PDA

View Full Version : Is Argentina the equivalent of a cute regular season team in the nba?

apalisoc_9
05-21-2016, 01:42 PM
If youd have to equate soccer nations to NBA teams what it would be?

Messi Argentina = Demar Derozan Raptors
Spain world cup team and back to back Euros = Golden State Warriors
Germany = Lebrom
Mexico = Sacramento Kings
England =LA Lakers
Brazil = Spurs
France = Bulls
Holland = OKC
USA= NETS

Canyonero
05-21-2016, 01:47 PM
OP you should keep your shitty takes only for basketball

apalisoc_9
05-21-2016, 01:55 PM
OP you should keep your shitty takes only for basketball

Whens the last time Argentina won the WC? Maradona.

I wanted to say trailblazers but I went ahead with raptors cause the argies do make it far the wc.

Canyonero
05-21-2016, 01:57 PM
Yawn

Kawhitstorm
05-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Corrections:

Germany = Spurs
Messi's Argentina = LeBron's Cavs.
Brazil = Lakers
England = Celtics
France = Heat
Italy = Pistons
Portugal = Mavs

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2016, 07:03 PM
Brazil = Celtics (Living in the past)
England = Lakers (They swear they'll be relevant next year)
Spain = Knicks (Best country in Europe, one of the best cities.. Still suck tho)
Germany = Warriors (All around team)
Argentina = Thunder (Big 2 of Di Maria + Aguero)
Netherlands = Clippers (Flop City, No Era Penal)
France = Spurs (Both led by French men)
Italy = Mavs (No one cares when they won a WC/LOB)
Mexico = Heat (Reason below)
USgAy = Magic (Heat's shadow)
Portugal = Bulls (Home of the GOATS
Uruguay = Rockets (Harden/Howard equals Suarez/Godin)
Belgium = Raptors (Cute little team, pretenders)
Sweden = Pacers (MF's swear they got one of the best players rofl)
China = Hornets (Jeremy Rin)

apalisoc_9
05-21-2016, 07:18 PM
Corrections:

Germany = Spurs
Messi's Argentina = LeBron's Cavs.
Brazil = Lakers
England = Celtics
France = Heat
Italy = Pistons
Portugal = Mavs

Lebrons cavs = messi is perfect. :lol

ElNono
05-21-2016, 11:16 PM
you can't spin this shit, too many years without lifting silverware...

I mean, I'm old enough to have watched them win both World Cups and a bunch of Copa Americas, but the current state of affairs is sad indeed.

Now, if you compare to all other teams in the past 50 years or so though, they've done really well, tbh... probably only Germany, Italy and Brazil have done better...

ElNono
05-21-2016, 11:17 PM
You know Argentina has hit rock bottom once Mexico beats them in an important competition.... it's coming, tbh...

TheGreatYacht
05-22-2016, 05:01 AM
You know Argentina has hit rock bottom once Mexico beats them in an important competition.... it's coming, tbh...
ElNono in the last stage of grief, acceptance :wow

"The seven emotional stages of grief are usually understood to be shock or disbelief, denial, bargaining, guilt, anger, depression, and acceptance/hope. Symptoms of grief can be emotional, physical, social, or religious in nature."

ElNono
05-22-2016, 08:47 AM
ElNono in the last stage of grief, acceptance :wow

"The seven emotional stages of grief are usually understood to be shock or disbelief, denial, bargaining, guilt, anger, depression, and acceptance/hope. Symptoms of grief can be emotional, physical, social, or religious in nature."

son, I've been harping on this for a while. I want the team to do good, but realistically being first second is unacceptable for a futbol nation like that.

Canyonero
05-22-2016, 09:31 AM

Being defeated by Mexico has to be one of the most humiliating things that could happen to any team.

TheGreatYacht
05-22-2016, 11:07 AM
Being defeated by Mexico has to be one of the most humiliating things that could happen to any team.
No, this is one of the best teams we've had. I can see Argentina bowing out with a respectable 1-3 loss to el Tri

Canyonero
05-22-2016, 11:50 AM
No, this is one of the best teams we've had. I can see Argentina bowing out with a respectable 1-3 loss to el Tri

Worst u-20 Argentina squad > best Mexico team ever

TheGreatYacht
05-22-2016, 12:45 PM
Worst u-20 Argentina squad > best Mexico team ever
Hope Hector Moreno tackles Aguero like he did with Like Shaw

PS. I would say Messi but that would only help you. Barca played better without him and so would y'all

Canyonero
05-22-2016, 12:49 PM
Hope Hector Moreno tackles Aguero like he did with Like Shaw

PS. I would say Messi but that would only help you. Barca played better without him and so would y'all

What's an Hector Moreno?

