PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi has the sharpest trajectory of anyone in NBA History

Kawhitstorm
05-15-2016, 11:00 PM
There has never been a player in NBA history (rookies excluded) that went from not EVER being an All-Star to 1st Team All-NBA in a matter of a season. He basically has the sharpest trajectory of anyone that has finished top 2 in MVP voting & Curry is the only one that comes close. (Only Curry has a higher PER for the current postseason & that doesn't even factor in his defense, so much for Kawhi underperforming):lol

He has the 8th highest WS/48 of anyone 24 & under in NBA HISTORY: http://bkref.com/tiny/monna

Is the only player 24 & under w/ a 50/87/44 line in NBA HISTORY: http://bkref.com/tiny/Mfb8s

Is the only player in NBA HISTORY to post a defensive rating of 96 & an offensive rating of at least 121 (min. 30 MPG): http://bkref.com/tiny/D7NV6

(http://bkref.com/tiny/D7NV6)

SAGirl
05-15-2016, 11:10 PM
He could have been an all star last season but injuries derailed him. First the eye injury affecting his shooting % then the hand ligament. He was out of it for so long and not impactful or flashy and the all star is a popularity contest. Also he wasn't consistent last season and that is what separates stars from the role players. It was surprising to me though how he started this season in another gear and with a different mentality and this time he sustained it for an entire season. The potential had been there but he realised it this season.
:toast

Snaq O'Meal
05-15-2016, 11:17 PM
There has never been a player in NBA history (rookies excluded) that went from not EVER being an All-Star to 1st Team All-NBA in a matter of a season. He basically has the sharpest trajectory of anyone that has finished top 2 in MVP voting & Curry is the only one that comes close. (Only Curry has a higher PER for the current postseason & that doesn't even factor in his defense, so much for Kawhi underperforming):lol

He has the 8th highest WS/48 of anyone 24 & under in NBA HISTORY: http://bkref.com/tiny/monna

Is the only player 24 & under w/ a 50/87/44 line in NBA HISTORY: http://bkref.com/tiny/Mfb8s

Is the only player in NBA HISTORY to post a defensive rating of 96 & an offensive rating of at least 121 (min. 30 MPG): http://bkref.com/tiny/D7NV6

Pretty impressive developing from a "no 3 only D" Dick backup to King Slayer and now 1st Team All-NBA. He still lacks Pippen's or Lebron's feel for the game on the offensive end, but hopefully he can keep working to bridge that gap soon.

TXstbobcat
05-15-2016, 11:34 PM
He has an incredible resume so far with a finals MVP, 2 DPOY awards and finishing 2nd in MVP voting this early in his career.

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 11:46 PM
First team all nba this year bro. Plus DPOY and second MVP voting. Decent consolation for not winning this year tbh. :toast

kobyz
05-16-2016, 12:00 AM
He could never lead us in playoff, so it doesn't matter...

Ditty
05-16-2016, 12:17 AM
Next year will be his first season in his prime also imo. As much as I hate Kobe, I'm really looking forward to seeing him work with Kawhi this summer. Hopefully LMA is next in line with working on his post game with Tim this summer whether he comes back or not. Would like to see him lean out a bit also this summer also.

AFMadison
05-16-2016, 12:20 AM
Next year will be his first season in his prime also imo. As much as I hate Kobe, I'm really looking forward to seeing him work with Kawhi this summer. Hopefully LMA is next in line with working on his post game with Tim this summer whether he comes back or not. Would like to see him lean out a bit also this summer also.
Is that official, or are you just basing it off of Pops comments in January?

Kawhitstorm
05-16-2016, 12:50 AM

Kawhi will also most likely get to work w/ his idol Carmelo at Team USA camp but till then I guess he could spend a couple of days w/ Kirby learning how to be a gunner.:lol

Ditty
05-16-2016, 12:53 AM
Is that official, or are you just basing it off of Pops comments in January?

From reports, and here it sounded like Kobe and him were going to work out together this summer. Reading about this on Google, it just sounds like Kobe just talked to Kawhi after his last game here in town for a couple minutes but it sounds like Pop is pushing for him to work out with more extensively. Kawhi does spend majority of the summer in LA working out anyways, and Kobe a family man seems like he wants to continue being around basketball.

AFMadison
05-16-2016, 12:58 AM
From reports, and here it sounded like Kobe and him were going to work out together this summer. Reading about this on Google, it just sounds like Kobe just talked to Kawhi after his last game here in town for a couple minutes but it sounds like Pop is pushing for him to work out with more extensively. Kawhi does spend majority of the summer in LA working out anyways, and Kobe a family man seems like he wants to continue being around basketball.
I hope so. Dude needs to demand the ball and start being a vocal leader.

apalisoc_9
05-16-2016, 01:39 AM

Yup. As much as I dislike Kobes game there's certain aspects of Kobe that a wing player like kawhi should emulate, particularly after receiving a a pass. Too many times this year he would pass out a perfect shooting or driving opportunity because hes too consious about his production. He starts becoming passive soon as he reaches a certain number of toucbes or someone else is scoring.

The biggest thing he needs to Learn from Kobe and Carmelo ( his favourite player) is just plain assertivness. He needs to learn how to be a gunner. These guys never flatter after a few misses.

spurraider21
05-16-2016, 01:48 AM
First team all nba this year bro. Plus DPOY and second MVP voting. Decent consolation for not winning this year tbh. :toast
player fans are disgusting

kobyz
05-16-2016, 01:55 AM
I suggest everyone to stop sucking on Kawhi no matter what happen in the regular season, maybe then you'll give him chance not to shrink in playoff against the pressure...

