PDA

View Full Version : Sports games on xbox or ps2

duncan_21
10-01-2005, 10:34 AM
I just picked up an xbox last week and have been playing the hell out of it. I'm thinking of getting xbox live, mainly for sports games, I'm not a fan of console fps. So my question is do you like to play sports games with the xbox controller or the ps2 controller.

I prefer the ps2 controller, especially for madden. It's what I've been used to for the last 5 years.

Marklar MM
10-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Well lets say this. For sports games, the PS2 controller is better, but XBox has better graphics. For FPS games, XBox has an edge. For RPG games, PS2 is there all the way. Basically what they need to do is find a way to integrate teh PS2 system with XBox graphics. I will probably end up getting the XBox 360 and PS3 or whatever it is called, and move my PS2 and XBox to the lakehouse.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Hell yeah!

I play a ton of sports games on my Xbox.

CharlieMac
10-01-2005, 12:09 PM
PS2.

You can't beat Tiger Woods on Gamecube though.

Shaolin-Style
10-01-2005, 02:30 PM
I definetly prefer the ps2 just for the controller. I couldn't stand any sports games on xbox, and soul calibur 2 was a pain on it also

tw05baller
10-01-2005, 03:43 PM
PS2.

You can't beat Tiger Woods on Gamecube though.

TIger Woods is so much better on the Xbox

Mixability
10-01-2005, 04:44 PM
I just picked up an xbox last week

Why didn't you just wait for the 360?

TheTruth
10-01-2005, 04:46 PM
X Box

duncan_21
10-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Why didn't you just wait for the 360?

I'm not an early adopter of console technology. I like to wait at least a year for the bugs to get worked out. Plus I'm leanin towards moddin my xbox anyways.

If I get a nex gen console chances are it'll be the ps3.

Mixability
10-01-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm not an early adopter of console technology. I like to wait at least a year for the bugs to get worked out. Plus I'm leanin towards moddin my xbox anyways.

I've gotten every console at launch since the Super NES, never had a problem with any of them. You're a very patient person. PS3, huh? If its as expensive as its been rumored, it might be the first console that I don't get in quite a while!

duncan_21
10-01-2005, 06:04 PM
I've gotten every console at launch since the Super NES, never had a problem with any of them. You're a very patient person. PS3, huh? If its as expensive as its been rumored, it might be the first console that I don't get in quite a while!

I had a first or second generation ps and it gave me trouble after 2 years. I played it for 4 years until it died on me. Plus, I don't like paying for $60 games. Right now it's unusual if I spend more then $30 on a game. I buy used or platinum hits games.

If I want beautiful games I'll play them on my pc.

Mixability
10-01-2005, 06:10 PM
I had a first or second generation ps and it gave me trouble after 2 years. I played it for 4 years until it died on me. Plus, I don't like paying for $60 games. Right now it's unusual if I spend more then $30 on a game. I buy used or platinum hits games.

If I want beautiful games I'll play them on my pc.

Well it is Sony.... so bugs should be expected! :lol Game prices should've gone up a long time ago, I think. I expected them to stick to the $70 price point that they were at during the N64 days. Damn, by the time most games hit the platinum status, their sequels are already out. It must suck to not have enough cash flow to support your video game hobby!

duncan_21
10-02-2005, 02:07 AM
Well it is Sony.... so bugs should be expected! :lol Game prices should've gone up a long time ago, I think. I expected them to stick to the $70 price point that they were at during the N64 days. Damn, by the time most games hit the platinum status, their sequels are already out. It must suck to not have enough cash flow to support your video game hobby!

I have the cash, I just don't have the free time to stay current on all games. No sense in spending $60 for something to entertain me when I can spend 17 to be equally entertained.

midgetonadonkey
10-02-2005, 02:22 AM
If the PS3 is going to cost close to $500 like rumored, that sucks. I will spend the cash anyway, but will be pissed off while doing it. God Damn Sony. It's Xbox 360 for me.

MI21
10-02-2005, 05:21 AM
Xbox is about 3,499 times better for sports games than the PS2.

duncan_21
10-02-2005, 10:11 AM
I already had espn nba 2k5 for the ps2 and I picked it up for xbox. I have an hdtv and use the component out on the xbox. There is clearly no comparison between the 2 versions. Xbox is so much better it's rediculous.

Between the 2 systems here's what I've noticed:

graphics: xbox > ps2
sound: xbox = ps2
load times: xbox >>>>ps2
smoothness of the game: xbox>>>>ps2

Now the only things I'll play on ps2 is madden and ps2 only games. I might be a step closer to joining the m$ bandwagon.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-02-2005, 11:11 AM

Two words.

Do it.