PDA

View Full Version : Who hates their job?

lebomb
05-18-2016, 10:47 AM
I fuckin absolutely hate my fuckin job! Fuckin bunch of lying upper management and asshole co-workers. :bang

clambake
05-18-2016, 10:52 AM
not into asses anymore?

DJR210
05-18-2016, 11:12 AM
Does the treatment by your employer and co-workers have anything to do with your race, you think?

lebomb
05-18-2016, 11:27 AM
Does the treatment by your employer and co-workers have anything to do with your race, you think?

Oh, Im sure of that.

DMX7
05-18-2016, 12:24 PM
I fuckin absolutely hate my fuckin job! Fuckin bunch of lying upper management and asshole co-workers. :bang

How much do you make?

lebomb
05-18-2016, 12:47 PM
How much do you make?

College degreed position...........enough for me to tolerate the bullshit. At least for awhile. Some days I just wanna go straight up "Office Space" in this camp!!! :ihit:claw

DMX7
05-18-2016, 12:55 PM
College degreed position...........enough for me to tolerate the bullshit. At least for awhile. Some days I just wanna go straight up "Office Space" in this camp!!! :ihit:claw

lol, "College degreed position"... that could mean something as low as $40K or less... you going to take the bullshit you claim you get for that? Hopefully, you're getting paid very well.

Trill Clinton
05-18-2016, 12:56 PM
lebomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVr1NcBdGTg

:claw

lebomb
05-18-2016, 01:03 PM
lol, "College degreed position"... that could mean something as low as $40K or less... you going to take the bullshit you claim you get for that? Hopefully, you're getting paid very well.

All I will say..... I make A HELL of a lot more than that. But I put up with tons of bullshit from up top.

clambake
05-18-2016, 01:07 PM
you should create and distribute a "company mission statement"

DMX7
05-18-2016, 01:09 PM
I'm somewhat curious -- what exactly do you do, lebomb? If your job is that bad, change it if the job market for your profession is there.

lebomb
05-18-2016, 01:17 PM
I'm somewhat curious -- what exactly do you do, lebomb? If your job is that bad, change it if the job market for your profession is there.

Key words...........:depressed

JudynTX
05-18-2016, 02:05 PM
I don't hate my job. Just one lazy ass coworker.

SpursforSix
05-18-2016, 02:13 PM
I don't hate my job. Just one lazy ass coworker.

Uh oh...here comes racist Judyn.

05-18-2016, 02:25 PM
I don't hate it. I'm just completely uninterested in it.

Blake
05-18-2016, 02:29 PM
Blakey part of my pay is to keep informed on marketing trends.
Sad, make that extremely sad to say the Skunkdashians have an ungodly number of paying customers.

Poor Fabbs

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 05:05 PM
If you are talented enough and sought after enough, there will always be work. I think people that are unhappy in their jobs need to ask a few questions:

1. Am I that valuable? Am I better at my job than most others & can I prove that?

2. Did I pursue the right thing and educate myself/prepare myself to be in control?

3. Do I have the courage and ability and work ethic to take control of my own financial life?

4. Why am I unhappy? Is it the work that I do? Am I bad at my job? Is it the culture? Money? Etc...

A lot of people hate their job unfortunately and that's sad. At the same time, many people over value themselves. If you are truly special other companies where you have more choice in the people you work with/for, the culture, pay, etc.. Will always be available.

If you aren't anything special (nothing wrong with that, sometimes just paying the bills is good enough), does your unhappiness stem really from that? Can you escape that even if you go to another company? Sometimes when it's every job you hate and you are the only constant variable might be time to look in the mirror.

It sucks, but my advice would be to be honest with yourself, control what you can & if you have the courage/finances to do your own thing, try it.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 05:24 PM
lebomb

Man, I agree with his life philosophy but that was a rough video. He did not give you any actual tangible advice on how to quit your job in 2016 but pitched you his $40 per month online school in order to find out.

I also don't get why the emphasis on less college (isn't he a doctor who got his degrees from a college?) & paying for his online course instead? He made it about race when he previously cited and acknowledged that now more than ever there is unprecedented opportunity for all people to be entrepreneurs. Just a really odd video that ended up being an infomercial for his online courses.

05-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Man, I agree with his life philosophy but that was a rough video. He did not give you any actual tangible advice on how to quit your job in 2016 but pitched you his $40 per month online school in order to find out.