Joseph Kony
05-16-2016, 01:55 AM
cool, didn't know that no one had done that before. i don't think anyone saw Curry becoming so good so fast, who knows what can happen with Kawhi. he certainly has the work ethic and he's only 24 still :wow

Arcadian
05-16-2016, 02:06 AM

Nice stats!

How many players in history have been DPOY and runner-up MVP in a season? (Other than Jordan and Hakeem, who actually won MVP)

Kawhitstorm
05-16-2016, 02:45 AM
How many players in history have been DPOY and runner-up MVP in a season? (Other than Jordan and Hakeem, who actually won MVP)

Most recently, Dwight in 2011. SIGN THAT MAN!!!!:lol

fGjdKQPz9uo

therealtruth
05-16-2016, 07:13 AM
I think it's about imposing your will on the defense. Force the defense to adjust. It then opens it up more for your teammates and as a byproduct you get more assists. If Kawhi doesn't get up to 5 apg he's not being aggressive enough.

james evans
05-16-2016, 09:15 AM
I think it's about imposing your will on the defense. Force the defense to adjust. It then opens it up more for your teammates and as a byproduct you get more assists. If Kawhi doesn't get up to 5 apg he's not being aggressive enough.
players have got to hit the shots too. Green shot horrible this season. He fucked up a lot of assists from everyone.

lilbthebasedgod
05-16-2016, 12:44 PM
Kobe first to second season to third season.

Turn off your fan goggles.

Kool Bob Love
05-16-2016, 12:46 PM
Kawhi is a loser in a winners circle. It happens.

MultiTroll
05-16-2016, 01:16 PM
He could never lead us in playoff, so it doesn't matter...
yeah
:cry Michael Jordan sucked his first 6 years in the league too :cry

Kawhitstorm
05-16-2016, 02:31 PM
Kobe first to second season to third season.

Turn off your fan goggles.

Kirby was the best high school player when he declared for the draft meanwhile Kawhi only got a scholarship from SDSU.:lol

cjw
05-16-2016, 02:40 PM
I suggest everyone to stop sucking on Kawhi no matter what happen in the regular season, maybe then you'll give him chance not to shrink in playoff against the pressure...

Did you forget to take your lithium today? Never seen such a downer

Darius McCrary
05-16-2016, 03:16 PM
He has light years to go in eye of the tiger attacking of the rim, ability to close out big games, and demanding respect from refs

lilbthebasedgod
05-16-2016, 04:07 PM
Kirby was the best high school player when he declared for the draft meanwhile Kawhi only got a scholarship from SDSU.:lol
and? So that makes his ascendancy even quicker. He got better quicker in the NBA, and got better quicker in his basketball life.

Big Empty
05-16-2016, 05:04 PM
yea besides the monster rebound and dunk to start the series. Kawi turned into a Mama's boy when the pressure came on. lots of upside and great player. but that's what he needs to work on. being mentally tough

Kawhitstorm
05-16-2016, 06:34 PM
and? So that makes his ascendancy even quicker. He got better quicker in the NBA, and got better quicker in his basketball life.

Kobe ascendancy from being the best high school player in the country to becoming an All-NBA 1st team player is on a lesser trajectory than Kawhi ascending from NEVER having been an all-star to being All-NBA 1st team. It took Kawhi one season, while it took Kobe 5 seasons (same w/ KG). LeBron made All-NBA 1st team in his 3rd season.

Carmelo for example has never made All-NBA 1st team in his career.:wakeup

still.focused
05-16-2016, 07:09 PM
The only part of his actual game I need to see improve is his dribbling so he can handle the ball more
Assertiveness is all in his head & how he acts
The only parts of his actual game I wanna see improve is his bribbling so he can handle the ball more
That Kawhi/LMA two-man game should see alot of burn nxt year

Seventyniner
05-16-2016, 07:10 PM
I agree that Kawhi's rate of improvement is crazy. It's almost exponential. If his trajectory continues he'll be a runaway MVP next season, Curry be damned.

But I don't expect that. Kawhi will be 1st or 2nd team All-NBA for the next several years easy, barring injuries and such.

apalisoc_9
05-16-2016, 09:25 PM
I didint even expect him to get first team all nba this year :lol

spursistan
05-16-2016, 09:33 PM
next season is the first of 6-7 prime years 25-32..will probably peak in 2018-2020..Get him more talent of his age group and young coach ASAP..

K...
05-16-2016, 09:35 PM
next season is the first of 6-7 prime years 25-32..will probably peak in 2018-2020..Get him more talent of his age group and young coach ASAP..

50/50 chance he's on another roster then.

To explain, the spurs have 3 years to see if you can build a championship team with Kaw. If LMA starts to age fast, and the roster isnt looking good it would be malpractice not to trade him and tank.

kobyz
05-16-2016, 11:04 PM
Did you forget to take your lithium today? Never seen such a downer

It's so frustrated and dissepointed that for the second year in a row the season run out for us like nothing, like we wasting playoff advance and title oportonity so easily, as if we geeting over whelmed come pressure time causing us not to give our best shot at all... Someone need to put his finger on that mental problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stabula
05-16-2016, 11:27 PM

:lol faggot player fan