PDA

View Full Version : NBA: And All That Salary Cap...

Buddy Mignon
05-17-2016, 11:39 PM
What ya got to say about that. We're about to fuck this league inside out.

LkrFan
05-18-2016, 04:04 AM
We have a ton of options this summer. New coach that will install an uptempo offense that is tailor made for our young guns. Randle, Russell, and Clarkson can all ignite a fastbreak. Whether we draft Ingram (finisher) or Simmons (rebounder/passer) will only add to what we are building.

Then we got ~$65M in cap space to sign FAs. Mitch has said for the right players, we'll go back to paying luxury taxes. This summer is pivotal. I'll be interested to see how everything shakes out.

:toast

mudyez
05-18-2016, 04:10 AM
DeRozan will win you a championship.

Thread
05-18-2016, 05:41 AM
We have a ton of options this summer. New coach that will install an uptempo offense that is tailor made for our young guns. Randle, Russell, and Clarkson can all ignite a fastbreak. Whether we draft Ingram (finisher) or Simmons (rebounder/passer) will only add to what we are building.

Then we got ~$65M in cap space to sign FAs. Mitch has said for the right players, we'll go back to paying luxury taxes. This summer is pivotal. I'll be interested to see how everything shakes out.

:toast

$65 million and nothing but an army of Swaggy P's to spend it on.

Now, NOW, now he's gonna go back to luxury tax. Now! When it would have served us he chronologically refused. But, now they're ready.

Figures.

LkrFan
05-18-2016, 05:59 AM
$65 million and nothing but an army of Swaggy P's to spend it on.

Now, NOW, now he's gonna go back to luxury tax. Now! When it would have served us he chronologically refused. But, now they're ready.

Figures.

Not saying it will happen, but the Lakers have the ability to "create" FAs. Example? MVPAU. He wasn't "available" per se. We "traded" for him using Kwame's expiring KT. Now we have young assets teams might actually want along with the cap space to take on their salaries.

Mitch needed to get those picks back (thru tanking). Now we can proceed. I think Jim was always willing to pay luxury taxes, but for the right players. Can't do that while you are actively tanking to regain the picks you frivolously gave up trying to take a shortcut to the Finals (Nash, Dwert trades). No big time FA would sign off on that. That's why LMA signed with SA.

Now, the narrative has changed. We're in a good place right now Cubby.

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 06:30 AM
Not many good players to spend it on though ...
Just keep adding talent. Like someone said you add the eddie jones, peeler, fox horry types hopefully until you land or develop a big fish. Title is years away just need to get back to being a good young team instead of a young bad one.

benefactor
05-18-2016, 06:31 AM
Stop making threads, you gay cartoon watching motherfucker.

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2016, 06:45 AM
All season long...this guy has been our greatest champion....he deserves all the praise and glory.....amazing guy....tbh :lol

Good luck in the lottery, Kool :toast

In appreciation this is for Mid night _Pulp..no trolling or trippin at all...I'm gonna slow this up and just say thank you Mid you've been a good brother even though you're conspicuously absent....:lol

Let this play Mid...do it for me... ;-)

https://youtu.be/g_6VaCG3tUE

InRareForm
05-18-2016, 07:01 AM
Everyone has ton of money and the only store open is the 99 cent store

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2016, 07:36 AM

I prefer Goodwill over Family Dollar tbh.....:lol them hand me downs can be quality stuff...

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 07:37 AM

This. the new CBA has given REAL stars little incentive to leave ..

Here are my calls:

Durant stays
Horford leaves (Celts?)
Barnes leaves (Lakers?)
Pau leaves (spurs?)
Derozen stays
Fezeli leaves (???)
Whiteside stays
Conley leaves (pacers?)

and ... Dwight signs in Dallas and Parsons stays

We will see though ...

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 07:39 AM
All season long...this guy has been our greatest champion....he deserves all the praise and glory.....amazing guy....tbh :lol

In appreciation this is for Mid night _Pulp..no trolling or trippin at all...I'm gonna slow this up and just say thank you Mid you've been a good brother even though you're conspicuously absent....:lol

Let this play Mid...do it for me... ;-)

https://youtu.be/g_6VaCG3tUE

yes Mid gave us a blessing.
Last year it was CN ... "the pick stays" ..."come to Hinkie" ..
This year Mid kept the good vibes flowing ...

