PDA

View Full Version : LOL they gave Christie so much crap 4 endorsing Trump and now everyone following suit

hater
05-23-2016, 08:50 AM
:lmao this is probably the funniest mini side story so far :lmao

:lol entire Republican fan base and leaders eating shit and getting in like to suck off Trump :lmao

This is yet another proof this country is founded with shit.

DMX7
05-23-2016, 09:43 AM
Of course they are, Trump is a once in a generation candidate. They're just now realizing this.

Reck
05-23-2016, 09:50 AM
Not really.

Huge difference in falling in line because Trump is your only choice now and being a super lap dog like Christie was.

Did you see any rallies where he was? He was literally following Trump movements like he was hypnotize with wide eyes and mouth open. :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ZEzFp5uGA

Undeniable.

rmt
05-23-2016, 09:52 AM
I hope he wins and can put the country back on track economically - kinda like he ran his campaign financially - a lean, mean machine.

rmt
05-23-2016, 09:55 AM
There are still hold outs to the NeverTrump. Bill Cristol is still trying to get a third party candidate, and Glenn Beck will never vote for Trump.

boutons_deux
05-23-2016, 10:06 AM
I hope he wins and can put the country back on track economically

... because you don't know that (Repug) House does the budgeting, and Repug Congress is intent on weakening, fucking up govt with budget-cutting, with austerity, no-trickle-down tax cuts for BigCorp/1%, which retards the economy, not stimulates the economy.

In your silly naivete, you think a US Pres is a kingly autocrat.

Trump's budget is heavy on tax cuts for BigCorp and 1% (himself), causing $10T deficit in 10 years. Exactly like Ryan's multiply-approved budget.

Of course, Trump's people said, effectively, nothing Trump says in the campaign counts for, indicates anything. Trump will make up everything after he's elected.

Trump is just another Repug who is more blatant (hate, racism, xenophobia, American supremacy), more expert in suckering and conning you simpletons.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 10:20 AM
It always cracks me up when Bookaki calls everyone else a simpleton.

hater
05-23-2016, 10:20 AM
Not really.

Huge difference in falling in line because Trump is your only choice now and being a super lap dog like Christie was.

Did you see any rallies where he was? He was literally following Trump movements like he was hypnotize with wide eyes and mouth open. :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ZEzFp5uGA

Undeniable.

Endorsing the candidate and publicly decrying you will vote to him as well as recruiting more votes for him is basically sucking him off.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 10:21 AM
There are still hold outs to the NeverTrump. Bill Cristol is still trying to get a third party candidate, and Glenn Beck will never vote for Trump.

Glenn Beck is just not quite all there.

Reck
05-23-2016, 10:36 AM
I hope he wins and can put the country back on track economically

Wow, holy shit this is a bad take.

What makes you think Trump can get the country on a win streak economically? And please dont give me the shit excuse that he'll have great people sorrounding him. :lol

rmt
05-23-2016, 11:39 AM
This is what I want him to do: work with Congress to lower the corporate tax rate (and close the loopholes) so that corporations will come back here instead of setting up shop in Canada, Ireland or any of the other countries that have a lower rate than we do. I want an amnesty period where they charge a very low rate to bring back the trillions of dollars parked abroad with the understanding that it'll be invested here and create jobs. I want them to rescind every Obama executive action that restricts and burdens (especially small) businesses including Obamacare. I want them to strictly enforce e-verify - huge fines for hiring illegals - make it so no one will want to come here for jobs (then no need to build a wall). I want him to stop the H1-B visas - hire or re-train Americans. See if they can re-negotiate trade deals to be more fair to Americans.

It's a wish list - lucky if only a couple get through. Go ahead - blast away.

DMX7
05-23-2016, 11:48 AM
Obamacare isn't an executive order -- it's the law, a law passed by congress. Besides, it already has exemptions for small business that are actually small.

rmt
05-23-2016, 12:04 PM
Obamacare isn't an executive order -- it's the law, a law passed by congress. Besides, it already has exemptions for small business that are actually small.

I know, DMX7, I just added it at the end - okay, repeal ACA.

And after the country is better economically, I want them to slowly raise the age for SS to 70 (we're all living longer) and I know Trump doesn't want to touch SS but something has to be done to save it.

rmt
05-23-2016, 12:09 PM
And don't waste political capital on social issues - forget about abortion, gay marriage and transgenders in bathrooms.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 12:15 PM
And don't waste political capital on social issues - forget about abortion, gay marriage and transgenders in bathrooms.

X1000

DMX7
05-23-2016, 12:16 PM

It's amazing how little the impact of those issues has been this go around. The Trump Machine just blew through all that crap. His comments about punishing women for abortion didn't truly hurt him nor did his welcoming of transgender people into the bathroom of their choice at his hotels. Remember the big fuss Ted Cruz tried to make of it before he promptly got crushed in Indiana? :lol

Sportcamper
05-23-2016, 12:18 PM
Glenn Beck is just not quite all there.

Glenn Beck is Crazy…Even by extremist standards…So glad that scary dude is not with Fox News anymore…:lol

rmt
05-23-2016, 12:42 PM
... because you don't know that (Repug) House does the budgeting, and Repug Congress is intent on weakening, fucking up govt with budget-cutting, with austerity, no-trickle-down tax cuts for BigCorp/1%, which retards the economy, not stimulates the economy.

In your silly naivete, you think a US Pres is a kingly autocrat.

Trump's budget is heavy on tax cuts for BigCorp and 1% (himself), causing $10T deficit in 10 years. Exactly like Ryan's multiply-approved budget.

Of course, Trump's people said, effectively, nothing Trump says in the campaign counts for, indicates anything. Trump will make up everything after he's elected.

