PDA

View Full Version : ***Official 2016 Seattle Seahawks Thread*** Sponsored by Moses Bread and Ciara.

The Gemini Method
05-18-2016, 12:00 PM
So this is the thread for the upcoming year. I'll be honest. I'm not sure how to divide up my allegiance. As many might know, I'm a resident of Southern California. I have ties to Seattle as well as some of my relatives are from there and still currently reside there. I was a tad bit young when the Rams/Raiders called Southern California home in the past, so I did not have a rooting interest growing up. I'm also a pretty loyal person to a default. So I'm not certain if I could put my rooting interest behind a team that has left home 3 times (Chicago, Los Angeles/OC/, and St. Louis). While I'm a realist and understand that Pro Sports is merely a business of entertainment, I believe that the Rams will remain in L.A. Anyhow, how long will they put up with the mediocrity that is Jeff Fisher & Co.

But I digress. I have enjoyed rooting on the Seahawks with the board's loyal fans like Mr. Spur-Addict and begrudgingly, tlongII. The talks have been engaging and for the most part, they know their shit about the team.

So, here is this year's thread!

Post anything Seattle related here!

tlongII
05-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Begrudgingly? :lol

The Gemini Method
05-18-2016, 12:39 PM
Begrudgingly? :lol I was only kidding, tlongII, you're alright.

Spur-Addict
05-24-2016, 10:33 AM
As far as the draft goes, very pleased with the picks of Reed, Vannett and C.J Pro. While I do believe Ifedi will develop into a pro tackle over time, I think Reed may be the steal of the draft in the second round. Fills a gap in the middle with the loss of Mebane. While I do think Collins is the kind of runner that naturally fits the kind of scheme we run, I'm enthused with the versatility of C.J. The OL is an ever concerning spot on the roster, I believe with the infusion of size that we are on the right track. IMO they need to leave Lewis at Center, and let Britt go by the wayside. Lewis did an exceptional job stabilizing things last year. I'd like to keep that continuity.

As far as the UDFA's go, there are several that I am intrigued with.

McEvoy: At 6'6 with a sub 4.5 40 ability, Great size and speed combo, with tons of versatility to play multiple positions.

Brandin Bryant: Very similar physical freak comp to Arizona's monster of a pick, Robert Nkemdiche.

Tyvis Powell: Great size at the safety position, good pedigree. I think he will contend for a backup safety position.

Boykin I'm not overly enthused about, but I do like his skillset. Although we do need a long term solution at back up QB as Jackson is getting long in the tooth. I think we should secure a veteran back up (Hopefully Jackson again), and bring him along as he has the tools. Don't really care for Heaps.

McEvoy is my favorite UDFA, hopefully he carves out a roster spot. So much versatility. Played WR, QB, and safety at Wisconsin. The player I have my eye on is Paul Richardson, to see how he has rebounded from another injury. And, Lawler's hands are Kawhi Leonard like LOL. There's going to be some moves at the back end of the WR spot. I really think Lawler may make the roster. Granted he's thin, and has lost weight at camp, but that's something they can work on. I guess we'll have to see how he handles the physicality of the vets. A lot to look forward to

UNT Eagles 2016
05-26-2016, 05:14 AM
I can definitely see the Seahawks being a leader of the pack in the NFC this season. Not necessarily that they'll win the SB, but if they seize the #1 seed and HFA throughout the NFC, it will be tough (though not impossible) to stop them from representing the NFC in Super Bowl LI.

I give the Seahawks a 30-35% chance to win the NFC and about a 20-25% chance to win it all. If they get the #1 seed, it will be tough... but not impossible for an NFC team to beat them in the playoffs.

Thomas Rawls is going to be excellent. Big shoes to fill, he learned behind the best in the game (along with AP) and I definitely see him as a top 5 to 10 RB in the league, particularly in the Seahawks' system. Jimmy Graham & co will be better than last year, Lockett is better than Lockette who retired, Kearse is back, and Wilson is still the force he is. OL is as suspect as ever and that might come back to haunt them, but less so in the read option style offense the Seahawks run with Wilson/Rawls.

The defense is still top 3 in the NFL in spite of the loss of Bruce Irvin; passing on that killer secondary remains tremendously difficult. No drama with Chancellor's salary this year means a full training camp, preseason, and all 16 RS games + playoffs (barring injury) of the full fledged LOB this year.

I have the Seahawks finishing 12–4 and edging out a couple teams for the #1 seed in the NFC by virtue of tiebreaker, but that may change as we head into the summer.

The Gemini Method
06-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Can't wait until football season.

Spur-Addict
07-26-2016, 10:30 PM
PCJS locked up for 3, and 5 more years :bobo

leemajors
07-27-2016, 04:32 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--2GLyiEs5--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/weneelcksssjtznf9yka.jpg

Avante
07-27-2016, 04:55 PM
2016 will be the season Russell Wilson puts it all together and becomes the leagues best multi talented QB. I do expect a 4500/40/500 season and no more comparisons wih Luck, his superiority too obvious for that anymore.

The Seahawks right there with the Cards, Packers and Panthers as the NFC Champ.

A lot of pro gamblers have a Seattle vs Pats SB.

Spur-Addict
08-13-2016, 09:14 PM
Boykin looking like a solid backup after one outing. Especially seeing as how he's a rookie. I'd still like to have a vet in for one year, but oh well. McEvoy with the game winning catch, and also a big catch on the same drive for 32 yards to set up his eventual 37 yard game-winning TD catch. This guy has too much talent to not make the roster in some way. Understandably this is against some guys that will not make the roster late in the game like this, but you can see his potential.

Spur-Addict
08-22-2016, 10:15 AM
The offensive line seems to have made great strides this offseason and out of all the issues being of importance, this was on the top of the list. Despite my criticisms of Britt, he seems to have found a home at center despite bouncing around to several positions on the OL. Rawls is a full-go in practice, great news. Probably looking at a time split with Christine Michael to start the season. Big Tukuafu is back at FB given the recent string of injuries at FB. Guy is a monster, and doubles as a DL as well.

Frank Clark and Cassius Marsh have looked great, which bodes well for the future of the DL and OLB. Although I think they will have to address the LB position in next years draft. Toss in Jarran Reed, who will do a great job replacing Mebane, things are looking up going forward. The DB position looks stable, and that's fantastic because for a while there the search for the #2 opposite Sherm seemed bleak. Lane, Simon, and Shead have looked solid. Tyvis Powell looks to be a steal, he must make the roster. And of course, Michael Bennett looks ornery, and for good reason.

The Gemini Method tlongII

UNT Eagles 2016
08-22-2016, 02:11 PM
12-4, 1st NFC West, 2nd seed in NFC

Loss in NFC Championship game

UNT Eagles 2016
08-22-2016, 02:13 PM
2016 will be the season Russell Wilson puts it all together and becomes the leagues best multi talented QB. I do expect a 4500/40/500 season and no more comparisons wih Luck, his superiority too obvious for that anymore.

The Seahawks right there with the Cards, Packers and Panthers as the NFC Champ.

A lot of pro gamblers have a Seattle vs Pats SB.
Cowboys instead of Cards, but yeah

Honestly hope NE loses before that

Spur-Addict
08-22-2016, 04:14 PM
12-4, 1st NFC West, 2nd seed in NFC

Loss in NFC Championship game

WE SHALL SEE

UNT Eagles 2016
08-23-2016, 07:37 AM
WE SHALL SEE

I'm a little worried about your OL. Should get a good test on Thursday, especially if all of Lawrence/Irving/Crawford/Thornton play.

Spur-Addict
08-23-2016, 08:44 AM
I'm a little worried about your OL. Should get a good test on Thursday, especially if all of Lawrence/Irving/Crawford/Thornton play.

So far so good on the O-Line. Already better than last season at this point in the year.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-23-2016, 12:34 PM
So far so good on the O-Line. Already better than last season at this point in the year.

It's pretty disheartening to a guy like Russell Wilson to let your best 3 o-linemen walk during the offseason, including your long-time LT...

Then again, Russell could be blamed for that as well. Every time he takes hits this season, he better be cursing himself for not taking the paycut that would have allowed the Seahawks to have an OL near the caliber of the Cowboys' in addition to that top defense and decent receiving corps.

Still, ESPN has Seattle's OL ranked as worst or near-worst in the league, and by far the worst among playoff caliber teams.

Spur-Addict
08-23-2016, 12:43 PM
It's pretty disheartening to a guy like Russell Wilson to let your best 3 o-linemen walk during the offseason, including your long-time LT...

Then again, Russell could be blamed for that as well. Every time he takes hits this season, he better be cursing himself for not taking the paycut that would have allowed the Seahawks to have an OL near the caliber of the Cowboys' in addition to that top defense and decent receiving corps.

Still, ESPN has Seattle's OL ranked as worst or near-worst in the league, and by far the worst among playoff caliber teams.

Okung was never healthy, so it would've been an unsound financial risk to take on such a player. His value now is even too high despite the manner in which they constructed his contract in Denver. Sweezy was overrated, I watched every game and he wasn't that great. Adding Ifedi, Webb, Sowell have been a shot in the arm. Glowinski played excellently in his one start against a stout Arizona front-line last year and is now a prominent part of the line. And Britt, who has been an absolute waste, has found his natural spot at Center. So while it is just the preseason, and I see everything through Homer eyes, there is still a lot to be optimistic about. As we addressed the line in the draft and free agency. Maintaining Patrick Lewis, who came in and stabilized the line last year at center, was massive IMO. So if Britt doesn't work out, we have a known commodity at center who knows all the calls. And who has a track record of success. It's not the Dallas O-Line, and it never will be. But it's a good start

UNT Eagles 2016
08-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Okung was never healthy, so it would've been an unsound financial risk to take on such a player. His value now is even too high despite the manner in which they constructed his contract in Denver. Sweezy was overrated, I watched every game and he wasn't that great. Adding Ifedi, Webb, Sowell have been a shot in the arm. Glowinski played excellently in his one start against a stout Arizona front-line last year and is now a prominent part of the line. And Britt, who has been an absolute waste, has found his natural spot at Center. So while it is just the preseason, and I see everything through Homer eyes, there is still a lot to be optimistic about. As we addressed the line in the draft and free agency. Maintaining Patrick Lewis, who came in and stabilized the line last year at center, was massive IMO. So if Britt doesn't work out, we have a known commodity at center who knows all the calls. And who has a track record of success. It's not the Dallas O-Line, and it never will be. But it's a good start
J'Marcus Webb has been awful throughout his career. When even an average NFL QB like Cutler repeatedly screams at you and forces you off the team, you know you're doing poorly.

And having an undrafted guy signed in training camp as your starting LT with no more Lynch and RW, a righty QB, being forced to pass more than ever is playing with fire.

The interior part of the line is OK, but nothing to write home about. Who starts at RG, one of the rookies? Even Ifedi is no Zack Martin, as that sort of rookie production is extremely rare for any lineman.

Looks ominously as if RW is going to have to quick pass and scramble a lot again this year, which doesn't bode too terribly well for either him or the defense.

Spur-Addict
08-23-2016, 02:23 PM
J'Marcus Webb has been awful throughout his career. When even an average NFL QB like Cutler repeatedly screams at you and forces you off the team, you know you're doing poorly.

And having an undrafted guy signed in training camp as your starting LT with no more Lynch and RW, a righty QB, being forced to pass more than ever is playing with fire.

The interior part of the line is OK, but nothing to write home about. Who starts at RG, one of the rookies? Even Ifedi is no Zack Martin, as that sort of rookie production is extremely rare for any lineman.

Looks ominously as if RW is going to have to quick pass and scramble a lot again this year, which doesn't bode too terribly well for either him or the defense.

The offensive line was horrid in the beginning of last season. But that was primarily due to the lack of stability at center. Once Lewis came in, the continuity of the line changed dramatically. The primary point is that we have addressed most of the issues outside of having stellar pro-bowlers at each (or any position). The offense line will always be a matter of concern given our emphasis on defense. But despite all of that last season, we still finished in the top five in total offense.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-23-2016, 03:20 PM
The offensive line was horrid in the beginning of last season. But that was primarily due to the lack of stability at center. Once Lewis came in, the continuity of the line changed dramatically. The primary point is that we have addressed most of the issues outside of having stellar pro-bowlers at each (or any position). The offense line will always be a matter of concern given our emphasis on defense. But despite all of that last season, we still finished in the top five in total offense.
I don't think your good but not great Dline makes up enough for it.

That secondary, though. And Bennett at WLB.

Avante
08-24-2016, 06:24 AM
Being as realistic as I can be.

Seahawks will...

