PDA

View Full Version : Dubs getting Thunderef'd

SpurPadre
05-16-2016, 10:35 PM
Westbrook clearly walked before calling a timeout but gets the call to basically ice the game. At least we're not the only ones this happens to, tbh.

Big Dog
05-16-2016, 10:36 PM
Stop your crying. You lost fair and screw.

SASdynasty!
05-16-2016, 10:38 PM
This is gold.

K...
05-16-2016, 10:41 PM

your were a no show on the site until the go head three by Durant. You were probably posting on your main but still......front running per par

cjw
05-16-2016, 10:44 PM
L2M report will mention Klay fouled him twice.

paperboy77
05-16-2016, 10:51 PM
And Curry with the illegal screen at the 3 min mark.. No call of course

TheGreatYacht
05-16-2016, 10:52 PM
Only pussies and assholes complain about officiating...

I ain't see shit ;]

SpursBig3s
05-16-2016, 10:52 PM
don't feel bad at all, Dubs have gotten way more than their fair share of calls... about time they get a taste of their own medicine

Spurs_619
05-16-2016, 10:53 PM
warriors melting down front running faggots aint got no fight. curry getting cucked by waiters/westbrick

SpurPadre
05-16-2016, 10:55 PM
don't feel bad at all, Dubs have gotten way more than their fair share of calls... about time they get a taste of their own medicine

true, it takes alot to find the Thunderefs as the lesser of two evils but the Dubs have a special collection of assholes that it's unprecedented.

Dro210
05-16-2016, 10:57 PM
L2M report will mention Klay fouled him twice.

Godbama
05-16-2016, 11:02 PM
I struggle to find the Thunder the lesser of two evils considering how much bull the refs let the Warriors get away with in general. Who wants to bet all the podcasts diminishing reffing complaints during the Spurs series will suddenly start harping on them harder for this game?
At least if the Thunder win it all we'll have lost to the champions

DMC
05-16-2016, 11:05 PM
Fuck the Dubs.

daslicer
05-16-2016, 11:05 PM
I struggle to find the Thunder the lesser of two evils considering how much bull the refs let the Warriors get away with in general. Who wants to bet all the podcasts diminishing reffing complaints during the Spurs series will suddenly start harping on them harder for this game?
At least if the Thunder win it all we'll have lost to the champions

I don't like either team. I just look at the positives of either side losing. If Warriors lose it's the biggest choke in history and they never live it down. Their small ball style of play then becomes extinct. If OKC loses Durant probably bolts leaving the franchise in shambles.

Mikeanaro
05-16-2016, 11:06 PM
Good, if those queers werent getting help they wont be even passing over the Blazers.

webshad
05-16-2016, 11:07 PM
Only pussies and assholes complain about officiating...

I ain't see shit ;]

lol

Snitches get stitches

http://www.joeclifford.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/InwJbP.jpg

TheGreatYacht
05-16-2016, 11:18 PM
lol

Snitches get stitches
D'Angelo Snitchell saw the travel tbh

lefty
05-16-2016, 11:20 PM
:lol

:cry Spurms fans still blaming the refs

palangi
05-16-2016, 11:37 PM
Both of these clubs have had beneficial calls all playoffs. Screw the Dubs they deserve to get screwed over. They set illegal screens all game every game and it never gets called.

SAGirl
05-16-2016, 11:41 PM
Westbrook clearly walked before calling a timeout but gets the call to basically ice the game. At least we're not the only ones this happens to, tbh.
I clearly saw a reach in foul by Klay on him b4 the travel. That was the reason Russ didn't dribble.

look_at_g_shred
05-16-2016, 11:46 PM
Both of these clubs have had beneficial calls all playoffs. Screw the Dubs they deserve to get screwed over. They set illegal screens all game every game and it never gets called.

Godbama
05-16-2016, 11:46 PM
I don't like either team. I just look at the positives of either side losing. If Warriors lose it's the biggest choke in history and they never live it down. Their small ball style of play then becomes extinct. If OKC loses Durant probably bolts leaving the franchise in shambles.
just like it was stupid of teams overreacting and all trying to do small ball, it's also a major overreaction to think small ball would "go extinct"
also I'm not sure KD would bolt if they have a competitive series against GSW and lose, if they'd lost against the Spurs in the second round then sure, but if you just took it to the WCF and gave it to the defending champions where's the better situation to move to exactly?

