PDA

View Full Version : Spurs next season. Hear me out

cascaders
05-15-2016, 11:45 AM
Okay its like this. Yeah this season ended. We waited patiently, for playoffs.. and im not gonna lie, sometimes the wait was very boring. I dont know about you guys, but this year has to be one of the most, if not the most boring regular season ever.. maybe because we were just anxious for the playoffs where we can get attention again, or maybe we were just tired of all the buzz and hype around gsw, and we just couldnt care less and waited for playoff only to dethrone them, like we always do to any good team, because cmon.. the fact is, we are the champs of the west, and any team wants a shot, they have to go through the us, cos there is no skipping the spurs.
And make no mistake, spurs may be everything, but everyone here knows pop made adjustment and he had plan on how to effectively take out gsw. I mean the guy made it so obvious, and if you didnt realize it, none of our guys were scared at all.. no one feared them. I mean, after the beatdown they gave us in the 1st game ( which i believe pop didnt coach at all, he just went in there to test the water, say to attain a baseline, which he did ) and since then, he only had one purpose which was to topple gsw, but ONLY at the right time btw, which was during the playoffs. He wasnt going to expose alot during the regular season. But that didnt happen sadly, we got distracted and took some things for granted, and next thing you know, we're out. Thanks to OKC, which i think is going to get the broom treatment from GSW.

Man this year was just plain boring. Even the first round of playoffs was boring.

Now let me get to the topic, the reason i made this thread. I honestly think, we are going to come back next season and win it all in a very exciting way.
Here's why.
1) Firstly, just based on history.. look what happen in '13. We knew we couldve won. We knew we were the better team. We knew we were unsatisfied, and we knew we made stupid mistakes and it was our fault. But most importantly, we knew we wanted to come back and make ammends, and rectify our mistakes, and we couldnt sleep until we do just that. And we came back in '14, and took care of business.
Now im saying, the spurs will want OKC more than gsw, or any other team in history. Book that. We're gonna open up this season, looking for blood, and OKC knows that we're coming for them.

2) Danny Green: He's getting better. Yea i know he was in a slump throughout most ( or ill say all) regular season games, but he came back and showed life during the playoffs. He's going to show up this year. I honestly believe, this will be his breakout season. He's the elite 3 pointer, the new ray allen, except now getting shadowed by the modern way of marksmanship of curry. We're forgetting that he too is ambitious, and he's gonna show us exactly how he's gonna make himself be relevant again. To show his value. To be significant again. I have absolutely no doubt that he will rise up to the challenge. He wont come up short.

3) Leonard: look, theres nothing much left to say for this guy. He is a good player. Next season, he will be even better... more mileage under him is exactly what he needs. He's gonna be so hardcore. Im excited that we have him.

4) LA: He's not going anywhere. He wants it to work, and he's play better instanly, because of the 2 names i just mentioned above.

5) TP: yeah he's getting old, and he cant keep up with these new point guard. But say what you want ( and ill prolly get torched alot from everyone by sayign this) But he is the best point guard for us. There i said it.
I dont know about you guys, but 2nd half of this season, i see him being the perfect guard for the spurs. He dont hero ball anymore, he dont force his shot anymore, and he has the wisdom and bball IQ to make decisions. He know when to turn up, and when not to. He knows its not his team anymore, but most importantly, he knows he still can help.. alot. And that is exactly whats he's gonna do.
Man.. this upcoming season, is not going to be a pointguard league anymore... we're gonna make it to be all about the forwards. Its gonna be a forward league. Leonard is gonna go ape shit crazy on the floor. He's gonna be so dominant. I just know it. And tp will help him get there. No other point guard has a better IQ then him. I have faith in him.

Now with all this being said, maybe duncan will retire.. maybe manu will follow him.. but a miracle might just happen where they BOTH decides to give it a last go. I mean think about it. Why not? they planted the fruit.. now as leonard is growing and green being better, why not stay and taste the investment?
I know duncan still has that fire burning. Maybe even stronger than the fire he had after the finals loss in '13.
Especially cos he knows his team couldve made it all the way. Hell, everybody knows it. But we just coasted all the way

And i ask myself all the time.. Why do the spurs do this? why do they always play games like they have no intentions to win. Like they just dont care. Like they are defected somehow and just cant turn it up.
I realize that, they could only play with determination and soul only when they have something to prove. Look at our '14 run. Remember our regular season game? Remember how at one point, the bench played better then regular? remember patty mills, going berserk from the 3 pointer line? Danny green hitting those 3s? Leonard showing up big time?
They proved themselves, and right away after that, they went back to theyre normal self and started coasting again immediately...
However now, after this horrible exit from the playoff.. they find themselves back in an almost familiar situation again.
AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY NEEDED NOW.. and for them being in that state of emotion is exactly what we like.. BECAUSE WHY? because this shit will spark them to have another great run. And that run will be Duncan's final run.

Anyways.. its just my thoughts.. what do you guys think? Any possibility? Any chance anyone here thinking the same?

Big Dog
05-15-2016, 11:50 AM
:lmao I love posters like these. Pouring their cute little heart out through the keyboard.

ECOV
05-15-2016, 12:04 PM
:lmao I love posters like these. Pouring their cute little heart out through the keyboard.
whats wrong with that?

K...
05-15-2016, 12:33 PM

bid dog is right though. This poster just basically said....I believe. This deserves to be posted with any of Timvp's emo masterpieces in the vanilla hall of fame..

The worst part "WE ARE THE WESTERN CONF GATEKEEPERS,ALL CHAMPS MUST COME THROUGH US, NEVER MIND THAT LAST YEARS CHAMPIONS DIDN'T GO THROUGH US, NOR WILL THE LIKELY CHAMPIONS DO SO"

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2016, 12:34 PM
OP is still a better poster than those who defend Pop.

