PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cancelo Alvarez vacates WBC title to avoid GGG...feels the wrath of boxing fans

Thebesteva
05-18-2016, 07:39 PM
Hmmm...what's the words I'm looking for Kobe?

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/15598415/canelo-alvarez-vacates-wbc-title-deadline-looming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWUlNzBdpUo

djohn2oo8
05-18-2016, 07:40 PM
:lol Messcans were hyping this nigga as the next great

Thebesteva
05-18-2016, 07:42 PM
:lol Messcans were hyping this nigga as the next great

:lol I forgot to mention by vacating his WBC GGG is now the new champion. Chickeno Alvarez...lol

05-18-2016, 08:06 PM
B:lolxing

Clipper Nation
05-18-2016, 08:36 PM
:lol Alvarez
:lol Pacquiao
:lol Biggest duckers in the history of boxing

spurraider21
05-18-2016, 09:24 PM
it's not a dodge though, they're still going to fight

TheGreatYacht
05-18-2016, 09:32 PM
Learning from the best at ducking

:lol Flomos

05-18-2016, 10:08 PM
That's what I got from the article as well

LakerHater
05-18-2016, 10:17 PM
I didnt read duck?

TheGreatYacht
05-18-2016, 10:27 PM
Canelo vacated so he's not forced to fight at 160, Tbh.

Without the WBC up his ass, now he can negotiate the fight however he wants. If Golovkin wants it he's gonna have to come down

Mitch
05-18-2016, 10:41 PM
Casual boxing fan's worst nightmare, tbh

Trill Clinton
05-18-2016, 10:46 PM
so he's dropping the belt so they can't force him into a deadline, which is supposed to help with negotiations?:lol

canelo is trying to get ggg to come down to 155, which ggg and his team won't agree to. this is just a spin move to show the public they tried to make the fight happen. man we need floyd to come back to save us!
Ashy Larry

apalisoc_9
05-18-2016, 10:47 PM
If this fight doesnt happen in septmeber...fuck!..

TheGreatYacht
05-18-2016, 10:51 PM
Floyd? Save you?

Who you think taught Canelo how to delay fights till a MF is washed? :lol

apalisoc_9
05-18-2016, 11:03 PM
Fights not going to happen. Canelo is a pussy. Dela hoya learned from Mayweather promotions. All I hear from GBP is the same shit Floyd would spew. Fight filler fights and wait for them to get washed up and then fight.

Boxing will be deadnin 20 years. Hopefully, dead in 10

Ashy Larry
05-20-2016, 12:37 AM
I knew it would play out like this. Baby Suliman, of the WBC, should be applauded. Usually I'd say fuck a sanctioning body but the WBC should receive major props for pulling GBP ho card and saying fight Golovkin.

GGG did everything right. Shut the fuck up, fought for the interim WBC 160 belt making him the number one contender, beat the shit outta Soto Karass and stepped aside to watch Cotto run to Canelo and fight. Then step aside again and take a manditory title fight against Wade. Told Canelo to Bring me my belt and that's just what Canelo did. WBC said we're gonna give you 15 days and Oscar comes out and say we won't be dictated to. Now they could have dropped it because of the 55-45 purse split but that could easily be worked out. There's no reason why this fight shouldn't go down in September unless Oscar is trying to add another year to Golovkin's age.

Personally I think Golovkin may look to mop up Billy Joe Saunders, gank the WBO strap and move up. I don't think it's Canelo per se; I think it's Oscar. Because other than Canelo and possibly Jo Jo Diaz, that stable is empty. Al Haymon fighters were fighting on GBP cards for years then once he and Schaffer fell out, all the Haymon fighters left leaving him with just Canelo. He's not trying to lose that meal ticket.

Ashy Larry
05-20-2016, 12:46 AM
so he's dropping the belt so they can't force him into a deadline, which is supposed to help with negotiations?:lol

canelo is trying to get ggg to come down to 155, which ggg and his team won't agree to. this is just a spin move to show the public they tried to make the fight happen. man we need floyd to come back to save us!
Ashy Larry (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19280)

And i don't blame Golovkin. I would only drain myself for Floyd if I'm going to 54 because I know Floyd couldn't hurt me and working like hell to lose those extra six pounds would be worth it on the check he would likely receive. Going in there drained against a puncher like Canelo give Canelo an obvious advantage. Plus the title is the middleweight championship. If Canelo wants to come in at 155, he can. Golovkin should be able to come in at 159.6

spurraider21
05-20-2016, 02:23 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2957518/you-salty-o.gif

apalisoc_9
05-20-2016, 12:10 PM
Dela hoya been foul mouthing Mayweather and here he is pulling a more obvious ducking move :lmao

UZER
05-20-2016, 12:22 PM
It's not a duck, yet, but the weight is gonna be an issue. If it doesn't happen becuase he insists GGG comes down to 155, then that's some seriously weak bull ish.

