PDA

View Full Version : 76ers have 3 Centers

Big Empty
05-20-2016, 07:54 AM
Would anyone chance Embid or Noel if Mr. brown was able to help facilitate a trade with the Spurs for one of those guys? I think Danny Green is our best tradable asset and although he's a great defender he can't dribble or create to save his own life.

tbdog
05-20-2016, 07:59 AM
Would anyone chance Embid or Noel if Mr. brown was able to help facilitate a trade with the Spurs for one of those guys? I think Danny Green is our best tradable asset and although he's a great defender he can't dribble or create to save his own life.

Only one of them is worth it for a win now mode, and he has no winning expierence and comes out kinda dumb (Noel), the rest are projects.

GSH
05-20-2016, 08:07 AM
Ron Jeremy has 12 inches. I offered my car for 4 of them, but no deal.

kaji157
05-20-2016, 08:28 AM

Clearly Okafor is the real option here but he won´t be traded. Embid is yet to play an NBA game and Noel seems like he could be a good fit but they wont trade hi yet, i think they will try and play Embid a few games to see if he has any value before trading wither of them. Actually Tony Parker makes sense for the 76ers as they cant get any worse and they could use the leadership, plus all their PG suck, so its not that they are moving backwards here.

Chinook
05-20-2016, 08:38 AM
No chance at all for anything that makes sense to trade.

apalisoc_9
05-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Just wait for Noel's free agency. One of the best Rim Protecting bigs in the league. Amazing defender eye test wise and advanced stat wise. Which ks kinda silly when you play for a shitty team..Granted, they have some decent wing defenders.

r0drig0lac
05-20-2016, 09:17 AM
Noel really would be nice, but Spurs have nothing to offer

apalisoc_9
05-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Noel really would be nice, but Spurs have nothing to offer

Just have to wait for a year. Hes probably going to get unserpaid anyway. Doesnt look like a lot of people see 15 per value in him.

RD2191
05-20-2016, 09:34 AM
I'd trade DG for Noel.

Twisted_Dawg
05-20-2016, 10:03 AM
Ron Jeremy has 12 inches. I offered my car for 4 of them, but no deal.

What kind of car?

r0drig0lac
05-20-2016, 10:25 AM
Just have to wait for a year. Hes probably going to get unserpaid anyway. Doesnt look like a lot of people see 15 per value in him.

he is the kind of "modern center" that has much value in the current championship, unfortunately, some team out there will pay the max

Chinook
05-20-2016, 10:48 AM
he is the kind of "modern center" that has much value in the current championship, unfortunately, some team out there will pay the max

Noel's getting the max, which will probably be $108M/4. $15 Million a year is an absurd estimate. That's quite a bit richer than my blood. I wouldn't go beyond $21 Million a year or so.

r0drig0lac
05-20-2016, 11:13 AM
Noel's getting the max, which will probably be $108M/4. $15 Million a year is an absurd estimate. That's quite a bit richer than my blood. I wouldn't go beyond $21 Million a year or so.

Perhaps. Let's see the direction of the team (76ers) this season, will have a major influence on future contracts (or one of the three centers is traded before next season, Celtics want Jahlil, who knows)

Chinook
05-20-2016, 11:24 AM
Perhaps. Let's see the direction of the team (76ers) this season, will have a major influence on future contracts (or one of the three centers is traded before next season, Celtics want Jahlil, who knows)

Not really. He'll get the max from someone, whether it be Philly or a new team. He's not only a good player, but he's a very well-hyped player. I mean, we're talking about him as if he isn't mediocre to below-average in pretty much all statistical categories.

r0drig0lac
05-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Not really. He'll get the max from someone, whether it be Philly or a new team. He's not only a good player, but he's a very well-hyped player. I mean, we're talking about him as if he isn't mediocre to below-average in pretty much all statistical categories.

your point, but I'm not going to analyze the statistics of a player forced to play out of their real position, at the worst team of all time

Chinook
05-20-2016, 11:49 AM
your point, but I'm not going to analyze the statistics of a player forced to play out of their real position, at the worst team of all time

I know. That's the hype talking. That doesn't mean that it's wrong. But his value is way higher than his production warrants, so he's likely going to be maxed out whether the Sixers decide to stick with him or not. I don't want to be the team that gives him that contract, because that will be the time when the cap settles, and bad deals will have no place to go.

SD126
05-20-2016, 01:31 PM
Philly isn't going to move anyone til they get a clue of what Embiid can do first. If I had a preference, I'd take Noel, albeit his BBIQ isn't among the best.

GSH
05-20-2016, 01:50 PM
What kind of car?

LOL... yeah, it's a compact - but it's all about how you drive it. Sort of like trying to trade a little-bitty, worn out point guard for a great big beast of a center. :lol

sananspursfan21
05-20-2016, 06:04 PM
According to an old article by some Sixers website (don't recall specifics), Noel is the favorite to stay. They have huge expectations for Embiid. The Sixers are pretty pissed about a lot of Okafor's off-court decisions so he seems the favorite to leave. Although he's physically capable, he doesn't play a lot of defense. Don't know if he'd be worth it

cjw
05-20-2016, 06:19 PM
Imagine Noel next to AD instead of Asik. Instead, they traded for fools gold in Jrue.

cd98
05-20-2016, 06:29 PM
Embid isn't a project. He's superstar good. But big men with habitually broken feet are quickly out of the league. Unfortunate.

99 Problems
05-20-2016, 07:06 PM
Embid
Oak
Noel
Saric
Simmonds

Browny needs to work out who healthy and what works. If they get hands on pick 3 they get a shooter as well.