Trump is just another Repug who is more blatant (hate, racism, xenophobia, American supremacy), more expert in suckering and conning you simpletons.

boutons, for me, this election is all about JOBS. You know I am very conservative - but I no longer care politically about social issues or what Trump feels about women, etc. - just get the country back on track economically/financially. Hubby just came off 5 months of unemployment - at a time when the stock market tanked - when I should have been buying stocks like crazy. Instead, I couldn't as I wanted because I didn't know when or if he'd get another job (in his 50s and in the tech field). JOBS, JOBS, JOBS - after we can pay our mortgage and put food on the table, then we can argue all you want about xenophobia, American supremacy, transgender bathrooms, etc. And Trump is for more taxes (not tax cuts) at his level.

DMX7
05-23-2016, 12:45 PM
boutons, for me, this election is all about JOBS. You know I am very conservative - but I no longer care politically about social issues or what Trump feels about women, etc. - just get the country back on track economically/financially. Hubby just came off 5 months of unemployment - at a time when the stock market tanked - when I should have been buying stocks like crazy. Instead, I couldn't as I wanted because I didn't know when or if he'd get another job (in his 50s and in the tech field). JOBS, JOBS, JOBS - after we can pay our mortgage and put food on the table, then we can argue all you want about xenophobia, American supremacy, transgender bathrooms, etc. And Trump is for more taxes (not tax cuts) at his level.

It's interesting you say this because many people who are conservative (including evangelicals!) seem to put their passion for those issues aside and focus on the economy which is one reason Mr. Trump has been so successful given his incredible business acumen. Something like "the wall" REALLY resonates with GOP primary voters because it both discriminates against Mexicans and also is perceived as protecting America's economy (even if it really doesn't) -- it's like a two for one!

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 12:50 PM
It's interesting you say this because many people who are conservative (including evangelicals!) seem to put their passion for those issues aside and focus on the economy which is one reason Mr. Trump has been so successful given his incredible business acumen.

Well, you have to give Bill and Hillary credit for making a lot of money without working. ;)

They reported a net worth (not counting the Clinton foundation) of $700,000 in 1992 and leveraged that into a reported 111 million of personal net worth in 2016.

DMX7
05-23-2016, 01:00 PM
Well, you have to give Bill and Hillary credit for making a lot of money without working. ;)

They reported a net worth (not counting the Clinton foundation) of $700,000 in 1992 and leveraged that into a reported 111 million of personal net worth in 2016.

And most of it was probably earned legitimately. Bill's time in office is perceived by the general public as largely successful, and the celebrity factor, in and of itself, can make one a lot of money. All those book royalties, speaking fees, etc. add up... that and the investments of course.

rmt
05-23-2016, 01:02 PM
It's interesting you say this because many people who are conservative (including evangelicals!) seem to put their passion for those issues aside and focus on the economy which is one reason Mr. Trump has been so successful given his incredible business acumen. Something like "the wall" REALLY resonates with GOP primary voters because it both discriminates against Mexicans and also is perceived as protecting America's economy (even if it really doesn't) -- it's like a two for one!

It's hard to be nitpicking about transgender bathrooms when money is going out and not coming in (although he did claim unemployment benefits for the first time - a real humbling experience for him as he's always thought others needed it more than us - but with his age and the job situation, the gap was much longer than any previous time).

DMX7
05-23-2016, 01:07 PM
It's hard to be nitpicking about transgender bathrooms when money is going out and not coming in (although he did claim unemployment benefits for the first time - a real humbling experience for him as he's always thought others needed it more than us - but with his age and the job situation, the gap was much longer than any previous time).

That's right -- we can go back to being outraged about transgender bathroom rapes that aren't happening when the economy gets better for the proletariat class.

rmt
05-23-2016, 01:15 PM
That's right -- we can go back to being outraged about transgender bathroom rapes that aren't happening when the economy gets better for the proletariat class.

Don't shoot the messenger - you haven't seen me get into the transgender debate. To me, it's a non-issue politically.

DMX7
05-23-2016, 01:18 PM
Don't shoot the messenger - you haven't seen me get into the transgender debate. To me, it's a non-issue politically.

But sadly, that's how many on the right are thinking. It will probably be an issue again at some point.

Nbadan
05-23-2016, 10:53 PM
This is what I want him to do: work with Congress to lower the corporate tax rate (and close the loopholes) so that corporations will come back here instead of setting up shop in Canada, Ireland or any of the other countries that have a lower rate than we do. I want an amnesty period where they charge a very low rate to bring back the trillions of dollars parked abroad with the understanding that it'll be invested here and create jobs. I want them to rescind every Obama executive action that restricts and burdens (especially small) businesses including Obamacare. I want them to strictly enforce e-verify - huge fines for hiring illegals - make it so no one will want to come here for jobs (then no need to build a wall). I want him to stop the H1-B visas - hire or re-train Americans. See if they can re-negotiate trade deals to be more fair to Americans.

It's a wish list - lucky if only a couple get through. Go ahead - blast away.

hard to lower a zero tax rate IMO....

Nbadan
05-23-2016, 10:54 PM
But sadly, that's how many on the right are thinking. It will probably be an issue again at some point.

it's not even a true issue today....it's M$M fabricated BS....

mingus
05-24-2016, 11:06 AM

They (politicians) all get a lot richer. And since they make the rules, they don't come down on it. Iirc I i read once that politicians (at least the national ones) increase their net worth by something like $5-7 million. That kind of shit fucks up the entire political process.

Money in politics has been a central theme this election. I've yet to see actual policies being talked about that can come down on/regulate politicians as far as that goes. The system doesn't work if these guys are more or only worried about filling their pockets with money.