Beat Miami at home
Beat the Rams
Beat my Niners at home
Beat the Jets
BYE
Beat Atlanta at home
lose to Arizona
Beat NO
Beat Buffalo at home
lose to the Pats
Beat Philly at home
Beat TB
Beat Carolina at home
lose GB
Beat Rams at home
Beat Arizona at home
Beat my Niners

They will lose one of those I have as a win, so....12-4

Spur-Addict
08-24-2016, 10:58 AM
Hawks typically drop one to the Rams, it's always a battle.

Spur-Addict
08-26-2016, 09:56 AM
I don't think your good but not great Dline makes up enough for it.

That secondary, though. And Bennett at WLB.

You think our D-Line is just good? Hey, I guess :lol

And don't provide a narrative about the Cowboys O-line, because that's not indicative of the rest of the leagues offensive lines. And as evidenced last night, and earlier on in the first two preseason games, our O-line looks better.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 09:58 AM
Hawks typically drop one to the Rams, it's always a battle.

I have you winning both Rams games this year. Rams still finish 8-8. Seahawks finish 12-4 and win the division.

4 road losses:

@ NYJ
@ NE
@ AZ
@ GB

Spur-Addict
08-26-2016, 10:02 AM
I have you winning both Rams games this year. Rams still finish 8-8. Seahawks finish 12-4 and win the division.

4 road losses:

@ NYJ
@ NE
@ AZ
@ GB

It's possible, but they've beaten us with a less talented roster. I hope you're right in that regard, as I'm tired of seeing them drop games to Jeff Fisher.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 10:03 AM
You think our D-Line is just good? Hey, I guess :lol

And don't provide a narrative about the Cowboys O-line, because that's not indicative of the rest of the leagues offensive lines. And as evidenced last night, and earlier on in the first two preseason games, our O-line looks better.
You weren't getting anywhere near Romo or Dak without bringing at least 2 on the blitz last night until the Cowboys' OL reserves (Green has been a disappointment so far, etc) started coming in. Granted the Cowboys have the best OL starters in the league.

You should be confident your DL should be able to get by with 4 man rushes against the lower half of the OLs in the league, including Arizona's.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 10:04 AM
It's possible, but they've beaten us with a less talented roster. I hope you're right in that regard, as I'm tired of seeing them drop games to Jeff Fisher.

Your offense (sans OL) is as good as it's ever been in the RW era, and they have serious QB issues.

Mostly whenever you lose in STL it's either the first road game of the season or someone highly important is injured/not playing.

Spur-Addict
08-26-2016, 10:10 AM
You weren't getting anywhere near Romo or Dak without bringing at least 2 on the blitz last night until the Cowboys' OL reserves (Green has been a disappointment so far, etc) started coming in. Granted the Cowboys have the best OL starters in the league.

You should be confident your DL should be able to get by with 4 man rushes against the lower half of the OLs in the league, including Arizona's.

There it is, a Cowboys O-line reference. Not indicative of league wide lines. Completely unnecessary reference

And I'm not sure what you're talking about as we have some of the most talented DL's in the game. Plus, our scheme rarely changes. You typically will have to beat a base set consistently as we do not blitz a lot. We epitomize the bend and don't break concept. Lowest total yards per game last season and this is largely the same regime, the same core of the past several seasons and they're not old.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 10:12 AM
I also picked losses at NYJ and NE because your tendency is to always lose any road AFC game to any AFC team that is at least average. And NYJ is slightly above average, and well, NE is NE.

When's the last time you've beaten an ABOVE average AFC team on the road. I don't remember, either. So you lose both those games.

GB in Lambeau that late in the season is a loss. Deal with it. Hope you don't have to face them there in the ice in the playoffs.

You usually lose an AZ game and I'm picking the road loss this time because it's very unusual for 2 good home teams in the same division to keep winning year to year on each other's home field... law of averages, they each win their home game this year. It also makes sense because the SEA @ AZ game is early in the season, and AZ is a better early season team, while the AZ @ SEA game is late in the season, and SEA is a better late season team.

For the record, I have AZ choking big time this year based on their schedule and brutal road-heavy end of season schedule. 5 of their last 7 are away, and none REALLY easy. Also, they (last several years) notoriously start out with a gaudy record then flame out towards the end of the year. I have AZ starting out 7-0 but then missing the playoffs at 11-5. Losses @ CAR, @ MIN, @ ATL, @ SEA, and @ LA in that order.

Spur-Addict
08-26-2016, 10:13 AM
Your offense (sans OL) is as good as it's ever been in the RW era, and they have serious QB issues.

Mostly whenever you lose in STL it's either the first road game of the season or someone highly important is injured/not playing.

They've never had a good QB situation. They've beaten us with backups, and without stellar running backs. I've seen some of the most mind numbing losses at the hands of the Rams that make no sense on paper. But that is in large part because they have an absolutely stellar defense, and very good special teams game. We basically dropped a game because they hit us with a trick ST play.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 10:18 AM
They've never had a good QB situation. They've beaten us with backups, and without stellar running backs. I've seen some of the most mind numbing losses at the hands of the Rams that make no sense on paper. But that is in large part because they have an absolutely stellar defense, and very good special teams game. We basically dropped a game because they hit us with a trick ST play.

And no Chancellor... holdout. great player, but I hate guys like that

Spur-Addict
08-26-2016, 10:21 AM
And no Chancellor... holdout. great player, but I hate guys like that

True. But we've also lost games with Kam. We should've beaten them with or without him. But for some strange reason they play us very well. Zeke looked great yesterday though.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 10:24 AM
True. But we've also lost games with Kam. We should've beaten them with or without him. But for some strange reason they play us very well. Zeke looked great yesterday though.

Always been a Kam fan ever since he took out that guy on the Niners that one year (and got a BS penalty over it)... but very disappointed in him as a person for the holdout, and he doesn't need to be cheap-shotting running backs after a play is over, preseason or not. Those 15 yards and automatic 1st down really hurt you guys, otherwise Dak has to throw on 3rd & 9 instead of keeping the Zeke train going.

Spur-Addict
08-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Always been a Kam fan ever since he took out that guy on the Niners that one year (and got a BS penalty over it)... but very disappointed in him as a person for the holdout, and he doesn't need to be cheap-shotting running backs after a play is over, preseason or not. Those 15 yards and automatic 1st down really hurt you guys, otherwise Dak has to throw on 3rd & 9 instead of keeping the Zeke train going.

The Vernon Davis hit inside the five yard line? Yeah that was clean, and laid him out Classic Kam :lol

I totally get why they hold out, they're playing way above their pay grade, especially Bennett. And I get that they signed contracts etc. But players end up getting their contracts restructured in fear of being cut, or they get outright cut. So it should go both ways. NFL players really get the shaft in large part, they should be able to maximize their value.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 11:09 AM
The Vernon Davis hit inside the five yard line? Yeah that was clean, and laid him out Classic Kam :lol

I totally get why they hold out, they're playing way above their pay grade, especially Bennett. And I get that they signed contracts etc. But players end up getting their contracts restructured in fear of being cut, or they get outright cut. So it should go both ways. NFL players really get the shaft in large part, they should be able to maximize their value.
If there wasn't a hard cap, I would agree with you. But there is, so players have to make sacrifices if they want to win.

I see a particular area of a football team, such as a secondary, OL, or linebacking corps, as a fraternity rather than a group of individual coworkers. If you have 2-3 or more good players/stars that make the group elite (more than the sum of its parts) as the LOB of Seattle does, you each take slight but definite paycuts to keep the band together. It's what you do. There's more to life than money. Maybe Trump thinks differently, but how many Seattle voters are going for Trump anyway?

Spur-Addict
08-26-2016, 11:29 AM
If there wasn't a hard cap, I would agree with you. But there is, so players have to make sacrifices if they want to win.

I see a particular area of a football team, such as a secondary, OL, or linebacking corps, as a fraternity rather than a group of individual coworkers. If you have 2-3 or more good players/stars that make the group elite (more than the sum of its parts) as the LOB of Seattle does, you each take slight but definite paycuts to keep the band together. It's what you do. There's more to life than money. Maybe Trump thinks differently, but how many Seattle voters are going for Trump anyway?

I don't know about you, but I'm maximizing my value in a finite situation such as football when literally at any given moment you could be out of the league watching from your sofa. No fully guaranteed contracts etc. Although as a fan I'd want to keep all of the best players on the roster, it's just not realistic.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 11:59 AM
I don't know about you, but I'm maximizing my value in a finite situation such as football when literally at any given moment you could be out of the league watching from your sofa. No fully guaranteed contracts etc. Although as a fan I'd want to keep all of the best players on the roster, it's just not realistic.

If you already have millions in the bank, do you really need more? What are you going to use them on, a 20 bedroom 15 bathroom mansion in SoCal or a yacht you're never going to use?

Spur-Addict
08-26-2016, 12:00 PM
If you already have millions in the bank, do you really need more? What are you going to use them on, a 20 bedroom 15 bathroom mansion in SoCal or a yacht you're never going to use?

It's not about need, it's about worth. Why accept less than you are worth?

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 12:05 PM
It's not about need, it's about worth. Why accept less than you are worth?

So you're saying a guy who get paid to do his favorite hobby in front of a national TV audience (a position in which the average male US citizen does not have the opportunity due to mere biology, not work ethic) should get paid 10,000+ times more than someone who works their ass off to get a viable college degree, works their ass off to provide value for their company, isn't necessarily doing what they want to do (doing it because it's a job) and doesn't get national recognition? Ludicrous.

There really needs to be some kind of federal personal annual salary limit (this applies for owners and CEOs too) or alternatively, at least a legitimate, reasonable estate tax (up to 80% with, say, the first ten million dollars in cash and assets exempt).

Spur-Addict
08-26-2016, 12:11 PM
So you're saying a guy who get paid to do his favorite hobby in front of a national TV audience (a position in which the average male US citizen does not have the opportunity due to mere biology, not work ethic) should get paid 10,000+ times more than someone who works their ass off to get a viable college degree, works their ass off to provide value for their company, isn't necessarily doing what they want to do (doing it because it's a job) and doesn't get national recognition? Ludicrous.

There really needs to be some kind of federal personal annual salary limit (this applies for owners and CEOs too) or alternatively, at least a legitimate, reasonable estate tax (up to 80% with, say, the first ten million dollars in cash and assets exempt).

I'm saying they should maximize their value like any other businessman would. I'm not saying they should be paid more than any particular profession. But, if a biologist had an opportunity to make millions, who am I to tell him not to?

I don't think there should be private sector limitations on salary, I do think there should be federal limits because we're talking about tax dollars. You cannot suppress markets and expect market growth, and proper market growth that isn't disproportionate, stunted if you will. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any regulation at all, but ideally there is little regulation.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 12:25 PM
I'm saying they should maximize their value like any other businessman would. I'm not saying they should be paid more than any particular profession. But, if a biologist had an opportunity to make millions, who am I to tell him not to?

I don't think there should be private sector limitations on salary, I do think there should be federal limits because we're talking about tax dollars. You cannot suppress markets and expect market growth, and proper market growth that isn't disproportionate, stunted if you will. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any regulation at all, but ideally there is little regulation.
The problem is the 1% hoarding virtually all of the money which brings down the wealth of the U.S. middle class. I'm not talking millions, I'm talking MEGA millions.

What if personal salaries were taxed at a very low rate (5-10 percent) up to 10 million, but anything over that is taxed at 80%? The IRS would make a lot more money, which would be used for the other tax breaks, military expansion, responsible programs, and the like. And the people, from the bottom to the middle class all the way up to the highest class up to 10 million dollars would benefit. Only at the expense of the richest of the rich having less yachts, Ferraris, and mansions that they don't need and they would never even use.

Fair enough?

Spur-Addict
08-26-2016, 12:41 PM
The problem is the 1% hoarding virtually all of the money which brings down the wealth of the U.S. middle class. I'm not talking millions, I'm talking MEGA millions.

What if personal salaries were taxed at a very low rate (5-10 percent) up to 10 million, but anything over that is taxed at 80%? The IRS would make a lot more money, which would be used for the other tax breaks, military expansion, responsible programs, and the like. And the people, from the bottom to the middle class all the way up to the highest class up to 10 million dollars would benefit. Only at the expense of the richest of the rich having less yachts, Ferraris, and mansions that they don't need and they would never even use.

Fair enough?

Well, tax rates have fluctuated throughout history. So, that has served as a mechanism to some degree. I would not want some perpetually locked in group of rates. Especially when you have other countries who alter their rates and it can cause competitive global disadvantages.

