PDA

View Full Version : TTU vs NU

hussker
10-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Anyone wanna babble about this one? We are going to kick your @$$E$ in Lincoln next week you sorry gunslingers...WE HAVE A D that will eat your @$$!

GO BIG RED (and please, no "fans" only ALUMNI...we have enough ne'er do wells on this forum screwing around...)

HUGZ,
HUSSKER
C/O 95

FromWayDowntown
10-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Don't you have to score before you can win?

'98L

Horry For 3!
10-01-2005, 07:49 PM
My step-dad likes Tech but I don't. I don't get him though, hes a Texas & Tech fan....how he is, I have no idea. I guess cause he grew up near Lubbock.

Mr Dio
10-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Is anyone going to watch this game? Seriously, no panty bunching intended but seriously, is anyone going to get that bored?

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Is anyone going to watch this game? Seriously, no panty bunching intended but seriously, is anyone going to get that bored?
I don't even think its on tv.

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech is up 21 - 7

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Tech is up 21 - 14 at half. This should be a good 2nd half.

Jimcs50
10-08-2005, 06:10 PM
) BET ID=32760681
Straight Wager 10/04/05 22:32 ET
50.00/45.45 Result: Pending
TexasTech
Nebraska 10/08/05 (16:10 ET)
Nebraska +4 :smokin

samikeyp
10-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Damn! Interception by NU, then a fumble TT gets it back.

samikeyp
10-08-2005, 06:18 PM
4th down....19 seconds left....Tech on the NU 10

samikeyp
10-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Touchdown Tech! Damn......this is a game!

Props to Nebraska win or lose....they impressed me today with their poise to come back.

Jimcs50
10-08-2005, 06:30 PM
I win the bet.

Nebraska stopped Tech on 4th down, but since the intercepted the ball and fumbled with seconds left, that led to Tech getting 3 more plays at the end zone. Had Nebraska just knocked the ball down instead of getting the pick, they would have won the game...that was a bad play by the Nebraska defender....stupid play as a matter of fact.

samikeyp
10-08-2005, 06:31 PM
True...of course if Tech could play defense...none of this would have happened. :)

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech won 34-31

2centsworth
10-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech a Top 10 team?

hussker
10-08-2005, 07:34 PM
1) Tech not a top 10 team
2) Nebraska 3 yrs away from dominance again once recruits are in order with O scheme
3) We could still win Big XII North and challenge, my guess is we will be in the Alamo Bowl this yr, potentially AFTER we play in the BIG XII vs tu. We shall see. The WCO is evolving, and for those of you who watched the NU-TTU game today, you hopefully saw a patient offense and a great Defense that will challenge. It will still come down to us and CU in the North.

I will be at BU next week for the game. Mostly because I want to be there, but my wife (THE AGGIE) wants to goad me if, by chance, we lose...not likely!

GO BIG RED!

hussker
10-08-2005, 07:37 PM

Probably better than anything you did today! GBR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j-6
10-08-2005, 07:57 PM
NU should finish second behind Colorado and go to a middlin' bowl game like the Independence. 8-3 sound about right?

2centsworth
10-08-2005, 08:01 PM
2) Nebraska 3 yrs away from dominance again once recruits are in order with O scheme

you're delusional.

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 08:20 PM
I think Colorado will win the Big 12 North.

Jdspur20
10-08-2005, 08:21 PM
3) We could still win Big XII North and challenge, my guess is we will be in the Alamo Bowl this yr, potentially AFTER we play in the BIG XII vs tu. We shall see. The WCO is evolving, and for those of you who watched the NU-TTU game today, you hopefully saw a patient offense and a great Defense that will challenge. It will still come down to us and CU in the North.

I will be at BU next week for the game. Mostly because I want to be there, but my wife (THE AGGIE) wants to goad me if, by chance, we lose...not likely!

GO BIG RED!

hey hussker, all i have to say to you is scoreboard bitch, have a nice day :)

hussker
10-08-2005, 08:45 PM
hey hussker, all i have to say to you is scoreboard bitch, have a nice day :)

And your Alma Mater is....? That's what I thought...Probably the STILL undefeated UTSA Roadrunners...Or Palo Alto whatevertheyare...
As I said in my first post, Alumni only...I see no alum here

No delusion, only reality. We will likely get the Alamo Bowl. We could win the Big XII North still, even if CU wins tonight.

We are still 3 yrs away from the top and we will be there. Mark my words and we shall discuss it again!

Hugz,
Hussker
NU C/O '95
GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 08:59 PM
And your Alma Mater is....? That's what I thought...Probably the STILL undefeated UTSA Roadrunners...Or Palo Alto whatevertheyare...

No delusion, only reality. We will likely get the Alamo Bowl. We could win the Big XII North still, even if CU wins tonight.

We are still 3 yrs away from the top and we will be there. Mark my words and we shall discuss it again!

