PDA

View Full Version : Spurs should absolutely trade for MCW

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-17-2016, 10:02 PM
1. He's available - Freak is their PG now.

2. Very tradable salary at 2.4 mil.

3. Mills and 1st for MCW and Damian Inglis (Fenchie 3/4, fits here well).

4. Chip works a miracle on his shooting and makes him an average shooter, then suddenly we have a killer perimeter defense with MCW-Green-Kawhi. Who can get through that?

5. All MCW has to do on O is get the ball to LMA/Kawhi, hit the odd open shot, slash a bit, and crash the O boards (something he's great at).

6. Parker shifts to 6th man, kills opposing benches.

7. We use capspace on a rebounder/shotblocker that we desperately need.

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2016, 10:04 PM
Thing is I don't think they'll go after Spurs trash again after the Gary Neal experiment failed

Big Empty
05-17-2016, 10:05 PM
The 76ers have 3 Centers. Okahfor, Imbid and Noel. Who are wevtrading for?

spurtech09
05-17-2016, 10:06 PM
Thing is I don't think they'll go after Spurs trash again after the Gary Neal experiment failed
Gary Neal was a solid 3pt shooter for the Spurs.

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2016, 10:08 PM
Gary Neal was a solid 3pt shooter for the Spurs.
Yes, but like Mills, he's a traffic cone on defense. A shooting guard in a point guard body

timtonymanu
05-17-2016, 10:09 PM

MCW plays for Bucks

Strategic
05-17-2016, 10:09 PM
He's young enough and shows some signs.

SD126
05-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Not happening...makes too much sense. Spurs won't do it for that reason alone.

SD126
05-17-2016, 10:12 PM

None. 76ers can get better offers than what we can offer.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-17-2016, 10:19 PM
None. 76ers can get better offers than what we can offer.

Most teams have PGs they already like. MCW has "failed" at two teams already. Teams aren't lining up to sign him.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-17-2016, 10:21 PM

Bayless is out of contract, Patty a similar player to Bayless. Pay Patty 3.2 or re-up Bayless to a much larger contract (due to insane salary cap jump).

We have a history of trading with Milwaukee. I think MCW is there for the taking.

Slippy
05-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Remember this guy playing well against the spurs last time they met . Spurs usually take note when that happens.

This possibility seems more realistic than conley.

J_Paco
05-17-2016, 10:32 PM
Yuck!!!

MCW sucks and has failed in two (bottom feeder) situations, but will become the PG of the future for the Spurs?

No thanks, he can't score efficiently, is unathletic and is a poor outside shooter. Only thing he brings is defense and length at the PG position.

I would rather stick with Patty and Tony for one last season and fill in the gaps elsewhere. Carter-Williams would just come here and be a huge, huge disappointment anyway.

Obi Juan Kenobi
05-17-2016, 10:36 PM
Dick Jefferson trade 2.0 with the Bucks once again...make it happen RC!!!

ginobilized
05-17-2016, 10:38 PM
MCW looks great as an idea, but, he is a turnover waiting to happen. Pop would never go there.
He is very inefficient as a scorer and isn't a natural leader. Conley fits the bill better for the system.

TheGreatYacht
05-17-2016, 10:40 PM
:pop: A lineup with MCW, Kyle Anderson, Diaw, and West. I hate 3pt shooting, it's not basketball. Pull the trigger RC

J_Paco
05-17-2016, 10:42 PM
MCW looks great as an idea, but, he is a turnover waiting to happen. Pop would never go there.
He is very inefficient as a scorer and isn't a natural leader. Conley fits the bill better for the system.

No thanks to both. One is too old (nearly 30) and the other too unathletic (Carter-Williams) to be the successor to TP.

Conley is extremely overrated by people on this message board. When he pans out like Jefferson did people will be singing a different tune.

Hoops Czar
05-17-2016, 10:42 PM
Absofuckinglutely NOT. MCW is the definition of what it means to be overrated.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-17-2016, 10:43 PM
Yuck!!!

MCW sucks and has failed in two (bottom feeder) situations, but will become the PG of the future for the Spurs?

No thanks, he can't score efficiently, is unathletic and is a poor outside shooter. Only thing he brings is defense and length at the PG position.

I would rather stick with Patty and Tony for one last season and fill in the gaps elsewhere. Carter-Williams would just come here and be a huge, huge disappointment anyway.

Did you bother to read my posts? We have this guy called Chip who can fix player's shots. I'm confident he could get MCW to at least league average. And HE DOESN'T NEED TO SCORE! We have 2 20ppg scorers. He needs to defend like a terrier, slash a bit (good at this), O board a bit (good at this), hit the odd open shot (bad at this but Chip will help), hustle to loose balls (killed us in OKC series), and that's it.

Unathletic? Really? Not what I've seen.

We need a strong rebounder so badly we need to spend the money there. If we don't bring in a new PG we're destined to fail for years to come. He's the best affordable option.

Other options are Darren Collison (5m, but I think Kings like him, and he's not a great defender), Teague (8m, and who do we trade for him?), Conley (20m, unlikely and expensive but a good fit).

I'll take a shot on the 2.4m kid who is an excellent defender, long and athletic.

J_Paco
05-17-2016, 10:46 PM
Did you bother to read my posts? We have this guy called Chip who can fix player's shots. I'm confident he could get MCW to at least league average.

We need a strong rebounder so badly we need to spend the money there. If we don't bring in a new PG we're destined to fail for years to come. He's the best affordable option.

Other options are Darren Collison (5m, but I think Kings like him, and he's not a great defender), Teague (8m, and who do we trade for him?), Conley (20m, unlikely and expensive but a good fit).

I'll take a shot on the 2.4m kid who is an excellent defender, long and athletic.

Yes, cause Chip can magically fix any player's broken jumper. Not everyone is Kawhi and do the work to improve a glaring flaw.

His lack of athleticism is one of the main reasons he's a PG and not a SG. Kid is average or below average for a 6'6" PG/SG.

Compare his ability to finish/play above the rim to a similar player in Shaun Livingston, who suffered a gruesome knee injury, yet finishes much, much better and is more explosive going to the rim.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-17-2016, 10:48 PM
PS Sure, we all want Conley, no shit. BUT HOW ARE YOU GOING TO GET HIM??? Grizz can offer him much more money, and we'd have to create a lot of capspace to even have a shot.