That proposal would serve as a massive disincentive. Why seek to create, develop and expand when the government is going to take 80% of my income? Plus there's the problem of the existing wealth. You're locking in a permanent elite group. What, are you going to go back and take what someone has already created? All seems a bit fishy to me. At the end of the day, people are people. Just because you slap the government label on them doesn't make them some sort of better person. Granted there has to be some sort of balance, but what you're proposing just isn't practical.

It's not about what someone needs, it's about what they are worth. You can't tell me Lebron James has to make as much as DeMar Derozan, or Mike Conley, that's absurd.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Spur-Addict (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12803)

The 80% estate tax over ten million in assets, plus a maximum tax-free transfer of five million in assets per child, would apply to everyone who was not subject to the 80% of annual income over 10 million tax (thus, everyone who made their astronomical riches before the law came into pass would be affected upon death). And the 10 million figure shall be flexible according to national inflation and deflation rates.

This is fair across the board and works toward eliminating the aristocratic class.

Note: This tax does NOT apply to corporations, just individuals.

Spur-Addict
08-26-2016, 01:01 PM
I think that's rather high

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 01:04 PM
I think that's rather high

Crime would go down dramatically, so people (especially minorities) wouldn't have to steal and cheat anymore. Children in middle-class households would never have to worry about anything and they'd all have cars and prom dresses upon graduation, not to mention health and dental insurance covered.

tlongII
08-26-2016, 04:05 PM
I don't blame NFL players for holding out. It's the only leverage they have. They are screwed compared to the NBA, MLB, and even the NHL.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-26-2016, 08:43 PM
I don't blame NFL players for holding out. It's the only leverage they have. They are screwed compared to the NBA, MLB, and even the NHL.

MLB especially, players get wtf-ever they want

Holding out = team killing, there's no other way to describe it

Chancellor cost his team the first 2 games, which could have meant HFA instead of that lousy season last year

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-27-2016, 12:10 PM
MLB especially, players get wtf-ever they want

Holding out = team killing, there's no other way to describe it

Chancellor cost his team the first 2 games, which could have meant HFA instead of that lousy season last year

The Carolina Panthers went 15-1... the Seattle Seahawks went 10-6.... the Arizona Cardinals went 13-3.... the Seattle Seahawks went 10-6... they barely made the playoffs..... they survived a miracle against.... Minnesota..... and got stomped by Carolina.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-27-2016, 10:13 PM
The Carolina Panthers went 15-1... the Seattle Seahawks went 10-6.... the Arizona Cardinals went 13-3.... the Seattle Seahawks went 10-6... they barely made the playoffs..... they survived a miracle against.... Minnesota..... and got stomped by Carolina.

The home loss to Carolina was bizarre... Chancellor was still out of shape, but the entire defense was suffering and didn't get better until midseason, they had to adjust to no Chancellor from OTAs through Week 3, the loss of Maxwell, Lynch (for most of the season) and others. They weren't themselves until it was too late.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-02-2016, 07:41 PM
To be it's weird to be both a Seattle fan and a Spurs fan. I'll never forget nor forgive Seattle fans for unanimously cheering and laughing when TD went down with that ankle injury in the 4th quarter of game 6 of the 2005 playoffs. Unforgettable moment. Then they booooooooooooooooooed when he got up and walked off the injury and went back into the game. Unforgettable.

They say Seattle is hipster, but they've had some of the dirtiest, classless, meanest sports players and classless fans and it's a cult thing up there. Jerome James/Reggie Evans/Danny Fortson/Gay Allen in the mid 2000s and the "LOB" in the mid 2010s. The Sonics in the mid 2000s had the same sort of aura the Seahawks have had for the last several years now. I don't get it?

Spur-Addict
09-04-2016, 10:31 AM
To be it's weird to be both a Seattle fan and a Spurs fan. I'll never forget nor forgive Seattle fans for unanimously cheering and laughing when TD went down with that ankle injury in the 4th quarter of game 6 of the 2005 playoffs. Unforgettable moment. Then they booooooooooooooooooed when he got up and walked off the injury and went back into the game. Unforgettable.

They say Seattle is hipster, but they've had some of the dirtiest, classless, meanest sports players and classless fans and it's a cult thing up there. Jerome James/Reggie Evans/Danny Fortson/Gay Allen in the mid 2000s and the "LOB" in the mid 2010s. The Sonics in the mid 2000s had the same sort of aura the Seahawks have had for the last several years now. I don't get it?

Thanks for sharing.

It's weird when I see Cowboys fans who are Spurs fans. Don't give me the Texas/proximity argument, I'm sure many were Rockets when five slamma jamma went back to back in the mid-ninties.. Because the Cowboys are the Lakers of the NFL. The Spurs are the exact opposite of everything the Cowboys are.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Thanks for sharing.

It's weird when I see Cowboys fans who are Spurs fans. Don't give me the Texas/proximity argument, I'm sure many were Rockets when five slamma jamma went back to back in the mid-ninties.. Because the Cowboys are the Lakers of the NFL. The Spurs are the exact opposite of everything the Cowboys are.
And the Green Bay Packers are what the Spurs are (smaller market, lower payroll, got lucky with 2 franchise players in a row, have won consistently for last 2+ decades) but we all hate 'em down here... yeah.

Spur-Addict
09-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Just when the line was coming together, our 1st round pick goes down for a few weeks. We'll manage

Spur-Addict
09-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Russ comes through in the clutch. Grind of a game, but I'll take it.

tlongII
09-11-2016, 11:49 PM
A win is a win.

Trainwreck2100
09-12-2016, 12:25 AM
struggling to beat the dolphins even though they were playing at the canoe, have fun with the season

tlongII
09-12-2016, 09:12 AM
struggling to beat the dolphins even though they were playing at the canoe, have fun with the season

C'mon dude. You're a Cowboy fan for god's sake.

Will Hunting
09-12-2016, 09:33 AM
:lol semenpigeons
:lol 11 point spread....won by 2 points

Spur-Addict
09-12-2016, 11:42 AM
C'mon dude. You're a Cowboy fan for god's sake.

:lol Don't take the bait, just hope Russ is good to go. We always start slow, but not having Russ would be a major problem.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-12-2016, 11:54 AM
A win is a win.

Hope Russ is ok

UNT Eagles 2016
09-13-2016, 01:12 PM
A win is a win.

Hope Russ is ok

Respect...

Spur-Addict
09-20-2016, 08:31 AM
Once again, the Rams had our number. They can beat us, but can't beat anyone else. This must be why Jeff Fisher keeps getting extensions. Another slow start to the year, but can't complain sitting at 1-1. Especially with the level of roster turnover, and injuries on the offensive side. Hopefully Russ is noticeably more agile next week.

Yep, docked a fifth. What are ya gonna do.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-20-2016, 09:36 AM
Once again, the Rams had our number. They can beat us, but can't beat anyone else. This must be why Jeff Fisher keeps getting extensions. Another slow start to the year, but can't complain sitting at 1-1. Especially with the level of roster turnover, and injuries on the offensive side. Hopefully Russ is noticeably more agile next week.

Yep, docked a fifth. What are ya gonna do.
Gotta beat AZ in AZ and NO in NO. Tough.

Spur-Addict
09-28-2016, 07:20 PM
Due to extensive RB injuries, Hawks sign C.J Spiller.

Avante
09-28-2016, 07:29 PM
Due to extensive RB injuries, Hawks sign C.J Spiller.

Hasn't been too productive for a couple seasons now but he still has a 4.9 career averaged and at 28 should still have most that speed left. Good out of the backfield as a receiver.

When right one of the fastest RB in football. I'd try to get him out in apace with the ball, let Michael/Rawls be the thumpers.

Spur-Addict
09-28-2016, 07:30 PM
Hasn't been too productive for a couple seasons nowm but he still has a 4.9 caeer averaged and a5 28 should still have most that speed left. Good out of the backfield as a receiver.

Yeah basically. Injury prone, explosive when healthy

Avante
09-29-2016, 12:47 AM
Looking like Wilson is out vs Jets. Now let's see how important he really is.

spurraider21
09-29-2016, 02:02 AM
:lmao avante

https://i.gyazo.com/b0b84439dd971aed9b60c18e204a9c7c.png

Spur-Addict
10-03-2016, 09:53 AM
Ifedi had a really good first game for being a rookie going up against a monster defensive line. Very pleased, bodes well for the future. It was nice to see my guy McEvoy, who I touted prior to camp as an UDFA, get a TD this week. But man, despite having a banged up ankle and knee, Russell played very well. He's getting the ball out quickly, and stepping up in the pocket well. As long as he keeps throwing it away when nothing is there like he has been, he should be fine as he'll be unlikely to take unnecessary hits. But his work ethic is unmatched, the guy gets up in the middle of the night to do rehab. Crazy

Graham looks like his old self again, he and Russell have visible chemistry. The defense is top-notch as always, and in particular Shead looks to have really emerged and found a place. Perfect time for a bye week, Russell can get some much needed rest and rehab. Gotta love those Bills running backs, they come to Seattle and just ball-out. Spiller in his first game scores a touchdown and plays very well in limited time. Michael still very productive despite facing a vaunted front, he really deserves to maintain a full-workload (at least a look at it) for an extended period of time even after Rawls comes back. He looks like the guy I thought he'd be when we drafted him. Especially given Rawls inability to stay healthy, he really needs to be eased in rather slowly.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-03-2016, 09:55 AM
Seahawks look good... I thought they would lose considering they haven't beat a decent East Coast team in a long, looooong time... if ever in the RW era... but they did it... RW is truly elite, injured and all. Definitely better than Newton thus far.

I only see 2 more losses on the schedule... at NE and at GB... the rest shouldn't be too bad since the Cardinals aren't good anymore and the rest of their games against tough teams are at home where they don't really lose.

The Gemini Method
10-03-2016, 05:40 PM
That was a nice win on the road. I think MetLife Stadium is the Clink on the road. Superbowl 48 title there and have won the last 3 match-ups in the Meadowlands. The bye week is early. But with RW3's injuries, it came at a right time.

Spur-Addict
10-11-2016, 11:14 AM
That was a nice win on the road. I think MetLife Stadium is the Clink on the road. Superbowl 48 title there and have won the last 3 match-ups in the Meadowlands. The bye week is early. But with RW3's injuries, it came at a right time.

Two tough ones coming. It was interesting to see ATL attack Denver's LBs much like teams typically try to attack our LBs if they themselves have good TEs and RBs. With the aim to dink-and-dunk their way to prosperity. Knowing this is an inevitability for the upcoming week, and seeing as how we rarely deviate from certain defensive sets, it will be interesting to see how those matchups go early on. And if there will be any adjustments. Although, we are blitzing more this year which is peculiar.

Man I love how Ifedi played in his first game and hopefully he carries that over into this matchup. Hopefully that continues because if so, then the interior of the O-line has nice potential for the next few years with Ifedi/Britt/Glowinski.

The Gemini Method
10-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Two tough ones coming. It was interesting to see ATL attack Denver's LBs much like teams typically try to attack our LBs if they themselves have good TEs and RBs. With the aim to dink-and-dunk their way to prosperity. Knowing this is an inevitability for the upcoming week, and seeing as how we rarely deviate from certain defensive sets, it will be interesting to see how those matchups go early on. And if there will be any adjustments. Although, we are blitzing more this year which is peculiar.

Man I love how Ifedi played in his first game and hopefully he carries that over into this matchup. Hopefully that continues because if so, then the interior of the O-line has nice potential for the next few years with Ifedi/Britt/Glowinski.

They attacked the Broncos' LBs very well. I don't know if Wagner and Co. can prove to be more of a deterrent. I guess it'll have to depend on the DL to get pressure on Ryan. His pedigree is that he'll panic and make mistakes. Will that happen? I don't know. But it is also hard to win back-to-back road games against top defenses. I hope the bye week and this week has given Russell time off to get somewhat healthy. He looked really good against the Jets. If he plays like this and gets Graham further into the scope of the offense, we'll be alright. The OL has to slow Beasley and the other LB who shredded the OL of the Broncos. I think having Wilson over Lynch will probably be the key. Then we face the Cards and that is always a tough match-up.

Spur-Addict
10-11-2016, 11:53 AM
They attacked the Broncos' LBs very well. I don't know if Wagner and Co. can prove to be more of a deterrent. I guess it'll have to depend on the DL to get pressure on Ryan. His pedigree is that he'll panic and make mistakes. Will that happen? I don't know. But it is also hard to win back-to-back road games against top defenses. I hope the bye week and this week has given Russell time off to get somewhat healthy. He looked really good against the Jets. If he plays like this and gets Graham further into the scope of the offense, we'll be alright. The OL has to slow Beasley and the other LB who shredded the OL of the Broncos. I think having Wilson over Lynch will probably be the key. Then we face the Cards and that is always a tough match-up.