ElNono
05-22-2016, 01:18 PM
Argiefan should become religious and pray if Moyano takes over AFA... he's gonna make Grondona look like St Peter, tbh...

Canyonero
05-22-2016, 01:47 PM
Chiqui Tapia is taking over AFA

dunkman
05-22-2016, 04:45 PM
There are too many good teams at WC. Only Germany, Brazil and Italy are constantly good at the mundials. Then there are teams like France, Spain and Argentina. Then there other teams that are frequently good like Uruguay, England and Holland. And then there are many other teams that occasionally have strong showings in some mundials. With 2 mundials and another 3 finals it's one of the top teams.

dunkman
05-22-2016, 04:49 PM
What's surprising however, is that Argentina won their last Copa América in 93, while Brazil, Colombia, Uruguay and Chile have managed to win one or more (Brazil) since then.

turkish spurs fan
05-26-2016, 08:14 AM
brazil = lakers (always the most popular)
germany = spurs (great system and discipline)
argentina = clippers (includes stars but no success)
france = bulls (still misses their mj=zidane)
italy= pistons 03-05 (ugly but good)
england= utah jazz (old school play and loser)
sweden-norway= memphis (slow and less creativity)

DAF86
05-26-2016, 12:45 PM

Argentina is the NT with the second biggest amount of silverware, since when does that equal "no success"? :lol

turkish spurs fan
05-26-2016, 01:06 PM
Argentina is the NT with the second biggest amount of silverware, since when does that equal "no success"? :lol

in past

Canyonero
05-26-2016, 03:33 PM
Turkey = random D-League team?

DAF86
05-26-2016, 03:51 PM
in past

Were you talking of the present? Then why is Italy "good"? They haven't made it out of the group stage in the last 2 WCs.

turkish spurs fan
05-26-2016, 08:19 PM
Were you talking of the present? Then why is Italy "good"? They haven't made it out of the group stage in the last 2 WCs.

2006 champion. 2012 euro runner up. world cups are more enternatining but everybody know that european championships are more difficult. also i didn't say perfect, i said good. if you really think argentina did well with their full of stars, you are underestimating the quality of your team.

argentina basketball > argentina football

turkey is always a surprise. u can not guess. entertaining but no continuity . maybe equal to phoenix suns.

lefty
05-26-2016, 08:30 PM
:lol

DAF86
05-26-2016, 09:06 PM
2006 champion. 2012 euro runner up. world cups are more enternatining but everybody know that european championships are more difficult. also i didn't say perfect, i said good. if you really think argentina did well with their full of stars, you are underestimating the quality of your team.

argentina basketball > argentina football

turkey is always a surprise. u can not guess. entertaining but no continuity . maybe equal to phoenix suns.

:lol That's just some retarded shit self-centered Euros repeat without any kind of argument to back it up. Reminds me of English folks hyping up the Premier League.

If the Euros are harder how can it be that Italy made the final in the Euros but couldn't even get out of the group stage in the WC? :lol

You talk about Italy being good because of a WC won on penalties a decade ago and a continental final. On that time Argentina has 2 continental finals, and a WC final. Only difference being Italy won its penalty shootout.

And no, Argie basketball isn't > than Argie football. Argentina in football is a top 2, top 3 team in the World right now. In basketball they are just a bunch of washed up dudes, tbh.

turkish spurs fan
05-26-2016, 10:17 PM
one simple argument (like you say italy) doesn't prove anything. european championships "weak" teams are stronger then WC's. coPa america is just muppet show if compare european CH.

in basketball, argentina did great things with great warriors. argie football have talents but loser tbh

:lol That's just some retarded shit self-centered Euros repeat without any kind of argument to back it up. Reminds me of English folks hyping up the Premier League.

If the Euros are harder how can it be that Italy made the final in the Euros but couldn't even get out of the group stage in the WC? :lol

You talk about Italy being good because of a WC won on penalties a decade ago and a continental final. On that time Argentina has 2 continental finals, and a WC final. Only difference being Italy won its penalty shootout.