So, we have, what, a 10% chance to get Conley. What's your next option??? I say MCW, which leaves us money to go and get the rebounder/shotblocker we need to put next to LMA (maybe Noah, or someone like him).

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-17-2016, 10:49 PM
Yes, cause Chip can magically fix any player's broken jumper. Not everyone is Kawhi and do the work to improve a glaring flaw.

We'll see. All I'm saying is it's worth a shot. Spurs routinely take players under-valued by the league and turn them into gold. I see that opportunity with MCW.

And even if it doesn't work you still have Parker, which was your option. All you've lost is Mills and a 29th pick.

cd98
05-17-2016, 11:05 PM
PS Sure, we all want Conley, no shit. BUT HOW ARE YOU GOING TO GET HIM??? Grizz can offer him much more money, and we'd have to create a lot of capspace to even have a shot.

So, we have, what, a 10% chance to get Conley. What's your next option??? I say MCW, which leaves us money to go and get the rebounder/shotblocker we need to put next to LMA (maybe Noah, or someone like him).

Spurs can offer him a chance to win. Grizzlies have a low seed roster and fired a good coach. They'll be fighting to make the playoffs. Spurs can pay him and he can spend his prime years feeding Kawhi and LMA rather than an aging Randolph and Beta Gasol. I think Spurs have a goo chance to get Conley if they are willing to pay him and Parker.

coachmac87
05-17-2016, 11:08 PM
Spurs can offer him a chance to win. Grizzlies have a low seed roster and fired a good coach. They'll be fighting to make the playoffs. Spurs can pay him and he can spend his prime years feeding Kawhi and LMA rather than an aging Randolph and Beta Gasol. I think Spurs have a goo chance to get Conley if they are willing to pay him and Parker.

And if Parker is sold on coming off the bench...

Darius Bieber
05-17-2016, 11:20 PM
Remember this guy playing well against the spurs last time they met . Spurs usually take note when that happens.

This possibility seems more realistic than conley.

Yep - that's why they traded for Ray McCollum. He torched Parker when he was on the Kings.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-17-2016, 11:24 PM

I understand all that, but is he going to leave 20m+ on the table? Unlikely. He's not 35 like West.

Also, then what do we do about C? We have no space to sign anyone.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-17-2016, 11:25 PM
You win in the NBA by turning under-valued players into good or great ones (ala Kawhi, Danny, Darymond, etc). MCW is ripe for the Spursing. ;)

Sean Cagney
05-17-2016, 11:26 PM
Absofuckinglutely NOT.

This.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-17-2016, 11:40 PM
You guys aren't getting it. He has a 2.4m salary, so you give up basically nothing to see if the Spurs can unleash his talent.

And other options are even longer shots or cause us to spend a lot more, which means ignoring our glaring need at centre.

It's basically a free shot at turning him into a good player, and I believe the Spurs can do it, just like they have with so many players in the past.

palangi
05-17-2016, 11:56 PM

His lack of athleticism is one of the main reasons he's a PG and not a SG. Kid is average or below average for a 6'6" PG/SG.

Compare his ability to finish/play above the rim to a similar player in Shaun Livingston, who suffered a gruesome knee injury, yet finishes much, much better and is more explosive going to the rim.
In case you didn't know, Parker couldn't shoot for shit when he got here. Seems chip helped him out too. Seemed to help Bowen? And I'm sure there are more.

palangi
05-17-2016, 11:58 PM
Yep - that's why they traded for Ray McCollum. He torched Parker when he was on the Kings.
Who doesn't torch Parker at this point.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 12:11 AM
You guys aren't getting it. He has a 2.4m salary, so you give up basically nothing to see if the Spurs can unleash his talent.

And other options are even longer shots or cause us to spend a lot more, which means ignoring our glaring need at centre.

It's basically a free shot at turning him into a good player, and I believe the Spurs can do it, just like they have with so many players in the past.

Spurs will trade Parker if Conley is signed ( Conley sign and trade for TP males sense for MEM). Makes no sense to pay 35 mil a yr for two PGs. RC is never that undisciplined. By trading Parker and letting Diaw go, SA could still have 15-18 mil to spend in FA to fill in other areas.

If not Conley, I rather Spurs trade Mills/ Diaw for Teague. SA could still have 15 mil to spend in FA ( if TD/ Manu retire).

No to MCW.

AFMadison
05-18-2016, 12:14 AM
For everyone who doesn't want MCW at 2.4, I'm almost positive are the same people who didn't think the offense this year was shit :lol

palangi
05-18-2016, 12:16 AM
For everyone who doesn't want MCW at 2.4, I'm almost positive are the same people who didn't think the offense this year was shit :lol
It's amazing how some are so afraid of change.

J_Paco
05-18-2016, 12:17 AM
In case you didn't know, Parker couldn't shoot for shit when he got here. Seems chip helped him out too. Seemed to help Bowen? And I'm sure there are more.

You don't know whether his poor shooting is a confidence thing (some people are just poor outside shooters) or if it is something mechanical that can be corrected. I haven't heard anything about him going to a "shot doctor" or shooting coach to improve. It could be he is just not confident or is just a poor outside shooter.

Thinking that coach Chip can repair every player's shooting touch is ludicrous, TBH. Chip can help the one's willing to learn (Kawhi & Tony) or that have a mechanical flaw, but that won't transfer to every player that puts on a Spurs jersey.

Carter-Williams is terrible in a half-court set offense, people. His game is much better in a transition based offense where he can see the floor due to his superior height (for a PG), but as soon as the game slows down (think playoffs) he'll revert back to trash on offense.

Why the fuck are some of y'all so enamored with Conley? He is coming off a serious injury, has steadily declined in production since '14, he's nearly 30 years old, he is poor finishing at the rim (54% from 0-3 ft in '16/ 57.7% from 0-3 for career compared to Parker at 61.5% from 0-3 ft. in '16/64.9% from 0-3 ft. for career) and is slightly undersized in comparison to the elite PG's.

Neither of those two are the answer. Either they should stand pat while grooming a project PG (least desirable move), swing a trade for some other team's project PG (Toronto, Minnesota, etc.), trade for a solid PG like Jeff Teague (most desirable move) or just sign another (young) veteran PG to battle Parker/Mills for minutes on the cheap.