Ryan has looked under control so far this year, and he's spreading the ball around like Jason Kidd. He seems to have a different mentality this year and I'm sure Shanahan has something to do with that. And while the historic Ryan may be sloppy, I'm sure he's aware of his deteriorating performances the last several seasons and is therefore open to adjustments. Especially when those adjustments have been working. I think it'll be important to establish the run and get up early. Perhaps those habits may resurface in a tough environment. Make them uncomfortable, because with an offense like that, hanging around late in the game, is not good. Our tackles have left a lot to be desired this season so Vic may find himself having back-to-back solid outings. Hopefully Lockett is on the mend, that would be nice to have him somewhat back to form. Contrary to popular belief, I think Jimmy will continue to be a focus of the offense going forward.

Avante
10-11-2016, 12:09 PM
Seattle at home coming off a bye with a far better defense than what Atlanta has.

Better QB
At home
Second consecutive road game for Atlanta
Seattle by far the better D

Seattle is the play.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-11-2016, 02:26 PM
Gotta beat them Falcons... I think Seattle wins.

Spur-Addict
10-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Atlanta is giving up somewhere around 28 a game if you ignore that Denver game. I imagine they'll look to have long, sustained drives to keep their defense off the field. Which works directly into the dink-and-dunk approach. Although they'll certainly will have their shots to take downfield if they'd like to. Ball security will be huge

UNT Eagles 2016
10-11-2016, 02:38 PM
But the falcons are a high octane offense, they like to throw and make flashy plays... dinking and dunking for 10 minutes to eventually find the endzone is the Cowboys way, not the Falcon way.

Spur-Addict
10-11-2016, 02:48 PM
But the falcons are a high octane offense, they like to throw and make flashy plays... dinking and dunking for 10 minutes to eventually find the endzone is the Cowboys way, not the Falcon way.

When you are playing against high-end defenses you have to concede some things, which is precisely what happened last week against Denver. They targeted their RB's heavily in the passing game, and prioritized running the ball consistently.

Of Ryan's fifteen completions, ten of them went to three positions. RB(7)/TE(2)/FB(1). Resulting in 195 yards (of 267), and his only TD. Only five receptions went to WRs.

Now I'm not saying they can't get going in a big way against Seattle, but I would be surprised if overall, they didn't take the same approach. I'm sure they will take shots but, they likely will be coordinated.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-11-2016, 02:58 PM
^ That sort of game is advantage Seattle.

Spur-Addict
10-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Not if those drives are successful.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-11-2016, 03:07 PM
The greatest success Atlanta can hope for on such a drive is a made field goal. Seattle doesn't really give up TDs at home.

Spur-Addict
10-11-2016, 03:14 PM
You're not taking into account the time that is drained off the clock in these kinds of drives. It limits the other side just as much as it limits their side. It becomes a game of mistakes, as windows for scoring are naturally smaller.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-11-2016, 03:28 PM
The Seattle defense is kind of an exception to the rule in that regard. They don't mind being out there on the field longer than the offense because they have all those elite players who are likely to cause mistakes including huge turnovers.

Spur-Addict
10-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Up until the Jets game we were at the lower-end in regards to forced turnovers this year. Teams are playing ultra conservative so far, avoiding taking shots downfield.

Spur-Addict
10-17-2016, 10:12 AM
I'll take it. Sometimes you catch the breaks, sometimes you don't.

Avante
10-17-2016, 10:31 AM
Who schedules this stuff?

How can ya have one team coming off a bye week vs a team in another road game? Talk about unfair, there it is.

Anyway....

As we all know the Seahawks don't start hitting their stride until November, in the RW era...

First 8 weeks...12 losses
Last 8 weeks...6 losses

They come to the playoffs playing their best ball.

Fabbs
10-17-2016, 10:59 AM
The bottom line is real simple...

Pete Carrol is one of the best college/pro football coachs of all time, only a fool wouldn't get that.

Pelicans78
10-17-2016, 11:43 AM
I'm going to the Dome in two weeks when the Hawks come to town. Hopefully our defense shows up.

The Gemini Method
10-17-2016, 05:53 PM
Spur-Addict What did you think about the win vs. Atlanta? I know the last call was PI. Though, the mugging of Kearse in the end zone could've been contrived as PI as well. I think we dominated for 3 of 4 quarters and should've blown out the Falcons. I know the 3rd quarter was an affront on our D. Losing Bennett and not having Kam really hurt our pass defense. I hope Michael isn't hurt long term. Having Frank Clark back and Bennett healthy is imperative down the stretch seeing that we don't get a bye for the remainder of the regular season. I thought the O was alright. Wasn't as explosive as I thought we could be. Good to see Graham become an integral part of the passing game. Next week is a tough spot vs. Arizona down in the desert. 4-1 is better than how we started off last year. Props to ET for that pick that saved our bacon.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-17-2016, 06:07 PM
What was up with Kam? He never misses games unless he's trying to hold out to get paid...

The Gemini Method
10-17-2016, 06:44 PM
What was up with Kam? He never misses games unless he's trying to hold out to get paid... He hurt his groing vs. the Jets. I believe he aggravated it during the bye week practices.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-18-2016, 07:11 AM
He hurt his groing vs. the Jets. I believe he aggravated it during the bye week practices.

What an idiot for not resting during the bye week. Who the hell gets WORSE during a bye week?

Spur-Addict
10-18-2016, 10:02 AM
Spur-Addict What did you think about the win vs. Atlanta? I know the last call was PI. Though, the mugging of Kearse in the end zone could've been contrived as PI as well. I think we dominated for 3 of 4 quarters and should've blown out the Falcons. I know the 3rd quarter was an affront on our D. Losing Bennett and not having Kam really hurt our pass defense. I hope Michael isn't hurt long term. Having Frank Clark back and Bennett healthy is imperative down the stretch seeing that we don't get a bye for the remainder of the regular season. I thought the O was alright. Wasn't as explosive as I thought we could be. Good to see Graham become an integral part of the passing game. Next week is a tough spot vs. Arizona down in the desert. 4-1 is better than how we started off last year. Props to ET for that pick that saved our bacon.

Games really do not come down to one call, although people try to make it seem that way in the waning moments of games. It is rather all that came before that culminated in that moment. Aside from that Russell INT in the SB, that was shit. And yes, there were various calls (as in every game) that are missed on both sides, it's just the way it is. But yes, we absolutely dominated three of the four quarters, and should have had a firm grip despite the third quarter debacle. Our offense has to improve, and it will as Russell continues to get healthier. His elusiveness is a linchpin to our offense. Whether it's buying extra time in the pocket when the play breaks down, our getting critical yards on the ground as needed to extend drives. He's doing a good job of getting the ball out quickly which is something I think will carry over once he's back healthy. Whether it's this year or beyond. Sure there will be the broken plays that will make his release time look poor, but once subtracting those plays I think we'll see similar our better numbers to now as far as getting the ball out is concerned.

Not only did we not have Kam, but we did not have Frank Clark as well who has been a major part of our defensive unit. But, I think, it's more about the growth of the offensive unit. This is how it goes every year. We have a restructured offensive line (had a major injury with Ifedi as well), and eventually we get into a groove midseason, we just have to survive until that point. So, I think around week 8 it will be pivotal to get into a groove (largely dependent upon the health of Russ) and really put up a good offensive showing before going into that tough three game stretch. That Jets game was good, but it's the Jets. And overall he has played well in every game considering what he is dealing with. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the next two games aren't pivotal, as they certainly are. Arizona looks to be rounding into form, and New Orleans can drop 35 on most teams. So they're big games. Ideally I'd like to see that transformation next game but that's typically but you can't rush health. But I need to see a game where Russ gets 40 yards rushing to feel good about where we're going. Just to know he can if need be.

I like Luke Willson, but it'll be nice the next few weeks seeing Vannett get more snaps. Perfect fit with Jimmy given his complete skillset. They're saying Luke may need surgery, that would suck. Michael is saying that he will be fine, and I'll take him at his word. These offensive lineman have been targeting him this year in the most dirtiest manner but what are you gonna do it's football. Prosise being day-to-day is nice. We certainly need a change of pace back to go with Michael. I like Spiller and all, but we spent a third round pick on Prosise, it'll be nice to see what we have, similarly to Vannett. Lockett hopefully coming into form here soon. Just a lot of injuries on the offensive side of the ball but we're dealing with it. But as long as Russ is legit on the mend we'll be fine IMO.

Avante
10-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Seattle in the RW era, after the first six weeks.

2012...7-3
2013...8-2
2014...9-1
2015...8-2

At 4-1 there is no logic in seeing them do any worst than 7-4, that is 11-5 and another playoff spot.

Being real.

lose one of these on the road....Arizona, NO.
beat Buffalo
lose in NE
beat Philly
beat TB
beat Carolina at home
??? at Packers..............could be in desperation and playing better. Weather???
beat Rams at home
beat Cards at home
beat Niners

Yep, will lose one I have as a win.

So...12-4/11-5

The Gemini Method
10-18-2016, 01:49 PM
What an idiot for not resting during the bye week. Who the hell gets WORSE during a bye week? It was my mistake. He was injured during last Thursday's practice. Missed Friday's practice and so they held him out for the tilt vs. Falcons.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-18-2016, 02:21 PM
It was my mistake. He was injured during last Thursday's practice. Missed Friday's practice and so they held him out for the tilt vs. Falcons.

Hope he recovers in time for the Arizona away game this weekend... AZ has been on the rise a bit granted they've played sucky competition, but it's still at home for them... Seattle really should win that game and it's a shame if they don't because they're much better.

Spur-Addict
10-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Lets not get carried away here. Arizona is still a highly talented team that just has had setbacks. Top flight running back, top flight receiver, really good QB who should just protect the ball more, and an elite defense when healthy. I think the glaring loss was against New England in week one when nobody knew how good Jimmy was. In retrospect it's not as bad as it was at the time. Getting steamrolled by Buffalo in retrospect wasn't so terrible either, especially seeing as how they traveled all the way across the country for a 1pm EST game. I have to admit, I was wrong about Buffalo, they seem to righted the ship if you will. And of course, Carson got clocked by the Rams, who happen to be damn competitive right now, and the Rams beat us every year. So they're obviously a talented team.

Arizona has the look of a team that may go on a run here in the middle portion of the schedule. If they beat us, they could easily have a three game streak (Carolina then San Fran) going into their battle with Minnesota. Who they can beat because of how good their defense is. Especially given the fact that Minnesota has a shit offensive line. So, this will be a tightly contested battle even if we are fully healthy.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Lets not get carried away here. Arizona is still a highly talented team that just has had setbacks. Top flight running back, top flight receiver, really good QB who should just protect the ball more, and an elite defense when healthy. I think the glaring loss was against New England in week one when nobody knew how good Jimmy was. In retrospect it's not as bad as it was at the time. Getting steamrolled by Buffalo in retrospect wasn't so terrible either, especially seeing as how they traveled all the way across the country for a 1pm EST game. I have to admit, I was wrong about Buffalo, they seem to righted the ship if you will. And of course, Carson got clocked by the Rams, who happen to be damn competitive right now, and the Rams beat us every year. So they're obviously a talented team.

Arizona has the look of a team that may go on a run here in the middle portion of the schedule. If they beat us, they could easily have a three game streak (Carolina then San Fran) going into their battle with Minnesota. Who they can beat because of how good their defense is. Especially given the fact that Minnesota has a shit offensive line. So, this will be a tightly contested battle even if we are fully healthy.
Based on the schedule I don't see more than 8 wins for them, which won't be even close enough to sniff a wild card spot in this year's competitive NFC.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-24-2016, 07:45 AM
Looking at the remaining schedule... as long as the offense improves, with that tremendous defense/special teams you should definitely go 13-2-1, maybe with a loss in New England or Green Bay. 12-3-1 at worst

Fabbs
10-24-2016, 08:58 AM
SeahawkRef :lol

Just watched the replay of the *blocked* field goal.
9-7 team becomes 12-4.

Ya i already read the rule.
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/this-amazing-blocked-kick-by-the-seahawks-revealed-another-ridiculous-nfl-rule-102316

The Gemini Method
10-24-2016, 10:54 AM
Well, that was an epic choke job by Haushka. They didn't deserve to tie this game, but an equal choke job by Cannazaro. That was a horrible performance by the O. But at least it wasn't a loss.

trypldubl
10-24-2016, 10:56 AM
I'm going to the Dome in two weeks when the Hawks come to town. Hopefully our defense shows up.