And no, Argie basketball isn't > than Argie football. Argentina in football is a top 2, top 3 team in the World right now. In basketball they are just a bunch of washed up dudes, tbh.

DAF86
05-26-2016, 10:33 PM
one simple argument (like you say italy) doesn't prove anything. european championships "weak" teams are stronger then WC's. coPa america is just muppet show if compare european CH.

in basketball, argentina did great things with great warriors. argie football have talents but loser tbh

Portugal, semifinalist in the last 2 euros eliminated in the group stage.
Spain, champion of the last 2 euros, eliminated in the group stage. :lol

The only place where Australia (or some other low tier team of the WC) is less than fucking Slovenia (or whatever other generic shitty team that makes the Euros, like Turkey for example, tbh :lol) is in the mind of retarded self-centered Europeans. Just there, nowhere else.

lefty
05-26-2016, 10:39 PM
Messi's Argentina = 90s Jazz tbh

:lol Messilone

turkish spurs fan
05-26-2016, 10:50 PM
Portugal, semifinalist in the last 2 euros eliminated in the group stage.
Spain, champion of the last 2 euros, eliminated in the group stage. :lol

The only place where Australia (or some other low tier team of the WC) is less than fucking Slovenia (or whatever other generic shitty team that makes the Euros, like Turkey for example, tbh :lol) is in the mind of retarded self-centered Europeans. Just there, nowhere else.

argentina have the same number of semifinals with turkey in last 6 WCs :lol just the 6 of 24 semifinalists are from south america. 17 of them are europeans. : )

DAF86
05-26-2016, 10:54 PM
argentina have the same number of semifinals with turkey in last 6 WCs :lol just the 6 of 24 semifinalists are from south america. 17 of them are europeans. : )

Yeah well. We are just 10 countries. You are like a hundred countries all jammed up in a territory the size of Brazil. :lol

ElNono
05-26-2016, 11:01 PM

that's because europe sends over 2x the amount of teams, tbh... in light of that, it's actually embarrassing that the all time Finals appearances rank looks like this:

Germany (8)
Brazil (7)
Italy (6)
Argentina (5)

That said, even if teams like Switzerland or Bosnia are terrible, it's even worse that Africa and Asia send 9 teams combined... Ivory Coast, Iran, Japan, etc have no business in a World Cup, tbh...

apalisoc_9
05-26-2016, 11:04 PM
Europe is still the best Continent but Europeans are delusional if they think they Euros are more difficult. One, you have South America..

And two International teams are much more competitive nowadys. Continental powehouses like the USA-Mexico-Japan-Australia-Korea-an african team have repeadtly caused problems for European 2nd tier teams in the last 4 world cups.

That opinion would hold true in 1994 or something but even then you had really good teams like Belguim (very good that year) getting their shit pushed by the likes of Saudi Arabia :lol

apalisoc_9
05-26-2016, 11:05 PM
that's because europe sends over 2x the amount of teams, tbh... in light of that, it's actually embarrassing that the all time Finals appearances rank looks like this:

Germany (8)
Brazil (7)
Italy (6)
Argentina (5)

That said, even if teams like Switzerland or Bosnia are terrible, it's even worse that Africa and Asia send 9 teams combined... Ivory Coast, Iran, Japan, etc have no business in a World Cup, tbh...

Those are decent teams. Have people not caught up to the fact that Even Iran was better than fucking Bosnia in the last world cup. :lol

turkish spurs fan
05-26-2016, 11:06 PM
Yeah well. We are just 10 countries. You are like a hundred countries all jammed up in a territory the size of Brazil. :lol

so euros have more top level teams, european championships are more difficult then your continental cup.

do u remember the last min freekick of messi :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol in WC 2014. maradona > messi

apalisoc_9
05-26-2016, 11:06 PM
Again, this isnt 94..

DAF86
05-26-2016, 11:17 PM
so euros have more top level teams, european championships are more difficult then your continental cup.

do u remember the last min freekick of messi :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol in WC 2014. maradona > messi

Actually, South America has the top level team. Brazil is the daddy of all (except Argentina, tbh :hat). The shittiest teams in Europe are also like a million times shittier than the shittiest teams in South America. So not only South America has the highest peak, we also have the highest floor. But like we aren't self-centered douchebags we don't go around saying our competitions are harder than the WC.

