PDA

View Full Version : Don't feel so bad now.

midnightpulp
05-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Thunder are legit, and probably should've won around 65 games themselves if they didn't choke 1000 fourth quarters this season. They seem to be more than the sum of their parts. They're going to hand GS their 3rd home loss of the year, in the playoffs, with Durant and Westbrook going 17-51 :wow

Bad news is if the Thunder do win the series (I don't think they will) Durant doesn't get disgruntled and stays put, so let's hope for a meltdown from them over the next 4 games, hopefully with Westbrook heroballing :toast

Kikoluna
05-16-2016, 10:40 PM
That's right green, close that mouth now. And curry, put that mouthpiece away. As much as I despise okc, I hate gsw even more.

SuperCam
05-16-2016, 10:41 PM
both teams much better and younger than spurs. also with a real superstar instead of a fake one

webshad
05-16-2016, 10:45 PM
me too

GO OKC!!!!!

UZER
05-16-2016, 10:46 PM
They way these teams fly around the court to rebounds and loose balls is impressive.

05-16-2016, 10:46 PM
That's right green, close that mouth now. And curry, put that mouthpiece away. As much as I despise okc, I hate gsw even more.

+1

AFMadison
05-16-2016, 10:47 PM
I'm with you. I like OKC beating GS, but not if it keeps Durant in OKC.

webshad
05-16-2016, 10:47 PM

+2

SpursforSix
05-16-2016, 10:48 PM
Are the playoffs still going on

TXstbobcat
Hate both teams but would rather have the dubs get beat this series.

tmtcsc

Yessir. I feel the same.

Spurs_619
05-16-2016, 10:49 PM
GS is just over rated Thunder in 5. First playoff series against a legit team thats not injured etc...

NameLess Scrub
05-16-2016, 10:51 PM
In before either Warriors win in 5, or Cavs take Durant's lunch again in the finals for Lebron's "1 for the land".

TheGoldStandard
05-16-2016, 10:51 PM
Unlike Pop Kerr will make adjustments in game 2

Brazil
05-16-2016, 10:52 PM

It feels weird to say that but I agree... Fuck gsw

Mugen
:lol Oklahoma City Spurs

NameLess Scrub
Hate both teams but would rather have the dubs get beat this series.

Could be golden to see him talk if they lose this series.

paperboy77

+++++ 1

timtonymanu
05-16-2016, 10:54 PM
don't care if Dubs play the right way. they're arrogant as fuck and I would love to see them get humbled. unfortunately, they'll probably win this in 6 anyway.

Dro210
Beating the Spurs in a series didn't make them legit, but beating "almighty and powerful gs" in 1 game does? What a cuck mentality.

Thunder have always been better than warriors. Spurs were too, we just played like shit against our worst possible matchup, just like last year.

And fuck a meltdown, I hope they sweep. The hype machine needs to die, and it needs to be ugly.

GS is just over rated Thunder in 5. First playoff series against a legit team thats not injured etc...

Bingo

Robz4000
:lol Durant isn't coming here regardless. At least if OKC wins Durant stays there and doesn't join GS.

hitmantb
Thunder won with 08-10 Lakers playing style. Ibaka/Kanter and especially Adams a nasty, nasty trio. They won with Durant/Westbrook shooting 30%. Curry is not 100% and I don't think that is enough for GS to win.

Spurs_619
05-16-2016, 10:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RndlbAK.jpg

Hoops Czar
05-16-2016, 10:56 PM

Yeah, make 4th quarter shots. Kerr's gonna look like such a genius.

Hoops Czar
05-16-2016, 10:57 PM
Thunder are legit, and probably should've won around 65 games themselves if they didn't choke 1000 fourth quarters this season. They seem to be more than the sum of their parts. They're going to hand GS their 3rd home loss of the year, in the playoffs, with Durant and Westbrook going 17-51 :wow

Bad news is if the Thunder do win the series (I don't think they will) Durant doesn't get disgruntled and stays put, so let's hope for a meltdown from them over the next 4 games, hopefully with Westbrook heroballing :toast

Who cares if Durant stays put or not, he's not signing with the Spurs.

TheGreatYacht
05-16-2016, 10:59 PM
both teams much better and younger than spurs. also with a real superstar instead of a fake one
Elite poster right here

TheDoctor
If OKC keep winning Durant will stay put. So prepare yourself for a frustrating and full of disappointments offseason.

Here comes washed-out Pau :depressed The worst part gonna be Poop playing a Fathead/Pau/DWest frontcourt.

midnightpulp

Nah, bro. Rooting for the Dubs. I want Durant. He's been kind of dropping hints (how he praised the Spurs after the Thunder sent our asses home). But I think a Finals run, even if his daddy Lebron beats him again, convinces him to stay in OKC.

midnightpulp
05-16-2016, 11:01 PM
Beating the Spurs in a series didn't make them legit, but beating "almighty and powerful gs" in 1 game does? What a cuck mentality.

Thunder have always been better than warriors. Spurs were too, we just played like shit against our worst possible matchup, just like last year.