Godbama
05-16-2016, 11:47 PM

Obi Juan Kenobi
05-17-2016, 01:22 AM

So we win either way...this I like...:toast

therealtruth
05-17-2016, 06:32 AM
The Thunder have got the benefit of the doubt of a few calls. But they put themselves in a situation to earn it.

TheDoctor
05-17-2016, 07:49 AM
....I'm not sure KD would bolt if they have a competitive series against GSW and lose, if they'd lost against the Spurs in the second round then sure, but if you just took it to the WCF and gave it to the defending champions where's the better situation to move to exactly?

Keepin' it real
05-17-2016, 08:20 AM
The Thunder have got the benefit of the doubt of a few calls. But they put themselves in a situation to earn it.

Uh, so did the Spurs and Warriors.

Captivus
05-17-2016, 08:31 AM
GSW gave themselves te opportunity to win it...but didnt...nothing to add....lets see next game.

ceperez
05-17-2016, 09:04 AM
Spurs had the opportunity to win 2 of their loses, but did not. Teams should never depend on officials to decide the game.

Thunder were just more athletic than the Spurs and the Pop was just out-coached. Spurs had zero chance with their ISO ball and lack of matchups to exploit.

Dubs and Thunder get away with a lot of no calls. However, I think in this series, if the Refs eat their whistle then Thunder have an advantage considering their much bigger size.

daslicer
05-17-2016, 09:15 AM
just like it was stupid of teams overreacting and all trying to do small ball, it's also a major overreaction to think small ball would "go extinct"
also I'm not sure KD would bolt if they have a competitive series against GSW and lose, if they'd lost against the Spurs in the second round then sure, but if you just took it to the WCF and gave it to the defending champions where's the better situation to move to exactly?

The NBA is a copycat league and if the Warriors lose this series the league will stop trying to play small ball because the Warriors would no longer be the team to beat. Teams try to build themselves to counter whatever team is dominating the league at the current moment of time. During the early '00s teams loaded up on bigs to combat Shaq and Duncan. You could be right about Durant still staying if the Thunder lose in competitive fashion to the Warriors but with FA you never know. The only certainty I think that is out there is if the Thunder win the championship than he doesn't bolt.

kaji157
05-17-2016, 09:37 AM
Spurs had the opportunity to win 2 of their loses, but did not. Teams should never depend on officials to decide the game.

Thunder were just more athletic than the Spurs and the Pop was just out-coached. Spurs had zero chance with their ISO ball and lack of matchups to exploit.

Dubs and Thunder get away with a lot of no calls. However, I think in this series, if the Refs eat their whistle then Thunder have an advantage considering their much bigger size.

I partly agree and partly not.
I agree for game 2, the Spurs had the chance to win it and the refs fuckup was just incidental.
But game five the refs took away the chance the Spurs had to win, because it was an even game, the Spurs made an amazing defensive possession, and they call the bullshit call on Green when it should be an offensive foul on Adams that puts us with the ball in our hands, all even, with 30 seconds less.
Instead the Spurs end up 2 points down, having done nothing to deserve it.
That is to me the one call the Refs could have reviewed and didn`t, and that fucked up the series, because it was 3-2 Spurs, and even if the Spurs got pushed around in game 6, they could have recovered.

NameLess Scrub
05-17-2016, 09:53 AM
I agree for game 2, the Spurs had the chance to win it and the refs fuckup was just incidental.
But game five the refs took away the chance the Spurs had to win, because it was an even game, the Spurs made an amazing defensive possession, and they call the bullshit call on Green when it should be an offensive foul on Adams that puts us with the ball in our hands, all even, with 30 seconds less.
That is to me the one call the Refs could have reviewed and didn`t, and that fucked up the series, because it was 3-2 Spurs, and even if the Spurs got pushed around in game 6, they could have recovered.

People will find a way to blame the Spurs and praise Westbrook.