I also don't get why the emphasis on less college (isn't he a doctor who got his degrees from a college?) & paying for his online course instead? He made it about race when he previously cited and acknowledged that now more than ever there is unprecedented opportunity for all people to be entrepreneurs. Just a really odd video that ended up being an infomercial for his online courses.
I agree with you, this sounded more like a pitch for his online school rather than "how to quit your job". I think his emphasis on less college was because of the increased cost nowadays, though. He advocated going to a state school over a private, for that reason. and apparently his kids went to school so I think that bit about choosing his online school over university was just part of his pitch.

05-18-2016, 06:05 PM
Can you escape that even if you go to another company? Sometimes when it's every job you hate and you are the only constant variable might be time to look in the mirror.

A lot of people are the constant in these situations tbh

05-18-2016, 06:08 PM
lebomb (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3274)

:tu Black business

lol @ him earning more than 2 to 3 million but still having student loan debt though

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Well like the Dr. Said in that video - he works harder as an entrepreneur than he did in corporate but I think people romanticize "the other side". There will always be conflict and bad days etc...I think the practice that is best is being able to separate momentary stress vs actual legit problems and unhappiness.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 06:14 PM
I agree with you, this sounded more like a pitch for his online school rather than "how to quit your job". I think his emphasis on less college was because of the increased cost nowadays, though. He advocated going to a state school over a private, for that reason. and apparently his kids went to school so I think that bit about choosing his online school over university was just part of his pitch.

Sure but if felt really disingenuous. The cost thing was more to make his $40 class appear like a deal. I don't see any evidence that college is a losing proposition or at least he didn't provide that info. Especially with minorities getting entry into universities on their own merits, special program and all of the financial aid/grants/scholarships/athletics available I think it's still a worthy cause.

I also disagree about the pointing out that "you can't get this" or "you can't get that" at those universities. Just not true at all. At all. Many universities have business owners come and speak all the time, job placement centers & special access to job fairs.

I'm all for anyone pursuing the dream, but on one hand he says he wants to give you the black experience but then cites a lack of diversity from universities because there aren't many black professors.

Well, would you get the same sheltered POV from just hearing the black side of things as well?? Especially when whites still make up a large percent of the population and represent a large portion of employment for all races.

Anyways, apologies, not the point of the thread and kind of a separate issue.

MultiTroll
05-18-2016, 08:38 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MultiTroll (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8594629#post8594629) Blakey part of my pay is to keep informed on marketing trends.
Sad, make that extremely sad to say the Skunkdashians have an ungodly number of paying customers.

Poor Fabbs
An unusually large order for "Kris' Pegs" arrive at your address on the reg.

Thebesteva
05-18-2016, 09:43 PM
I cant take being a nurse anymore tbh...frustrating shit...dont tell DMC about this please :cry

KarmaKarma
05-18-2016, 10:07 PM
40k sounds painful .
How do you live on 40k?

daslicer
05-18-2016, 11:53 PM
I cant take being a nurse anymore tbh...frustrating shit...dont tell DMC about this please :cry

Being a doctor from what I have heard from people isn't fun.

DMC
05-19-2016, 12:00 AM
I cant take being a nurse anymore tbh...frustrating shit...dont tell DMC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665) about this please :cry
Did you lose someone?

DMC
05-19-2016, 12:02 AM
Btw I love my job. I haven't done shit all week but some expense reports for my recent South American jaunt. Oh I lied... I went to Bass Pro Shops today to look at some reels.

Thebesteva
05-19-2016, 03:30 AM
Btw I love my job. I haven't done shit all week but some expense reports for my recent South American jaunt. Oh I lied... I went to Bass Pro Shops today to look at some reels.

Did u get your tax return yet?

Koolaid_Man
05-19-2016, 04:40 AM

Hey homie....How is your wife doing with that co-worker who's trying to fuck her? Be careful man don't quit your job because if that dude finds out you're not working he's gonna move in for the kill and try to swoop her up....:lol

Koolaid_Man
05-19-2016, 04:43 AM
If you are talented enough and sought after enough, there will always be work. I think people that are unhappy in their jobs need to ask a few questions:

1. Am I that valuable? Am I better at my job than most others & can I prove that?

2. Did I pursue the right thing and educate myself/prepare myself to be in control?

3. Do I have the courage and ability and work ethic to take control of my own financial life?

4. Why am I unhappy? Is it the work that I do? Am I bad at my job? Is it the culture? Money? Etc...

A lot of people hate their job unfortunately and that's sad. At the same time, many people over value themselves. If you are truly special other companies where you have more choice in the people you work with/for, the culture, pay, etc.. Will always be available.