And fuck a meltdown, I hope they sweep. The hype machine needs to die, and it needs to be ugly.

Bingo

No. A cuck mentality was blindly thinking our top heavy lineup with a bunch of scrub ass role players who play well once every ten games was actually a title favorite.

Spurs_619
05-16-2016, 11:02 PM

your such a cuck like the choker in your sig getting sonned by mannning when hes half dead

RD2191
05-16-2016, 11:03 PM
Dubs gonna backdoor sweep

TheGoldStandard
05-16-2016, 11:04 PM
Yeah, make 4th quarter shots. Kerr's gonna look like such a genius.

More Bogut at the end to help box out and rebound.. I'm probably rolling iggy out in the starting lineup if barnes keeps getting cooked.

RD2191
05-16-2016, 11:04 PM
your such a cuck like the choker in your sig getting sonned by mannning when hes half dead

Lmao. You owned that nigga.

SuperCam
05-16-2016, 11:05 PM

619 that mean you root for those faggots in San Diego?

Durant is a massive Beta and still 100x a killer mentality than Kiwi

unleashbaynes
05-16-2016, 11:10 PM

Both teams with actual superstar PGs instead of some french piece of shit that got carried by a top 5 player his whole career.

Buddy Mignon
05-16-2016, 11:12 PM

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/sdseagles/StephenA_zps27c9db32.png

spursgu
05-16-2016, 11:13 PM

Are you talking about LMA or Parker?

therealtruth

SuperCam
Both teams with actual superstar PGs instead of some french piece of shit that got carried by a real superstar his whole career.

so you admit that there is no superstar currently on the team :lol

unleashbaynes
05-16-2016, 11:14 PM

Scratch that, top 5 player.

unleashbaynes
05-16-2016, 11:15 PM
Prolly woulda 3peated with Kidd instead of fatty :lol

Buddy Mignon
Lmao. You owned that nigga.

https://media.riffsy.com/images/ff835e969547792fcbb2f9c8eabb4231/raw

Spurs_619
619 that mean you root for those faggots in San Diego?

Durant is a massive Beta and still 100x a killer mentality than Kiwi

you already dead just hold the L... refer to me as papa from now on because you my son and i wont humiliate you any further.

Hoops Czar
Nah, bro. Rooting for the Dubs. I want Durant. He's been kind of dropping hints (how he praised the Spurs after the Thunder sent our asses home). But I think a Finals run, even if his daddy Lebron beats him again, convinces him to stay in OKC.

Did those hints include "I like tacos", "I'd like to take a bath in the riverwalk" or "I think I'm gonna go house hunting in SA"? Spurs players do this all the time. It's called posturing. Lebron did this in Miami. Btw, he's in Cleveland now.

SAGirl
05-16-2016, 11:17 PM
DuRant is staying put and he should. Donovan is a good coach and they have a good young team. I am rooting for OkC and said that joining haters thread.

SAGirl
05-16-2016, 11:19 PM
:lol Durant isn't coming here regardless. At least if OKC wins Durant stays there and doesn't join GS.
Best possible outcome. Divide and conquer. Besides it's better for entertainment.

lefty
05-16-2016, 11:20 PM

Bad news is if the Thunder do win the series (I don't think they will) Durant doesn't get disgruntled and stays put, so let's hope for a meltdown from them over the next 4 games, hopefully with Westbrook heroballing :toastU thought they were not legit before tonight? :lol

siraulo23
05-16-2016, 11:23 PM

:lol

05-17-2016, 12:00 AM
Durant was staying put in OKC the minute they beat the Spurs. Why would he leave a team of Westbrook, Adams, Ibaka, and Kanter for LMA, Leonard, Green, and Parker? Maybe to get away from Westbrook's chucking but that's about it. The Thunder are much younger and more talented than the Spurs main core.

Spurs had a chance to dislodge Durant from the Thunder (and at the very least send him East or to a lesser team) but they ended up throwing the series. Now he'll stay, especially if the Thunder pull off an upset against the Warriors.

Keepin' it real
05-17-2016, 12:03 AM
Who cares if Durant stays put or not

The whole league.

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2016, 12:06 AM
I don't agree...

1) If Warriors win, they'll tie the Spurs in rings just like that
2) Warriors will repeat, something Spurs never did
3) Durant ain't coming here after beating us and seeing his role players are superior
4) A Warriors loss will make everybody forget about the historic choke this 67 win team had

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2016, 12:09 AM
Klay career high for a quarter >>> Kawhi's actual career high

DPG21920
05-17-2016, 12:11 AM
Dude, IMO, there is so much flakiness to what OKC is doing! Luckily they don't have to do this over a big sample size, but hats off to them doing what they need to do to win.

Crazy 19 point third quarter for WB. Cold shooting (good contests on a lot of those looks though) from the best shooting team in history. 30+ FTs on the road. Another questionable end of game call in their Favor. 7 steals for WB.

They rebound and that is sustainable. I don't know what else is other than having crazy spurts and other teams going cold. Obviously it can happen, but man, I really am perplexed.