So we win either way...this I like...:toast

Nah.. if the Dubs win, they get "best team ever" title by playing bad teams and setting moving screens.

If the Thunder win, Westbrook gets a title by getting tons of freebies by the refs, and help to win.

If Lebron wins, he'll wear a self praising shirt for 3 straight years, and ESPN will become ELPN.

kaji157
05-17-2016, 10:27 AM
People will find a way to blame the Spurs and praise Westbrook.

Nah.. if the Dubs win, they get "best team ever" title by playing bad teams and setting moving screens.

If the Thunder win, Westbrook gets a title by getting tons of freebies by the refs, and help to win.

If Lebron wins, he'll wear a self praising shirt for 3 straight years, and ESPN will become ELPN.

Of those options i would choose OKC beating the Warriors and Cavs beating OKC.
I donīt mind at all LeBron praising himself, he is the best player in the world and by a wide margin for me, i donīt care what he does, still a great professional, carried teams to the finals consistently he deserves one more title.
I cannot say the same for Thundereffs or Inury Nba champions.

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2016, 12:01 PM
I don't buy any conspiracy theory and agree that in every situation, the team that has lost has suffered that fate by failing to execute well in crucial moments.

But I will say this: there have now been 2 high-profile games marred by admittedly blown calls in the last minute and in each case, Monty McCutchen has blown at least one of those calls (the Green/Adams/Durant play in Game 5 of SA/OKC; the Westbrook travel in Game 1 of GST/OKC). I get that missing those calls doesn't necessarily suggest that McCutchen is a poor official -- he may be 100% accurate in each of those games until he missed those calls. But at the same time, he's supposed to be one of the 2 or 3 best officials in the game and he's screwed up big-time calls in big-time moments.

You start to wonder if there is (or should be) some sort of consequence against him for that at some point.

Sean Cagney
05-17-2016, 02:12 PM
I don't buy any conspiracy theory and agree that in every situation, the team that has lost has suffered that fate by failing to execute well in crucial moments.

Basically it comes down to this here. You put yourself in a position for that call to hurt you and lose then when it goes against you then you have yourself to blame most of the time. Sure the missed call or call can be pure crap, human error most of the time though IMO and not some big conspiracy for one team to win it all. Only one or two series before have made me highly question the refs but in the end it was the team that lost who had the series and blew it a lot on their own (Dallas 06, Sac 02 blowing a HUGE lead in game 4, Spurs losing to OKC in 12 when they were up 2-0).

TD 21
05-17-2016, 04:34 PM
Good. It's about time those arrogant pricks had something go against them and had to face some real adversity. This is their first legit test of the past two years.

Of course, game 2 is a guaranteed Warriors win, but whether the Thunder push them or get blown out should be telling as to how this series is going to play out.

Ultimately, the Thunder have to win in 6, if they're to pull this off. If they can get it to that point with a 3-2 lead, I think they'll find a way to finish the job . . . but I doubt they'll get it to that point.

noles1983
05-17-2016, 05:18 PM
hope okc pulls the upset and reverts back to the shit team they have been during the season, and hope they lose to Cleveland

dbestpro
05-17-2016, 05:20 PM
The league is doing everything it can to keep OKC relevant. They know that is Durant leaves that Westbrook will be OTD the next chance he gets. OKC will become a dead franchise at that point, which makes the whole Seattle move a big joke.

spurs10
05-17-2016, 06:19 PM
That is to me the one call the Refs could have reviewed and didn`t, and that fucked up the series, because it was 3-2 Spurs, and even if the Spurs got pushed around in game 6, they could have recovered. I agree wholeheartedly. In Game 2 it was really the same because all the play after Manu got elbowed and pushed are moot points. We should have in both games gone to the line. People saying you can't let decide the game are exactly right. In both those case the refs played a huge part in the outcome of the game. Even they admitted they screwed up- both times. That and five bucks will get us a cup of coffee.