Hugz,
Hussker
NU C/O '95
GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!
Why would it matter if they are Alma Mater or not? Everyone already went through this before.

mookie2001
10-08-2005, 09:01 PM
do you realize how far tech is away from san antonio?
I dont think youll find MANY alumni on st

its like the distance between lincoln and omaha, but further

hussker
10-08-2005, 09:01 PM
I think it matters if the initial post asks for AM to post vs ne'er do wells and trolls...But again, this is San Antonio...what more should I expect. You are right. Bring it on ACCD Grads! I can handle it!

hussker
10-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Lincoln to Omaha...about 40 miles (I know a short cut that is about 32 miles, but spooky cornfields, especially at night...)

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I think it matters if the initial post asks for AM to post vs ne'er do wells and trolls...But again, this is San Antonio...what more should I expect. You are right. Bring it on ACCD Grads! I can handle it!
:wtf that had to be the lamest comment I have ever read in my life

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 09:06 PM
I had some respect for you and Nebraska, that all went down the drain, you sir are an IDIOT.

hussker
10-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Yawn...Then don't read it...I thought the opening from the first post was clear. Obviously, others did not think it to be so, yourself included. I am sure there are more TTU Alum than NU alum on this board to post, given proximity and all. But, you can all play and root for whom you want to on a given day and sit back and WISH you had gone to that school instead of just rooting with a KOOZIE you bought at Academy...

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Yawn...Then don't read it...I thought the opening from the first post was clear. Obviously, others did not think it to be so, yourself included. I am sure there are more TTU Alum than NU alum on this board to post, given proximity and all. But, you can all play and root for whom you want to on a given day and sit back and WISH you had gone to that school instead of just rooting with a KOOZIE you bought at Academy...
Just because you don't go to a school doesn't mean you can't root for them. :lmao Your saying young kids who have never been to college yet can't root for their favorite team? STUPID

hussker
10-08-2005, 09:11 PM
See, and still, up to this point, no one has done anything but attept to besmirch me as a loyal alum...yet I do nothing of the sort for those who cheer for their AM and teams...Yet, for that, I am an idiot...hmmm...I have to check with my wife, a child psychologist, to see if I fit that definition...Oh, she says that technically, I do not. Wanna try another descriptive?

GO BIG RED!!!

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 09:12 PM
I have been a UT fan since I was very young, just because I don't go to the university doesn't mean I won't root for them.

j-6
10-08-2005, 09:13 PM
If you respect college football and its history, you should respect Nebraska in the same way you should respect Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, all the Florida superpowers, Notre Dame, and those bastards from Norman.

You can take a giant shit on the aggie-loving Husker guy and I could care less, though.

:D

hussker
10-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Just because you don't go to a school doesn't mean you can't root for them. :lmao Your saying young kids who have never been to college yet can't root for their favorite team? STUPID

BUT...The initial post was directed at Alum...specifically, and no one came on board except the [reviously defined ne'er do wells...As I figured. People just want to jump on board and slam...No biggie, I can hang!

Hugz,
Hussker!

GBR

hussker
10-08-2005, 09:15 PM
If you respect college football and its history, you should respect Nebraska in the same way you should respect Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, all the Florida superpowers, Notre Dame, and those bastards from Norman.

You can take a giant shit on the aggie-loving Husker guy and I could care less, though.

:D

How well you speak for yourself. Very impressive, the language and all. You may still have to get past us in Reliant in Dec ya know...One game, Any Given Saturday...

GBR!

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Actually I was never slamming you, I was just asking why would it matter if they are AM or not. I did slam you once you made a disrepectful comment about San Antonio as a whole. So you deserved to get slammed for talking shit about San Antonio.

hussker
10-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Actually I was never slamming you, I was just asking why would it matter if they are AM or not. I did slam you once you made a disrepectful comment about San Antonio as a whole. So you deserved to get slammed for talking shit about San Antonio.

I have and will continue to pay taxes in SA for years...I find it laughable that SA people jump on bandwagons (frequently) for teams that they see on TV and have no relation to, whether it be UT/aTm/TTU/Converse-Judson etc...

Spurs...different story. I defend them to the hilt! But I am a lonely Man of Corn amongst many wannabe argumenteurs...That's my only beef. I love SA, it is my home and I will always love it...Best of many things, but too many bandwagoners.

j-6
10-08-2005, 09:26 PM
How well you speak for yourself. Very impressive, the language and all. You may still have to get past us in Reliant in Dec ya know...One game, Any Given Saturday...

GBR!

Nebraska may very well win the North, certainly. Colorado looks awfully solid tonight and Texas will get yet another major test next weekend in Austin. I got a feeling that the North won't be decided until the Buffs and the Huskers go at it.

CU and NU play on Thanksgiving just like UT and A&M do, right?

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 09:26 PM
I have and will continue to pay taxes in SA for years...I find it laughable that SA people jump on bandwagons (frequently) for teams that they see on TV and have no relation to, whether it be UT/aTm/TTU/Converse-Judson etc...