Wasting assets on acquiring a subpar starter (who is no better than Parker) or signing a fading veteran PG won't do the trick. It might help everyone feel good for the short term, but they will be right back whining about the same thing next offseason.

AFMadison
05-18-2016, 12:18 AM
Did you bother to read my posts? We have this guy called Chip who can fix player's shots. I'm confident he could get MCW to at least league average. And HE DOESN'T NEED TO SCORE! We have 2 20ppg scorers. He needs to defend like a terrier, slash a bit (good at this), O board a bit (good at this), hit the odd open shot (bad at this but Chip will help), hustle to loose balls (killed us in OKC series), and that's it.

On the money.

palangi
05-18-2016, 12:28 AM
You don't known whether his poor shooting is a confidence thing (some people are just poor outside shooters) or if it is something mechanical that can be corrected. I haven't heard anything about him going to a "shot doctor" or shooting coach to improve. It could be he is just not confident or is just a poor outside shooter.

Thinking that coach Chip can repair every player's shooting touch is ludicrous, TBH. He can help the one's willing to learn (Kawhi & Tony) or that have a mechanical flaw, but that won't transfer to every player that puts on a Spurs jersey.
Your right. And you don't know it either. But why not see? You know you are getting a long defensive PG that is also a pass first guy. So fixing his shooting even marginally makes it worth it. Especially for the price.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 12:29 AM
On the money.

MCW got benched at times last yr for Jarod fucking Bayless.

MCW has regressed and doesn't know how to win. He's due 3.1 next yr , not 2.4 then he'll be a restricted free agent.

I would much rather Spurs use Mills in a package to get a better point guard who is still young, has been in the fire in big games, can shoot, and create -- like Jeff Teague.

palangi
05-18-2016, 12:32 AM

MCW has regressed and doesn't know how to win. He's due 3.1 next yr , not 2.4 then he'll be a restricted free agent.

I would much rather Spurs use Mills in a package to get a better point guard who is still young, has been in the fire in big games, can shoot, and create -- like Jeff Teague.
That's also with Jason Kidd as a coach. I wouldn't much against him with that guy making decisions.

SD126
05-18-2016, 12:33 AM

Like Jeff Teague has a rising stock of his own, getting benched by Dennis Schroeder of all players in the playoffs. Smh

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 12:35 AM
That's also with Jason Kidd as a coach. I wouldn't much against him with that guy making decisions.

Spurs need a point guard that doesn't need year(s) to develop.

They need a seasoned PG, in their prime that doesn't need to learn how to shoot a basketball.

If SA was in rebuilding mode, I'd be for it -- different circumstance.

AFMadison
05-18-2016, 12:37 AM

Look at the teams MCW is playing for. I'd like to see what he could do under a short leash from Pop. Not saying he comes over and starts, but fucking dump bonner and let this guy be our 2014 Cojo.

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-18-2016, 12:37 AM
I think MCW is a terrible idea and there's literally no chance Pop would get a Robertson-like shooter as a PG, unless it's in a reserve 10 mins per role.

Did you bother to read my posts? We have this guy called Chip who can fix player's shots. I'm confident he could get MCW to at least league average.

No shit. I say we get Tony Allen and turn him into a decent shooter.

And HE DOESN'T NEED TO SCORE! We have 2 20ppg scorers.

Everybody needs to score in 2016.

He needs to defend like a terrier

He's never been a great defender.

slash a bit (good at this)

Not very good, his FG% from 0-3 feet in the last couple of years is about .550 and 3-10 is .430. Even a broken down Parker has been significantly better in the last couple of years.

O board a bit (good at this)

Doesn't matter - Spurs PGs get back for trasition D, they don't crash the O boards.

hit the odd open shot (bad at this but Chip will help)

He really really can't.

hustle to loose balls (killed us in OKC series), and that's it.

There should be more. With the offense running through Kawhi and LMA the Spurs need a totally different type of PG than MCW. Patty is much closer to what the Spurs need right now than MCW.

palangi
05-18-2016, 12:38 AM
Spurs need a point guard that doesn't need year(s) to develop.

They need a seasoned PG, in their prime that doesn't need to learn how to shoot a basketball.

If SA was in rebuilding mode, I'd be for it -- different circumstance.
You are really stretching to find things wrong with MCW to build up Teague.

MWC would be just fine. And would grow in the system. He's not as far off as you want to make him.

palangi
05-18-2016, 12:40 AM
I think MCW is a terrible idea and there's literally no chance Pop would get a Robertson-like shooter as a PG, unless it's in a reserve 10 mins per role.

Not very good, his FG% from 0-3 feet in the last couple of years is about .550 and 3-10 is .430. Even a broken down Parker has been significantly better in the last couple of years.

Doesn't matter - Spurs PGs get back for trasition D, they don't crash the O boards.

He really really can't.

There should be more. With the offense running through Kawhi and LMA the Spurs need a totally different type of PG than MCW. Patty is much closer to what the Spurs need right now than MCW.
Dooms days warrior here!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-18-2016, 12:45 AM
Spurs will trade Parker if Conley is signed ( Conley sign and trade for TP males sense for MEM). Makes no sense to pay 35 mil a yr for two PGs. RC is never that undisciplined. By trading Parker and letting Diaw go, SA could still have 15-18 mil to spend in FA to fill in other areas.

If not Conley, I rather Spurs trade Mills/ Diaw for Teague. SA could still have 15 mil to spend in FA ( if TD/ Manu retire).

No to MCW.

How does TP make sense for the Grizz? He doesn't. Sign and trade for Conley is magical thinking.

I love Conley, he'd be a great fit, I just don't see us getting him, and if we do how do we plug the frontcourt holes?

I like Teague too and think he's a good option. Or Darren Collison. But I'm intrigued by what MCW might become in a strong development environment.

J_Paco
05-18-2016, 12:48 AM
You are really stretching to find things wrong with MCW to build up Teague.

MWC would be just fine. And would grow in the system. He's not as far off as you want to make him.

Dude, Michael Carter-Williams sucks. Point blank. He isn worth trading for when he's only marginally better than Patty Mills. The Spurs could scrap the FA pool and find a point guard of similar ability. The kid got benched for Greivis Vasquez and Jerryd Bayless, yet will somehow be the "saviour" of the much better San Antonio Spurs?

Kid would fall apart in a deep playoff run and look terrible against the elite PG's. He'd look worse than TP, IMO.