The Gemini Method
05-20-2016, 12:56 PM
I don't know much about boxing, but why don't they meet at a catch weight?

Kawhitstorm
05-20-2016, 01:47 PM
Personally I think Golovkin may look to mop up Billy Joe Saunders, gank the WBO strap and move up.

GGG should fight the winner of Ward/Kovalev:wakeup

Ashy Larry
05-20-2016, 06:28 PM
Dela hoya been foul mouthing Mayweather and here he is pulling a more obvious ducking move :lmao

Funny thing about that is Oscar never ducked anyone. Dude fought damn near everyone. Canelo is his meal ticket. Milk him for a few more PPVs before he get in there with Golovkin. Good business, bad for boxing.

Ashy Larry
05-20-2016, 06:32 PM
It's not a duck, yet, but the weight is gonna be an issue. If it doesn't happen becuase he insists GGG comes down to 155, then that's some seriously weak bull ish.

agreed. Plus Canelo rehydrates to 168-70 anyways. If there is a catcheeight it should at where BOTH parties are comfortable. I prefer no CW but 158 would be fine.

Ashy Larry
05-20-2016, 06:35 PM

Thats what GBP want. WBC says Canelo is the MIDDLEWEIGHT champ. Why should Golovkin fight for a title at 160 at a junior middleweight limit? Golovkin says 160 because you're the middleweight champ. Meet in the middle. 158 lbs.

Ashy Larry
05-20-2016, 06:42 PM

cats might be too big for GGG. Coming from 175 to 68 damn near killed Chad Dawson when he fought Andre Ward. Ward would probably come down especially if Golovkin moves up but it's about that check and SOG don't make people's dicks get hard. He'll want the lion's share when he don't have that following.

Kawhitstorm
05-20-2016, 07:26 PM
cats might be too big for GGG. Coming from 175 to 68 damn near killed Chad Dawson when he fought Andre Ward. Ward would probably come down especially if Golovkin moves up but it's about that check and SOG don't make people's dicks get hard. He'll want the lion's share when he don't have that following.

You can't have your cake & eat it too. If GGG could fill up an arena then fighters would come flocking, it's not like Canelo didn't fight Floyd when he was undefeated.:lol

Tito didn't have problems securing fights when he was in his prime & even then moved up weight classes chasing the best fighters including Hopkins who nobody wanted to fight nor filled up the seats.

Ashy Larry
05-20-2016, 09:44 PM
You can't have your cake & eat it too. If GGG could fill up an arena then fighters would come flocking, it's not like Canelo didn't fight Floyd when he was undefeated.:lol

Tito didn't have problems securing fights when he was in his prime & even then moved up weight classes chasing the best fighters including Hopkins who nobody wanted to fight nor filled up the seats.

thing is he would be going up two huge weight classes. There's a difference in going up from 54 to 60 than 60 to 75. And Tito never had problems securing fights because he had a country behind him and was a popular draw. Easy money for Trinidad. Boxing is huge in the Caribbean. Don't know about Kazakhstan. And 160ers aren't tying to fight this dude. Sergio didn't because he was injured. Cotto said himself he's not a 160er even though he was the lineal champ and Canelo just dropped his title because he didn't wanna be forced to face him. Props to Macklin, Geale, Stevens and Rosado for having the balls to sac up and take that beating.

Kawhitstorm
05-20-2016, 10:18 PM
thing is he would be going up two huge weight classes. There's a difference in going up from 54 to 60 than 60 to 75.

Tito moved up TWO weight classes (140 to 160) in less than 2 years: beat DLH at Welterweight, Vargas at Light Middleweight & Joppy at Middleweight.

And Tito never had problems securing fights because he had a country behind him and was a popular draw. Easy money for Trinidad. Boxing is huge in the Caribbean. Don't know about Kazakhstan. And 160ers aren't tying to fight this dude.