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2016, 07:40 AM
Durant should stay unless he goes to the Dubs..theres nothing out there for him..Westbrook gives him his best chance.they need one more piece though

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 07:41 AM
Durant should stay unless he goes to the Dubs..theres nothing out there for him..Westbrook gives him his best chance.they need one more piece though

Kool check your PM, I left you a present ...

You are welcome!

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 07:43 AM

agreed.

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2016, 07:43 AM
Lakers just need to develop their garbage and see if we will find a diamond in all that shit....:lol

unless we can find a way to get Demarcus, Durant, and Derozan and Harrison Barnes that team could compete in the west...:lol

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 07:45 AM
Lakers just need to develop their garbage and see if we will find a diamond in all that shit....:lol

unless we can find a way to get Demarcus, Durant, and Derozan and Harrison Barnes that team could compete in the west...:lol

Agreed that is why we need to be patient.
Lakers should play uptempo like old suns boost the value of these guys with empty stats ...
Then trade the guys who are not legit to some sucka MC GM ...

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 07:46 AM

check that link i sent figured you would appreciate more than most ...

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2016, 07:47 AM
Agreed that is why we need to be patient.
Lakers should play uptempo like old suns boost the value of these guys with empty stats ...
Then trade the guys who are not legit to some sucka MC GM ...

Hell yeah Killa we need to get back in the fuck ova bizness......:lol

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2016, 07:49 AM
check that link i sent figured you would appreciate more than most ...

I responded....I will see if the big homie Luva will deliver the goods.....

JamStone
05-18-2016, 08:27 AM
A lot of teams have shitloads of money to spend this summer with the escalating salary cap. Maybe few have as much as the Lakers, but plenty of teams, heck most teams, have enough to offer at least one max deal and many have enough to offer multiple max deals as well. As far as financial flexibility and cap room, there's not some gigantic advantage for the Lakers over the rest of the league. However, there still may be some allure signing with the history and tradition of the Lakers, albeit much less than there used to be.

The free agent class looks pretty weak. If there's any truth to the rumor about the Lakers going after Paul George in a trade scenario and if there's any mutual interest on his part, that's the key move that the Lakers should focus on this summer. Trade any and every player on the roster and any future picks Indiana wants, and get that done. Then add the #2 pick and a free agent big man maybe like Hassan Whiteside, and start thinking about how to build around those three pieces.

That would be a nice start. Not sure how realistic. But you gotta start with your goals somewhere.

DMC
05-18-2016, 08:43 AM
OP calls this every year. Eventually it has to come true.

LkrFan
05-18-2016, 08:54 AM
No Whiteside to LA. He stays due to a financial technicality (Bosh health) that Riles will take advantage of. It'll be interesting to see if D-Whistle takes a paycut. On second thought, Gabrielle Union ain't having that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :lol

Mark Celibate
05-18-2016, 08:57 AM
LA has a big market and millions of fans worldwide, and most importantly they don't have Kobe anymore...

Buddy Mignon
05-18-2016, 08:58 AM
OP calls this every year. Eventually it has to come true.

THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW...

http://www.pokerfanatics.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/world-poker-tournament.jpg

THIS IS YOU RIGHT NOW...

http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/loose.jpg

Thread
05-18-2016, 09:17 AM
I prefer Goodwill over Family Dollar tbh.....:lol them hand me downs can be quality stuff...

Especially (Women's Bras and Panties) section.

DMC
05-18-2016, 09:23 AM
THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW...

http://www.pokerfanatics.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/world-poker-tournament.jpg

THIS IS YOU RIGHT NOW...

No. We don't need a good draft pick to be competitive. We won 67 games last year.

Thinking a 2nd overall pick is going to catapult you over the top. You better hope Durant and Horford come to LA. Even then, you'd not be as good as the Clippers.

Buddy Mignon
05-18-2016, 09:27 AM
No. We don't need a good draft pick to be competitive. We won 67 games last year.

Thinking a 2nd overall pick is going to catapult you over the top. You better hope Durant and Horford come to LA. Even then, you'd not be as good as the Clippers.

