View Full Version : NBA: Colin Cowherd on Jordan

lefty
05-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Disagree on Kerr :lol

But damn he went ballistic :wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrlQMUCrNOs

Thread
05-19-2016, 10:07 PM
You don't need MJ to judge LeBron. If it weren't for Amy Duncan he'd have that 1.

lefty
05-19-2016, 10:24 PM
HarlemHeat37

DMC
05-19-2016, 11:54 PM
You can't call Phil the best coach in the league when he hadn't won shit. It's like calling Tony Parker the best PG in the league in 2003 because he became good. That's how people say Tim had help, he had Manu and Tony, two HOFers, and David, who was obviously in his prime in 2003.

These arguments are always bullshit.

Monkeyboy14
05-20-2016, 01:08 AM
You can't call Phil the best coach in the league when he hadn't won shit. It's like calling Tony Parker the best PG in the league in 2003 because he became good. That's how people say Tim had help, he had Manu and Tony, two HOFers, and David, who was obviously in his prime in 2003.

Yeah but after 3 titles in a 3 peat.. thats enough to be considered the best coach. Then after that they get ANOTHER 3 peat? Plus the players on the second 3 peat weren't the same. Like tims 4th and 5th title Ginobili and Parker were known stars in there own right. The bulls had players coming in known in there own right as well.. His argument still has ground. Lebron still dragged bosh with zero pointsm zero rebounds, Jordan never had to deal with that.

Thread
05-20-2016, 05:42 AM
Yeah but after 3 titles in a 3 peat.. thats enough to be considered the best coach. Then after that they get ANOTHER 3 peat? Plus the players on the second 3 peat weren't the same. Like tims 4th and 5th title Ginobili and Parker were known stars in there own right. The bulls had players coming in known in there own right as well.. His argument still has ground. Lebron still dragged bosh with zero pointsm zero rebounds, Jordan never had to deal with that.

Then he got that 3 peat with Kobe & Daddy. Don't forget that one, monk.

tee, hee.

Monkeyboy14
05-20-2016, 09:42 AM

tee, hee.
lol yeah and then two more after that! The last two are extremely impressive due to the fact he dragged Kobe there kicking and screaming :toast

DMC
05-20-2016, 09:45 AM

tee, hee.

But before he did any of that, you cannot say he was a great coach. Eric Spoelstra has a b2b and hit the Finals 4x in a row, something Phil never did. Is Eric a great coach? No. He's OK, but the fan base wanted him fired after that loss in 2011.

The hindsight argument is circular reasoning: Jordan won because he had a great coach. Why was he a great coach? Because Jordan won.

Yeah yeah 2nd 5th per par..

Thread
05-20-2016, 09:48 AM
But before he did any of that, you cannot say he was a great coach. Eric Spoelstra has a b2b and hit the Finals 4x in a row, something Phil never did. Is Eric a great coach? No. He's OK, but the fan base wanted him fired after that loss in 2011.

The hindsight argument is circular reasoning: Jordan won because he had a great coach. Why was he a great coach? Because Jordan won.

Yeah yeah 2nd 5th per par..

Whenever you're done with that rag, give it back to me, I'd like to set it out on the back porch in the sun to dry.

Thread
05-20-2016, 09:50 AM
lol yeah and then two more after that! The last two are extremely impressive due to the fact he dragged Kobe there kicking and screaming :toast

Kobe saved Daddy from ruination in Portland '00. If Kobe doesn't do that there is none after 11. We're stuck at 11.

Kobe Bryant is a hero.

Thread
05-20-2016, 09:51 AM
OT:::Colin would look fine as a girl, maybe even dressed as a girl.

JohnnyMax
05-20-2016, 09:54 AM
Video was uploaded in 2013 after Lebron won two titles.

Monkeyboy14
05-20-2016, 10:24 AM
Kobe saved Daddy from ruination in Portland '00. If Kobe doesn't do that there is none after 11. We're stuck at 11.

Kobe Bryant is a hero.
Well.. Trade Kobe with T-mac, Wade, what do you get? The same thing, Kobe just had the exposure of LA. Trade Shaq with anyone else at that time? Thats when you're really stuck at 11.