TheGreatYacht
05-20-2016, 08:00 PM
Philly needs a starting PG and SG. Nerlens will get paid soon so Philly might be willing to get assets before they lose him, and they also have Saric coming in next year. Okafor isn't better than Boban is right now if we're being honest. Embiid could also be on the market tbh..

I think this gets it done for Noel/Embiid:
Tony Parker, Danny Green, and the #29th pick.

If Brett Brown wants Patty too, package him. Sixers will have plenty of vet experience and they'll use up some cap that wouldn't have been used anyways.

A starting lineup of Parker, Green, Simmons, Okafor, Embiid can make the playoffs in the E:lolst

cjw
05-20-2016, 08:13 PM
Why is Philly "losing" Noel? He's a RFA and they can and will match (or force a team to sign and trade) if he gets an offer sheet

Strategic
05-20-2016, 08:16 PM
I know. That's the hype talking. That doesn't mean that it's wrong. But his value is way higher than his production warrants, so he's likely going to be maxed out whether the Sixers decide to stick with him or not. I don't want to be the team that gives him that contract, because that will be the time when the cap settles, and bad deals will have no place to go.Isn't Adams contract up next year? If the Thunder can keep Durant and Westbrook with max contracts, they are already tied to Kanter on a 17 million deal. Not sure they will be able to offer Adams a max contract he will get. May be worth it to wait on the big man? Any thoughts on this?

NameLess Scrub
05-20-2016, 08:55 PM
Why do people entertain the idea of a Parker trade?

And why is anybody getting a max contract?

tmtcsc
05-20-2016, 09:09 PM
Why do people entertain the idea of a Parker trade?

And why is anybody getting a max contract?

Surely you mean "Why would teams entertain taking Parker in a trade?" right? I'd ship his ass out of here faster than his game fell.

GSH
05-20-2016, 10:23 PM
Surely you mean "Why would teams entertain taking Parker in a trade?" right? I'd ship his ass out of here faster than his game fell.

Exactly.

Every year. Every single fucking year, people discuss trades where we cast off low-performing players, and get back some other team's future.

"But...but... Tony Parker is an experienced point guard." Yeah, he's got 15 years of experience. When you include the playoffs, I think he has played the 5th most NBA minutes among point guards, in NBA history. Plus he played summer ball the whole time. He's worn the fuck out, and he comes with a $14.5 M salary next year, and a $15.5 M salary the next. What GM wouldn't trade away one of his best young players in exchange for that?

UNT Eagles 2016
05-20-2016, 11:24 PM
trade porky

UNT Eagles 2016
05-20-2016, 11:25 PM
Exactly.

Every year. Every single fucking year, people discuss trades where we cast off low-performing players, and get back some other team's future.

"But...but... Tony Parker is an experienced point guard." Yeah, he's got 15 years of experience. When you include the playoffs, I think he has played the 5th most NBA minutes among point guards, in NBA history. Plus he played summer ball the whole time. He's worn the fuck out, and he comes with a $14.5 M salary next year, and a $15.5 M salary the next. What GM wouldn't trade away one of his best young players in exchange for that?

Can we trade him for a bag of doritos and 2 Condoms if we also include our first round pick?

tmtcsc
05-20-2016, 11:43 PM
Can we trade him for a bag of doritos and 2 Condoms if we also include our first round pick?

Man, you used to be able to get a bag of Funyuns for him. How the mighty have fallen.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-20-2016, 11:47 PM
Man, you used to be able to get a bag of Funyuns for him. How the mighty have fallen.
:lol I remember my freshman year at my first high school when I left the lunch table and came back and found that some guys put a used condom in my bag of Funyuns. No lie.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-21-2016, 12:09 AM
Parker will not be traded. If you don't get that, you don't understand the Spurs' organisation and culture.

We don't need Okafor.

I wouldn't touch Embiid - broken navicular bone usually ends a career. The navicular is the cornerstone of the foot bones, and once it goes the whole system is usually broken for good as far as elite athletics is concerned.

Noel is intriguing, but I don't see the 76ers giving him away for our dross.

GSH
05-21-2016, 08:59 AM
:lol I remember my freshman year at my first high school when I left the lunch table and came back and found that some guys put a used condom in my bag of Funyuns. No lie.

LOL... UNT is back? And he never disappoints. He actually has a personal story involving Funyuns and condoms. :lol

DJR210
05-21-2016, 09:31 AM
What a terrible slap in Tony's face to end his Spurs career w/ a trade to the perennial shit hole of the NBA. Won't happen, Spurs connection or not.

Spurs9
05-21-2016, 03:34 PM
I'd trade DG for Noel.

Ill trade my spurstalk login for a bugatti.

SD126
05-21-2016, 03:58 PM
What a terrible slap in Tony's face to end his Spurs career w/ a trade to the perennial shit hole of the NBA. Won't happen, Spurs connection or not.

^^^exactly

NameLess Scrub
05-21-2016, 08:19 PM

:lol

Actually I meant why consider scenarios like the team would actually get rid of him.

Love him or hate him, he isn't going anywhere. He'll either play the rest of his contract or if possible get bought out so he can come back.

SD126
05-22-2016, 12:31 AM

Easier said than done.

tmtcsc
05-22-2016, 07:23 AM
Easier said than done.

Unfortunately true. But I'd call every team in the league where it could make some sort of sense.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-22-2016, 09:50 PM
LOL... UNT is back? And he never disappoints. He actually has a personal story involving Funyuns and condoms. :lol

I recall being really hungry that day & I barely didn't qualify for free/reduced lunch. So I ate the Funyuns anyway. As long the condom wasn't turned inside out, I was fine.