However it's a fact. It's also a fact that we can't do anything about it. The Spurs needed to win 6 out of 7 games to advance. Meanwhile go CJ!! :toast

spurs10
05-17-2016, 06:20 PM
The league is doing everything it can to keep OKC relevant. They know that is Durant leaves that Westbrook will be OTD the next chance he gets. OKC will become a dead franchise at that point, which makes the whole Seattle move a big joke. Amen!

spurs10
05-17-2016, 06:31 PM

But I will say this: there have now been 2 high-profile games marred by admittedly blown calls in the last minute and in each case, Monty McCutchen has blown at least one of those calls (the Green/Adams/Durant play in Game 5 of SA/OKC; the Westbrook travel in Game 1 of GST/OKC). I get that missing those calls doesn't necessarily suggest that McCutchen is a poor official -- he may be 100% accurate in each of those games until he missed those calls. But at the same time, he's supposed to be one of the 2 or 3 best officials in the game and he's screwed up big-time calls in big-time moments.

You start to wonder if there is (or should be) some sort of consequence against him for that at some point.
Good post. I doubt there will be repercussions for Monty McNonClutchen. I also don't think there is a conspiracy against the Spurs- although 2012 was pretty difficult to accept. If I ever buy into the 'fix is in' it will be hard to shell all that money out for tickets.

spurtech09
05-17-2016, 09:40 PM
Well I know its just a game but why do the refs like to help OKC a lot?.....Whats the deal that there so in love with OKC?

spurtech09
05-17-2016, 09:41 PM
The league is doing everything it can to keep OKC relevant. They know that is Durant leaves that Westbrook will be OTD the next chance he gets. OKC will become a dead franchise at that point, which makes the whole Seattle move a big joke.Same thing I was thinking....

spurtech09
05-17-2016, 09:50 PM
Could be that the league wants Lebron James to still be the face of the NBA.....Again.......The League is so watered down....

therealtruth
05-18-2016, 12:06 AM
Uh, so did the Spurs and Warriors.

Conveniently misses the fact that some non-calls would have gone against the Spurs/Warriors. Give credit to the Thunder. They're closing out games like champs. Their end of game defense has been excellent.

Ice009
05-18-2016, 08:29 AM
Basically it comes down to this here. You put yourself in a position for that call to hurt you and lose then when it goes against you then you have yourself to blame most of the time. Sure the missed call or call can be pure crap, human error most of the time though IMO and not some big conspiracy for one team to win it all. Only one or two series before have made me highly question the refs but in the end it was the team that lost who had the series and blew it a lot on their own (Dallas 06, Sac 02 blowing a HUGE lead in game 4, Spurs losing to OKC in 12 when they were up 2-0).

I agree with some of what you said, but don't agree 100% on all of it.

OKC 2012, that blown goal tending call was a 6 point swing, I think. Didn't Harden hit an And 1 three off of it? That one call could have cost the Spurs game 5 and the series. Sorry man, I'm just not as nice as you are towards the officiating. Getting it wrong in critical junctures of games seems highly suspect to me. And also what about all the bullshit touch fouls in the 4th quarter of game 6 in that series to put the Thunder in the bonus early in the 4th quarter? What about the bullshit taunting technical foul on Stephen Jackson after the Thunder bench (both players and coaches) were talking shit to Stephen before it and he gets the tech for looking at them after hitting a three. Why didn't the Thunder bench get T'd up for yelling and talking shit to him before he hit the shot?

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2016, 09:07 AM
There is one interesting commonality between Game 1 of the West Finals and Game 5 of the West Semis (each called by McCutchen and a crew): in each game, the Thunder trailed by 13 or 14 points at some point early in the 3rd quarter. In each game, they shot -- compared to the rest of the particular game -- an unusually high number of FTA in those 3rd quarters and, in each case, managed to slice a significant lead down to a manageable size by the end of the quarter.