ElNono
05-26-2016, 11:28 PM
Those are decent teams. Have people not caught up to the fact that Even Iran was better than fucking Bosnia in the last world cup. :lol

Come on son... they're all terrible, filler teams. The only reason we see Bosnia or Switzerland in the World Cup is because UEFA sends 13 teams, which is something that should really change. If the champ or host isn't from South America, we get the same amount of spots as Africa, which is not even half of what Europe gets. It's ridiculous.

There's obviously business reasons to expand the amount of teams and make it diverse, we all understand that, but it ends up making a shitty product, tbh... you watch some of these underdog teams, and all you're wondering is if they can park two more buses to hold on to the 0-0...

turkish spurs fan
05-26-2016, 11:31 PM
Actually, South America has the top level team. Brazil is the daddy of all (except Argentina, tbh :hat). The shittiest teams in Europe are also like a million times shittier than the shittiest teams in South America. So not only South America has the highest peak, we also have the highest floor. But like we aren't self-centered douchebags we don't go around saying our competitions are harder than the WC.

i respect brazil very much. i respect argentina too but you should accept that arg are loser after maradona.

WCs are more open to make surprise. european championships have higher level of competiveness. it is the first time in 2016, 24 teams will play instead of 16. it may can down the quality.

ElNono
05-26-2016, 11:33 PM
Going back to the OP, I'm not defending Argentina for this, tbh. We've just been running against daddy Germany since 1986 and haven't been able to overcome them...

IIRC, we've lost and been eliminated by them at least 4 times since then... ('90 Final, '06, '10 and '14 Final)...

DAF86
05-26-2016, 11:34 PM
Come on son... they're all terrible, filler teams. The only reason we see Bosnia or Switzerland in the World Cup is because UEFA sends 13 teams, which is something that should really change. If the champ or host isn't from South America, we get the same amount of spots as Africa, which is not even half of what Europe gets. It's ridiculous.

There's obviously business reasons to expand the amount of teams and make it diverse, we all understand that, but it ends up making a shitty product, tbh... you watch some of these underdog teams, and all you're wondering is if they can park two more buses to hold on to the 0-0...

There's no difference whatsoever between teams like Ivory Coast or fucking Bosnia. Only ignorant Europeans think there is.

DAF86
05-26-2016, 11:39 PM
i respect brazil very much. i respect argentina too but you should accept that arg are loser after maradona.

WCs are more open to make surprise. european championships have higher level of competiveness. it is the first time in 2016, 24 teams will play instead of 16. it may can down the quality.

You keep repeating the same shit but you aren't coming with any evidence son. :lol

Please explain me how a team like Albania is any more difficult than a team like Nigeria. :lol

turkish spurs fan
05-26-2016, 11:51 PM
You keep repeating the same shit but you aren't coming with any evidence son. :lol

Please explain me how a team like Albania is any more difficult than a team like Nigeria. :lol

i don't say you re singing yourself haha. they r joining for the first time coz of a lucky group and for ex holland out. some african teams are talented but dont have competitive mentality and discipline by the way. the weakest european teams have game plan.

DAF86
05-26-2016, 11:57 PM
So yeah, some subjective shit that doesn't make sense. That's what I thought. :lol

My job here is done. Mamba out.

apalisoc_9
05-27-2016, 12:48 AM

What do you suggest, Reduce the number of teams? That's counter productive to FIFAs goal of improving the quality of football in every continent which you cant deny have significantly improved.

I've campaigned for South America getting a 5.5 Spot as opposed to the the current count of 4.5

The problem with Reducing African-Asian spots is that it puts the quality teams in those confeds in a tight situation that is almost impossible to manage if they slip up considering the fact that there are other teams there that have decent teams...

You can't deny how much the top teams from these continents have improved due to the 32 format instead of the 24.

Its not like the 6thor 5th best team is a sire shot better team than say the 12 team in Europe, Asia etc. Uru lost lost to Australia..these teams might lack european talent but they are easily much more structured etc.

Imo the allocations is just fine.

TheGreatYacht
05-27-2016, 12:49 AM
:lol Albania, Iceland, Hungary, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovakia

The only Copa America Centenario team as mediocre as those is USMNT, tbh

apalisoc_9
05-27-2016, 12:55 AM
I think the last couple of mundial have been the most competitive Ive seens. The shitt teams usually have a fighting chance to make it out of the group even after 2 games.