I would much rather the Spurs pick up a stop-gap at PG like Darren Collison (although, I hate his lack of size), Langston Galloway or someone else to replace Patty. None of these guys people are mentioning, minus maybe Jeff Teague, is good enough to be the long-term solution. And Conley will continue to regress and get injured while Spurs fan will refer to him as "Richard Jefferson 2.0."

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-18-2016, 12:50 AM

He really really can't.

You're basically saying you don't think the Spurs could develop him. Maybe you're right. But I see it as a low risk high reward gamble to have a go and see how he works in a disciplined system with a supportive environment.

Patty was absolutely useless against the Thunder. I love the guy, but he's had his time here, and sacrificing him for a high upside gamble isn't much of a loss.

Btw, I know how the Spurs play. But if we had a PG who was good at crashing the boards we'd introduce a new wrinkle, wouldn't we? Westbrook killed us on the boards. I'd like to see what happens if we had a good rebounding PG changing things up.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-18-2016, 12:51 AM
Dude, Michael Carter-Williams sucks. Point blank. He isn worth trading for when he's only marginally better than Patty Mills. The Spurs could scrap the FA pool and find a point guard of similar ability. The kid got benched for Greivis Vasquez and Jerryd Bayless, yet will somehow be the "saviour" of the much better San Antonio Spurs?

Kid would fall apart in a deep playoff run and look terrible against the elite PG's. He'd look worse than TP, IMO.

You are assuming our development guys and disciplined culture can't improve him. I think it could. He's still very young.

Also, please explain your solution for filling glaring holes at C and PG with 12m capspace.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 12:52 AM
How does TP make sense for the Grizz? He doesn't. Sign and trade for Conley is magical thinking.

I love Conley, he'd be a great fit, I just don't see us getting him, and if we do how do we plug the frontcourt holes?

I like Teague too and think he's a good option. Or Darren Collison. But I'm intrigued by what MCW might become in a strong development environment.

MEM will still have win now pieces without Conley. In the short term, there's not really any better alternatives on the FA market once Conley is off.And a Sign and Trade would guarantee them a decent replacement for two yrs ( nothing in FA is guaranteed). Also, paying Tony for only 2 years gives them a starting PG piece that fits with their win now pieces and allows flexibility the next two Summers ( Parkers expiring will be an asset in 17') -- which is better than paying Rondo 4/60 or Collison 4/ 50.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-18-2016, 12:55 AM
MEM will still have win now pieces without Conley. In the short term, there's not really any better alternatives on the FA market once Conley is off. Having and paying Tony for only 2 years gives them a starting PG piece that fits with their win now pieces and allows flexibility the next two Summers ( Parkers expiring will be an asset in 17') -- which is better than paying Rondo 4/60 or Collison 4/ 50.

So Grizz could win with Parker where a 67 win Spurs team couldn't? :lmao

If they lose Conley they're in full on rebuild mode and TP is irrelevant.

If Grizz sign-and-trade Conley for TP I'll eat my hat.

Hoops Czar
05-18-2016, 12:57 AM

No to MCW.

No they won't.:lol Parker isn't going anywhere and if it makes no sense to pay 35 mil to two pgs, the Spurs won't sign Conley. You may not agree with the their methodology or reasoning, but, they've been doing business this way since Duncan came into the league and I don't expect things to change much in the future. No way in hell would they even consider moving a member of the big three.

palangi
05-18-2016, 12:58 AM
You are assuming our development guys and disciplined culture can't improve him. I think it could. He's still very young.

Also, please explain your solution for filling glaring holes at C and PG with 12m capspace.
It's amazing how so many are quick to call someone sucky or they won't do that, yet never have any answers themselves.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 01:00 AM
So Grizz could win with Parker where a 67 win Spurs team couldn't? :lmao

If they lose Conley they're in full on rebuild mode and TP is irrelevant.

If Grizz sign-and-trade Conley for TP I'll eat my hat.

I never said they'd win a title with TP, I'm just saying they have a lot of win- now pieces ( Gasol, Randolph). They will retool, not go in full blow up mode. A Conley for TP sign and trade makes sense for MEM BC it guarantees them a replacement for Conley. Nothing in free agency is guaranteed.

palangi
05-18-2016, 01:00 AM
No they won't.:lol Parker isn't going anywhere and if it makes no sense to pay 35 mil to two pgs, the Spurs won't sign Conley. You may not agree with the their methodology or reasoning, but, they've been doing business this way since Duncan came into the league and I don't expect things to change much in the future. No way in hell would they even consider moving a member of the big three.
They should. Holding on to him out of nastolga only sets you back more. Look at the lakers and bryant

J_Paco
05-18-2016, 01:02 AM

Find cheap, low risk/high reward solutions like Meyers Leonard, Miles Plumlee, Langston Galloway, etc. And PG isn't a "glaring need," but an upgrade would be beneficial to relieve pressure from Leonard/Aldridge and allow Parker to transition to 6th man. Finding a better partner than Mills to man the position with TP would be a huge plus, but not the biggest worry.

The Spurs need better quality 3rd (no Ginobili) and/or 4th swingman (Anderson sucks donkey dick) much more, IMO. We lacked another quality guard/forward to defend Westbrook/Durant or score on drives against their second unit.

I agree about the center position, though.

Kawhitstorm
05-18-2016, 01:02 AM

MCW should be swapped for Kyle & play backup SF. He would be fine in a CoJo role as a 3rd string PG but his lack of shooting & floor vision make him a tough sell as backup PG on a contender.

The Bucks want lanky PGs so they can use Kyle while Pop can use MCW as a backup SF since he can defend/slash better than Kyle. Shumpert essentially was converted into a wing player after starting his career as a PG & now is a rotation player on the a contender.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 01:03 AM

They never moved TD or Manu for obvious reasons, also SA never had realistic better alternatives.

Hell Pop and RC wanted to bring in CWebb over Robinson in Summer of 01' -- they were ready but C-Webb re-signed with Sac.

If they could let go of Robinson, they can trade Tony.

I think if Conley signs, they'll trade Tony. You can book that.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 01:11 AM
I would be fine trading for MCW, but not if you have to give anything of substance. If you can get him for a 2nd round pick or something, sure. He's better than Ray McCallum and that's what it cost for him.

