PDA

View Full Version : Youssou Ndoye

palangi
05-22-2016, 12:19 PM
Listen he isn't going to score 20 points a game, but he is a 7'er that has mobility and could be a 3rd center that plays good defense and rebounds. But he is long and athletic and played for the Toros last year. It will be interesting to see his development in the summer league this year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kM9t3vINuvg

CGD
05-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Either him or Mulitinov to develop at the 5/6 big role. Spurs need a blue collar, dirty work guy to play next the LMA when they go big.

I think it would be a mistake to go the other way and pursue someone like Hortford when the Spurs already have two post dominant players in LMA and Leonard on offense.

If Splitter can stay healthy if bring him back for the final year of his deal until the Spurs can develop someone for the longer term.

GSH
05-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Just curious. Who do you think will be the first and second C's?

palangi
05-22-2016, 01:31 PM
I'd like to go after Miles Plumlee to be one of the two.

wildbill2u
05-22-2016, 03:29 PM
I enjoyed watching him play in some of the Toro games. In summer league this year he should be miles ahead of where he was last year. The Spurs should have brought him in and used him in spots for a short trial or two this year to give him some regular league experience.

SAGirl
05-22-2016, 07:51 PM
I enjoyed watching him play in some of the Toro games. In summer league this year he should be miles ahead of where he was last year. The Spurs should have brought him in and used him in spots for a short trial or two this year to give him some regular league experience.
ya, we didn't have spots though... guys who were playing like Butler had to be cut to sign Kmart... and you know the story on Bonner.

Chinook
05-22-2016, 07:56 PM
I've been a fan on Ndoye since his first or second summer league game last year. He just had the attitude I wanted to see in a bench big. I thought he was like a defensive version of Baynes. Had he been two or three years younger, I think he would have been a top-40 pick. I hope he has enough upside, and I hope the Spurs are the team that tries to find out.

palangi
05-22-2016, 09:01 PM
I've been a fan on Ndoye since his first or second summer league game last year. He just had the attitude I wanted to see in a bench big. I thought he was like a defensive version of Baynes. Had he been two or three years younger, I think he would have been a top-40 pick. I hope he has enough upside, and I hope the Spurs are the team that tries to find out.
I hope he gets that opportunity as well. He is a big long dude with some mobility.

BackHome
05-22-2016, 11:06 PM
Lets see what spots we have open:

PG - Miller 40 years old so he will be gone
SG - Martin he will be gone
PF - Bonner Please for the LOVE OF GOD BE GONE

We still need a PG, a SG, we don't need Bonner so For Love Of God bring over Bertans.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Diaw and West?

So just asking who is better this guy or other big we have in Europe?

TheGoldStandard
05-22-2016, 11:17 PM
Can't do much worse than what Diaw and West did in the playoffs.

Chinook
05-23-2016, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I'd totally pencil in Ndoye and Lalanne as the fifth and sixth bigs this upcoming season. Now they just need to find the second, third and fourth bigs.

UZER
05-23-2016, 11:51 AM
Yeah that's good and all, but pops not gonna play in the playoffs for two years so there's that.

palangi
05-23-2016, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I'd totally pencil in Ndoye and Lalanne as the fifth and sixth bigs this upcoming season. Now they just need to find the second, third and fourth bigs.
I think Lalanne could be the 4th big and Ndoye the 5th big.

PF- LMA, Bertans, Lalanne
C - Plumlee, Boban, Ndoye

i think Plumlee fits perfectly with Aldridge.

mo7888
05-23-2016, 12:27 PM
I think Lalanne could be the 4th big and Ndoye the 5th big.

PF- LMA, Bertans, Lalanne
C - Plumlee, Boban, Ndoye

i think Plumlee fits perfectly with Aldridge.