BackHome
05-17-2016, 12:16 AM
Does anyone really think Durant is coming to SA?

InRareForm
05-17-2016, 12:17 AM
It's great they didn't play to GS small ball and kept with the bigs

InRareForm
05-17-2016, 12:18 AM
Dude, IMO, there is so much flakiness to what OKC is doing! Luckily they don't have to do this over a big sample size, but hats off to them doing what they need to do to win.

Crazy 19 point third quarter for WB. Cold shooting (good contests on a lot of those looks though) from the best shooting team in history. 30+ FTs on the road. Another questionable end of game call in their Favor. 7 steals for WB.

They rebound and that is sustainable. I don't know what else is other than having crazy spurts and other teams going cold. Obviously it can happen, but man, I really am perplexed.

this OKC team has a 2011 mav vibe to them.

DPG21920
05-17-2016, 12:20 AM

Others have said that too and I don't see it, but man they certainly have something going for them. It's been wild and if they somehow beat GS?? Beating a 67 win team & 73 team just to get to the finals??? :lmao That would be worth a title and be by far the hardest championship path in history.

rmt
05-17-2016, 12:20 AM
I want OKC to win - spread the rings around so that no team comes close to Spurs' 5. No way Durant would come here after losing to the Spurs - even dismissing Parker's ridiculous $15?m contract. There is no substituting for wanting something you don't have. Hard for GSW to match OKC's intensity after winning last year and the season they had this year.

gilmor
05-17-2016, 12:25 AM
The only reason OKC is playing the way it is, is because they have beaten the Spurs. And they are super confident

SAGirl
05-17-2016, 12:27 AM
I never did even while we were battling the Grizzlies.

J_Paco
05-17-2016, 12:30 AM
I want OKC to win - spread the rings around so that no team comes close to Spurs' 5. No way Durant would come here after losing to the Spurs - even dismissing Parker's ridiculous $15?m contract. There is no substituting for wanting something you don't have. Hard for GSW to match OKC's intensity after winning last year and the season they had this year.

Sorry, friend. The Bulls (6), Lakers (16) and Celtics (17) already surpass the Spurs' total. If you meant that you don't want any of the teams behind them (Houston, Detroit, Golden State, etc.) then I completely understand.

SAGirl
05-17-2016, 12:32 AM
Honestly I think it is their year. They have had injuries each of the past 3 seasons. I am rooting for them. If it is going to be their year this is a good one. Prevent the GSW repeat, Durant gets payback against the Cavs, sending LeBron into a selfdestruct. We were in a transition year anyway and needed to retool.

silverblackfan
05-17-2016, 12:41 AM
Honestly I think it is their year. They have had injuries each of the past 3 seasons. I am rooting for them. If it is going to be their year this is a good one. Prevent the GSW repeat, Durant gets payback against the Cavs, sending LeBron into a selfdestruct. We were in a transition year anyway and needed to retool.

Honestly feeling this way too. If OKC can take their Refs on the road to GS, then I think they can win anywhere. This does seem to be their opening.

Sean Cagney
05-17-2016, 01:23 AM

You mean like that guy in your avi who fell apart when he met a tough D and didnt know wtf to do but pout???

dg7md
05-17-2016, 01:25 AM
I told you guys OKC was for real. It wasn't a fluke that we lost. Yeah, we didn't help things and we could have won but we couldn't make our shots.

OKC will beat GSW. Might not beat the Cavs, though.

NameLess Scrub
05-17-2016, 05:25 AM
OKC will beat GSW. Might not beat the Cavs, though.

This. Lebron must be happy.

Also, would that mean spurs could have beaten the warriors?

soxxx
05-17-2016, 06:40 AM
Currys mouth piece thing nothing more than him trying to be original and trendy with something he started. It's annoying to see/watch and isn't cool to do. I'm sure the youth are already emulating that bullshit.

soxxx
05-17-2016, 06:42 AM
Yes the spurs would have. Gs struggled against a low tier team, gs is also finally in its first actual series against a respectable team. Thus far every team gs has beat has been injured or just frauds.

If

rmt
05-17-2016, 06:48 AM
Sorry, friend. The Bulls (6), Lakers (16) and Celtics (17) already surpass the Spurs' total. If you meant that you don't want any of the teams behind them (Houston, Detroit, Golden State, etc.) then I completely understand.

I meant of the current contending teams - particularly GSW since they are young and looked (until last night) unbeatable. The parity in the league has gotten worse - see the Spurs 67 wins this season. Just last year, 5 teams of the SW division made the playoffs - this year the gap between the contenders and the rest of the league is huge.

05-17-2016, 07:11 AM
Mind boggling

05-17-2016, 07:15 AM
Currys mouth piece thing nothing more than him trying to be original and trendy with something he started. It's annoying to see/watch and isn't cool to do. I'm sure the youth are already emulating that bullshit.
Curry chewing his mouthpiece isn't new or original. Plenty of athletes did it before him, mouthpieces are uncomfortable.

TheDoctor
05-17-2016, 07:44 AM
.... We were in a transition year anyway and needed to retool.