Small salary and young and SA needs to audition as many guards as possible. I don't think he can be had that cheaply so I think it's not a realistic option.

J_Paco
05-18-2016, 01:11 AM
MCW should be swapped for Kyle & play backup SF. He would be fine in a CoJo role as a 3rd string PG but his lack of shooting & floor vision make him a tough sell as backup PG on a contender.

The Bucks want lanky PGs so they can use Kyle while Pop can use MCW as a backup SF since he can defend/slash better than Kyle.

No, he isn't. He would get utterly destroyed trying to guard legitimate SF's, man. Isn't playing undersized players out of position what just got the Spurs eliminated?

Why the hell would you want a comparably lanky, short (for a NBA small forward), weak (again, for the position) and average to below average athlete manning the backup SF spot?

I really pray the team sees are more thought vision of what they want compared to everyone - myself included - on this board. I think everyone wants to make "bold" or drastic changes just for the sake of it.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 01:12 AM
Also, SA needs a 3rd scorer in the SL. The load for Kawhi/LMA was too much and we saw too many games where 80% of the SL scoring was them two.

Whether that comes from a PG (which MCW doesn't help that) or a big replacing Tim (Gasol would help that for sure) I don't care.

SD126
05-18-2016, 01:21 AM
They never moved TD or Manu for obvious reasons, also SA never had realistic better alternatives.

Hell Pop and RC wanted to bring in CWebb over Robinson in Summer of 01' -- they were ready but C-Webb re-signed with Sac.

They're not signing Conley (especially since he wants max $$$), plus you have 29 GMs smart enough not to take on 30 million guaranteed over the next two for a PG who is end of the bench material, and these days is declining way faster than Enron crashed and burned way back when.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 01:22 AM
Also, SA needs a 3rd scorer in the SL. The load for Kawhi/LMA was too much and we saw too many games where 80% of the SL scoring was them two.

Whether that comes from a PG (which MCW doesn't help that) or a big replacing Tim (Gasol would help that for sure) I don't care.

I'd prefer a creator from the perimeter. They can get that creator / scorer at PG and still get Gasol. They'll have to get PG help via trade though with 10-15 mill going out.

Kawhitstorm
05-18-2016, 01:27 AM

Two things, they have to find takers for Tony (Admiral was a free agent) & Conley isn't a franchise player like C-Webb (dude is a tier above G.Hill:lol).

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 01:33 AM
Two things, they have to find takers for Tony (Admiral was a free agent) & Conley isn't a franchise player like C-Webb (dude is a tier above G.Hill:lol).

One thing, I never said Conley will come to SA. I simply said if Conley signs with SA, Tony will be traded. Hypothetical. RC is too disciplined with cap to think Spurs would allocate 35 mil to PG position, leaving no space to add anything relevant to front court.

J_Paco
05-18-2016, 01:38 AM
They're not signing Conley (especially since he wants max $$$), plus you have 29 GMs smart enough not to take on 30 million guaranteed over the next two for a PG who is end of the bench material, and these days is declining way faster than Enron crashed and burned way back when.

If you truly believe that Tony is "end of the bench" material, then thank the Lord you aren't a talent evaluator for any NBA teams. He is a fading, veteran PG but is still more than serviceable do to his efficiency and basketball IQ.

His issues are that he'll continue to regress (especially with the added wear and tear of playing for France this Summer), is a poor defender and is wildly inconsistent on offense in this later stage of his career.

Funny thing is with all that said, Conley is only a slight upgrade over him and won't get any better either. He is an average NBA starting PG that has never reached TP's level of play, but somehow (at nearly 30) will play above his head against the elite of the elite? I'm not seeing it......

Kawhitstorm
05-18-2016, 01:46 AM
No, he isn't. He would get utterly destroyed trying to guard legitimate SF's, man. Isn't playing undersized players out of position what just got the Spurs eliminated?

He isn't going to be starting nor will he be asked to guard LeBron on the block.:lol You can use him in a cross matches to guard backups such as Waiters who murdered Manu or Livingston who feasts on backup PGs.

Why the hell would you want a comparably lanky, short (for a NBA small forward), weak (again, for the position) and average to below average athlete manning the backup SF spot?

My point was that he's a better fit w/ the bench that Kyle b/c of his versatility on defense whether he plays 3rd string PG or is used as a wing. He's basically a hybrid of Kyle/Simmons so might as well wrap those two into one instead of the juggling act. As long as PATFO acquire a replacement for Manu, MCW should be fine as the 10th man. (Roberson is a FULL-TIME starter on a contender:lol)

Besides, it's not like MCW can't be fixed. Look at his former Sixers teammate's first 3 years in the league: http://bkref.com/tiny/3C2Gn

Kawhitstorm
05-18-2016, 01:49 AM
One thing, I never said Conley will come to SA. I simply said if Conley signs with SA, Tony will be traded. Hypothetical. RC is too disciplined with cap to think Spurs would allocate 35 mil to PG position, leaving no space to add anything relevant to front court.

The issue w/ the comparison is that trading a player & not re-signing them are two different things.:wakeup

SAGirl
05-18-2016, 02:30 AM
Yes MCW doesn't fit our SL although I am intrigued by him defensively, but he would be a situational player for us at best and he's a very poor off the ball player, lacks court vision and is TO prone.

He's also not a wing. His defensive metrics are against other PG on whom he has size and length advantage, but if he were moved to the wings he would be abused as he's skinny and short for a wing. In fact I have no doubt between the two Kyle would abuse him in scrimmages.

It perplexes me some arguments in his favor when the dude is 24, and is a worse shooter than Anderson already.

I wouldn't mind him but not at the cost of one of our own young projects. He's kind of a bust for having been rookie of the year and has regressed instead of getting better.

hsxvvd
05-18-2016, 02:31 AM
This seems too logical a trade scenario for today's NBA.

Mal
05-18-2016, 02:35 AM

Phily needs PG, they have a lot of cap space, and they are not winning shit next 2 years. It could valueable time for them to find PG in the future, since all their assets are SF, PF, C.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-18-2016, 06:21 AM
Great discussion, everyone. :toast

I don't think he's a wing - I think he's a project who could split time at the point with TP, and hopefully take over as starter if his shot improves and his all around play develops as happens with so many Spurs projects. For the cost of Mills and a pick, I think he's worth two cheap years to see what our development staff could make of him.

