7kHVUd85emw

cDTTKRDG1YQ

SD126
05-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Would be ideal if D-Worst is gone.

Kawhitstorm
05-21-2016, 02:47 PM
Would be ideal if D-Worst is gone.

Supposedly, he wants to opt-out in favor of a long term contract which is smart considering his injury history: http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2016/04/11/darrell-arthur/14207/#disqus_thread

Darrell Arthur’s immediate career wish is simple: He wants to stay with the Nuggets.
Getting there, however, could be more complicated.
Because, while the veteran forward does have a player option for next season that he could pick up and be paid roughly $2.9 million, Arthur will, at least initially, be in search of more security than the one-year plus option deal he received last summer. To do get that he’d have to opt out by the late June deadline and then negotiate a multi-year deal with the Nuggets.
“I definitely want to be here, especially if they extend me three or four years,” Arthur told The Post. “That would be great. Because I love the city, I love the team, I love the direction the coach is going in and the organization. So, I want to be here.”
Asked if he would definitely pick up his option, Arthur said “I don’t know. I have to talk to my agent.”

SD126
05-21-2016, 02:52 PM
Supposedly, he wants to opt-out in favor of a long term contract which is smart considering his injury history: http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/2016/04/11/darrell-arthur/14207/#disqus_thread

Don't blame him though. I like his game. Don't know how much more he'd get from the $2.9 mil he'll get if he opts out, but given his injury history, think he wants long term stability.

J_Paco
05-21-2016, 03:56 PM
Solid numbers, but he isn't a good shooter (career 44% from the field) and lacks size. He could be solid as a younger Diaw and West replacement but he does nothing to address the issue of size upfront.

Plus, like someone else mentioned he has a pretty bad injury history.

Kawhitstorm
05-21-2016, 05:09 PM
Solid numbers, but he isn't a good shooter (career 44% from the field) and lacks size. He could be solid as a younger Diaw and West replacement but he does nothing to address the issue of size upfront.

He would be an upgrade over D-Worst.

spurraider21
05-21-2016, 05:19 PM
looked like he was going to have a really nice career but got held up because of a big injury early on

dbestpro
05-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Speights is going to be a free agent, and he will be looking for a bigger role.

Kawhitstorm
05-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Speights is going to be a free agent, and he will be looking for a bigger role.

Speights is no where near the defender that Arthur has been throughout his career. Speight is essentially a bigger version of D-Worst while Arthur is a younger version of McDyess.

jermaine
05-21-2016, 09:16 PM
I use to work with Arthur's mother at Dart.. She was a bus driver. He's a good kid.

Blackjack
05-21-2016, 09:37 PM
Speights is no where near the defender that Arthur has been throughout his career. Speight is essentially a bigger version of D-Worst while Arthur is a younger version of McDyess.

Maybe a younger version of McDyess as a Spur. McDyess was a beast in his prime.

Kawhitstorm
05-21-2016, 09:46 PM
Maybe a younger version of McDyess as a Spur. McDyess was a beast in his prime.

Of course, I'm talking about D-Worst/McDyess in a Spurs uniform. Not Hornets David West & Denver McDyess.:lol

Blackjack
05-21-2016, 10:10 PM
Of course, I'm talking about D-Worst/McDyess in a Spurs uniform. Not Hornets David West & Denver McDyess.:lol

A lot of younger folks on this site. Can't assume, just clarifying.

Ditty
05-21-2016, 10:17 PM
Haven't been keeping up with him in recent time, especially after tearing his ACL, but I know in Memphis he couldn't miss a fucking midrange jumper.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2016, 10:47 PM
He's fucking trash :lol

Yeah, let's just keep giving these undersized PF's a shot, I'm sure it'll work this time. 64th time's a charm

Kawhitstorm
05-21-2016, 10:51 PM
He's fucking trash :lol

Yeah, let's just keep giving these undersized PF's a shot, I'm sure it'll work this time. 64th time's a charm

He had the 3rd best DRPM last season among PFs only behind Draymond/Davis while playing on a shitty team: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/year/2015/sort/DRPM/position/6

Kawhitstorm
05-21-2016, 11:25 PM
vs. Harrison "max money" Barnes: http://bkref.com/tiny/Wp3RT

vs. Duds this season: http://bkref.com/tiny/WeXJZ

(http://bkref.com/tiny/WeXJZ)

SD126
05-21-2016, 11:28 PM
You're talking a D-Worst replacement. He'd do better than D-Worst did here by virtual default.