Brace yourself, retooling year part deux is coming.

jjktkk
05-17-2016, 08:33 AM

:lol

webshad
05-17-2016, 08:46 AM
The only reason OKC is playing the way it is, is because they have beaten the Spurs. And they are super confident

Bingo! They were able to score on a tough Spurs defence, GSW will be much easier to score on.

Also all those close games they had against the Spurs will help them suceed in this serie.

resistanze
05-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Wow, the Warriors already lost the series? That was fast.

05-17-2016, 11:07 AM
Bingo! They were able to score on a tough Spurs defence, GSW will be much easier to score on.

Also all those close games they had against the Spurs will help them suceed in this serie.

Not necessarily.

The Spurs have been mediocre in close postseason games in the past few years while GS usually wins the close games, even though they dropped game one.

Warriors are far from finished.

05-17-2016, 11:33 AM
Why should we feel any better? OKC might be legit but we still choked away the series.

Horse
05-17-2016, 12:13 PM

Yeah 3 superstars dressed like zebras

dg7md
05-17-2016, 02:34 PM

I really doubt it. We got exposed by the Thunder in that series. We just looked awful offensively through a lot of the series. It was painful at times.

Darius Bieber
05-17-2016, 03:38 PM

No; he's not coming. He saw how pathetic our team is.

Budkin
05-17-2016, 04:21 PM
I'm with you. I like OKC beating GS, but not if it keeps Durant in OKC.

Cleveland licking its chops. James simply owns Durbeta.

beirmeistr
05-17-2016, 07:37 PM
absolutely hilarious

poeticism707
05-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Wrong.

OKC did not upset a f ing.

The league f ed over the Spurs with the usual fix job, per par.

You're usually one of the smart ones Mid, get it together.

hater
05-17-2016, 08:02 PM
Dubs gonna backdoor sweep

Isnt a backdoor sweep a sweep after being down 0-2? U really think worriers have a chance if they lose their first 2 home games??

tholdren
05-17-2016, 08:10 PM

No

YGWHI
05-17-2016, 08:11 PM

Not sure why people think that KD couldn't sign with OKC a short-deal. Until Westbrook FA summer. And then get free to sign with Spurs/Warriors...

Robz4000
05-17-2016, 08:15 PM
Not sure why people think that KD couldn't sign with OKC a short-deal. Until Westbrook FA summer. And then get free to sign with Spurs/Warriors...

He could, but then they'd be a package and wouldn't go to either.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-18-2016, 12:55 PM
I think GSW still wins this series handily.

ducks
05-18-2016, 01:04 PM
I think GSW still wins this series handily.

nope thunder to long
gs is too emotional loses cool to quickly

spursistan
05-19-2016, 01:08 AM

more of this :tu

gilmor
05-19-2016, 01:12 AM
He just said Fuck u Kawhi.. pass me the ball..

Gummi Clutch
05-19-2016, 01:44 AM
why not discuss officiating? gws can chew into refs and no call, but okc chews into refs its a tech? lol now they know what its like to play against themselves when u have 3 refs in ur pockets protecting leagues golden child

kobyz
05-19-2016, 05:09 AM
Warriors killing the Thunder on the boards, lol spurs!

midnightpulp
05-22-2016, 09:11 PM
:hat

The beat GS at home, where they're practically unbeatable, and then beat them by 40 :wow

I still think the Thunder will fuck it up, though. They'll realize the historic thing they're doing and choke either the next game away or a 3-1 lead away, but they are definitely the real deal and the best in the league right now.

MultiTroll
05-22-2016, 09:16 PM
+ no WarriorRef to the rescue -yet.

To the contrary to OP, it feels worse knowing the Spurs could have been doing this.

ducks
05-22-2016, 09:22 PM
League wants thunder in finals so Durant stays

SAGirl
05-22-2016, 09:38 PM
I am with hater... I don't know it feels like Durant is having his Nowitzki playoffs. If he keeps like this watch out GSW and I really hope OKC wins. I feel they are overdue for their chance and since we are out of the playoffs go for it OkC! :lobt2:

YGWHI
05-23-2016, 08:50 AM
Warriors killing the Thunder on the boards, lol spurs!

Not surprising, rebounding is the key to win the series, in game 1 and 3, OKC crashed the boards over Warriors.

hater
05-23-2016, 08:51 AM
I am with hater... I don't know it feels like Durant is having his Nowitzki playoffs. If he keeps like this watch out GSW and I really hope OKC wins. I feel they are overdue for their chance and since we are out of the playoffs go for it OkC! :lobt2:

Mah shenigga :tu

kaji157
05-23-2016, 10:19 AM
Mah shenigga :tu

I´m with both, i want a rematch of BronBron vs Thunderefs.

I want to see the official crazy faces when they try to make a call in favor of both westbrook and lebron.

Horse
05-23-2016, 12:41 PM
Will be interesting. Our biggest foe as always was the refs.

spursreport
05-23-2016, 01:06 PM
:hat

The beat GS at home, where they're practically unbeatable, and then beat them by 40 :wow

I still think the Thunder will fuck it up, though. They'll realize the historic thing they're doing and choke either the next game away or a 3-1 lead away, but they are definitely the real deal and the best in the league right now.