I'm traveling over there to see the Seahawks play this weekend. Any suggestions on where and when to park? I tried looking into sites like parking panda, parkwhiz, and even stubhub to find a a decent price on parking but don't know if the first two are legit to buy a pass to park in garage from. Stubhub was offering the same parking but at double the price.

Pelicans78
10-24-2016, 11:01 AM
I'm traveling over there to see the Seahawks play this weekend. Any suggestions on where and when to park? I tried looking into sites like parking panda, parkwhiz, and even stubhub to find a a decent price on parking but don't know if the first two are legit to buy a pass to park in garage from. Stubhub was offering the same parking but at double the price.

I would park a little further out from the dome because parking close to the dome is real congested. I'm gonna ask my brother where he parks because that garage was easy to get out of. It's somewhere on Loyola Street.

Thread
10-24-2016, 11:04 AM
They're boiling mad here this morning over the non penalties on the FG attempts. Texting Blandino, threatening to concoct some kind of legal maneuver if it happens again in the rematch, calling Seattle everything but, white grungers. "Before that rematch I want a dictate from Goodell." "And if it isn't good I want his resignation." "This is an outrage." "This isn't right." "This is wrong." "I usually don't get this mad, but, this time I'm very mad."

trypldubl
10-24-2016, 11:12 AM
I would park a little further out from the dome because parking close to the dome is real congested. I'm gonna ask my brother where he parks because that garage was easy to get out of. It's somewhere on Loyola Street.

Thanks Pelicans. If you get that info from your brother then let me know if you can. I just was not sure if I had to buy parking in advance or just find some random place a few hours before the game.

Avante
10-24-2016, 11:19 AM
To do what they are doing without Thomas Rawls, that o line and no Kam, amazing~~~~~

Having to stand and throw will only help Russell Wilson down the road.

Darth_Pelican
10-24-2016, 11:21 AM

If you arrive early, you will find a spot at a meter for free (since there is no charge for meters on Sundays). If not, you will find a pay lot for $20-50, depending on how close you want to park to the dome. You don't need to buy a parking pass beforehand. I would definitely park further away and walk to avoid the traffic/congestion. Enjoy the game; I'll be there as well.

Pelicans78
10-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Looking at the remaining schedule... as long as the offense improves, with that tremendous defense/special teams you should definitely go 13-2-1, maybe with a loss in New England or Green Bay. 12-3-1 at worst

We'll get em this week at the Dome :toast

UNT Eagles 2016
10-24-2016, 11:33 AM
We'll get em this week at the Dome :toast

I doubt it.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-24-2016, 11:41 AM
Well, that was an epic choke job by Haushka. They didn't deserve to tie this game, but an equal choke job by Cannazaro. That was a horrible performance by the O. But at least it wasn't a loss.

it basically serves as an intermediary between a team with the same amount of wins and a team with one more win.

So if you are 12-3-1, you will be seeded higher than a 12-4 team, but lower than a 13-3.

For instance --

(1) Seahawks: 12-3-1
(2) Vikings: 12-4 (assume they beat the Cowboys head-to-head in Minnesota 12/1)
(3) Cowboys: 12-4 (lost head-to-head vs Vikings)
(4) Falcons: say 10-6 or 11-5... doesn't really matter
(5) Eagles: 11-5
(6) Packers: 11-5

I really was hoping the Redskins would win yesterday because I don't want to face Playoff Rodgers in the first round, but that's a scary possibility.

Pelicans78
10-24-2016, 11:54 AM
I doubt it.

At least for our defense, it will be by far the worst offense we've faced all season. Question is what will our offense do against their defense. But if we avoid any turnovers, we have a good shot at pulling off the upset.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-24-2016, 12:05 PM
At least for our defense, it will be by far the worst offense we've faced all season. Question is what will our offense do against their defense. But if we avoid any turnovers, we have a good shot at pulling off the upset.

But you don't have pass rushers to target their main weakness (their OTs on both sides).

trypldubl
10-24-2016, 02:31 PM
If you arrive early, you will find a spot at a meter for free (since there is no charge for meters on Sundays). If not, you will find a pay lot for $20-50, depending on how close you want to park to the dome. You don't need to buy a parking pass beforehand. I would definitely park further away and walk to avoid the traffic/congestion. Enjoy the game; I'll be there as well.

Thanks for your input Darth. I'll keep that in mind. I haven't been to an NFL game in years and it will be my first time at the dome so I am looking forward to it. I just hope it's entertaining with more offense than last night's game.

SpursforSix
10-24-2016, 02:40 PM

At least Haushka got to leave the field immediately. They must have showed Cannazaro between every play.

In Cannazaro's defense, had he kicked it straight, it looked like it might have gotten blocked.
Haushka's was just awful.

Darth_Pelican
10-24-2016, 02:48 PM
Thanks for your input Darth. I'll keep that in mind. I haven't been to an NFL game in years and it will be my first time at the dome so I am looking forward to it. I just hope it's entertaining with more offense than last night's game.

Of course there will be more offense. Have you not seen the Saints defense in action?

UNT Eagles 2016
10-24-2016, 02:49 PM
Of course there will be more offense. Have you not seen the Saints defense in action?

is Breauxken still out?

Darth_Pelican
10-24-2016, 02:56 PM
is Breauxken still out?

He took part in some drills at practice today, but if I had to guess he will probably miss 1 more week before returning.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-24-2016, 02:58 PM
He took part in some drills at practice today, but if I had to guess he will probably miss 1 more week before returning.

I think Seattle wins, they always suck on offense early in the season, this year is no different. This might be their "breakout game" where Russy gets 4 TDs and they score in the mid to upper 30s.

Darth_Pelican
10-24-2016, 03:03 PM
I think Seattle wins, they always suck on offense early in the season, this year is no different. This might be their "breakout game" where Russy gets 4 TDs and they score in the mid to upper 30s.

I'm just glad that Atlanta lost again to give the players something to still believe in and keep playing hard, (still only 1 game back in the loss column), even if it is a pipe dream. The Saints offense has scored 32 or more points at home every game this season, so they do have a chance to pull off an upset. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen, but I do expect a close game.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-24-2016, 03:03 PM
I'm just glad that Atlanta lost again to give the players something to still believe in and keep playing hard, (still only 1 game back in the loss column), even if it is a pipe dream. The Saints offense has scored 32 or more points at home every game this season, so they do have a chance to pull off an upset. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen, but I do expect a close game.

they haven't played a good defense at home yet

HarlemHeat37
10-24-2016, 03:09 PM
Should be a nice game, 2nd best offense(Cowboys are a little better, statistically, but they have had the easiest schedule in the NFL) in the NFC vs. the #1 defense, tbh..

Pelicans78
10-25-2016, 09:39 AM
they haven't played a good defense at home yet

I feel better about this game then I did going to KC and the Saints should have won that one.

Avante
10-25-2016, 10:33 AM
In the RW the Seahawks have played far better (and Rawls is coming back) from week 8 on. To do what they are doing with RW unable to motor says it all about this team.

Week 8 onward.

2012...7-2
2013...7-2 again
2014...8-1
2015....7-2

The Pats as a comparison.

2012...8-1
2013...7-2
2014...7-2
2015...5-4

Spur-Addict
10-25-2016, 01:46 PM
Nightmare of a game, herculean effort by the defense. My heart literally went off-beat at one point due to the aggravation. Right around the last drive in regulation, right after Jermaine Kearse made a big play to put us at midfield. Then, somehow, we end up with a 1st and 30. How about that dude, UDFA Tanner McEvoy. Guy can ball, hopefully he finds the field more.

Spur-Addict
10-31-2016, 12:12 PM
Congratulations to the Saints on a hard fought victory. It was a rather peculiar game, but very entertaining nonetheless. It is overly apparent that the ailments that Mr. Wilson is playing with is drastically effecting his performance. In years past, his mobility made up for the setbacks on the offensive line. Given his current state of health, his is unable to make up for those deficiencies. And aside from the line, his play is outright not very good to be straight. If he does not improve health wise, it is an almost certainty that the team will not be successful in the long run. The only good thing about this week is that Arizona lost (Thank you Carolina). Despite how bad of an offensive outing it was for the Hawks, we still had a chance in the waning moments only to fall short.

It was nice to see Prosise make the impact that he did, and although it was in a gadget capacity, McEvoy made another big impact on the game. He needs to see the field more consistently with a more firm role IMO.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-31-2016, 01:38 PM
If seattle doesn't get hfa in the playoffs, they're not making the SB. That's just a fact.

Darth_Pelican
10-31-2016, 02:00 PM
Congratulations to the Saints on a hard fought victory. It was a rather peculiar game, but very entertaining nonetheless. It is overly apparent that the ailments that Mr. Wilson is playing with is drastically effecting his performance. In years past, his mobility made up for the setbacks on the offensive line. Given his current state of health, his is unable to make up for those deficiencies. And aside from the line, his play is outright not very good to be straight. If he does not improve health wise, it is an almost certainty that the team will not be successful in the long run. The only good thing about this week is that Arizona lost (Thank you Carolina). Despite how bad of an offensive outing it was for the Hawks, we still had a chance in the waning moments only to fall short.

It was nice to see Prosise make the impact that he did, and although it was in a gadget capacity, McEvoy made another big impact on the game. He needs to see the field more consistently with a more firm role IMO.

GG. I was just tired of having to play you guys in your stadium and have devastating losses. It was nice to get a win finally.

You guys will still win your division and will compete for a 1st round bye. This game was much more important for the Saints.

Darth_Pelican
10-31-2016, 02:02 PM

Thanks

Darth_Pelican
10-31-2016, 02:08 PM

How did you make out?

HarlemHeat37
10-31-2016, 03:30 PM
Thanks

:lol

trypldubl
10-31-2016, 05:20 PM
How did you make out?

It was a great experience. Got to Champions Square around 9. Great little venue btw. We got food, drinks and hung out with a few hawks fans (which were more than I expected). Went into the dome at 10. We sat in section 119 so we were able to see the players warm up on the field up close. Fans weren't too rowdy either. Just a lot of friendly talking back and forth. We parked on O'Keeffe and Common in a garage. Paid $10 and got out with no line. Traffic wasn't bad either. About 15 min to get on I10. Drove strait back to S.A. right after. Pretty tired but had fun. Wish I had more time to stay.

The only thing I will complain about is a father and son at game who stood up for almost the whole game a couple of rows in front of us. People kept telling them stuff but They just ignored them. Those last three drives by both teams though no one was sitting down. It got crazy loud that drive drive so it was pretty cool.

I can tell you though I'm going to keep hearing "move dem chains" in my sleep for the next week haha.

Avante
11-08-2016, 02:07 AM
5-2-1 and have always had a better second half than a first in the RW era. Pretty safe to see they win the West. And by then Rawls, Chancellor and Bennett will be back.

tlongII
11-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Russ is finally starting to look healthy. That is huge for us.

Spur-Addict
11-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Russ is finally starting to look healthy. That is huge for us.

He's still not there yet, but he's certainly better than the last several weeks. His wheels are probably around 70%. On a 3rd down scramble where normally he would've picked up 20, he got just what the team needed. So it'll be a while, in reality this is the best he may look for the rest of the season. But, the Bills secondary hasn't been all that great so I'm not sure if that's a great group to gauge against. But wow, Jimmy looked damn good. It's nice to have him back up and rolling.

My primary concern is our run defense, they ran all over us and there wasn't anything we could do about it. Granted, having a dual-threat QB plays into that scheme mightily, and most teams won't be able to be that effective, but they still moved guys around quite easily upfront. Reminded me a little of the year prior to emerging when S.F claimed we quit. Obviously not having Michael Bennett and Kam are two big losses, especially in regards to the run game.

That game should have gone into OT, it's a shame because it was such a great game, and having an extra period would've been nice purely as a spectator. But of course I'm all about the win so you're damn right I'll take it. I'm certain that N.E is going to go wild next week probably to the tune of 35 points, hopefully we can put up points along with them and possibly steal it at the end.

Pete says Kam is highly likely to be back next week, but of course he must make it through practice all week long. Apparently he looked pretty good pre-game to the coaching staff. It would be great to get that thumper back, a guy who can come down to the line of scrimmage and just blow up a 350lb lineman. Lockett looked close to his normal self and that's amazing for the offense, opens things up more. Huge win, especially with the Pats lurking. Bills played a great game though.

