PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Does league want Lebron to win a 3rd title?

Ghazi
05-17-2016, 08:32 AM
Cavs would have HCA against the Thunder and matchup better against them than they would against the Warriors and Spurs... Thunder are getting all the borderline calls against the Spurs and last night v the Warriors... is this 2006 all over again where the league wants to hype up a superstar? Not to mention Lebrons recent SpaceJam movie coming out... is Adam Silver behind the strings encouraging the refs or did the Warriors simply have a bad shooting night?

Ghazi
05-17-2016, 08:33 AM
Or are the Thunder better than we thought they were? If theyre good enough to beat the Spurs and Warriors maybe this could be the year Durant finally rings... so many questions, so little time.

Thread
05-17-2016, 09:54 AM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

Ghazi
05-17-2016, 09:58 AM
Thread

I'm not blaming anyone, but I know the league sometimes has marketing agendas... (Dad Killer 94-95 Retirement, Heat 2006)

K...
05-17-2016, 09:59 AM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

But the Jews? , it's legitimate when there is an obvious Zionist agenda.

Surely it's not cowardly to indulge in anti Semitic analysis?

K...
05-17-2016, 10:02 AM
I think curry is still hurt and can't take over the games. He hit shots, but it was streaky.

That may be all okc needs. Still, this is only one game and Kerr has the players to make the adjustments. At the minimum.they should knock out Adams, knock down Russ some more.

Buddy Mignon
05-17-2016, 10:19 AM
No. The league has its new poster child in Curry. He's good... he's a half breed... he's religious... and he's a family man... thats until we peek into his closet.

Ghazi
05-17-2016, 10:27 AM
So what's your prediction, Buddy? GS comes back and wins the series?

daslicer
05-17-2016, 10:33 AM
I don't think so. The league benefits the most from GS winning. Curry is the most popular player among casual fans. He looks like he's 13 which makes him non threatening to everybody. He attracts people to the game that normally wouldn't watch it. I think ratings will be actually lower if the Warriors don't get to the finals due to all the bandwagon warrior fans who are only watching because of the Warriors.

J.T.
05-17-2016, 10:55 AM
I'm sorry but LeBron has been to the Finals six times overall and five straight years. If the league wanted him to have 3 rings by now, he would have them. Maybe he shouldn't have shit the bed so bad in his first trip with Miami against Dallas.

whitemamba
05-17-2016, 11:32 AM
Bad shooting night tbh, mixed with some good defense.

Horse
05-17-2016, 12:28 PM
Thread

I'm not blaming anyone, but I know the league sometimes has marketing agendas... (Dad Killer 94-95 Retirement, Heat 2006)

2 out of 3 from the 3-peat lakers

DAF86
05-17-2016, 12:31 PM
The Thunder are very good (lol preffering to face them over the Clippers). And the new Soctty Brooks found something in the Adams-Kanter pairing. If they force GS to stay big, they have a mini-battle won. It's still hard to think they can pull it off.

JohnnyMax
05-17-2016, 12:33 PM
Curry is too injured to take over games.

Thread
05-17-2016, 01:27 PM
I think curry is still hurt and can't take over the games. He hit shots, but it was streaky.

That may be all okc needs. Still, this is only one game and Kerr has the players to make the adjustments. At the minimum.they should knock out Adams, knock down Russ some more.

Oh, horseshit. OKC sat down and came up with a plan. What, you thought they were just going to follow everybody else to the poorhouse? Now, it's up to Kerr and his people to counter it. Is State sodded & sated? They were last night. We're gonna find out tomorrow night if it's the beginning, or, the end.

And I don't want to hear another fucking word about injury. STFU and act like somebody.

Kawhitstorm
05-17-2016, 01:49 PM
The Thunder are very good (lol preffering to face them over the Clippers). And the new Soctty Brooks found something in the Adams-Kanter pairing. If they force GS to stay big, they have a mini-battle won. It's still hard to think they can pull it off.

Forget Adams-Kanter, it's actually Waiters that is playing like 2012 James Harden: He's the leading scorer in the 4th quarter for OKC.:lol If it wasn't for him their guard rotation would be shitty (Foye/Paynes::lol), at least they can play Ibaka or KD at the 4 over Kanter/Adams.

Thread
05-17-2016, 02:13 PM

Before we go any further:::just remember it was your old dad that called Kanter first. Me

~O~
05-17-2016, 02:44 PM
Its a great thought. I was thinking to myself about it too. They would want Golden State to lose because they know LeBron can't beat them and they know DAMN well Westbrook and Durant won't beat them. They've kept quiet by not hyping LeBron or Cleveland at all most of the season. The league is already identified itself as a business and a business must make money. They'll cut all corners to do so at the expense of money rather than a legitimate product as most hated business always do.

daslicer
05-17-2016, 02:49 PM
Its a great thought. I was thinking to myself about it too. They would want Golden State to lose because they know LeBron can't beat them and they know DAMN well Westbrook and Durant won't beat them. They've kept quiet by not hyping LeBron or Cleveland at all most of the season. The league is already identified itself as a business and a business must make money. They'll cut all corners to do so at the expense of money rather than a legitimate product as most hated business always do.

How do they make money by the Warriors not going to the finals since the Warriors get the highest tv ratings out of all the remaining teams. I don't get how it would be good for business if the Warriors didn't make it to the finals.

Dex
05-17-2016, 02:50 PM
I sure as fuck do.

Fuck the Warriors and Fuck the Thunder tbh.

Sorry Toronto fans...you don't even belong on this discussion.

Buddy Mignon
05-17-2016, 03:11 PM
I sure as fuck do.

Fuck the Warriors and Fuck the Thunder tbh.

Sorry Toronto fans...you don't even belong on this discussion.

Neither did your Spurs... but you begged to differ. Now you're walking around with a sore pussy not having enough class to represent your coast.

K...
05-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Neither did your Spurs... but you begged to differ. Now you're walking around with a sore pussy not having enough class to represent your coast.

Pot, kettle, both black. Laker fan is free to bandwagon as they see fit, but you can't deny us of the right to bandwagon and bitch

DMC
05-17-2016, 04:23 PM
I don't think the league has a goal in that area. I think individuals have Vegas spreads to cover and the media wants large market teams to succeed just to reach a wider audience. The NBA just wants profit.

Clipper Nation
05-17-2016, 04:25 PM
The NBA and Media all hate LeBron, tbh. They always have, ever since he started to look like he'd threaten their precious DK's legacy. Since their old fuck-buddy (Kobe) retired, they now want their new fuck-buddy (Curry) to ring every year.

dbestpro
05-17-2016, 05:19 PM
The league is doing everything it can to keep OKC relevant. They know that is Durant leaves that Westbrook will be OTD the next chance he gets. OKC will become a dead franchise at that point, which makes the whole Seattle move a big joke.