SD126
05-21-2016, 11:29 PM

Speights isn't even a defender.

Kawhitstorm
05-21-2016, 11:31 PM
You're talking a D-Worst replacement. He'd do better than D-Worst did here by virtual default.

He would have been the best big on the bench against OKC.

Speights isn't even a defender.

Didn't I say "a bigger version of D-Worst"?:wakeup

look_at_g_shred
05-22-2016, 12:28 AM
Isn't he undersized though? And being taller than west doesn't count.

SAGirl
05-22-2016, 12:39 AM
What were his injuries? Is he Tiago like injury wise?

tbdog
05-22-2016, 12:47 AM

He played 70 games this year, and kinda lost his place in the rotation when Denver got healthy and younger. So i am not sure if those 12 games missed was due to injuries.

Kawhitstorm
05-22-2016, 01:11 AM
Isn't he undersized though? And being taller than west doesn't count.

Arthur isn't a post defender, he's an excellent PnR defender ala Bosh who used to get killed in the post by Hibbert.:lol

D-Worst is undersized & can't move his feet, not to mention his jumper now being broke. Arthur is essentially a shorter/less skilled version of Bosh who can guard Draymond & switch onto Curry without being burnt. He can also be matched up against Ibaka & switch onto WestBrick when they run the PnP. Considering that Pop was adamant on switching, a mobile big can come in handy.

Essentially, sign Cole Aldrich to deal w/ OKC & Arthur for the Duds.

Kawhitstorm
05-22-2016, 01:14 AM

He ruptured his achilles back in 2011 & picks up random injuries like Anthony Davis.

SD126
05-22-2016, 02:07 AM
Essentially, sign Cole Aldrich to deal w/ OKC & Arthur for the Duds.

Finally someone on here with an idea that makes sense.

I'm in on this

MaNu4Tres
05-22-2016, 07:19 AM
He would be an upgrade over D-Worst.

Do not want another pick and Pop guy -- either should you if you like motion offense and wide open weak side 3s or layups.

palangi
05-22-2016, 10:09 AM
Yes, please...another undersized PF?

J_Paco
05-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Do not want another pick and Pop guy -- either should you if you like motion offense and wide open weak side 3s or layups.

Thomas Robinson and Miles Plumlee or Meyers Leonard then?

The team could be filling in anywhere from 1 to 4 big men spots, so they should look at any and all candidates to upgrade the rotation.

They need another center regardless of what Timmy and Boban (to a lesser extent) do since that was the biggest team weakness/why they were ousted. Finding a younger, more athletic and preferably bigger (height/size wise) back up for LaMarcus is also needed. I don'the think Arthur fits any of those needs, but he is a proven commodity in the league.

Kawhitstorm
05-22-2016, 03:34 PM

Who the hell said a jump shooter can't play in a motion offense, last I checked Bonner was starting for Tiago in the 2014 WCF.:lol Besides, if Arthur was on the roster during the OKC series he would have punished Ibaka/Adams for doubling LMA when he was posting up.

I'm not advocating that he become that starter, I'm vouching for Cole Aldrich to play the Tiago role & Arthur to replace D-Worst. If PATFO can convince Pau to be a backup then they can dump Diaw (Pau can play point center) & start LMA/Aldrich w/ Pau/Arthur being the backups; this will solve the Turd Tower issue. Arthur can play with any of the 3 bigs & defend the 1-4 PnRs or stretch 4s.

SD126
05-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Who the hell said a jump shooter can't play in a motion offense, last I checked Bonner was starting for Tiago in the 2014 WCF.:lol Besides, if Arthur was on the roster during the OKC series he would have punished Ibaka/Adams for doubling LMA when he was posting up.

