Good shit tbh :tu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11hSGh3JLDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVAT8iVwtY

AlexJones
05-18-2016, 10:21 PM
They oughta do a 30 for 30 on Koolaid, Thread and Luva tbh

~O~
05-18-2016, 10:26 PM
Nice find. I still haven't watched it. I'll just download it from Bittorrent.

ViceCity86
05-18-2016, 10:26 PM
If Shaq stayed,plus a new coach,I do think they topple the Bulls in 98.

Thebesteva
05-18-2016, 10:28 PM
That was an awesome documentary. I forgot how many former Lakers were former Magic players aka Shaw/Grant/Shaq

DMC
05-18-2016, 10:34 PM
Rigged lottery lol.

Thread
05-18-2016, 11:03 PM
I find these 30/30's tedious.

lefty
05-18-2016, 11:18 PM

With that shitty bench?

No way

DMC
05-19-2016, 12:13 AM
I find these 30/30's tedious.
I can't watch anything about the Orlando Magic, for some reason. Didn't watch the other either.

Caltex2
05-19-2016, 12:24 AM

I don't think so but the road is cleared for the next 10-12 years if he retires at the same time. Even if Penny breaks down, an equivalent could have been found, possibly even Kobe who may not have developed the same without Shaq.

Caltex2
05-19-2016, 12:26 AM
Rigged lottery lol.

Divine intervention. One single ping-pong ball and they win? What are the odds?

lefty
05-19-2016, 01:47 AM
:lmao Sixers picking Bradley but not C-Webb

:lol and what was Skiles thinking, going at Shaq?

Caltex2
05-19-2016, 04:17 AM
Come on, Bradley was on Space Jam...Space Jam! He had his talent stolen by the Monstars.

On a serious note, it's not as bad as it sounds, especially at the time and Bradley lasted 12-13 seasons, getting posterized regularly.

Killakobe81
05-19-2016, 06:38 AM
Come on, Bradley was on Space Jam...Space Jam! He had his talent stolen by the Monstars.

On a serious note, it's not as bad as it sounds, especially at the time and Bradley lasted 12-13 seasons, getting posterized regularly.

Nah you cant justify that ...
Granted, I got swept up in the Fab 5 hype ...
But Cwebb was a beast in college ...
No way do i pick Bradley over him even if had a PF in place ...
Even though initially the Magic were wise to take Penny (who i also loved)
You should take the BPA in 99 out of 100 times unless it's REALLY close but it hardly ever is

daslicer
05-19-2016, 09:12 AM

The magic drafted Webber at number 1 and the Warriors drafted Penny at 3. The magic traded Webber for Penny. There was no way the Sixers could have drafted Webber.

Reck
05-19-2016, 09:21 AM
I saw it was on Netflix so I might check it out.

UZER
05-19-2016, 09:42 AM
ESPN is running out of ideas.

Killakobe81
05-19-2016, 09:51 AM
The magic drafted Webber at number 1 and the Warriors drafted Penny at 3. The magic traded Webber for Penny. There was no way the Sixers could have drafted Webber.

true story ... but they could have drafted Penny (who Orlando wanted ) and swapped with Magic instead.

daslicer
05-19-2016, 09:56 AM
true story ... but they could have drafted Penny (who Orlando wanted ) and swapped with Magic instead.

Yeah I get the hypothetical situation but nobody knows even if the Magic bothered to contact the Sixers. Whose to say that the Sixers would have cooperated with the Magic and drafted Penny and then agreed to trade for Webber. Maybe the Sixers end up liking Penny and decide to keep him.

lefty
05-19-2016, 10:20 AM

I meant Penny tbh :lol

The Gemini Method
05-19-2016, 10:52 AM
Lefty erring on that one.

I liked the documentary. It was pretty sad to see the career arc of Penny trend downwards because of his injuries. However, his follow-up story of taking over a Memphis area H.S. team after his best friend died from cancer was a pretty inspirational story. That he was able to lead that team in his friend's absentia was quite remarkable.

Thread
05-19-2016, 10:54 AM
Lefty erring on that one.

I liked the documentary. It was pretty sad to see the career arc of Penny trend downwards because of his injuries. However, his follow-up story of taking over a Memphis area H.S. team after his best friend died from cancer was a pretty inspirational story. That he was able to lead that team in his friend's absentia was quite remarkable.

There was a rather quiet, but, nonetheless seminal moment in Hardaway's career arc. When he forbid Skiles to assume the PG mantle, leaving the SG to himself. Big mistake.

Caltex2
05-19-2016, 12:30 PM

The ideas are endless, they're just now about to get around to Phi Slama Jama. They haven't touched a number of things actually.

baseline bum
05-19-2016, 12:57 PM

They need to do one on Fredo

Thread
05-19-2016, 01:03 PM
They need to do one on Fredo

Those 2 rings (up against one another) will be difficult to scoot around.

ESPN don't do "difficult."

tee, hee.