Okc is more postseason proven than Golden State. They have actually eliminated top notch teams at full-strength. The Warriors still have yet to prove/do this. A fluky title run beating all injured teams and winning all the bullshit regular season games in the world doesn't change that fact.

Old School 44
05-23-2016, 01:19 PM
The Thunder/Warriors just makes me appreciate the Spurs class even more.

Spurs_619
05-23-2016, 01:21 PM

:wakeup

timtonymanu
05-23-2016, 01:44 PM
Okc is more postseason proven than Golden State. They have actually eliminated top notch teams at full-strength. The Warriors still have yet to prove/do this. A fluky title run beating all injured teams and winning all the bullshit regular season games in the world doesn't change that fact.

This

UZER
05-23-2016, 02:14 PM

Was hoping it was the Spurs, but been saying all season that the Warriors didn't scare me as much as everyone else because they still hasn't faced a team that was gonna push back and challenge them every possession, not regular season defense.

I wanted to see how those threes they always hit now have more pressure physically and psychologically as the games go on and the other team isn't going away.

TampaDude
05-23-2016, 05:17 PM
WCF is over. Thunder and Cavs in the Finals. Book that shit.

Uriel
05-24-2016, 09:01 PM
In a way, watching this series makes me feel even worse. OKC is showing how beatable GS is. The Spurs could've been in the Finals of the refs hadn't gotten in the way.

spurs1990
05-24-2016, 09:05 PM
By the way damn memphis for making the Spurs snooze through that series. I have to think by game 2 vs okc the players were basically incapable of turning on their competitive juices.

And a cavs okc finals is a nightmare. either james wins another title or westbrick/durant become cemented as legends for all time.

Beaverfuzz
05-24-2016, 09:09 PM
This is like when Dallas won it that year...Dirk and company were unstoppable. Same thing brewing here for the Thunder. Clicking on all cylinders at the right time.

GSW + SAS home losses this year = 3 in regular season
GSW + SAS home losses this year = 3 in playoffs (OKC)

Spurs 4 The Win
05-24-2016, 09:11 PM
In a way, watching this series makes me feel even worse. OKC is showing how beatable GS is. The Spurs could've been in the Finals of the refs hadn't gotten in the way.

This. Im getting more pissed. Warriors were frauds that cant beat a full strength team. We had OKC on the ropes multiple times and the refs interfered.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-24-2016, 09:12 PM
This is like when Dallas won it that year...Dirk and company were unstoppable. Same thing brewing here for the Thunder. Clicking on all cylinders at the right time.

Except our 2 home playoff losses were from some of the worst reffing in NBA history...

SAGirl
05-24-2016, 09:12 PM
OkC season... its their year~

SAGirl
05-24-2016, 09:13 PM

hater called it have to give credit where its due. He said early Durant having his Nowitzki like season, ref calls included.
Its their year.

SAGirl
05-24-2016, 09:15 PM
Realistically, it was over when Timmy busted his last good tire TBH.
I am enjoying OKC's moment.
Have to if you like basketball. They have been injured 3 seasons in a row and were overdue. They are coming from Bron too.

Kikoluna
05-24-2016, 09:16 PM
Isnt a backdoor sweep a sweep after being down 0-2? U really think worriers have a chance if they lose their first 2 home games??

Hey hater, what's up with your boy eliancito?

Obstructed_View
05-24-2016, 09:19 PM
By the way damn memphis for making the Spurs snooze through that series. I have to think by game 2 vs okc the players were basically incapable of turning on their competitive juices.

Fuck that shit. The Spurs couldn't be bothered to play hard for the last two months of the season. They put together one good 48 minute effort and that was in game one against OKC. Then they went back into hibernation.

Watching the role players step up for OKC is a signal that they want to win it all. The only guy that stepped up for the Spurs in the playoffs was Danny Green, and by the end the only one who looked like he actually cared about avoiding a vacation was Duncan.

rmt
05-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Go OKC - spread the rings around - no team/star with more than 2 rings.

vander
05-24-2016, 09:21 PM
so many guys on OKC that can defend the rim above the rim, getting past one or even two guys doesn't get you a layup.

TampaDude
05-24-2016, 09:22 PM
OKC = 2016 NBA Champions

hater
05-24-2016, 09:24 PM
Hey hater, what's up with your boy eliancito?

He was ready to go balls deep on us but we fucked it up :lol

Budkin
05-24-2016, 09:25 PM

The Warriors had something to prove against the Spurs. They would have made it their mission to annihilate us. The Thunder just came out of nowhere and the Dubs have no answers.

Big Dog
05-24-2016, 09:26 PM
OP is right. Yall are good people. No one will beat us this year.