I like that lineup for the most part. I don't think Boban is really NBA material. I'd prefer his spot got to Multinov or a Thomas Robinson energy type guy....but, the rest you mention I'm in favor of...

palangi
05-23-2016, 12:38 PM
I like that lineup for the most part. I don't think Boban is really NBA material. I'd prefer his spot got to Multinov or a Thomas Robinson energy type guy....but, the rest you mention I'm in favor of...
If Multinov is ready then I'm down. Id rather have him than Boban as well.

wildbill2u
05-23-2016, 12:42 PM

I'm in for Ndoye over Lalanne. He's a legit 7' and not a tweener. By the end of the season in Austin he was a beast, grabbing double digit rebounds, scoring in double digits and getting multiple blocks.(6) in several games with limited minutes. Hoping he will show the imprivement in SL.

he may give Boban a run for his money in the rotation. (Damn, I hope i'm not blinding myself to th fact that he's been in the D-league. I don't want to be a player fan, eh?)

timtonymanu
05-23-2016, 12:53 PM
Hopefully Pop will stop wasting a spot on Bonner and just give it to this guy.

Chinook
05-23-2016, 12:57 PM
I'm in for Ndoye over Lalanne. He's a legit 7' and not a tweener. By the end of the season in Austin he was a beast, grabbing double digit rebounds, scoring in double digits and getting multiple blocks.(6) in several games with limited minutes. Hoping he will show the imprivement in SL.

he may give Boban a run for his money in the rotation. (Damn, I hope i'm not blinding myself to th fact that he's been in the D-league. I don't want to be a player fan, eh?)

I liked Youssou more than Boban during the pre-season. Again, he just has the makings of a great energy big. He's still raw, but yes, He's a really good prospect for a deep-rotation spot. Still like Cady, too, though. Want to see the two of them hopefully working off whomever the team drafts at guard next month during the summer league.

palangi
05-23-2016, 01:21 PM

No reason to compare Ndoye and Lalanne as one is a 5 and the other is a 4. Why not bring both. And at 6'10" and a 7'3" wingspan Lalanne brings good size to the 4 spot. I also would like to see him work with Aldridge as they are fairly similar.

poeticism707
05-23-2016, 03:55 PM
Lets see what spots we have open:

PG - Miller 40 years old so he will be gone
SG - Martin he will be gone
PF - Bonner Please for the LOVE OF GOD BE GONE

We still need a PG, a SG, we don't need Bonner so For Love Of God bring over Bertans.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Diaw and West?

So just asking who is better this guy or other big we have in Europe?

THIS, THIS, AND MORE THIS!!!!

Cut all the veteran bums listed,

and sign Ndoye, amongst others.

SAGirl
05-23-2016, 04:39 PM
Ndoye could get picked up if he has a good SL by another team. He will put us in the Jamychal Green situation. I hope unlike JGreen Spurs don't let him go if that's the case.

I remember him being incredibly agile and quick for a big. He once dribbled coast to coast on a steal in preseason. That and him disrupting a few PNR in preseason getting his hand in the passing lanes were special. I wanted the Spurs to pick him up but unfortunately Boban was already signed, Pop still had a love affair with Bonner, and he picked up Butler with the intention to play him as a combo forward too. No room for Ndoye in the team.

I can't get a read on Boban, famous threads of mine are around wandering if we will resign him or not. I still dont know. If he's resigned it's bc they have a role for him as the main bench big at least (with D west or Diaw as the other). There is no sense in paying him unless he has a guaranteed role. Ndoye wouldn't be rotation caliber on his first season either, so it's not like resigning Boban would preclude him. Maybe Pop goes:
Lma/dwest
Boban/Diaw
Ndoye/Cady

I think Bertans is more of a 3. I have looked up his numbers and he only contributes in shooting/scoring, not a big rebounder at all, too skinny to defend the post, so I suspect he doesn't have a body to bang with 4s. Maybe Pop slots him as a combo forward, but for him it's wait and see as well.

spurtech09
05-23-2016, 05:28 PM
Who?