If you aren't anything special (nothing wrong with that, sometimes just paying the bills is good enough), does your unhappiness stem really from that? Can you escape that even if you go to another company? Sometimes when it's every job you hate and you are the only constant variable might be time to look in the mirror.

It sucks, but my advice would be to be honest with yourself, control what you can & if you have the courage/finances to do your own thing, try it.

I'm tired of job searching...I'm bout ready to give up....:lol

lebomb
05-19-2016, 06:50 AM
Hey homie....How is your wife doing with that co-worker who's trying to fuck her? Be careful man don't quit your job because if that dude finds out you're not working he's gonna move in for the kill and try to swoop her up....:lol

:lmao ........... you crazy Kool. Dude was a client (engaged client) and basically she is done working with him and his fiance. Its all good. I have nothing to worry about in that department. Remember I lick her fawtbox, a lot of niggras are scared to go that far. :claw Besides that, have you seen me? Im a handsome niggra. :hat

Koolaid_Man
05-19-2016, 07:27 AM
:lmao ........... you crazy Kool. Dude was a client (engaged client) and basically she is done working with him and his fiance. Its all good. I have nothing to worry about in that department. Remember I lick her fawtbox, a lot of niggras are scared to go that far. :claw Besides that, have you seen me? Im a handsome niggra. :hat

Lol. Ok...and yeah I'm not gay or no shit like that but yeah I give it to you...you are cut up and look good my nigga...keep it going you fucking ass licker :lol

DMC
05-19-2016, 08:49 AM
Did u get your tax return yet?

I got my SSI check and a new Lonestar card.

DMC
05-19-2016, 08:50 AM
I'm tired of job searching...I'm bout ready to give up....:lol
Your parents should finance you through your 70's.

Koolaid_Man
05-19-2016, 09:18 AM
Your parents should finance you through your 70's.

Please.....besides Ghazi has already established that I'm a ghetto infested nigga with dadeh issues...:lol

DMX7
05-19-2016, 09:43 AM
40k sounds painful .
How do you live on 40k?

I don't. I couldn't live on $80K to be honest and I don't have any kids to take care of (I'm in my late 20's FYI). I do better than that, I'm just pointing out what he's saying.

johnsmith
05-19-2016, 02:34 PM
I used to love my job and then last year a competitor talked me into going over to their company and threw a bunch of money at me. It ultimately was about 75% more and I was doing pretty well before that.

Worst fucking decision I've ever made or will ever make in my life. I fucking despise my company, all the people that work for me, all the people that I work for. Not a day goes by where I don't fantasize about murdering everyone. I routinely buy lottery tickets now and I never had bought one in my life prior to that.

Moral to the story....money isn't everything. I had no idea either.

Mitch
05-19-2016, 02:53 PM
I was happy just to have a job right after college, good money and great hours. I was never willing to settle on that, though. Running a business was a far more fulfilling use of my energy.

lebomb
05-19-2016, 03:46 PM
I used to love my job and then last year a competitor talked me into going over to their company and threw a bunch of money at me. It ultimately was about 75% more and I was doing pretty well before that.

Worst fucking decision I've ever made or will ever make in my life. I fucking despise my company, all the people that work for me, all the people that I work for. Not a day goes by where I don't fantasize about murdering everyone. I routinely buy lottery tickets now and I never had bought one in my life prior to that.

LMAO!!! Basically how I feel. I had the opportunity to leave a few times over the years, but the loyalty speech from the owners always swayed me to stay. The promise of being compensated and appreciated. What a fucked up decision it was to listen to that bullshit. :bang

Koolaid_Man
05-19-2016, 05:48 PM

So you were making 25k at your old job got a 75% increase and now make 43.5k...

Sweet bro :lol

DPG21920
05-19-2016, 07:00 PM
I don't. I couldn't live on $80K to be honest and I don't have any kids to take care of (I'm in my late 20's FYI). I do better than that, I'm just pointing out what he's saying.

This is utterly ridiculous. Can't live on 80K? That is absurd.

KarmaKarma
05-19-2016, 09:48 PM
This is utterly ridiculous. Can't live on 80K? That is absurd.
80K is decent .
I made a comfortable 85k . Taxed 15k .