05-24-2016, 09:31 PM
The Warriors would have annihilated the Spurs. Sad to think the Spurs are a distant #3 to the Warriors and Thunder. PATFO have a lot of work to do this summer. Maybe even punt the offseason and hope they can pull something off in 2017.

webshad
05-24-2016, 09:34 PM

Hopefully, OKC can close the show. Congrats.

tmtcsc
05-24-2016, 09:39 PM
What OKC is doing to GS is how I envisioned the Spurs winning. That being said, the Spurs weren't able to execute the plan. They NEVER gelled appropriately. All season long, with the wins piling up, as well as the win-margins, something didnt feel right.

The season felt strange seeing the once Big 3 being marginalized and not contributing as much. Kawhi was dubbed the leader of the team but he didn't act like it. One has to be vocal and take charge. He never acted like 'The' leader. LMA took longer than expected to come around too.

For the Spurs to return to the top, a new leader will have to emerge, someone who takes charge on the court. Manu cant will the team to win anymore, Tim cant be counted on to deliver like he did so often and TP can't pretend he's a Big anything while riding others' coattails.

Too many players rested on their laurels and watched the action on the court.

tmtcsc
05-24-2016, 09:43 PM
Westbrook is getting tired and OKC's defense is getting lazy. They have to win this game. This is it. Win this and they will most likely win the series.

Beaverfuzz
05-24-2016, 09:44 PM
Except our 2 home playoff losses were from some of the worst reffing in NBA history...

And the Spurs still had two possessions to win and didn't make the shots.

tmtcsc
05-24-2016, 09:45 PM
Come on OKC!! Dig deep!

Beaverfuzz
05-24-2016, 09:45 PM

Will the Thunder claim a second championship after they reclaim the 1978 title?

tmtcsc
05-24-2016, 09:53 PM
Westbrook is playing with all the energy of a man who wants a Ring and never got one before. That last Thompson 3 was idiotic. Kerr would be wise to pull him now. Playing with fire keeping him in with 4 fouls.

spurs1990
05-24-2016, 10:15 PM
Fuck that shit. The Spurs couldn't be bothered to play hard for the last two months of the season. They put together one good 48 minute effort and that was in game one against OKC. Then they went back into hibernation.

Watching the role players step up for OKC is a signal that they want to win it all. The only guy that stepped up for the Spurs in the playoffs was Danny Green, and by the end the only one who looked like he actually cared about avoiding a vacation was Duncan.

I'm not trying overtly to get butthurt about the refs but I'll use this as my best arguing point:

Game 5
score tied at 90 with less than a minute to play.

Bogus call #1:
Adams sticks his back leg out and trips Danny Green into Durant, resulting in a foul on Green.
okc gifted with a 92-90 lead.

Parker makes 1 of 2 on the other end and bricks another jumper leaving the score 92-91 okc w/ possession and 9 seconds left.

Bogus call #2:
Every man, woman, and child in all of creation (except 3 men in striped shirts wearing NBA logos) know the Spurs have to foul down a point, Kawhi Leonard swipes hard at westbrick as he's headed toward the lane - OBVIOUS FOUL ignored by the refs.
http://i.imgur.com/GE2qbsj.png
Instead, westbrick makes an easy layup as Aldridge barely touches him - tickiest of tackiest foul CALLED by the ref.
WTF happened to letting players decide the game down the stretch??
I mean who the *&#! makes that call in that situation against the home team!?

Score is now 95-91 okc effectively ending the game.

Either one of the above ref screw-ups changes the complexion of game 5.
A new result would carry over to game 6, with the Spurs being FAR more confident of their chances and okc playing with frayed nerves.

I don't believe any Spurs fan should forget or forgive once against getting shoddy refereeing in the MOST crucial moments of a basketball game against okc.

I know I won't. FOKC FOKC FOKC

spursistan
05-24-2016, 10:33 PM
Our Spurs competed much much better...not really that mad anymore..

TDfan2007
05-24-2016, 10:48 PM

This x 1000. OKC played with more heart, physicality, AND composure (can't believe I typed that last one) than our guys from game 2-6.

They want it BADLY and their role players are stepping up at all of the key moments. Improbable, but also pretty cool to watch now that we're no longer the victims...

SnakeBoy
05-24-2016, 11:07 PM
I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I'm happy to see the Dubs get humbled. On the other hand, ever since game 4 vs the Spurs the Thunder have been playing like a well coached TEAM. This is not good news for the Spurs future chances at #6.

GSH
05-24-2016, 11:20 PM
The Thunder are just playing better ball than anyone now. Far better than they played through the season. It sure looks like someone finally convinced Durant/Westbrook that they can't win games by themselves, because they're playing like a team now. They're also working a lot HARDER to get to every 50-50 ball. They wanted it more than the Spurs, but they're proving that they want it more than the Dubs, too. Hell, they've taken their game up a notch since they beat the crap out of the Spurs.

The Spurs could have beaten the regular season Thunder. They didn't have the horses to beat the team we're seeing now.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-24-2016, 11:39 PM
And the Spurs still had two possessions to win and didn't make the shots.