FTA/quarter Game 1 WCF and Game 5 WCSF

Game 1 GST/OKC:

1st Q: OKC - 4, GST - 4
2nd Q: OKC - 6, GST - 4
3rd Q: OKC - 16, GST - 7 (GST led game by +14 with 9:12 remaining in 3rd)
4th Q: OKC - 6, GST - 2

Game 5 OKC/SA:

1st Q: OKC - 5; SA - 0
2nd Q: OKC - 4; SA - 2
3rd Q: OKC - 12; SA - 7 (SA led game by +13 with 7:50 remaining in 3rd)
4th Q: OKC - 5, SA - 8

An interesting thing about the numbers is that in each game, OKC's 3rd quarter FTA is either equal to or on par with their FTA for the entirety of the rest of those games -- in Game 1 of the WCF, the Thunder shot 16 3rd quarter FTA and had 16 other attempts (including intentional fouls) for the rest of the game. In Game 5 of the WCSF, the Thunder shot 12 3rd quarter FTA and had 14 other attempts for the rest of the game.

The broader numbers in each game are kind of interesting, too, in that they suggest that other than the FTA, the games were relatively even; that might suggest that OKC's charges in each game have been fueled significantly by their FTA. For instance, in Game 1 of the WCF, through 3 quarters, the teams had shot basically the same percentage on about the same number of FGA (GST - 50% on 68 FGA; OKC - 47% on 66 FGA), had roughly the same number of TO (GST - 12; OKC - 11) and OREB (GST - 5, OKC - 7), but GST was +4 in 3PTM (GST - 10, OKC - 6). With those numbers, you'd think that GST would be more than just +3 at the end of the third. Even in the 3rd quarter, OKC managed 7 additional possessions based on 5 Warriors turnovers and the Thunder's +3 in OREB, but had only 1 more FGA than GST. What extra possessions they got mostly put them on the line rather than ending in the 50-50 proposition of field goal attempts.

I think this is just proof of the resolve of the Thunder to get themselves back into games on the road in the playoffs by upping their aggression and making small plays to slice deficits and taking advantage of home teams letting up a bit. Still, the similarity - particularly given the fact that one official has been in charge of both games - is striking.

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2016, 09:09 AM
For whatever it's worth, the Warriors at least got the biggest homer in the 2016 playoffs -- Mike Callahan -- at home for Game 2.

NameLess Scrub
05-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Basically it comes down to this here. You put yourself in a position for that call to hurt you and lose then when it goes against you then you have yourself to blame most of the time.

What if both teams put themselves in a position for a call to hurt them, except one gets a foul or two and wins by making FTs?

I agree that it is not necessarily a conspiracy. I just think it could be incompetence or just bias towards certain stars/teams. In any case (even if there's no big reason), I don't see much logic in talking about who deserved to win, since both teams surely made enough mistakes given that the game was close. If one team actually deserved to win, then it is likely a blow out when there is little to be pointed out as bad execution.

With that said, I still hate the Spurs misses in the last minutes of games, including TP's FT in game 5. No excuse for that. I'm sure no coach speech should be to forget about their mistakes and blame the refs.

NameLess Scrub
05-18-2016, 09:42 AM
There is one interesting commonality between Game 1 of the West Finals and Game 5 of the West Semis (each called by McCutchen and a crew): in each game, the Thunder trailed by 13 or 14 points at some point early in the 3rd quarter. In each game, they shot -- compared to the rest of the particular game -- an unusually high number of FTA in those 3rd quarters and, in each case, managed to slice a significant lead down to a manageable size by the end of the quarter.

FTA/quarter Game 1 WCF and Game 5 WCSF

Game 1 GST/OKC:

1st Q: OKC - 4, GST - 4
2nd Q: OKC - 6, GST - 4
3rd Q: OKC - 16, GST - 7 (GST led game by +14 with 9:12 remaining in 3rd)
4th Q: OKC - 6, GST - 2

Game 5 OKC/SA:

1st Q: OKC - 5; SA - 0
2nd Q: OKC - 4; SA - 2
3rd Q: OKC - 12; SA - 7 (SA led game by +13 with 7:50 remaining in 3rd)
4th Q: OKC - 5, SA - 8

An interesting thing about the numbers is that in each game, OKC's 3rd quarter FTA is either equal to or on par with their FTA for the entirety of the rest of those games -- in Game 1 of the WCF, the Thunder shot 16 3rd quarter FTA and had 16 other attempts (including intentional fouls) for the rest of the game. In Game 5 of the WCSF, the Thunder shot 12 3rd quarter FTA and had 14 other attempts for the rest of the game.