DPG21920
05-19-2016, 10:05 PM
80K is decent .
I made a comfortable 85k . Taxed 15k .

85K is not only more than decent, it's definitely more than a livable wage. You may be worth more & may want more, but acting like 80K a year is unlivable?

The average househould income in this country is 52K. You are talking about making 60% more than the average household income at 85K.

Koolaid_Man
05-19-2016, 10:45 PM
85K is not only more than decent, it's definitely more than a livable wage. You may be worth more & may want more, but acting like 80K a year is unlivable?

The average househould income in this country is 52K. You are talking about making 60% more than the average household income at 85K.

:lol dang...you going on and on and on like the fucking energizer bunny over 80 fucking k....this must be the number you aspired to when you got married in order to say you made it and finally living the American Dream....carry on deepy don't let Kool destroy your dreams.....

:lol

DeadlyDynasty
05-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Love it.

Xevious
05-20-2016, 12:16 AM

Especially when you are single in your 20s.

If 80k is unlivable when you literally have no responsibilities, you were probably born with money and have no idea how to manage it. Either that or you are so deep into student loans and CC debt that... yeah, you still don't know how to manage it.

spurraider21
05-20-2016, 03:53 AM
I've got 1 more year of schooling left before I can really get involved in this conversation. Through the last few years I've made an effort to get as much diverse work experience as I could. Figured it was the best way to really figure out what I enjoy doing while also diversifying my resume

- Interned at a PI firm last summer. Wasn't a big fan of spending my days reaching out to doctors and insurance... not a line of work I ever see myself setting into. I know there's money to be made there, but that isn't my only motivation for going to law school. The firm was nice, though. I started off as a standard unpaid intern but they appreciated my effort and started paying me anyway.

- This past fall I worked at the superior court (received units for school, so no pay). I was assigned to the labor/equity division and I hated it. Basically just dealing with employment issues for county workers... discipline, discrimination, retaliation, etc. Just a bunch of HR shit and the main thing I learned is that it's next to damn impossible to fire a county employee no matter how shitty they are :lol

- Had a GREAT experience this past spring, clerking for a judge at the superior court. He was doing probate but got transferred to civil, so for most of the semester I saw nothing but jury trials with some big money involved (first case ended up settling for something around 6 mil... but the dude lost his leg so he deserved it :lol). Coolest part was actually drafting one of his statements of decision for a previous probate matter... it's not something a lot of law students get to do. But the trials were a great learning experience, considering I was also taking Evidence and Trial Practice as courses this semester. But I didn't get paid for this gig, got units again.

- Currently working for a workers comp insurance and general civil lit firm. Getting 20/hour on a full time basis which is pretty good coin for a student. I'm only about a week in at this point so I can't really comment much, but so far the work seems interesting. My assignments have been very research oriented to this point, haven't really gotten hands-on in the litigation process yet.

goal is to extern either for the DA or Public Defender's office this coming fall. Pretty sure I'd like defense work better but students can do a lot more working for the DA (can actually argue in prelim hearings), so I might go that way just for the experience

but :lmao at people saying they can't live off 80k per year. If you're a single male there's no reason why "you can't live" off it. Yeah, you dont get all the luxuries and shit, but how much of a princess do you have to be to actually say you can't live :lol

benefactor
05-20-2016, 06:20 AM
I'm not in love with the work and 12 hr shifts are long...but I have a great boss, which makes all the difference. I can pretty much take off whenever I want and adjust my hours/days I work if I have shit I need to get done during the week.

leemajors
05-20-2016, 06:22 AM
Especially when you are single in your 20s.

If 80k is unlivable when you literally have no responsibilities, you were probably born with money and have no idea how to manage it. Either that or you are so deep into student loans and CC debt that... yeah, you still don't know how to manage it.

This.

DPG21920
05-20-2016, 09:24 AM
:lol dang...you going on and on and on like the fucking energizer bunny over 80 fucking k....this must be the number you aspired to when you got married in order to say you made it and finally living the American Dream....carry on deepy don't let Kool destroy your dreams.....

:lol

What?

johnsmith
05-20-2016, 09:52 AM
So you were making 25k at your old job got a 75% increase and now make 43.5k...

Sweet bro :lol

You're an idiot.

johnsmith
05-20-2016, 09:53 AM
LMAO!!! Basically how I feel. I had the opportunity to leave a few times over the years, but the loyalty speech from the owners always swayed me to stay. The promise of being compensated and appreciated. What a fucked up decision it was to listen to that bullshit. :bang

That's another thing I've learned over the years....fuck loyalty.