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/laughing-gifs-pillow-cover.gif

RsxPiimp
05-18-2016, 09:32 AM
Im getting this feeling the Lakers may eventually try to trade this come draft night, looking at the FA class for the next 3 years, there is no viable option for us with most of the top tiered players either are RFA or are entering the final peaks of their respective careers. Unless we have a stable of championship bred horses, they ain't comin here.

George is the most viable option out there but I'm afraid we'll have to give the whole farm to get him.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Option 2 is probably go after Barnes and Estus Fezeli.

Buddy Mignon
05-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Option 2 is probably go after Barnes and Estus Fezeli.

That's like taking two steps backwards. Barnes overrated. Fezeli is a better option, but fuck maxing him out. I saw an interview where Mitch is content with just building through the draft instead of overpaying these glorified role players. Look how that worked out for the Spurs.

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/laughing-gifs-pillow-cover.gif

RsxPiimp
05-18-2016, 09:56 AM
That's like taking two steps backwards. Barnes overrated. Fezeli is a better option, but fuck maxing him out. I saw an interview where Mitch is content with just building through the draft instead of overpaying these glorified role players. Look how that worked out for the Spurs.

I don't like the idea of it but it's the lesser of two evils. Unless you like Derozan and Whiteside. The Lakers have to use that money and guys like Conley, Durant etc aren't coming here playboy...so this is why I'm starting to get this stinking feeling they're going all out to acquire a established star and rebuild overnight. You look at the creme of the crops in 2017 and 2018 and none of those will touch a rebuilding Lakers, you get one star, just 1 who buys what we're selling and maybe a few will finally follow...

Landing Simmons could change all that though, if the Lakers are patient enough to really develop this time, Ben could be well worth the risk. 6'10, ball handling skills, excellent court vision and a workhorse in the glass. That screams Superstar.

Buddy Mignon
05-18-2016, 10:03 AM
I don't like the idea of it but it's the lesser of two evils. Unless you like Derozan and Whiteside. The Lakers have to use that money and guys like Conley, Durant etc aren't coming here playboy...so this is why I'm starting to get this stinking feeling they're going all out to acquire a established star and rebuild overnight. You look at the creme of the crops in 2017 and 2018 and none of those will touch a rebuilding Lakers, you get one star, just 1 who buys what we're selling and maybe a few will finally follow...

Landing Simmons could change all that though, if the Lakers are patient enough to really develop this time, Ben could be well worth the risk. 6'10, ball handling skills, excellent court vision and a workhorse in the glass. That screams Superstar.

We're not spending the money, Piimp. Derozen can jump in a lake with Spurfans. Its Lebron or Durant or we stand pat. We don't have to spend shit. That's why Luke was brought in... to develop the youth. W'ere in a good position... no need fucking it up by trading for role players when we can just draft them.

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 10:14 AM
Im getting this feeling the Lakers may eventually try to trade this come draft night, looking at the FA class for the next 3 years, there is no viable option for us with most of the top tiered players either are RFA or are entering the final peaks of their respective careers. Unless we have a stable of championship bred horses, they ain't comin here.

George is the most viable option out there but I'm afraid we'll have to give the whole farm to get him.

Wouldnt pay the farm for him.
This is where I disagree with Jamstone.
when the Heat were trading for Shaq (near end of his prime but still dominant) they refused to include Wade ...just because you want to make a move doesnt mean you are willing to give up EVERYTHING
There has to be at least one piece on your roster that you have to be willing to stand behind otherwise you just are weak.
Whether it's Randle or russell or Nance there shouls be at least one player that you are unwilling to trade ... otherwise you get bent over like we did in the Nash trade.

I agree both barnes/Fezili are overrated but we need a Center and SF (if we dont get Ingram) unless simmons can improve enough on his jumper to play SF ...
and they know Luke's system ...I would offer them a package deal and hope for a discount ... LOL

DMC
05-18-2016, 10:29 AM

You've missed the playoffs 3 consecutive years. This is the 2nd year in a row you've had the 2nd overall pick. Your last one got you the worst record in franchise history.

Tell the truth, this celebration is because cancer has retired. It has nothing to do with the draft pick. There's likely D-league players better than what you'll get in the 2nd round this season.

