PDA

View Full Version : Trump acknowledges climate change — at his golf course

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 02:05 PM
He's a sophist of an order that should make our local GOP sycophants proud.

Donald Trump says he is “not a big believer in global warming.” He has called it “a total hoax,” “bullshit” and “pseudoscience.”

But he is also trying to build a sea wall designed to protect one of his golf courses from “global warming and its effects.”

The New York billionaire is applying for permission to erect a coastal protection works to prevent erosion at his seaside golf resort, Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Ireland, in County Clare.

A permit application for the wall, filed by Trump International Golf Links Ireland and reviewed by POLITICO, explicitly cites global warming and its consequences — increased erosion due to rising sea levels and extreme weather this century — as a chief justification for building the structure.

The zoning application raises further questions about how the billionaire developer would confront a risk he has publicly minimized but that has been identified as a defining challenge of this era by world leaders, global industry and the American military. His public disavowal of climate science at the same time he moves to secure his own holdings against the effects of climate change also illustrates the conflict between his political rhetoric and the realities of running a business with seaside assets in the 21st century.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/donald-trump-climate-change-golf-course-223436#ixzz49VVmWUbL

Wild Cobra
05-23-2016, 03:07 PM
LOL...

You religious fanatics never leave me without laughter.

Coastal erosion is natural, with or without a sea level change.

To be so fucking stupid and believe everything bad is caused by AGW...

Just how fucking stupid are you?

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 03:10 PM
LOL...

You religious fanatics never leave me without laughter.

Coastal erosion is natural, with or without a sea level change.

To be so fucking stupid and believe everything bad is caused by AGW...

Just how fucking stupid are you?

Trump said that AGW was cause in his pending application. My point was that he fits in right with our local nihilist dimwits such as yourself.

You shouldn't call people stupid when your reading comprehension is demonstrably poor in your own post.

Wild Cobra
05-23-2016, 03:14 PM
Blogger lover Fuzzy...

What has he really said? I'll bet you only know that the opposing pundits want you to believe.

There is certainly a change in weather that goes – if you look, they had global cooling in the 1920s and now they have global warming, although now they don’t know if they have global warming. They call it all sorts of different things; now they’re using “extreme weather” I guess more than any other phrase. I am not – I know it hurts me with this room, and I know it’s probably a killer with this room – but I am not a believer. Perhaps there’s a minor effect, but I’m not a big believer in man-made climate change.

Well I just think we have much bigger risks. I mean I think we have militarily tremendous risks. I think we’re in tremendous peril. I think our biggest form of climate change we should worry about is nuclear weapons.

He acknowledges it with the sensibility of facts, not what the IPCC pundits say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/03/21/a-transcript-of-donald-trumps-meeting-with-the-washington-post-editorial-board/

Wild Cobra
05-23-2016, 03:16 PM
Trump said that AGW was cause in his pending application. My point was that he fits in right with our local nihilist dimwits such as yourself.

You shouldn't call people stupid when your reading comprehension is demonstrably poor in your own post.

He's a politician. He will say what is necessary to get what he wants. I suggest you acknowledge he does believe in AGW, but just not a catastrophic scenario. Besides, very much of the sea level change is natural. We simply don't know how much of the rise is due to AGW. We can only guess.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Blogger lover Fuzzy...

What has he really said? I'll bet you only know that the opposing pundits want you to believe.

He acknowledges it with the sensibility of facts, not what the IPCC pundits say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/03/21/a-transcript-of-donald-trumps-meeting-with-the-washington-post-editorial-board/

:lol now your just moving the goalposts.

He's a big enough believer to ask for infrastructure he will pay for himself to counter it to protect his investments. Money talks, dimwit, you go fellate to rhetoric like the fool you are.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 03:32 PM
He's a politician. He will say what is necessary to get what he wants. I suggest you acknowledge he does believe in AGW, but just not a catastrophic scenario. Besides, very much of the sea level change is natural. We simply don't know how much of the rise is due to AGW. We can only guess.