That's my point, no one is trying to fight him b/c it won't result in fat check rather than him simply being the "most dangerous fighter"; it's a lose-lose just like him fighting Ward at 175.

It's either he fights Canelo at a catch-weight or builds up his fans base. He has no leverage to have his cake & eat it too.

jimbo
05-21-2016, 09:19 PM

That's what Canelo wanted to do by dropping the belt. He likes to fight at 155 because he still thinks of himself at a 154 pounder.

jimbo
05-21-2016, 09:24 PM
I knew it would play out like this. Baby Suliman, of the WBC, should be applauded. Usually I'd say fuck a sanctioning body but the WBC should receive major props for pulling GBP ho card and saying fight Golovkin.

GGG did everything right. Shut the fuck up, fought for the interim WBC 160 belt making him the number one contender, beat the shit outta Soto Karass and stepped aside to watch Cotto run to Canelo and fight. Then step aside again and take a manditory title fight against Wade. Told Canelo to Bring me my belt and that's just what Canelo did. WBC said we're gonna give you 15 days and Oscar comes out and say we won't be dictated to. Now they could have dropped it because of the 55-45 purse split but that could easily be worked out. There's no reason why this fight shouldn't go down in September unless Oscar is trying to add another year to Golovkin's age.

Personally I think Golovkin may look to mop up Billy Joe Saunders, gank the WBO strap and move up. I don't think it's Canelo per se; I think it's Oscar. Because other than Canelo and possibly Jo Jo Diaz, that stable is empty. Al Haymon fighters were fighting on GBP cards for years then once he and Schaffer fell out, all the Haymon fighters left leaving him with just Canelo. He's not trying to lose that meal ticket.

Zero % chance GGG moves up. He's just not a guy that takes a lot of risks. (Best fighter he's ever fought in the pros Geale for fucks sake...) He moves up, Ward would move back down just to beat his ass. He won't let that happen.

I wouldn't give GGG anything close to a 55-45 split if I'm Canelo. Canelo took his lumps when he fought Mayweather and Cotto. Played the B side to Cotto even though he didn't have to. He's earned the right to make his demands. GGG hasn't fought anyone of note, yet he thought he could bully Ward around because he can fill the staples center and can sell like 50k ppvs or whatever pathetic number he did against Lemeiux.

I like the guy, I just wish he'd be more willing to move around weight classes to get real fights done. I didn't even watch his last fight because everyone and their mom knew what was gonna happen. He fights cans and blows em up. Who cares?

There's plenty of guys he can fight at 154 and 168 that'd be interesting, why does the dude just stick to middleweight? Floyd moved up for De La Hoya and Pacquiao fought fucking Margarito for fucks sake...

jimbo
05-21-2016, 09:34 PM
:lol I forgot to mention by vacating his WBC GGG is now the new champion. Chickeno Alvarez...lol

:lol I don't understand how a fake internet doctor can call anyone anything

Ashy Larry
05-21-2016, 11:38 PM
Tito moved up TWO weight classes (140 to 160) in less than 2 years: beat DLH at Welterweight, Vargas at Light Middleweight & Joppy at Middleweight.

That's my point, no one is trying to fight him b/c it won't result in fat check rather than him simply being the "most dangerous fighter"; it's a lose-lose just like him fighting Ward at 175.

It's either he fights Canelo at a catch-weight or builds up his fans base. He has no leverage to have his cake & eat it too.

his fan base is pretty solid. He's sold out three times in LA and once in New York. PPV numbers were really shaky for his first time out. I blame that on K2 and GBP. Now I have no problem in with him fighting Kovalev or Ward if he moves up the same way Tito did. You could be looking at rehydration around 185-88, possibly 190. But definitely not after a possible Canelo fight in September. Like to see how he'd look versus a tricky James DeGale at 68. And if he fights Canelo at a CW it has to be fair for both. Maybe around 57-58. Canelo does have the most leverage but you can't be dicked around.

Ashy Larry
05-21-2016, 11:48 PM
Zero % chance GGG moves up. He's just not a guy that takes a lot of risks. (Best fighter he's ever fought in the pros Geale for fucks sake...) He moves up, Ward would move back down just to beat his ass. He won't let that happen.

I wouldn't give GGG anything close to a 55-45 split if I'm Canelo. Canelo took his lumps when he fought Mayweather and Cotto. Played the B side to Cotto even though he didn't have to. He's earned the right to make his demands. GGG hasn't fought anyone of note, yet he thought he could bully Ward around because he can fill the staples center and can sell like 50k ppvs or whatever pathetic number he did against Lemeiux.