Monkeyboy14
05-20-2016, 10:27 AM
You think Jordan wins any titles with the teams Lebron had, being asked to do as much as Lebron, after those 2 titles?

Thread
05-20-2016, 10:34 AM
Well.. Trade Kobe with T-mac, Wade, what do you get? The same thing, Kobe just had the exposure of LA. Trade Shaq with anyone else at that time? Thats when you're really stuck at 11.

That's supposition, Monk. What happened in Portland/'00 is fact. We don't ring there, it's over for Daddy. Media woulda crushed him. They'd a saved Kobe for afterward, but, they'd a crucified Shaq, on the spot. He'd been warned.

Go back to the Indy Final video,,,and find Daddy immediately after ringing as he searched for his people at the ropes. No game face there. It's a frightening and sobering sight and caused this fellow to wipe the grin offin' his face and ease on back in the Lazy Boy. "Oh."

RsxPiimp
05-20-2016, 10:39 AM

Ultimate bandwagon I see :lmao

Killakobe81
05-20-2016, 11:30 AM

We get Timmy for Shaq we may have 17 or 18 instead of 16 ...

The Gemini Method
05-20-2016, 01:28 PM

That's highly debatable. T-mac's drive was not even in the same league as Kobe's. That alone would probably not amount to much. Wade maybe. But stop exaggerating the commonality.

Aztecfan03
05-20-2016, 01:39 PM

Aren't great players supposed to make those around them better, not worse?

Monkeyboy14
05-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Aren't great players supposed to make those around them better, not worse?
Thats a good point.. But you could also see it as, he was dominantly the best player on those teams. Even when those players couldnt contribute he STILL dragged the team to victories. Unlike a Kobe where he doesn't make his teammates better, but they drag HIM to victory.

Monkeyboy14
05-20-2016, 06:12 PM
That's highly debatable. T-mac's drive was not even in the same league as Kobe's. That alone would probably not amount to much. Wade maybe. But stop exaggerating the commonality.
I think its a fair argument.. you dont need much of a drive when you have Shaq on your team. Yeah you need a drive, like Mike, Like Lebron, Like duncan, to take a team from the bottom to the top. But when you're thrown onto a team with shaq right out the gate.. How much motivation do you need? It's not like he was asked to carry the team and be the leader, thats why T-mac could fit the role.

Monkeyboy14
05-20-2016, 06:14 PM
We get Timmy for Shaq we may have 17 or 18 instead of 16 ...
True, over all. But Shaqs dominance during that 3-peat is undeniable..

Monkeyboy14
05-20-2016, 06:20 PM
That's supposition, Monk. What happened in Portland/'00 is fact. We don't ring there, it's over for Daddy. Media woulda crushed him. They'd a saved Kobe for afterward, but, they'd a crucified Shaq, on the spot. He'd been warned.

Go back to the Indy Final video,,,and find Daddy immediately after ringing as he searched for his people at the ropes. No game face there. It's a frightening and sobering sight and caused this fellow to wipe the grin offin' his face and ease on back in the Lazy Boy. "Oh."
Im not saying he was just a role player.. Obviously the dude has some skill.. I mean im comparing him to the likes of D-wade and T-mac after all! You can make that argument for any great really.. Ray allen misses, Lebron is fucked. Kerr misses, Jordan is fucked. I would say "Pau doesn't pull through Kobe's 6-24, Kobe is fucked." But I dont really consider Kobe a great. My point is we all know one player cant win a title, doesn't change the fact Kobe is lite 3 titles without your Daddy.

Spurtacular
05-21-2016, 12:58 PM
The league has been manipulating games via officiating since the early 80's. I always take that into account.

Thread
05-21-2016, 01:14 PM
The league has been manipulating games via officiating since the early 80's. I always take that into account.

Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

Spurtacular
05-21-2016, 01:56 PM

Put a sock in it.

Sean Cagney
05-21-2016, 02:03 PM
You don't need MJ to judge LeBron. If it weren't for Amy Duncan he'd have that 1.

