PDA

View Full Version : Jazz have a cap space problem, they have too much of it: Parker's destination?

Kawhitstorm
05-19-2016, 10:25 PM

Russo21
05-19-2016, 10:57 PM
Favors is a bit of a nutter and he earns about the same as TP so that won't make a difference to either teams payroll.

I'd happily take Gobert off their hands, he's young and huge, cheap for now and a very good rebounder and shot blocker who should be a good fit next to LMA. Think he even won a defensive player of the month this season. Trading those 2 will shed about 10 million from the payroll. Then go balls out to get a decent PG in free agency.

TXstbobcat
05-19-2016, 11:22 PM
Favors is a bit of a nutter and he earns about the same as TP so that won't make a difference to either teams payroll.

I'd happily take Gobert off their hands, he's young and huge, cheap for now and a very good rebounder and shot blocker who should be a good fit next to LMA. Think he even won a defensive player of the month this season. Trading those 2 will shed about 10 million from the payroll. Then go balls out to get a decent PG in free agency.

the Jazz won't trade Gobert.

kaji157
05-20-2016, 12:20 AM
They can get Trey Burke and Shelvin Mack for Tony Parker and add up 9 million to the payroll just like that.

Dump two so-so young PG for a so-so over the hill PG in Tony, but with experience.

Another one that can be done is a trade for Hayward, that would probably include Manu coming back one more year to mentor him on the sixth man role, because the guy is a Ginobili fan i think, but its impossible the Jazz want to trade him.

If you ask me, the most likely destination for Parker is either Indiana, or New York. Indiana because they have above average defenders at most positions so they could hide Tony and he could mentor them in winning (if that exists) and New York... because they are dorks.

Kawhitstorm
05-20-2016, 12:35 AM

All PATFO have to do is dump Porker's contract & take nothing back ala Tiago. Then use the cap space to sign Conley.:wakeup

sasaint
05-20-2016, 01:26 AM
All PATFO have to do is dump Porker's contract & take nothing back ala Tiago. Then use the cap space to sign Conley.:wakeup

How exactly does such a salary dump work when there are all of these rules in place about equalizing salaries in trades?Apparently the Trade Machine is a lot pickier than the league, itself. :lol

apalisoc_9
05-20-2016, 01:32 AM

Anyway Parker gets traded, released by another team and signed to a minimum :lol

Hed still make a decent 7th man , imo.

T Park
05-20-2016, 01:33 AM

Trade away the franchises best point guard .

You want to alienate future free agents you go right ahead and dump him.

Good luck getting anyone to sign here again.

Critical thinking though is a rarity around here.

timtonymanu
05-20-2016, 02:20 AM

54,000 posts of bitching about the forum and quitting on the Spurs too. what a shitty Spurs fan.

Kawhitstorm
05-20-2016, 02:39 AM
How exactly does such a salary dump work when there are all of these rules in place about equalizing salaries in trades?Apparently the Trade Machine is a lot pickier than the league, itself. :lol

As long as the trade partner has cap space, they can absorb the incoming salary w/o having to move players.

Kawhitstorm
05-20-2016, 02:44 AM

I'm pretty sure the Cavs alienated FAs when they burned LeBron's jersey & their owner wrote an open letter dissing him.:lol

Mal
05-20-2016, 02:46 AM
Wow, idiots still posting that Jazz would give Hayward or Gobert for fucking Parker.

SD126
05-20-2016, 02:54 AM
I'm pretty sure the Cavs alienated FAs when they burned LeBron's jersey & their owner wrote an open letter dissing him.:lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Post of the year. :toast

I'm weak. :lmao

NameLess Scrub
05-20-2016, 05:49 AM
Anyway Parker gets traded, released by another team and signed to a minimum :lol

Hed still make a decent 7th man , imo.

Only possible scenario.. if any.

Parker will never be dumped or leave this team.

Why would the Jazz get rid of Gobert or Hayward. Are they blowing up their team?

You guys just killing time now :lol

Vito Corleone
05-20-2016, 10:52 AM
54,000 posts of bitching about the forum and quitting on the Spurs too. what a shitty Life.

FIFY

Anyone has that many posts in a basketball forum has zero life and should be pitied

Vito Corleone
05-20-2016, 10:57 AM
Parker is still an effective players in the right system, he has championship experience and knows how to win.

To teams like the 76ers, Utah, Milwaukee, he would be a valuable asset...at the right price.

Next year he will be highly sought after because he has an expiring contract. Teams love expiring contracts. If he is to be traded I would say it is going to happen close to the trade deadline. By then his contract will be extremely diluted, and much easier to trade.

Chinook
05-20-2016, 10:58 AM

As long as the trade partner has cap space, they can absorb the incoming salary w/o having to move players.

