PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green gets LASIK eye surgery

turb0time
05-19-2016, 09:48 AM
Hope this helps LDN out in the long run. Also curious to see if this operation has impacted other players. Thoughts?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Danny-Green-undergoes-LASIK-eye-surgery-7690467.php

Chinook
05-19-2016, 10:08 AM
I thought he got it between the regular season and the playoffs.

210baller
05-19-2016, 10:27 AM
Is this going to improve his dribbling?

SpursforSix
05-19-2016, 12:39 PM
Hope this helps LDN out in the long run. Also curious to see if this operation has impacted other players. Thoughts?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Danny-Green-undergoes-LASIK-eye-surgery-7690467.php

Lebron and DWade both had it.

Spur|n|Austin
05-19-2016, 01:49 PM
I thought he got it between the regular season and the playoffs.

Results wise, it def looked like it worked if that's the case.

Arcadian
05-19-2016, 02:04 PM
Well, I would think wearing contacts is just as good.

palangi
05-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Will it help him to make a Layup?

DAF86
05-19-2016, 02:08 PM
Lebron and DWade both had it.

Then we're fucked.

Chawaman
05-19-2016, 03:10 PM

Not all the time. I have toric lenses and since they are weighted, they shift with movement such as running and jumping.

Dro210
05-19-2016, 05:05 PM
Sweet... LASIK works. Danny shoots 40% again next year.

What's funny is I've been saying all year that the lights in nightclubs, especially mixed with alcohol, will fuck with your vision big time, and that he needs to stay outta the clubs cause that's why he can't shoot.... Looks like his vision really was fucked.

TheGreatYacht
05-19-2016, 05:06 PM
If he doesn't rush up his shots without his feet set, he'll be pretty good next season. It's been awhile

Spur|n|Austin
05-19-2016, 06:58 PM

To each their own, I can't wait to get Lasik. My contacts are constantly drying out and I've just never felt used to them.

Arcadian
05-19-2016, 08:08 PM
To each their own, I can't wait to get Lasik. My contacts are constantly drying out and I've just never felt used to them.

Ah, I see. I've been wearing contacts for 15 years, so they're like a second skin on my eyes. The technology has evolved, so they make them more breathable for the eyes now. But I'm sure the surgery has evolved a lot too. Good luck with your procedure.

UZER
05-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Performance enhancing?

GSH
05-19-2016, 10:02 PM

What's funny is I've been saying all year that the lights in nightclubs, especially mixed with alcohol, will fuck with your vision big time, and that he needs to stay outta the clubs cause that's why he can't shoot.... Looks like his vision really was fucked.

Seriously? That's where you decided to take this? I promised myself I was going to be bullet-proof on stupid comments tonight, but fuck me you made it hard. Tell me you just forgot to put that in blue. That's it, right? You're really just trolling the people who say shit like that for real.

I'd look to see if you're account started at about the same time a certain poster got kicked, but you didn't use a bunch of emojis.

look_at_g_shred
05-19-2016, 10:10 PM
Seriously? That's where you decided to take this? I promised myself I was going to be bullet-proof on stupid comments tonight, but fuck me you made it hard. Tell me you just forgot to put that in blue. That's it, right? You're really just trolling the people who say shit like that for real.

I'd look to see if you're account started at about the same time a certain poster got kicked, but you didn't use a bunch of emojis.
:lmao

Down Under
05-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Play him 40 minutes in the playoffs for fucks sake

Russo21
05-19-2016, 10:37 PM
Lasik is an interesting one. I had Lasik in April 2015…

My left eye was -2.75 and my right eye was -3.0. 0.0 is perfect. After the procedure my left eye was -0.50 and my right eye was -1.00! Giving the eye time to heal I had to wait 6 months before giving the shitty right eye a second Lasik procedure. You have to wait 6 months before the doctor will operate again to give it proper time to heal and see if your vision will improve. So after a shitty 6 months of having poor vision which didn’t improve I had my second Lasik on my right eye and am happy to say my vision is 0.0 and can read 2 lines better than 20/20! So very happy with how my right eye ended up after the second operation.

When that eye settled down it became clear how shitty my left eye was in comparison so I had a second Lasik on my left eye (which had deteriorated from -0.50 to -0.75) It is still nowhere near as good as my right eye but it’s ok I guess. The surgeon doesn’t want to do a 3rd operation in case of a ‘catastrophic disaster’ After hearing those words I’m ok with my left eye being average and not perfect and I don’t want him to touch it again lol.

So all said and done my right eye is better than 20/20 and my left eye isn’t quite 20/20 so I’m reasonably happy.

Negatives: Your eyes can feel extremely dry, over 1 year on and I still carry eye drops with me everywhere. Air conditioning can dry them out. My vision can be perfect one minute and then I experience stress and then my vision goes all blurry. It’s weird how stress can make my eyes deteriorate and then when I am not stressed they go back to normal. As my right eye is better than perfect it is hard not to compare it with my left eye as the left eye is shit in comparison but acceptable. I can read the bottom line with my right eye and only the 3rd bottom line with my left eye. So it’s weird having 2 different eyes.

So they are my cons about Lasik. Let’s hope Danny gets to 0.0, better than 20/20 on both his eyes and doesn’t have to go through a second procedure on both eyes like I had to. It’s been a great result but it was over 12 months in the making. It’s a very intense procedure and it’s really unsettling to go from perfect vision to bad vision with the first signs of stress etc and having them always feel dry. It’s a miracle how well I can see now but it sux how my vision can change in the blink of an eye (yes literally)

SD126
05-20-2016, 03:01 AM
I had this myself back in '04. No regrets, no issues. Hopefully the same goes for Danny.

Gervin44Silas13
05-20-2016, 06:50 AM

It like I said he needs to be hitting the gym