Maybe I dont remeber correctly, but the last day of the group stages in 2014 was tense. Shitty teams are starting to get better

ElNono
05-27-2016, 06:53 PM
Currently beating powerhouse Honduras in a warm-up to the glorious Copa America Centenario... climbing det FIFA ranking...

ElNono
05-27-2016, 07:29 PM
Missi hurt in this friendly, tbh, we might have a shot at Copa America now...

Canyonero
05-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Missi hurt in this friendly, tbh, we might have a shot at Copa America now...

As long as Mercado is ok tbh...

ElNono
05-27-2016, 07:51 PM
As long as Mercado is ok tbh...

yep

Brazil
05-31-2016, 04:22 PM
All time Europe leads 11 to 9 and won last 3. To rank continents or countries I don't do euro and copa stuff, there is one competition for that: the WC. thats it and thats all

Thing is when you factor population number of teams SA is historically still ahead but gap between european and south american powerhouses capable to win a WC is increasing. Unless a quick sponteneous generation which is always possible with Brazil, Brazil is out of equation for a while (Italy and Germany are closer to 5 than Brazil to 6 tbh), I believe Argentina missed its opportunity with last WC: next one is in Europe, Messi will be 30 still prime but probably not as good. I dont see any other SA team capable to get a WC anytime soon. After next WC, Europe will probably be at 12 and counting

Brazil
05-31-2016, 04:23 PM

except for Argentina, this is quite good tbh

Brazil
05-31-2016, 04:25 PM
All time countries, that goes like this:

Brazil
Germany
Italy
Argentina

Uruguay (even though it has been a while :lol)
France
Spain

England
The rest

DAF86
05-31-2016, 09:55 PM
All time Europe leads 11 to 9 and won last 3. To rank continents or countries I don't do euro and copa stuff, there is one competition for that: the WC. thats it and thats all

Thing is when you factor population number of teams SA is historically still ahead but gap between european and south american powerhouses capable to win a WC is increasing. Unless a quick sponteneous generation which is always possible with Brazil, Brazil is out of equation for a while (Italy and Germany are closer to 5 than Brazil to 6 tbh), I believe Argentina missed its opportunity with last WC: next one is in Europe, Messi will be 30 still prime but probably not as good. I dont see any other SA team capable to get a WC anytime soon. After next WC, Europe will probably be at 12 and counting

How the fuck can Italy be closer to win a WC than Brazil when they haven't even got out of the group stage in the last 2 WC and they have no young star at sight that could lead them in the future. Italy would give all of its players to have a Neymar, tbh. :lol

Brazil
06-01-2016, 08:48 AM
How the fuck can Italy be closer to win a WC than Brazil when they haven't even got out of the group stage in the last 2 WC and they have no young star at sight that could lead them in the future. Italy would give all of his players to have a Neymar, tbh. :lol

I think you are overestimating Brazil but you're right Italy is crap right now

dfens
06-01-2016, 12:00 PM
How the fuck can Italy be closer to win a WC than Brazil when they haven't even got out of the group stage in the last 2 WC and they have no young star at sight that could lead them in the future. Italy would give all of his players to have a Neymar, tbh. :lol

italy will be back before brazil son. they got cucked really bad by the calciopoli and the resulting lack of revenue made developing young players an afterthought, that's why you see so few names these days. They still produced solid tactical/technical players and got to a euro final so it wasn't all that black. The national team kinda panicked and played some weird teams, calling dumbass :monkey:monkey:monkey instead of italians. They are starting to get some new talent right now, which looks better than what I see from brazil. They also got unlucky with key injuries for this euro. Still, there is an overall direction being followed, something I can't say of brazil. And I doubt they'd trade all their midfield/defensive talent for neymar.

DAF86
06-01-2016, 01:44 PM
If I had to bet I would bet on Brazil making the semis again in Russia, and Italy getting eliminated on the group stage. Again. tbh. imho. fwiw.

resistanze
06-01-2016, 01:57 PM
:lol Euro more difficult than WC

lefty
06-01-2016, 02:12 PM

Messi will never win Euro tbh

apalisoc_9
06-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Messi will never win Euro tbh

Nigga can't even win a tournament against the powehouse of Bolivia, peru, usa..etc..and he cam win a euro? Please..:lmao

We're talking about a nugga that lost to Bolivia 6-1 in an important qualifier :lmao

Brazil
06-02-2016, 10:09 AM

Some years ago that was probably true tbh... not anymore