PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Spurs record stands for one more year

Seventyniner
05-21-2016, 10:54 PM
12 straight playoff wins in a single postseason. I thought the Cavs would tie it and lose to the Warriors in game 1, but props to the Raptors for not getting swept.

:flag:

Obi Juan Kenobi
05-22-2016, 12:04 AM
:toast

Spurtacular
05-22-2016, 12:19 AM
Fuck the Cavs and all these sh** teams they're playing. 99 Spurs were sweeping the likes of Shaq/Kobe.

hater
05-22-2016, 07:53 AM
12 straight playoff wins in a single postseason. I thought the Cavs would tie it and lose to the Warriors in game 1, but props to the Raptors for not getting swept.

:flag:

Raptors are a decent team. Just like the spurs.

TXstbobcat
05-22-2016, 09:03 AM
Brings back memories!!! I remember that '99 team sweeping the Blazers in the WCF. It felt unreal knowing the Spurs were going to the finals for the 1st time.

daslicer
05-22-2016, 10:32 AM
It's one of the few sacred records the Spurs have. It's possible a team may tie this record are break it one day but I think it's one those records that will stand for a longtime much like how the Lakers regular season winstreak record has yet to be broken.

Sean Cagney
05-22-2016, 01:22 PM
Fuck the Cavs and all these sh** teams they're playing. 99 Spurs were sweeping the likes of Shaq/Kobe.

Portland in 1999 >>>>>>>>>>> Any team the Cavs have played by far, truth.
It's one of the few sacred records the Spurs have. It's possible a team may tie this record are break it one day but I think it's one those records that will stand for a longtime much like how the Lakers regular season winstreak record has yet to be broken.

That is one record that actually means something as well and I am proud of, they won a title out of that hard work. The 40-1 at home was cool but you drop 2 at home on one series and bow out in round two, that record is cute but it lead to NOTHING in the end. I agree the 12 straight is sweet.
Brings back memories!!! I remember that '99 team sweeping the Blazers in the WCF. It felt unreal knowing the Spurs were going to the finals for the 1st time.
Boy did it, when they stole that game 2 I was like this is their year, finally.

daslicer
05-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Portland in 1999 >>>>>>>>>>> Any team the Cavs have played by far, truth.

That is one record that actually means something as well and I am proud of, they won a title out of that hard work. The 40-1 at home was cool but you drop 2 at home on one series and bow out in round two, that record is cute but it lead to NOTHING in the end. I agree the 12 straight is sweet.
Boy did it, when they stole that game 2 I was like this is their year, finally.

The other great playoff record the Spurs have that I think won't be broken for a longtime is the margin of victory record they had against Miami. The Spurs had the highest margin of victory average in NBA finals history. The 12 game win streak record and the finals margin of victory record are very special because they both occurred during championship runs.

LkrFan
05-22-2016, 03:03 PM
:lol

daslicer
05-22-2016, 03:10 PM
:lol

:rolleyes

LkrFan
05-22-2016, 05:08 PM
:rolleyes

What? :lol

Sean Cagney
05-22-2016, 05:09 PM
The other great playoff record the Spurs have that I think won't be broken for a longtime is the margin of victory record they had against Miami. The Spurs had the highest margin of victory average in NBA finals history. The 12 game win streak record and the finals margin of victory record are very special because they both occurred during championship runs.

For the whole playoffs they had a record for the most wins by 15+ points too if I am correct?

LakerHater
05-22-2016, 06:03 PM
in a 5 game series... lost game 2 then never lost again!

davidbowie
05-22-2016, 06:37 PM
I went to every playoff game in 99 spent every cent I had. Didn't think we would ever get back. Worth it all. Miss the dome :(

baseline bum
05-22-2016, 06:45 PM

Yeah. I still to this day have never seen the end of Game 4 nor the WC trophy presentation since I got in line for Finals tickets at the Alamodome in the third quarter of Game 4, knowing the series was over. :lol

Seventyniner
05-22-2016, 07:20 PM
Yeah. I still to this day have never seen the end of Game 4 nor the WC trophy presentation since I got in line for Finals tickets at the Alamodome in the third quarter of Game 4, knowing the series was over. :lol

If I remember right, it was just more Jaren Jackson doing 1999 playoffs Jaren Jackson things.

dbreiden83080
05-22-2016, 08:09 PM

Scary the east has been so bad since really Jordan retired. No depth whatsoever in almost 20 years..