UZER
05-19-2016, 01:52 PM
The ideas are endless, they're just now about to get around to Phi Slama Jama. They haven't touched a number of things actually.

Fair enough. Just think the Magic team wasn't necessary.

Sean Cagney
05-19-2016, 01:53 PM
Good shit.

ambchang
05-19-2016, 08:01 PM

The magic actually officially drafted Webber, so he wasn't available when sixers picked. Hardaway was an unknown at that time, and Bradley was supposedly their rare talent who's a 7'6" centre with ball handling and agility, like a healthy Ralph Sampson

lefty
05-19-2016, 08:15 PM
The magic actually officially drafted Webber, so he wasn't available when sixers picked. Hardaway was an unknown at that time, and Bradley was supposedly their rare talent who's a 7'6" centre with ball handling and agility, like a healthy Ralph Sampson

I meant Penny tbh

UZER
05-19-2016, 09:24 PM
Orlando was the first team to do the over top, loud, annoying arena sound effects, music, etc. that every team does now.

lefty
05-19-2016, 09:31 PM
Orlando was the first team to do the over top, loud, annoying arena sound effects, music, etc. that every team does now.

*Destruction sound

Shaquiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiille O'Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaal

From Penny Hardaway way way way way way

Swept for the 3rd straight year

UZER
05-19-2016, 09:37 PM
*Destruction sound

Shaquiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiille O'Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaal

From Penny Hardaway way way way way way

Swept for the 3rd straight year

Exactly.

They were also the first team I can remember that got so much hype, unearned praise and love by the media when they hadn't even accomplished anything yet. It was the beginning of the new hype media in that level in sports.

lefty
05-19-2016, 09:38 PM
Exactly.

They were also the first team I can remember that got so much hype, unearned praise and love by the media when they hadn't even accomplished anything yet. It was the beginning of the new hype media in sports.
Agreed

tbh if only those fuckers had a bench

:lol Jeff Turner
:lol Brooks Thompson
:lol Donald Royal
:lolAnthony Bowie
:lol Tree pumpfaked Rollins

Thread
05-19-2016, 10:09 PM
Exactly.

They were also the first team I can remember that got so much hype, unearned praise and love by the media when they hadn't even accomplished anything yet. It was the beginning of the new hype media in that level in sports.

Mark the spot, Thursday nite, 8:08 Phoenix time,,,Ooze made a cogent point.

Congratulations, you're now a man.

baseline bum
05-24-2016, 05:40 PM
So much butthurt out of the Orlando GM in that documentary. He didn't want to pay Shaq and Jerry West did, I don't blame O'Neal for moving on to a franchise serious about winning. It was win-win anyways, Orlando fan didn't want to pay Shaq what he was worth so he got it elsewhere.

lefty
05-24-2016, 09:15 PM
WTF happened to Pat Williams

He got so fat damn

chunticakes
05-25-2016, 07:26 PM
Just watched it. I feel sad now.

Thread
05-25-2016, 07:42 PM

He got so fat damn

Was he the fellow that was running the Sixers and his younger brother got caught stealing out of the player's locker safes during half time?

Killakobe81
05-25-2016, 08:04 PM

He got so fat damn

Lol i barely recognized him

TampaDude
05-25-2016, 09:08 PM

They were trend setters. They set trends.

05-25-2016, 09:31 PM
So much butthurt out of the Orlando GM in that documentary. He didn't want to pay Shaq and Jerry West did, I don't blame O'Neal for moving on to a franchise serious about winning. It was win-win anyways, Orlando fan didn't want to pay Shaq what he was worth so he got it elsewhere.

lol I was going to say he needed professional help to get over the whole thing since he was literally shaking when talking about it but after a quick google search I discovered he has parkinson's :lol

daslicer
05-26-2016, 05:42 PM
lol I was going to say he needed professional help to get over the whole thing since he was literally shaking when talking about it but after a quick google search I discovered he has parkinson's :lol

:lol Wow I figured he had Parkinsons disease without looking it up. But I have to laugh at the others who didn't know he had the diseases and just thought he was being butthurt over Shaq leaving.

baseline bum
05-26-2016, 06:28 PM
:lol Wow I figured he had Parkinsons disease without looking it up. But I have to laugh at the others who didn't know he had the diseases and just thought he was being butthurt over Shaq leaving.

I meant he sounded butthurt when he shit all over Shaq's agent, and claimed he was trying to steer O'Neal to LA all along. He didn't want to pay the man and he lost him for it.

daslicer
05-26-2016, 06:31 PM
I meant he sounded butthurt when he shit all over Shaq's agent, and claimed he was trying to steer O'Neal to LA all along. He didn't want to pay the man and he lost him for it.

I do agree with that assessment. Orlando's GM tried to get Shaq for a cheap discount and failed. His biggest mistake was not giving into Shaq's demands right away.