If not him, Teague makes sense (but do we have anything the Hawks want?), or Collison (always an intriguing player who never reached his potential due to a long-term core injury he had fixed before this season... but then the Rondo Contract Tour derailed his opportunity)... or Conley if they'll take TP back (even though we know neither team will do this, I'll put it in for Manu4Tres ;) ).

Can you think of anyone else who makes sense? George Hill back from Indy?

Chinook
05-18-2016, 06:27 AM
MCW is too damned old to be a project. Dude can't shoot a lick and will be 25 next season. You keep that dude as far away from the Spurs' rotation as possible. There are too many 6-4 to 6-7 PGs coming out or already in the league to still be infatuated with this one.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 07:27 AM
The issue w/ the comparison is that trading a player & not re-signing them are two different things.:wakeup

Technically you're right -- trading some one and not re-signing someone are different technically. But that's not relevant to my main point regarding the Spurs willing to cut ties w/ David Robinson in order to upgrade their front-court with C-Webb.

If they were willing to cut ties with Robinson, I think they'd cut ties with Parker if they could upgrade the position.

Whether they cut ties by letting one guy go in free agency and trading the other is irrelevant to my point.

cd98
05-18-2016, 07:36 AM
Of note, Chip hasn't made three point shooters out of Diaw or Parker. No guarantee he can fix MCW.

Spurs9
05-18-2016, 08:22 AM
I'd rather have Shabazz Na:lolier over him, or Jack McClinton

Captivus
05-18-2016, 09:10 AM
Lets get Linsanity and continue the international trend!

NameLess Scrub
05-18-2016, 09:10 AM
Tony Parker will never leave the Spurs. The only way I see is via one of those buy outs in which the player just comes back to the he was bought out for less money.

Also, based on this thread, I'm having a hard time seeing how MCW is still in the NBA.

elbamba
05-18-2016, 09:17 AM
Why would Atlanta trade an all star in Teague for Mills and Diaw?

Captivus
05-18-2016, 09:20 AM
Also, based on this thread, I'm having a hard time seeing how MCW is still in the NBA.

+1

Per 36...13.6PPG / 6APG / 6RPG....at $2.4M.....well....

Chinook
05-18-2016, 09:47 AM
+1

And with a -1.24 RPM. That's twice as bad as Parker's.

Captivus
05-18-2016, 10:08 AM

Not only that...
SA averages 10.6 pts more than the opponent (TP -0.63)
MIL averages -4,1 pts less than the opponent (MCW -1,24)

In case there are any doubts..im being ironic...who knows if MCW could perform in SA...but I like how some are 100% sure he cant...maybe he should retire!

NameLess Scrub
05-18-2016, 10:08 AM
+1

What if he went through a montage time with Chip, Kawhi, and Rocky? You think he would earn an NBA/Spurs spot then?

Chinook
05-18-2016, 10:14 AM
but I like how some are 100% sure he cant

This is like my least-favorite argument ever. No one, no one, no one knows for sure if he would bust. That's just the widely held opinion. We all know that these are opinions, so it makes no sense when someone runs in here and critiques people for not explicitly saying "in my opinion" or "I believe". Conversations get really hard when people have to go out of their way to explicate things that we already assumed, anyway.

look_at_g_shred
05-18-2016, 10:19 AM
I like MCW but he's not starter material on a contender. We need someone who is better than Tony, and MCW isn't that. MCW for Mills straight up? Now I can definitely live with that.

sasaint
05-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Great discussion, everyone. :toast

I don't think he's a wing - I think he's a project who could split time at the point with TP, and hopefully take over as starter if his shot improves and his all around play develops as happens with so many Spurs projects. For the cost of Mills and a pick, I think he's worth two cheap years to see what our development staff could make of him.

If not him, Teague makes sense (but do we have anything the Hawks want?), or Collison (always an intriguing player who never reached his potential due to a long-term core injury he had fixed before this season... but then the Rondo Contract Tour derailed his opportunity)... or Conley if they'll take TP back (even though we know neither team will do this, I'll put it in for Manu4Tres ;) ).

Can you think of anyone else who makes sense? George Hill back from Indy?

I do not see Rondo's returning to Sactown, but if he were to, Collison might be obtained. OTOH, if Rondo leaves, Collison projects as the Kings' starter. If he couldn't be their starter, how could he be ours? It will be interesting to see what changes are wrought by the Kings' new coaching staff.

sasaint
05-18-2016, 10:30 AM
I like MCW but he's not starter material on a contender. We need someone who is better than Tony, and MCW isn't that. MCW for Mills straight up? Now I can definitely live with that.

I do not like Mills for MCW. We need more offense - especially 3-point shooting. Mills is more likely to regain his stroke than MCW is to gain one in the first place. I would trade our trash, Diaw, for theirs, MCW, but no mas.

Kawhitstorm
05-18-2016, 02:44 PM
I do not see Rondo's returning to Sactown, but if he were to, Collison might be obtained. OTOH, if Rondo leaves, Collison projects as the Kings' starter. If he couldn't be their starter, how could he be ours? It will be interesting to see what changes are wrought by the Kings' new coaching staff.

Collison is a terrible defender, dude is K-Mart status.:lol

Kawhitstorm
05-18-2016, 02:46 PM
MCW is too damned old to be a project. Dude can't shoot a lick and will be 25 next season. You keep that dude as far away from the Spurs' rotation as possible. There are too many 6-4 to 6-7 PGs coming out or already in the league to still be infatuated with this one.

Evan Turner says "Hi": http://bkref.com/tiny/3C2Gn

SD126
05-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Phily needs PG, they have a lot of cap space, and they are not winning shit next 2 years. It could valueable time for them to find PG in the future, since all their assets are SF, PF, C.

Only guy semi-worthy is Covington but Spurs wouldn't have an interest in SFs who put overinflated, empty stats on a team that has been the worst in all of team sports. Some in here want Noel's low BBIQ on the team because he's "athletic" and "a center"... but all that said, they're not paying a PG 30 million over 2 years who is decking and declining fast. And GlutTony Porker isn't getting traded.

sasaint
05-18-2016, 04:09 PM

Couldn't be that bad! :wow His PER is not TURRIBLE. It is in the top 20 for PGs, iirc. How does Ramon Sessions strike you?

