boban but I doubt that makes or breaks this series.

JohnnyMax
05-15-2016, 10:03 PM
https://overcast.fm/+ECVx4Fs3U

AFMadison
05-16-2016, 12:11 AM
Don't know how many adjustments needed to be made. Out of the games we lost only one was out of control and that was the last one, the others we should've of won but they played like they wanted it more. I can almost guarantee the same thing would've happened if adjustments were made.
Guy messed up by not making offensive adjustments in the regular season tbh

therealtruth
05-16-2016, 07:07 AM
He could have tried some Boban but I doubt that makes or breaks this series.

Just the same way Splitter wouldn't have made a difference in '11 or a healthy Splitter last year.

Sean Cagney
05-16-2016, 07:53 AM
Just the same way Splitter wouldn't have made a difference in '11 or a healthy Splitter last year.

He tried that too late in 11 no doubt and relied on Bonner for Gods sakes. A healthy Splitter though??? Wtf is that? Does not exist..

NameLess Scrub
05-16-2016, 12:19 PM
I think much of you are right. Pop could have made adjustments, but it was also a matter of bad match up and the players being able to help on the match up not being able too, like Timmy getting finally old.

Refs were definitely important. Spurs had a low margin of error, and I think those games decided by the refs ended up killing their hope or motivation.

I think it is very possible that the Thunder actually improved and learned to play better together, but it wouldn't surprised me if they didn't.

Once they face the Warriors, they won't have the ref advantage, if they choke the Warriors will execute and have ref help as well.

testies
05-16-2016, 01:02 PM
I'm just pissed we didn't play 91239128391283 minutes of LMA-Diaw-Kawhistic-Green-Ginobili

Prose
05-17-2016, 08:45 PM
5 calmed them all down to that point now IMHO.

thats the exact vib i get...Like even the fans don't care any more. Look at at&t at tip of and compare to okc and warriors and Cleveland and toronto

Sean Cagney
05-17-2016, 09:17 PM
thats the exact vib i get...Like even the fans don't care any more. Look at at&t at tip of and compare to okc and warriors and Cleveland and toronto

Yes, it's sad to see the fans not getting up for the games and making any noise anymore like they used to. If this was 99 or 03 those fans would have been going nuts, way before they were content and very spoiled. I wanted that title for them so bad back then I was even loud in the house and would go crazy, later on I even calmed down so I am guilty of that as well. It's hard to get into the games like you used to when the team started it's run.

Prose
05-20-2016, 09:28 PM
Yes, it's sad to see the fans not getting up for the games and making any noise anymore like they used to. If this was 99 or 03 those fans would have been going nuts, way before they were content and very spoiled. I wanted that title for them so bad back then I was even loud in the house and would go crazy, later on I even calmed down so I am guilty of that as well. It's hard to get into the games like you used to when the team started it's run.

you know what this makes me think of...as fans we have become "content" and not as hungry as we used to be back in the day in the late 90s and early 2000s during, i remember gathering 20-30 friends in a house to watch spurs playoff games...its just not like that any more, we have nothing else to experience or win that we have not already done in our lifetime so you lose that edge. So if we as fan feel like this, why do we expect duncan,parker,manu, pop, rc, and peter holt expect to feel differently, they are human too...Thinking about how much the team has changed from the start of the run to now represents how the city has changed too...

Sean Cagney
05-20-2016, 10:14 PM
you know what this makes me think of...as fans we have become "content" and not as hungry as we used to be back in the day in the late 90s and early 2000s during, i remember gathering 20-30 friends in a house to watch spurs playoff games...its just not like that any more, we have nothing else to experience or win that we have not already done in our lifetime so you lose that edge. So if we as fan feel like this, why do we expect duncan,parker,manu, pop, rc, and peter holt expect to feel differently, they are human too...Thinking about how much the team has changed from the start of the run to now represents how the city has changed too...

Sad but true man, could not have said it better myself. Tim still wants to win like crazy and you can tell but he was even smiling at the end of the OKC game 6 and looked to be in a content mood like I have done what I could in my career and he looked satisfied, he never used to look like that after a series was over and they lost... They have earned it no doubt and I am proud of them, but the drive is not what it was say in 1999, 2003 or even the redemption in 2014, those teams were HUNGRY and not going to be denied. I agree with all you said above.

Prose
05-20-2016, 10:19 PM
Sad but true man, could not have said it better myself. Tim still wants to win like crazy and you can tell but he was even smiling at the end of the OKC game 6 and looked to be in a content mood like I have done what I could in my career and he looked satisfied, he never used to look like that after a series was over and they lost... They have earned it no doubt and I am proud of them, but the drive is not what it was say in 1999, 2003 or even the redemption in 2014, those teams were HUNGRY and not going to be denied. I agree with all you said above.

COMPLETELY AGREE ABOUT TIM AT THE END OF THE GAME, in a weird way it made me feel better bc i felt the same way about him and the team, like he did everything he could and we have experienced everything there is to feel, I'm okay right now. Like it didn't sting like the past years felt, we feel like how tim feels.
What a once in a life man and player. The experienced we have felt over the past 17 years with him and this team we will never feel again in our lives. there are cubs fans who are 80 years old and haven't felt that once...
remember those Alamodome games rocking 38 k strong with stan kelly yelling "TIIIIIIIIIIIM DUNCAAAAN....TIM DUNCAN!" watching spurs playoff games in the springtime in san antonio...good times
:):lobt:

Sean Cagney
05-20-2016, 10:25 PM
COMPLETELY AGREE ABOUT TIM AT THE END OF THE GAME, in a weird way it made me feel better bc i felt the same way about him and the team, like he did everything he could and we have experienced everything there is to feel, I'm okay right now. Like it didn't sting like the past years felt, we feel like how tim feels.
What a once in a life man and player. The experienced we have felt over the past 17 years with him and this team we will never feel again in our lives. there are cubs fans who are 80 years old and haven't felt that once...
remember those Alamodome games rocking 38 k strong with stan kelly yelling "TIIIIIIIIIIIM DUNCAAAAN....TIM DUNCAN!" watching spurs playoff games in the springtime in san antonio...good times
:):lobt:

Nothing like those days man, we will never see that again or not in the near future as fans. We definitely had/have it good. I remember how I used to be the day before a game and that day just waiting for it to come on and the anticipation, 2003 I think I was at my peak on that end of things and man I really USED TO GET INTO IT. I do still get into it and cheer but not as much as those days man, they were still VERY hungry then and out to prove things IMO. Those were fun days.