Koolaid_Man
05-20-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm not in love with the work and 12 hr shifts are long...but I have a great boss, which makes all the difference. I can pretty much take off whenever I want and adjust my hours/days I work if I have shit I need to get done during the week.

Did they give you a whistle and a patrol stick...:lol

johnsmith
05-20-2016, 01:53 PM
Did they give you a whistle and a patrol stick...:lol

Says the unemployed guy.

jeebus
05-20-2016, 02:35 PM
Says the unemployed guy.
It's hard to get a job when you're fresh out of high school.

johnsmith
05-20-2016, 03:06 PM
It's hard to get a job when you're fresh out of high school.

Nah, landscapers are always hiring....he knows that!

DMC
05-20-2016, 04:43 PM
I've got 1 more year of schooling left before I can really get involved in this conversation. Through the last few years I've made an effort to get as much diverse work experience as I could. Figured it was the best way to really figure out what I enjoy doing while also diversifying my resume

- Interned at a PI firm last summer. Wasn't a big fan of spending my days reaching out to doctors and insurance... not a line of work I ever see myself setting into. I know there's money to be made there, but that isn't my only motivation for going to law school. worked for the superior court (labor/equity division). The firm was nice, though. I started off as a standard unpaid intern but they appreciated my effort and started paying me anyway.

- This past fall I worked at the superior court (received units for school, so no pay). I was assigned to the labor/equity division and I hated it. Basically just dealing with employment issues for county workers... discipline, discrimination, retaliation, etc. Just a bunch of HR shit and the main thing I learned is that it's next to damn impossible to fire a county employee no matter how shitty they are :lol

- Had a GREAT experience this past spring, clerking for a judge at the superior court. He was doing probate but got transferred to civil, so for most of the semester I saw nothing but jury trials with some big money involved (first case ended up settling for something around 6 mil... but the dude lost his leg so he deserved it :lol). Coolest part was actually drafting one of his statements of decision for a previous probate matter... it's not something a lot of law students get to do. But the trials were a great learning experience, considering I was also taking Evidence and Trial Practice as courses this semester. But I didn't get paid for this gig, got units again.

- Currently working for a workers comp insurance and general civil lit firm. Getting 20/hour on a full time basis which is pretty good coin for a student. I'm only about a week in at this point so I can't really comment much, but so far the work seems interesting. My assignments have been very research oriented to this point, haven't really gotten hands-on in the litigation process yet.

goal is to extern either for the DA or Public Defender's office this coming fall. Pretty sure I'd like defense work better but students can do a lot more working for the DA (can actually argue in prelim hearings), so I might go that way just for the experience

but :lmao at people saying they can't live off 80k per year. If you're a single male there's no reason why "you can't live" off it. Yeah, you dont get all the luxuries and shit, but how much of a princess do you have to be to actually say you can't live :lol

The Law Offices of Philo and Philo
"We work for you - No we don't, Yes we do"

05-20-2016, 06:27 PM
The Law Offices of Philo and Philo
"We work for you - No we don't, Yes we do"
:rollin

Koolaid_Man
05-20-2016, 06:31 PM
Says the unemployed guy.

Does Benefactors tool kit consist of a flashlight and a stun gun ? :lmao

Does he have flares on his uniform for fighting crime.....will they give him a job in the beareau :lol

johnsmith
05-21-2016, 12:13 PM
Does Benefactors tool kit consist of a flashlight and a stun gun ? :lmao

Does he have flares on his uniform for fighting crime.....will they give him a job in the beareau :lol

Says the high school kid.

ploto
05-21-2016, 10:06 PM
I like what I do at my job. I just wish I could do it alone. I try to do as many projects as I can that only need one person. My department was great until one person was moved into it. I just avoid this person. It is not the highest pay but I get good benefits - my health insurance is fully paid - and generous vacation, sick leave, holidays...

daslicer
05-22-2016, 10:39 AM
I like what I do at my job. I just wish I could do it alone. I try to do as many projects as I can that only need one person. My department was great until one person was moved into it. I just avoid this person. It is not the highest pay but I get good benefits - my health insurance is fully paid - and generous vacation, sick leave, holidays...

I think outside of pay rates the people you work with makes a huge difference when it comes to job satisfaction. Working with a bunch of douchebags will make even the most glamorous job miserable.