Yeah, darn we didnt execute perfectly because the refs left us no room for error. I guess thats our fault since we did have a shot :rolleyes

Against good teams you can only take so much crooked reffing before it turns the balance of the game too far and you have no margin for error. It was exactly like 2012 all over again.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-24-2016, 11:40 PM
I'm not trying overtly to get butthurt about the refs but I'll use this as my best arguing point:

Game 5

Bogus call #1:
Adams sticks his back leg out and trips Danny Green into Durant, resulting in a foul on Green.

Parker makes 1 of 2 on the other end and bricks another jumper leaving the score 92-91 okc w/ possession and 9 seconds left.

Bogus call #2:
Every man, woman, and child in all of creation (except 3 men in striped shirts wearing NBA logos) know the Spurs have to foul down a point, Kawhi Leonard swipes hard at westbrick as he's headed toward the lane - OBVIOUS FOUL ignored by the refs.
Instead, westbrick makes an easy layup as Aldridge barely touches him - tickiest of tackiest foul CALLED by the ref.

A new result would carry over to game 6, with the Spurs being FAR more confident of their chances and okc playing with frayed nerves.

I don't believe any Spurs fan should forget or forgive once against getting shoddy refereeing in the MOST crucial moments of a basketball game against okc.

There was more than that. There were so many momentum killing calls the refs made. One that sticks out was when Danny hit a 3 to put us up by 5 late in the 4th and then we got a steal for what wouldve been a dunk but then they called a phantom foul on Danny and OKC scored to cut the lead to 3. A team can only handle so many 4 point swings and free points before it becomes insurmountable.

SAGirl
05-25-2016, 12:04 AM
Have to let all that reffing butthurt talk go. It won't let you enjoy OKC's moment.

We got beat fair and square. A lot of HoF talent in our team but it was an old ass team with Timmy skidding on no tires unable to stay on the floor since he couldn't score and they were doubling everyone in the paint off him, old ass d west slow, you expect him to do better than the Thunder big men? No, he wasn't even a good rebounder in the RS. Manu vanished. Tony was his recent inconsistent self. Patty vanished as well. We were not the better team this season, age did the geriatrics in and w/o their contributions, no championship. The big 2 need better roleplayers that's the truth, some youth and some talent. It felt like a transition year in many ways anyways. Just got to come back better next season with hopefully some younger dudes.

Spurs_619
05-25-2016, 12:16 AM

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2016, 12:20 AM
Have to let all that reffing butthurt talk go. It won't let you enjoy OKC's moment.

First of all, who the fuck cares, Im not a bandwagon fagg:lolt, sounds like you are though. Other teams "moments" are not important to me, gtfo with that shit.

We got beat fair and square. A lot of HoF talent in our team but it was an old ass team with Timmy skidding on no tires unable to stay on the floor since he couldn't score and they were doubling everyone in the paint off him, old ass d west slow, you expect him to do better than the Thunder big men? No, he wasn't even a good rebounder in the RS. Manu vanished. Tony was his recent inconsistent self. Patty vanished as well. We were not the better team this season, age did the geriatrics in and w/o their contributions, no championship. The big 2 need better roleplayers that's the truth, some youth and some talent. It felt like a transition year in many ways anyways. Just got to come back better next season with hopefully some younger dudes.

Secondly, it wasnt "fair and square." Pretty sure Webber wouldnt have lost his fucking mind on national television and the refs report wouldve come back clean in Game 2 if that game was "fair." Also, Game 5 was an all time level abomination of reffing so you can take your fair and square bullshit and shove it where the sun dont shine honey. Dont tell people who spent money going to the game and watching the bullshit that unfolded in our series that it was "fair" because it wasnt. We didnt imagine up all time bad ref calling, neither did Webber, neither did the NBA reports. So dont get on your high horse and preach like we should give more than half a shit what your retarded opinion is.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2016, 12:22 AM

Its a bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off.

SAGirl
05-25-2016, 01:53 AM
No
First of all, who the fuck cares, Im not a bandwagon fagg:lolt, sounds like you are though. Other teams "moments" are not important to me, gtfo with that shit.

Secondly, it wasnt "fair and square." Pretty sure Webber wouldnt have lost his fucking mind on national television and the refs report wouldve come back clean in Game 2 if that game was "fair." Also, Game 5 was an all time level abomination of reffing so you can take your fair and square bullshit and shove it where the sun dont shine honey. Dont tell people who spent money going to the game and watching the bullshit that unfolded in our series that it was "fair" because it wasnt. We didnt imagine up all time bad ref calling, neither did Webber, neither did the NBA reports. So dont get on your high horse and preach like we should give more than half a shit what your retarded opinion is.
Lol ok you are butthurt. Enjoy that sour grapes.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2016, 02:32 AM
No
Lol ok you are butthurt. Enjoy that sour grapes.