Again, dimwit, he cites climate change as cause for an expensive sea wall to protect his investment.

The entire point of your 'catastrophic' rhetoric is to mitigate that type of thing as if true it doesn't matter. I don't think you even if I understand it so I don't have to acknowledge shit. I think like actuaries do in terms of hazards to property and the like. Nonetheless, his actions belie your narrative.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 03:35 PM
When in Rome. Gotta give the bureaucrats a reason they can love. He (or any businessman) would tell them it would keep zombies out if that's what it took to get a seawall to keep his property from eroding.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 03:38 PM
He's a sophist of an order that should make our local GOP sycophants proud.

When in Rome. Gotta give the bureaucrats a reason they can love. He (or any businessman) would tell them it would keep zombies out if that's what it took to get a seawall to keep his property from eroding.

Called it! :lol

Wild Cobra
05-23-2016, 03:46 PM
:lol now your just moving the goalposts.

He's a big enough believer to ask for public infrastructure to counter it to protect his own investments. Money talks, dimwit, you go fellate to rhetoric like the fool you are.

Idiot.

Your linked material says he asked for a permit to build it. That would suggest he is using his own money. Not "public infrastructure."

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2016, 03:47 PM
Idiot.

Your linked material says he asked for a permit to build it. That would suggest he is using his own money. Not "public infrastructure."

Fuzzy doesn't comprehend business.

Wild Cobra
05-23-2016, 03:50 PM

I wonder if he ever had to apply for a building permit? Does he even know what they are, and how expensive they can be?

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 03:51 PM

Him putting up his own money doesn't lead to the conclusion that you want, dimwit.

But hey you won a point of fact! :lol

Wild Cobra
05-23-2016, 03:56 PM
Another completely failed Fuzzy thread!

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 04:01 PM
I went ahead and took out the word public and correctly pointed out he was going to use some of his own money. It reads now as

He's a big enough believer to ask for infrastructure he will pay for himself to counter it to protect his investments. Money talks, dimwit, you go fellate to rhetoric like the fool you are.

My overall point still stands. You guys desperately trying to win points of fact oblivious to the big picture is hilarious.

Wild Cobra
05-23-2016, 04:03 PM
My overall point still stands. You guys desperately trying to win points of fact is hilarious.

Maybe his interest in stopping erosion is real rather than political?

I am not making such a judgement because I'm not that stupid.

But... we all know you will judge without facts.

Idiot...

You bear the "forum jester" badge real well... Always good for some stupid comedy!

FuzzyLumpkins
05-23-2016, 04:07 PM
Maybe his interest in stopping erosion is real rather than political?

I am not making such a judgement because I'm not that stupid.

But... we all know you will judge without facts.

Idiot...

You bear the "forum jester" badge real well... Always good for some stupid comedy!

And now we have the wishful thinking. Your claim that maybe he just cited AGW for political expediency is amusing. I will again point out your lack of consideration to the big picture. MY OP states he is a sophist to make you guys proud. I called it.

The I know you are but what am I response at the last is cute.

boutons_deux
05-23-2016, 04:36 PM
Just wait until all the wealthy Repugs with multi-$M beach front houses get flooded by AGW rising sea levels.

Then they'll be whining, begging the HATED Feds and taxpayers to bail out their greedy, corrupt asses.

Just like taxpayers bail them out of extremely high flood/storm insurance by subsidizing Fed flood insurance, which is in a multi-$B deficit.

Warlord23
05-23-2016, 08:14 PM
Y'all are wasting your time arguing about what Trump really believes. I don't think Trump himself has spent time thinking about the issues and arriving at an opinion. He probably reads internet forums and bumper stickers to decide what he wants to say on any given day.

There are only 3 Trump statements where I think was being totally honest:
1. "I am totally flexible on very, very many issues"
2. "Everything is negotiable"
3. "I love the poorly educated"