Meh, that was on POP sitting a guy with 17 rebounds in the last minute of a game when he needs one to secure a title. I agree on not needing MJ to judge Lebron though, no reason for a debate and let it be.

Thread
05-21-2016, 02:32 PM
Put a sock in it.

Fine.

JohnnyMax
05-21-2016, 07:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8rSexNF4Ts&t=1m20s

LkrFan
05-21-2016, 09:24 PM

STFU son. He is the GOAT coachPERIOD. Not Pop. Not Riles. Not Red. Phil

DMC
05-22-2016, 02:51 AM
STFU son. He is the GOAT coachPERIOD. Not Pop. Not Riles. Not Red. Phil
Learn English bitch.

Let me make it easier for you to understand, amigo...

If you had a time coyote to smuggle you back to before the time MJ won his first ring, Phil would not be the best coach in the league, and no one at that time had any notion that he might be. So you cannot FFWD and say "MJ had the best coach in the league" when Phil is considered that because of what MJ did, not because of what Phil did with Tex Winters system.

LkrFan
05-22-2016, 07:02 AM
^ Maaaaaaaaad at my post. :lol Colin mentioned Rodman (best rebounder) and Kerr (best shooter). Who's to say he wasn't using their body of work retroactively? Paxon was part of the 1st 3peat; Kerr was part of the 2nd 3peat. Phil having two 3peats at that time puts him as GOAT coach already in my book - even without his Laker success. -20 points son. :lol

Thread
05-22-2016, 12:16 PM
^ Maaaaaaaaad at my post. :lol Colin mentioned Rodman (best rebounder) and Kerr (best shooter). Who's to say he wasn't using their body of work retroactively? Paxon was part of the 1st 3peat; Kerr was part of the 2nd 3peat. Phil having two 3peats at that time puts him as GOAT coach already in my book - even without his Laker success. -20 points son. :lol

...+ D's got that Pansy problem now.

DMC
05-22-2016, 01:23 PM

Why didn't Phil win the championships in 1992 and 1993? Oh that's right, because MJ left.

DMC
05-22-2016, 01:24 PM
Look at you, catching farts from the other LA team. You've fallen below gnsf standards. It's fallout from the Kobe debacle. You were too invested in a crippled horse.

tlongII
05-22-2016, 01:47 PM

Ordinary comment from a Laker fan.

LkrFan
05-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Why didn't Phil win the championships in 1992 and 1993? Oh that's right, because MJ left.

Are you serious? :lol

:lol Bulls beat my Lakers in 1991
:lol Bulls beat the tlongIIs in 1992
:lol Bulls beat the Suns in 1993

-25 more points son :lol

LkrFan
05-22-2016, 02:55 PM

:lol

Stalin
05-22-2016, 04:05 PM

:lol Bulls beat the tlongII (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=158)s in 1992

Senile |3eaner DMC getting his shit pushed in, nothing new here. :wakeup

DMC
05-22-2016, 11:35 PM

:lol Bulls beat the tlongII (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=158)s in 1992

Akin to the spelling indictment. You know exactly what I mean. :wakeup

What Cowherd said in the video was misleading. MJ didn't have a great coach when he first rang. He had a coach who never took an NBA team to the Finals.

DMC
05-22-2016, 11:37 PM
Senile |3eaner DMC getting his shit pushed in, nothing new here. :wakeup

Narrow eyed gook boy stalking me per the usual.

Stalin
05-23-2016, 11:34 AM
Narrow eyed gook boy stalking me per the usual.

Not even close dummy, keep guessing...:lmao:lmao Mad and lashing out because he's a pathetic fat senile |3eaner who doesn't remember when GOAT Jordan retired while having 50k posts on an NBA forum...:rollin:rollin

DMC
05-23-2016, 11:42 AM
Getting 4 emojis from you = I win.

No AC... lol

Molotov
05-23-2016, 12:52 PM
Getting 4 emojis from you = I win.

No AC... lol

0.5/10

05-23-2016, 05:18 PM
0.5/10

wrong alt tbh