DMC
05-15-2016, 12:44 PM
These mind droppings are just every gnsf's exit interviews. It's an annual thing, win or lose.

TheDoctor
05-15-2016, 02:05 PM
"teams that want to be champs have to pass through us"

Well, that was exactly what just happened. Both, in the regular season vs the top dogs and vs OKC in the playoffs. Spurs aren't the top team anymore. They're reaching Portland's "guest status" tbh.

Keepin' it real
05-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Spurs next season. Hear me out

No.

tholdren
05-15-2016, 02:15 PM
whats wrong with that?
because it sounds like your avatar looks.

05-15-2016, 02:19 PM
No team that has beat the Spurs in the Tim era have went on to win the title iirc. Lol.

Horse
05-15-2016, 02:50 PM
You'll be making this same thread very soon to thunder fans once you see they are shit without the refs.

Russ
05-15-2016, 03:03 PM
1) Firstly, just based on history.. look what happen in '13. We knew we couldve won. We knew we were the better team. We knew we were unsatisfied, and we knew we made stupid mistakes and it was our fault. But most importantly, we knew we wanted to come back and make ammends, and rectify our mistakes, and we couldnt sleep until we do just that. And we came back in '14, and took care of business.
Now im saying, the spurs will want OKC more than gsw, or any other team in history. Book that. We're gonna open up this season, looking for blood, and OKC knows that we're coming for them.
Nice job on the post, however . . .

After the first round flameout (as defending champs) last year, the Spurs should have come "looking for blood" this year.

The problem is the Spurs can't finish consistently against good teams. They lack a "closer" now that Duncan and Manu aren't quite able to be that guy anymore.

Until that changes, all the hunger in the world may go unrequited.

kaji157
05-15-2016, 05:27 PM

After the first round flameout (as defending champs) last year, the Spurs should have come "looking for blood" this year.

The problem is the Spurs can't finish consistently against good teams. They lack a "closer" now that Duncan and Manu aren't quite able to be that guy anymore.

Until that changes, all the hunger in the world may go unrequited.

This, we all know Kiwi got the FMVP but the burden on the last minutes was, untill 2014 all on Manu and Tim, now we have no one that has the balls to play through those last minutes and succeed, Parker tried at least, but failed as he failed while he was younger.

Kiwi and LA where always MIA during the clutch.

skulls138
05-15-2016, 05:42 PM

Until that changes, all the hunger in the world may go unrequited.Yes, this has to do more with OKC finally playing up to their potential and playing for each other. The Spurs need more quite frankly because they no longer can use their superior smarts and team play to beat OKC. To overcome OKC they now need A-more good, youthful players, B-LA and KL to continue and improve upon their good play and C-they need players like Boban, Anderson and Simmons to become their idealized versions of themselves. Also TP needs to find to find a way to be relevant in a league with Westbrook and Curry

ECOV
05-15-2016, 06:13 PM
because it sounds like your avatar looks.
doesn't make sense

tholdren
05-15-2016, 06:20 PM
doesn't make sense
it will come to you

SilverSpur
05-15-2016, 10:44 PM
Duncan , Manu , Diaw , Bonner and Miller need to go.
We need to get younger and faster. Bring in new players from free agency (Mike Conley) the draft (someone who can play now), D leauge (DeShaun Thomas) from overseas ( Davis Bertan).
I'm Ok with Pau Gasol wanting to play with us, he would be an up grade over Diaw or Bonner.
It's time to move on and now give Kawhi help take this franchise to the next level wich is being more consistant in appearances in the WCF, not first and second round exits.
THANK YOU TIM AND MANU FOR EVRYHING YOU GAVE THIS FRANCHISE

sananspursfan21
05-15-2016, 11:20 PM
Diiiiiiiiidn't read.

illusioNtEk
05-15-2016, 11:25 PM
OMG a smart spurs fan.... how rare

Sean Cagney
05-16-2016, 01:35 AM
No team that has beat the Spurs in the Tim era have went on to win the title iirc. Lol.

True, the only one to beat SA and win it all were obviously the Heat but that was in the actual finals. You beat the Spurs your losing. This is a curse for beating them from bball Gods who obviously love SA.

Horry Hipcheck
05-16-2016, 02:51 AM

Lakers did it in '01 and '02. You could technically argue that the Heat did it in 2013.

Horry Hipcheck
05-16-2016, 02:51 AM
True, the only one to beat SA and win it all were obviously the Heat but that was in the actual finals. You beat the Spurs your losing. This is a curse for beating them from bball Gods who obviously love SA.

2001 and 2002 Lakers

05-16-2016, 03:23 AM
Lakers did it in '01 and '02. You could technically argue that the Heat did it in 2013.:lol oh shit totally forgot about the Laker's

Sean Cagney
05-16-2016, 03:35 AM
2001 and 2002 Lakers

Cot damn I was thinking back and blanked out before the 03 title. 3 teams have and post 03 one team has.

99 Problems
05-16-2016, 04:03 AM
Tis the place to discuss. Good on those who start a sensible thread.

Ice009
05-16-2016, 04:07 AM

Huh? 2001 Lakers would be one off the top of my head. Edit : 2002 as well.

Lakers did it in '01 and '02. You could technically argue that the Heat did it in 2013.

I won't ever give the Heat credit for 2013, so I don't count that as someone winning the title after beating the Spurs (the Spurs handed that one to them), but if you want to give them credit, then technically, you could say they went on to lose the following year since there was no more rounds to play in 2013.

kobyz
05-16-2016, 05:45 AM
For a team that won only one title the last 9 years and have the tandacy to miss and let title oportonities slip in the most naive way time after time, spurs fans really stupid arrogant that talking a lot of shit!!!