Yes, and in addition to what Kawhitstorm said, the cap space is for 2016-2017. Until July, the trade machine will continue to use 2015-2016 numbers -- as it should. So that trade would be invalid if done this year. But it can totally be agreed to now and completed in July when it's perfectly legal.

sasaint
05-20-2016, 12:42 PM
Yes, and in addition to what Kawhitstorm said, the cap space is for 2016-2017. Until July, the trade machine will continue to use 2015-2016 numbers -- as it should. So that trade would be invalid if done this year. But it can totally be agreed to now and completed in July when it's perfectly legal.

Thanks. I understand the rollover dates in the Machine correspond to the NBA deadlines. Without a hard cap, though, the NBA has such labyrinthine rules that I have to rely on guys like you and Kawhistorm to help me out. :toast

timtonymanu
05-20-2016, 01:03 PM
FIFY

Anyone has that many posts in a basketball forum has zero life and should be pitied

T Pork just pops in from time to time, to offer his shitty takes while also complaining about the quality of the forum. useless poster. Offers nothing to the forum.

He gets called out more often now that MannyisGod/timvp don't post on here anymore to semen shield that fat fuck.

JR3
05-20-2016, 02:38 PM
i think the Jazz value Parker quite a bit. They won't trade Gobert though...

SpursforSix
05-20-2016, 02:40 PM
hahah. Tony would go bonkers having to live in Salt Lake City.

cd98
05-20-2016, 02:55 PM
Jazz would be one of the few teams that would potentially trade for Parker, but Spurs can't trade him until they get a point guard to replace him. Mills isn't a starting PG in this league.

SpursforSix
05-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Jazz would be one of the few teams that would potentially trade for Parker, but Spurs can't trade him until they get a point guard to replace him. Mills isn't a starting PG in this league.

neither is Parker

cd98
05-20-2016, 03:51 PM
neither is Parker

Well Parker can actually dribble the ball under pressure.

SpursforSix
05-20-2016, 03:56 PM
Well Parker can actually dribble the ball under pressure.

I'll give you that. He's a prolific dribbler.

apalisoc_9
05-20-2016, 04:08 PM
T Pork just pops in from time to time, to offer his shitty takes while also complaining about the quality of the forum. useless poster. Offers nothing to the forum.

He gets called out more often now that MannyisGod/timvp don't post on here anymore to semen shield that fat fuck.

:lmao

apalisoc_9
05-20-2016, 04:08 PM
:lmao

cd98
05-20-2016, 04:55 PM

I'm sure you'll enjoy watching Patty take 7 seconds to get the ball across midcourt when Manu retires.

SpursforSix
05-20-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm sure you'll enjoy watching Patty take 7 seconds to get the ball across midcourt when Manu retires.

yeah...I'll take Door #3 whoever it is.

cd98
05-20-2016, 05:20 PM
yeah...I'll take Door #3 whoever it is.
Of course you will. It's easy to prefer the unknown PG. You can assume that there is an affordable free agent that plays great defense, can shoot, doesn't over dribble, and is young. But the reality is that player doesn't exist. Maybe Spurs can convince Conley to sign and he's an upgrade from Parker at this point in their careers, but if you strike out there, then your looking at players with more flaws than Parker.

Spurtacular
05-20-2016, 11:31 PM

Unless the rule changed, the salaries have to match within something like 15 percent is what I remember.

Kawhitstorm
05-20-2016, 11:33 PM
Unless the rule changed, the salaries have to match within something like 15 percent is what I remember.

Remind me who the Spurs acquired in exchange for Tiago....:sleep

Spurtacular
05-20-2016, 11:41 PM

True. Rule must of changed not too long ago though. I had though there might've been some crazy exception in the Tiago case.

cd98
05-21-2016, 06:50 PM

Conditional second round picks, no?

MaNu4Tres
05-21-2016, 07:16 PM
True. Rule must of changed not too long ago though. I had though there might've been some crazy exception in the Tiago case.

No, its been like that for a long time now.Teams can trade a player for nothing, only if the other team has enough cap space to absorb the salary.

TXstbobcat
05-21-2016, 08:00 PM
None of this matters as the Jazz will not take Parker and the remaining $30 million left on his contract.

Kawhitstorm
05-21-2016, 08:02 PM
None of this matters as the Jazz will not take Parker and the remaining $30 million left on his contract.

Beggers aren't choosers, their starting point guard is Shelvin Mack & nobody wants to play in Utah.:lol

TXstbobcat
05-21-2016, 08:06 PM
Beggers aren't choosers, their starting point guard is Shelvin Mack & nobody wants to play in Utah.:lol

im trying not to be a Parker hater but his major decline and $30 million left on his contract should scare any team off even if they have a terrible situation at the point guard position.

tholdren
05-21-2016, 08:23 PM
No, its been like that for a long time now.Teams can trade a player for nothing, only if the other team has enough cap space to absorb the salary.
nba trade machine

Spurtacular
05-21-2016, 08:43 PM

Thanks for the info.