Spurs...different story. I defend them to the hilt! But I am a lonely Man of Corn amongst many wannabe argumenteurs...That's my only beef. I love SA, it is my home and I will always love it...Best of many things, but too many bandwagoners.
You talking about the general bandwagoners? Because if you are calling me a UT bandwagoner then that is stupid, you have never seen my house and how many UT things we have plus all of my cousins, uncles, aunts, grandma went to UT on my dads side. The only thing thats funny is my grandpa played RB for A&M back in the day. I don't know how him and my grandpa met as a UT-A&M students :lol

hussker
10-08-2005, 09:50 PM
You talking about the general bandwagoners? Because if you are calling me a UT bandwagoner then that is stupid, you have never seen my house and how many UT things we have plus all of my cousins, uncles, aunts, grandma went to UT on my dads side. The only thing thats funny is my grandpa played RB for A&M back in the day. I don't know how him and my grandpa met as a UT-A&M students :lol

Never pointed a finger...I do not do that. My entire family is from Pklahoma and my ancestors cause tremors every Saturday in the fall when I am probably the only one cheering for NU since I am the black sheep that graduated from there (The ONLY time I saw my Dad cry was when I was 6 and Johnny Rodgers abused OU)...

Hey, are you coming to the UT/aTm game here in CS? Trying to have a get together for fellow fans who want to have some brews/food/football...My Aggie wife can hang if you are going to be in town for the game! I started a thread for it just recently so check it. The only thing is, we go to the UT aTm game and then we come b ack and watch NU-CU (oh and drink beer)

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Never pointed a finger...I do not do that. My entire family is from Pklahoma and my ancestors cause tremors every Saturday in the fall when I am probably the only one cheering for NU since I am the black sheep that graduated from there (The ONLY time I saw my Dad cry was when I was 6 and Johnny Rodgers abused OU)...

Hey, are you coming to the UT/aTm game here in CS? Trying to have a get together for fellow fans who want to have some brews/food/football...My Aggie wife can hang if you are going to be in town for the game! I started a thread for it just recently so check it. The only thing is, we go to the UT aTm game and then we come b ack and watch NU-CU (oh and drink beer)
I am not sure, I might be going to the game.

hussker
10-08-2005, 09:57 PM
I am not sure, I might be going to the game.

Well, keep on the other post...I will be going to the game but plan to push it up before and after at the Casa...

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Well, keep on the other post...I will be going to the game but plan to push it up before and after at the Casa...
I'll ask my friend or step-dad if they are going to go to the game because I am not going by myself.

samikeyp
10-09-2005, 09:49 AM
...But again, this is San Antonio...what more should I expect

I was born and raised in SA and I have been a fan of the teams I root for pretty much since birth. No doubt you have run across bandwagoners but its been my experience that most of the people I know here are pretty loyal to a particular team. A bandwagoner is not someone who roots for a team that they have no personal connection to. A bandwagoner is someone who goes from winning team to winning team just because they are winning. A real fan stays with his or her team no matter how they finish. As a Nebraska fan who has seen good times go to bad recently, yet never gave up on your team, you understand that.

and please, no "fans" only ALUMNI...we have enough ne'er do wells on this forum screwing around...)

So if I am not an Alum of a school and I root for them I am a "ne'er do well or a troll"? You have commented on UT, A&M and other schools but that is ok right? I commented on the game itself and propped one of its competitors....is that illegal now? For some reason you seem to think that unless you went to a school....you don't have the right to root for that school or can be knowledgable in the sport. Personally I disagree. I know people who attended UT and couldn't tell you who Earl Campbell was and people who went to A&M who think Dat Ngyuen is something you order at a chinese buffet. I also know people who didn't go to either school who would dust almost anyone here about the history of those two programs. Whether you actually went to the school doesn't determine your ability as a fan. I would rather see a non-Alum who picks a school and stays there through lean times than an alum who only shows up when a team is doing well. Just my .02

Jdspur20
10-09-2005, 10:40 AM

Hugz,
Hussker
NU C/O '95
GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!
actually i'm attending the University of North Texas if you must know. i don't care wether you said alma only, since when did you think you can decide who can't post and who can??? your a dumbass, of course i wouldn't expect anymore from a NU fan. face it, its time to eat crow, you got on here and said NU was going to kick some gunslinger ass and well, they didn't.

Jdspur20
10-09-2005, 10:42 AM
:wtf that had to be the lamest comment I have ever read in my life

:lol

samikeyp
10-09-2005, 11:55 AM

1. I agree they are not a top 10 team.
2. I think they are contender for the North now but but dominance in 3 years? Over the North I can see...over the Big 12..Im not convinced, but I have been wrong before.
3. Alamo Bowl is a good possiblilty if they take the North.

FromWayDowntown
10-09-2005, 04:16 PM
I am not allowed to comment in this thread because my undergraduate colleges did not participate in the game played at Lincoln yesterday -- they lost in Easton, Pennsylvania and won in San Antonio. Accordingly, though I watched the game in Lincoln yesterday and have a working knowledge of football, I am precluded by the rules of this thread from offering any opinion as to what occurred there yesterday as a result of my failure to have either paid tuition or benefitted from someone else having paid tuition on my behalf to the undergraduate colleges at either university.

And since my undergraduate institutions do not participate in Division I-A collegiate football, I am not permitted to offer any opinions concerning any major college football teams.

What a bunch of bunk. I'm withholding comment here (though I have a paid affiliation with Texas Tech University) because Corn Guy is a bully. I don't talk to bullies.