The Gemini Method
11-14-2016, 12:46 PM
Spur-Addict wow...what a win! Hung tough with the Pats at the big razor. Pete almost overthought things again with going for 2. Glad it didn't come back to cost them like the 2-pt cost the Steelers in their game. Do you think Russell is back to normal? I know he still doesn't have the speed you're used to, but the elusiveness looks like it's coming back.I think the hardest part of our schedule hasp passed. With only the Eagles left with a winning record left, I think it's plausible that we get to 11 wins. However, the team has to guard against complacency and hope that the Cowboys get a few hiccups down the stretch. While last night's game shows the Hawks can go into enemy territory, it would be nice to have HFA for the playoffs. Now to get the namesake Moses Beard back and Rawls and Micheal healthy. Hopefully the OL will continue to gel and get better.

chunticakes
11-14-2016, 01:44 PM
Spur-Addict (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12803) wow...what a win! Hung tough with the Pats at the big razor. Pete almost overthought things again with going for 2. Glad it didn't come back to cost them like the 2-pt cost the Steelers in their game. Do you think Russell is back to normal? I know he still doesn't have the speed you're used to, but the elusiveness looks like it's coming back.I think the hardest part of our schedule hasp passed. With only the Eagles left with a winning record left, I think it's plausible that we get to 11 wins. However, the team has to guard against complacency and hope that the Cowboys get a few hiccups down the stretch. While last night's game shows the Hawks can go into enemy territory, it would be nice to have HFA for the playoffs. Now to get the namesake Moses Beard back and Rawls and Micheal healthy. Hopefully the OL will continue to gel and get better.

You boys forgot to congratulate Avante as well. He's Seattle's biggest fan.

Spur-Addict
11-14-2016, 01:44 PM
Spur-Addict wow...what a win! Hung tough with the Pats at the big razor. Pete almost overthought things again with going for 2. Glad it didn't come back to cost them like the 2-pt cost the Steelers in their game. Do you think Russell is back to normal? I know he still doesn't have the speed you're used to, but the elusiveness looks like it's coming back.I think the hardest part of our schedule hasp passed. With only the Eagles left with a winning record left, I think it's plausible that we get to 11 wins. However, the team has to guard against complacency and hope that the Cowboys get a few hiccups down the stretch. While last night's game shows the Hawks can go into enemy territory, it would be nice to have HFA for the playoffs. Now to get the namesake Moses Beard back and Rawls and Micheal healthy. Hopefully the OL will continue to gel and get better.

Hell of a win it was, absolutely. The Patriots lack of pass rush really benefitted the offensive line, and obviously offensive productivity. We will see several defenses ahead that are much better in that regard and who will cause problems for our O-line. The Pats defense basically wants you to either make a mistake, or settle for three. Russell missed a few opportunities but I cannot complain because he played excellently.

But man, how great was it having Kam back? He was all over the place. If you're not a fan of his game, you're just not a fan of football. Russell is looking better by the week, but I'm just not quite sure we'll see him making many plays with his legs outside of the pocket for the rest of the year. It was nice to see him moving around in the pocket though, especially on that drive to end the first half which resulted in a TD to Doug Baldwin. If all we get is that Russell with all the injuries this year, I can't complain.

As far as the rest of the schedule goes, there are numerous very dangerous teams left. We already lost to the Rams, by the time we get Arizona they will likely have put several good games together, and Mathieu will likely have returned. Playing at Lambeau is never a walk-in-the-park, and of course we all know what Carolina is capable of doing when they get a rhythm going. But I agree that 11 wins is a real possibility. I think we'll be on the road at some point this postseason. The one place I do not want to travel to is Atlanta. We must finish better than Atlanta, and win our division.

The rest of the schedule for Dallas isn't quite what our schedule is, plus they are quite a ways ahead so I'm not really thinking about catching them. I still have my eye on the Cardinals, with that defense they are always dangerous. But there are plenty of tough front sevens left on our schedule to cause concern.

C.J with the goods yesterday, with our offensive line strengths he may be our best bet the rest of the way in the backfield.

The Gemini Method
11-14-2016, 02:31 PM
You boys forgot to congratulate Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483) as well. He's Seattle's biggest fan. I thought he was a 49er fan? Just likes Russell because he has nothing to be excited about in Santa Clara? But, if he's a true fan, cheers to him.

The Gemini Method
11-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Hell of a win it was, absolutely. The Patriots lack of pass rush really benefitted the offensive line, and obviously offensive productivity. We will see several defenses ahead that are much better in that regard and who will cause problems for our O-line. The Pats defense basically wants you to either make a mistake, or settle for three. Russell missed a few opportunities but I cannot complain because he played excellently.

But man, how great was it having Kam back? He was all over the place. If you're not a fan of his game, you're just not a fan of football. Russell is looking better by the week, but I'm just not quite sure we'll see him making many plays with his legs outside of the pocket for the rest of the year. It was nice to see him moving around in the pocket though, especially on that drive to end the first half which resulted in a TD to Doug Baldwin. If all we get is that Russell with all the injuries this year, I can't complain.

As far as the rest of the schedule goes, there are numerous very dangerous teams left. We already lost to the Rams, by the time we get Arizona they will likely have put several good games together, and Mathieu will likely have returned. Playing at Lambeau is never a walk-in-the-park, and of course we all know what Carolina is capable of doing when they get a rhythm going. But I agree that 11 wins is a real possibility. I think we'll be on the road at some point this postseason. The one place I do not want to travel to is Atlanta. We must finish better than Atlanta, and win our division.

The rest of the schedule for Dallas isn't quite what our schedule is, plus they are quite a ways ahead so I'm not really thinking about catching them. I still have my eye on the Cardinals, with that defense they are always dangerous. But there are plenty of tough front sevens left on our schedule to cause concern.

C.J with the goods yesterday, with our offensive line strengths he may be our best bet the rest of the way in the backfield. I like Frank Clark's continued growth. How much longer is Bennett out for? I mean, the Patriots were singing the praise of Michael and how disruptive he was in 2015. I hope he gets back because we could use that explosiveness down the stretch.

Spur-Addict
11-14-2016, 05:04 PM
I like Frank Clark's continued growth. How much longer is Bennett out for? I mean, the Patriots were singing the praise of Michael and how disruptive he was in 2015. I hope he gets back because we could use that explosiveness down the stretch.

I don't think he'll be back in games until December 4th. That's just my guess. Clark has been beasting, that was a nice one-handed sack yesterday.

The Gemini Method
11-21-2016, 11:33 AM
Spur-Addict (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=12803) Nice home win against Wentz and the Eagles. Bummer we lost Prosise and Thomas got hurt. The secondary got a couple picks and Wilson is back to being Wilson. Perhaps we should petition the NFL to start the the season after Oct 31st. 31-6 since Wilson became the starter from November on. Next up: On the road against Winston and the Buccaneers in Tampa. The last time they faced them, the Hawks came back from a 21-3 2nd half deficit. Hopefully, Thomas' injury isn't that serious. Prosise might be gone for a good portion of this 2nd half run. Perhaps cutting Michael wasn't a wise move. I think that there was more to the release of him. Not that he was any good in passing situations.

spurraider21
11-21-2016, 11:55 AM
wilson is playing well, but he's still not "back" in that he's not running for big yards at all. he rushed for 19 yards yesterday, which was his season high :lol

he's 16th in the league among QB's as far as rushing yards this season, even behind jacoby brissett, andy dalton, and matt stafford. he's on pace to finish the season with something like 125 rushing yards, when his career low was 489 in his rookie year

The Gemini Method
11-21-2016, 12:18 PM
wilson is playing well, but he's still not "back" in that he's not running for big yards at all. he rushed for 19 yards yesterday, which was his season high :lol

he's 16th in the league among QB's as far as rushing yards this season, even behind jacoby brissett, andy dalton, and matt stafford. he's on pace to finish the season with something like 125 rushing yards, when his career low was 489 in his rookie year I would assume this is to keep him from re-injuring himself. I also think its partially due to the return to health of Graham, Rawls, and Lockett. Keep him getting healthier and make him limit the hits he takes as he scrambles. But good point.

Spur-Addict
11-21-2016, 08:19 PM
It's likely we do not see the Wilson of old in regards to running the football at all this year. I know I've said this before, but sometimes these sprains linger until you can rest for an extended period of time. I recall dealing with a sprain myself that required extended time off. But, he is looking much better and that bodes well as the entire team has been a carousel in regards to injuries in major positions. What is most concerning is our run defense, we are getting ran on in a way that seems effortless at times (enter concerns about Dallas). I understand Bennett is out (which BTW they're saying he'll likely be back against Carolina) but, there's something about the run defense that is just off this season at times.

Earl has a 1st degree hamstring injury, and so does Shead. That's two weeks a piece. Our secondary will hurt minus these stalwarts. And hamstring injuries can linger if they're not handled right (Doug Martin). We have some trying times ahead make no mistake about it. Especially a testy Panthers team that is tired of losing the week after next. Plenty of trap games on the horizon, the offense is going to have to stay on a roll.

It will be interesting seeing who backs up the Rawls Royce (Yeah I said it). I'll guess Collins but who knows with Pete.

Spur-Addict
11-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Untimely loss, but Arizona loss as well so it's not so bad. Need to get healthy, and more continuity in obvious areas. It's also great that Russ can get the wheels going now if need be, this is a great sign. After three games from now we'll be in the best condition we can be. Line will have had enough time to gel, guys will be healthy in the secondary, and the end of the season will be upon us. Cannot complain, very happy considering.

Avante
11-28-2016, 11:49 PM
Classic...

Seattle....we have a three game lead in our division, yawn.
Tamp Bay...we MUST have this game, GRRRRRRR~~~~

No big deal.

DD
11-29-2016, 12:01 AM
The NFC West went tits up real quick...worst division (record-wise) in the league

Avante
11-29-2016, 02:25 PM
In the Russell Wilson era the Seahawks haven't lost two games in a row after Turkeyday.

They are also..20-4...after Turkeyday in the reg season.

By the way....

NFL Active Passer ratiing

Rank

Player

Rate

Years

Tm

Aaron Rodgers (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/R/RodgAa00.htm)

2005-2016

gnb (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/gnb/)

Russell Wilson (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm)

2012-2016

sea (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/sea/)

Tony Romo (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/R/RomoTo00.htm)

2004-2015

dal (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/dal/)

Tom Brady (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/B/BradTo00.htm)

2000-2016

nwe (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/nwe/)

Drew Brees (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/B/BreeDr00.htm)

2001-2016

2TM

Philip Rivers (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/R/RivePh00.htm)

2004-2016

sdg (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/sdg/)

Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/R/RoetBe00.htm)

2004-2016

pit (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/pit/)

Matt Ryan (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/R/RyanMa00.htm)

2008-2016

atl (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/atl/)

Matt Schaub (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/S/SchaMa00.htm)

2004-2016

4TM

Andy Dalton (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/D/DaltAn00.htm)

2011-2016

cin (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/cin/)

Colin Kaepernick (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm)

2011-2016

sfo (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/sfo/)

Derek Carr (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/C/CarrDe02.htm)

2014-2016

rai (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/rai/)

Carson Palmer (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/P/PalmCa00.htm)

2004-2016

3TM

Cam Newton (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/N/NewtCa00.htm)

2011-2016

car (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/car/)

Matthew Stafford (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/S/StafMa00.htm)

2009-2016

det (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/det/)

Ryan Tannehill (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/T/TannRy00.htm)

2012-2016

mia (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/mia/)

Andrew Luck (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/L/LuckAn00.htm)

2012-2016

clt (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/clt/)

Jay Cutler (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/C/CutlJa00.htm)

2006-2016

2TM

Alex Smith (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/S/SmitAl03.htm)

2005-2016

2TM

Joe Flacco (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/F/FlacJo00.htm)

2008-2016

rav (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/rav/)

Eli Manning (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/M/MannEl00.htm)

2004-2016

nyg (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/nyg/)

Sam Bradford (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm)

2010-2016

3TM

Michael Vick (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/V/VickMi00.htm)

2001-2015

4TM

Blake Bortles (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/B/BortBl00.htm)

2014-2016

jax (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/jax/)

Ryan Fitzpatrick (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm)

2005-2016

6TM

Matt Cassel (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/C/CassMa00.htm)

2005-2016

6TM

Josh McCown (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/M/McCoJo01.htm)

2002-2016

7TM

Josh Freeman (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/F/FreeJo00.htm)

2009-2015

3TM

Chad Henne (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/H/HennCh01.htm)

2008-2016

2TM

Mark Sanchez (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/S/SancMa00.htm)

2009-2016

3TM

Derek Anderson (http://www.spurstalk.com/players/A/AndeDe00.htm)

2006-2016

3TM

Clipper Nation
11-30-2016, 07:31 PM
Passer rating is a flawed stat that rewards game managers and punishes taking risks. Struggle's passer rating has been wildly inflated from playing on a stacked team where he isn't asked to do much. All he has to do is make a few safe throws, hand it off to the running back, and let his mega-stacked defense do the heavy lifting.

