PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Best player in the draft not named Simmons or Ingram?

Spurtacular
05-20-2016, 11:47 PM
Who ya'll think?

RsxPiimp
05-20-2016, 11:49 PM
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/photo/2015-09/28/134668720_14434501811541n.jpg

apalisoc_9
05-21-2016, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=RsxPiimp;8597666]http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/photo/2015-09/28/134668720_14434501811541n.jpg[/QUOTE

Dude is 180 pounds. My 5'10 brother weighs more than him. Probably has a noodle dick too.

InRareForm
05-21-2016, 03:37 PM
Lol

Mal
05-21-2016, 04:33 PM
Best player is Buddy Hield, but there are many with better potential

StrengthAndHonor
05-21-2016, 04:41 PM
Kris Dunn. Has a knack for defense, especially if he ends up with the Wolves, expect analysts to hype his season up and I think he'll deliver. Also has a 6'10 wingspan, he's born to defend.

StrengthAndHonor
05-21-2016, 04:42 PM
Best player is Buddy Hield, but there are many with better potential
Depends where he ends up but Hield looks like he's a bust waiting to happen..

Mal
05-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Depends where he ends up but Hield looks like he's a bust waiting to happen..

Apart from Phoenix and maybe Sacramento, he should be good.

spurraider21
05-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Probably has a noodle dick too.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240127

StrengthAndHonor
05-21-2016, 05:04 PM
He reminds me of JJ Reddick lol but he's obviously much more athletic, Calbert Cheaney with more offense? Bust is a harsh word, but he's off to a high expectation for a rookie (Naismith Player of the Year, He's almost 23 and is a Senior) so he's expected to contribute immediately. In that sense, a lot of people may be disappointed when he struggles in the pros.

His game is tailor made for Denver or the Pelicans, I can see him flourish there but if he ends up in Boston, expect him to ride the pine.

RsxPiimp
05-21-2016, 05:16 PM
buddy will be very serviceable, he can shoot the lights out and score. he'll probably end up with the 76ers since they need backcourt help

JohnnyMax
05-21-2016, 07:51 PM
Kris Dunn
Jamal Murray

In that order

JamStone
05-21-2016, 08:25 PM
I like Buddy to be a pretty good player in the league. Maybe not a superstar, but a quality starter with the chance at being a borderline all star. Shooting at an elite level is one of the biggest skills to have now that it's more of a perimeter game. And Buddy isn't just a spot up shooter. He has enough ball handling ability and quickness to create space for his jumper with his dribble.

I'm also intrigued by that high school kid in Canada Thon Maker if he's allowed to be in the draft. With his height and guard skills, a couple of years from now, he may be one of those guys who way outperform where they got drafted, with people talking about him being one of the best players in the draft.

Spurtacular
05-21-2016, 08:59 PM

Yea, Saclesstown derailed Jimmer's career.

Spurtacular
05-21-2016, 09:00 PM

:lmao

Spurtacular
05-21-2016, 09:02 PM
He reminds me of JJ Reddick lol but he's obviously much more athletic, Calbert Cheaney with more offense? Bust is a harsh word, but he's off to a high expectation for a rookie (Naismith Player of the Year, He's almost 23 and is a Senior) so he's expected to contribute immediately. In that sense, a lot of people may be disappointed when he struggles in the pros.

His game is tailor made for Denver or the Pelicans, I can see him flourish there but if he ends up in Boston, expect him to ride the pine.

If Calbert Cheney and JJ Reddick are the comparisons, I wouldn't touch Hield in the top twelve.

RsxPiimp
05-21-2016, 10:10 PM
I like Buddy to be a pretty good player in the league. Maybe not a superstar, but a quality starter with the chance at being a borderline all star. Shooting at an elite level is one of the biggest skills to have now that it's more of a perimeter game. And Buddy isn't just a spot up shooter. He has enough ball handling ability and quickness to create space for his jumper with his dribble.