DMC
05-18-2016, 10:33 AM

Look at what the Cavs did. They had Wiggins, Thompson and Bennett. Bennett and Wiggins are gone. They brought in Love and a group of others to support Lebron and Irving. The problem in LA is Kobe left scorched earth so nothing was left to rekindle. You have no Lebron coming home. Your best bet is that KD wants to be the face of the franchise in LA, and have a group of young talent around him that looks up to him and defers to him so he can post useless Kobe numbers for a few years. That might bring someone else eventually.

It's a pipe dream to think LA fans will wait years to see how any of these young guys do. They will sell these fuckers to the highest bidder right away for some Paul George level player.

Wouldn't surprise me to see you end up with David Lee, somehow.

Shane27
05-18-2016, 10:50 AM
Look at what the Cavs did. They had Wiggins, Thompson and Bennett. Bennett and Wiggins are gone. They brought in Love and a group of others to support Lebron and Irving. The problem in LA is Kobe left scorched earth so nothing was left to rekindle. You have no Lebron coming home. Your best bet is that KD wants to be the face of the franchise in LA, and have a group of young talent around him that looks up to him and defers to him so he can post useless Kobe numbers for a few years. That might bring someone else eventually.

It's a pipe dream to think LA fans will wait years to see how any of these young guys do. They will sell these fuckers to the highest bidder right away for some Paul George level player.

Wouldn't surprise me to see you end up with David Lee, somehow.

With the thunder making the WCF I doubt KD leaves the team. He'll at least sign a one year deal and hit FA with Westbrook the following offseason. I also doubt the Pacers trade Paul George. Sucks that the sixers have their pick next season though. If they didn't I wouldn't make any major signing and let whoever they pick run the team for a season. It is top 3 protected, but idk if the lakers will be that awful again.

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 12:20 PM
With the thunder making the WCF I doubt KD leaves the team. He'll at least sign a one year deal and hit FA with Westbrook the following offseason. I also doubt the Pacers trade Paul George. Sucks that the sixers have their pick next season though. If they didn't I wouldn't make any major signing and let whoever they pick run the team for a season. It is top 3 protected, but idk if the lakers will be that awful again.

We may not be this bad but still get lucky ...
Either way there is no easy fix.
We need to stop waiting for a hero
We need to invest in getting these young guys to develop ...
Hire the best shooting coach defensive gurus you can find.
Take our lumps next year and hope as the 6,7, 8th worst team we can jump 7 teams and land a top 3 pick ...

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 12:25 PM

Go on record: who do you want in Free Agency, who do you think the Lakers get in Free Agency and where do you put LA next season record wise/playoff wise?

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Go on record: who do you want in Free Agency, who do you think the Lakers get in Free Agency and where do you put LA next season record wise/playoff wise?

Lakers have 6 players under contract makes no sense to make prediction for him or anyone else, other than:

We wont win a title
Playoffs are highly doubtful
We will be better than last year

Buddy Mignon
05-18-2016, 12:38 PM

You can't go on record this early when we only have 6 players. I'd like Lebron and Beal... but that's unrealistic. If we could get Durant I'd draft Buddy Heild at the 2. I like Clarkson, but only as a backup. That gives me Russ, Heild, KD, Randall and whoever at the center. To be totally realistic, not even Lebron can sign with the Lakers and make them contenders in the WEST. Not with our current youth. No sense of singing FA's just for the sake of spending money, so I'm cool with the youth development similar to what Boston has done. Let's see how Randle, Russ, and Nance excel next year and then we can make a clearer decision. I think we land Simmons for the record.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 01:22 PM
You can't go on record this early when we only have 6 players. I'd like Lebron and Beal... but that's unrealistic. If we could get Durant I'd draft Buddy Heild at the 2. I like Clarkson, but only as a backup. That gives me Russ, Heild, KD, Randall and whoever at the center. To be totally realistic, not even Lebron can sign with the Lakers and make them contenders in the WEST. Not with our current youth. No sense of singing FA's just for the sake of spending money, so I'm cool with the youth development similar to what Boston has done. Let's see how Randle, Russ, and Nance excel next year and then we can make a clearer decision. I think we land Simmons for the record.