I'm not advocating that he become that starter, I'm vouching for Cole Aldrich to play the Tiago role & Arthur to replace D-Worst. If PATFO can convince Pau to be a backup then they can dump Diaw (Pau can play point center) & start LMA/Aldrich w/ Pau/Arthur being the backups; this will solve the Turd Tower issue. Arthur can play with any of the 3 bigs & defend the 1-4 PnRs or stretch 4s.

Individual you responded to thinks getting Miles Plumlee and Jason Thompson are the answers to all the Spurs' turd towers issues.

TD 21
05-22-2016, 05:18 PM

Arthur is more like a poor man's Patterson, but unlike him, he doesn't strike me as a Spur. On top of that, he only recently started shooting threes, hasn't yet shown capable of being a high volume, above average three-point shooter and though he has sufficient mobility, doesn't really do anything else.

To be fair, Teletovic is probably going to be a relatively difficult get and there's a steep drop off after him, in terms of realistic options. In addition to Arthur, there's Villanueva, Tolliver, Kelly, McRoberts (salary dump), Novak, Nicholson, Leuer, Acy, Scola, Gooden. If worse comes to worst, Nicholson or Leuer.

They won't have the money for both Aldrich and Gasol and no way in hell an ego as massive as the latter's accepts backing up a guy who's been a career fringe player until now.

TheGreatYacht
05-22-2016, 05:33 PM
Individual you responded to thinks getting Miles Plumlee and Jason Thompson are the answers to all the Spurs' turd towers issues.
He suggested Miles Plumlee?!?!

:lol White American NBA players

MaNu4Tres
05-22-2016, 07:07 PM

Apparently you do not understand what makes the motion offense optimally efficient.

Matt Bonner wasn't a pick and Pop guy. He was a spread four. There's a huge difference IMO.

When you have 48 minutes of pick and pop guys utilized in your offense-- the overall offense will suffer and will not be optimally effective/efficient especially in a series vs. a great team. Good teams/defenses will stay at home on the weakside almost always -- giving up the 15-18 footer to the Arthurs and David Wests of the NBA. Its the worst shot an offense can take and it doesn't take any effort from the weak-side perimeter defenders. Weak-side perimeter defenders stay at home and it becomes a lot harder for the motion offense to develop the highest +EV shots ( open corner 3's on weak-side, layups/dunks or open 3's in general).

That is what made Splitter w/ the 2nd unit so valuable and thats why they almost always built on to leads. It was a lay up or a wide open three for the Spurs offense every possession and ball-movement was effective because all 5 defenders had to scramble. Having West instead of Splitter w/ 2nd unit this year hurt Spurs motion offense when it mattered (vs elite teams; it wasn't as efficient), all five defenders didn't have to scramble as much because they didn't have to worry about a diver sucking in the defense in the middle of the lane -- the defenders of the PnR would just stay under and gave the mid-range to West. It allowed the weak-side perimeter D stay at home and it became really difficult for Green, Mills or Manu to get going or to get off a clean look.

As for Bonner, he was never a mid-range pick and pop guy -- he was a spread four and opponents had to defend Bonner if he did pop out because he popped out to the three point line and was very efficient. A wide open three is a much more valuable shot than a open mid-range two in the long run -- its not even close. Plus, Bonner was most effective when he played with Splitter or healthy TD -- both were great divers in the motion offense from 12-14'.

Look at the Warriors offense for example -- they have 48 minutes of offense that features a diver in at all times ( Bogut/Ezeli) -- which helps their motion offense be optimally effective.

Maybe now you understand why I'm saying Spurs don't need another pick and pop midrange big.

Kawhitstorm
05-22-2016, 08:28 PM
Look at the Warriors offense for example -- they have 48 minutes of offense that features a diver in at all times ( Bogut/Ezeli) -- which helps their motion offense be optimally effective.

Maybe now you understand why I'm saying Spurs don't need another pick and pop midrange big.