I like the guy, I just wish he'd be more willing to move around weight classes to get real fights done. I didn't even watch his last fight because everyone and their mom knew what was gonna happen. He fights cans and blows em up. Who cares?

There's plenty of guys he can fight at 154 and 168 that'd be interesting, why does the dude just stick to middleweight? Floyd moved up for De La Hoya and Pacquiao fought fucking Margarito for fucks sake...

macklin and Rosado were pretty solid. He's mopped up 4-10 top middleweights. Martinez or Cotto didn't wanna get in there with him. We'll see about Canelo. And I have no problem if he stays at 160. Hagler was at 160 for his entire career. Difference is he had guys constantly moving up to fight him. Now at 54, they'll have to break that Showtime/HBO barrier. Many of the top 154ers are with Haymon and Showtime. Hell, even DeGale at 68, I think is with Showtime. Badou Jack also. Not as many fights as we like to think. And it wasn't too hard for Floyd and Manny to move up with the checks they were receiving. Floyd got 25M for being the B side which is unheard of.

jimbo
05-22-2016, 04:03 AM
macklin and Rosado were pretty solid. He's mopped up 4-10 top middleweights. Martinez or Cotto didn't wanna get in there with him. We'll see about Canelo. And I have no problem if he stays at 160. Hagler was at 160 for his entire career. Difference is he had guys constantly moving up to fight him. Now at 54, they'll have to break that Showtime/HBO barrier. Many of the top 154ers are with Haymon and Showtime. Hell, even DeGale at 68, I think is with Showtime. Badou Jack also. Not as many fights as we like to think. And it wasn't too hard for Floyd and Manny to move up with the checks they were receiving. Floyd got 25M for being the B side which is unheard of.

Rosado has proven he wasn't anything. It's disingenuous to call him at top 10 guy. More disingenuous than saying that Cotto beat the #1 lineal MW champ and then turned around and knocked out the best guy GGG fought just one round after GGG did. That's how weak the MW division is honestly. Cotto was on the decline, he goes up to middleweight and then becomes a stud. For example, I really think Lara would be a dominant guy in that division. There's a whole lot less pressure fighters than there are in the lower weights.

Canelo is more than willing to step in the ring with GGG, just not at 160. He wants to fight at 155. It's like Mayweather said, GGG needs Canelo more than Canelo needs GGG. Canelo's got a ton of options available to him. GGG has next to nothing if he's not willing to move up or down in weight. I think at this point he wants to be recognized as the clear A side and he's being disrespected that they aren't letting him have it. (That was a big deal for Cotto during the Canelo/Cotto negotiations. It's why Canelo let him have it. Cotto had earned it.) He did the same thing when the Ward fight could have been a possibility after Ward got over his promoter problems. The moment negotiations became serious, he demands more than 50-50 and says Ward isn't relevant out of California. The fuck? Where do you think your biggest fanbase located at dude? Ward has earned a lot of respect with what he's done in boxing. Won a gold medal. Completely cleared out his [stacked] division. Beat the lineal champ of the division above him. Hasn't lost a fight since he was a teenager. If Ward asks for 50-50 and a fight in the Staples Center (lets just say he bends a little), you jump at it.

You can break the Haymon barrier, GGG just has next to no interest in doing it. He has literally never given up his bargaining position which just pisses me off. It's just so selfish. It's a big "fuck you" to the fans. Ward is getting a fight made with Kovalev for fucks sake and you're telling me that GGG can't put together anything better than Lemieux/Geale? Lara would be the easiest fight that would establish that he's a legitimate guy, but his manager just mocked Lara whenever the fight was brought up. Canelo went out there and fought him. Sure he's with Haymon, but he's also been willing to take scraps to get a big fight made. Shit, Andy Lee would be a fight that would be really fun for the fans. Where's that fight at? Bernard Hopkins would have a decent fight even if you think Hopkins is washed up. (Kovalev can make a lot of people look washed up though...) He called out GGG. Nothing ever materialized. GGG doesn't want to move up in weight unless he's getting Froch or Chavez Jr (which is another fight that probably should happen for the sake of SOMETHING happening, not that it would be a good fight). I think he's in a situation like Pacquiao where he just says "yes massa" to whatever Loeffler says. He did the same thing for the early years of his pro career and it's part of the reason he's not as famous as he could be. He's being seriously mismanaged.