That is a reasonable take :lol but not in line with the OP

DMC
05-18-2016, 01:31 PM
KD in the WCF isn't anything new. If he left it would be to rid himself of Westbrook. He won't say it but you know its true. He also might want to be out of that shithole city. It's a great NBA fan base (we were all shocked by that when New Orleans went there), but the city itself is a shithole with Will Rogers "International" having zero non stop flights from anywhere basically.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 02:12 PM
If I were LA I would look to see if I could nab Noel for Russell. LA needs a young big man that can actually defend.

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 02:18 PM
If I were LA I would look to see if I could nab Noel for Russell. LA needs a young big man that can actually defend.

Uggh ...dont trust his health.
Overrated too ...
I almost would rather have Oak's non defending low post wizadry

Buddy Mignon
05-18-2016, 02:32 PM

Nope. I think Russell will be an all-star.

RsxPiimp
05-18-2016, 02:32 PM
I'm not trading Russel for anyone unless it's an established star tbh, his value can only rise at this point. :lol Luke's basic offensive set> Byron Scott's entire playbook lmao and without Kobe, Russell will get plenty of time to raise his stock and pad stats. Trade him only if the right opportunity presents itself. Lakers for the first time in 4 years have ample pieces to work with...

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 02:36 PM

Maybe, but even then will he be better than Noel? It's nice to have young talented big men IMO and LA needs that. Even if it's not Noel, I think building their big pipeline is key.

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 02:40 PM
Maybe, but even then will he be better than Noel? It's nice to have young talented big men IMO and LA needs that. Even if it's not Noel, I think building their big pipeline is key.

come on deeps, Noel doesnt do anything to change the needle ...
no reason to gamble on a big with little offensive upside
he is like a better version of Kwame Brown :lol

unless ...

If getting him means we get to flip him for a Pau 2.0

Buddy Mignon
05-18-2016, 02:42 PM

I agree, D... but you have to realize this is uncharted territory for us. We normally can nab a top FA and fill in the roles. We're on the opposite end of the spectrum now. We can get the role players and just might have to draft the superstar. We might have that in this draft. Where we go from here depends on who we draft.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 03:09 PM
come on deeps, Noel doesnt do anything to change the needle ...
no reason to gamble on a big with little offensive upside
he is like a better version of Kwame Brown :lol

unless ...

If getting him means we get to flip him for a Pau 2.0

It's not about moving the needle right now I thought? I'm saying, for better balance and building towards something I would seriously consider moving someone to get a good young big man.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 03:12 PM
I agree, D... but you have to realize this is uncharted territory for us. We normally can nab a top FA and fill in the roles. We're on the opposite end of the spectrum now. We can get the role players and just might have to draft the superstar. We might have that in this draft. Where we go from here depends on who we draft.

No doubt, but my gut says that management will cater to the 99% of Laker fans that yell "playoffs or bust". They will swing hard for LBJ/KD even though it's fruitless. When they miss out on them they will spend that money on lesser guys and try to make the playoff next year.

It's possible with a great off season, but seems really unlikely and it could put them in the "middle" of being a playoff team and being able to rebuild more disciplined. We will see.

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 03:20 PM
It's not about moving the needle right now I thought? I'm saying, for better balance and building towards something I would seriously consider moving someone to get a good young big man.

But why not draft a big if that's the case?
we have a high 2nd ...
Noel is a good shot blocker and rebounder but I would not change russell for what Biyombo does for the Raptors ...

LkrFan
05-18-2016, 04:16 PM
But why not draft a big if that's the case?
we have a high 2nd ...
Noel is a good shot blocker and rebounder but I would not change russell for what Biyombo does for the Raptors ...

I want Biyombo on the Lakers. He'd be nice in the Bogut role. He's like 24 years old with upside too. I think he's UFA?

Koolaid_Man
05-18-2016, 04:16 PM

Yeah D-angelo Camera should be fine....them Papparazzi faggot ass type niggas always seem to make all -star status....

LkrFan
05-18-2016, 04:18 PM

I normally would agree with you (as a big man fan), but in today's NBA, perimeter players are more at a premium. I think that's why we took Russell over Oak.