You should work up a 1st and 2nd team All-NBA Worst Defenders. :lol

palangi
05-18-2016, 04:16 PM
This is like my least-favorite argument ever. No one, no one, no one knows for sure if he would bust. That's just the widely held opinion. We all know that these are opinions, so it makes no sense when someone runs in here and critiques people for not explicitly saying "in my opinion" or "I believe". Conversations get really hard when people have to go out of their way to explicate things that we already assumed, anyway.
Problem is some arrogantly believe their OPINION is fact though. So it does need to be said.

palangi
05-18-2016, 04:19 PM
Only guy semi-worthy is Covington but Spurs wouldn't have an interest in SFs who put overinflated, empty stats on a team that has been the worst in all of team sports. Some in here want Noel's low BBIQ on the team because he's "athletic" and "a center"... but all that said, they're not paying a PG 30 million over 2 years who is decking and declining fast. And GlutTony Porker isn't getting traded.
Jerami Grant would be one to look at. He is a defensive wing that has good corner 3 potential. Can guard the 2,3, and 4 spots.

palangi
05-18-2016, 04:21 PM
24 going on 25 is too old for a prospect now? No way. Not every prospect has to be 18. I don't get your insistance on this being fact (your opinion) Ginobili was 24 when he finially came over to the spurs. I'm not saying that is who MCW is, I know you will try to take it here. But I am saying you can still develop at 24. It's not too old.

T Park
05-18-2016, 04:42 PM
1. He's available - Freak is their PG now.

2. Very tradable salary at 2.4 mil.

3. Mills and 1st for MCW and Damian Inglis (Fenchie 3/4, fits here well).

4. Chip works a miracle on his shooting and makes him an average shooter, then suddenly we have a killer perimeter defense with MCW-Green-Kawhi. Who can get through that?

5. All MCW has to do on O is get the ball to LMA/Kawhi, hit the odd open shot, slash a bit, and crash the O boards (something he's great at).

6. Parker shifts to 6th man, kills opposing benches.

7. We use capspace on a rebounder/shotblocker that we desperately need.

Spurs need spacers and you've traded one of our best shooters for the top five worst shooter in the league.

palangi
05-18-2016, 04:49 PM
Spurs need spacers and you've traded one of our best shooters for the top five worst shooter in the league.
It's funny to see some over react to make a point. worst 5? Seriously? Do teams do a hack a MCW? Anyone could easily think of 5 worse shooters in the league off the top of their head.
Tell me are we suppose to be impressed with the awesomeness of Mills 27% 3 point shooting against the thunder in the playoffs? how about his 4.2 ppg in that series too? How about he didn't even attempt 1 FREAKING free throw? Yeah he is a scoring and shooting threat!
But it was pretty sensational of you break that out.

TheDoctor
05-18-2016, 04:50 PM
:lmao:lobt2:

Kawhitstorm
05-18-2016, 05:20 PM
Couldn't be that bad! :wow His PER is not TURRIBLE. It is in the top 20 for PGs, iirc. :lol

He's quick/feisty like Patty but he has no defensive awareness like K-Mart.:lol

Offensively, he's a better penetrator than 34 yr old Porker & just as good a shooter as post shoulder surgery Patty. Considering that Porker ain't exactly a lockdown defender, I would mind Collison being the starter but that team isn't getting out of the 2nd rd.:lol (Although, he would be an upgrade over Patty)

As far as his PER, Mario Chalmers had a better PER than Collison this season.:lmao

sasaint
05-18-2016, 05:40 PM
He's quick/feisty like Patty but he has no defensive awareness like K-Mart.:lol

Offensively, he's a better penetrator than 34 yr old Porker & just as good a shooter as post shoulder surgery Patty. Considering that Porker ain't exactly a lockdown defender, I would mind Collison being the starter but that team isn't getting out of the 2nd rd.:lol (Although, he would be an upgrade over Patty)

As far as his PER, Mario Chalmers had a better PER than Collison this season.:lmao

I don't see us getting out of the 2nd round next season anyway. In this year's crop of FA PGs, I really don't see anybody that moves the needle for us. I don't like spending the big money that re-treads like Conley and Teague will likely command, and I don't see any younger guys that I would be excited for the Spurs to bring aboard. A trade seems to be the only way we can get a young veteran PG that will have any real impact at all. I know you like MCW, but I'm hoping we can get somebody with a little better shot.

Perhaps the Durant rumors were only a smoke screen, and the Spurs are really focused on going after Westbrick next off-season. :wow

james evans
05-18-2016, 06:44 PM
I was thinking about this the other day. Big pg, that passes good, rebounds well, and has given GS fits this season. I would love to have him.

lefty
05-18-2016, 06:46 PM
Absofuckinglutely NOT. MCW is the definition of what it means to be overrated.

So he is a cheaper Parker

james evans
05-18-2016, 06:48 PM
What we really need is Aldridge shooting the open 3. I'm not saying he should shoot 4 or 5 a game, but if he's open, let it fly. He can hit it. Him passing up open thread to back down a defender for an 18 foot fadeaway hurts us because then in the future, they know he's not gonna shoot it and just pack the lane. I hate that Popovich took that part of his game from him. This is 2016. Almost every team has a stretch 4 and some with stretch 5s.Popovich is still running those same offensive sets he did with Tim and David. Shit aint working...

Hoops Czar
05-18-2016, 07:01 PM
So he is a cheaper Parker

Only if you're into a career 41% FG, 25% 3PTFG and 69% FT shooter.

lefty
05-18-2016, 07:07 PM

He can improve

james evans
05-18-2016, 07:18 PM
what would parker's numbers had been if he came in the league and played on the 76ers and bucks teams the past few years?

palangi
05-18-2016, 07:24 PM
I don't see us getting out of the 2nd round next season anyway. In this year's crop of FA PGs, I really don't see anybody that moves the needle for us. I don't like spending the big money that re-treads like Conley and Teague will likely command, and I don't see any younger guys that I would be excited for the Spurs to bring aboard. A trade seems to be the only way we can get a young veteran PG that will have any real impact at all. I know you like MCW, but I'm hoping we can get somebody with a little better shot.