I just think there's a pattern here with GGG. A couple guys refuse to fight him? Okay they're ducking him. But when every big name fighter refuses to fight him...even the old guys that have nothing to lose, you've gotta think there's gotta be something wrong with the way he's negotiating. Look at how much he's making when he fights these cans on ESPN. 3 mil a fight. You know he's gotta be asking for the house when he's trying to fight one of the big name guys. He's looked good against those cans, but nothing unbeatable. Nothing we've never seen before. Looked hittable against Monroe Jr in the pocket. A pain in the ass in the mid range. But still, someone has to think they've got something for him. There is 0% chance that every boxer is afraid of him. This is these dude's careers. Most of em are in it for the money. They can be paid off. (Shit, GGG himself has been paid off a few times to keep the WBC belt away from him) GGG just won't do it.

I don't understand how you can't be mad at GGG if you're a fan of boxing. Like do you honestly enjoy watching him steamroll through nobodies? It pisses me off more than Mayweather honestly. I just want to see him fight someone good, but he just won't give up position to make it happen. Not even once. Mayweather at least always fought the top level guys, even though he didn't always fight the hot guy at the moment. I don't understand why GGG cares so much about the belts. As a fan belts don't mean jack shit to me.

I know I'm ramblin like Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483), but I really love boxing and just hate that this dude is wasting his prime trying to unify the belts. He's a potentially historic fighter just wasting it all away.

jimbo
05-22-2016, 04:33 AM
his fan base is pretty solid. He's sold out three times in LA and once in New York. PPV numbers were really shaky for his first time out. I blame that on K2 and GBP. Now I have no problem in with him fighting Kovalev or Ward if he moves up the same way Tito did. You could be looking at rehydration around 185-88, possibly 190. But definitely not after a possible Canelo fight in September. Like to see how he'd look versus a tricky James DeGale at 68. And if he fights Canelo at a CW it has to be fair for both. Maybe around 57-58. Canelo does have the most leverage but you can't be dicked around.

GGG is smaller than Canelo, he doesn't really cut much. You've seen those pictures he's posted weeks out right? I think 155 is fair for the biggest fight that GGG can make. Shit if Canelo can make 152 (albeit he looked terrible), GGG can make 155.

It wasn't really fair of Canelo to ask GGG to move down that much in weight when they were fighting for the belt, but just a non-title fight? Seems fine to me.

Thebesteva
05-22-2016, 01:43 PM
It still hurts :cry

Ashy Larry
05-22-2016, 10:47 PM
GGG is smaller than Canelo, he doesn't really cut much. You've seen those pictures he's posted weeks out right? I think 155 is fair for the biggest fight that GGG can make. Shit if Canelo can make 152 (albeit he looked terrible), GGG can make 155.

It wasn't really fair of Canelo to ask GGG to move down that much in weight when they were fighting for the belt, but just a non-title fight? Seems fine to me.

for the 160 title I agree but not for the title those extra five pounds can be a bitch. Look at Oscar when he had to get that weight off to fight Manny at 47. Dude looked like a crackhead. I also agree with the previous post. The middleweight division is really thin. If Golovkin moves up, what's delicious at 68? Maybe DeGale but that really don't get anyone that excited.

I think someone from 54 would have to come up. Lara but he needs someone to make him fight. His last scrap versus Vanes wasn't good on the eyes. Lara needs someone who's gonna present that constant pressure like his fight with Angulo. That was a great performance by Lara even while getting dropped twice, a fight I attended.

Canelo does have all the leverage. GGG should give him what he wants in the purse department while standing firm on the weight. No lower than 58. I'd drain myself for a fight with Floyd. I wouldn't for Canelo. People hate Floyd so much, they'd pay to see GGG kick his ass. 1M buys easily.

webshad
05-23-2016, 01:01 AM

Kovalev too big for GGG.

Rather Chickenson should fight Kovalev. Props to Pascal to taking 2 fights with Kovalev.

Ashy Larry
05-23-2016, 10:07 AM
Kovalev too big for GGG.

Rather Chickenson should fight Kovalev. Props to Pascal to taking 2 fights with Kovalev.

i love that dude. Went into Pascal's backyard not once but twice and kicked the cowboy shit out of him.

spurraider21
06-23-2016, 01:31 PM
A lot of low iq posters