DMC
05-18-2016, 04:35 PM
I want Biyombo on the Lakers. He'd be nice in the Bogut role. He's like 24 years old with upside too. I think he's UFA?
Yes, Ugly Fucking Ape now mind your own Bizmack

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 04:40 PM
I normally would agree with you (as a big man fan), but in today's NBA, perimeter players are more at a premium. I think that's why we took Russell over Oak.

I disagree (about why LA took Russell). If you remember, I not only called LA taking Russ in the face of everyone saying no, I explained the logic behind it. LA took Russ because they thought they were a FA draw. There were a healthy amount of FA big men (LMA, etc..) and LA thought they could pull them in and it failed.

I saw that was the plan and called it because it made sense, but even I underestimated how unattractive LA had become. I thought no way do they get turned down in favor of SA, but it happened. I have now changed my tune about LA and have spoken about it but at that time I still thought LA was a FA draw.

LkrFan
05-18-2016, 05:05 PM
I disagree (about why LA took Russell). If you remember, I not only called LA taking Russ in the face of everyone saying no, I explained the logic behind it. LA took Russ because they thought they were a FA draw. There were a healthy amount of FA big men (LMA, etc..) and LA thought they could pull them in and it failed.

I saw that was the plan and called it because it made sense, but even I underestimated how unattractive LA had become. I thought no way do they get turned down in favor of SA, but it happened. I have now changed my tune about LA and have spoken about it but at that time I still thought LA was a FA draw.

I debunked that theory already. Here's a recap. LMA chose the situation in SA over the one in LA, not that we are an unattractive destination. What big-time player wants to be part of a rebuild? We had to get those picks back.

Now if we strike out on players that are (realistically) available, then I'll give your theory some credence. We are in a much better position than last year. We will not be tanking again for the foreseeable future for a few reasons:

1) Minus Clarkson (unsigned UFA) our young players will cost around $16M this season
2) Add to that about $65M in cap space
3) $5B TWC deal is contingent partially on ratings
4) Impatient LA fanbase won't stand for another tank year
5) We are set up to build our roster for the next few years

This offseason is pivotal. We are set up nicely going forward. We need a couple singles and doubles - not home run signings. I don't want Mitch to sign a name just to appease the masses though.

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 05:11 PM

Still will be ...
But our team was complete shit ...:depressed
the fact that we were utter shit and STILL getting visits from top players shows that it is ... Besides It being LA why would Aldridge even sit down with the Lakers?:wakeup
the cohesive management? :lmao
The great supporting talent? :rollin
Top flight coaching? :lmao

People are dumb to focus on us swinging and missing tbh
the fact that this shit roster is even in the conversation of top players ... is a win small but hollow victory.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 05:16 PM
No - it's business. LA is still a big market & have ties to agents. Out of respect for if things change, they have to give teams like LA/NY an audience. It's not just about LMA, but the agents lower players too and buying goodwill. Why do you think LMA had to go back for that 2nd interview after it leaked that the first one was completely botched.

LMA was not going there, but to save face and avoid damaging the relationship, LMA gave LA a "2nd chance"

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 05:17 PM
I debunked that theory already. Here's a recap. LMA chose the situation in SA over the one in LA, not that we are an unattractive destination. What big-time player wants to be part of a rebuild? We had to get those picks back.

Now if we strike out on players that are (realistically) available, then I'll give your theory some credence. We are in a much better position than last year. We will not be tanking again for the foreseeable future for a few reasons:

1) Minus Clarkson (unsigned UFA) our young players will cost around $16M this season

This offseason is pivotal. We are set up nicely going forward. We need a couple singles and doubles - not home run signings. I don't want Mitch to sign a name just to appease the masses though.

That's no debunked at all. This last year and maybe the year before were tank years, but the 3 years ago? FA were leaving and turning LA down even when they were supposed to be competitive still. The last two years were a result of the slide not the cause.

LkrFan
05-18-2016, 05:21 PM
That's no debunked at all. This last year and maybe the year before were tank years, but the 3 years ago? FA were leaving and turning LA down even when they were supposed to be competitive still. The last two years were a result of the slide not the cause.

What big-time player in his prime willingly signs with a rebuilding team, if they ring chasing? Answer: nobody.

I'm telling you, the mandate was to stop paying luxury taxes unnecessarily and recoup as many picks as possible. Admittedly, that botched CP deal set us back. We're now ready to rebound.

