PDA

View Full Version : It's only A short matter of time before...

Nbadan
05-17-2016, 01:50 AM
...not big into NBA prediction threads, but finish the sentence...

....mine is, ....Manu retires..he knows in his current condition he's hurting the team, can't guard like he used to...can't shoot like he used too...he will do what is right....he's got a player option for 2.9 on the table...

RD2191
05-17-2016, 01:58 AM
Boris Diaw is diagnosed with diabetes.

apalisoc_9
05-17-2016, 01:59 AM
Boris Diaw is diagnosed with diabetes.

:lol

Time to let go of the superfriends imo. They all seem to be happy and lack hunger. Sad to say.

SAGirl
05-17-2016, 02:09 AM
He can still shoot IMO and pass, but he can't guard like he used to or get separation against athletic defenders and that also makes his passes difficult when he's played physically. He can stIll help IMO but if he returns he needs a roll man a la Tiago. He cannot play with two jumpshooting bigs and one of them is Diaw who coasts through the season.

Frankly with better bigs we might have survived OKC and Manu might have been fine. On whether or not he returns, I already predicted he would retire, but who knows? If we improve the roster in other areas Pop can feel youngsters, rookies (Bertans and this season's pick?) need babysitting and need a vet guide and leader and bring him back. I am not sure if that would be worth it for him bc to keep himself in playing shape is a chore. Ideally the bench centerpiece is someone younger (and I am not advocating Kyle, as everyone assumes that /smh), it could be Tony or someone else.

I am careful on predicting this stuff. Timmy to me his knees are gone. He just has to retire. Manu if TD retires could just decide it's his time too and he was ready to retire last summer, but if he was wanted he could come back.

Nbadan
05-17-2016, 02:13 AM
I am careful on predicting this stuff. Timmy to me his knees are gone. He just has to retire. Manu if TD retires could just decide it's his time too and he was ready to retire last summer, but if he was wanted he could come back.

i think in limited minutes Tim can be effective....he does not have a history of serious injury, so why not? West came cheap to the Spurs and then was shut out by OKC....I wonder if a player like Matt Barnes would have made a difference against the Kanter/Adams duo....

Spurtacular
05-17-2016, 02:30 AM
Manu isn't the problem. If he can only give 12 good minutes as a deeper rotation player, he'll do it. Parker is the problem. I ain't krew. I just have my doubts about the odds of him leading a team to a ring as a starting PG at this point in his career.

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2016, 02:46 AM
...not big into NBA prediction threads, but finish the sentence...

....mine is, ....Manu retires..he knows in his current condition he's hurting the team, can't guard like he used to...can't shoot like he used too...he will do what is right....he's got a player option for 2.9 on the table...
:tu

SAGirl
05-17-2016, 02:53 AM
i think in limited minutes Tim can be effective....he does not have a history of serious injury, so why not? West came cheap to the Spurs and then was shut out by OKC....I wonder if a player like Matt Barnes would have made a difference against the Kanter/Adams duo....
If Timmy comes back he will be KG status. Again, I just think age did him in finally, and he's said when it's time he would know it and feel it. I don't think he comes back to be a shell of himself, he's too proud from that and it's frustrating for him when he can't play at a level that is adequate for his standards. But I can see him coach, be still loves the game too much. We shall see. Ppl accuse me of some hatemongering campaign against these legends and I am not. Father time just came knocking.

Snaq O'Meal
05-17-2016, 02:57 AM

I doubt Barnes will make a difference. He's a good rebounder, for a small forward. But at 6'7", he's too undersized to rebound against two 7-footers.

Aldridge and a healthy Duncan would've made a difference. Which is why they should not turn down Pau Gasol if he's keen to join. He's currently the closest thing to a healthy Duncan in the league.

KimmyGib
05-17-2016, 04:13 AM
Only a matter of time before Lebron and Chris Paul join forces

TheDoctor
05-17-2016, 07:48 AM
... COACH Kyle Anderson

:rollin

Russo21
05-17-2016, 07:56 AM
:lol

Time to let go of the superfriends imo. They all seem to be happy and lack hunger. Sad to say. Bobo and Tony certainly don't lack hunger :D

DarrinS
05-17-2016, 07:59 AM
...I wonder if a player like Matt Barnes would have made a difference against the Kanter/Adams duo....

:lmao

NameLess Scrub
05-17-2016, 08:20 AM
Only a matter of time before a team I don't like wins a title.

Captivus
05-17-2016, 08:32 AM
Only a matter of time before...we see who the NBA wants to benefit with the lottery.