Perhaps the Durant rumors were only a smoke screen, and the Spurs are really focused on going after Westbrick next off-season. :wow
I agree with this. But if MCW is the one brought in I don't think it is as dire as some make it out to be.

palangi
05-18-2016, 07:26 PM
what would parker's numbers had been if he came in the league and played on the 76ers and bucks teams the past few years?
His shot was so bad when he came into the league. It was worse that MCW. So I would say he would be similar. While MCW gets by with his size and length. Tony would have gotten by with his speed and quickness. But his outside shot would not be what it is today as it is now (imo).

Kawhitstorm
05-18-2016, 07:47 PM
In this year's crop of FA PGs, I really don't see anybody that moves the needle for us. I don't like spending the big money that re-treads like Conley and Teague will likely command, and I don't see any younger guys that I would be excited for the Spurs to bring aboard. A trade seems to be the only way we can get a young veteran PG that will have any real impact at all. I know you like MCW, but I'm hoping we can get somebody with a little better shot.

If they can dump Tony's contract & replace him w/ Conley for say like 20 mill that would essentially be upgrading the point guard position for 6 mill. I only advocated for swapping Kyle w/ MCW, so he can be a utility player: 3rd string PG/wing defender.

If Porker isn't going to get traded then it would make more sense to go after Horford & trade for MCW who can shore up the PG depth. This would require dumping Diaw's contract to free up cap space but Patty can stay as long as Horford doesn't demanded the FULL max.

If they want to go after Teague & keep Tony then there wouldn't be enough cap space to get a quality FA, maybe Marvin Williams for 12 mill (Diaw's replacement).

In all this cases, they would have the MLE to offer Pau or Mozgov & it would require AT LEAST dumping Diaw's contract to sign the other FAs.

I would assume PATFO would go the Horford route since the Hawks won't give him the SUPER MAX & Pop won't trade Tony with the fall back being Marvin Williams/Pau.

TheGoldStandard
05-18-2016, 07:56 PM
You can't teach length and height. MCW with a relatively cheap contract is worth a look at, at the very least you have a big body PG who can handle the ball, has a decent amount of APG who can stay in front of pesky guards and can rebound. This would be great off the bench, he could push Parker and get starting minutes and develop. If he's engaged and motivated by winning he might surprise a few and develop a shot but we are not going to find a PG with all the skills already established on the cheap.

Conley sounds good on paper till he gets hurt and then you have a high priced paperweight on the bench and we will already have that when Parker naturally goes into his "injury mode" shooting slump next season.

Strategic
05-18-2016, 07:57 PM
Mills contract year is approaching, so the Spurs can stand pat and believe his shooting touch will mysteriously reappear? Lol at people thinking Spurs shouldn't explore every possibility out there. Westbrook is one of the worst shooters but somehow just finished handing this team their asses. Parker's decline probably needs to be addressed more immediately than post play. Just not sure the team has two number one draft picks laying around.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-18-2016, 09:10 PM
Of note, Chip hasn't made three point shooters out of Diaw or Parker. No guarantee he can fix MCW.

Really? Parker was a hopeless 3pt shooter, now he's a very good one. Doesn't take many but hits a high %.

I think you're right, which takes Collison off the market.

Maybe not that bad. But not in any way good.

Evan Turner says "Hi": http://bkref.com/tiny/3C2Gn

Great example of a player who was useless before he got to a strong development environment at Boston. Now he's very useful.

Chip is the key here, and Mills has done very little for us since the 2014 ring. He went completely missing against OKC's length and athleticism, which is what we need to be thinking about.

Please suggest someone and how we obtain their services.

I was thinking about this the other day. Big pg, that passes good, rebounds well, and has given GS fits this season. I would love to have him.

That's the idea - long, athletic, still young enough to develop in the right environment. I'm thinking Sean Livingston, and if he even becomes an average 3pt shooter under Chip's tutelage he'd be very useful.

What don't you understand about the words "project" and "low risk high reward"?

You can't teach length and height. MCW with a relatively cheap contract is worth a look at, at the very least you have a big body PG who can handle the ball, has a decent amount of APG who can stay in front of pesky guards and can rebound. This would be great off the bench, he could push Parker and get starting minutes and develop. If he's engaged and motivated by winning he might surprise a few and develop a shot but we are not going to find a PG with all the skills already established on the cheap.

Conley sounds good on paper till he gets hurt and then you have a high priced paperweight on the bench and we will already have that when Parker naturally goes into his "injury mode" shooting slump next season.

My thinking exactly.

Love to hear more suggestions for other relatively cheap PGs we can acquire who might help mitigate our weaknesses at the position - namely length, athleticism and defence.

sasaint
05-18-2016, 10:05 PM
Really? Parker was a hopeless 3pt shooter, now he's a very good one. Doesn't take many but hits a high %.

I think you're right, which takes Collison off the market.

Maybe not that bad. But not in any way good.

Great example of a player who was useless before he got to a strong development environment at Boston. Now he's very useful.

Chip is the key here, and Mills has done very little for us since the 2014 ring. He went completely missing against OKC's length and athleticism, which is what we need to be thinking about.

Please suggest someone and how we obtain their services.

That's the idea - long, athletic, still young enough to develop in the right environment. I'm thinking Sean Livingston, and if he even becomes an average 3pt shooter under Chip's tutelage he'd be very useful.

What don't you understand about the words "project" and "low risk high reward"?

My thinking exactly.

Love to hear more suggestions for other relatively cheap PGs we can acquire who might help mitigate our weaknesses at the position - namely length, athleticism and defence.

I'd look at either of the Lakers' young guards, Clarkson or Russell, or the Pelicans' Jrue Holiday.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-18-2016, 10:08 PM
I'd look at either of the Lakers' young guards, Clarkson or Russell, or the Pelicans' Jrue Holiday.

Yes, except unrealistic. Fakers aren't letting Clarkson or Russell walk, and Pels have waited years for Jrue to be healthy. Now that he is I doubt they're moving him.

Of that lot I'd love Jrue for the Spurs, but I don;t see it happening.

sasaint
05-18-2016, 10:51 PM
Yes, except unrealistic. Fakers aren't letting Clarkson or Russell walk, and Pels have waited years for Jrue to be healthy. Now that he is I doubt they're moving him.

Of that lot I'd love Jrue for the Spurs, but I don;t see it happening.

I don't expect the Lakers to let either of them just walk.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-21-2016, 12:00 AM
Trading for MCW still looks like a great move to me. It probably wouldn't pay off next season, but a year of development under our staff might just work wonders and give us a Sean Livingston kind of player. Do it, FO!