Avante
11-30-2016, 07:45 PM
Passer rating is a flawed stat that rewards game managers and punishes taking risks. Struggle's passer rating has been wildly inflated from playing on a stacked team where he isn't asked to do much. All he has to do is make a few safe throws, hand it off to the running back, and let his mega-stacked defense do the heavy lifting.

So let's see...

Leading the NFL in 2015 with a 110.1 QB rating means....0.
Winning more games as a 4 year/11 week QB in history means....0
Being the only QB in history to start out with two QB rating of over a 100 his first two seasons means....0
Starting every game since his first game means....0
The NFL record 4000/30/500 means....0
Winning a SB in his scond season means....0
Coming within a yard of winning two SB in his first three seasons means...0
Winining a playoff game in every season means....0
Pro bowl MVP means...0
Most TD's by a rookie in a game (5) means....0
He is 2-1 vs Tom Brady means...0.
Three times as many TD's as INT's means...0
7-3 in playoff games since 2012 means...0

Tell us all again about how Wentz is better than Prescott and Anderson is better than Newton, ok?

Dude, just how fucking dumb are you?

Clipper Nation
11-30-2016, 07:55 PM
Quarterback A throws three straight passes, completing them each for three yards. Plugging three completions, nine yards, three attempts, zero touchdowns, and zero interceptions into the equation above, and you get a quarterback rating of 97.92, which is a very good rating.

Quarterback B throws three straight passes, the first two land incomplete, and the third is caught for a 30 yard gain. Putting those numbers into the equation, you get a quarterback rating of 71.53. In the first situation, the offense is now facing fourth down, where in the second the ball just went 30 yards down field.

Gee, I wonder which quarterback Struggle is more similar to. Definitely explains the high passer rating.

Avante
11-30-2016, 08:01 PM
Quarterback A throws three straight passes, completing them each for three yards. Plugging three completions, nine yards, three attempts, zero touchdowns, and zero interceptions into the equation above, and you get a quarterback rating of 97.92, which is a very good rating.

Quarterback B throws three straight passes, the first two land incomplete, and the third is caught for a 30 yard gain. Putting those numbers into the equation, you get a quarterback rating of 71.53. In the first situation, the offense is now facing fourth down, where in the second the ball just went 30 yards down field.

Gee, I wonder which quarterback Struggle is more similar to. Definitely explains the high passer rating.

QB leaves the college game as the all time single season passing efficency leader. He walks right into the NFL and starts winning more games than any QB in history, he does things never seen before, he sets NFL records.

Some idiot on the internet who thinks Carson Wentz is better than Dak Prescott and Derek Anderson is better than Cam Newton is too stupid to see the greatness of the above QB. As we can see he's dumb.

Educate yourself son, ok?

Though Cam Newton is going to be the NFL’s 2015 MVP, it’s hard to argue that Russell Wilson hasn’t been the league’s best player, especially in the past five weeks, when the fourth-year quarterback is on a historic run of games, all of which have helped turn Seattle from a 4-5 disappointment into a sleeping 9-5 giant. Check out his numbers from those five straight wins:
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/screen-shot-2015-12-22-at-10-20-22-am.png?w=1000
Five straight games, with at least three touchdowns and a rating over 120. Or five straight games with a completion percentage at 70% or above and 245 yards. It’s near perfection from all angles. These seemed like unbelievable achievements so, with the help of pro-football-reference’s Player Streak finder (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/player_streak_finder.cgi), we decided to find out just how much.
To start, we looked at how many players had four-game streaks of 3 TDs/120+ rating. Only one quarterback did. Russell Wilson, and his streak is at five.
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/screen-shot-2015-12-22-at-10-15-54-am.png?w=1000&h=166

Clipper Nation
11-30-2016, 08:05 PM
College passing efficiency is an equally flawed stat for the same reasons as the NFL passer rating: overemphasizing completion percentage and playing it safe, underemphasizing yardage gained. Again, it favors game managers on stacked teams like Struggle while punishing QBs who have to do more.

Struggle has only set records because he's had a mega-stacked team around him from day one. If he was on the type of team that usually has a rookie quarterback starting for them, he would be on his way out of the league by now.

Clipper Nation
11-30-2016, 08:12 PM
Also, must be nice to only have to throw 30 times or less like Struggle did for all but one game of that "streak." Real franchise QBs like Rivers, Brees, and Big Ben are routinely asked to throw the ball 40, 50, even 60 times a game. Once again proving my point that all Struggle has to do is manage the game on a stacked team, and his passer rating is inflated by his meager role.

Avante
11-30-2016, 08:55 PM
Also, must be nice to only have to throw 30 times or less like Struggle did for all but one game of that "streak." Real franchise QBs like Rivers, Brees, and Big Ben are routinely asked to throw the ball 40, 50, even 60 times a game. Once again proving my point that all Struggle has to do is manage the game on a stacked team, and his passer rating is inflated by his meager role.

Do you ever take some time and do any homework slugger?

Compare passing attempts between Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson at the NCAA level, ok? Then compare passing attempts between Big Ben and RW their first five seasons, ok rookie?

Little man, this guy never sat on a bench, he walked right in and took over and all he's done was without a great gang of receives and a TE. No...Harrison and Wayne and Clark, no The Marks brothers or....Ray Berry, Lenny Moore and John Mackey all in the HOF. No Stallworth and Swann, no Bruce and Holt, no....Tom Fears and :"Crazy Legs" Hirsh. ok rookie?

Your...it's BEAST MODE....hahahahaha~~~~~~ Was that stupid or what?

Dude, how come you keep ignoring your Wentz is better than Prescott and Anderson is better than Newton, could it be because as usual you are...100% WRONG.

Russell Wilson is the best 4 years and 11 games QB we have seen and all the numbers back that up,ok rookie?

Notice that word.......HISTORY.

 Tweet Share on Twitter (https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Are%20Russell%20Wilson%27s%20first%20th ree%20years%20the%20best%20in%20NFL%20history%3F&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fieldgulls.com%2F2015%2F4%2F8 %2F8370581%2Fare-wilsons-first-3-years-the-best-in-nfl-history&via=FieldGulls)Share Share on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fieldgulls.com%2F201 5%2F4%2F8%2F8370581%2Fare-wilsons-first-3-years-the-best-in-nfl-history)Pin Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?description=Here+are+a+few+of+his+accomplishments .&media=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn0.vox-cdn.com%2Fthumbor%2FGnHd_qMGom8xS3NidaFcZO3yrLg%3D %2F0x272%3A5184x3188%2F1050x591%2Fcdn0.vox-cdn.com%2Fuploads%2Fchorus_image%2Fimage%2F4607957 2%2FGettyImages-464544880.0.jpg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fieldgulls.com%2F2015%2F4%2F8 %2F8370581%2Fare-wilsons-first-3-years-the-best-in-nfl-history)59 Comments (http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/4/8/8370581/are-wilsons-first-3-years-the-best-in-nfl-history#comments)⋆ Rec Recommend this Post 17

When considering the totality of Russell Wilson's accomplishments, they truly are amazing. True, there are some QB's with more yards, or more TD's, etc., but Wilson is ranked in the top 5 or top 10 of a wide variety of stats over his first three years. One could easily say that overall, Wilson has had the best first three years of any QB in NFL history. Here are a few of his accomplishments:

- Wilson is the first QB in NFL history with a passer rating of over 95.0 in each of his first three seasons.
- Wilson has 24 games with a passer rating of 100+ in his first three seasons...more than any other QB in NFL history. Flacco, Marino, and Palmer are tied for second with 19.
- Wilson leads all QB’s in the NFL over the last 3 years with 10- 4th quarter comebacks and 15- game-winning drives. No other QB in NFL history has ever done this in their first 3 years.
- He is one of only five players with at least 20 touchdown passes in each of first three seasons.
- Wilson is the first and only QB in the Super Bowl era to have average yards per attempt of 7.6 or better in each of his first three seasons.
- Wilson’s career yards per passing attempt of 7.9 is fourth-best of all QB’s since 1951.
- Wilson is ranked #1 in career postseason yards per attempt. His career average of 9.01 (min. 200 pass attempts) is the highest in NFL history.
- Wilson is the only QB in NFL history to appear in two SB's in his first three seasons.
- Wilson holds the record for most passing yards in a playoff game by a rookie QB with 385 yards. The old record was set in 1937 by Sammy Baugh with 335 yards...that record stood for 75 years.
- Wilson is ranked at #2 in all-time career passer rating (min. 1200 attempts) with a 98.6. Only Aaron Rodgers has a higher career passer rating.
- Wilson's passer rating of 98.6 for a player’s first 3 years is the best in NFL history.
- Including postseason, Wilson's passer rating of 98.5 for a player's first three years is the best in NFL history.
- Wilson's postseason passer rating of 97.8 in his first three years is the best in NFL history.
- Wilson’s career postseason passer rating of 97.8 (min. 200 attempts) is the 5th best in NFL history.
- Wilson's TD% of 5.8% in his first three years is the 2nd highest in NFL history; only Dan Marino is higher with 6.9%.
- Wilson's INT% of 2.1% in his first three years is the lowest of any QB in NFL history.
- Wilson is ranked #2 all-time with a career TD to INT ratio of 2.77 (min. 1200 attempts) behind only Rodgers.
- Wilson is ranked #3 all-time with a career INT rate of only 2.1%, behind only Rodgers and Brady.
- Wilson is the first and only QB in NFL history to throw for 300+ yards and run for 100+ yards (313 & 106) in the same game...against the Rams on 10-19-14.
- Only one QB in NFL history had more than one season with more than 20 TD passes and 10 or fewer interceptions in his first three seasons: Wilson, who has had three such seasons.
- His 72 touchdowns are the seventh-most ever through a player’s first three seasons.
- Including the postseason, Wilson has 84 passing TD's in his first three seasons, 4th-most in NFL history.
- Including the postseason, Wilson has 97 passing and rushing TD's in his first three seasons, 3rd-most in NFL history.
- Wilson is ranked #12 all-time for most passing yards by a QB in his first three years with 9950 yards.
- Including the postseason, Wilson is ranked #5 all-time for passing yards by a QB in his first three years with 11770 yards.
- Wilson is ranked #5 all-time for most total yards (passing + rushing) by a QB in his first three years with 11827 yards.
- Including the postseason, Wilson is ranked #2 all-time for most total yards (passing and rushing) by a QB in his first three years with 13902 yards.
- Wilson has the 2nd highest career yards per attempt in SB history with 9.85 yards, behind only Terry Bradshaw.
- Wilson has the 3rd highest career passer rating in SB history with a 117.39, behind only Joe Montana and Jim Plunkett.
- Wilson has the 6th highest career completion % in SB history with 65.22%.
- Wilson has the 4th highest yards per attempt in a SB game with 11.76 yards in SB49.
- Wilson's 1,877 rushing yards is second-most by a QB in the modern era through three seasons behind Cam Newton's 2,032 yards.
- Including the postseason, Wilson has the most rushing yards for a QB in NFL history in his first three seasons with 2132 yards.
- Wilson led all NFL rushers in 2014 with an average of 7.2 yards per carry.
- Wilson has a record of having had a lead at some point in 56 straight games since 2012...the old record was 45 games...Also, in those 56 games, Wilson has never lost an NFL game by more than 9 points.
- Wilson has won 36 games in his first 3 seasons; three more than any other QB in NFL history.
- Including the postseason, Wilson has won 42 games in his first three seasons; 6 more than any other QB in NFL history.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, are you just retarded?

Rookie, I've seen them all since the late 50's, nobody was more impressive starting out than this guy, ok?

Tell us all again about how Wentz is better than Prescott, hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, compare what RW has done vs others with the same 4 years and 11 games experience, ok guy? Look at what Rivers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben had done at the same stage of their career, ok rookie? Tell us what you find. RW has out played all of them, go ahead prove me wrong.

Obviously you won't being a lazy fuck.