I'm also intrigued by that high school kid in Canada Thon Maker if he's allowed to be in the draft. With his height and guard skills, a couple of years from now, he may be one of those guys who way outperform where they got drafted, with people talking about him being one of the best players in the draft.

bust, hasheem thabeet like ceiling, thought that guy would be something else but based on draft previews he hasn't improved much.

makers' agent was ducking him against other players pre draft. that should tell you :lol

JamStone
05-21-2016, 10:37 PM
There's no doubt he has bust potential if taken high in the draft. People haven't seen him against any real competition. So who knows what he is or what he will be? Thabeet is an odd comparison though because the similarities are really only with their height. Thabeet was slow and big and plodding and lacked skill. Maker from what little we've seen and heard is slender and presumably has some quickness since he is skinny, and the intriguing part is his ability to shoot at his size. I wouldn't take a gamble on him in the top 5, probably not the top 10. But we're talking about a pretty weak draft with not much depth at all. Once you get late in the lottery and in the middle of the first round, I don't think it's much of a gamble because any guy you get there has a chance to being nothing in the NBA anyway. And then maybe he surprises and a team getting him in the middle of the first round ends up getting quite a windfall.

Spurtacular
05-21-2016, 10:46 PM
Hasheem Thabeet or Greg Oden for bigger bust? I'd have to go with Oden. He was drafted ahead of Durant. Was supposed to be like the next Ewing. We knew Thabeet might not ever be that good. Of course, he was a total bust. I can't even recall a game he played in.

RsxPiimp
05-22-2016, 10:10 AM
your description of thabeet is eerily similar to maker. only reason he's making a bit of noise is because he's long and a shot blocker which we all know isn't valued much in the league anymore:lol shot blockers with little fundamental understanding on how to defend are becoming nuisance for their own teams, since all they do is goaltend baskets while leaving the other more important aspects like boxing out and positioning themselves for a rebound. they're also notorious for drawing unnecessary fouls.

Maker as it is has no identifiable position in today's game. He's a poor rebounder averaging 6 Rebs and you can't put him down low because he's built like Reggie Miller (7'1 195 lbs, poor conditioning) he's also not quick or versatile enough to defend the perimeter, with poor lateral quickness. he has a weak base altogether. I don't see giannis antetokoumpo ceiling in him and that's already a ceiling.

RsxPiimp
05-22-2016, 10:14 AM
Hasheem Thabeet or Greg Oden for bigger bust? I'd have to go with Oden. He was drafted ahead of Durant. Was supposed to be like the next Ewing. We knew Thabeet might not ever be that good. Of course, he was a total bust. I can't even recall a game he played in.

Hasheem my for me. Unlike Oden who never had a chance, Thabeet had plenty of opportunities to turn the corner but couldn't, he was drafted at the very least to become a defensive stalwart and he couldn't even do that...

Raven
05-22-2016, 01:32 PM
Dragan Bender is probably the best player in the draft.. But in general it looks like a very bad draft.

Raven
05-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Oden, easily.

Will Hunting
05-22-2016, 05:41 PM

It's not even an argument, Oden by far. Everyone knew Thabeet was a reach at the time, Oden was thought of as a once in a generation big man.

Spurtacular
06-04-2016, 02:03 AM
Celts may be sitting pretty at three if there's truth to this report / validity to the assessment of Jamal Murray.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/sixers-considering-picking-jamal-murray-no-1-overall/ar-BBtQfGI?ocid=spartanntp

Mnky
06-04-2016, 03:37 AM
bust, hasheem thabeet like ceiling, thought that guy would be something else but based on draft previews he hasn't improved much.

makers' agent was ducking him against other players pre draft. that should tell you :lol

Yea, he has played against high school bodies even after he was college aged. He also skipped out on the draft games.. which he could have came in and showed he can play with more than little boys struggling with puberty. He didn't for a reason. Obvious potential, but If he's scared to play rookies, he must be a couple years away from being a prospect.

DJR210
06-04-2016, 06:55 AM

:lol what a noodle dicked balding faggot