Capt Bringdown
05-26-2016, 07:02 PM
Enjoyed the show. There definitely was wild expectations (deservedly so) about the Magic back then.
Nick Anderson's missed FT's brought about the most dramatic reversal of fortune that I've ever seen in basketball.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2016, 08:06 PM
Really good, I watched it a few times and recorded it. Penny had such a sad career for his level of talent. Really could have been one of the all time great players..

dbreiden83080
05-26-2016, 08:15 PM
I do agree with that assessment. Orlando's GM tried to get Shaq for a cheap discount and failed. His biggest mistake was not giving into Shaq's demands right away.

I guess in fairness he was not the best center in the league yet. They lost badly in the finals and he was outplayed, now 1 year later he is demanding to be the highest paid player. Plus the Bulls came back to whack them in the playoffs just before the contract talk..

daslicer
05-26-2016, 08:25 PM
I guess in fairness he was not the best center in the league yet. They lost badly in the finals and he was outplayed, now 1 year later he is demanding to be the highest paid player. Plus the Bulls came back to whack them in the playoffs just before the contract talk..

At that time only David Robinson and Olaujuwon were better than Shaq. Just by doing future projections you could tell even back then that Shaq was going to be the best center in the league pretty soon. Even with the bulls sweeping the Magic it was safe to say that the bulls would be dominant for only a few more years and then fade away due to aging. The magic's GM miscalculated Shaq's value and made a huge mistake.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2016, 08:50 PM
At that time only David Robinson and Olaujuwon were better than Shaq. Just by doing future projections you could tell even back then that Shaq was going to be the best center in the league pretty soon. Even with the bulls sweeping the Magic it was safe to say that the bulls would be dominant for only a few more years and then fade away due to aging. The magic's GM miscalculated Shaq's value and made a huge mistake.

I guess there take was "We will make you the highest paid player, when you actually are the best player"? Not unfair IMO. Sadly I think Penny breaks down no matter what, and he never rings in Orlando..

daslicer
05-26-2016, 08:54 PM
I guess there take was "We will make you the highest paid player, when you actually are the best player"? Not unfair IMO. Sadly I think Penny breaks down no matter what, and he never rings in Orlando..

Yeah they had an old school way of thinking when it came to the contract situation whereas today you get the max as long as you are one of the top players at your position.

baseline bum
05-26-2016, 09:10 PM

Shaq killed in those Finals: 28 ppg, 12.5 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 2.5 blocks. He had a big series against Chicago in 96 also, 27 ppg, 10.8 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 1.5 blocks. To be that great at age 22-23 he was right to ask for $100+ million. And he showed he was worth every penny in LA.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2016, 09:12 PM
Shaq killed in those Finals: 28 ppg, 12.5 rebounds, 6.5 assists, 2.5 blocks. He had a big series against Chicago in 96 also, 27 ppg, 10.8 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 1.5 blocks. To be that great at age 22-23 he was right to ask for $100+ million. And he showed he was worth every penny in LA.

He wanted to be the highest paid and he was not yet the best. And Shaq by his own admission did not kill in those finals. They were swept aside twice and then he asks to be the highest paid player. Look at that from their POV..

baseline bum
05-26-2016, 09:13 PM
Yeah they had an old school way of thinking when it came to the contract situation whereas today you get the max as long as you are one of the top players at your position.

But he wasn't making anything close to what Jordan did. Shaq's new contract paid him $10.7 million for 96-97 while Jordan's paid him $30 million for that season.

dbreiden83080
05-26-2016, 09:14 PM
But he wasn't making anything close to what Jordan did. Shaq's new contract paid him $10.7 million for 96-97 while Jordan's paid him $30 million for that season.

Jordan deal was always short term though. Shaq made it clear on the documentary he wanted to be the highest paid.

baseline bum
05-26-2016, 09:19 PM
Jordan deal was always short term though. Shaq made it clear on the documentary he wanted to be the highest paid.

Jordan got $63 million for two years, Shaq got $121 million for 7 years. If someone would have offered Shaq $63 million for two years no way he doesn't take it.

ambchang
05-26-2016, 09:27 PM
Never liked shaq but always loved penny's game. His coach killer rep still lingers in my mind, but his talent was unreal. He's like an athletic magic, almost like a cross between magic and Pippen.

Him and hill were on their way to dominate the league, but then injuries happened. Those two would H a been even more devastating in today's perimeter friendly league.

He could have been a top 15 top 20 all time player. But things aren't meant to be.

Capt Bringdown
05-26-2016, 10:46 PM
If not for Shaq, Kobe would have been Alex English part duex.

daslicer
05-26-2016, 11:48 PM
Jordan got $63 million for two years, Shaq got $121 million for 7 years. If someone would have offered Shaq $63 million for two years no way he doesn't take it.

At the time that contract Shaq signed was the biggest long-term contract in NBA history.

Thread
05-27-2016, 09:38 AM
If not for Shaq, Kobe would have been Alex English part duex.

Horseshit, Cap...Kobe saved Daddy's hash up in Portland, '00. If he doesn't ring there Shaq woulda been murdered by Media on the spot.

Kobe: 2

Daddy: 1