At least you know not to attempt an argument after I fucking annihilated you, there may be hope for you yet :lol :toast

SAGirl
05-25-2016, 02:35 AM
K
At least you know not to attempt an argument after I fucking annihilated you, there may be hope for you yet :lol :toast
I didn't even read the entire thing. :lol If you think you killed me with that fine. :wakeup

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2016, 02:45 AM
K
I didn't even read the entire thing. :lol If you think you killed me with that fine. :wakeup

Well since you didnt read it, Ill just let you know, you got fucking destroyed :lol

HankChinaski
05-25-2016, 03:13 AM
Spurs season is over. Regardless how it turned out with bad officiating and players going cold. Just let it go and look to next season. Duncan may have gotten his last ring in 2014. That sucks. That is also life. Can't have everything exactly how you want it. Life would be so fucking boring if that were the case. 2014 was so awesome because that group of players hadn't rang since '07. That level of adversity and length of time made it so fucking awesome.

If your a basketball fan you keep watching the game regardless if your team is out.

Spurs have a playoff contending team I look forward to seeing what may happen next

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2016, 04:09 AM
Spurs season is over. Regardless how it turned out with bad officiating and players going cold. Just let it go and look to next season. Duncan may have gotten his last ring in 2014. That sucks. That is also life. Can't have everything exactly how you want it. Life would be so fucking boring if that were the case. 2014 was so awesome because that group of players hadn't rang since '07. That level of adversity and length of time made it so fucking awesome.

If your a basketball fan you keep watching the game regardless if your team is out.

Spurs have a playoff contending team I look forward to seeing what may happen next

Yeah sure. But it doesnt change the fact that this reffing is still happening in the new regime after David Stern and its sad that we have seen so many Tim Duncan title runs ruined from bad officiating. I know that I wont be renewing my season tickets next year after this years playoffs and I know its not a big deal because someone else will buy them up but its really a sad state for the NBA when I love the Spurs and love watching basketball but its time to temper expectations and take a step back if thats the turd sandwhich of officiating we are going to continually get.

As a season ticket holder, the crooked NBA officiating has a direct effect on the monetary value of your investment into season tickets for the team and robs the city of millions in revenue it wouldve otherwise gotten from the later playoff series. Sad really

Beaverfuzz
05-25-2016, 10:25 AM

Exactly. You can take solace in that it looks like the Spurs have played the Thunder better than the Warriors have. Still, got beat by a better and very much more motivated team.

HankChinaski
05-25-2016, 11:57 AM
Yeah sure. But it doesnt change the fact that this reffing is still happening in the new regime after David Stern and its sad that we have seen so many Tim Duncan title runs ruined from bad officiating. I know that I wont be renewing my season tickets next year after this years playoffs and I know its not a big deal because someone else will buy them up but its really a sad state for the NBA when I love the Spurs and love watching basketball but its time to temper expectations and take a step back if thats the turd sandwhich of officiating we are going to continually get.

As a season ticket holder, the crooked NBA officiating has a direct effect on the monetary value of your investment into season tickets for the team and robs the city of millions in revenue it wouldve otherwise gotten from the later playoff series. Sad really

Well, maybe people like yourself should start petitioning and gathering people to make issue with it. Not picking up season tickets isn't going to amount to much.

Seventyniner
05-25-2016, 12:59 PM
Well since you didnt read it, Ill just let you know, you got fucking destroyed :lol

Maybe in your mind. I actually did read it and it was just a whining wall of text to me.

Obstructed_View
05-25-2016, 02:47 PM

Game 5

Bogus call #1:

Bogus call #2:

I think the refs absolutely fucked the Spurs out of two opportunities to win the games. But I've always said that it's up to the team not to put the game into someone else's control. It's not like we didn't know that the Thunder were going to get calls in this series, right? Surely the Spurs are smart enough to know that, yet they played down to their competition and put themselves in that position. The Spurs looked good in game one and then never looked the same again. Either that means they weren't actually as good as we thought or the Thunder just stepped up and played great. I'm okay with either conclusion.

hater
05-25-2016, 03:07 PM
This series was similar to Spurs Heat 14 IMO. Both teams started the series even and then the better team just went HAM

UZER
05-25-2016, 03:22 PM
Hate OKC, but no Fisher makes it somewhat tolerable.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Maybe in your mind. I actually did read it and it was just a whining wall of text to me.

You are such a white knight. Maybe you can get SAGirl's number and get that elusive date you have been longing for, lol fagg:lolt

YGWHI
05-25-2016, 04:54 PM
It sure looks like someone finally convinced Durant/Westbrook that they can't win games by themselves, because they're playing like a team now.
Donovan is a smart coach. He did it. Also, he isn't afraid to "take inspiration" from rivals-strategies.

Some of OKC switching in the first half reminds me of the Spurs' defense vs Warriors in SA.

nadie
05-25-2016, 09:24 PM
In the post game press conference in one of the games the Spurs won in the SA-OKC series, Westbrook said that the loss was on him and he had to play better, I felt that it was a turning point. Since then, the good Westbrook shows up more than the bad Westbrook. I think OKC is playing to keep Durant that is why they are playing with such inspiration or desperation. Either way, it's good to see a team finally living up to it's potential.

As a Tim Duncan fan with blinders on both eyes, I would say that Tim Duncan was not beaten by OKC. He was beaten by Father Time.

spurs1990
05-26-2016, 12:08 AM
Game 5 will live in infamy