The broader numbers in each game are kind of interesting, too, in that they suggest that other than the FTA, the games were relatively even; that might suggest that OKC's charges in each game have been fueled significantly by their FTA. For instance, in Game 1 of the WCF, through 3 quarters, the teams had shot basically the same percentage on about the same number of FGA (GST - 50% on 68 FGA; OKC - 47% on 66 FGA), had roughly the same number of TO (GST - 12; OKC - 11) and OREB (GST - 5, OKC - 7), but GST was +4 in 3PTM (GST - 10, OKC - 6). With those numbers, you'd think that GST would be more than just +3 at the end of the third. Even in the 3rd quarter, OKC managed 7 additional possessions based on 5 Warriors turnovers and the Thunder's +3 in OREB, but had only 1 more FGA than GST. What extra possessions they got mostly put them on the line rather than ending in the 50-50 proposition of field goal attempts.

I think this is just proof of the resolve of the Thunder to get themselves back into games on the road in the playoffs by upping their aggression and making small plays to slice deficits and taking advantage of home teams letting up a bit. Still, the similarity - particularly given the fact that one official has been in charge of both games - is striking.

I think everybody would agree that WB and Durant are very hard to stop, any game at any point. But I think what you're showing here is interesting in how can it be interpreted based on watching the game and comparing teams performances and officiating between quarters.

Say OKC is getting stopped in general, for one half. Come 3rd quarter, they shoot a lot FTs. What changed? Wasn't WB getting cornered or blocked in the paint in the 1st half? When did their misses become fouls? Who changed their performance, OKC, the opposing team, or the refs?

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2016, 10:05 AM
I think everybody would agree that WB and Durant are very hard to stop, any game at any point. But I think what you're showing here is interesting in how can it be interpreted based on watching the game and comparing teams performances and officiating between quarters.

Say OKC is getting stopped in general, for one half. Come 3rd quarter, they shoot a lot FTs. What changed? Wasn't WB getting cornered or blocked in the paint in the 1st half? When did their misses become fouls? Who changed their performance, OKC, the opposing team, or the refs?

You said it better than I did. I'm not coming at this from the standpoint of saying that the game was called differently in those 3rd quarters -- I don't have the data or the acumen to figure that out. But the numbers suggest that something changed -- at least relative to FTA -- once the home teams got up by fairly comfortable margins, and then once the game got tight again, the game reverted back to something more closely resembling the 1st half rather than the 3rd quarter.

Phenomanul
05-18-2016, 11:03 AM
You said it better than I did. I'm not coming at this from the standpoint of saying that the game was called differently in those 3rd quarters -- I don't have the data or the acumen to figure that out. But the numbers suggest that something changed -- at least relative to FTA -- once the home teams got up by fairly comfortable margins, and then once the game got tight again, the game reverted back to something more closely resembling the 1st half rather than the 3rd quarter.

To me though... the officiating clearly changed in the 3rd Quarter against the Spurs (in Gm 5)... The Spurs were building their lead and got hit with inexplicable, downright frustrating calls... the moving screen foul on Green after the Spurs stole the ball (which could have put them up 15 on the fast break that was stopped by the refs) was particularly dumbfounding. Instead the Thunder managed to squeak two threes in a row to make it a game again. Green now with 4 fouls had to sit out (allowing the Thunder to extend their run). IT WAS ATROCIOUS! The screwed up calls at the end of that game undermine the fact that IF "a fix was in" it mostly happened during the 3rd quarter.

Sean Cagney
05-18-2016, 01:18 PM
What if both teams put themselves in a position for a call to hurt them, except one gets a foul or two and wins by making FTs?

I agree that it is not necessarily a conspiracy. I just think it could be incompetence or just bias towards certain stars/teams.
I agree with that statement there 100%.

Chillen
05-18-2016, 03:48 PM
If OKC wants a legit shot to dethrone these guys they have to win game 2 and both home games. So it's all up to OKC to get the job done, it's there for the taking right now. Of course with this Warriors team easier said than done, hopefully OKC can do it.