PDA

View Full Version : Any watch aficionados here?

StrengthAndHonor
05-20-2016, 11:52 PM
What do you wear? I have 3 Rolex but I'm thinking of trading 2 of them for a Breitling. Anyone here has experience with Breitlings or even Omegas?

Mitch
05-21-2016, 04:15 PM
I have a collection, mostly dress watches though.

For day to day watches you see Omegas all the time, they're the most common second choice when people find out what a nice Rolex can cost you. Nobody would prefer a speedmaster over a yachtmaster, but the latter is 3k+ more. Breitling is less common, a transocean with a leather band is pretty sharp and the superocean is probably the best value you can find for what you get.

That being said, Omega makes the better timepiece in terms of movement. I'd say you can look into IWC pieces as well, they're quality and uncommon.

StrengthAndHonor
05-21-2016, 04:22 PM
I have a collection, mostly dress watches though.

For day to day watches you see Omegas all the time, they're the most common second choice when people find out what a nice Rolex can cost you. Nobody would prefer a speedmaster over a yachtmaster, but the latter is 3k+ more. Breitling is less common, a transocean with a leather band is pretty sharp and the superocean is probably the best value you can find for what you get.

That being said, Omega makes the better timepiece in terms of movement. I'd say you can look into IWC pieces as well, they're quality and uncommon.
Thanks man, I have a GMT Master II and Submariner Serti, do you think it's wise to trade one for Breitling Navitimer? All my watches are either silver or gold but I think I need a rubber or leather strap for weekend use...

Mitch
05-21-2016, 04:33 PM
Thanks man, I have a GMT Master II and Submariner Serti, do you think it's wise to trade one for Breitling Navitimer? All my watches are either silver or gold but I think I need a rubber or leather strap for weekend use...

I personally think either is a step down, the GMT is a legendary watch and Sub is flashy. If we're just talking about style and being seen with the watch, the Sub is common as far as Rolex goes. Couldn't really tell you what to do in that scenario, I would trade the watch you care less about as shallow of an answer as that is.