PDA

View Full Version : Republicans' new reality: Forever Trump

FuzzyLumpkins
05-19-2016, 04:38 PM
Donald Trump’s Republican doubters like to think of him as an aberration, a one-time dalliance with a candidate who, once he’s defeated this fall, will be swept off the stage, leaving the GOP back in their rightful hands.

They’re already wrong: Even if Trump never sets foot in the White House, his stamp on the Republican Party will linger long past 2016.

Trump’s primary run spurred a string of like-minded allies to ride his coattails into positions of power within the Republican party, including seats on the Republican National Committee. With or without Trump, they — coupled with a host of conservative rabble-rousers swept in with the help of Ted Cruz — already marshal enough power within the party to change its course, whether the GOP establishment likes it or not.

Adding staying power to the 2016 rebellion is the fact that many of the incoming RNC members have won 4-year terms, virtually guaranteeing they’ll exert significant influence over the Republican Party through the 2020 presidential election and possibly long after.

“The one thing that I’ve seen across the country are change agents getting involved,” said Maryland’s David Bossie, the Trump ally and Citizens United CEO who ousted a 12-year member of the committee Saturday. “Whether they are 100 percent with me or not, I appreciate people who will stand up and be counted. That’s really I think what Mr. Trump’s done is given voice to a whole bunch of people who are going to be heard.”

In other words, when Republican elites lost control of their party during the 2016 primary, they lost it to a movement that has no intention of giving it back.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/donald-trump-republican-party-supporters-223341#ixzz498kbLZen

DarrinS
05-19-2016, 05:13 PM
I see you're carpet bombing the forum again, ala boutons :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
05-19-2016, 05:29 PM
I'm putting up relevant political stories of the day. I don't use fruitbat publications like you and boutox either.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-19-2016, 05:33 PM
The complaint isn't even about what I am posting. It's just that it's me posting it. Sorry that it doesn't jive with your dimwitted territorial pissing.

TeyshaBlue
05-19-2016, 05:50 PM
This is exactly what I was hoping for. Now if Bernie can follow suit....

ducks
05-19-2016, 06:24 PM
NYT Poll: Overwhelming Majority of GOP Voters Want Party Behind Trump

FuzzyLumpkins
05-19-2016, 07:19 PM
This is exactly what I was hoping for. Now if Bernie can follow suit....

It's interesting the level of disestablishmentarianism today as opposed to even a few years ago.

TeyshaBlue
05-19-2016, 08:09 PM
Cyclical, imo. It seemingly came out nowhere in the 60's pretty much like it did in the 20's. Commonality? Social discord with a side order of global political instability.

TeyshaBlue
05-19-2016, 08:10 PM
+10 for disestablishmentarianism. :tu

boutons_deux
05-19-2016, 08:51 PM
Establishments are very wealthy, powerful, extremely hard to displace peacefully, democratically

ex: Dem superdelegates pledged to Hillary before one primary vote cast, etc etc