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 05:25 PM
No - it's business. LA is still a big market & have ties to agents. Out of respect for if things change, they have to give teams like LA/NY an audience. It's not just about LMA, but the agents lower players too and buying goodwill. Why do you think LMA had to go back for that 2nd interview after it leaked that the first one was completely botched.

LMA was not going there, but to save face and avoid damaging the relationship, LMA gave LA a "2nd chance"

that proves the point though:rollin
To do something to save face ... is still a win ... even if out of respect or for other clients all that only proves the point further.
IF we did not matter ... why would they give a shit?
I agree he was never coming ... yet he sat down with us ... twice.

The fact he had to save face for a shitty team is all that matters LA is still a draw ..
all things equal ...we need to work on the equal though ...

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 05:26 PM
You matter because of the ability for DeRozan types to get max deals for these agents. That's the business side of it.

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 05:31 PM
What big-time player in his prime willingly signs with a rebuilding team, if they ring chasing? Answer: nobody.

I'm telling you, the mandate was to stop paying luxury taxes unnecessarily and recoup as many picks as possible. Admittedly, that botched CP deal set us back. We're now ready to rebound.

Deeps is not dumb he knows this.
He just wants to make it sound worse.
Im with you I dont even really truly want a big fish
And in fact, I hope we lose some fans with Kobe gone and the OKC/GSW bandwaggoners ...
Real Laker fans wont be appeased by DD and Whiteside/horford etc.
That wont bring us any closer to a title just mediocrity.

Killakobe81
05-18-2016, 05:34 PM
You matter because of the ability for DeRozan types to get max deals for these agents. That's the business side of it.

It is all a business at the end of the day ... so yo still are just proving my point ...
BTW ... I did not even want Aldridge at max but I may have been wrong about that ...
I was all for the getting younger talent instead ...
Of course I would love Lebron or durant but since that is NOT happening
Please just sit on the max cap space sign some defensive role players at a fair price ...
Please develop the young guys ...

Splits
05-18-2016, 11:27 PM
Where did this myth that LA used to be a free-agent haven come from? Post-Shaq, all I can think of is Artest and Fisher.

Thread
05-18-2016, 11:46 PM
Where did this myth that LA used to be a free-agent haven come from? Post-Shaq, all I can think of is Artest and Fisher.

Yeah, and Pierce thinkin' Artest was gonna take him off the dribble 24 feet from the cylinder...17 June 2010.

Hey, Splits, Pierce thought wrong. tee, hee.

TDMVPDPOY
05-18-2016, 11:49 PM
65m capspace, but the FA market this summer is pure shit, who do lakers have in mind they can sign straight up without making any trades? dont tell me u going to waste 1/3 of ur free cap to sign derozan?

why not go after wade?

midnightpulp
05-19-2016, 12:46 AM
THIS IS ME RIGHT NOW...

THIS IS YOU RIGHT NOW...

You were like that last year, too.

And then 17 wins happened, just like that.

Splits
05-19-2016, 12:58 AM
Yeah, and Pierce thinkin' Artest was gonna take him off the dribble 24 feet from the cylinder...17 June 2010.

Hey, Splits, Pierce thought wrong. tee, hee.

Nothing like signing up for SpursTalk 5 days after MVPau dragged your team to a ring. You Post-Paus are really pathetic trolls.

https://i.imgur.com/xCGQ4SL.png

Thread
05-19-2016, 01:04 AM
Nothing like signing up for SpursTalk 5 days after MVPau dragged your team to a ring. You Post-Paus are really pathetic trolls.

https://i.imgur.com/xCGQ4SL.png

Come ta Pappy.

Signed,

- Pappy

Gummi Clutch
05-19-2016, 01:45 AM
LA has a big market and millions of fans worldwide, and most importantly they don't have Kobe anymore...
sup

Gummi Clutch
05-19-2016, 01:46 AM
Come ta Pappy.

Signed,

- Pappy

Thread
05-19-2016, 04:40 AM

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 2nd 5th

DMC
05-19-2016, 11:34 AM

Oh you'll get some free agents to come to LA, no doubt. You'll be very lucky though to get any that will matter. You'd be happy to have the 2012 squad back, and they were useless as well.