Dummy, Speight is mid-range shooter who played more minutes last season when he was 27% three point shooter.:lol Guess where most of his assists come from: Shaun "Mid-range" Livingston.:lol
Speight doesn't even play w/ any roll men, he plays center & besides Livingston, they surround him w/ Iggy/Barbosa/Barnes or Rush.:wakeup

Darrell Arthur shot 38% on 45 makes while Iggy shot 35% on 54 makes, usually from the corner w/ no soul around him aka PRACTICE 3s.:lol (Arthur shoots from the wing/top of the key)

Arthur is essentially as good a 3 point shooter than Iggy whose job is to spread the floor in halfcourt sets.:lol

Don't compare him to D-Worst whose career high in makes in 8.:lmao

Bosh is more comparable: Bosh shot 34% on 74 makes mostly from the wing during his last season w/ Bron when his job was to spread the floor. Arthur is also shorter but just as mobile & athletic as Bosh.

Another player you can compare him to is Ibaka who shot 32% on 60 made 3s but most of them were from the corner. On defense, Arthur just isn't a shot blocker but can't be any worse of post defender/rebounder.:lol

Basically, have Pau running PnRs & let him either roll, shoot or pitch the ball to the open man. Otherwise, he can still post up backup centers. If Pau doesn't want to play backup then look into someone like Mozgov.

Kawhitstorm
05-22-2016, 08:52 PM
Arthur is more like a poor man's Patterson, but unlike him, he doesn't strike me as a Spur. On top of that, he only recently started shooting threes, hasn't yet shown capable of being a high volume, above average three-point shooter and though he has sufficient mobility, doesn't really do anything else.

To be fair, Teletovic is probably going to be a relatively difficult get and there's a steep drop off after him, in terms of realistic options. In addition to Arthur, there's Villanueva, Tolliver, Kelly, McRoberts (salary dump), Novak, Nicholson, Leuer, Acy, Scola, Gooden. If worse comes to worst, Nicholson or Leuer.

They won't have the money for both Aldrich and Gasol and no way in hell an ego as massive as the latter's accepts backing up a guy who's been a career fringe player until now.

I agree with most of what you said but Arthur doesn't have character issues for me to say he "doesn't strike me as a Spurs". He always plays hard & doesn't complain about minutes. He doesn't showboat or anything & is a career backup so he knows his role. Although Patterson is a better shooter, Arthur is a high energy guy which makes a better fit as a change-of-pace guy coming off the bench.

He's actually very comparable to the Spurs version Rasual Butler (except younger/more athletic) who was ST's favorite child.:lol

Gasol is a luxury more than a need so he won't be missed, rather have Mozgov as long as his knee isn't shot. Leuer would be fine as Bonner replacement if they can get him for the minimum. Nicholson is also intriguing, he & Slow-Mo running PnRs/fastbreaks would be hilarious.

TD 21
05-23-2016, 05:39 PM
I agree with most of what you said but Arthur doesn't have character issues for me to say he "doesn't strike me as a Spurs". He always plays hard & doesn't complain about minutes. He doesn't showboat or anything & is a career backup so he knows his role. Although Patterson is a better shooter, Arthur is a high energy guy which makes a better fit as a change-of-pace guy coming off the bench.

He's actually very comparable to the Spurs version Rasual Butler (except younger/more athletic) who was ST's favorite child.:lol

Gasol is a luxury more than a need so he won't be missed, rather have Mozgov as long as his knee isn't shot. Leuer would be fine as Bonner replacement if they can get him for the minimum. Nicholson is also intriguing, he & Slow-Mo running PnRs/fastbreaks would be hilarious.

Nothing major, but right or wrong, he doesn't strike me as a Spur.

He's not the worst option in the world and they may in fact have to settle for someone in his class, but they need to set their sights higher first.

The role Gasol would play is a need though. If teams feel Mozgov can regain his previous form, he'll get more for longer than Gasol. I'm not interested in tying up what will be required for someone of his ilk.

Leuer is probably the most likely candidate out of the names listed. Nicholson is a talented inside-out scorer, but he's got an explosive temper, is lead footed and has an aversion to passing.