Avante
12-05-2016, 03:59 AM
If ya saw the Seattle game tonight ya heard the name George Farmer mentioned. I don't think many know who this guy was. Coming out of Serra (Tom Brady, Lynn Swann) he was amazing, a huge star. Then off to USC and....hmmm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lsjnITk4zI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp6H9-ixH-Q

The Gemini Method
12-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Spur-Addict; Tough win for the Hawks. In meaning, losing the heart of the D in Earl Thomas is going to be hard to overcome in the long run. Some reports say 6 weeks for a possible return. I don't know if it'll be wise to rush him back in time for the 2nd round if that's the case. I think Terrell can be a serviceable replacement and couple that with Bennett returning, it may be salvaged for the remainder of the year. It will have to be determinant if the D can galvanize around each other and continue to be its usual sturdy self for the remainder of the year. Rawls looked pretty good in the return of Britt and the slow progression of the OL. I though Kearse and Lockett had pretty good game with Tyler being up to his 2015 production as both a returner and an offensive weapon. Probably need a couple more games before Bennett rounds into playing form. Wilson looks to be the healthiest he has been all season. I hope they can keep him that way for the duration of the season. With a trip up to frozen Green Bay next week, the Hawks then see no teams with a winning record in the last 3 with the Rams, Cardinals, and 49ers left on the schedule. It will be important to keep the 2nd Seed since 1st seems to be more or less a pipe dream. That will give them the 1st round bye to salve wounds and if they are to garner the service of ET by then, that would give him an extra week to rehab. Other than that, it looks like they can beat any team in the NFC. However, the inconsistencies of the year could also mean them losing in the playoffs to anyone as well.

Spur-Addict
12-19-2016, 02:43 PM
While I think we'll win the last two games The Gemini Method, (with a nail-biter against the Cards, and a decisive but gradual win over the niners) I think we pretty much are who we are right now. There will be no improvement across the board, which means the offensive line is what it is. Bad news is that every team in the playoff picture likes to move the ball down field by air quite a bit. Aside from Dallas for the most part, which sucks because Earl is gone. And with our line, you can't really get a ground-game going to combat that. But I think we have a lot to look forward to. A likely bye, and possibly one of our 3 toughest potential opponents losing in the first round. As crazy as this sounds (and no offense is intended to all the Dallas faithful), of all the teams out there, I'd rather play them.

The Falcons, The Giants, The Packers, and even the Bucs give great cause for pause. Especially seeing as how we lost to two of the four, and many will attempt to state that we lost to ATL, and it was close nonetheless.

-What's great is that it's an almost certainty that the Lions will lose at least one their last two games. And to be straight-up, I'm not sold on them. There isn't one win on their schedule that impresses me. And, they have the Cowboys and the surging Packers left on their schedule.

-The Falcons being a game back is great, and they have a New Orleans team in the last week of the season that on any day can beat anyone. So hopefully we just win out to kill any suspense. I do not want to see this team under any circumstances, they are one of the most scary teams in the NFL by far. Julio being banged up is certainly an issue for them, but if he's ready to go, I'd rather not be in their way. Too explosive for my liking, and they have multiple good wins, and close losses on their resume. No thank you.

-The Giants have only won a single important road game, but still tough. I'd like them to lose one of their last two games obviously, so I'm overly optimistic that Washington will pull through LOL. Their defense has been up-to-snuff, they beat Dallas twice, but only two of their opponents this year have scored 24 or more, and nobody has scored over 29 against them. They haven't figured out yet that Paul Perkins is their best running back, but if they do, they will be a real force. But they have a front-four that concerns me as our line is a problem.

-The Packers just gave us the business, in every facet. Although that game was an anomaly to the extent of the beating we took, it was decisive regardless. Good news is, if we have to play them, it highly likely will be in the Clink, so that ALWAYS helps. But they have weapons across the board, and an adequate enough defense to cause real problems. They can create pressure, which our line cannot handle that well. Dom Capers is a real strategist.

-The Bucs front-seven destroyed us. Yikes. There was nothing we could do, and, at home to boot. Six sacks, and only 245 yards of TOTAL offense. WTF. Jameis is the real-deal, but their offense was significantly slowed down in the second half so, that one sits squarely on the offense. Given the dominance of their front, seeing them again is an obvious concern. Plus, they have two other signature wins against the Falcons and Chiefs. Both of which were on the road. They're definitely not to be trifled with. That defense is top-notch right now. Last two games against the Saints and Panthers, I like Jameis, but please lose both.

-The Redskins beating the Giants and Packers was impressive, but that defense doesn't worry me one bit. I kind of view them as a lesser version of Green Bay, Detroit with a lesser defense. Although they did smack Green Bay this year, but lost to Detroit. I'd posit that if they saw Green Bay amidst this run they're on (even though G.B's loss to them began their run), it likely would've been a different story but I digress. Maybe I'm over hyping Green Bay as the only team they've beat on this run is us. TBD I guess.

-And that brings me to Dallas. With a Farm Plow of an offensive line. They run the hell out of the ball, that is for certain. And given the fact that we have a defensive line that is quicker rather than stout, this provides a critical point of concern. But for some odd reason, I just think we can beat them. I don't know what it is, I just feel that way. I never get these kinds of feelings, and perhaps I cannot convert it into logic, but nevertheless it is there. I guess for once I can understand how a woman thinks (J/K ladies). They have a good defense, but not a monster of a defense. Everything on that side is good, and not great. Plus, Dallas runs so effectively that they're relatively fresh quite often. It's truly a middling defense, with an over emphasis of being good against the run and bad against the pass for obvious reasons. Dak is good right now but he doesn't scare me to quite truthful, he just doesn't. But when you have all the time in the world, people get open. Signature wins against Tampa, G.B, Pittsburgh, and Washington twice.

-We're not that far off in rushing defense comparatively to the Giants, and all of that given with the fact that we were missing key components all year. Granted, not having Earl is a major loss. But, I think that will mainly be missed in the deep and middle secondary where Dallas is less likely to spend excessive time. And aside from Dez, I'm not particularly threatened by any of their receiving options.

-Despite our offensive line woes, we're still top ten in the league in rushing, all that with the shit-show of a beginning to the year. A big chunk of that can be attributed to the amount of attempts we have per game, so in reality, we're actually a middling rushing team. But that's OK. Slightly above the average in passing team as well, but that also feeds into attempts, and, we have to also factor in the O-Line in both.

-I think we have the advantage on Special Teams, Defense, and at QB. I think we have better receiving options overall. Dallas clearly has the better RB and OL. But something tells me that the lack of elite pass rushing will be a major boon for us in a potential matchup. For a team that gets thrown against quite frequently, that sack total is paltry. Likewise, is the amount of interceptions. They can force fumbles damn well though so that's a major bright spot. But, they haven't given up much points this year, but how much of that is due to the offense? That defense feels similar to New England's the more I think about it. They don't do much, but they don't give up much. And we beat N.E. In a grind-it-out game, if we can give their ground game trouble (or even just get up early), I like our chances.

The Gemini Method
12-19-2016, 02:51 PM
While I think we'll win the last two games The Gemini Method (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15989), (with a nail-biter against the Cards, and a decisive but gradual win over the niners) I think we pretty much are who we are right now. There will be no improvement across the board, which means the offensive line is what it is. Bad news is that every team in the playoff picture likes to move the ball down field by air quite a bit. Aside from Dallas for the most part, which sucks because Earl is gone. And with our line, you can't really get a ground-game going to combat that. But I think we have a lot to look forward to. A likely bye, and possibly one of our 3 toughest potential opponents losing in the first round. As crazy as this sounds (and no offense is intended to all the Dallas faithful), of all the teams out there, I'd rather play them.

The Falcons, The Giants, The Packers, and even the Bucs give great cause for pause. Especially seeing as how we lost to two of the four, and many will attempt to state that we lost to ATL, and it was close nonetheless.

-What's great is that it's an almost certainty that the Lions will lose at least one their last two games. And to be straight-up, I'm not sold on them. There isn't one win on their schedule that impresses me. And, they have the Cowboys and the surging Packers left on their schedule.

-The Falcons being a game back is great, and they have a New Orleans team in the last week of the season that on any day can beat anyone. So hopefully we just win out to kill any suspense. I do not want to see this team under any circumstances, they are one of the most scary teams in the NFL by far. Julio being banged up is certainly an issue for them, but if he's ready to go, I'd rather not be in their way. Too explosive for my liking, and they have multiple good wins, and close losses on their resume. No thank you.

-The Giants have only won a single important road game, but still tough. I'd like them to lose one of their last two games obviously, so I'm overly optimistic that Washington will pull through LOL. Their defense has been up-to-snuff, they beat Dallas twice, but only two of their opponents this year have scored 24 or more, and nobody has scored over 29 against them. They haven't figured out yet that Paul Perkins is their best running back, but if they do, they will be a real force. But they have a front-four that concerns me as our line is a problem.

-The Packers just gave us the business, in every facet. Although that game was an anomaly to the extent of the beating we took, it was decisive regardless. Good news is, if we have to play them, it highly likely will be in the Clink, so that ALWAYS helps. But they have weapons across the board, and an adequate enough defense to cause real problems. They can create pressure, which our line cannot handle that well. Dom Capers is a real strategist.

-The Bucs front-seven destroyed us. Yikes. There was nothing we could do, and, at home to boot. Six sacks, and only 245 yards of TOTAL offense. WTF. Jameis is the real-deal, but their offense was significantly slowed down in the second half so, that one sits squarely on the offense. Given the dominance of their front, seeing them again is an obvious concern. Plus, they have two other signature wins against the Falcons and Chiefs. Both of which were on the road. They're definitely not to be trifled with. That defense is top-notch right now. Last two games against the Saints and Panthers, I like Jameis, but please lose both.

-The Redskins beating the Giants and Packers was impressive, but that defense doesn't worry me one bit. I kind of view them as a lesser version of Green Bay, Detroit with a lesser defense. Although they did smack Green Bay this year, but lost to Detroit. I'd posit that if they saw Green Bay amidst this run they're on (even though G.B's loss to them began their run), it likely would've been a different story but I digress. Maybe I'm over hyping Green Bay as the only team they've beat on this run is us. TBD I guess.

-And that brings me to Dallas. With a Farm Plow of an offensive line. They run the hell out of the ball, that is for certain. And given the fact that we have a defensive line that is quicker rather than stout, this provides a critical point of concern. But for some odd reason, I just think we can beat them. I don't know what it is, I just feel that way. I never get these kinds of feelings, and perhaps I cannot convert it into logic, but nevertheless it is there. I guess for once I can understand how a woman thinks (J/K ladies). They have a good defense, but not a monster of a defense. Everything on that side is good, and not great. Plus, Dallas runs so effectively that they're relatively fresh quite often. It's truly a middling defense, with an over emphasis of being good against the run and bad against the pass for obvious reasons. Dak is good right now but he doesn't scare me to quite truthful, he just doesn't. But when you have all the time in the world, people get open. Signature wins against Tampa, G.B, Pittsburgh, and Washington twice.

-We're not that far off in rushing defense comparatively to the Giants, and all of that given with the fact that we were missing key components all year. Granted, not having Earl is a major loss. But, I think that will mainly be missed in the deep and middle secondary where Dallas is less likely to spend excessive time. And aside from Dez, I'm not particularly threatened by any of their receiving options.

-Despite our offensive line woes, we're still top ten in the league in rushing, all that with the shit-show of a beginning to the year. A big chunk of that can be attributed to the amount of attempts we have per game, so in reality, we're actually a middling rushing team. But that's OK. Slightly above the average in passing team as well, but that also feeds into attempts, and, we have to also factor in the O-Line in both.

-I think we have the advantage on Special Teams, Defense, and at QB. I think we have better receiving options overall. Dallas clearly has the better RB and OL. But something tells me that the lack of elite pass rushing will be a major boon for us in a potential matchup. For a team that gets thrown against quite frequently, that sack total is paltry. Likewise, is the amount of interceptions. They can force fumbles damn well though so that's a major bright spot. But, they haven't given up much points this year, but how much of that is due to the offense? That defense feels similar to New England's the more I think about it. They don't do much, but they don't give up much. And we beat N.E. In a grind-it-out game, if we can give their ground game trouble (or even just get up early), I like our chances. Follow the Giants' blueprint of pressuring Dak seems to be how you beat the cowboys for sure. I think we do win the last two games. The Cardinals gave up a ton of yards to the Saints. They have nothing to play for, so that could be a dangerous spot. I don't know how the playoffs will look. I hope the Hawks get the 2nd seed because the bye and HFA for the 2nd round could mean the difference between the NFCG or going home in January for the 2nd straight season. This team is so interestingly weird this year. Gotta get some more consistency from the O.

Avante
12-19-2016, 04:58 PM
Thomas Rawls
Jimmy Graham
Tyler Locett....legit game breaker
Javon Kearse
Doug Baldwin

That is as good a gang of play makers since RW has been a Seahawk. Now add....George Farmer and that Prosise kid coming back. And there is no team in the NFC that has played in as many playoff games as the Seahawks since 2012.